Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My Traumatizing Years With Bryan Singer

He was 18 when he began his relationship with Singer. That’s legal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 482March 20, 2023 1:55 PM

Meh.

by Anonymousreply 1December 20, 2021 2:48 PM

[Quote] I was stick thin, wildly precocious and looked no older than 15. The textbook definition of a twink.

That is not a definition of a twink. At all.

by Anonymousreply 2December 20, 2021 2:51 PM

Why do people hide behind anonymity for this freak, Singer? Truth is power and he is not even nearly the big director he once was.

by Anonymousreply 3December 20, 2021 3:05 PM

He looks fat in the picture with a moon face and flabby arms. He must be a DLer.

by Anonymousreply 4December 20, 2021 3:05 PM

This is what he looked like at the time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 20, 2021 3:06 PM

Yes, this guy was abused psychologically and physically by an older rich guy .

Sadly it happens all the time in life, especially in the entertainment industry.

by Anonymousreply 6December 20, 2021 3:08 PM

The kid was groomed - but he was also over 18 and he himself started looking for other kids for Bryan to take advantage of and abuse. It's pretty sick, but as much as Blake was a victim - he also victimized many others. He probably only got fired because he got fat, too.

by Anonymousreply 7December 20, 2021 3:12 PM

How is Bryan Singer not in jail?

by Anonymousreply 8December 20, 2021 3:16 PM

Fuck that little bitch Blake. He knew what he was doing. Fucking cunt trying to get his 15 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 9December 20, 2021 3:20 PM

To all the gay men in this thread who are blaming the victim, we all know it's because you have a fucked up idea that sex equals validation. A lot of you are emotional cripples. And it's all because of gay culture.

by Anonymousreply 10December 20, 2021 3:24 PM

I'm not blaming the victim, but I am acknowledging that he was 18 years old and in a very abusive, seemingly consensual relationship. And that the finding other boys for Singer to abuse isn't great.

That's all I'm saying.

by Anonymousreply 11December 20, 2021 3:28 PM

Used-up whore bitter because her career went nowhere. Tale as old as time.

by Anonymousreply 12December 20, 2021 3:30 PM

Seems to me that there is no question that he was abused. But haven't we always known this of Bryan Singer?

by Anonymousreply 13December 20, 2021 3:32 PM

Does Singer know he looks like the Grinch at R7 and not some smoldering, sexy, brah?!

by Anonymousreply 14December 20, 2021 3:39 PM

Sorry at R5

by Anonymousreply 15December 20, 2021 3:40 PM

Whoring gone wrong.

by Anonymousreply 16December 20, 2021 3:47 PM

R7 Exactly. I don’t feel bad for the Karla Homolka’s of the world. They date and marry abusive men because they like it. And then play victim after.

He was 18. I’m done with people removing their accountability for being a young legal adult.

Gen Z will sympathize for him because they believe 18 is still a child. It’s not.

You can’t get groomed at 18. You can get brainwashed and sucked into an abusive relationship.

Chalk it up as to being young and stupid and grow a pair.

by Anonymousreply 17December 20, 2021 3:48 PM

"I didn’t know I was allowed to say no. "

You were 18 years old, a grown-ass man. You stayed because you were attracted to the glamour, the wealth, the fame. People used to say they were "wooed", now they claim they were "groomed".

by Anonymousreply 18December 20, 2021 3:49 PM

You were for sale and met Mr.Wrong, that's all.

Party time doesn't last forever.

by Anonymousreply 19December 20, 2021 3:53 PM

[quote] Used-up whore bitter because her career went nowhere. Tale as old as time.

Thank you, Ms Lansbury

by Anonymousreply 20December 20, 2021 3:55 PM

[quote] You were 18 years old, a grown-ass man.

Not really

by Anonymousreply 21December 20, 2021 3:56 PM

[quote] Gen Z will sympathize for him because they believe 18 is still a child. It’s not. You can’t get groomed at 18. You can get brainwashed and sucked into an abusive relationship.

You're still a child and one can be groomed at any age

by Anonymousreply 22December 20, 2021 3:56 PM

Who hurt Bryan when he was a twink? Let’s blame them too.

Sorry, but this kid is a dumbass and had no moral compass. At 18 or 16 or even 14 there is no way someone could convince me to “recruit”. Take some accountability.

by Anonymousreply 23December 20, 2021 3:57 PM

If there was ever a case that blaming the victim was justified, this is it. Your story has no weight here, Blake. You were a willing participant, flying in private jets and enjoying $1000 dinners. You won’t find sympathy from us. Maybe your fag hags will console you.

by Anonymousreply 24December 20, 2021 3:57 PM

Well it appears Bryan learned how to abuse from one of his 'mentors.'

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25December 20, 2021 3:58 PM

The writer is just saying how he was psychologically tormented by Singer. Why is everyone getting so defensive?

Singer is a pedo, an alcoholic, and a controlling boss. Let's just leave it at that.

by Anonymousreply 26December 20, 2021 4:02 PM

[quote] If there was ever a case that blaming the victim was justified, this is it. Your story has no weight here, Blake. You were a willing participant, flying in private jets and enjoying $1000 dinners. You won’t find sympathy from us.

Do you really think the power differential was equal?

by Anonymousreply 27December 20, 2021 4:04 PM

R22 No you’re not a child at 18, you’re an adult.

Grooming is a form of child abuse. Only recently has Twitter created this idea that adults are groomed. That’s not what grooming is. Call it something else - Stockholm syndrome, brainwashing, grooming is what happens to children.

by Anonymousreply 28December 20, 2021 4:05 PM

These people are desperate for money.

by Anonymousreply 29December 20, 2021 4:08 PM

"Do you really think the power differential was equal?"

No one said they had equal power. Most relationships in the world have power differentials. Remember 1950s housewives? They didn't have exactly the same power as their husbands who had jobs. Any man dating a man who has significantly more money or better looks has a "power differential" in some way. But it doesn't mean they were "grooomed".

by Anonymousreply 30December 20, 2021 4:09 PM

So Blake saw all these women claiming to be victims of powerful men, and he decided that gay boys with no education or skills should be getting paid as well. Just because you don’t want to work retail doesn’t mean you deserve a check. Get your ass to the mall. It’s your only future.

by Anonymousreply 31December 20, 2021 4:11 PM

18 to go younger = pedophile dream

by Anonymousreply 32December 20, 2021 4:17 PM

I don’t feel any sympathy for Blake, he willingly went along for the ride yet claims he was pressured or did not want to have sex but he was totally ok with recruiting others and enjoying the spoils.

by Anonymousreply 33December 20, 2021 4:19 PM

It never fails: someone details being in an abusive relationship with an older well-established Hollywood figure, and Dataloungers ALWAYS blame the abused younger nobody.

by Anonymousreply 34December 20, 2021 4:19 PM

[quote] I'm not blaming the victim, but

Uh-huh.

by Anonymousreply 35December 20, 2021 4:20 PM

R34, I don't think anyone here is saying Singer isn't pedophilic scum. They are just saying the 18 year old "victim" was a grown adult (who could choose to go to war and make other adult decisions) and wasn't a child who was "groomed". He may have been naive and foolish, but we are responsible for our own decisions as adults.

by Anonymousreply 36December 20, 2021 4:23 PM

A story endlessly told. The autobiographical novel A Room In Chelsea Square is one of the finer versions. Its Bryan Singer, who did the same tactic of pulling out the rug for misbaviour, was margarine heir and philanthropist Peter Watson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37December 20, 2021 4:28 PM

R5 He looks sooo tryhard douchey in that photo. Those intense eyes!? Famous people are absurd

by Anonymousreply 38December 20, 2021 4:30 PM

[quote] [R34], I don't think anyone here is saying Singer isn't pedophilic scum. They are just saying the 18 year old "victim" was a grown adult (who could choose to go to war and make other adult decisions) and wasn't a child who was "groomed". He may have been naive and foolish, but we are responsible for our own decisions as adults.

His age had nothing to do with his susceptibility to grooming and abuse. 18 year olds are no more mature than 15 year olds. As a society we have decided that 18 year olds can die on a battlefield so they are also fair game for sexual predators.

by Anonymousreply 39December 20, 2021 4:30 PM

[quote]As he became more erratic and under pressure during filming, I was his primary source of relief. Everything was my fault. If he didn’t get fucked last night? It was my fault. If he pissed the bed from drinking too much? Somehow, it was my fault. If he stepped in a puddle, it was my fault. Sex between us had become much less frequent which, in hindsight, was likely adding to his behavior toward me.

by Anonymousreply 40December 20, 2021 4:35 PM

[quote]How is Bryan Singer not in jail?

My guess would be because, unlike women, gay men are less likely to go to the police and file a complaint, particularly if they don't have the financial resources one might need to go against someone as rich and powerful as Singer. In the case of Kevin Spacey, Anthony Rapp, though no major star, is arguably a successful enough actor that he can fend for himself unlike a person who may not have anything.

by Anonymousreply 41December 20, 2021 4:37 PM

[quote]I don't think anyone here is saying Singer isn't pedophilic scum.

I think you'll find a lot of people prepared to say he's no such thing. Pedophilia refers to prepubescents. Singer seems to prefer teenagers, not children. A Michael Jackson he's not. But a cad? That's another matter.

by Anonymousreply 42December 20, 2021 4:38 PM

For those of you obsessing over the word "grooming" the only person who uses it in the article is Singer's lawyer.

A naive 18 year old and a 45 year old millionaire? What could've gone wrong??

by Anonymousreply 43December 20, 2021 4:41 PM

[quote]How is Bryan Singer not in jail?

Because you can't be jailed just for caddish behaviour with those of legal age. That's why the civil case against another cad, Prince Andrew, will also unfortunately fail.

by Anonymousreply 44December 20, 2021 4:42 PM

He was 18 years old. His brain was not totally developed. How can’t you see abuse coming form an older powerful man?

by Anonymousreply 45December 20, 2021 4:44 PM

[quote] He invited all of us back to his hotel suite after dinner. A legendary theater and film actor swung by as the evening grew late.

Any guesses as to who this unnamed actor was?

by Anonymousreply 46December 20, 2021 4:50 PM

The author admits he stayed and put up with the abuse, because he wanted a career in Hollywood

by Anonymousreply 47December 20, 2021 4:50 PM

[quote]He was 18 years old. His brain was not totally developed.

He was old enough to fight and die in the armed services. Being with a damaged person, while living in the lap of luxury, with an expense account and private jet travel, may be a tragedy, but it's not a criminal one. Most rich people are damaged, and a good percentage of them are bastards. If we began jailing them just for being bastards, the economy would grind to a halt.

by Anonymousreply 48December 20, 2021 4:50 PM

I think he was young, naive, flattered by the attention and maybe thought he could somehow turn this all to his advantage. Singer’s a shit.

by Anonymousreply 49December 20, 2021 4:52 PM

[quote] The author admits he stayed and put up with the abuse, because he wanted a career in Hollywood

and he also admits her received a low five-figure settlement for his time with Singer

by Anonymousreply 50December 20, 2021 4:53 PM

R42, is a pedophile who prefers 13-16.

by Anonymousreply 51December 20, 2021 4:53 PM

All whores should learn to compartmentalize their lives or they will be traumatized.

by Anonymousreply 52December 20, 2021 4:57 PM

Actually this kid seems like a total grifter. I’d love to get Singer’s side of this. I have a feeling this kid threw himself at Singer, and made even himself seem younger to get Singer’s attention. He seems like a classic, uneducated gay boy looking for an easy buck.

by Anonymousreply 53December 20, 2021 4:57 PM

I assumed it to be Serena McKellen, R46. Otherwise why mention the 'theater' actor part?

And yeah, Singer is a manipulative asshole and I'm glad his career has hit the skids. But people who earn millions in a month rarely turn out to be benevolent, selfless, well-adjusted benefactors. And the twink was clearly aware that the arrangement was transactional; if he considered himself 'precocious' at 18, then sure he'd also have the smarts to know what what the deal was. I'm sorry this shitty thing happened to them, but shitty non-criminal things happen to lots of people - at least this guy here had some material benefits from it all.

by Anonymousreply 54December 20, 2021 4:58 PM

I was naive at 18. I'm sure a lot of you bitches were too.

You can admit Singer is a predator, even if some of his antics were legal. And I'm sure plenty of them weren't.

by Anonymousreply 55December 20, 2021 5:00 PM

He doesn’t look 18 in that picture AT ALL. He looks like he’s about 13 or 14.

You pedo defenders and creeps on here are fucking disgusting. I hate it here. DL sucks.

by Anonymousreply 56December 20, 2021 5:01 PM

What's Madame Singer been up to since 2018? After Bohemian Rhapsody blew up, he went off the map, as far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 57December 20, 2021 5:02 PM

I really don’t get all the hate for Singer. Honestly he should be our gay hero. He had a wildly successful career, was A list for years, and now is sitting on a fortune he could never spend in 3 lifetimes. I say good for him.

by Anonymousreply 58December 20, 2021 5:03 PM

R56 no one is defending Singer

all we are saying is that this 18 year-old knew the score and freely admits that he stayed to further his career

by Anonymousreply 59December 20, 2021 5:03 PM

R56 - Nothing wrong with admiring youth.

by Anonymousreply 60December 20, 2021 5:03 PM

The pic of Blake in a suit and tie looks like a kid at his bar mitzvah

by Anonymousreply 61December 20, 2021 5:03 PM

[quote] I assumed it to be Serena McKellen, [R46]. Otherwise why mention the 'theater' actor part?

I had to look that name up. I had no idea Ian McKellen went bey "Serena". You may be right, but would an 18 year-old teen recognize Ian McKellen?

by Anonymousreply 62December 20, 2021 5:05 PM

and to those saying "He was just 18" - sorry if this was an female 18 year-old, being treated horribly by an older man, we would be using her age as an excuse.

by Anonymousreply 63December 20, 2021 5:06 PM

R62 was right after Lord of the Rings so probably.

by Anonymousreply 64December 20, 2021 5:06 PM

Wow, R48 actually saying we should let rich people do whatever they want because it's good for the economy.

by Anonymousreply 65December 20, 2021 5:08 PM

[quote]if this was an female 18 year-old, being treated horribly by an older man, we would be using her age as an excuse.

Yes, but women are physically and psychologically different to men (particularly when it comes to sex). Except of course, to the more crazed of trans activists.

by Anonymousreply 66December 20, 2021 5:09 PM

Isn't the unwritten rule of "younger/older" relationships that the older party should leave the younger party better off when they part?

Seems like most of the boys in Bryan's orbit ended up broken toys.

by Anonymousreply 67December 20, 2021 5:10 PM

He's ugly.

by Anonymousreply 68December 20, 2021 5:12 PM

A-hem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69December 20, 2021 5:16 PM

I hate that this happened to someone who didn’t want it because I was the opposite. I would have loved this set up. And to get 5 figures for lying around in a mansion would be my cup of tea. I realize it’s not for the faint of heart. I would have done this in a heartbeat. I was not able to find any takers, alas.

by Anonymousreply 70December 20, 2021 5:23 PM

[quote]He would text me about sex: “Boy cum yeahhhhhhhhh!”

That's the person some people on this thread are defending. And yes, by attacking this guy you are trying to defend Singer, don't play dumb.

by Anonymousreply 71December 20, 2021 5:23 PM

[quote]I really don’t get all the hate for Singer. Honestly he should be our gay hero. He had a wildly successful career, was A list for years, and now is sitting on a fortune he could never spend in 3 lifetimes.

Not when we get done with him

by Anonymousreply 72December 20, 2021 5:23 PM

R70 I agree to a certain extent but some of what Blake describes is pretty not great, regardless of being taken care of: he wasn't allowed to have friends outside of Bryan's circle, wasn't allowed to have sex without him, his life WAS Bryan. And as Bryan spiraled into alcoholism and whatever the fuck else, he was on cleanup duty,.

by Anonymousreply 73December 20, 2021 5:26 PM

Singer's sock puppets always come slithering and slinking down from the trees whenever these pedo threads surface. He's predatory pedo scum and you all know it. If you defend him it's because you're the same and somehow need to justify your disgusting behavior.

by Anonymousreply 74December 20, 2021 5:31 PM

I'm not even 40 yet and the thought of being around 18-20 year olds all the time sounds exhausting.

If I were a millionaire, I'd pay their rent, expect sex once or twice a week, and say "have fun, see you later".

by Anonymousreply 75December 20, 2021 5:32 PM

R74 - Singer has never served one day in jail. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

by Anonymousreply 76December 20, 2021 5:33 PM

R23/R33 Where in the article does it say he recruited others?

by Anonymousreply 77December 20, 2021 5:33 PM

Has Singer EVER helped even one of the hundreds of boys he scammed? Did any of them get a break in the business? He's worse than Bill Cosby. Making promises to violate vulnerable kids. What a sick fuck.

by Anonymousreply 78December 20, 2021 5:34 PM

[quote] I hate it here. DL sucks

Then LEAVE, Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 79December 20, 2021 5:45 PM

R10, Nobody here wants your armchair psychology fat frau.

by Anonymousreply 80December 20, 2021 5:48 PM

Is Singer still saying he's bisexual?

by Anonymousreply 81December 20, 2021 5:49 PM

R24 - What does eat in a $1000 dinner?

by Anonymousreply 82December 20, 2021 5:50 PM

R82 - Apparently you’ve never dined at French Laundry.

by Anonymousreply 83December 20, 2021 5:52 PM

If any DLer (at his current age) were in the 18 year old's place, he would do the exact same thing

by Anonymousreply 84December 20, 2021 5:52 PM

R28 An 18 year-old isn't quite an adult to most. Not a child necessarily, yet many teen boys at that age are not MUCH more sophisticated! Girls usually have an edge over the boys, but that's irreleant here considering Singer's appetite.

I think this is one of those strange arguments, where those who insist these are adults, lose in the end. They're teenagers. That's what they are. They're in their own category.

They still cannot drink liquor legally, cannot rent cars, or take part in many other adult privileges in society. There are certain legal contracts for work situations, wherein an 18 year-old cannot be held to as well. Many rental properties will not accept an 18 yr-old without a co-signer as well. Rights and privileges are something to ponder when one honestly questions are these two groups (adults and teenagers) the same or equal.

All of you should do yourselves a favour, and realise it is a very rare occasion where an 18 year-old is close to the maturation of an adult. It's scientific as well, as their brains are not completely formed. Carry on with "they're not children", but stop already trying to equate them to adults. It simply doesn't wash ith the majority of people who know teenagers well.

by Anonymousreply 85December 20, 2021 5:53 PM

He was not so naive. He was doing it for his career. Turns out the price was too high, so he quit.

