Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Darren Criss: ‘Nobody wants to know about the good things on Glee – but I was f***ing there’

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164May 19, 2022 4:38 AM

Before Glee, Criss had had small roles in Eastwick and Cold Case, but Ryan Murphy’s showchoir comedy allowed him to do both his passions simultaneously. He’d previously gone up for bit parts on the show but being cast as Blaine was his “Slumdog Millionaire moment”, where his first song on the show (a cover of Katy Perry’s “Teenage Dream”) reached No 8 in the Billboard Hot 100. As with his Christmas album, it was a place to perform old and new songs together – something he was doing before the show, when he would spend hours every week playing covers in bars and restaurants.

Blaine joined the show in season two (when Glee was already watched by tens of millions) as a love interest for fan-favourite Kurt Hummel, played by Chris Colfer. For many viewers, it was the first time they’d seen a young gay couple presented positively on the small screen. “I have a lot of queer folks that come up to me, particularly older folks, that will say how much that relationship meant to them,” Criss tells me. “They’ll say, ‘When I was growing up, I didn’t really ever get to see that on TV’… and then I always remind them, neither did I… As a cis straight man, I also didn’t see that. And while I have not grown up as a queer person, I’m a lifetime subscriber, man. I’m a season ticket holder to the queer experience. I grew up in San Francisco in the Nineties; these are people that raised my cultural awareness… [so] also it means a lot to me.”

But the topic of straight actors playing LGBT+ roles is a much-debated issue. Neil Patrick Harris, who starred in Hedwig and the Angry Inch on Broadway before Criss did it on the US tour, has previously defended the practice, saying that there is “something sexy” about it. How does he feel about it? Here, that mistrust comes out in Criss – a fear of misspeaking on “complex” issues. “This is a really tough one because, let’s just say, I’ve been s*** on,” he says. “No matter what I say, I’m going to get into the same mess that I’ve always gotten in, which is me being what I believe is very fair and diplomatic, but nobody’s interested in that, because compassion is not currently in vogue. So I don’t know what to say.” We can come back to the question if he wants time to gather his thoughts? “I’m making it sound like I have some controversial thing to say, which I don’t,” he hastens to clarify. “What I say is very normal.” We agree to come back to it

by Anonymousreply 1December 25, 2021 6:40 AM

Unfortunately for us both, the hard questions can’t end here. Last year, Glee was rocked by a series of accusations of bad practice and a toxic work environment on set. The most prominent were aimed at Lea Michele, who played the annoying and ambitious Rachel Berry and was accused by former co-star Samantha Ware of making her life a “living hell” on set. I can feel Criss suck the air through his teeth as I mention the allegations. “Bro, you’re getting right into it,” he says.

There’s a pause. “This is no bulls*** PR nonsense between you and me in this room, and whoever the f*** you want to tell. I have nothing but positive things to say about every single person on that show. I had such lovely interactions with everybody… for somebody who may get pinned as Mr Happy-Go-Lucky, it’s a bummer to me that I can’t celebrate the good things about people who have been extraordinary because I think the great things about people are not as fun to advertise as s***ty moments.” While he says he’s not speaking about any cast members in particular, he knows that fans want the “juicy tea” and will “love to try and think of their own version” when they read this. He’s probably right.

by Anonymousreply 2December 25, 2021 6:41 AM

Criss continues: “Working on set is an extraordinarily high-pressure zone where the rules are famously written in sand… There’s a great deal of context and compassion that is missing that nobody wants to know about or write about. But I was f***ing there, and I saw a lot of good things. I saw ‘not great’ things, but not because these people are bad people, truly.” Maybe it’s his “bleeding heart idealism”, he adds, but “I don’t believe anybody was ever twisting their moustache, like” – he puts on a Dick Dastardly voice – “‘I know, I shall compromise these people by doing the following things.’”

It’s also easy to forget that this was a young cast, many of whom were in their first TV roles and had been “shot out of a cannon into the public sphere”. “I f***ing dare anybody out there to have the constitution to be able to deal with that in a way that is spotless,” he says. “Think about it this way. Think about members of your family, fights that you’ve had, things that were said that weren’t meant… If it was written down, or somebody outside the family saw it and broadcast it to other people, it would make you look like a s***ty family… The next night, you’re at dinner, the holidays roll around. You give each other a hug, you respect each other, you love each other. That’s how families work… No one’s gonna write about the good stuff. So I’m here to tell you there was a lot more good stuff than there was bad stuff.”

