Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHERE ARE ALL THE POLICE?

You’ve got crime going on in broad daylight. People are speeding and driving like maniacs. Stores are being looted every week by organized crime. People are being beat up and mugged in the streets. We haven’t heard of white collar criminals being busted in a long time. The cops have given up

Are the police pulling an Atlas Shrugged?

by Anonymousreply 96January 14, 2022 8:09 PM

God forbid black people have a protest. Then the cops show up in phalanx form with bazookas.

by Anonymousreply 1December 15, 2021 11:38 PM

Not a single police department has been defunded. They got more money in 2021 than ever.

What gives?

by Anonymousreply 2December 15, 2021 11:38 PM

OP, you are exaggerating. There was more crime in the 80s (when your idol Ronald Reagan was in the White House) than there is now. Stop trolling.

by Anonymousreply 3December 15, 2021 11:38 PM

They get their feewings hurt because black people demanded to stop being killed?

Why was that so wrong?

by Anonymousreply 4December 15, 2021 11:39 PM

But where are the police though?

They are not doing police work. They don’t arrest anyone or make patrols anymore.

When was the last time you were pulled for speeding?

by Anonymousreply 5December 15, 2021 11:39 PM

[quote]When was the last time you were pulled for speeding?

Uh ...

by Anonymousreply 6December 15, 2021 11:41 PM

Why haven’t they busted up the organized crime? DOESN Louis Vitton want the cops to do their jobs? Don’t they have sway? LVHM is a powerful company.

The cops are just letting happen so the crime looks out of control under Biden. My guess is Union orders to stand down under democratic leadership and let the crime purposely get out of control.

by Anonymousreply 7December 15, 2021 11:41 PM

Why would people blame Biden and not the local police forces.

How is it Biden’s fault that crime has increased?

I think the local cops are responsible in conjunction with the FBI.

It’s not Biden’s job to control crime.

by Anonymousreply 8December 15, 2021 11:43 PM

So tired of all the RWNJ trying to roost. No one here believes you and you can be seen a mile away. Go home or just DIAGF. We don’t want you here.

by Anonymousreply 9December 15, 2021 11:43 PM

Violent crime went up in 2020, but has already started to decrease in the last half of 2021.

Property crime actually hasn't gone up OP, so you concern that stores being looted at out of control rates is made up.

Facts > bullshit

by Anonymousreply 10December 15, 2021 11:45 PM

This is a left wing stance you idiot. The right wing is saying that the crime is out of control. The left is saying…wait a minute…why are the police suddenly standing down?

by Anonymousreply 11December 15, 2021 11:45 PM

When right wingers cry about the “looting and violence in the streets” just ask them where are the police?

They are standing down and trying to amplify the crime rates, even though they have gone down.

by Anonymousreply 12December 15, 2021 11:46 PM

When Fox News shows reel after reel of crime on their B roll, the question must be asked: where are the police?

by Anonymousreply 13December 15, 2021 11:47 PM

magats and proud boys.

by Anonymousreply 14December 15, 2021 11:47 PM

[quote]OP, you are exaggerating. There was more crime in the 80s (when your idol Ronald Reagan was in the White House) than there is now. Stop trolling.

I lived through the 80s. The threat is much different today.

This is San Francisco's mayor. Listen to her speech.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 15, 2021 11:47 PM

You can’t back the blue if they don’t even try to fight crime.

by Anonymousreply 16December 15, 2021 11:47 PM

I've seen a few setting in their cars playing with their phones.

by Anonymousreply 17December 15, 2021 11:47 PM

Again, WHERE IS LAW ENFORCEMENT WITH THE STORE LOOTINGS? THEY USUALLY GO AFTER THESE ORGANIZED CRIME RINGS. WHY ARE THEY STANDING DOWN?

by Anonymousreply 18December 15, 2021 11:49 PM

Who is behind these planned, organized and professionally executed heists?

It’s not protesters or democrats. It’s a professional ring.

by Anonymousreply 19December 15, 2021 11:50 PM

The crime rate now is *nothing* compared to the 80s to early 90s r15.