I think he has a legitimate complaint about Singer getting him drunk for the first (?) time and having sex. But everything after was his choice.

Emotional abuse? Sure, but there’s emotional abuse in a lot of relationships. Not sure that’s a public concern.

by Anonymousreply 86December 20, 2021 5:54 PM

R85 anyone who's being truly honest with themselves admits that 18 year olds are usually not full adults. There are plenty of things you can legally do at 18 that are probably a bad idea: getting married, having children. I would slap 18 year old me in the face if I could.

by Anonymousreply 87December 20, 2021 5:55 PM

[quote]Where in the article does it say he recruited others?

It doesn't. The Singer defenders are counting on us not reading the article.

by Anonymousreply 88December 20, 2021 5:55 PM

Exactly R87. I should say I should have worded my post differently, as R28 wasn't arguing that, but rather challenging the post he quoted.

by Anonymousreply 89December 20, 2021 5:59 PM

[quote] Any guesses as to who this unnamed actor was?

Spacey.

by Anonymousreply 90December 20, 2021 5:59 PM

R4-I assume you’re referring to the one on the left. He definitely has a major MOON 🌝 face.

by Anonymousreply 91December 20, 2021 6:00 PM

R90 - The unnamed actor and Broadway legend is Hugh Jackman. He’s a well known boy fucker.

by Anonymousreply 92December 20, 2021 6:01 PM

It sounds to me like this guy was in a toxic relationship. I don’t see anything about abuse.

by Anonymousreply 93December 20, 2021 6:01 PM

That picture of him at the time is “eww”. How or why guys get off on that is beyond me. There is definitely a pedo biology. To get aroused by that is some serious damage.

by Anonymousreply 94December 20, 2021 6:02 PM

That kids looks so young in that 2009 picture.

by Anonymousreply 95December 20, 2021 6:03 PM

[quote] His age had nothing to do with his susceptibility to grooming and abuse. 18 year olds are no more mature than 15 year olds.

Oh for God's sake, yes they are. Or at least I was, and everyone that age I've known have been.

[quote] but would an 18 year-old teen recognize Ian McKellen?

Why are you guys pretending like the kid was some mentally challenged toddler? He certainly looked young but he was 18. Remember what you were like at that age? Were you blue-eyed and innocent? In reality most kids at that point have had active sex life for years and have probably been actively using alcohol as well.

BTW, calling Singer a pedo is misuse of the word and unfortunately makes the real pedos look better since people start associating pedophilia with having sex with older teenagers. The correct term for Singer's attraction seems to be ephebophilia [the primary sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19].

Is Singer a creep? Yes. Was the boy forced into a relationship with him? No. Was he abused? No idea but it sounds like he wasn't in the sense of a spouse abuser or Marilyn Manson.

I have defended Singer here before and I still am. Yes I'm fully aware what he is and if he's broken the law he should face consequences for it. But having sex with 18 year olds in itself isn't illegal.

I myself moved out to live on my own when I was 17 when I went to study in another city. I lived and studied with kids my age and as young as 15. I do remember that hardly anyone was dangerously naive at that age anymore, and at 18 we most definitely were young adults. Sure people are different and I'm sure kids these days might develop slower mentally. But if this guy started dating an older man at 18 he most definitely knew what he was doing. And judging by Singer's reputation he probably knew fully well what he was getting into.

by Anonymousreply 96December 20, 2021 6:07 PM

R73 that would be a picnic compared to the bosses I’ve had. And still never got 5 figures on one check.

by Anonymousreply 97December 20, 2021 6:08 PM

between Singer and Spacey, the Usual Suspects must've been a real playground

by Anonymousreply 98December 20, 2021 6:08 PM

Bryan Singer has weird ugly weasel-eyes like a psycho.

by Anonymousreply 99December 20, 2021 6:10 PM

I feel bad for him but he is not some innocent bystander. I think he’s rewriting history here in my opinion but that doesn’t mean that BS is not a disgusting sicko. I think there’s plenty of evidence of that.

by Anonymousreply 100December 20, 2021 6:11 PM

The point is - and it has nothing to do with compassion, or lack of it - an 18 year old is a consenting adult. At some point, one has to be deemed a consenting adult. This means it is on that person to consent or not. Many adults have been in abusive relationships. It's not good, or right, no one is saying it is, and no one thinks Singer wasn't abusive. The point is, once you're considered adult, it's up to you to take the responsibility for your sex/relationship decisions. As for the brain not being fully formed, until age 25, can you imagine the legal mess if the age of consent was 25? So everyone under that age would be considered a minor? And someone age 24 could claim statutory rape or child abuse? Or would need parental consent to marry? Stop the madness.

by Anonymousreply 101December 20, 2021 6:11 PM

"Boy cum yeahhhhhh!"

by Anonymousreply 102December 20, 2021 6:17 PM

Sorry, you know this stuff five minutes after you get off the bus. Nobody is that naive.

by Anonymousreply 103December 20, 2021 6:17 PM

Especially social media types. These people are not sheltered like they were in 1950.

They have seen and done it all by a young age. In fact, older people are the naive ones who think younger people today don’t already have it all figured out.

by Anonymousreply 104December 20, 2021 6:27 PM

Off topic….this tale is the hot topic of the entertainment business. I’ve had over two dozen calls wanting to dish on this. The sushi and avocado wireless is all abuzz. This story will be bouncing around up here for weeks.

by Anonymousreply 105December 20, 2021 6:29 PM

R104 um...you know this story started in 2009, right? Instagram wasn't even launched yet.

by Anonymousreply 106December 20, 2021 6:33 PM

He got a 5 figure payout

Is that like 10k or 99k ?

Big difference

by Anonymousreply 107December 20, 2021 6:45 PM

Mental abuse is traumatizing.

I support Blake Stuerman all the way.

by Anonymousreply 108December 20, 2021 6:47 PM

R107 it's described as "low five figure"

Probably less than 20.

by Anonymousreply 109December 20, 2021 6:47 PM

R63 No, misogynists and so-called feminists would be using her age as an excuse.

The problem is gay men like this guy want to remove the accountability and responsibility we excuse women from (because society still treats women like children) so they can get pity parties and civil lawsuits in this #MeToo era.

And Bryan Singer is a piece of shit and I’m 100% sure anyone he associates with is too.

by Anonymousreply 110December 20, 2021 6:48 PM

R85 18 year old girls don’t have an edge over 18 year old boys, they just think they do. Women are financially less responsible than men. I work in the beauty industry, we sell $12 cuticle exfoliating cream amongst other bullshit. Don’t tell me women have more of a head on their shoulders than men.

by Anonymousreply 111December 20, 2021 6:48 PM

I think this is very nice story.

by Anonymousreply 112December 20, 2021 6:52 PM

So many cunts in this thread - an emotionally immature and vulnerable 18 year old with limited experience of relationships is the perfect target for grooming by a predator like Singer.

Most straight kids start to navigate their way through relationships in high school and learn social mores but with gay kids it's different.

And for predators like Singer, they groom the vulnerable kids, give them the world on a plate and then threaten to take it away if they don't get what they want. It's coercive control. There's been threads on another very wealthy man who always has a small army of Instahos to take on yacht trips. They get invited into a life of luxury and then slowly get frozen out if they start to say no to demands for sex.

I'm glad that so many men posting on this thread have never been in an abusive relationship but I've seen countless men and women who experienced it in their teens. This kid was a victim. Singer was a predator.

And as for the movie star who popped by, in the mid to late 00s a friend in London told me a story about how Ian McKellen's new PA had been struggling to find young blond rent boys in London that Ian hadn't yet fucked. Horrible man.

by Anonymousreply 113December 20, 2021 6:58 PM

R111 I simply meant the girls are usually more sophisticated and mature at thos age. That's been my experience. I've coached teen boys and girls, and there is a difference.

by Anonymousreply 114December 20, 2021 7:03 PM

[quote]BTW, calling Singer a pedo is misuse of the word and unfortunately makes the real pedos look better since people start associating pedophilia with having sex with older teenagers. The correct term for Singer's attraction seems to be ephebophilia [the primary sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19].

Found the pedo

by Anonymousreply 115December 20, 2021 7:03 PM

[R74], it's taken me a long time to figure this out, but I'm now reasonably sure there are sock puppets all over the place who are employed by anyone with a public profile, or their sycophantic minions. They're paid to, among other things, go onto sites wh. review something their employer has done, and give it five stars.

Or the opposite. If their employer has had a book written about them that contains the least little bit of criticism that's not fawning praise, they go to the review sites and give it one star. Just look at reviews of one star and you can see the crap grammar.

by Anonymousreply 116December 20, 2021 7:04 PM

[quote]I'm glad that so many men posting on this thread have never been in an abusive relationship

Oh I think it's clear quite a few posters in this thread have been in abusive relationships, but as the abuser. Why do you think they're so quick to blame the victim?

by Anonymousreply 117December 20, 2021 7:05 PM

1. I've hung out with Singer. He's a total creep who I hope gets thrown in jail. I don't care what for. He's that gross. Just as a person. Just gross.

2. But he ALWAYS dates guys over 18. He's borderline paranoid about that. He's very above board about what he wants. He's not a groomer at all. He's a flat out tell it like it guy. There's no cloak and dagger shit going on. He promises money and access. The young man promises to look young. Tale as old as time.

3. We were all 18 once. Older, rich men were an allure to many of us. That doesn't make this guy a victim. It makes him a bit stupid. As we all were. Move the fuck on with you life and don't wallow in a forced victimhood.

4. Frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if Singer has sock puppet accounts, btw.

by Anonymousreply 118December 20, 2021 7:05 PM

This is the face of pure evil. This man has no soul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119December 20, 2021 7:20 PM

Most of us here would do the same as Singer if we had his power.

by Anonymousreply 120December 20, 2021 7:25 PM

[quote] Found the pedo

If sex with an 18 yo is pedophilia in your eyes then there's nothing I can say. You're just diluting the term making real pedophiles who have sex with children look better. Who's the pedo here?

by Anonymousreply 121December 20, 2021 7:25 PM

He was traumatized. He’s just relaying his story.

I’m baffled when people yell: “It’s your fault!”

Anyone who thinks they have the job of their dreams would have stuck it out as long as they could too

by Anonymousreply 122December 20, 2021 7:28 PM

The kid was savvy enough to move to NYC and get a job in scenic design, so he was hardly some doe-eyed country mouse.

Also, the age of consent at that time was 17.

Plus, this is an old story. This guy was going to write a book and never did. The only reason they keep rehashing and repackaging these stale old allegations is because it is clickbait for ad revenue! EVERYBODY loves to read about teen boys being sexually molested! It's pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 123December 20, 2021 7:29 PM

As has been stated countless times, pedophilia is the sexual attraction of an adult to a PREPUBESCENT child. Bryan Singer is an ephebophile, someone who is sexually attracted to mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19, aka a classic chicken hawk.

by Anonymousreply 124December 20, 2021 7:29 PM

The irony with this kid crying “me too” is that he might have had a chance if he had kept his big mouth shut. Now, no one will work with him. They wouldn’t touch his damaged “cry wolf” ass with a ten foot pole. He’s a liability.

by Anonymousreply 125December 20, 2021 7:31 PM

[quote]Most of us here would do the same as Singer if we had his power.

No, they wouldn't.

Most people don't enjoy making someone unhappy through coercive control to boost their own self worth.

by Anonymousreply 126December 20, 2021 7:32 PM

From the article;

[quote]It turns out addiction, severe depression, PTSD and anxiety are all very common among those of us who experienced Bryan’s wrath.

Yes, Blake was an adult, but Singer is clearly a psychopath, and an absolutely raging cunt, and definitely a predator. Maybe not a pedo, but still a piece of shit

Predators can, and often do, attack adults.

R120 no I fucking wouldnt. I prefer to build people up, validate them, comfort them..... you know, like love them, that kinda thing. I'd only enjoy power if I could use it to do good for others, not rage at them angrily like some psychopathic cunt

by Anonymousreply 127December 20, 2021 7:43 PM

An established 45 year old millionaire dangling money and opportunity in an extremely selective artistic field in front of an 18 year old kid is an abuse of age and power. Sorry to those saying “But he was 18 and of legal age!” I mean, come on. And I agree with the poster above wondering how he had the patience for it. Hanging out with 13-20 year olds all day every day? Thats some serious arrested development, even if you are fucking them.

by Anonymousreply 128December 20, 2021 7:47 PM

"And for predators like Singer, they groom the vulnerable kids, give them the world on a plate and then threaten to take it away if they don't get what they want. It's coercive control. There's been threads on another very wealthy man who always has a small army of Instahos to take on yacht trips. They get invited into a life of luxury and then slowly get frozen out if they start to say no to demands for sex."

So you're saying that in a transactional relationship with a creepy older guy, if you stop putting out, he'll stop lavishing money and the high life on you? Shocking, I tell you. Next thing you know, you'll tell me that if Melania Trump stops putting out and puts on 75 pounds, Trump will leave her.

by Anonymousreply 129December 20, 2021 7:49 PM

[quote] I’m baffled when people yell: “It’s your fault!”

No one is saying "It is his fault" nor are people defending Bryan Singer

What people are saying is that he admitted that he chose to stay, all to further his career, and accepted a five-figure payout for services rendered.

by Anonymousreply 130December 20, 2021 7:51 PM

Speaking of victims, here is a fun story about Anthony Rapp.

My cousin was an intern at the Letterman show in the mid-2000s. One of her fellow interns was some beautiful midwestern kid who was in college but looked quite young. Anthony Rapp was backstage because his friend Andy Dick was a guest on the show. Cousin was backstage with the other intern and she watched Anthony Rapp point to the kid and say "that one" to Andy Dick. The kid apparently left with them that night. He never returned to the internship - no one knew what happened - he apparently quit a few days later and moved back to wherever he was from.

by Anonymousreply 131December 20, 2021 7:51 PM

[quote]So you're saying that in a transactional relationship with a creepy older guy, if you stop putting out, he'll stop lavishing money and the high life on you? Shocking, I tell you. Next thing you know, you'll tell me that if Melania Trump stops putting out and puts on 75 pounds, Trump will leave her.

The kid in this story wasn't in a transactional relationship, he was in an abusive coercive relationship.

If Trump kept telling Melania that he would destroy her life and leave her destitute if she stops having sex or puts on weight, then yes, she was in a coercive and abusive relationship as well. Countless women are given those threats to make them stay in abusive relationships. And a lot of men in gay relationships with older men.

by Anonymousreply 132December 20, 2021 7:55 PM

Did he include his Venmo username in the piece?

by Anonymousreply 133December 20, 2021 7:57 PM

when you are in an abusive relationship, it is because you have low self-esteem and you basically have no self-worth, as you think no one will love you, and your abuser is the only one who will love you, You are afraid of being alone.

This is NOT The case in this situation. Yes, Singer is a prick and abusive. But the author admitted that he only stayed to further his career and put up with abuse because of it

Now if he had said he really LOVED Singer from day one, and being with him was NOT about furthering his career, but because he loved him. That would be different and he could claim being in an abusive relationship. In his entire story he never once said "I loved him, that why I stayed" - all he says is "I was worried about my career"

The fact that he said Singer was abusive, but he put up with it for his career, he can't claim to be the victim,

by Anonymousreply 134December 20, 2021 7:58 PM

R131, what’s your point?

by Anonymousreply 135December 20, 2021 7:58 PM

Singer looks so reptian, his eyes never blink. Maybe he eats young boys like that Diana bitch from V ate rats.

Ironically, Marc Singer is his cousin. I wonder if he knew about Bryan's personal abuse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136December 20, 2021 7:58 PM

The Left really loves to reward self-victimization.

by Anonymousreply 137December 20, 2021 7:59 PM

[quote] An established 45 year old millionaire dangling money and opportunity in an extremely selective artistic field in front of an 18 year old kid is an abuse of age and power.

No, it isn’t, retard. Take some fucking responsibility for once, asshat. This isn’t a kid either. He chose to do what he did. He used Singer and now that he’s fat, ugly, and old, he’s looking for another payout via his “I’m a victim, give me money” story.

by Anonymousreply 138December 20, 2021 8:01 PM

[quote] The kid in this story wasn't in a transactional relationship, he was in an abusive coercive relationship.

Bullshit. He was in it because he wanted to work in the film industry.

by Anonymousreply 139December 20, 2021 8:01 PM

I have to remind myself, when I was 17 (and looked 14), I started a sexual relationship with my boss, whom I was insanely "in lust" with. I came on to him, but let him "seduce" me, when in actuality I was a gay little Lolita who just wanted to play with his massive hard dick. I was still in high school, but I knew exactly what I was doing and what I wanted. The guy never fucked me, but who knows what could've happened. It ended when he realized I was 17 and he fired me. Prick.

by Anonymousreply 140December 20, 2021 8:07 PM

Bottom line: no good can come come from fucking around with teenagers... unless you're a teenager.

I don't see this as a right or left issue R137. I think it was stated several times that this boy "wanted to feel special"... etc. I think he was actually naïve enough to have believed in the beginning that he would be Singer's boyfriend, not "one of the many boys" That seems realistic to me. I think this lad was victimised in several different ways.

Such cases don't have to be entirely black or white, and we don't need to say he deserved it all. We can still have empathy for someone so young, and still question their responsibility, motives, etc. No one should be letting Singer off the hook no matter what.

R136 I agree, and he ALWAYS looks like that when he looks into the camera. I'm not a Christian, but he looks demonic.

by Anonymousreply 141December 20, 2021 8:13 PM

Tell us about his massive hard dick R140. Did you get to play with it?

by Anonymousreply 142December 20, 2021 8:13 PM

R138 Okay, say they were in a transactional relationship and he did know what was going on. Bryan deserves to be put on blast for not holding up his end of the deal. You want my young ass and my youth? Put your money where your mouth is. Since you didn’t? Fuck you, pay me.

by Anonymousreply 143December 20, 2021 8:19 PM

R138 Bryan strung this kid along knowing he was never going to give him the career he promised. Sorry. Thats abusive.

by Anonymousreply 144December 20, 2021 8:21 PM

r142 He was an italian bodybuilder. It was veiny and huge. It would get super rock hard when he got erect, too. He would wear tight polyester stretchy pants that would cling to his dick and balls and you could make out the head and balls. He drove me fucking crazy with those pants. Since this was the mid-80s, I think the pants were left-overs from the 70s. He was gorgeous and just wanted to blow me while he jacked off. The thing is, he would insist I keep on my work dress shirt and tie while he got completely naked. Since I looked so young, this was suspiciously "pedo-ish" to me, at the time, but I didn't care. I felt like I was using him, so it was win/win.

by Anonymousreply 145December 20, 2021 8:28 PM

[quote] I've hung out with Singer. He's a total creep who I hope gets thrown in jail.

