Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Corey Haim would turn 50 today!

So young!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 15, 2022 5:08 PM

OP is the Dominique Dunne troll. No one gives a fuck about Gorey Haim.

by Anonymousreply 1December 23, 2021 10:05 AM

Meth faggot

by Anonymousreply 2December 23, 2021 10:09 AM

[quote]OP is the Dominique Dunne troll.

I am? Well, thanks for letting me know.

by Anonymousreply 3December 23, 2021 4:12 PM

At least now he doesn't have to deal with that yo-yo weight problem.

by Anonymousreply 4December 23, 2021 4:28 PM

Haim was the superior Corey. Anyone who viewed their reality show knows the show did him dirty, and he was a genuine human being.

by Anonymousreply 5December 23, 2021 4:38 PM

I'm so glad Korey Glaim is dead. He sucked.

by Anonymousreply 6December 23, 2021 5:00 PM

OP Are you a pedo?

by Anonymousreply 7December 23, 2021 5:38 PM

Would have turned, OP.

by Anonymousreply 8December 23, 2021 5:58 PM

He was surrounded by such awful people and his addiction ruined his career. He was a very sexy guy. He was definitely talented and promising. Sadly used a plaything for chickenhawks when young as they most likely saw he was a gay boy and manipulated that. If God was real, talentless Feldman would have died instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 28, 2022 5:26 AM

I wonder when Corey's boo Charlie will be joining him in Heaven.

by Anonymousreply 10January 28, 2022 7:32 AM

Corey Glaim was an even bigger nothing than Dominique Dunne.

by Anonymousreply 11January 28, 2022 7:40 AM

Too old.

by Anonymousreply 12January 28, 2022 7:42 AM

If you ask me, Corey Haim's: Me Myself and I is not talked about enough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 28, 2022 7:45 AM

r13 Bieber vibez.

by Anonymousreply 14January 28, 2022 8:22 AM

r13 He was 100% high when he made this.

by Anonymousreply 15January 28, 2022 8:23 AM

Such creepy vibes from he and his brother, kory. Meth bisexualism child abuses teen drug and all u creep queens with frosted tips and tongue piercings just eat it up. Can’t y’all see when a scene or a set of peeps are low down or creepy? Or pathetic and dead from meth after being a dirty boy hooker?

by Anonymousreply 16January 28, 2022 8:57 AM

Corey Haim got hooked on drugs too soon. That's the only explanation he stuck around other druggie Corey Feldman made low budget teen movies with him just for money. Feldman should because he can't act and he's ugly, Haim kept him famous past his child star days.

by Anonymousreply 17January 28, 2022 11:27 AM

Feldman should be grateful because he can't act and he's ugly, Haim kept him famous past his child star days.

by Anonymousreply 18January 28, 2022 11:28 AM

The year Corey died, I was going through most severe and dark and dangerous depressive spiral I’ve ever had (I’ve had a dozen, and currently going through one right now). So now sadly I automatically associate his name & image with The Worst of Times, though I actually did think he seemed a raw-talented actor and a sweet genuine person (if misguided and addled) who didn’t deserve all the trauma he went through at the hands of vicious nasty soulless people (Feldman chief among them). Just seeing his picture triggers me back to the 2010 days of wanting to die.

That said, the times we’re currently in stack up as a close second or third in awfulness to that period (well, at least for me they do). Must be all these damn retrogrades.

by Anonymousreply 19January 28, 2022 12:24 PM

Retrogrades don't turn you into a worthless low life cunt. Being a worthless low life cunt does.

by Anonymousreply 20January 28, 2022 12:34 PM

R20 sorry, who’s a ‘worthless low life cunt’? Me or Haim? If you’re going to sling mud at people like a feral gibbon scratching its own arse, please learn to direct your attacks more specifically using clear English.

by Anonymousreply 21January 28, 2022 12:37 PM

R21 So now retrogrades killed Korey Glaim? LOL. You really are the stupidest cunt here on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 22January 28, 2022 12:41 PM