Assassination of Gianni Versace trailer It was on the show that Criss first worked with Ryan Murphy – a man he describes as a provocateur and a “first-rate showman”. The Nip/Tuck creator was Glee’s showrunner, but it took The Assassination of Gianni Versace, episodes of which were directed by Murphy, for the pair to really collaborate. The second American Crime Story season told the story of Andrew Cunanan, a young Californian who murdered five men in 1997, one of whom was the Italian fashion designer. While the other ACS miniseries have told incredibly well-known stories, Criss found creative freedom in the fact that Cunanan – who died by suicide eight days after shooting Versace – was more of a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 3December 25, 2021 6:41 AM

“Unlike if you’re playing OJ, or if you’re playing Monica Lewinsky or Bill Clinton, or these public figures that have an extraordinary amount of documentation of how they look, how they sound, how they walk, how they talk, there was next to nothing on Andrew, which gave me kind of carte blanche to do whatever,” he says. “I think if Andrew was somebody that everybody knew, I think people would have had a very different expectation, because the assignment would have been different.”

by Anonymousreply 4December 25, 2021 6:42 AM

It’s here that Criss brings us back to the LGBT+ question, saying that he doesn’t want to “shy away” from the topic. “I think for any role that you’re up for, you want to know if you add value to it, right?” he says. “The Cunanan role came up simply because I’m half Filipino and I share a pretty similar likeness to the guy… He was also very white passing, which I am as well, so there’s a lot of things there that really fit… There are so many performances that are either straight roles given by queer actors or queer roles that are done by straight actors that are so beloved, that we just don’t talk about those. But if they’re done poorly, we get up in arms and we blame it on the fact that this person isn’t queer, this person isn’t straight, as opposed to maybe they just weren’t the right person for the job?”

On stage this summer at Elsie Fest, the outdoor

The problem, he says, is the “double standard” placed on performers once they become public figures – say, on a show like Glee. “If there’s a role that requires somebody or something about them, whether it’s a queer character, or a character that does this or has this background, if we know nothing about them, do we have the objectivity to appreciate their performance?” he asks. “Did they do a good job? Did they service the story? Did they give it life? Did we believe it? Did it give the thing that that character represents visibility? And because the veil has been lifted, we can see everything about somebody. I’m now in a position in my life where folks can look up anything about me, at least [that] I’ve let out there. That is a standard that is held up to the roles that I play.”

Criss says that while there’s no “hard and fast rule”, he is acutely aware of the “social barometer” and has turned down “plenty of queer roles” over the years, saying: “I’ll read a script and go, ‘I, as a consumer, would rather see a queer man do this role.’” A few years ago he made headlines for seeming to say that he wouldn’t play an LGBT+ character ever again. Today, he says that was a misquote. “I was like, ‘I never said this,’” he says. “What I did say was that I don’t want to be another…” He seems to lose his train of thought. “This is less about what I said and more about the issue of clickbait and how it can dilute what was actually said and it becomes corrosive to the overall message. That’s what’s unfortunate to me.” He pauses. “You should f***ing quote me on that. You won’t, but it’s OK.”

by Anonymousreply 5December 25, 2021 6:45 AM

I have one question. Who asked him?

by Anonymousreply 6December 25, 2021 6:45 AM

He's so boring. Say something salty.

by Anonymousreply 7December 25, 2021 6:57 AM

I’m sorry, I think he’s smarmy and has a growing, deep seated resentment that his career didn’t take off properly as he envisioned.

You can tell by his snarky poise, curt responses and tiny wrinkles forming around his features.

He’s going to age terribly because of it.

by Anonymousreply 8December 25, 2021 6:59 AM

Cancel her, she's a disappointing bitch.

by Anonymousreply 9December 25, 2021 7:02 AM

Doesn’t he have a Lamaze class or something to go to?

by Anonymousreply 10December 25, 2021 7:06 AM

He’s over. No one cares what he thinks. Begone now.

by Anonymousreply 11December 25, 2021 7:08 AM

Well if everybody was so wonderful on the show why didn't he give Lea a spot on his new Christmas album as she did for him when she released her Xmas album in 2019??

by Anonymousreply 12December 25, 2021 7:09 AM

r8 Thats the one. He clearly thought he was destined for greatness.

by Anonymousreply 13December 25, 2021 7:12 AM

From a recent article from another reporter:

“Darren also says he was misquoted when he apparently said he wouldn’t play another queer role and what he actually said (which he doesn’t reveal) was diluted for the sake of headlines.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 25, 2021 7:12 AM

... .....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 25, 2021 7:16 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 25, 2021 7:23 AM