But you hung out with him, R118, so it must have been fun or something?

by Anonymousreply 146December 20, 2021 8:29 PM

Bryans eyes looked pinned.

by Anonymousreply 147December 20, 2021 8:35 PM

[quote] when I was 17 (and looked 14), I started a sexual relationship with my boss.... It ended when he realized I was 17 and he fired me.

Not sure I understand why he fired you upon realizing you were 17. He was okay with you working for him at "14" but not 17?

by Anonymousreply 148December 20, 2021 8:36 PM

No. I was 17 and looked young for my age. A late bloomer. And when he fired me, I had just turned 18 but never got the chance to explain that to him. He transferred to another store and I never saw him again!!! I was ready to go "Fatal Attraction" on his ass just to get some more of that head!

by Anonymousreply 149December 20, 2021 8:45 PM

I had a bad time with a bad guy decades ago. I don’t “blame” myself for it per se, just accept that I was too young and stupid to spot the red flags. Nor do I blame him, really; it’s like blaming the proverbial scorpion. I got over it eventually.

by Anonymousreply 150December 20, 2021 8:46 PM

R146, it wasn't especially fun or different than any other time I went out drinking. Just a few nights out with Singer and a good friend of mine, who was a good friend of Singer's.

I'm not an actor, was young at the time - but looked like an actual grown man, and had no interest in Singer (nor did he in me). But he was uncomfortable to be around. Shy, awkward and just plain creepy. Hard to explain. But he definitely used my friend (a twinkie type for sure) to procure other young men for threesomes. Not my thing, not my vibe. But again, if a young man was invited to Singer's? They knew exactly what was happening. And why it was happening. My friend would explain the situation in plain speak.

I went to a couple of his pool parties too - which were downright disgusting. Boys in the pool, lecherous daddies watching on the deck.

But I was into drugs back then and coke was everywhere. So, you know. Go where the free drugs are!

by Anonymousreply 151December 20, 2021 8:52 PM

I stopped reading after "He checked my ID to confirm that I was 18."

I'm sorry, but anything after that is on him.

by Anonymousreply 152December 20, 2021 8:53 PM

The issue I've noticed is Americans can't accept that teenagers are neither children nor adults. They are adolescents. Once you sexually develop and become conscious of the world at age. You have accountability and autonomy and definitely understand right from wrong. You just have the raging hormones which make you impulsive and the lack of world experience which results in making mistakes. But part of maturing is learning from your mistakes and becoming more empathetic and responsible. The idea that teenagers are children in adult bodies is idiotic and disrespectful as it implies they are mentally retarded. Teens act like babies simply because adults treat them like babies and will reward infantile behavior.

by Anonymousreply 153December 20, 2021 8:55 PM

"adults treat them like babies and will reward infantile behavior."

Exactly, R153, just like they are doing throughout this thread.

by Anonymousreply 154December 20, 2021 8:57 PM

A teen working many jobs to support themselves or part of a large family with tons of younger siblings will certainly be more mature than a spoiled rich middle aged adult who never had to work. Maturity comes from experience and struggle. The brain is flexible and while it's true that the cortex reaches full development at 25. Teens have shown to be capable of driving, working jobs and even being capable caretakers far before that. I've met middle schoolers with more maturity and compassion than middle aged adults.

by Anonymousreply 155December 20, 2021 9:02 PM

Everyone’s a victim! Everyone’s a victim!

by Anonymousreply 156December 20, 2021 9:05 PM

I’ve seen people this age do a lot of damage and then suddenly act innocent (“I was young, naive) and it got them out of so much trouble. They should have had to pay restitution for all they did. Got off scot free.

It sounds to me like both of them were willing participants until the deal wasn’t worth it anymore. Nobody is questionIng Singer’s pervert status. But I don’t buy into to the whole one sided argument. That the kid is not also guilty. It takes two to tango.

by Anonymousreply 157December 20, 2021 9:14 PM

I've had a few casual relationships with college age guys (I'm in my 30s). I don't isolate them or make them dependent on me. I try to give them advice I wish I'd been given at their age (how to build up credit, learning how to budget, etc).

I was a smart kid, but I admit I did a lot of dumb stuff when I was that age, stuff I only learned from because of time & experience. No one gets a magical guide on their 18th birthday. Most of us make dumb mistakes as we figure out life.

by Anonymousreply 158December 20, 2021 9:23 PM

Yeah but you live, you learn and ,move on -- or we used to. Now it's live, learn and snitch to the press. Pussy Nation.

by Anonymousreply 159December 20, 2021 9:26 PM

[quote] mentally retarded

Don't use that term, it wounds.

by Anonymousreply 160December 20, 2021 9:27 PM

You can join the army at 18 and get your arms and legs blown off. Getting fucked by Bryan Singer might sound like combat but sorrrrreeeeeee you're an adult, Sonny.

by Anonymousreply 161December 20, 2021 9:28 PM

R161 that's not the stellar argument you think it is...

by Anonymousreply 162December 20, 2021 9:32 PM

From Twinkie, to Ho-Ho, and now a Ding Dong.

He should get a job shilling Hostess products.

by Anonymousreply 163December 20, 2021 9:36 PM

What a wimp. Do we gays really want to be looked at like sad little girls? Puke.

by Anonymousreply 164December 20, 2021 9:39 PM

Do we really want gays to be seen as overgrown babies who, well into their 40s, can only hang out with guys that cant rent a car?

by Anonymousreply 165December 20, 2021 9:44 PM

Most men are visual and more horny than women. Most people look their best in their late teens to early 30s. Hence both straight and gay men will chase after younger people for sex. There are emotionally immature straight and gay men who chose to hang out with and only date young people. But gay men unlike straight men have a far more narrow dating pool and fewer options. I've noticed gay couples are more likely to have age gaps and also be interracial compared to straight. If a gay man falls for a younger man and the other reciprocates. I don't think it's creepy. A lot of times it just happens and it's not always exploitative. Teen boys are stubborn and more independent in mindset. They aren't little boys who are naive and easily molded. Once the testosterone kicks in, they can't be told to do anything and will act as they please.

by Anonymousreply 166December 20, 2021 9:59 PM

Is Bryan Singer or the poster who makes a comment in every thread about Bryan Singer more disturbing?

by Anonymousreply 167December 20, 2021 10:07 PM

I have no problem with a grown man in his 40s being interested in guys 18 or so. But when the 18 year olds all look like they're 13-15 that sends up red flags all over the place. IMO if a man goes for 18 year old guys who look 14 then he'd go after a real 14 year old if he thought he could get away with it. The only reason Singer doesn't go after boys who are underage is because of his fear of incarceration.

by Anonymousreply 168December 20, 2021 10:08 PM

I tried doing this at 19. A sugar daddy who was all over me and wanted to give me stuff. I couldn’t do it for more than a month, I felt disgusting - and saw him as pathetic for effectively paying me to be with him. Maybe it was self esteem. But it felt more like just “eww”. Kids who are willing to do this - make or female - have issues already.

by Anonymousreply 169December 20, 2021 10:09 PM

It seems like people are hammering home the fact that he was 18 so they don't have to talk about how crazy Bryan Singer is. God forbid you cunts feel sorry for another person.

by Anonymousreply 170December 20, 2021 10:39 PM

[quote] Most people look their best in their late teens to early 30s.

Not true for men, R166. The age range would usually be mid-twenties to early 40's.

by Anonymousreply 171December 20, 2021 10:48 PM

R171 - it’s subjective. For me, men are their most attractive from 18-35.

by Anonymousreply 172December 20, 2021 10:50 PM

R171 Men only look good at that age if they maintain their appearances and have good genetics. A lot of times people use celebrity men as an example. Celebrity men are already blessed with good genes and they also have money, work out, eat well and afford good skincare and wear makeup. But most average middle aged men in America look like shit, they gain weight, get bald and dress slobbish.

by Anonymousreply 173December 20, 2021 10:51 PM

A lot of us are men who were teenage boys. We understand that teen boy psychology. Can they be manipulated? Sure but they are also old enough to understand the risks of purposely going with an older man especially if they are doing it for monetary gains. Singer is a creep who abused young boys like Brad Renfro but he had plenty of older teen boys who were willing participants and used Singer for money and career advancement. People conflate those who purposely use the casting couch vs those who actually get raped and molested (like from drugs and alcohol or blackmail).

by Anonymousreply 174December 20, 2021 10:54 PM

[quote] It seems like people are hammering home the fact that he was 18 so they don't have to talk about how crazy Bryan Singer is. God forbid you cunts feel sorry for another person.

I’m sure spending YEARS with Brian Singer was very trying.

How’s that?

by Anonymousreply 175December 20, 2021 10:55 PM

Singer has a thing for downies?

by Anonymousreply 176December 20, 2021 10:58 PM

R174, apart from the whole “casting couch” thing being corrupt, Singer’s conduct was ugly and abusive.

by Anonymousreply 177December 20, 2021 11:01 PM

There are some fucking evil people in this thread (see r58). You make me ashamed to be gay. Maybe we are degenerates after all.

by Anonymousreply 178December 20, 2021 11:05 PM

My god am I the only one here who likes and respects Bryan Singer? “The X Men” and “The Usual Suspects” for god sakes; he’s a goddam legendary genius! These are movies that will still be watched in 100 years. So what if he fucked some white trash boys? (all were over 18) Straight men in Hollywood don’t do the same with disposable young women? Come on! All of these “victims” knew what they were doing, and probably did it with many other men in power. It was transactional.

by Anonymousreply 179December 20, 2021 11:07 PM

What's truly scary is that he has a 6 year old son.

by Anonymousreply 180December 20, 2021 11:08 PM

R179, yes, you are the only one

Yes, he is a terrific director/producer etc, maybe a genius.

He is also an angry psychopathic cunt, at which point all respect evaporates from me.

Nobody has the right to be raging at everyone around them in a permanent state of anger, but especially when you have that sort of money/ resources

R180 poor bloody kid, I hope child protective services get involved

by Anonymousreply 181December 20, 2021 11:15 PM

I don't get why people complain about teens and college aged people acting immature, stupid, irresponsible and getting taken advantage of. If we don't give them responsibilities, hold them a higher standard of behavior and educate them on how to be an adult and to be wary of things. Then what is to be expected? We live in a society that infantilizes everything, we prefer to keep young people ignorant and unaccountable for anything which of course allows them to be exploited and to act out. Teenagers are not idiots, they are intelligent and understand ethics. They only get into trouble because they aren't given more freedom to make decisions and proper education on how society works. Many teens are aware of this and purposely rebel and act out because society is less harsh and parents will bail them out.

by Anonymousreply 182December 20, 2021 11:20 PM

Regardless of whether the younger guy got career opportunities out of this, he was mentally abused by a raging narcissist.

Unless you've gone through something like that, you have no idea how devastating that is.

The guy didn't deserve this at all.

by Anonymousreply 183December 20, 2021 11:21 PM

[quote] You make me ashamed to be gay. Maybe we are degenerates after all.

One gay person's opinion should not make you ashamed of your sexuality. You realize the only thing gay men have in common is liking men? We are individuals with different opinions and backgrounds. Singer is disgusting and a total asshole but the idea that every gay kid involved with him was an innocent angel is also false. Adults should not go after teens but I find it ridiculous that older teens (16 and up) aren't old enough to understand that it's a bad idea.

by Anonymousreply 184December 20, 2021 11:27 PM

R119 = Daddy!

by Anonymousreply 185December 20, 2021 11:28 PM

R184 who said every guy is an angel? On the flip side, who says every young guy "knows the score"?

Regardless, someone with 25+ years more life experience and millions of dollars to spend is vastly advantaged in a relationship with a young guy who can't even afford cabs (per the article)?

by Anonymousreply 186December 20, 2021 11:32 PM

It sounds like the guy had mental issues prior to meeting Singer. I'm curious if he came from an abusive home or had issues with his sexuality. Because anyone with a brain and self esteem would have just left Singer. He was working and living in New York prior to meeting Singer, so likely he came from a family with money to afford that.

by Anonymousreply 187December 20, 2021 11:37 PM

In 2009. Was it cheap to sublet in NYC? Was his family well off or was he cut off? I'm curious more about his background. How did he get his job?

by Anonymousreply 188December 20, 2021 11:42 PM

Wait, am I reading this right? Singer couldn't get his own party shut down? The twink had to "beg" the other guests to call it a night?

by Anonymousreply 189December 20, 2021 11:48 PM

[quote]I was subletting a small room in an apartment on the Upper West Side. I took the subway everywhere. I couldn’t afford to take a cab even just a few blocks.

[quote]Variety corroborated parts of Stuerman’s account of his life with Singer through documents, photographs, emails and text messages provided by Stuerman, and by speaking with people in Stuerman’s and Singer’s orbits at the time of these events. In total, Variety interviewed 20 people for this story, 18 of whom spoke with Variety under an agreement of anonymity in order to protect their positions within the industry or out of concern of reprisals from Singer — as well as Stuerman’s parents. Stuerman’s allegation of assault was corroborated by someone who was present for it.

by Anonymousreply 190December 20, 2021 11:50 PM

[quote]IMO if a man goes for 18 year old guys who look 14 then he'd go after a real 14 year old if he thought he could get away with it.

Yes, in YOUR opinion. But I disagree with you. I, for one, am very much turned on by adult men who look much younger. But I would NEVER in a million years (and I'm getting up there close to that million years) ever mess around, have sex or be inappropriate with an underaged teenager, EVER. But if he's 24 and he looks 16 - I thinks that's hot. Don't give me the 'if tempted and thought I could get away with it' argument, because those [I don't even want to call them opportunities] have presented themselves, and I've never had a 'weak' moment, in the slightest.

Maybe it's a fetish - but no more depraved than feet, or rimming, or whatever a lot of you guys are into. What turns me on is my business - as long as it doesn't harm or abuse or jeopardize anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 191December 20, 2021 11:54 PM

[quote] It sounds to me like this guy was in a toxic relationship. I don’t see anything about abuse.

Obviously then you didn't actually read the article.

Here:

[quote] I could never have predicted what came next, it all happened so fast. I heard loud yelling coming toward me. When I turned, I saw Bryan charging toward us screaming very angrily. He violently attacked one of the guests near me. I grabbed Bryan and took him back into the house. His eyes were wild and full of rage. I had never seen him like this before. We went to his room and he slammed the door. I found a shattered lamp on the floor and began picking up the pieces.

[quote]“I’ll fucking kill you if you leave me.” Those were his exact words. I had never witnessed or experienced physical violence before meeting Bryan.

and

[quote] During production on “X-Men: Days of Future Past” in spring 2013 in Montreal, the mental and emotional abuse from Bryan would frequently trigger panic attacks.

by Anonymousreply 192December 20, 2021 11:57 PM

I wonder how many twinks whom Singer promised to help break into Hollywood ended up in another kind of film career instead ... porn. His friendship with Helix Studios owner Keith Miller is well documented. Some Helix models are known to have attended Singer's parties. I wonder if it works the other way around as well.

by Anonymousreply 193December 20, 2021 11:58 PM

r9 is certainly a real prize.

Check out all of his posts on this thread:

[quote] Fuck that little bitch Blake. He knew what he was doing. Fucking cunt trying to get his 15 minutes.

[quote]If there was ever a case that blaming the victim was justified, this is it. Your story has no weight here, Blake. You were a willing participant, flying in private jets and enjoying $1000 dinners. You won’t find sympathy from us. Maybe your fag hags will console you.

[quote]So Blake saw all these women claiming to be victims of powerful men, and he decided that gay boys with no education or skills should be getting paid as well. Just because you don’t want to work retail doesn’t mean you deserve a check. Get your ass to the mall. It’s your only future.

[quote]Actually this kid seems like a total grifter. I’d love to get Singer’s side of this. I have a feeling this kid threw himself at Singer, and made even himself seem younger to get Singer’s attention. He seems like a classic, uneducated gay boy looking for an easy buck.

[quote]I really don’t get all the hate for Singer. Honestly he should be our gay hero. He had a wildly successful career, was A list for years, and now is sitting on a fortune he could never spend in 3 lifetimes. I say good for him.

[quote]R56 - Nothing wrong with admiring youth.

[quote]R74 - Singer has never served one day in jail. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

[quote]R82 - Apparently you’ve never dined at French Laundry.

[quote]R90 - The unnamed actor and Broadway legend is Hugh Jackman. He’s a well known boy fucker.

[quote]The irony with this kid crying “me too” is that he might have had a chance if he had kept his big mouth shut. Now, no one will work with him. They wouldn’t touch his damaged “cry wolf” ass with a ten foot pole. He’s a liability. My Traumatizing Years With Bryan Singer

[quote]R171 - it’s subjective. For me, men are their most attractive from 18-35.

[quote]My god am I the only one here who likes and respects Bryan Singer? “The X Men” and “The Usual Suspects” for god sakes; he’s a goddam legendary genius! These are movies that will still be watched in 100 years. So what if he fucked some white trash boys? (all were over 18) Straight men in Hollywood don’t do the same with disposable young women? Come on! All of these “victims” knew what they were doing, and probably did it with many other men in power. It was transactional.

by Anonymousreply 194December 21, 2021 12:03 AM

I don't agree with R9's posts, but your reposting them all, R194, is much more disturbing. Are you stalking him or something?

by Anonymousreply 195December 21, 2021 12:07 AM

R195, I actually appreciate when someone does this and you can see a single pattern as opposed to a whole bunch of people.

by Anonymousreply 196December 21, 2021 12:20 AM

[quote]What's truly scary is that he has a 6 year old son.

It took 180 posts for someone to finally mention this. Truly frightening. Michele Clunie is Helen Keller level clueless for agreeing to incubate a kid for this pedo creep. He must have paid her a fortune.

by Anonymousreply 197December 21, 2021 12:25 AM

Damn, R194, put all together thataways its real damning. God help his partner if he has one, or even his hookups

R191 I agree, even if a guy has a youngish looking body (i.e. slim and smooth) that's more than enough for me. And if I'm approached by a guy who I even suspect might be close to being underage, I ask questions that reveal age (like do you have a car, reveals if they are old enough to have a drivers license). I never do the approaching unless a guy looks close to my age.