Unfortunately Corey Haim was a product of his upbringing, meaning shitty parenting, no oversight, no discipline, no boundaries, no supervision, no structure, no limits, no family values kids need at an early age before they reach legal 18. A good solid family foundation in the home is the ideal. He deserved better, all kids do, he can't raise himself, he was a casualty of bad parenting, bad upbringing, bad influences, bad choices. At some point, you grow up and say ENOUGH, and break free. I do feel bad for him, he was handed a raw creepy deal as an impressionable kid. RIP Corey Haim.

by Anonymousreply 23January 28, 2022 12:56 PM

Sad to think River Phoenix may have ended up like Haim or Brad Renfro had he not died young at the Viper Club. A bloated has been who died from an overdose.

by Anonymousreply 24January 28, 2022 1:55 PM

r13 Shawn Mendes has the same mannerism, but that Queen still insists on being called straight. If he was around in 80s he's hole would have also been ravaged by half of chickenhawk Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 25January 28, 2022 2:03 PM

Shawn is also Canadian like Corey. Michael J Fox is also Canadian. It seems all the cute boys are from Canada.

by Anonymousreply 26January 28, 2022 2:16 PM

He was super hot when young and Corey Feldman was always ugly. It’s tragic how his looks disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 27January 28, 2022 2:21 PM

Looking at his facial features it was clear that he was always going to lose his looks. He wasn't gorgeous as a youth and most child stars have a look that doesn't translate well into adulthood.

by Anonymousreply 28January 28, 2022 2:52 PM

R23 That comment was so brain dead and nonsensical, Korey Glaim would have stabbed you 50 trillion times in the kunt.

by Anonymousreply 29January 28, 2022 4:23 PM

I don't think he looked much different from Ryan Phillippe or Colton Haynes. Big eyes, high cheekbones, small jaw and big lips. Drugs damaged his looks more than aging.

by Anonymousreply 30January 28, 2022 4:40 PM

Ryan Phillippe had a thinner face which has filled in nicely. Haim had um a face that was going to look less than ideal compared to his youthful beauty. You can see it in r13's video. Some people peak look wise before their 20s. Most people that looked good in high school turned average as young adults.

by Anonymousreply 31January 28, 2022 5:52 PM

He always looked like the kind of guy who had bad breath.

by Anonymousreply 32January 28, 2022 6:08 PM

r32 we all know why that is.

by Anonymousreply 33January 28, 2022 6:12 PM

River Phoenix had shitty friends like Flea, John Frusciante and Johnny Depp. His then-girlfriend Samantha Manthis was also a junkie. If only River listened to Martha Plimpton who tried to get him sober. He was not this angel as his frauen fans make him to be. He was a still a young guy full of ego and was stubborn about his beliefs and choices.

Wil Wheaton turned out okay despite similarly having shitty parents and thrown into acting. I do believe addiction and even one's willpower is also genetically determined to a degree. As some people from the shittiest homes still manage to pull themselves together.

by Anonymousreply 34January 28, 2022 9:54 PM

I don't get DL's obsession with River Phoenix. He was average looking at best (odd nose) a good actor but nothing special. Must just be the Hearth Ledge of the 90s, someone a certain generation can't let go of. Even Jame Dean makes more sense as a topic of discussions on here cause at least he suck and rode cock like the Indiana whore he was born to be; he's relatable. Same with Corey Haim. River was just a straight child-star turned adult with a drug habit. Sort of boring.

Also, his brother was fucking hot in Gladiator. River who?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 29, 2022 1:00 AM

[quote] I don't get DL's obsession with River Phoenix. He was average looking at best (odd nose) a good actor but nothing special

River Phoenix played a gay hustler in a Gus Van Sant film and was a vocal gay ally in the early 90s and marched at a pride parade and this was during the HIV hysteria. Keanu and River taking their roles in My Own Private Idaho was very risky especially more so for Keanu who was a big teen idol. And River rewrote his character Mike Waters from being asexual to being gay and in love with Keanu's character Scott. That has a lot to do with gay men's obsession with River. Also like James Dean, was hot and blonde and died young in California.