He was treated like the prom king (and literally was one in the show), of course he had a great tim on Glee. It created his career and he was able to act the creator’s pet, protected from the bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 17December 25, 2021 7:24 AM

no one cares midget

he was the worst actor on the show his voice is that of a glorified karaoke singer

he was impressive in Versace... I'm assuming he took heavy acting lessons

...also, good hair plugs, bc he was damn near bald nead the end of glee

by Anonymousreply 18December 25, 2021 7:34 AM

His eyes are striking in person.

by Anonymousreply 19December 25, 2021 7:53 AM

He's not remotely handsome. Yet he is somehow handsome-adjacent. It's weird. It's like he lives in the Uncanny Valley.

by Anonymousreply 20December 25, 2021 8:08 AM

It's about celebs, and showrunners, wanting to control the narrative while the press uses random negative bits (even hints at behind the scenes' drama) as clickbait. And let's face it, the public is more interested in the morbid or sordid drama than the "aw, we are just one big happy family behind the scenes!" act. That's why, say, true-crime podcasts are so popular.

Sad to say, but nice and bland no longer gets people's juices flowing. It's negativity the masses are craving and the press is more than happy to push the buttons of their readers and viewers to get ratings.

by Anonymousreply 21December 25, 2021 8:10 AM

[quote]he had a great tim on Glee

Pics please.

by Anonymousreply 22December 25, 2021 8:22 AM

Everyone on Glee was nice... to me.

I'm sure having Murphy's cock in his mouth everyday helped.

by Anonymousreply 23December 25, 2021 8:28 AM

[quote] I think he’s smarmy and has a growing, deep seated resentment that his career didn’t take off properly as he envisioned.

I think R8 nails it.

by Anonymousreply 24December 25, 2021 8:30 AM

"Not remotely handsome" is pushing it, toots

by Anonymousreply 25December 25, 2021 8:33 AM

He seems widely disliked here but I think he is a decent actor.

by Anonymousreply 26December 25, 2021 8:44 AM

Why all the hate? He’s handsome, talented. I think people really resent him because he just won’t come out of the closet.

by Anonymousreply 27December 25, 2021 9:45 AM

Nobody wants to know about glee period. People have moved on.

by Anonymousreply 28December 25, 2021 10:10 AM

His Christmas album (which he released a few months ago for some reason) is pleasant enough. His version of "I Want A Hippopotamus For Christmas" sounds so weird and naughty.

by Anonymousreply 29December 25, 2021 11:37 AM

Does he think using the “F” word so much makes him more butch?

by Anonymousreply 30December 25, 2021 11:56 AM

He was very good as Hedwig

by Anonymousreply 31December 25, 2021 12:04 PM

He really is annoying in an Anne Hathaway type way. Thank god his career went down the shitter. He can’t sing for shit. Slightly better actor though.

by Anonymousreply 32December 25, 2021 12:15 PM

He’s so phony and annoying on Instagram with his over the top tributes for A Star is Born and In the Heights as well as the political stuff, “do you know your first amendment rights?” Also, his face bugs the shit out of me for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 33December 25, 2021 12:18 PM

He showed off his hot ass in Versace. More of that, less whining.

by Anonymousreply 34December 25, 2021 12:20 PM

He was just OK. I think he’s showing bitterness now that he’s peaked. He’s still relatively young, but he’s not going to ever “happen” in a big way.

by Anonymousreply 35December 25, 2021 12:23 PM

He’s got a nice ass but I really don’t think it’s all that big or round.

by Anonymousreply 36December 25, 2021 12:30 PM

He's a gorgeous mixed race man! I love him.

by Anonymousreply 37December 25, 2021 12:36 PM

He was phenomenal in the Versace miniseries (everyone involved was), but this —

[quote] He pauses. “You should f***ing quote me on that. You won’t, but it’s OK.”

sounds like Trump. What does he have to be so aggrieved about? If you don’t like the way your interviews are processed and reported, then figure out a better way to express yourself or stop granting interviews.

by Anonymousreply 38December 25, 2021 12:38 PM

Fuck him and his linebacker wife.

Merry Christmas 🎄

by Anonymousreply 39December 25, 2021 12:44 PM

R29, I just hears that on the radio yesterday. It's the Justify My Love of Christmas songs.

by Anonymousreply 40December 25, 2021 12:45 PM

R31 He licked my face and glasses at Hedwig and I still have a Marcia Brady-Desi Arnaz Jr dirty face from it to this day.

by Anonymousreply 41December 25, 2021 12:54 PM

Literally no one cares.

by Anonymousreply 42December 25, 2021 2:22 PM

Show your sweet ass again or shut up

by Anonymousreply 43December 25, 2021 2:25 PM

[quote] neither did I… As a cis straight man, I also didn’t see that. And while I have not grown up as a queer person, I’m a lifetime subscriber, man.