Was chatted up by an alarmingly young looking twink once many years back, was immensely relieved to discover that he had an HGV license (heavy goods vehicle, i.e 18 wheeler)

by Anonymousreply 198December 21, 2021 12:27 AM

What's Singer been up to since Bohemian Rhapsody exploded? Sitting at home supervising the nanny?

by Anonymousreply 199December 21, 2021 12:28 AM

Does this sick fuck have the respect of anyone in Hollywood at this point? Or is he a pariah? I can't imagine anyone except desperate D listers wanting to be around him.

by Anonymousreply 200December 21, 2021 12:35 AM

His movies were never all that to me. While X-Men has it's nostalgia factor, revived the superhero movies, had great performances,a gay and minority allegory that resonates and cute guys. Most of the series was uneven and poorly written and many roles were miscast. It was not faithful to the comics either.

by Anonymousreply 201December 21, 2021 12:38 AM

I have a lot to say on the matter.

First, I met my husband when I was 18 who looked 13) and he was 40. We are still together, I love him, and I’m now 47.

Second, the story in the OP is missing something. He doesn’t talk at all about how sexually attracted to Bryan he was. Because he wasn’t. He was using his young looks to break into the business and was carded by Bryan before the relationship went further.

Third, here’s my Bryan story. When I was almost 26 (and looked 16), I was in a show on Broadway. Gary picked me up on opening night. He was offering to be my manager but it was obvious to me he wanted me sexually. I wasn’t interested but I let him fly me out on my day off and take me to a basketball game I wanted to see. While in LA, he took me to some X Men reshoots. I got to meet Halle Berry and was introduced to Bryan.. I wasn’t attracted to Bryan and I guess he wasn’t interested in me. I guess I wasn’t as pretty as I thought. Or maybe I was too old. Or maybe it’s because I was already successful and didn’t need him. 5 years later, I booked a TV show. I emailed him with the news and he didn’t respond.

I’ve been emotionally abused before. As a minor. In both cases, I couldn’t escape the situation. I feel for the guy but this young man could’ve left.

by Anonymousreply 202December 21, 2021 12:45 AM

This whole thing reminds me of Justin Berry, a teenager who became a webcam porn star while underage and made a ton of money and even got his dad in on the scheme. They both procured other boys and girls to perform on camera. Justin was clearly money oriented and had no issue supplying porn to chickenhawks. After his website operation got busted and he had turned 18. He played the victim and ratted out all the older male customers to avoid getting jailtime. He claimed he was groomed into that lifestyle despite the fact he only started posting nude pics and videos because older men in chat rooms requested it and gave him money. Nobody in his personal life was manipulating him. He was addicted to the money and loved the attention and ego boost.

by Anonymousreply 203December 21, 2021 12:48 AM

[quote] Gary picked me up on opening night

How did he approach you, R202? He came backstage after the show?

by Anonymousreply 204December 21, 2021 12:52 AM

R202 - What was the TV show role you got?

by Anonymousreply 205December 21, 2021 12:56 AM

Jesus christ... Apparently this needs to be explained.

Ok... Here goes... Listen carefully....

Just because he was technically legal, doesn't mean the relationship wasn't an abusive one.

You dumb, gross cunts.

by Anonymousreply 206December 21, 2021 12:56 AM

Nobody said it wasn't abusive. We are saying he was old enough to recognize it wasn't healthy and had the freedom to leave. He also was clearly using Singer for his own advancement which explains why he was so tolerant of the abuse. He made a mistake on his part by engaging with someone like Singer. Singer is an asshole but he didn't force that kid to stay with him either.

by Anonymousreply 207December 21, 2021 12:59 AM

[quote] I would be so exhausted from not getting more than three or four hours of sleep a night that I once fell asleep sitting upright, mid-bite, with a fork in my mouth at a dinner.

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 208December 21, 2021 1:01 AM

Hum...

by Anonymousreply 209December 21, 2021 1:03 AM

Gary picked me up at the opening night party. Told me he was Eric Stoltz's manager.

by Anonymousreply 210December 21, 2021 1:03 AM

[quote] I could never have predicted what came next, it all happened so fast. I heard loud yelling coming toward me. When I turned, I saw Bryan charging toward us screaming very angrily. He violently attacked one of the guests near me. I grabbed Bryan and took him back into the house.

Blake shows his codependence here.

by Anonymousreply 211December 21, 2021 1:03 AM

So Singer used Blake for sex until something fresher came along.

by Anonymousreply 212December 21, 2021 1:07 AM

[quote] He could turn his friends into millionaires because he felt like it. It’s what he kept promising to do for me.

[quote] The very few friends I did have stopped speaking to me because I didn’t have the time to see them.

[quote] I moved across the country on my own dime at his encouragement.

[quote] I didn’t want to be another one of Bryan’s boys that got used and discarded.

Mixed feelings here. It sounds like Blake went "all in" with BS. Blake had enough agency to move from NYC to LA to be with BS. He was hoping BS could help him with his "stories," make him into a millionaire, etc.

Blake is not saying BS isolated him. Blake is saying that he dropped his friends to be with BS.

by Anonymousreply 213December 21, 2021 1:10 AM

When Lady Colin Campbell wearily explained on her YouTube channel that Epstein, for all his crimes, WASN’T a pedophile, but an ephebophile, it must have driven the trolls crazy. They probably thought she was splitting hairs. Or even defending him. She wasn’t. She has a respect for the truth. Singer may be vile and manipulative, but sensationalist finger-fucking fraus who call him a ‘pedo’, deserve to have slander suits rammed up their rancid cunts. It’s a fact of life that plenty of teenage boys are drawn to older men. As this article makes plain, Singer was at pains to confirm the kid was of legal age. Hollywood is stuffed with Singers who take advantage of the young. A male #metoo movement which calls out bad behaviour might be a good idea, but as we can see here it quickly turns into a Salem witch hunt of false accusations and (in the case of freaks like R194) — of stalking.

by Anonymousreply 214December 21, 2021 1:13 AM

[quote] What's truly scary is that he has a 6 year old son.

Yes, that is rather scary, but don’t worry—he’ll be ripe as soon as you know it.

by Anonymousreply 215December 21, 2021 1:33 AM

No, this guy wasn't groomed or sexually abused or anything of the sort. He was a willing participant, and at 18 he's more than old enough to know better. He did it because it was a rich older man who let him into his high-roller lifestyle. He was essentially a paid whore. It doesn't matter how young he looked, even though him saying he looked 15 was clearly an attempt to make the story seem more salacious than it is. Guys that age are all about fame and money and attention.

This guy was also lazy. He could have parlayed it into an "autobiographical" novel - changed names, switched a few dates around - and said it was based on a true story - and then he could have had a friend leak to a few gossip mags that it's actually about Singer, that way he would still have plausible deniability. If he can't write (likely), hiring someone to ghostwrite it would have been good, because they could have helped him turn it into an actual story with a beginning, middle, and end. The "young hustler goes to Hollywood, gets sucked into masked sex parties" trope has been done, but it could have been something good, even turned into a movie.

by Anonymousreply 216December 21, 2021 1:48 AM

I told him to kiss my black ass.

by Anonymousreply 217December 21, 2021 2:08 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218December 21, 2021 2:22 AM

He started the whole thing with the idea it would benefit him. It bears more resemblance with a shitty job than with a relationship. I don't completely buy the whole "It didn't occur to me I could say no". You knew you could but you knew the wager was high. Everyone who walks away from a shitty job knows the feeling. It's buyer's fallacy or a gambler's mindset, no big mystery there. You invested so much, socially and emotionally, that you feel you deserve a payoff that turns out to never come or not to be worth it. It doesn't occur to you that the shitty arrangement you invest in ceased to be beneficial for you a long time ago. Happens to many of us. And also: Singer sounds like a dangerous creep.

by Anonymousreply 219December 21, 2021 6:46 AM

Wow! So much defense of a creep like Bryan Singer.

Data Lounge is full of pedos.

by Anonymousreply 220December 21, 2021 8:26 AM

No. It's just not yet completely filled with hysterical slandering fraus.

In any case: he won. He's worth a $100 million plus, so can buy flesh and friends till the end of days.

by Anonymousreply 221December 21, 2021 8:55 AM

I’d rather have watched this as the remake of The Wonder Years, rather then that crap they put on TV.

by Anonymousreply 222December 21, 2021 8:59 AM

This case perfectly showcases what is wrong with our society in general. (Gay / LGBT) kids getting rejected by their blood relatives and teen / childhood peers find themselves lost in a harsh world full of predators like Bryan Singer. When you are lonely and lost and someone is paying attention to you, showering you with gifts, (pretending to) validate you and makes you feel good about yourself (probably the first time in your life) it's not that unreasonable to throw caution into the wind and fall for such a person (despite the predator's established bad reputation and several warnings of others). And after you fell into the trap, the chipping away at your new self-confidence begins, where you feel small again in the end having humiliated (maybe committed heinous crimes?) yourself in order to hold on to a relationship that once made you feel good about yourself (but not anymore, but what better alternative is out there? Better to stay put).

by Anonymousreply 223December 21, 2021 9:01 AM

It really says everything about Singer's current pariah status in the industry that Variety is printing this story.

by Anonymousreply 224December 21, 2021 9:06 AM

I was thinking about Bryan Singer on Sunday night when Tom Daley was at the BBC Sports Personality Of The Year awards.

Dustin Lance Black was a well known associate of Singer, and I'm sure there were videos of him at one of Singer's infamous pool parties.

When Black (then 39) hooked up with Daley (then 19) it did seem very creepy, and then Tom's diving friend Chris Mears became an associate of Singer.

Everyone knew what was going on and they were all fine with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225December 21, 2021 9:15 AM

Interesting to see Ian McK in the picture. He was in the circle I was invited to. I once went to FAO SchwartZ with Ian & Bryan to see Ian’s action figure for the first time. Ian also brought his young boyfriend to drinks one night. By young I mean 20s.

by Anonymousreply 226December 21, 2021 9:28 AM

Was Colton being molested at that time also?

by Anonymousreply 227December 21, 2021 9:29 AM

R203 You dumb fuck, what you described absolutely is grooming.

R214 You idiots who go on about checking someone's post history as being akin to stalking are just exposing how ashamed you are of your own post histories. Don't like being held to account for the things you've said? How very Republican of you.

by Anonymousreply 228December 21, 2021 9:38 AM

[quote] 2. But he ALWAYS dates guys over 18. He's borderline paranoid about that. He's very above board about what he wants. He's not a groomer at all. He's a flat out tell it like it guy. There's no cloak and dagger shit going on. He promises money and access. The young man promises to look young. Tale as old as time.

There is a difference between legality and morality. Singer doesn't get off on the fact that they are legal of age. He gets off on the fact that they look underage. And some people, including me, choose to find that creepy and morally wrong.

He has people who introduce him to legal adults who look like minors. Those are the ones who fall on their swords when the heat is on Singer. They are the ones who confess they procured and gave drugs and alcohol to teens who are not legally allowed to drink. They are the ones who get charged with sex trafficking charges, because poor Mr. Bryan Singer had no clue this was going on (at his parties or on his private jet). Singer's hands are clean.

[quote] He's very above board about what he wants. He's not a groomer at all.

Not true at all. His "move" is being so shy and it takes this wonderful boy to get him out of his shell, which usually "never happens". The boy simply must stay with him, and they will be so happy together. The boy makes Bryan want to be a better version of himself and no longer take nasty drugs or alcohol or be a total jerk with anger management issues. The boy is such a good influence on Bryan (sure, Jan). But surely, it doesn't hurt to still party once in a while, a line of coke here, a bottle of liquor there, a threesome with a hot new boy ... please, don't leave(, yet), you're the only one who can make me want to be better, to do better! I'm sooooo vulnerable right now!

by Anonymousreply 229December 21, 2021 9:47 AM

I agree with the author of this linked article. We should stop using the word grooming for child abuse.

------

Let me focus on grooming versus manipulation. If you look at the definitions from the Merriam Webster Dictionary, grooming is defined as:

1.To clean and maintain the appearance of (as the coat of a horse or dog),

2. To make neat or attractive (an impeccably groomed woman),

3. To get into readiness for a specific objective – prepare (was being groomed as a presidential candidate).

Do any of these really describe what we know to be grooming in child sexual abuse incidents? You could make the argument that 3. somewhat describes what we know to be true, but let’s look at the definition for manipulation:

1. To treat or operate with or as if with the hands or by mechanical means especially in a skillful manner, 2. To manage or utilize skillfully or to control or play upon by artful, unfair, or insidious means especially to one’s own advantage, 3. To change by artful or unfair means so as to serve one’s purpose.

When I think about “grooming” in child sexual abuse incidents, definitions 2. and 3. of “manipulation” seem to more accurately describe what offenders do on a regular basis. In all other settings, grooming is used to describe pro-social behavior, but I surely don’t think child sexual abuse is pro-social behavior. [bold] To me, this behavior is decidedly anti-social, so why are we using a pro-social word to describe anti-social behavior? [/bold]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230December 21, 2021 9:53 AM

The fug boy was 18 when being fucked By Singer. That is not statutory rape in Cali. Fucking turd trying to make a name for himself.

by Anonymousreply 231December 21, 2021 10:08 AM

When I was 14 at a summer camp, a counselor started leaving gifts on my bed. Donuts, T shirts…. It made me feel good but was sort of strange. He was 40 and taking an interest in me. I didn’t know I was gay yet. He would take me to concerts and church while at that camp. Then when camp was over, we hugged so hard. He gave me a key chain with his picture on it. During the school year, he sent me letters, candy, books, and videotapes. I was in love with him but didn’t know what it meant. Then, the next summer he ignored me and did all the same things with another boy. I was devastated. He never sexually abused me but I was absolutely being groomed and he emotionally abused me. 8 years later, I seduced him and had sex with him and got him to admit he wanted to have sex with me when I was a child. I’ve never fully recovered from the relationship. Nowadays, he posts radical right wing cartoons on his FB page. I’m 47.

by Anonymousreply 232December 21, 2021 10:10 AM

R229 I know the type. They also come without million dollar benefits.

by Anonymousreply 233December 21, 2021 10:17 AM

[quote]The fug boy was 18 when being fucked By Singer. That is not statutory rape in Cali. Fucking turd trying to make a name for himself.

No one is suggesting Singer raped this teenager. I and many other are saying he emotionally abused this boy and exercised coercive control over him, as many manipulative, predatory and abusive men do.

There is a difference

by Anonymousreply 234December 21, 2021 10:18 AM

[quote]Donuts, T shirts He gave me a key chain with his picture on it.

Gee willikers: that's almost a Christmas parable!

What lad needs private jets and expense counts?

"The Cheap Lay": coming soon to a Hallmark channel near you.

by Anonymousreply 235December 21, 2021 10:27 AM

^Mickey who? Gramps, no one here under 70 knows who that is.

by Anonymousreply 236December 21, 2021 10:29 AM

But r234- no one forced him into the relationship with Bryan. He wasn’t even tricked into it. Everything was clear from the beginning. Singer had no power over him.

by Anonymousreply 237December 21, 2021 10:45 AM

This thread is really weird because it doesn't seem to acknowledge that multiple things can be true:

1. Bryan Singer is an asshole 2. Bryan Singer was abusive and coercive 3. The person in question was above 18 years old, therefore this is a situation of abuse not involving a child. But it's still abuse. Is the technical term "grooming" correct? Debateable. Only "gaslighting" and "cancel culture" seem to be terms that, more so than "grooming" everyone thinks they know the definition of, but it ends up being different by each person that uses it. 4. Because this person was 18 years old, they had a degree of agency a person who is under 18 does not have. But it's still abuse.

by Anonymousreply 238December 21, 2021 11:02 AM

R234 O fuck that. Unless it was statutory rape, it is not fucking news. Who gives a flying fuck?! The media will never go after real stories about rape or pedophilia with Singer, so fuck em.

by Anonymousreply 239December 21, 2021 11:06 AM

I knew nothing at 18 .. BS would have swept me off my feet.

by Anonymousreply 240December 21, 2021 11:10 AM

R240 Doubt you were skinny enough or twink enough. You were probably closer to Bill Paxton on Weird Science when she turned him into a turd.

by Anonymousreply 241December 21, 2021 11:12 AM

Why, r20? Do you find him attractive?

by Anonymousreply 242December 21, 2021 11:14 AM

Of course the chances are good that Singer at some point did molest one or more boys who were actually 13 or so. Then when he got famous he became too afraid to do that and changed to legal aged guys who looked 13 or so. But who knows what claims may eventually come out about his activities.

by Anonymousreply 243December 21, 2021 11:15 AM

It’s extremely weird how age is never taken into account when the allegation is same sex. People are accepting this as pedophelia despite the guy being a fully grown adult.

If it was a woman she would get ripped to shreds as a liar, a user who wanted it. With men it’s automatically believed.

Do people think gays are more likely to be sexual offenders?

by Anonymousreply 244December 21, 2021 11:55 AM

Nobody is claiming an 18 year old being fucked by Singer is pedophilia, moron. Pay attention.

by Anonymousreply 245December 21, 2021 11:57 AM

R245, Read the twitter comments under the article. Oh yes they are…

by Anonymousreply 246December 21, 2021 11:58 AM

R226 did you get to hang out with Camp Podwall?

R227 maybe that question gets answered in Colton's memoir Miss Memory Lane.

by Anonymousreply 247December 21, 2021 12:12 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248December 21, 2021 12:16 PM

R237 Why are you posting a strawman pretending people have said he was forced into the relationship? No-one's saying that. But they are saying that the relationship changed and Singer manipulated and abused him to keep him in it.

R244 Only nasty pieces of work would assume a woman making the same claims is automatically a liar. The fact you seem to think that suggests you're one of them.

by Anonymousreply 249December 21, 2021 12:16 PM

Some of the dumbest posts in this thread must be the people insisting all 18 year olds are exactly the same, and at the same level of maturity, etc.

by Anonymousreply 250December 21, 2021 12:17 PM

[quote] The Left really loves to reward self-victimization.

The right wants to overthrow democracy and install a fascist.

by Anonymousreply 251December 21, 2021 12:18 PM

The same people blaming Blake blame wives for staying despite mental and physical abuse from their husbands.

People get bonded and try to rationalize every way they can to stay. We do it with our relationships and our jobs all the time.

by Anonymousreply 252December 21, 2021 12:20 PM

So he's the Superman kid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253December 21, 2021 12:20 PM

R252, His only rationalization to stay was that he wanted to become rich.

by Anonymousreply 254December 21, 2021 12:29 PM

He stayed for one reason and only one reason. Greed. Clearly from his own words, he could have left whenever he wanted.

by Anonymousreply 255December 21, 2021 12:33 PM

R220 - Sheesh for the millionth time!!!! Most of us are not pedophiles, per the definition. We are ephebophiles. Google is your friend, asshole!

by Anonymousreply 256December 21, 2021 12:44 PM

R256, Most of us are not that either. Speak for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 257December 21, 2021 12:46 PM

The moral of this story: Bryan Singer is a bad boyfriend.

