Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why did Todd Rundgren claim to be Liv Tyler's dad

She thought Rundgren was her dad until 11. Why on earth did he do that? Bebe Buell was a nut.

by Anonymousreply 48January 9, 2022 5:11 PM

My understanding is that he thought that he was her father, and Bebe told him that he was. I could be wrong though, I don't know any of these people personally.

by Anonymousreply 1December 18, 2021 10:56 PM

Liv looks more like Todd than she does Steven Tyler.

I really think Todd is her father, but he wasn't as cool or successful as Steven so Todd was cast aside.

by Anonymousreply 2December 18, 2021 11:10 PM

TODD IS HOT

by Anonymousreply 3December 19, 2021 12:01 AM

"Liv looks more like Todd than she does Steven Tyler.

I really think Todd is her father, but he wasn't as cool or successful as Steven so Todd was cast aside."

It's always amusing when someone tries to mask their stupidity with cynicism.

by Anonymousreply 4December 19, 2021 3:32 AM

It wasn't that she met Steven and was sure he was her father. She met Mia, Steve's other daughter and there was no denying the resemblance.

by Anonymousreply 5December 19, 2021 3:44 AM

Watched Stealing Beauty and it's weird how she can go from being stunningly beautiful to looking goofy and crosseyed. She's both feminine and butch. So androgynous. Rarely I've seen a woman pull it off. She looks nothing like Steven Tyler besides having big lips.

by Anonymousreply 6January 7, 2022 2:47 AM

I've never bought the Steven Tyler story. Liv is the spitting image of Todd Rundgren.

by Anonymousreply 7January 7, 2022 3:41 AM

Liv is pretty tall, definitely taller than ST. Mia has a very gummy smile and is pretty fat, she doesn't look much like Liv.

by Anonymousreply 8January 7, 2022 6:09 AM

Hello, it's me, Liv.

by Anonymousreply 9January 7, 2022 6:26 AM

Todd Rundgren is not hot yuck what the fuck?

There’s no way Liv Tyler is his daughter. If he had a daughter who looked like him she’d probably have all his hideous features.

by Anonymousreply 10January 7, 2022 6:36 AM

Hasn't this mystery already been cleared up with a simple DNA test?

by Anonymousreply 11January 7, 2022 8:09 AM

If you read Bebe’s autobiography she explains how it all went down. Bebe would have preferred to have been with Steven when she was pregnant but he was way too fucked up on drugs. She tried many times to make it work because she was not making any money of her own and needed someone she could lean on financially.

When it was clear her relationship with Steven wouldn’t work out, Todd agreed to support her even though he and Bebe were very estranged by that time. It was a mess because Bebe was used to living a certain way and Todd didn’t give her enough money to live that way anymore. They both resented the shit out of each other.

I don’t remember if Todd made one of the conditions of his support be that Steven’s paternity must be a secret. I do recall that Bebe admitted she lied to herself about it because she wished so much that Todd really was the father.

by Anonymousreply 12January 7, 2022 10:04 AM

*Bebe wished that Todd was the father once it really sunk in that she could not be with Steven.

by Anonymousreply 13January 7, 2022 10:07 AM

R12 again. Bebe’s book is a fun read. She was foolish and irresponsible during her heyday and you cringe sometimes reading it, but she was there when it was all happening in NYC.

by Anonymousreply 14January 7, 2022 10:10 AM

Your mother is the woman who gave birth to you. Your father is whoever your mother says.

by Anonymousreply 15January 7, 2022 10:14 AM

Didn’t Bebe say Liv was raised with both men in her life? That the bio father designation changed at 11, but she’s close to both? Or was that Liv? Or my wild imagination?

by Anonymousreply 16January 7, 2022 10:25 AM

After Steven got clean he was allowed into Liv’s life. He had money and fame by then so he was able to give financial support. I think Todd resented that a bit, but I could be remembering wrong.

by Anonymousreply 17January 7, 2022 10:30 AM

Liv still acknowledges Todd Rundgren as a father to her and in an interview with Alan Cummings who is also her friend, she wasn't shy in stating that when her mother as pregnant with her, she was in a pickle because neither Todd nor Steve wanted Bebe Buell. Liv has lived her life wanting the perfect family since recognising the chaos of her provenance is all about and I suspect, going for English men who didn't really want her, but wanted some of her heritage to rub off on her.