😂😂😂😂

The line the PR firm paid for and the only reason this article was written. The lack of creativity in PR today makes you wonder.

This queen reminds me of a friend of mine who was very masculine and gay but he'd go out of his way to try to sound straight, so it became obvious he liked men.

by Anonymousreply 44December 25, 2021 2:28 PM

Big “I listen to rap, I can say the N word” vibes

by Anonymousreply 45December 25, 2021 2:32 PM

Can anyone that posts this picture as their "engagement" be straight?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46December 25, 2021 2:34 PM

Darren Criss:

[quote]‘I was f***ing there’

And whom were you f***ing, Darren?

by Anonymousreply 47December 25, 2021 2:45 PM

What a queen.

by Anonymousreply 48December 25, 2021 2:57 PM

He’s so woke like a good parrot 🦜

by Anonymousreply 49December 25, 2021 2:57 PM

He and Nick Jonas must have the same PR firm.

by Anonymousreply 50December 25, 2021 3:50 PM

If he really was gay, wouldn't there be some hookup stories by now?

by Anonymousreply 51December 25, 2021 3:57 PM

He's a delightful young man trying hard to stay above the waves as many many people are trying to bring him down. All the hate here is ridiculous and dissapointing but then again it IS DL so what else to expect.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52December 25, 2021 4:45 PM

Why would you be disappointed that a man many here perceive as being in the closet gets hate? Even if it isn't true and this queen is a miracle of the miracles straight, it still stands to reason that on a gay message board that would be the response. Are you a homophobe?

DL is actually lenient to closeted celebrities that don't try to prove they're straight. That Sam actor had some sympathy till he went public denying being gay and calling himself normal.

I'm making fun of this guy but in the end I don't know about his sexuality. He strikes me as disingenuous because if you look at his videos online and pictures, he's very flamboyant, even if he is straight there's no way this guy didn't go through some homophobia, I have actual straight friends who did, an honest straight guy would actually use this as a response in order to connect with the community, instead of those stupid woke talking points. That's why Jamie Bell was applauded for acknowledging that he went through something similar in Billy Eliot.

by Anonymousreply 53December 25, 2021 5:02 PM

He is far too pretentious to be a straight man.

by Anonymousreply 54December 25, 2021 5:03 PM

Is his penis circumcised?

by Anonymousreply 55December 25, 2021 5:05 PM

[quote]Darren Criss: ‘Nobody wants to know about the good things on Glee – but I was f***ing there’

Pop off, cis.

by Anonymousreply 56December 25, 2021 5:15 PM

[quote] He's a delightful young man

He's not young and the other two are debatable.

by Anonymousreply 57December 25, 2021 6:20 PM

I think he is hated here because he is phony as hell. The fact that a lot of people think he is a closet case doesn't help either.

Of course Glee was great for him the same way it was great for Lea (with the difference he doesn't seem to be difficult on set), he was protected and promoted since day one. His character was supposed to be the boyfriend of one of the main characters but in the end it was the other way round.

He is handsome, he can act and he can sing but he lacks star power. Saying he won't play gay characters anymore was the kind of stupid woke thing that rubs people the wrong way. The same that complaining he is not getting opportunities for playing those gay characters when the truth is he has a career thanks to those gay characters

by Anonymousreply 58December 25, 2021 6:47 PM

If powerful Hollywood gays hadn’t helped Ryan Murphy early in his career, he’d probably be a serial killer in Indiana.

by Anonymousreply 59December 25, 2021 6:53 PM

I find Darrin sexy and talented. My only beef with him is his woke language for points. That part is not sincere.

by Anonymousreply 60December 25, 2021 7:14 PM

[quote]“Darren also says he was misquoted when he apparently said he wouldn’t play another queer role and what he actually said (which he doesn’t reveal) was diluted for the sake of headlines.