This is why facts are better than statements about "how I feel" because people are often wrong.

by Anonymousreply 20December 15, 2021 11:50 PM

Take your Ritalin, Mary!

by Anonymousreply 21December 15, 2021 11:51 PM

A ride in crime is a job for law enforcement to solve.

Republicans need to stop blaming democrats and put responsibility where it lies: with the police.

by Anonymousreply 22December 15, 2021 11:52 PM

*rise

by Anonymousreply 23December 15, 2021 11:52 PM

What are police departments doing with the billions of dollars in Covid aid they received.?

They already get hundreds of billions of dollars to begin with.

Where does it go? It’s not being allocated to fight crime. What are police departments spending the billion dollar windfalls on?

There should be cops everywhere. Crime should be zero with this kind of gravy train coming in.

by Anonymousreply 24December 15, 2021 11:54 PM

Everybody getting it now?

by Anonymousreply 25December 16, 2021 12:01 AM

OP, I'm sure you get tired of constantly being told this but: fuck you and get out of here!

by Anonymousreply 26December 16, 2021 12:04 AM

In my city the cocksuckers got emergency pay the entire pandemic. Yet you never saw one. Still dont. We've got fucking drivebys happening every night yet no arrests,no convictions. I firmly believe the pigs are doing this shit on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 27December 16, 2021 12:06 AM

Fox News and NY post are so “concerned” with crime so who do they hold accountable? You never hear them ask where the cops are. They blame democrats for crime. And “inner cities” but they leave the part out about LAW ENFORCEMENT. Who are AWOL.

If you think crime is out of control, start there.

I know that crime has gone down but you can’t tell them that. So why don’t they ask were are the police?

by Anonymousreply 28December 16, 2021 12:10 AM

The traffic thing is crazy though. That is legit.

by Anonymousreply 29December 16, 2021 12:10 AM

[quote]The crime rate now is *nothing* compared to the 80s to early 90s [R15]. This is why facts are better than statements about "how I feel" because people are often wrong.

Tell that to the voters of Eric Adams, tell it to London Breed.

Tell it to the American public:

"President Joe Biden is facing significant skepticism from the American public, with his job approval rating lagging across a range of major issues, including new lows for his handling of crime..."

"Biden also sees lagging support for his handling of rising rates of violence in many places across the county. As the national murder rates see historic jumps, only a little more than 1 in 3 Americans (36%) approve of Biden's handling of crime" (ABC News Dec, 12th)

Oh, but they're stupid right?

Look, no one gives a rats ass about the 1980s. It is the year 2021.

Crime rates have risen. And people are concerned.

by Anonymousreply 30December 16, 2021 12:11 AM

they are too busy with all the Karens calling. The Police Union is a white supremist organization. this is how nazi gemany fall. It was easy for Hilter to get the Police and the Violent. We are in serious trouble.

by Anonymousreply 31December 16, 2021 12:11 AM

Don’t let them pull this “it’s because they were defended” crap on here. No sale! The departments are getting BRINKS TRUCKS FULL OF CASH and then not enforcing the law. It’s a scam.

This isn’t democrats fault, for all their flaws. This is the fault of law enforcement.

by Anonymousreply 32December 16, 2021 12:12 AM

In my midwestern flyover podunk town, it was printed in the paper about 4 years ago that the top 15 people in the police dept. costs $2,500,000 per year including insurance and retirement funding. That's $167,000 pp per year.

by Anonymousreply 33December 16, 2021 12:13 AM

They are derailed in their duty if crime does go up. It’s not civilians jobs to patrol protests in Wisconsin. Why didn’t the cops intervene?

I swear they are letting all this happen while they file their nails and wait for the pensions and I believe it comes from the top.

Cops are making their own cities dangerous and some of them will suffer when a family member gets robbed or assaulted because criminals think they can do whatever they want.

I don’t think the rank and file want it this way. The brass and Union do want chaos because it serves them politically.

by Anonymousreply 34December 16, 2021 12:15 AM

they don't solve crimes. they don't prevent crimes. They are a bunch of white supremists who are targeting us now. They abuse the LGBT comunity. It is very, very bad.

by Anonymousreply 35December 16, 2021 12:15 AM

See if you can get any cops to help you between now and the mid-terms.