I personally think Brad Renfro deserved just as much an obsession as Heath Ledger. Brad came from the mountains of Tennessee. Was dirt poor from a broken home until he got discovered by Joel Schumacher. Was a gay ally and let Dennis Copper and Bruce LaBruce interview him. Bully directed by Larry Clark is one of the best movies about adolescence. Heath got all the acclaim for Brokeback Mountain. Brad seemed at least bicurious and choose interesting and alternative roles even as a teen star.

by Anonymousreply 36January 29, 2022 1:10 AM

Thank you r36, I didn't know or forgot about those facts. Since it was the 90s, I get how helpful that can be. I can admit i was wrong and retract some of my statement in r35.

by Anonymousreply 37January 29, 2022 1:12 AM

Corey Haim was my first crush but from watching the last interview he did I think he would have only been slightly above average if he had stayed off drugs. He was hot and I love My Own Private Idaho but was River Phoenix an interesting person at all?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38January 29, 2022 1:17 AM

River Phoenix grew up in a cult with New Age hippie parents who indoctrinated him. He repeated back everything he was taught from them in interviews. He never had a chance to develop his own personality as he was working as child and surrounded by adults rather than peers. That's why he talked sounding older than his age. He started to rebel though by experimenting with drugs and hanging out with Johnny Depp, Michael Stipe and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. He was still a relatively sheltered kid with all the pressure to support his family and hippie deadbeat parents. So he had absolutely no common sense. That's what cost him his life. Sweet person but never had a chance.

by Anonymousreply 39January 29, 2022 1:23 AM

Rain and Joaquin were fortunate enough to at least have been too young to remember the cult, The Children of God and had mostly normal childhoods while River supported them. When River OD'ed, they had to take over as the family earners. Jaoquin's trauma comes from seeing his brother die outside The Viper Room.

by Anonymousreply 40January 29, 2022 1:26 AM

r13 I didn't realize until watching this video how similar young Corey was facially to Bieber.

by Anonymousreply 41January 29, 2022 1:28 AM

Bieber looks a lot like Donny Osmond too.

by Anonymousreply 42January 29, 2022 1:30 AM

Brad Renfro was the Southern-fried Corey Haim. Sweet, talented but troubled junkie with shitty parents. I think Brad had a much better face but he aged too quickly and was losing his hair before 25. He always looked older than his age as opposed to Corey who looked younger. They both worked with Joel Schumacher. Chickenhawks like Bryan Singer and Larry Clark were not the best people for Brad to work with though they both have him two great roles that defined his filmography.

Chickenhawk provocateur Dennis Cooper got to interview Brad here. John Waters really wanted to work with Brad (certainly his type). I think Bruce LaBruce too. James Franco probably had a crush on him too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43January 29, 2022 2:08 AM

I think Schumacher wrote his character as a gayling in Lost Boys. The bright, campy clothing, girly demeanor and the Rob Lowe poster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 8, 2022 4:37 PM

Why did he go the thin eyebrow route? Did he do drag?

by Anonymousreply 45March 8, 2022 4:39 PM

R44 in the comic-book extension of THE LOST BOYS (titled REIGN OF FROGS), vampire-hunter Alan Frog (Jamison Newlander's character in the original movie) gets caught during a showdown with a group of vamps, who bite and halfway-turn him vamp too. The horror and pain of this sends both Alan's brother Edgar (Feldman's character) and Sam (Haim's character) into a depressive hermitage. It all comes across pretty gay, though that wasn't what the book was going for.

These characters were meant to be the macho, lawful, super-straight Rambo-esque little all-American kids of the original movie, in contrast to the angsty subcultural dropout gay-coded vamps. Then they grew up, and also fell under the glittery sexy hedonistic spell of vampirism....

In the threequel LOST BOYS movie, which is about Edgar's exploits as an adult vamp-hunter out on his own (horrible movie, clearly a vanity project for Feldman), Sam shows up again for a brief cameo in the story (all they could clean Haim up enough to do, sadly), this time as a vamp who has estranged himself from Edgar. The implication at this point in the timeline is that, after years apart, an adult human Sam went to Alan out of grief and a misguided notion to try and figure out a way to save his humanity, only for a deranged and lonely fully-vamped exile Alan to bite and turn Sam. So, Sam in his fear of what Alan will do on a power-trip, runs back to Edgar to ask for protection and help fighting Alan. Again, really sort of gay, when you consider the homoeroticism set up by the original movie...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46May 15, 2022 5:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!