Backpedalling in full force - as DL predicted when the 'misquote' came out.

by Anonymousreply 61December 25, 2021 7:23 PM

I couldn’t care less about his sexuality. I hate him because he’s a phony, arrogant know it all.

by Anonymousreply 62December 25, 2021 7:55 PM

Any upscale restaurant within 50 miles of LA will have at least 2 waiters more attractive and talented than Mr. Criss.

by Anonymousreply 63December 25, 2021 11:42 PM

And Mia is shaped like a refrigerator. And look at how defined the jawbone is.

by Anonymousreply 64December 26, 2021 12:17 AM

As a gay actor, I think his responses were spot on. The usual DL cunts bitch, moan and rip people to shreds, yet have nothing to say. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 65December 26, 2021 12:35 AM

R65 = Mia Swier.

by Anonymousreply 66December 26, 2021 1:18 AM

A number of people have now gotten tired of Darren's current somewhat narcissistic look at me and oh also look how avant-garde I am because now I wear gold glittery boots, paint my nails assorted colors and think I'm a better singer than I actually am.

by Anonymousreply 67December 26, 2021 1:25 AM

R51 stop, Darren, with all the dumb upthread questions. Blah blah blah

by Anonymousreply 68December 26, 2021 3:25 AM

I watched the Versace miniseries for the first time a couple of months ago. After reading this thread, I think he channeled a lot of unresolved rage into his portrayal of Cunanan.

by Anonymousreply 69December 26, 2021 3:46 AM

[quote]...As a cis straight man, I also didn’t see that. And while I have not grown up as a queer person...

Oh, FOR CHRIST'S SAKE with the "cis" "queer" "queer" "queer" "queer" "queer" "cis" "cis" "cis" "cis" BULLSHIT!

Cis is a SLUR, and for the love of Pete, referring to any gay or lesbian person as "queer" is only something you do if you've asked them! We are pummeled into the ground for the literal violence of getting a stranger's "preferred pronouns" wrong, but think nothing of declaring whole swaths of strangers as "queer" without their ok!

I am NOT "queer", or LGBTQIA+, you fuckers, I'm a GAY man. There are not different types or categories of men, so there's never a need to add "cis" to my gender! Enough with this shit!

by Anonymousreply 70December 26, 2021 3:59 AM

Cis isn't a slur, it means "not trans"

You sound quite hysterical. I don't mind the terms cis or queer and neither do any other gay people I know so maybe you should lighten up. You lecture trans people for being overly sensitive but get worked up over a word like "cis"

by Anonymousreply 71December 26, 2021 4:10 AM

"My only beef with him is his woke language for points."

Translation: I'm a Log Cabin Republican

by Anonymousreply 72December 26, 2021 4:12 AM

[quote]‘Nobody wants to know about the good things on Glee – but I was f***ing there’

Cast suicides and drug overdose deaths have a way of grabbing all the attention. And then all the nasty things that all the cast members who weren't sucking Ryan Murphy's dick had to say about Lea Michele . . .

by Anonymousreply 73December 26, 2021 4:43 AM

[quote]‘Nobody wants to know about the good things on Glee – but I was f***ing there’

Cast suicides and drug overdose deaths have a way of grabbing all the attention. And then all the nasty things that all the cast members who weren't sucking Ryan Murphy's dick had to say about Lea Michele . . .

by Anonymousreply 74December 26, 2021 4:43 AM

[quote]Cis isn't a slur, it means "not trans"

That is like referring to two-legged people as "non amputees".

You sound like a clown.

by Anonymousreply 75December 26, 2021 4:56 AM

“Queer” people are usually in opposite sex relationships and have no ties to the gay experience beyond a vague of notion of “I think I could date another girl” yet DEMAND a seat at the head of the table so they can order around actual gays and lesbians. It’s a political signifier and nothing else.

At the end of the day, it’s still straight people calling gay people “queer” and telling them what to do. How exactly are these people different from the Moral Majority of the fifties? “well, she IDENTIFIES as a man so you should wanna eat her pussy” is the new “You just haven’t found the right girl yet.” That’s not how it works and it’s so frustrating that the call is coming from inside the house.

by Anonymousreply 76December 26, 2021 5:01 AM

some of you people on this site are unreal, in what world is cis a fucking slur?

by Anonymousreply 77December 26, 2021 5:04 AM

R77, it became a slur when all the people who feel entitled to make people just through hoops to codify all their they/them/ze bullshit decided that they were entitled to also define everyone else’s gender identity.

by Anonymousreply 78December 26, 2021 5:10 AM

I’m a man, not a cis man. That’s how I define my identity. It doesn’t suddenly change because 1% of the population is utterly insane.

Would I be allowed to be declare my own gender identity if I decided to chop off my dick and act like a professional victim online? Certainly. If a schizophrenic walking down the street said I was a purple monster, are THEY allowed to dictate the terms of my identity to coddle their mental illness? No.

by Anonymousreply 79December 26, 2021 5:14 AM

[quote] Would I be allowed to be declare my own gender identity if I decided to chop off my dick and act like a professional victim online?