It ain’t gonna happen and now you know why.

You’re welcome.

by Anonymousreply 36December 16, 2021 12:16 AM

the police are the ones that are backing crazy people getting militarilized weapons, even kids. This is how they vote too.

by Anonymousreply 37December 16, 2021 12:17 AM

R27 knows.

by Anonymousreply 38December 16, 2021 12:18 AM

You notice the only unions that the right isn't interested in busting are police unions.

by Anonymousreply 39December 16, 2021 12:18 AM

R15, if you lived through the 80s you clearly weren't paying attention. There was way more crime back then

by Anonymousreply 40December 16, 2021 12:18 AM

Police are magas and qanonn psychos now. They are white supremists.

by Anonymousreply 41December 16, 2021 12:19 AM

This is a deriliction of duty and hope any police departments that are intentially ignoring crime to set a chaotic stage for the mid terms should be sued by every victim in town. They have plenty of cash for payouts.

A lawsuit would allow citizens to depose some of the rank and file they will admit under oath that they have been ordered to let crime happen on purpose.

by Anonymousreply 42December 16, 2021 12:20 AM

The first karen ever prosecuted is a Black Man.

by Anonymousreply 43December 16, 2021 12:22 AM

R40 No, I was paying attention. I lived in Manhattan. Crime was higher but confined to certain neighborhoods. The headlines were quite different.

And that is why people today are asking for an Eric Adams and not a Maya Wiley.

by Anonymousreply 44December 16, 2021 12:22 AM

[quote]WHERE ARE ALL THE POLICE?

Sting had a decent solo career. Can't say the same for Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland.

by Anonymousreply 45December 16, 2021 12:26 AM

[quote] People are speeding and driving like maniacs. Stores are being looted every week by organized crime. People are being beat up and mugged in the streets.

Mary!!

by Anonymousreply 46December 16, 2021 12:27 AM

You can’t have it both ways.

You can’t say democrats are at fault for increased crime

And at the same time completely ignore law enforcement’s role and pretend on Fox News like these is not the cause. Like nothing to see here. Just daily reports of carnage in the streets and the democrats are at fault. It’s absolutely insane.

by Anonymousreply 47December 16, 2021 12:28 AM

They're noticeably absent. Very few to be seen policing the highways and roads. Too many are stealing their paychecks these days. Where are the Feds to call this out?

by Anonymousreply 48December 16, 2021 12:32 AM

[quote] We haven’t heard of white collar criminals being busted in a long time.

White collar criminals get busted everyday, you just don’t hear about it because it’s like, a random person in Florida defrauding the Medicare system, or companies who make cardboard fixing prices. It’s not going to be front page of the NYT.

by Anonymousreply 49December 16, 2021 12:36 AM

It’s up to us to point this out to our deplorable relatives. When they make domestic violence calls to the police, don’t expect anyone to show up.

by Anonymousreply 50December 16, 2021 12:36 AM

I bet in the red counties though, when jethro’s tractor is stolen, that they show up in 5 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 51December 16, 2021 12:37 AM

“random person in Florida defrauding the Medicare system,”

I plead the 5th

by Anonymousreply 52December 16, 2021 12:38 AM

Wow. This thread has so many stupid people asking why the KKK cops aren’t doing their job?

Really? Your dumb asses can’t figure that out?

Well I’m a very kind person so I’ll tell you the truth. You’re stupid.

by Anonymousreply 53December 16, 2021 12:39 AM

Do not let another mention of crime in this country go without this point being addressed. It’s up to us. Don’t let even one more person blame Biden for this. This can only happen if everybody just gives up.

Too many false narratives from the right have gone in for too long. Enough is enough.

by Anonymousreply 54December 16, 2021 12:41 AM

Cops aren't perfect. But without them blacks would loot, rape, and murder to their heart's content. Not all of them but a sizeable number. Everyone knows that. It's not a popular thing to say out loud. But every person with a brain can agree. Even if they're afraid to admit it.

by Anonymousreply 55December 16, 2021 12:43 AM

"More than 20 major cities have reduced police budgets in some form, and activists are fighting to ensure that is only the start"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56December 16, 2021 12:44 AM

Sounds like the police are on a protest of their own...

by Anonymousreply 57December 16, 2021 12:46 AM

R55, can you point out the black guy here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58December 16, 2021 12:46 AM

R58 Those people are trash. I don't dispute that.

by Anonymousreply 59December 16, 2021 12:49 AM

R56 is 3 card Monty, right wing antics at work. Any minuscule bud next cuts could have easily been offset by buying less tanks and machine guns and using the money for personnel and patrols, the twin pillars of crime prevention.