I will never understand why she got with Dave Gardner who looks like a used car salesman and has been in many a threesome involving David Beckham. There is far better American trash in Hollywood who she could have got knocked up by.

by Anonymousreply 18January 7, 2022 11:10 AM

Bebe write a book and it was boring. She’s a groupie druggie who wanted fame. She’s nuts though and the book was full of stuff like “I met Jimi Hendrix when I was walking on a suburban road and a limo pulled up.” Yeah, ok. She also for YEARS would publicly say that past hook ups were obsessed with her and were putting messages to her in their songs. They weren’t. There was a message board in the 99’s called Groupie Central. Bebe would post in it and she was shamed on there for acting nuts with her fake stories. Liv is completely faux. The parentage doesn’t matter because both Liv and Steven Tyler were ok with the creepy father daughter act to get them BOTH much needed publicity.

by Anonymousreply 19January 7, 2022 11:57 AM

Yeah, a whore groupie who lives off men and refused to work is really reliable.

by Anonymousreply 20January 7, 2022 4:51 PM

Bebe has always seemed off her rocker to me—it’s surprising that Liv seems as down to earth as she does. She comes across as soft spoken, humble, and elegant; Bebe has none of those qualities. If I remember correctly, Liv spent some of her childhood being raised by her grandmother in Maine.

by Anonymousreply 21January 7, 2022 5:01 PM

Liv Tyler does have a warm quality to her. For an "it girl" of the 90s and the daughter of a rock star, you would assume she would be a stuck-up bitch but she is not. She seems like a socially awkward tomboy who happened to blossom into a sultry-looking vixen. She is that type of actress that directors like to use as a cipher because they find her aesthetically pleasing.

by Anonymousreply 22January 7, 2022 5:05 PM

Bebe Buell and her men are a toxic train wreck. Elvis Costello (the worm turned on my opinion of him after I read about his psycho fixation on Buell) and Coyote Shivers (seriously?). Obsessive, creepy and gross.

I think she is what Courtney Love would have ended up like if she hadn't inherited Kurt's money.

by Anonymousreply 23January 7, 2022 5:10 PM

Agree with R22 - Onegin captures this quality of Liv.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 7, 2022 5:12 PM

No

by Anonymousreply 25January 7, 2022 5:13 PM

"Mama's baby; Papa's, maybe."

by Anonymousreply 26January 7, 2022 5:32 PM

[quote] Elvis Costello (the worm turned on my opinion of him after I read about his psycho fixation on Buell)

It was vice versa: She was obsessed with EC to the point that she thought he was writing songs as messages to her.

by Anonymousreply 27January 7, 2022 6:15 PM

It's hard to tell who she resembles more, Tyler or Rundgren, because none of us have ever seen Tyler's original face.

Bitch has had so much plastic surgery, he's an honorary Beverly Hills Lizard Woman!

by Anonymousreply 28January 7, 2022 8:10 PM

Didn't Costello become enraged with Buell after he found out she had an abortion? What did he expect from a career groupie? This was during his drinking days. I don't know if he's become a better person sober. Eric Clapton sure hasn't.

by Anonymousreply 29January 7, 2022 8:13 PM

[quote]she was just nine years old when she went backstage at an Aerosmith concert and positively identified its frontman, Steven Tyler, as her biological father just by looking at him. Before that, she’d been under the impression that her father was a different rock musician, Todd Rundgren, who is listed on her birth certificate and who raised her as his own. But once she saw Mr. Tyler in the flesh, there was no denying that face, nor the wealth of mannerisms she’s since found she shares with her father and other members of the extended Tyler family.