Sure!

by Anonymousreply 80December 26, 2021 5:33 AM

Lllnlnlkn

by Anonymousreply 81December 26, 2021 6:50 AM

"Normal" is the word you are afraid to trot out and own. Qualifiers are not necessary for "normal".

by Anonymousreply 82December 26, 2021 7:14 AM

[quote]I watched the Versace miniseries for the first time a couple of months ago. After reading this thread, I think he channeled a lot of unresolved rage into his portrayal of Cunanan.

What unresolved rage? He's the poster child of privileged upbringing and career supported by powerful benefactors.

From the record so far, he needs quality material for a good performance. Of his three Murphy shows (not counting the episodic appearance in AHS) he impressed only in VERSACE - the only material not written by Murphy/Falchuk/Brennan. Funny that he was EP on HOLLYWOOD - the idea for which was allegedly his as well - but nobody was even remotely blown away by his performance there.

by Anonymousreply 83December 26, 2021 7:40 AM

I still think Darren is posting to this thread…r83

by Anonymousreply 84December 26, 2021 7:47 AM

R84 He's busy beating off to the Simon Rex video in the other thread.

by Anonymousreply 85December 26, 2021 7:52 AM

R85 lmao

by Anonymousreply 86December 26, 2021 7:53 AM

R85, link please.

by Anonymousreply 87December 26, 2021 7:57 AM

R87 chill

by Anonymousreply 88December 26, 2021 8:00 AM

R88 They missed it, anyway. He's done and crying now.

by Anonymousreply 89December 26, 2021 8:01 AM

We should hook him and Shawn Mendes up. They could cry (or possibly fuck) together for support.

by Anonymousreply 90December 26, 2021 8:47 AM

R47 not us.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91December 26, 2021 11:12 AM

R71: Cis just means that your gender identity is equal to your gender assigned at birth.

by Anonymousreply 92December 26, 2021 11:23 AM

Cis was a word made up for the sole purpose of marginalizing all non-trans. It was an act of aggression from the beginning.

Stop the gaslighting. Similar to CRT not taught in schools (and it's only teaching history in schools anyway) and ANTIFI only means you are anti-fascist ( and it doesn't exist anyway.). Progressive's dishonestly. Outside of a small number no one buys this shit.

by Anonymousreply 93December 26, 2021 11:31 AM

[quote] What unresolved rage?

The rage that comes from not achieving the STARDOM he thinks he is ENTITLED to.

I call it Miss Piggy syndrome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94December 26, 2021 11:56 AM

I will add, as of late, you can see the crazy in his eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95December 26, 2021 12:04 PM

Actually let me rephrase that

You can see the COKE in his eyes.

This Independent interview is a classic cocaine interview.

by Anonymousreply 96December 26, 2021 12:06 PM

He is a non-gender conforming cis straight man and therefore qualifies as queer.

He should use that.

Personally I think he's 😍.

by Anonymousreply 97December 26, 2021 12:41 PM

He’s absolutely right that the style of reporting on these questions is designed to gin up social media backlash only.

by Anonymousreply 98December 26, 2021 12:45 PM

Wasn’t Glee at least a decade ago? No one cares

by Anonymousreply 99December 26, 2021 1:06 PM

More of this and less talk.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 26, 2021 2:04 PM

[quote][R71]: Cis just means that your gender identity is equal to your gender assigned at birth.

Yes, I know what it is intended to mean, I'm saying it is a ridiculous distinction made to normalize a tiny percentage of people seeking to normalize their psychological condition as some reasonable variant and equate it to the vast majority on earth not suffering from severe gender dysphoria. They are not two sides of the same coin.

It is exclusively used in a rather sneering way, I have observed.

by Anonymousreply 101December 26, 2021 3:05 PM

So many for the gulag here.

It's for their good. Like going to college, it's educational.

by Anonymousreply 102December 26, 2021 3:38 PM

Trans will cost the Democrats the midterms

by Anonymousreply 103December 27, 2021 8:16 AM

R103 Doesn't really matter - Dems never could get their shit together.

by Anonymousreply 104December 27, 2021 8:54 AM

R101 Exactly. If they want me to refer to them as they choose, then they can do me the same service and drop the fucking cis.

by Anonymousreply 105December 27, 2021 9:00 AM

He was a theatre kid, right? Many straight theatre kids act flamboyant and over the top.

by Anonymousreply 106December 27, 2021 9:08 AM

R106 yeah and he was doing semi professional shows since he was a little kid. He has said in doing all those shows he was around many gay men. Environment plays a factor as to why he is quite flamboyant.

by Anonymousreply 107December 27, 2021 1:32 PM

[quote] He was a theatre kid, right? Many straight theatre kids act flamboyant and over the top.