So let’s not do the articles as manipulation thing and get call out the truth here. The right wing is in cahoots with overseas backing and now possible the police unions to turn the US into a lawless mafia state run buy the criminal elite, with Trump as the face.

by Anonymousreply 60December 16, 2021 12:49 AM

The dope at R60 is so stupid he doesn't realize that the Guardian is a preeminent Left leaning publication.

by Anonymousreply 61December 16, 2021 12:56 AM

OP = proof Meghan McCain is on DL

by Anonymousreply 62December 16, 2021 12:58 AM

The Covid windfalls dwarf any minuscule budget cuts and it’s not the citizens job to manage budgets, the priorities need to be made at the top. The resources should be going to patrols and busting up these rings instead of letting them fester to prove a point.

It’s all so Ayn Rand.

by Anonymousreply 63December 16, 2021 1:10 AM

When the Mayor of San Francisco declares war on crime, you know the political landscape is crumbling under the feet of the progressives. Defund the police is the self inflicted wound than keeps on giving (for Republicans). Maybe the cops don't want to end up sued or on trial. Isn't the next step for progressives, allowing individuals cops to be sued by private citizens? That should really motivate them to do their jobs.

by Anonymousreply 64December 18, 2021 2:09 AM

At your mama’s house, OP. Pulling a train.

by Anonymousreply 65December 18, 2021 2:22 AM

They are being petulant bitch babies, because they can't run things the way they want.

by Anonymousreply 66December 18, 2021 2:36 AM

It’s getting worse. There are no cops anywhere there is zero law enforcement going on. They are encouraging crime to make democrats look bad.

by Anonymousreply 67January 14, 2022 12:38 PM

Not sure. But I know where the trolls are.

by Anonymousreply 68January 14, 2022 12:41 PM

OP, you live in the wrong hood. The worst crime that occurred in my neighborhood in the past 6 months is that someone stole an IPad that was left on the roof of the car. Yet, there was outrage.

by Anonymousreply 69January 14, 2022 12:46 PM

Where are the police though? They are still cashing those checks, enjoying that health insurance and benefits.

They will still get their pensions but they refuse to do any work. This needs to end.

by Anonymousreply 70January 14, 2022 12:51 PM

The speeding is out of control. They stopped patrolling. They are pulling an Atlas Shrugged.

by Anonymousreply 71January 14, 2022 12:52 PM

In Minneapolis the FBI are actively working with the cops to investigate and arrest perpetrators of carjackings and violent assaults. Problem is, the legal system is releasing so many perps on low or no bail, they just go back on the streets and keep on doing it.

A significant percentage of these criminals are minors.

by Anonymousreply 72January 14, 2022 12:52 PM

R82, why do they need the FBI? That’s a local issue and should be handled by local departments.

What happened to all the patrolling and police work? The actual stuff that fights crime?

by Anonymousreply 73January 14, 2022 12:58 PM

In my city, a law was passed in which people can no longer be stopped for "minor violations". The parkways have been like a roller derby for many months. Always those with tinted out windows racing around, tailgating, speeding, noise pollution, homicidal/suicidal driving. Beggars on every corner at every intersection. The cops are nowhere to be seen, ever.

by Anonymousreply 74January 14, 2022 1:22 PM

Who is upset about not getting a speeding ticket? Really.

by Anonymousreply 75January 14, 2022 1:23 PM

You have frontal lobe damage from an auto accident, speedy?

by Anonymousreply 76January 14, 2022 1:28 PM

Here's my useless police story. DeKalb police - my car was stolen and I knew who stole it got the fucker on video. Cops wouldn't prosecute the kid. Or when a sliding glass door was shattered got that on video too Nothing done.

by Anonymousreply 77January 14, 2022 1:29 PM

All the people who have died from increased car accidents due to neglect by law enforcement.