Buzzfeed is trying to sell this story as a harrowing tale of child molestation. What crooks.

by Anonymousreply 258December 21, 2021 12:48 PM

It's truly sad how little empathy some of DLs bitter old queens have for other people

by Anonymousreply 259December 21, 2021 12:49 PM

[quote] Also, the age of consent at that time was 17.

Why do people insist on pointing this out. NO ONE said that, in this case, Singer did anything illegal.

He's just an a-hole to the people around him

by Anonymousreply 260December 21, 2021 12:52 PM

Check out the comments on twitter about this story. People ARE saying that.

by Anonymousreply 261December 21, 2021 12:53 PM

[quote] Sheesh for the millionth time!!!! Most of us are not pedophiles, per the definition. We are ephebophiles. Google is your friend, asshole!

"Pedo" has become the general term for those who like young sexual partners. Just like "Nazi" has come to mean someone very strict

by Anonymousreply 262December 21, 2021 12:53 PM

R262 If by "young" you mean underage and if by "strict" you mean fascist.

by Anonymousreply 263December 21, 2021 12:55 PM

[quote] His only rationalization to stay was that he wanted to become rich.

He was with Singer for a long while--he knew he wouldn't become rich. He certainly loved the privileges that came with being in Singer's circle. That said, Singer really extracted a high price for those privileges

by Anonymousreply 264December 21, 2021 12:58 PM

R262, its the common term for gays who like younger partners. Nobody calls Jared Leto or James Franco pedos.

by Anonymousreply 265December 21, 2021 12:58 PM

[quote]"Pedo" has become the general term for those who like young sexual partners.

Yes. And needs to be slapped down hard whenever trolls abuse it for cases that aren't genuine pedophilia. Otherwise it risks making the word meaningless.

by Anonymousreply 266December 21, 2021 1:02 PM

I swear this site is no longer just gays. It seems taken over by hysterical and puritanical straights who are homophobic and are accusing us of being pedos and degenerates for not coddling a stupid young white guy. This was a toxic relationship that was consensual on both sides. This Blake dude regretted it but he had every opportunity to leave. Nothing in that article implied he was in a passionate romance with Singer. He was using Singer to get his career ahead. He was basically a professional whore trying to break into the film industry. Singer did not molest him or force him to stay. I'm sick of young white people being made into babies when they are old enough to make decisions on their own and face the consequences. The real world sucks.

by Anonymousreply 267December 21, 2021 1:08 PM

I mean...Singer's a lunatic but this one gets another "WAHHHH" from me. He reaped the benefits of Singer's Black Mastercard, private jets, coke, skipping lines, and three ways. He accepted the jobs that were offered to him based on how tight his butthole was.

Unless he was chained to a bed? Enh...

by Anonymousreply 268December 21, 2021 1:08 PM

R268 - You sir, speak the voice of reason. This little boy was nothing but a whore grifter, in fact he’s still a grifter trying to sell this story. He’s uneducated trash, and is lucky he got that $25,000 payoff, because he’s not even with that.

by Anonymousreply 269December 21, 2021 1:18 PM

Most adults are attracted to sexual mature individuals regardless if they are underaged. Plenty of teens look older. So yes majority of adult humans would be by definition epbebophiles. Even though most older adults would never want to date a teenager and would choose not to pursue for ethical and personal reasons. Teenagers on the other hand are interested in sex and will seek it out. Hence why the age of consent around the world is between 14 to 18 with 16 being the average. It's not pedophilia because that is sexual attraction to prepubescent children and 99.9% of people could never see a child in that light. Teenagers are not children, they are sexually developed.

by Anonymousreply 270December 21, 2021 1:19 PM

R269, I see Bryan Singer has chimed in

by Anonymousreply 271December 21, 2021 1:19 PM

People keep mentioning it's creepy for someone to date a legal aged adult who looks younger than their age. How so? If both are adults and it's consensual then what makes it bad? Are childish looking adults expected to not date other adults and be celibate?

by Anonymousreply 272December 21, 2021 1:34 PM

R272, when the person seems to keep looking for those who have a baby look (although of legal age), that's what's creepy

by Anonymousreply 273December 21, 2021 1:40 PM

R273 Fair point. But I do think people are quick to assume things about people. Just because someone looks younger and petite doesn't mean they are innocent, weak and submissive or that their partner is a pedo who is abusing them. Usually it's the other way around from my experience, the youthful looking person gets off on their ability to elude others and get away with things. Only showing frustration at instances like getting carded.

by Anonymousreply 274December 21, 2021 1:49 PM

Isn't every relationship a transaction?

by Anonymousreply 275December 21, 2021 3:47 PM

R275, is your name Melania?

by Anonymousreply 276December 21, 2021 3:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 277December 21, 2021 5:08 PM

R219, that's a long winded way to say the kid gambled and lost.

by Anonymousreply 278December 21, 2021 5:28 PM

People really comparing this to a child grooming, an abusive marriage or working a job you hate? Blake had many options and chose the path he took. He wasn't even in love with Bryan Singer. He was just spending time with him and fucking him for connections, money and privileges. It was basically a sugar daddy scenario. Singer is a crazy lunatic who acted abusive but Blake chose to stay and continue doing sexual favors because he was ambitious, social-climbing and materialistic. The whole relationship ended only because Blake "aged out" and Singer found a replacement. Singer never pretended to love him nor wanted anything else but some companionship which he compensated Blake for. If Blake had any common sense, he would have left as soon as Singer started acting crazy and yelling. He didn't because he was addicted the money and fame by being in Singer's circle. He now regrets his behavior and wants to hop on the #MeToo train for clout. Given everything he was doing just to get a career in Hollywood. It's not like he's someone with integrity, dignity or self-respect. He seems like a narcissist in fact.

by Anonymousreply 279December 21, 2021 5:42 PM

Wait-- there's a link to this thread on the NAMBLA website?

That explains all the comments.

by Anonymousreply 280December 21, 2021 5:45 PM

R279 Fuck off, narcissism troll. That word does not even exist. You're just a fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 281December 21, 2021 5:46 PM

This shit "kid" was a grifter and is still on the grift!!!! Let's remind ourselves of some of our most famous grifters who claimed "abuse" after they were cut out of the will!

Liberace's grifter whore boyfriend!

Rock Hudson's grifter whore boyfriend!

Once the cash was cut off, they went into overdrive hiring lawyers and publicists to spin their narratives, as one last money grab! This "kid" is no different. He learned from the best!

by Anonymousreply 282December 21, 2021 6:17 PM

Just gross anti-gay bullshit on here these days. With friends like you...

by Anonymousreply 283December 21, 2021 6:23 PM

"Mommy, he was mean to me!"

by Anonymousreply 284December 21, 2021 6:42 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285December 21, 2021 6:49 PM

This is at least the second former boy toy of Singer's who has spoken about his time with him, and yet again it's a guy who was using Singer as much as Singer was using him, and yet again the relationship sounds toxic, but perfectly legal. It's almost like the media are trying to deflect attention from something much darker by putting out stories that make Singer seem like a creepy, abusive asshole, but NOT a criminal.

And yes, I absolutely believe there's something much darker going on. Years ago we had a fascinating thread about a "Hollywood sex ring" run by someone named Brett Schulte. Allegedly that guy picks up homeless teens (some of them underage), sets them up in apartments, feeds them drugs and pimps them out to Hollywood bigwigs like Singer, Gus van Sant or Andy Dick. Unfortunately, a lot of the replies in the aforementioned thread were deleted. However, I did some digging on social media, and could confirm that Schulte does have ties to people who are rumoured to procure young boys for Singer, e.g. (former?) Tigerheat owner/promoter Wayne Castro. A website going into more detail about Brett Schulte and the alleged "sex ring" (www.hollywoodsexring.com) can also still be accessed via the waybackmachine.

This is the kind of stuff that should be looked into, not these stories about willing participants of legal age, who were as "ambitious" and opportunistic as they were naive.

by Anonymousreply 286December 21, 2021 7:07 PM

Singer has always creeped me out; just the look of him alone. It’s as though there’s no soul behind those eyes: there’s a real vacancy there. I have total empathy for that kid. When I was around that age, I was dealing with so much and desperately looking for validation, and ended up in a toxic, controlling relationship with a guy nearly 2 decades older. If you get a little bit of validation and you’re still not capable of believing in yourself, you can be willing to put up with a whole lot of abuse and think it’s ok or normal. Thank god I don’t give a shit anymore.

by Anonymousreply 287December 21, 2021 7:32 PM

I agree he was young and impressionable and got addicted to the attention and it made him feel special. But I feel he should own up more to the fact he willingly put himself into that dynamic by choosing to trade sex and companionship for a career boost. He can't have his cake and eat it too. There are real victims who were groomed or threatened and raped but he's just not one of them. He was an older teen and legal adult and made an error of judgment by choosing to abuse the casting couch. Now he should grow up and admit he was complicit with this system as well.

Colton Haynes wrote an article where he heavily implied he used the casting couch and felt betrayed by the lack of opportunities and how eventually coming out had hurt his career but also says he's happier he did come out and not had to live a lie. He condemns the predatory forces and homophobia in Hollywood but admits he was enabling that system by doing what they expected.

by Anonymousreply 288December 21, 2021 8:09 PM

R288, the film industry is all about gross power disparities. There’s no alternative Hollywood people can choose go to if they want to be film actors. So, if you want access, you have to do what the gatekeepers to the industry tell you to do. People who comply are not “enablers”, they are being used by the system even if they themselves think they are acting voluntarily.

by Anonymousreply 289December 21, 2021 8:16 PM

At this point in BS's life, he probably already had brushes with the law for fucking underage boys. Hence, checking IDs on males and seeking out young-looking 18-year-olds.

by Anonymousreply 290December 21, 2021 8:23 PM

R289 The people who used the casting couch were usually movie star types who don't have talent who rely on their looks and persona. The ones who actually worked on stage or that actor with hundreds of credits who finally got noticed by a casting agent or director don't have to rely on using sex for roles. Granted they may not become mega stars but it's ridiculous to think that tiny percentage of big celebrities are representative of the entire film industry. Most actors are not famous and rich and get by just fine. When you allow greed and vanity to dictate your choices to the point you prostitute yourself for a big break then that's also reflection of the individual too. There's alternatives to Hollywood. If someone is a real actor who takes it seriously they would opt for Broadway or maybe indie films.

by Anonymousreply 291December 21, 2021 8:25 PM

R280 - Does N*A*M*B*L*A actually exist (at least, any more?). I seriously doubt there would be a website.

Don't tell me Google is my friend, because I've always heard growing up that if you even Google the name of that organization, the FBI flags you and puts you on a list.

I've always assumed N****A was an urban myth - and I've never had the nerve (or really the desire, actually) to see if it's for real.

Even being on Datalounge makes me nervous sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 292December 21, 2021 8:29 PM

British film industry doesn't seem to use the casting couch because many British actors are not beautiful. I've heard many actually are expected to go to an arts school and act on stage for years before getting into film.

The casting couch seems to exist in Hollywood because it's a huge capitalist industry all about image and sex appeal over substance. The casting couch would not exist if everyone just refused to do it. But many people are so motivated by selfish desire for fame and adoration that they forsake their ethics. The people use the couch are just as unethical as does who expect it. Power difference exists but when it's two adults and it's a bargaining situation. One can refuse the offer and maintain their dignity. Being a big celebrity film star is not a necessity. Just do theatre, do independent movies, travel to the UK or France to do movies, etc. Hollywood is not the only option.

by Anonymousreply 293December 21, 2021 8:38 PM

R292, I think NMBLA was for real (and probably still exists, underground, in some form). I remember when gay pride parades first started, there was a parade in my town and, somehow, NMBLA attached itself as a parade participant. I was a lot younger and I was like WTF!!!! How is this even a thing - out in the open?!!!

by Anonymousreply 294December 21, 2021 8:42 PM

NAMBLA was even endorsed by prominent gay and lesbian writers like Allen Ginsberg and Camille Paglia. Though they were more on the anti-authoritarian destroy-all-paradigms nonsense. Still gross on their part. NAMBLA is why so many straight people think gays are pedos and Evangelicals had a field day with this to promote their anti-marriage equality and conversion therapy bills. The type Bryan Singer likes though would be far too old for the NAMBLA crowd. Singer at least likes boys who had their balls drop and developed a bass in their voice.

by Anonymousreply 295December 21, 2021 9:39 PM

NMBLA was, you say. I'm assuming it no longer is?

I think it's like ANTIFA - not an actual organization.

by Anonymousreply 296December 21, 2021 10:42 PM

Our algorithms are detecting mention of NAMBLA activity.

And now ANTIFA.

Matt Gaetz, Marjorie Taylor Green and Jim Jordan have all been notified. Consider this your final warning.

by Anonymousreply 297December 21, 2021 10:46 PM

All this Nambla talk has me going. I’ll think I’m gonna visit familydick.com tonight.

by Anonymousreply 298December 21, 2021 11:01 PM

I hope they turn this into a salacious TV movie like all those ones about Amy Fisher. Maybe Nolan Gould or Ethan Wacker can play the lead.

by Anonymousreply 299December 22, 2021 12:11 AM

It was real. I had a friend in college who left his wallet at my place after a party. I opened it up and started pulling stuff out, trying to figure out who's wallet it was, and I pulled out a business card for NMBLA. I was creeped out and ended our friendship. It also explained the High School SOPHOMORE that he brought with him to the party!!! 10 years later, I heard more creepy stuff about him being fixated on a high schooler that he worked with at a clothing store!

by Anonymousreply 300December 22, 2021 12:17 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301December 22, 2021 12:36 AM

I’m all for listening to peoples’ stories about being abused; it’s interesting to me. However this little grifter Blake can fuck right off. He’s no victim; he’s a willing participant. And the fact he’s taking away from real victims makes him the biggest piece of shit. He’s the worst kind of human. Maybe he was abused as a child, I don’t know. He’s definitely fucked up as an adult. Hopefully he gets therapy.

by Anonymousreply 302December 22, 2021 12:42 AM

R302 Fuck your therapy, asshole. You need to jump in front of a bus or semi-truck. Pronto. You are too stupid to live.

by Anonymousreply 303December 22, 2021 12:52 AM

[quote]I agree he was young and impressionable and got addicted to the attention and it made him feel special. But I feel he should own up more to the fact he willingly put himself into that dynamic by choosing to trade sex and companionship for a career boost. He can't have his cake and eat it too. There are real victims who were groomed or threatened and raped but he's just not one of them. He was an older teen and legal adult and made an error of judgment by choosing to abuse the casting couch. Now he should grow up and admit he was complicit with this system as well.

Yep.

by Anonymousreply 304December 22, 2021 12:59 AM

SEX is currency in Hollyweird. Our little guy was wagging that little pink hole around while "Jackpot Cherries" went "DING DING DING" in his grifter head!

by Anonymousreply 305December 22, 2021 1:03 AM

[quote]Most straight kids start to navigate their way through relationships in high school and learn social mores but with gay kids it's different.

I read a similar thing in a different thread. I hate to break it to you but many gay kids are out in high school, they take their boyfriends to the prom. There's a level of acceptance. Not all 16-18 year old gay kids are repressed. Ths isn't 1975.

by Anonymousreply 306December 22, 2021 1:05 AM

r302 = Sir Ian

by Anonymousreply 307December 22, 2021 1:07 AM

R306 It depends on the state and depends on school. The urban and rural divide is very real. Rural areas are still very conservative and very Christian (like they believe in a 6000 year Earth). There are still private religious schools that can and still kick out students for being gay. Gay kids are still harassed, are still bashed and beaten and disowned. Also gays are minority especially in the tiny world of high school. You think it's still easy for gay kids in high school to date when their options are so much more tinier? That's why so many gays move out of small towns to cities just to have an easier time finding a partner.

by Anonymousreply 308December 22, 2021 1:09 AM

[Quote] Colton Haynes wrote an article where he heavily implied he used the casting couch and felt betrayed by the lack of opportunities and how eventually coming out had hurt his career but also says he's happier he did come out and not had to live a lie. He condemns the predatory forces and homophobia in Hollywood but admits he was enabling that system by doing what they expected.

There's been rumours for years about Colton (and his co-stars from a certain show). Alot of shady shit happening with Viacom "allegedly".

[Quote] The people who used the casting couch were usually movie star types who don't have talent who rely on their looks and persona.

That's usually the case e.g Eiza Gonzalez. But there are also exceptions like Goop or Michelle Williams.

by Anonymousreply 309December 22, 2021 5:07 AM

I find Anthony Rapp to be really creepy, and I think he's a terrible actor.

Bryan Singer doesn't have anything on imdb since 2019... I imagine he can't get any work even as a producer (and his last few producer credits are listed as "uncredited").

by Anonymousreply 310December 22, 2021 6:17 AM

Anthony Rapp is not terrible. He is an adequate actor which is more can be said about most soap stars. Very few brain cells among those stupid fucks. Like Chad Duell? Worst actor in fucking history.

by Anonymousreply 311December 22, 2021 6:20 AM

R12 = Jennifer Lawrence

by Anonymousreply 312December 22, 2021 7:22 AM

Love Anthony Rapp, and I think it was way cool for him to #MeToo Kevin Spacey who had a well known reputation for creeping on guys who work on sets on his films, TV shows (House of Cards) and his job at the Old Vic theater in England. Kevin had it coming, and that cancellation was well deserved.

by Anonymousreply 313December 22, 2021 7:37 AM

Sorry, ... way cool of him ...

by Anonymousreply 314December 22, 2021 7:38 AM

[quote]But I feel he should own up more to the fact he willingly put himself into that dynamic by choosing to trade sex and companionship for a career boost. He can't have his cake and eat it too.

Uh, what career boost did he get? What opportunities do any of them get? I'd agree that it's "fair game" if any of these kids 'actually' got a break in the industry. None of them do. It's a scam. They get used up while the carrot of eventual, "someday your ship will come in" promises are dangled just out of reach. Singer and other Hollywood scum know exactly what they're doing to ruin theses kids for life. It's sick.

[quote]He’s the worst kind of human.

