Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The most boring gay couple you know?

Who is the most boring gay couple you know?

I think my boss and his husband take home the trophy. My boss is a lawyer at a big law firm in downtown Houston, his husband is a pediatric neurooncologist. They live in the prestigious River Oaks neighborhood. The neurooncologist emigrated from China to come to America. My boss is a blonde white boy. Neither of them went to "name brand schools," instead they worked very hard for their success.

The neurooncologist is a vegetarian and the lawyer is a pescatarian. They aren't fans of nightclubs or the "gay scene." They'd rather go to a quiet bistro and have deep discussions. The only movies they watch are adaptations of the books they read, with a few exceptions.

These guys are in their late thirties/early forties.

Who is the most boring gay couple you know?

by Anonymousreply 52December 30, 2021 7:06 PM

I think they are both too intelligent to get involved in the regular gay scene. lol ergo, they are boring.

by Anonymousreply 1December 21, 2021 6:05 PM

They sound pretty cool to me.

by Anonymousreply 2December 21, 2021 6:05 PM

Why on earth do you care what they do - or eat.

by Anonymousreply 3December 21, 2021 6:05 PM

They are into open relationships and talk incessantly about their tricks. You’d be surprised at how tiresome it gets listening to after a while.

by Anonymousreply 4December 21, 2021 6:06 PM

I would imagine you are equally tiresome, particularly if you use "lol" at your age.

by Anonymousreply 5December 21, 2021 6:06 PM

They sound fine.

Boring people to me are people who never do anything but whatever everybody is doing at the moment.

by Anonymousreply 6December 21, 2021 6:07 PM

You sound envious of these people, OP.

by Anonymousreply 7December 21, 2021 6:07 PM

Is it a good job you enjoy and would like to keep?

Do either of them read DL?

by Anonymousreply 8December 21, 2021 6:08 PM

OP, I can guarantee they'd think you were the dullest, fat queen they know, but they've never given you even a second's thought.

by Anonymousreply 9December 21, 2021 6:09 PM

The most boring gay couples I know either have basic tastes, or else *shudder* they're monogamous.

by Anonymousreply 10December 21, 2021 6:10 PM

R7 I'm envious of their bank accounts.

by Anonymousreply 11December 21, 2021 6:11 PM

How well do I have to "know" them?

Pete and Chasten. Borrrrring.

by Anonymousreply 12December 21, 2021 6:11 PM

R8 If they don't you can be sure they'll have friends who recognize them who do.

by Anonymousreply 13December 21, 2021 6:12 PM

R3 I care because I'm envious I guess. I'm just a fat frau who will never be as successful or smart as them. I do know the oncologist parents were plumb farmers in China and the lawyers parents were a nurse and a mechanic. Anyone can be successful in America!

by Anonymousreply 14December 21, 2021 6:23 PM

Maybe they'll start posting your personal identifying details here, OP.

This sounds like revenge doxxing and it's wrong.

by Anonymousreply 15December 21, 2021 6:30 PM

Not trying to dox.

by Anonymousreply 16December 21, 2021 6:34 PM

OP's boring couple sound a lot less boring than most "fans of nightclubs or the 'gay scene'" who "went to 'name brand schools.'"

by Anonymousreply 17December 21, 2021 6:37 PM

OP, you sound obsessed with these people. You mentioned them in a “share your terrible dinner party stories” thread several times. You mentioned them enough that I immediately remember your stupid stories about them. Now this? Wtf?

by Anonymousreply 18December 21, 2021 6:44 PM

R18 Thank you. I thought this sounded like a retread. Why?

by Anonymousreply 19December 21, 2021 6:50 PM

Happy people lead boring lives.

by Anonymousreply 20December 21, 2021 6:55 PM

My mother-in-law has been comparing me and my husband to her GBF friends for 20 years. Nothing we do ever stacks up to the fabulousness of her southern gay friends. Regardless of her feelings towards these people, my husband and I find them insufferable--big gay wedding, accessory child through a surrogate, bragging up the ass. Now they're divorcing and falling apart, we are still going strong.

by Anonymousreply 21December 21, 2021 7:00 PM

They sound ugly but happy, OP.

by Anonymousreply 22December 21, 2021 7:09 PM

I'm boring. I have no talent. I make no contribution to society. But I do no harm. I'm pretty happy. Im not unhappy. I don't give joy to other people. I don't give them grief either. Most people at work don't even know I exist. Sometimes relatives remember to invite me for Christmas. No one will remember me after I'm gone. I may not even have people come to my funeral. I lead my best life possible.

by Anonymousreply 23December 21, 2021 7:30 PM

Why do they sound cool and I think they boring?

by Anonymousreply 24December 22, 2021 2:42 AM

I think I like them more than you.

by Anonymousreply 25December 22, 2021 2:47 AM

Thanks for posting, [R21]. I enjoyed reading that! And you're so right. In the end it tends to be the quiet ones who fly under the radar who last the longest and are the happiest.

by Anonymousreply 26December 22, 2021 3:44 AM

I woman I dated briefly in college and her partner. They got together their sophomore year and have been together every since, for 20 years. Married in their early 20s, right after graduating, both went to graduate school in my ex's city, then they both moved to her wife's city and had kids with a sperm donor a few years later. They're close to their families, attend gay affirming churches, and are nice pillars of the community. They're more wholesome and conventional than most straight couples I know.

by Anonymousreply 27December 23, 2021 8:54 AM

Lets pray they don't read DL OP or you in trouble girl

by Anonymousreply 28December 23, 2021 9:07 AM

You sound immature and ignorant OP. Just because someone doesn't meet your standard of fun doesn't necessarily make them boring. They sound like a private, sophisticated couple.

by Anonymousreply 29December 23, 2021 9:33 AM

I’m in Boston, there’s lots of them.