No they don't, unless they're gay. Is that the next PR angle?

by Anonymousreply 108December 27, 2021 3:07 PM

He eats snatch. He doesn’t suck cock.

by Anonymousreply 109December 27, 2021 4:23 PM

It's crazy that some of you dont realize there are flamboyant straight guys. They are the minority but they exist. Plus it's not like hes flaming.

by Anonymousreply 110December 27, 2021 4:29 PM

Less whining, more nude scenes Darren

by Anonymousreply 111December 27, 2021 4:36 PM

" I was fucking there!"

Similar to storming the beaches of Normandy. There really should be a monument in WeHo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112December 27, 2021 5:06 PM

[quote][R71]: Cis just means that your gender identity is equal to your gender assigned at birth.

So much wrong with this, first of all NO ONE is "assigned a gender at birth", that is the dumbest, most toxic and anti-biological statement ever concocted!

Everyone's gender identity MATCHES their gender unless they are suffering from the mental affliction of gender dysphoria! If this is the case, we seek to CURE them of their condition, we do NOT reorder the entire natural world to suit their particular disturbance!

This entire subterfuge is to equate trans people and not trans, which is pure nonsense, of course! Men and women never need distinguishing adjectives to describe their gender as ALL men are men, and ALL women are women. How they like to dress and present themselves is up to them, but thy NEVER change their gender, regardless of that the Gender Identity Movement DEMANDS we believe!

by Anonymousreply 113December 27, 2021 6:27 PM

Well, I guess no one took a shit in his WIG!

by Anonymousreply 114December 27, 2021 6:35 PM

Criss, STFU and get on your knees.

by Anonymousreply 115December 27, 2021 9:00 PM

War and Peace would be a shorter read than that article. Worthless.

by Anonymousreply 116December 27, 2021 9:05 PM

he wouldn't have gotten the emmy if he hadn't shown his ass so many times in Versace.

That's his greatest talent, and he knows it.

by Anonymousreply 117December 27, 2021 9:14 PM

I will say...he seems straight (annoying theatre kid straight) but opportunistic.

will fuck for roles (and by all accounts...he probably did.)

by Anonymousreply 118December 27, 2021 9:16 PM

Oh he definitely has that annoying theatre kid personality.

by Anonymousreply 119December 27, 2021 9:21 PM

R118 He's thirsty enough to drink just about anything.

by Anonymousreply 120December 27, 2021 10:07 PM

Mediocre at best.

by Anonymousreply 121December 28, 2021 2:01 PM

Apparently, Criss is singing with the San Francisco Symphony on New Year's Eve. ($55! Getcher tix now!) I'm sure they can hide the AutoTune machine behind the organ pipes at Davies Symphony Hall.

by Anonymousreply 122December 30, 2021 8:42 PM

I don't think he's gay. The quote below is very "mainstream voice talks over the minority voice."

[Quote] particularly older folks, that will say how much that relationship meant to them,” Criss tells me. “They’ll say, ‘When I was growing up, I didn’t really ever get to see that on TV’… and then I always remind them, neither did I… As a cis straight man, I also didn’t see that. And while I have not grown up as a queer person, I’m a lifetime subscriber, man. I’m a season ticket holder to the queer experience.

I'm reminded of when Colton, in his Hollywood years, tried to holler at the gay audience by declaring that his (half) brother is gay. The difference is that Colton didn't wax lyrical about being an ally, because he knew that he was not, he's a member of the "community." Nor did he try to put himself at the centre, as Criss does in the quote above.

by Anonymousreply 123December 30, 2021 9:23 PM

Criss has multiple albums, despite his meagre vocal ability.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124December 30, 2021 9:24 PM

Whereas the much more talented Gavin Creel never received investment and support as a recording artist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125December 30, 2021 9:25 PM

Too bad Gavin -- someone who can more than carry a tune without getting hipster-wannabe smarm all over it -- isn't performing with the SF Symphony.

Darren, you stayed up late drinking cocktails because you couldn't sleep because the Tony Award nominations were coming out? Girl...

by Anonymousreply 126December 30, 2021 9:35 PM

R126, Gavin's dad wasn't a major donor to SF arts.

That's the crucial detail here.

by Anonymousreply 127December 31, 2021 10:55 PM

[quote]Criss has multiple albums, despite his meagre vocal ability.

Most of the 'albums' are EPs.

by Anonymousreply 128December 31, 2021 10:58 PM

R125 Gavin should be cancelled because of his hair.

by Anonymousreply 129January 1, 2022 1:08 AM

[quote] [R126], Gavin's dad wasn't a major donor to SF arts.