Really, R302? This poor, naive kid is worse than Hitler? Pol Pot? Bryan fucking Singer? You are a moron. The worst kind of stupid.

by Anonymousreply 315December 22, 2021 8:22 AM

R292 Not sure if they still exist in NAMBLA form, but they did at one point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 316December 22, 2021 10:52 AM

Moar

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 317December 22, 2021 10:52 AM

The thing is this guy admits that people WARNED him.

by Anonymousreply 318December 22, 2021 10:53 AM

[quote] Uh, what career boost did he get? What opportunities do any of them get? I'd agree that it's "fair game" if any of these kids 'actually' got a break in the industry. None of them do. It's a scam. They get used up while the carrot of eventual, "someday your ship will come in" promises are dangled just out of reach. Singer and other Hollywood scum know exactly what they're doing to ruin theses kids for life. It's sick.

Yes they exploit naive young men and women. But should these young people not also use more intellect and realize trading sex for a career gain could just backfire? It's basically like gambling and they lost. You also act like these "kids" were forced to sleep with these people. They aren't. You realize there are millions of other careers and they could just go to college or take a trade? They are simply motivated by greed and vanity to be that desperate to get into Hollywood that fast. People here act like Hollywood is the only option for acting as if local theatre, Broadway, independent films and minor extra roles in TV and films don't exist. There are plenty of Hollywood actors who've earned their fame through decades of actual hard work. They are called journeyman actors.

As for "ruining their lives", 18-year-olds can ruin their lives in many ways besides fucking for a film role. You can join the military, rob a bank, get involved with a scheme, steal an identity, kill somebody, drunk drive, etc. Because once you reach that age, you make choices and they aren't always smart. Unfortunately, the world does not care and you must use more impulse control and think of the consequences. Parents fail their kids by not teaching them that. I reckon many of these young people who are desperate enough to fuck an old bigwig for a role come from broken dysfunctional homes or have some type of mental illness that they are pathologically obsessed with fame. Maybe it relates more to this country's failure to help the mentally ill. Anyway, the old bigwigs are gross for exploiting their power. But we need to stop removing the agency of these young people who prostitute themselves for fame.

by Anonymousreply 319December 22, 2021 12:29 PM

Anthony Rapp was terrible in Rent and he's the absolute worst thing about Star Trek Discovery. How can you say that one-note actor is "good"? He's awful. And his face just creeps me out.

by Anonymousreply 320December 22, 2021 12:38 PM

Doesn't matter if they willingly prostitute themselves or go out on a shooting spree. Young white men are always "victims" and "just kids." If Singer went chased after young black, Asian and Latino men then nobody would care nor make excuses for them if they chose to partake. Nobody bats an eye when young women abuse the casting couch for roles and of course people get annoyed when they try to play the victim. For some reason, people want to take the side of opportunistic young white men who play the victim because it also feeds in the mass hysteria that gays are predators. There are real victims out there who are not properly getting the spotlight because narcissistic and entitled attention whores who are bitter about not getting their career boost are hogging up the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 321December 22, 2021 12:42 PM

I don’t get the hate for Anthony Rapp on here…unless it happens to be Kevin Spacey posting bitterly as he tries to pass all this extra time he has on his hands these days.

by Anonymousreply 322December 22, 2021 12:53 PM

Anthony Rapp is that homely, lonely little boy that made for an easy target. With no parents around that cared about him, and an obviously eager to please attitude, he almost asked for it.

by Anonymousreply 323December 22, 2021 12:54 PM

R321 - Are you seriously making this into a race issue?

by Anonymousreply 324December 22, 2021 12:57 PM

R324 I know it probably triggers you but white people are treated less harshly than people of color. I thought this was common knowledge with all the research and video surveillance proving the systemic and personal biases.

by Anonymousreply 325December 22, 2021 12:59 PM

R325 - People like you perpetuate the race problem by constantly bringing it up.

by Anonymousreply 326December 22, 2021 1:02 PM

R326 Well. If you ignore someone does it go away? We can keep this up all you want. But racism and double standards exist in this country that was built on white supremacy and patriarchy. The evidence is there in the years of research. You can deny it but I will treat you just like those who deny the Earth is round. The fact you are getting so offended and upset (telling me to fuck myself). Shows you know it's true and it makes you insecure.

by Anonymousreply 327December 22, 2021 1:05 PM

*something

by Anonymousreply 328December 22, 2021 1:06 PM

R320 is right. Anthony Rapp is the worst thing about Star Trek Discovery.

by Anonymousreply 329December 22, 2021 1:07 PM

R319 Millions of careers! Just like there are millions upon millions of genders, too? You woke turds make me fucking puke.

by Anonymousreply 330December 22, 2021 1:10 PM

Aren't we tired of this, yet? Bryan Singer has a type. And he apparently manages to keep that type within legal bounds, regardless of their outward appearance. Everyone keeps coming for him and he's still not in jail which leads me to believe that he knows where the line is and doesn't cross it or he's very good at covering his tracks.

Personally, I don't get guys who are into really young looking guys and think there's some psychological stuff that needs to be worked out there, but Bryan Singer is not on some island all by himself in that regard. Until someone can nail him for something illegal, then stop the witch hunt.

Every minute there is some new young thing getting off the plane at LAX from some bumfuck town who is willing to trade on their looks and youth. Then, after being passed around LA for a couple of years, they realize that their worth is only as good as the next pretty young thing who is getting off the plane. I feel no sorrow for them.

by Anonymousreply 331December 22, 2021 1:16 PM

R331 - Absolutely. We have to delineate the difference between being a whore and being abused. This Blake kid is a common whore. But he’s worse than that because he’s a complaining whore.

by Anonymousreply 332December 22, 2021 1:27 PM

R327, I'm with you. I live in Chicago, where black men (kids) a lot younger than this boy get pressured to join gangs, then sucked into drugs or criminal conduct, whether it's guns, carjacking, etc. I don't hear any of these folks talking about them as "abused" or "victims" like they do this pretty 18 year old white boy. They call them criminals and want them locked up. (I'm not saying they aren't criminals. I'm just looking for a common standard - do we hold people in their late teens accountable in the same way if they are white or black.)

by Anonymousreply 333December 22, 2021 1:27 PM

R333 Thank you that's what I was trying to say. It seems young white people (late teens and early 20s) are seen as babies and not given full accountability for their own mistakes. You have people trying to defend morons like Kyle Rittenhouse (was armed and went to a protest) and Nick Sandmann (he was wearing a MAGAT hat and went to an anti-abortion rally). I read Blake's story and at some point I started rolling my eyes. He could have left at any time but he was just ambitious and motived by greed and power. He knew what the arrangement was yet acts like he was this victim of grooming and rape. Just because Singer dumped him and his career didn't go as planned. Blake still got money of this. I'm Black and I was basically taught that if I messed up, I would be on my own and get judged far more harshly in society for any error in judgment. My mom pretty much beat that in my head to stay in school, mind my business and be respectful to everyone and to dress well. I know young Latino, Indian and Asian people and they act far more responsible too because their parents don't baby them, they raise them to act like little adults and put a lot of responsibilities onto them. Something, we all agree on is some white American kids (mostly suburban) are coddled by society and get away with so much disrespect for authority that it's not shocking they have a victim mentality when they fuck up.

by Anonymousreply 334December 22, 2021 1:41 PM

Blake made it a point to state that Singer had a type, young looking twink but at least past puberty yet he goes on to say that Singer made sure to have ID’s checked to ensure his friends were at least 18 years old, this tells me everything that I need to know about what a grifter Blake is.

Blake knew what he was doing and made a conscious choice to whore himself out to a powerful man in Hollywood for the benefits and became bitter when he aged out and Singer tired of him. A tale as old as time in Hollywood for men and women.

I don’t think Singer is without sin, he is a creep and probably has some dark secrets he is hiding but Blake is not one of them. What is sad about this story is that it makes actual sexual assault victims less likely to speak out.

by Anonymousreply 335December 22, 2021 1:44 PM

So far r223 has nailed it.

And I don’t believe for a second that the kid was a saint who didn’t drink or do drugs. It’s a very well known fact that Singer wouldn’t accept sobriety in his encounters. And panic attacks happen after people do, say, a lot of meth and start crashing. The kid’s panic attacks and subsequent alcoholism speak volumes. Yes, Singer is the stereotypical “ hey kid try this” corner drug dealer, but one can walk away. It’s also obvious that his outburst was meth- fueled.

by Anonymousreply 336December 22, 2021 2:58 PM

Team “Willing Whore Participant Meets Creep”

by Anonymousreply 337December 22, 2021 3:01 PM

Singer is done and this Fat Whore is a has been who never was, trying to find another 15 minutes - time he should be using working on those doughy arms and puffy face - or time used making amends for recruiting other former twinks into Singer's kiddie sexcapades.

I am okay victim shaming when the victim becomes the victimizer.

by Anonymousreply 338December 22, 2021 3:07 PM

Can't wait for the day the Bohemian Rhapsody crew spill the beans on what went on with Singer.

The juicest we've had so far is that absolute corker Dexter Fletcher dropped: Rami Malek allegedly saying that if Dexter came and shat on the soundstage he'd be more productive.

by Anonymousreply 339December 22, 2021 3:09 PM

If Singer should be condemned for anything, it’s those boring button-down shirts he’s always pictured wearing.

by Anonymousreply 340December 22, 2021 3:23 PM

To R335 ‘s point: Blake was insistent that all the boys were 18 or older because he was involved in procuring boys for Brian. It’s another way he constructs the narrative to depict himself as a victim with out having to answer for his own complicity

by Anonymousreply 341December 22, 2021 3:47 PM

This story is the average DLers wet dream.

And I feel for the kid...but what someone said above about no one would care if he wasn't white...true.

by Anonymousreply 342December 22, 2021 3:50 PM

It would make a great musical. Sort of a Sunset Boulevard. What would be the musical numbers, etc?

by Anonymousreply 343December 22, 2021 4:03 PM

Until it comes out that Singer was diddling 5 year olds, no one gives any fucks about these nobodies.

by Anonymousreply 344December 22, 2021 4:03 PM

R344

typical DL pedo sympathizer comment

you people are precisely the reason why someone like mayo pete will never win the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 345December 22, 2021 4:25 PM

For the last time. An 18-year-old is not a child. Pedos are attracted to babies, toddlers and prepubescent children. It's an extremely rare disorder too. Plus child molesters are not strictly pedos, they are just sexual sadists who who got after anyone who is vulnerable. Bryan Singer shows ephebephile tendencies, he's a pederast, a chickenhawk and a twink chaser. Not a pedo as he likes boys who are pubescent with body hair, Adam's apples and working sex organs. He is smart enough to not go after underage teennagers (though I'm sure he did early on before he got more famous and established).

by Anonymousreply 346December 22, 2021 4:52 PM

[quote] you people are precisely the reason why someone like mayo pete will never win the nomination.

Nope. Homophobes like you are the reason why Pete Buttigieg will not win the nomination.

by Anonymousreply 347December 22, 2021 4:55 PM

WTF does Buttigieg have to do with this discussion?

by Anonymousreply 348December 22, 2021 4:57 PM

R345 "Q-Anon" wide-eyed believer, sees pedophilia everywhere, secretly wants to get his own adrenochrome injections

by Anonymousreply 349December 22, 2021 4:59 PM

This situation is not pedophilic. It was an abuse of power by Singer but the supposed victim knew what he was doing and wanted something out of it. If an older teenager can drive a car, consent to sex, buy groceries, decide what college to attend and work a job then why can't he willingly prostitute himself? It's weird how people act like teens are not aware of sex and don't understand transactional relationships. Even in high school, goodlooking people are popular and flaunt it, will use their looks to get better grades and break the rules. Blake knew the game and tried to play it, he failed and was humiliated at aging out. He wants to play the victim now. I'm sure at first, he was naive but he chose to stay and got corrupted by the power and probably was obnoxious about being "Singer's favorite." He played with fire and got burnt.

by Anonymousreply 350December 22, 2021 5:09 PM

DL needs to start doing spot checks on its members. If you aren't caught with a dick in some orifice of your body, you don't get to post comments.

by Anonymousreply 351December 22, 2021 5:28 PM

Knowing in theory that someone is abusive is not the same as experiencing it firsthand.

Victims of abuse think they can control the abuser's moods. They try to maximize the good moments, but are always walking on eggshells anticipating the next blow up.

I don't think this kid was using Singer. I think Singer acted nice enough to lure him in, dangled the show biz carrot, then quickly moved the guy across the country and isolated him from his family and friends. I also think he got the guy started on drinking and drugs.

Imagine being in expensive Los Angeles and wanting to flee an abusive relationship. It's not that easy to secure an apartment, secretly pack up everything and slip out during the night.

It's really hard to uproot yourself, so you ride out the bad times. And the few good times renew your hope.

by Anonymousreply 352December 22, 2021 5:31 PM

If you want to find the most evil, unethical, and immoral people on the planet you have only to look at the film industry in California. I think all the money and fame turns many people into demons. It's like first blood to them. Once they taste it they want more and more and will resort to anything to get it.

by Anonymousreply 353December 22, 2021 6:01 PM

The pool was full of Helix Porn Models courtesy of the owner of the company. These are vetted and confirmed 18+ men, by the porn company AND Singer's team! These are professional whores who are there to compete with each other to snag a sugar daddy! They know why they are there! Everyone is on the SAME page!!!

Sex. As. Currency.

by Anonymousreply 354December 22, 2021 6:06 PM

[quote]And I feel for the kid...but what someone said above about no one would care if he wasn't white...true.

I think the first to accuse Singer of rape was Cesar Sanchez-Guzman, I don't know if he identifies as white. There have been brown kids accusing Singer. Also some people in the thread seem to think Singer confined himself to over-18 kids, which is crazy, he did not. He probably did later, after allegations surfaced.

by Anonymousreply 355December 22, 2021 6:20 PM

Bryan Singer is a sick fuck.

by Anonymousreply 356December 22, 2021 6:27 PM

Adult women who repeated had sex with Weinstein are allowed to say they were traumatized but this guy isn’t ???

by Anonymousreply 357December 22, 2021 7:12 PM

No because men can take care of themselves! Rape is one thing but just being treated badly? No. If it's not fucking illegal, I am not interested anymore. Whiny ass victims.

by Anonymousreply 358December 22, 2021 7:15 PM

The women "claimed" they were traumatized. Rose M continued to socialize with Pervy Harvey even taking photo ops with him at events. She's a whore and liar.

by Anonymousreply 359December 22, 2021 7:34 PM

Bryan Singer's career makes no sense. As the article from The Atlantic posted upthread makes clear, he's been accused multiple times of having sex with underaged boys. He's been accused of rape. He's been drugged up on movie sets and, during the filming of Bohemian Rhapsody, even destroyed movie equipment. He's talented, but lots of people are talented. He's not a genius. He should have been over a long time ago.

by Anonymousreply 360December 22, 2021 7:42 PM

R360, his movies have made tons of money and that’s what Hollywood really cares about

by Anonymousreply 361December 22, 2021 8:10 PM

Hollywood is just the fucking film industry. People here overstate how powerful it is. Hollywood doesn't exist just for sexual predators. It exists because people want entertainment and will pay for it. Our culture is celebrity obsessed.

There's no way Hollywood is more corrupt than Wall Street, Corporate America or the Federal Government which screws over millions of people because those industries actually have sociopolitical power.

by Anonymousreply 362December 22, 2021 8:51 PM

[quote]There's no way Hollywood is more corrupt than Wall Street, Corporate America or the Federal Government which screws over millions of people because those industries actually have sociopolitical power.

No, but Hollywood power players have a lot more free time to indulge their perversions.

by Anonymousreply 363December 22, 2021 10:11 PM

R363 I'm certain most coercive sexual abuse occurs in the most mundane settings like family gatherings, Little League, Boy Scouts, Protestant and Catholic churches, summer camps, corporate offices and the military. Abusers tend to know their victims as family members, friends or trusted authority figures. Hollywood actors are more along the lines of contractors, they are not really at the mercy of anyone. They may lose out on some opportunities by not putting out but if they have actual talent and ambition, they can find other avenues. It will just take longer and doing stage or indie stuff may be more rewarding. The casting couch only exists because idiots who coast on their looks and want a shortcut to fame faster and are willing to do it. As for the child stars who get abuse, the greedy stage parents just throw the kids in adult settings around strange adults who have power over them. The point I'm making is Hollywood does have perverts in power but also because so many people are opportunistic, greedy and enable them. Hollywood is only harmful to those who let it be and many actors chose to be prostitutes just for a shot at fame. It's hypocritical on many to play the victim. I do feel bad for the child and teen stars who got molested because their parents pimped them out. But I don't feel bad for the adults who chose to have sex for a gig.

by Anonymousreply 364December 23, 2021 1:00 AM

Any news about Singer’s cock? I want details!

by Anonymousreply 365December 23, 2021 2:50 AM

We all want something beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 366December 23, 2021 3:14 AM

What's funny is that you guys think Singer is the top.

by Anonymousreply 367December 23, 2021 4:35 AM

R367 not with the guys he's selected, they all scream "bottom".

by Anonymousreply 368December 23, 2021 4:54 AM

Who here gives a fuck that Singer's boytoys are apparently all legal of age? He's a creep, and he's an unprofessional mess these days. That's why, after Bohemian Rhapsody, he has lost his support and no longer protected against official bad press reporting on how much of a mess he really is.

And, btw. since some of you are so obsessed with legal issues. I don't think even in California it is legal to give drugs and alcohol to 18 year olds.

(cue the shills' responses ... "uh, actually, Brian makes sure all his party guests are 21 year old!").

by Anonymousreply 369December 23, 2021 5:37 AM

This guy wasn’t an actor who had moved to town looking for fame. He was a scenic designer who got lured into Bryan’s life which seemed fine at first. He didn’t show up at Bryan’s door looking for a part. Gary went after him.

by Anonymousreply 370December 23, 2021 6:12 AM

[quote]it also feeds in the mass hysteria that gays are predators. There are real victims out there who are not properly getting the spotlight

One doesn't cancel the other, dimwit. Intelligent, mature people understand that there are many kinds of abuse, all worthy of attention. Both things can be true.

by Anonymousreply 371December 23, 2021 8:58 AM

[quote]I live in Chicago, where black men (kids) a lot younger than this boy get pressured to join gangs, then sucked into drugs or criminal conduct, whether it's guns, carjacking, etc. I don't hear any of these folks talking about them as "abused" or "victims"

False equivalency. They are thugs, criminals....so, not the same. And btw, yes you DO hear a lot about gang kids being victims of ghetto culture that leaves them with few other options. You hear a lot about it.