I did a photoshoot last Sunday and a Boston transplant basically told me you can only be gay in Boston if you act as straight as possible.

And this is true. A lot of gay Boston people are kind of like Pete Buttigeg and his silly husband.

by Anonymousreply 30December 23, 2021 9:36 AM

Everyone should be out waving rainbow flags wearing a leopard print g string and a face full of makeup, drugged to the eyeballs, fucking everything in sight, fulfilling every gay stereotype known to man.

by Anonymousreply 31December 23, 2021 9:39 AM

R29 "sophisticated" is just a nice term for "pretentious"

by Anonymousreply 32December 23, 2021 2:34 PM

I wonder what their sex life is like lol

by Anonymousreply 33December 27, 2021 2:53 PM

Wait, are these the same people who your drunk friend offended with "chink" at a dinner party? The ones who you said always invite you and who offered you invaluable financial advice? Wow, I hope they learn what a shitty friend you are, dissing them all over the DL. And yeah, you do seem a bit obsessed with them.

by Anonymousreply 34December 27, 2021 3:40 PM

R34 they are. I'm jealous of their life. The other day my boss was talking about their small lake house in Vermont. How gay is that? lol

by Anonymousreply 35December 30, 2021 4:12 PM

People who use "lol" in their posts are either seniors, fraus, or mentally challenged.

by Anonymousreply 36December 30, 2021 4:19 PM

[quote] Everyone should be out waving rainbow flags wearing a leopard print g string and a face full of makeup, drugged to the eyeballs, fucking everything in sight, fulfilling every gay stereotype known to man.

YAAAASSSSS QUEEN!! Clack that fan gurl!

by Anonymousreply 37December 30, 2021 4:24 PM

^KWEEEEN

by Anonymousreply 38December 30, 2021 4:26 PM

Pescatarian , the Musical. Sometimes I wish I was a vegetarian...but then I met a man who was a Rostafarian....OHHHH MYYYY (jazz hands). Don't steal from my brilliance, you tarty sluts.

by Anonymousreply 39December 30, 2021 4:33 PM

Jesse Tyler Ferguson and his murdering partner.

by Anonymousreply 40December 30, 2021 4:36 PM

R30, Many Boston gays have moved to the suburbs. Salem is now Gay Central.

by Anonymousreply 41December 30, 2021 4:40 PM

OP, I've seen you post about this couple in multiple threads. If they're so boring, why are you obsessed with them? You sound mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 42December 30, 2021 4:59 PM

OP has also posted about them on this thread "Met a Chinese surgeon married to an American Lawyer" in which the couple in question were relative strangers to him

[quote] I met a very nice gay couple this weekend. Both were 30ish. One was a Chinese surgeon. The other was an American big firm lawyer. Both were pretty quiet and low-key. I got the impression they were out of touch with most of society and made too much money. Anyways, I got to talking and asked them bout the cultural differences. The surgeon smiled and said "well, he was not like most Americas." That is a big slap in the face to Americans lol

Note the telltale "lol"

Troll? Bored Eldergay?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 30, 2021 5:00 PM

their small lake house in Vermont. How gay is that?

hmmm, more like; how envious are you?

by Anonymousreply 44December 30, 2021 5:06 PM

Not to mention that there is nothing particularly gay about a lake house in VT.

Getting there from Houston would seem to be quite a haul though

by Anonymousreply 45December 30, 2021 5:08 PM

OP is a fucking loon obsessed with these people. Is OP even a gay male?

by Anonymousreply 46December 30, 2021 5:23 PM

"Hi, I'm obsessed with envy over the one gay couple that I know, and now I will post about them 500 times in 20 different threads in the space of a month, all vaguely disparaging them even though they sound perfectly okay to normal people, while my obvious and crippling envy for their life consumes my every post, each more vapid than the last. lol."

by Anonymousreply 47December 30, 2021 5:26 PM

He was probably friends with them and then screwed things up. After my first break up, I obsessively thought about my ex. He was tall, dark, handsome, goofy, intelligent, rich, about to go into med school. It was my fault, I screwed up an amazing relationship with an fucking prince. I have obsessed over him and those feelings of regret on and off for the past two years. My close friends and therapist got tired of hearing about it a month or so after the break up, so it has been hard for me. Other than pysch meds, I just get told to move on and stop thinking about it. I've tried getting underneath other guys to forget it, but that hasn't worked. Dating hasn't worked either. Anyways the loneliness doesn't keep me from sleeping, it's the regret and self hatred for screwing up.

by Anonymousreply 48December 30, 2021 5:48 PM

Christmas in Vermont! So Hallmark-y, love it.

by Anonymousreply 49December 30, 2021 5:55 PM

R30 Like Pete and Chasten? Do they also purchase babies and then go on pretending they didn’t use a surrogate?

by Anonymousreply 50December 30, 2021 6:22 PM

The couple is made up.

by Anonymousreply 51December 30, 2021 7:02 PM

I'd like to be in a long-term, drama-free relationship, which probably looks boring to those outside the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 52December 30, 2021 7:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!