[quote]In 2017, Ms. Tyler and her father underwent genetic testing for an episode of “Who Do You Think You Are,” revealing at least five generations of musicians and performers before them in their family tree. Ms. Tyler wasn’t surprised in the slightest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30January 7, 2022 8:23 PM

Liv looks exactly like Todd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31January 7, 2022 8:30 PM

[quote]Didn't Costello become enraged with Buell after he found out she had an abortion?

According to whom, Bebe? You can't believe most of what she says.

by Anonymousreply 32January 7, 2022 8:38 PM

She really takes after Todd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 7, 2022 8:39 PM

[quote]Mia has a very gummy smile and is pretty fat, [bold]she doesn't look much like Liv.[/bold]

R8, how can you look at them and not see how they look like they're related?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34January 7, 2022 8:56 PM

The look like they're either sisters or cousins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 7, 2022 8:57 PM

What does weight have to do with it anyway?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 7, 2022 8:58 PM

[quote] Why on earth did he do that?

Why do you care?

by Anonymousreply 37January 7, 2022 9:00 PM

Steven Tyler is so ugly and weird-looking. It's amazing his daughters were fortunate to come out looking normal. Liv ended up as the beauty.

by Anonymousreply 38January 7, 2022 10:29 PM

Here's what came up when I googled "Steven Tyler's children". The gal on the left is quite good-looking too, although she's inherited Steve's wide mouth in a narrow face.

But who's the young man on the right? He looks nothing at all like Tyler, is he a stepson?

by Anonymousreply 39January 7, 2022 10:36 PM

R12 I heard that Todd is currently pretty well off because he's not a big spender and he did a lot of producing, which is where the money is.

by Anonymousreply 40January 7, 2022 10:46 PM

R19 I loved Groupie Central. I remember Bebe had a lot of fans on their until she started posting.

Didn't she get Coyote Shives to post there too at one point?

by Anonymousreply 41January 7, 2022 10:51 PM

R40 yeah I think he was doing well during the Bebe years too. He just didn’t want to indulge her financially once they broke up. He gave her enough to live on but not enough to party on like she was used to. She was angry about that.

by Anonymousreply 42January 7, 2022 11:58 PM

In the early 1980s, I worked at a club where Bebe performed when she was attempting to be a solo performer/recording artist. She was dating Richard Butler of the Psychedelic Furs at the time. Butler, his brother Tim and a bunch of the Furs attended the show. She was AWFUL. Had a voice that could raise the cows from the dead. Not a shred of talent.

by Anonymousreply 43January 8, 2022 12:11 AM

[quote] Bebe Buell and her men are a toxic train wreck. Elvis Costello (the worm turned on my opinion of him after I read about his psycho fixation on Buell) and Coyote Shivers (seriously?). Obsessive, creepy and gross.

She liked ugly rocks stars; Mick Jagger, Elvis Costello, Todd Rundgren, Steven Tyler, Rod Stewart. The only good looking rock star was Jimmy Page. And don't forget Stiv Bators. He looked like walking syphilis but she found him hot because, she said, he looked like a weasel and she likes weasels. He was engaged but one night she told the girlfriend "I'm stealin' him" and they went off together. She is definitely batshit crazy. Can you imagine her and Bators together, her kissing him and letting her put his dingus inside her, that hideous creature dumping a load of semen in her? She's crazy.

Rundgren dumped Buell for Karen Darvin, a tall, skinny redhead who had previously been Bruce Springsteen's girlfriend. They married, had two children, and eventually divorced.

by Anonymousreply 44January 8, 2022 12:15 AM

She has an ugly lisp.

by Anonymousreply 45January 8, 2022 9:42 PM

Bebe or Liv?

by Anonymousreply 46January 8, 2022 11:18 PM

Bebe

by Anonymousreply 47January 9, 2022 5:06 PM

I find it kind of charming. I know Bebe rubs a lot of people the wrong way and for good reason but I like her.

by Anonymousreply 48January 9, 2022 5:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!