What is the black community doing to address the problem?

by Anonymousreply 372December 23, 2021 9:11 AM

[quote]I live in Chicago, where black men (kids) a lot younger than this boy get pressured to join gangs, then sucked into drugs or criminal conduct, whether it's guns, carjacking, etc. I don't hear any of these folks talking about them as "abused" or "victims"

…And you won’t because this is NOT the thread NOR the kind of website that would have that discussion.

But you knew that already.

by Anonymousreply 373December 23, 2021 9:41 AM

I’d feel such a relief as Bryan Singer, with all these other cases of overly friendly flirts coming out (Chris Noth, Kevin Spacey, etc.) At least there’s less pressure.

by Anonymousreply 374December 23, 2021 11:24 AM

Did Noth sexually harrass Centaur SJP? I'm sure her four horse shoes could royally kick his ass.

by Anonymousreply 375December 23, 2021 11:45 AM

R375 - He had too many intimate scenes with horsey to be attracted to her.

by Anonymousreply 376December 23, 2021 11:46 AM

R360 It's harder to get cancelled if you're a sexual predator of teen boys. If it was teen girls, like Roman Polanski, singer would probably be run out of town on a rail.

by Anonymousreply 377December 23, 2021 1:15 PM

Bryan Singer...he bad man!

by Anonymousreply 378December 23, 2021 1:36 PM

OP is "crossed out" now.

by Anonymousreply 379December 23, 2021 1:38 PM

He's a real piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 380December 23, 2021 1:53 PM

OP or Singer, R380?

by Anonymousreply 381December 23, 2021 1:53 PM

[quote] What's funny is that you guys think Singer is the top.

This kid even mentions that Singer would get noticeably more erratic on the nights he didn't get fucked.

by Anonymousreply 382December 23, 2021 4:36 PM

R381 - Blake is the “real piece of shit.” Singer is standard Hollywood trash; not worse than most other industry people.

by Anonymousreply 383December 23, 2021 4:41 PM

The left is as bad as Qanon. Th why are claiming Sinfer had sex parties with child actors now

by Anonymousreply 384December 23, 2021 5:35 PM

R377, The same Polanski that won oscars and received a standing ovation led by Meryl Streep at the 2003 oscars?

Sly Stallone, Dustin Hoffman, James etc were accused of fucking minors. 2 out of the 3 are still working and Franco will make a comeback. Actually fucking 18 year old men is the only thing that will get you cancelled. Singer will never work again.

by Anonymousreply 385December 23, 2021 5:38 PM

R385, it’s not just one accusation

by Anonymousreply 386December 23, 2021 6:05 PM

R325 You are pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 387December 23, 2021 6:31 PM

It's confusing to me. If you witness a murder or a rape or a robbery and say nothing then you can get charged as an accomplice. But if you are willingly engaging with a known predator for gifts, turning your eye towards other abused people, possibly helping said predator get victims and then after cutting off contact and walking away. Waiting for said predator to hit rock bottom and then tell your sob story. That's not just as bad?

Predators like Singer and Weinstein only get away with their actions because so many people enable them. Everyone involved needs to be held accountable because the issue of Hollywood bigwigs abusing others only can occur if people allow it. You can keep throwing these people in jail and cancelling their movies but the elephant in the room is the culture of celebrity and narcissism allows this occur.

Way too many of these victims who speak up seem motivated by greed and attention. Are they volunteering with local shelters or speaking at schools about sexual assault? I understand worrying about your job but is it ethical to just walk away while these men and women in power continue to prey on others?

by Anonymousreply 388December 23, 2021 10:54 PM

Wow up to almost 400 posts about this pathetic whore Blake. Well, if it’s attention he wants, he got it from us. If it’s another, larger payoff he wants, good luck with that kid! As an attorney, I wouldn’t take your case for anything. You’re a loser. Go get a job, or some education.

by Anonymousreply 389December 23, 2021 10:59 PM

R372 White kids can shoot at people or shoot up schools and still get defenders. White boys join gangs too and become juvenile delinquents but are still viewed as boys not men. White teenagers are coddled by this society as "precious little angels who go astray." Not mentally ill or antisocial with shitty parents and a culture of poverty and entitlement. Poor whites and blacks act the same yet get treated differently.

by Anonymousreply 390December 23, 2021 10:59 PM

R388, whoa, wait. Someone who witnesses a crime and does not report it is not liable as an accomplice. Nor do victims magically become guilty of crimes committed against them.

by Anonymousreply 391December 23, 2021 11:12 PM

R391 If you "date" someone who is a known predator for an extended period of time and are part of their inner circle. Plus you're a legal adult with have every chance to leave but do not only because of career ambitions. You're still an innocent victim and not an accomplice?

by Anonymousreply 392December 23, 2021 11:21 PM

This all started with DEN (a website like youtube, but before youtube blew up) and the guys who ran it, who were pedos. They molested a bunch of teen boys (aspiring actors) and they were successfully sued by one of their victims. They bolted to avoid paying and went into hiding in Europe. The one guy who was ordered to pay, died penniless. The victim then tried to sue anyone associated with them, but didn't get anywhere. This is where the rumors about Singer started. He was at their parties, but again, there is no evidence that he committed any crimes even though a bunch of those grifter hustlers, who were at those parties, have tried to sue Singer and others to get them to settle out of court, and score some cash.

I think it's finally over, because the statute of limitations has finally run out. All this took place in the early 2000s.

Weirdly, there is one player who has avoided prosecution and has become a Bitcoin billionaire and it's a guy named Brock.

I met a couple of these guys back in the day, because they were looking for content for their website and they solicited a film organization I was in, and made a presentation. No one was really interested and i forgot about them until the story broke about the underage boys being molested at parties.

The other person associated with them is Sean William Scot, who unfortunately appeared in one of their web series as an actor, and now probably regrets it, because at one point all eyes turned to him, as if he had something to do with the horrors that went on in that jacuzzi, at those parties!

by Anonymousreply 393December 24, 2021 1:39 AM

R385- Singer has dealt with accusations for almost 30 years. Still no arrest and people keep working with him. Somehow, he evaded MeToo because he had already been accused BEFORE MeToo.

by Anonymousreply 394December 24, 2021 5:39 AM

R394, He did not evade me too. He it dropped blue on his projects including e red Sonja remake over that.

The bulk of the allegations happened in the past 7 years. Michael evans were so disproven that his own attorney issued an apology to singer and dropped when as a client. The apt pupil ones were debunked by Movieline magazine back in the day. Not that anyone here cares.

by Anonymousreply 395December 24, 2021 12:35 PM

R395 What's your point? That he's not guilty? Have you read the Vanity Fair article about him and his accusers?

by Anonymousreply 396December 24, 2021 1:52 PM

Oh the trauma!

by Anonymousreply 397December 24, 2021 1:54 PM

Singer is just a director. He has (well had) some power but he's still has many people to answer to. This includes producers, executives, advertisers, sponsors, shareholders, actor unions, etc. He's not a CEO of a major studio. He's a contractor who is hired to work and do his job. He was smart enough to realize this hence he got more vigilant to make sure he doesn't perv on those under 18. Singer lost his career because he is unprofessional, a drug addict and more into his twink pool parties than writing coherent scripts.

by Anonymousreply 398December 24, 2021 1:58 PM

He looks like Max Bowden, the current Ben Mitchell on EastEnders.

by Anonymousreply 399December 24, 2021 2:03 PM

R398 Didn't I read he's made a fortune as a creator and executive producer of the TV series, House, though?

by Anonymousreply 400December 24, 2021 2:07 PM

Is there any updates on Michael Egan? I think he was in an open secret movie wasn’t he?

Last I heard he was arrested for fraud in an unrelated case.

by Anonymousreply 401December 24, 2021 2:07 PM

He created the concept for a show and was executive producer. He most likely didn't do anything else for that show besides collect royalty checks. That's very common and it's why so many people try to get credits for their one tiny suggestion on a product in meeting room. But he's still not some powerful CEO that can throw tons of money at people to make the problems go away (which actually doesn't work unless the people choose to take it). Even Michael Jackson who was far more richer and powerful than Singer ever was could not get away with her perversions for too long and was ripped apart and exposed. Polanski himself actually had to move abroad to avoid getting charged. Woody Allen still suffers ton of backlash for his creepy relationship with his stepdaughter. I think Singer is just very smart and also realized that it's easier to just manipulate dumb, young gay bumpkins who are fame-hungry into sex with false promises. Many 18-year-olds can pass for younger, so its not hard for him to live out his fantasies. He's toxic and immoral but still nothing he did was illegal so far. If there's more evidence then he will get busted sooner or later. I do wonder if Brad Renfro was still alive, would he comment on this? I do know Brad didn't like Larry Clark who enabled his drug habit worse just like Gus Van Sant did with River Phoenix and Rodney Harvey.

by Anonymousreply 402December 24, 2021 3:32 PM

R402- he sexually assaulted a 13 year old on the set of Apt Pupil. That’s illegal.

by Anonymousreply 403December 26, 2021 6:58 PM

R403, No he didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 404December 26, 2021 7:00 PM

[quote]A lot of you are emotional cripples. And it's all because of gay culture.

What does gay culture mean to you and how has it crippled you?

by Anonymousreply 405December 26, 2021 7:07 PM

R404 There are allegations that he did. How do you know he didn't?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 406December 26, 2021 7:34 PM

[quote] I do wonder if Brad Renfro was still alive, would he comment on this? I do know Brad didn't like Larry Clark who enabled his drug habit worse just like Gus Van Sant did with River Phoenix and Rodney Harvey.

No idea what Clark did or didn't do with Renfro but I remember Clark telling a story about Renfro in Bret Easton Ellis's podcast. They were filming a movie, probably Bully when Renfro was 18, and were staying in a motel. At some point they noticed that Renfro had escaped from his room through a window to score drugs. Not sure I remember that totally correctly but if I do it sounds like the production team was trying to keep Renfro off drugs. If the guy had to escape from a motel room to get high it sounds like he wasn't in any need of enabling, he was a full-blown junkie.

River Phoenix was probably 20 when they filmed Idaho. He'd been in the business for a long time at that point. You really think it was Van Sant who corrupted him? If the stories about his childhood are true he was sexually abused as a kid in that cult his family lived in. I very much doubt Van Sant was the reason he went off the edge. No one forced him and Keanu to live and party with the street kids although I assume Van Sant made it possible. Was Van Sant trying to get River to become an addict? Why the hell would he since River was starring in the film Van Sant's career depended upon. Why the hell would he have wanted River to do anything but his best as an actor?

I don't quite get this idea that young men are so easily corrupted by older figures of authority. It reminds me of my mum when I came out to her at 18. Her first question was had I been abused by some older guy that had turned me gay. There's certainly whiffs of that good old homophobia present in this thread as well where older gay men ruin the lives of young innocent cherubs by forcing them to have that awful homo sex with them. Newsflash, the fraus here probably still don't realize how much young men want sex. Guys start wanking at 12 or 13 and some can wank 10 times a day, most at least once or twice. Singer's ho knew fully well what he was after, and he did it partly to get money and fame, but I'm convinced he enjoyed the sex as well.

by Anonymousreply 407December 26, 2021 7:34 PM

The accuser from the set of Apt Pupil had never been on a film set in his life, which you could tell by his description and details of the on-set environment. Number one being that his dad just dropped him off and left. Never would happen. A parent is required to be there all day when a child is working. There's tons of paperwork to fill out. There's a licensed Social Worker/Set Teacher on every set. There's no way he was all alone on a working set. There's too many people. Yadda Yadda, the guy lied. t

by Anonymousreply 408December 26, 2021 7:36 PM

R407 Clark actually "kidnapped" Brad. He was hellbent on getting Brad for the lead in Bully. He drove to Tennessee to pick up Brad from his home. Brad was strung out at the time and Clark took a bunch of photos of Brad shooting up. He even made a collage of it called "Tennessee." After they finished that photoshoot. Clark pushed Brad into his car and drove him to Florida to shoot Bully. So Clark was not in Brad's best interest. He just wanted his movie the way he wanted. Brad was just a tool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 409December 26, 2021 7:43 PM

I worked with Larry Clark once. What I witnessed, I'm not surprised by r409 's story. Based on his body of work, I was expecting the shoot to be "interesting". But I was weirded out, watching him "express his fondness" for certain young men on set, in front of everyone..

by Anonymousreply 410December 26, 2021 7:49 PM

R408 What exactly were the big mistakes in his description of the film set environment?

by Anonymousreply 411December 26, 2021 7:50 PM

R408 I don't know what the rules were in 1997 (@ 25 years ago) but if there are many child extras I don't know if all their parents need be present. Also this kid said Singer approached him after basketball practice in a locker room and stood behind him at a urinal, telling him he was "very good looking" and suggesting there might be work for him in the movie. Many of Singers victims have not given their names but this kid did and if he didn't need to, what would be the point of making his experience public and attaching his name?

The Atlantic article states that 12 months of investigation went into the story and that many witnesses were interviewed. There are stories from many underage boys.

by Anonymousreply 412December 26, 2021 8:04 PM

r411 I don't understand what asking. What I wrote in my post refutes what he claimed. (I read the interview with the alleged victim.)

by Anonymousreply 413December 26, 2021 8:06 PM

Larry Clark most certainly is into young meat. No idea if he has sex with teens but he's obsessed with them and their sexuality. R409, if Renfro was already shooting up heroin at that point I doubt anyone can really blame Clark for being an enabler. I vaguely remember him telling in that podcast that Renfro's drug use was a huge problem for the production. As with Van Sant I doubt he was there to offer the needle. It's possible he did use drugs to get him to star in his film, though, but who can tell. I've personally walked away from people whom I've known to be addicts since they are the most untrustworthy people there are.

Renfro was, sad to say, already a lost cause at that point. I mean, a movie star shooting up heroin at 18? Where was his family? It's still amazing that Drew Barrymore managed to leave the drugs behind her and ended up having a normal enough life.

by Anonymousreply 414December 26, 2021 8:07 PM

And the Atlantic is a notorious schlocky bullshit magazine with questionable credibility.

by Anonymousreply 415December 26, 2021 8:08 PM

r414 Actors have to pass physicals and drug tests. The insurance requires it. The finance company requires it. Gus did not shoot up with any actors while filming. Impossible. And I doubt Larry did that too. Making a film is so high stress that you can't afford to be intoxicated. Plus, the last thing you want is an unreliable inebriated actor on your set, too.

by Anonymousreply 416December 26, 2021 8:15 PM

“ Singer’s lawyer said there were no records of Valdovinos being an extra and even questioned why Valdovinos didn’t produce a pay stub or other documentation”

Absolutely no proof of him having been on the movie. They would want some proof of he were a woman accusing a heterosexual director of child molestation. The burden of proof is far lower when gays are concerned.

Also the pic he gave the Atlantic is him sitting shirtless in a locker room? Yeah he’s not thirsty for followers or attention AT ALL 🤣

Does anyone have the old article that debunked the smear campaign against singer in the late 90s? I think it was Movieline magazine or some other movie magazine. Can’t seem to find it.

by Anonymousreply 417December 26, 2021 8:18 PM

Gays, like women, need to stop acting like perpetual victims.

by Anonymousreply 418December 26, 2021 8:19 PM

The Atlantic article was perfectly timed with the voting for the Academy Awards. The publicists for one of the competing films against Bohemian Rhapsody, arranged for the article to be published when it was. It was so obvious. Shady shit happens in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 419December 26, 2021 8:22 PM

There is something called an "Exhibit-G" on all films sets. It is where the actors are "signed in" and "signed out" every day that they work. The Screen Actor's Guild" requires it. It keeps track of pay so that an actor can't claim that they worked but didn't get paid. It protects the actors and the production companies. That document is then delivered to the guild where they keep it on file forever. There would be a record of every actor that appeared on camera or was on set. The guy is lying and the Atlantic KNOWS that the article is complete bullshit and made up fantasy. All they have to do is "imply" that something improper happened and they are legally not liable.

by Anonymousreply 420December 26, 2021 8:29 PM

[quote]And the Atlantic is a notorious schlocky bullshit magazine with questionable credibility.

That's just a bullshit sweeping generalization that doesn't disprove anything cited in the article.

On December 7, 2017, three days after The Hollywood Reporter broke the news of Singer’s firing, a Seattle man named Cesar Sanchez-Guzman filed a lawsuit against the director, alleging that Singer had raped him in 2003, when Sanchez-Guzman was 17. The day after that, Deadline Hollywood published an interview with a former boyfriend of Singer’s, Bret Tyler Skopek, in which Skopek described a lifestyle of drugs and orgies.

According to multiple sources, Fox had no idea that the Sanchez-Guzman lawsuit was coming when the studio fired Singer. Still, Sanchez-Guzman’s claims shouldn’t have been much of a surprise. Almost from the moment his star began to rise, Singer, who is now 53, has been trailed by allegations of sexual misconduct. These allegations were so well known that 4,000 students, faculty members, and alumni at the University of Southern California had signed a petition asking the school to take Singer’s name off one of its programs, the Bryan Singer Division of Cinema and Media Studies—which the school did immediately after Sanchez-Guzman filed his suit. As one prominent actor told us, “After the Harvey Weinstein news came out, everyone thought Bryan Singer would be next.”

by Anonymousreply 421December 26, 2021 9:39 PM

We spent 12 months investigating various lawsuits and allegations against Singer. In total, we spoke with more than 50 sources, including four men who have never before told their stories to reporters. A man we’ll call Eric told us that he was 17 in 1997 when he and Singer had sex at a party at the director’s house; another we’ll call Andy says he was only 15 that same year, when he and Singer had sex in a Beverly Hills mansion. Both men say Singer, who was then in his early 30s, knew they were under 18, the age of consent in California. (They asked The Atlantic to conceal their identity for fear of retaliation, and because they didn’t want certain details about their past made public.)

The portrait of Singer that emerges is of a troubled man who surrounded himself with vulnerable teenage boys, many of them estranged from their families. Their accounts suggest that Singer didn’t act alone; he was aided by friends and associates who brought him young men. And he was abetted, in a less direct way, by an industry in which a record of producing hits confers immense power: Many of the sources we interviewed insisted, out of fear of damaging their own career, that we withhold their name, even as they expressed dismay at the behavior they’d witnessed.

by Anonymousreply 422December 26, 2021 9:42 PM

ALL these stories and witnesses and they're ALL lying? Come on.

by Anonymousreply 423December 26, 2021 9:43 PM

They only exist for the purpose of the story. And who vetted the sources? The Atlantic? Or the "journalist". And "Fearing retaliation". Haha. You mean getting sued for slander. This "journalist" also kept referring to the alleged victim as "the boy" or "the teen" or what have you. When the guy was over 18. Using salacious language to give the "allegations" drama and credibility. The Atlantic is crap and so is the article.