Is Darren's dad rich? I thought he was just a regular, middle class teen who got discovered playing the lead in a Harry Potter school musical?

by Anonymousreply 130January 1, 2022 1:13 AM

I confess I don't even want to know about the bad things on Glee.

by Anonymousreply 131January 1, 2022 1:15 AM

Glee summary: There was this hot guy named Sam who looked like he could take two dicks in his mouth at once, but the actor is straight and isn't hot anymore. There was also this hot guy named Sebastian who is the Flash now and is still so very cute.

Otherwise annoying characters - discard.

The end.

by Anonymousreply 132January 1, 2022 1:25 AM

R130 Darren went to private schools and his dad was rich. He was a CEO of a bank.

by Anonymousreply 133January 1, 2022 1:41 AM

That ugly fuck has to have the most punchable face ever. Yuck. I hate everything about it.

by Anonymousreply 134January 1, 2022 1:47 AM

[quote]I thought he was just a regular, middle class teen who got discovered playing the lead in a Harry Potter school musical?

'Middle class' today can mean anything above trailer trash. But no, he isn't regular middle class. His father was in international investment banking and a bank partner, Criss and his brother went to private schools.

by Anonymousreply 135January 1, 2022 1:48 AM

[Quote] There was also this hot guy named Sebastian who is the Flash now and is still so very cute.

Grant was hot??

by Anonymousreply 136January 1, 2022 2:16 PM

He's pretty good-looking, except that he reminds me a little of Screech.

by Anonymousreply 137January 1, 2022 3:59 PM

R137 in what way?

by Anonymousreply 138January 1, 2022 4:02 PM

His face looks like Screech to me.

by Anonymousreply 139January 1, 2022 4:25 PM

R124 why is this man famous? He really cannot sing…

by Anonymousreply 140January 1, 2022 9:57 PM

He's way too flaming to play leading man roles. I watched the awful Hollywood show and it was painful watching him trying to show interest in the chick he was paired with who was a horrible actress in her own right.

by Anonymousreply 141January 1, 2022 10:03 PM

Lol r141.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142January 12, 2022 8:10 PM

R142 OnlyFans or Cameo - which would be sadder?

by Anonymousreply 143January 12, 2022 11:05 PM

R142 interesting.

by Anonymousreply 144January 12, 2022 11:41 PM

He eats pussy.

by Anonymousreply 145January 13, 2022 12:02 AM

He's no Darren Barnet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146February 2, 2022 12:57 PM

Has he ever shown his cock?

by Anonymousreply 147February 2, 2022 1:11 PM

R145, artificial pussy. Like Pepsi versus Diet Pepsi.

by Anonymousreply 148February 2, 2022 1:13 PM

I'm only here for that Emmy award winning ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149February 2, 2022 1:29 PM

R124 LOL. Young turds think that is "singing".

by Anonymousreply 150February 2, 2022 2:19 PM

Darren B. is better looking than Darren C. R146.

by Anonymousreply 151February 2, 2022 7:26 PM

We've already seen his arse, now the cock!

by Anonymousreply 152February 2, 2022 7:46 PM

R152 doubtful he will ever show it.

by Anonymousreply 153February 2, 2022 9:42 PM

His lucky wife gets to suck his dick!

by Anonymousreply 154February 2, 2022 10:23 PM

Straight girls don't suck dick. Only sluts do.

by Anonymousreply 155February 2, 2022 10:45 PM

R146 Must have been a lot of fugs in his school.

by Anonymousreply 156February 3, 2022 9:57 PM

Brother Charles has died.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157March 2, 2022 6:34 PM

[quote] "but I was f***ing there"

I know.

by Anonymousreply 158March 2, 2022 6:57 PM

Darren Criss is going to co-host the Tony's pre-show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159May 18, 2022 3:16 AM

His kids name is fucking stupid

by Anonymousreply 160May 18, 2022 5:40 AM

[quote] but I was f***ing there

What a twat. It's not like he was there on D-Day storming the beaches at Normandy or standing on the grass witnessing JFK getting shot.

by Anonymousreply 161May 18, 2022 6:14 AM

[quote]Cis isn't a slur, it means "not trans"

My point is there is an automatic default here on earth to "not trans" already.

How out of touch can you be? We don't orient ourselves according to the Trans Agenda!

by Anonymousreply 162May 19, 2022 2:11 AM

Who is this queer?

by Anonymousreply 163May 19, 2022 3:07 AM

He can cum inside me. Anytime!

by Anonymousreply 164May 19, 2022 4:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!