Hustlers will hustle to get a cash settlement. If anyone had ANY proof they would sue for MILLIONS. But no one has. Why not. If you could make MILLIONS? Michael Jackson's accuser got 20 Million! How can anyone prove that guy was in Bryan Singer's home in 1997!!! They don't have to. They just have to claim it and people like you believe it.

by Anonymousreply 424December 26, 2021 10:10 PM

R407, the way it works is that the creeps can spot the gay kids and use their natural interest in sex to manipulate them.

They do not "corrupt" the kids. They manipulate them. There is nothing mutual so it is not about the kid's needs being met. It is only about the older man's pleasure--because they also use the kids inexperience as a way to keep it all about the older man.

This should never be anyone early sexual experience.

That

by Anonymousreply 425December 26, 2021 10:28 PM

Poor little whore. At 18 he wanted cut celebrity peen and he got cut celebrity peen. At 30 he wants several million bucks, but he's not going to get it.

by Anonymousreply 426December 26, 2021 10:37 PM

Singer is a bottom, ladies

by Anonymousreply 427December 26, 2021 10:46 PM

For some reason people don't like the idea that many older gay enjoy bottoming or giving blowjobs to hot young guys. Being on the receiving end is not submissive.

by Anonymousreply 428December 26, 2021 10:50 PM

R425, sex is awkward for anyone at first, no matter who you're with. And I'm sorry but who are you to say what young men like and don't like sexually? How on earth can you claim with a straight face that a young man doesn't get intense pleasure from fucking older guys? You're practically saying young men are unable to make coherent decisions about their sex life which is total bs.

I mean, seriously, we're talking about people who are old enough to drive, to buy booze (in certain places), to go to the military and war, and yet you act like they're precious little babies who don't understand human relationships at all.

Are you male or female? You sound like someone who refuses to accept that her son started wanking furiously at 12, started being active sexually with others at 15, and when not getting the real thing is fucking his Fleshlight furiously many times a week. The kid, aka an 18 yo man, is not a child anymore, and he certainly knows if he wants to get laid or not. Besides getting truly raped men tend to only have sex when they want to.

And obviously I'm not talking about 13 or 15 years olds here, but 18 years olds, who are adults in many ways.

by Anonymousreply 429December 26, 2021 11:53 PM

He should go hang out with Alex Burton - they can form a support group.

by Anonymousreply 430December 27, 2021 12:00 AM

"He was 18 when he began his relationship with Singer. That’s legal. "

Trauma happens all the time in legal relationships.

by Anonymousreply 431December 27, 2021 3:33 AM

It wasn't a real relationship though. Blake was exchanging sex for money and services from Singer. He was not in love with Singer and most likely would have dropped Singer once he got everything he wanted. Blake was pissed off Singer dumped him for a new boy toy and as a result didn't get the career he desired.

by Anonymousreply 432December 27, 2021 3:37 AM

I'm a professional actor and have played major roles in TV and on film and have never heard of Exhibit G. Is that something for extras?

by Anonymousreply 433December 27, 2021 5:01 AM

r433 You don't know that the the Second AD's are keeping track of the talent at every moment. If you leave set to go to another set and then return to the first set, you are being monitored at all times. That's the job of the Second AD. They are in charge of all Talent, especially "under age Talent". They work with the Social Workers AND the Parents of anyone under age 18.

by Anonymousreply 434December 27, 2021 5:16 AM

When is John Palermo going to pen and essay titled “My Traumatizing Years With Hugh Jackman?0

by Anonymousreply 435December 27, 2021 8:16 AM

Oh, shit. Clark's as creepy as Singer. Maybe more so. His time is coming.

by Anonymousreply 436December 27, 2021 9:51 AM

Imagine if Mr. Singer had directed Power of the Dog, there would have been a months long, world tour for the casting of Peter, the type of which hasn’t been scene since the casting of Scarlet O’Hara.

by Anonymousreply 437December 27, 2021 11:29 AM

R436, to his credit, if you can use the term here, Clark seems to have always been open about his creepiness. I mean pretty much everything he's done has revolved around teen sexuality. It doesn't take a genius to realize it's a very personal thing for him. I still remember watching Kids and wondering what is this. And then Ken Park. He certainly has his own nihilistic view on teen sexuality.

BTW, anyone who doesn't know their history should take a look at teen porn from the 70s. Both in Europe and in the US they made tons of it. It's not surprising at all that teen porn is still one of the major genres in the industry. This all connects together with Hollywood as well.

by Anonymousreply 438December 27, 2021 11:38 AM

R429. who am I?

When I was a teen I was one of those kids an older man singled out.

And it does mess you up.

It took about a decade to get over the mess.

by Anonymousreply 439December 27, 2021 2:16 PM

r433 Sweetie, they don't use Exhibit-G's in porn.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440December 27, 2021 11:34 PM

R439, I'm sorry for you. Still, it goes without saying that people are different. Some, maybe more naive guys are groomed by older men, some youngsters go out seeking older men pay the bills. No idea what happened to you but love affairs can be hard in many ways, especially for young people, even without any kind of manipulation going on. If you were 18 and were not coerced to do anything against your will, I'm sorry but my sympathy levels go way down, although yes, I get what you're saying. My days of being a teen are decades behind and I'm using my own life experience, and the lives of others I've witnessed, as my moral guide.

There's no denying that people get used and people use others all the time. When people first meet me I can come off as extremely self-assertive and cocky, and even as a bit of a selfish asshole. You don't believe what a turn-on that is to some people. And such a disappointment when it turns out that deep inside I'm a golden retriever puppy. I've been dropped so many times when people realize that.

It took me some time to realize that when Eurythmics sang, 'Sweet dreams are made of these, Who am I to disagree... Some of them want to use you, Some of them want to get used by you', that they were speaking the truth. Some people are more than happy to be led by others, they want it. Obviously when things turn into coercion and violence we're not talking about a healthy relationship anymore. And obviously I'd like to think that in a relationship both are equal but sometimes things just aren't like that.

by Anonymousreply 441December 28, 2021 12:23 AM

People defensing Singer, I'm sure Epstein never did anything illegal or indefensible, either. You people have an agenda and it's not a wholesome or healthy one. This is the hill you choose to die on? Defending abusive, sick scumbags? You must be no better.

by Anonymousreply 442December 28, 2021 4:18 AM

It’s silly to compare it to Epstein that was paying minors for “massages” there’s a money trail and that’s what nailed him. With singer there isn’t. Just bullshit that originated because fraud were disgusted by pics of an all male gay pool party

by Anonymousreply 443December 28, 2021 4:23 AM

*fraus

by Anonymousreply 444December 28, 2021 4:23 AM

R438. You're right. Clark doesn't really hide his creep. Also, I think he may either have some restraint or his "Relationships" end amicably. I haven't read any Singer-like stories about him from pissed-off "Victims."

by Anonymousreply 445December 28, 2021 10:55 AM

R438, "to his credit" Ted Bundy finally admitted to being a serial killer.

by Anonymousreply 446December 28, 2021 11:01 AM

R446, we're now comparing Larry Clark to Ted Bundy? I just meant that anyone who's ever seen Kids pretty much knows what tickles Clark's fancy. BTW, he's a father of 3, and in an interview said he's happy his kids haven't used drugs. So who knows what he's really like. This from the same interview, and if people don't know he started as a photographer until becoming a film director.

[bold] Sometimes your work is very disturbing. Do you think that art should have any boundaries?[/bold]

Well there has got to be some things you can't do. You can’t kill people, you can’t hurt children; of course there are some limits.

But I think that almost any part of the human experience is the human experience and why can’t we reflect it? I come from a period back in the ’50s when Eisenhower was president, and when I was a young kid everything was hidden. No one talked about drugs or child abuse or any of those issues. In America it just wasn’t supposed to be happening. But I saw kids come to school with black eyes and their parents beat them up and I knew kids with alcoholic and drug-addicted parents.

[bold] What about child abuse?[/bold]

I was in junior high school with a girl who had five brothers, and they were all fucking her so her father probably was too. Everybody knew it, but this was never discussed. You never heard about these things. So when I started making work, I said, “Why can’t you show everything?” There were great photographers doing great things but they pulled their punches – there were certain things that you just couldn’t see.

[bold] And you felt like you had to show them?[/bold]

I started thinking, “Why can’t you see everything?” If people had been making these photographs, well then I wouldn’t have had to make them. I always felt that. If somebody else were doing it then I wouldn’t have had to do it. These are just things that I see going on that are very important in a lot of other people’s lives. So it is just the way that we are as human beings at this point in time.

by Anonymousreply 447December 28, 2021 11:34 AM

R447 I was going to respond to R446, but it was such a stretch, I figured it'd be a waste.

by Anonymousreply 448December 28, 2021 12:02 PM

And I was going to read R447 but I fell asleep midway through.

by Anonymousreply 449December 28, 2021 12:04 PM

Sometimes exaggeration is needed to wake the dead minded.

by Anonymousreply 450December 28, 2021 1:55 PM

Larry Clark is a provocateur. Many directors do like to push boundaries for their art. He is hit or miss got me. Bully was probably his best film. His films are accused of being "nihilistic" but I feel he's actually a moralizer. His films condemn the lifestyle of the subjects. I prefer Harmony Korine because he humanizes his subjects and isn't nearly as preachy in his writing.

by Anonymousreply 451December 28, 2021 2:12 PM

In public, Singer parades around 18-year-olds who look 14. You have to wonder what he's doing in private.

Even if he only fucks twinks that are past their 18th birthday, it's still clear that he's an abusive creep, and I have no desire to see any of his films ever again.

by Anonymousreply 452January 5, 2022 9:01 PM

Those pictures of Brad Renfro shooting up are really disturbing. But sadly reality. Lots of teenagers end up hooked on drugs. Heroin is the one drug I think should be illegal. Just no way to avoid getting addicted if you try it. And at 17-18, you just don’t accept what everyone tells you without wanting to try it first for yourself. At least for me. Very grateful I never was offered heroin,

by Anonymousreply 453January 6, 2022 2:14 AM

I don't know why everyone keep saying Singer only has been with 18 year olds, there's way too much evidence that he's been with younger guys.

by Anonymousreply 454January 6, 2022 2:20 PM

My theory is that he mostly sticks to young-looking 18-year-olds nowadays, but still "treats himself" to a 12-16 year old every once in a while, if only for the thrill of knowing he's fucking an actual minor. He probably has his trusted sources for boys who'd never speak to police, and whom no one cares about (undocumented immigrants? homeless youth?).

by Anonymousreply 455January 7, 2022 12:45 AM

[quote]In public, Singer parades around 18-year-olds who look 14. You have to wonder what he's doing in private.

An adult (18+) who looks younger for me is a major turn on. But I would NEVER be inappropriate with an underage minor. EVER.

by Anonymousreply 456January 9, 2022 9:54 PM

Let's be honest, plenty of teen guys look older and are attractive - just like dad is attracted to his daughter's friends who have tits and whatever at 16 or 17. It doesn't mean you're going to do anything about it. And you're a sick fuck if you do. But to say you're never attracted to kids who are older teens, who have adult features, who are tall, or have muscles, or shave - come on. Why wouldn't they be attractive? But you don't touch.

by Anonymousreply 457January 9, 2022 10:12 PM

Singer was never remotely physically attractive, and insisted on making that stupid fucking face (seen @ R5) in every goddamn photo...as if it were going to help. It didn't make him appear sexy...just idiotic. It's as cringeworthy as the "ducklips" trend. His exterior is as revolting as the rest of him.

by Anonymousreply 458January 9, 2022 11:53 PM

But many of Singer's twinks DON'T look like young adults. The guy in the article looked like a kid when he started dating Singer--he looked barely pubescent. That speaks to a much darker fetish on Singer's part than being attracted to a teen who looks grown up.

by Anonymousreply 459January 10, 2022 1:45 PM

R459 Yes I think that's why he dates them, dear.

by Anonymousreply 460January 10, 2022 4:44 PM

Yes, dear, I realize that. Which speaks to my point that Singer is a sick fuck who probably does fuck fourteen-year-olds when he can get away with it. He isn't like those suburban dads staring at their daughters' friends' overdeveloped teenage tits. The point of Singer's twinks is that they look barely pubescent.

by Anonymousreply 461January 10, 2022 6:41 PM

Horny dads with an eye for teen tits don't create an entire career full of opportunities to charm and make promises to needy/ambitious teenage girls on and off film sets. Not all of them anyway. Not the same thing. Stop defending/normalizing this sleaze bag.

by Anonymousreply 462January 10, 2022 7:27 PM

Gloria Grahame was also a sleaze bag, she slept with her 13 year old stepson. I was making the point that adults sometimes find underage teens attractive but you're not a sleaze bag until you act on it. Singer has acted on it (at least I think so, I believe the accusations). So believe me, I am not normalizing or defending him, I think he's garbage.

Otoh if he wants to go out with a consenting adult who's 18, that is up to the consenting adult as well as Singer, and there's not a lot the law can do about that, regardless of how young the 18 year old looks. It's like Tom Daley and Austin Lance Black when they first hooked up, it's legal so let the buyer beware, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 463January 11, 2022 7:18 PM

It's legal, but it speaks to a warped, perverted personality. Singer can be warped and perverted within the confines of the law if he likes, but I don't want to watch his movies.

by Anonymousreply 464January 12, 2022 2:50 PM

[quote] My theory is that he mostly sticks to young-looking 18-year-olds nowadays, but still "treats himself" to a 12-16 year old every once in a while, if only for the thrill of knowing he's fucking an actual minor.

That's only a theory, not a fact, but it seems you and some others here seem to take it as gospel. Then you get all worked up when you're told it's not pedophilia to fuck people over 18. You're basing your hate on your own fantasies. And yes, Singer likes teen guys but judging by his history they are at least over 16. Is he into kids as young as you're insinuating? Who knows, could be, but the guy this thread is about was over 18 when they started dating.

And I'm fairly certain he knew what he was getting into, and he most certainly could've left any time he wanted to. He was an adult and was used by an older man because he agreed to it. He was not a baby, not a 12 to16 yo kid but an 18-year-old. You can fantasize all you want about Singer's proclivities but that doesn't make it real.

Quite frankly Singer sounds like a very fragile individual who seems to have been almost suicidal at many points. To my understanding he was never violent with this guy which in itself says a lot. I personally don't view older teen guys as little babies since I was one and have known many. It sounds like many people who view them as little kids don't quite understand what young men are like behind their parents' backs. Especially young men who seek sugar daddies have left their childhood behind them ages ago.

by Anonymousreply 465January 12, 2022 3:37 PM

I hope he gets tested for butt cancer..

by Anonymousreply 466January 12, 2022 5:08 PM

Brad was asked about the Apt Pupil controversy by Dennis Cooper in a 1998 interview, here's what he said:

DC: So I guess I have to ask you about the whole Apt Pupil shower-scene controversy.

BR: I was there.

DC: A number of the extras, who are basically your age, said they were ogled by gay crew members during the shooting of that scene and consider it a form of molestation.

BR: I was there. I didn’t notice anything.

DC: So you don’t support the boys who brought the lawsuit against the film?

BR: No. As far as I know, it got thrown out of court anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 467January 12, 2022 6:10 PM

Sure, R465, serial molester Singer is the real victim here.

You and Singer are both gross.

by Anonymousreply 468January 12, 2022 10:01 PM

R465 is a bleeding heart and lover and apologist of the pedophiles, like Singer. DL does not support pedophiles, so fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 469January 12, 2022 10:07 PM

I hope he turns this into a one man fringe arts festival show, maybe called “The Night Bryan Singer Kissed Me.”

by Anonymousreply 470January 12, 2022 10:09 PM

[quote]That's only a theory, not a fact, but it seems you and some others here seem to take it as gospel. Then you get all worked up when you're told it's not pedophilia to fuck people over 18. You're basing your hate on your own fantasies. And yes, Singer likes teen guys but judging by his history they are at least over 16. Is he into kids as young as you're insinuating? Who knows, could be, but the guy this thread is about was over 18 when they started dating.

Well there are 20 kids, some under 16, who have accused him not only of coming on to them, but in some cases, rape (a 15 year old). Anyway, what do you mean "at least over 16"? The age of consent in California is 18. This means it is a crime to engage in sexual intercourse with an individual 17 years of age or younger in California. If that wasn't clear to you before, it is now.

by Anonymousreply 471January 12, 2022 10:15 PM

R465 is this was a case of someone relatively sane and normal sleeping with 18 year olds every so often and who had no history or cases being taken against him or any track record of dodgy behaviour I might agree with you.

But Singer is clearly pretty seriously fucked in the head, and there have been numerous allegations so I wouldnt be surprised if he's venturing into illegal territory when the opportunity arises

by Anonymousreply 472January 12, 2022 10:38 PM

Renfro was messed up long before Singer came along.

by Anonymousreply 473January 13, 2022 12:23 AM

[quote]You can fantasize all you want about Singer's proclivities but that doesn't make it real.

"Fantasize". Interesting choice of words. Bryan Singer has been accused of sexual abuse/harrassment by MULTIPLE teenage boys, yet you almost make it sound like people who take these allegations seriously are the real perverts.

by Anonymousreply 474January 13, 2022 1:36 AM

R473, predators tend to go after the messed up.

by Anonymousreply 475January 13, 2022 1:37 AM

When is this scum bag going to be me too'd?

by Anonymousreply 476January 13, 2022 1:53 AM

[quote] Polanski himself actually had to move abroad to avoid getting charged

Sort of but not really, Roman Polanski pled guilty and served some time but he fled to the motherland because his sentence was rumoured to be extended.

by Anonymousreply 477January 13, 2022 3:14 PM

Is the innocent little lad still traumatize?

by Anonymousreply 478January 14, 2022 8:46 AM

Regardless of the age of the guy, Singer acted like a creep and an asshole. It takes two to tango, so people are somewhat to blame when they let themselves be victimized by predators and narcissists over time. If it's someone 18-20, they haven't spent a lot of time in long-term, exclusive relationships and it's easier to play mind games with and brainwash these kids. Singer should be ashamed of himself and hopefully his ex will learn from and not repeat the experience. Being involved in this kind of abusive relationship is hard to get over.

by Anonymousreply 479January 14, 2022 1:42 PM

Uh huh.

by Anonymousreply 480January 14, 2022 4:57 PM

“Renfro was messed up long before Singer came along.”

And it was the “messed up” that caught Singer’s eye.

by Anonymousreply 481March 19, 2023 8:23 PM

He must be really laying low after Motel23.

by Anonymousreply 482March 20, 2023 1:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!