Some of seem woefully uninformed:

Between January and June of 2021, NSC reports that car fatalities increased by 16 percent from the same period last year,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78January 14, 2022 1:31 PM

Some people on here seem like they have no idea what’s going on outside of their basement.

by Anonymousreply 79January 14, 2022 1:32 PM

The cops are laying down. Their critics are right. They are skeevy.

by Anonymousreply 80January 14, 2022 1:34 PM

They're leaving he police force in droves all across the country, retaining staff is a big problem, plus Covid, people are just fed up. Also, Police departments are practicing self-restraint, they don't want to be labeled as racist or harassing, etc. You can't have it both ways. You can't have a civilized society without the police enforcing the rule of law. It's only going to get worse. Watch what happens in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 81January 14, 2022 1:35 PM

“retaining staff is a big problem”

This is a sorry excuse. They should pay more and stop trying to be so greedy with the budgets. Do small farming towns in Iowa really need military tanks for their police force?

I think a nationwide overhaul of police commanders is in order. The top brass is not up to the job and have turned into a bunch of welfare queens. They don’t do any work.

by Anonymousreply 82January 14, 2022 1:40 PM

[quote]Why would people blame Biden and not the local police forces.

People have always blamed the president for things they don't like, often including things the president has nothing to do with.

In this day and age, it's really really easy to organize something like this: cops don't stop organized mass robberies but they do record it, those clips end up on social media where the right accounts propagate and amplify it, the usual social media types start worrying about "mass robberies after defunding police" even though police were not defunded, then the media dutifully picks up on it.

The recent propaganda about mass robberies has died down, you'll notice. That's because it wasn't as successful as they'd hoped. Too many people said "no police force was defunded" too many times and the outrage never built.

They may bring back up the shoplifting propaganda as we get closer to midterms, though. That wouldn't surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 83January 14, 2022 1:40 PM

The fucks need to gt back to work and we need to support them and the system needs to prosecute violators and sentencing needs to be carried out.

by Anonymousreply 84January 14, 2022 1:43 PM

[quote]Problem is, the legal system is releasing so many perps on low or no bail, they just go back on the streets and keep on doing it.

Between COVID and overflowing prison systems, there's little else they can do in many cases. They spent so much time making sure everyone convicted of even low-level crimes got prison time that now there's no more room in prisons, and there's a staffing shortage because prisons are incubators for every virus out there.

Minnesota was at 96% of prison capacity in 2019. That means they're full.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85January 14, 2022 1:44 PM

Can't blame this particular chaos on the right, which is why they'll sweep in November, and I say this a center lefty. Law and order first.

by Anonymousreply 86January 14, 2022 1:46 PM

Go after the organized crime that pulls off these heists. It’s not some teenager organizing these sophisticated crimes.

Who is orchestrating all this at the top? The police need to do the work to bust up the rings. That’s why they get paid. That’s why they have a budget.

They are not entitled to free money form tax payers. They are not owed that money. They need to earn it. Fair and square like everyone else has to ear their check.

by Anonymousreply 87January 14, 2022 1:49 PM

R86 this is totally the right wings fault. They are they ones who run the unions and give the stand down orders. It’s absolutely the right wings fault.

They are also they people who drummed up the anti-police stuff and framed democrats and being anti law enforcement.

No, they were anti police killings. Which were out of control.

The rethugs could have joined democrats in denouncing police violence but instead they called Colin Kap a son of a bitch and demanded a race war.

So quit lying.

by Anonymousreply 88January 14, 2022 1:51 PM

Cops used to have to live in the community they served. Not any more. It was a bad move undoing this policy, for obvious reasons.

by Anonymousreply 89January 14, 2022 1:52 PM

Don't worry, R88. We ALL know who's to blame.

by Anonymousreply 90January 14, 2022 1:53 PM

"You can tell I'm a genuine center leftie because I don't know how to spell the word 'leftie'."

by Anonymousreply 91January 14, 2022 2:02 PM

I'll take "cops need to live in the neighborhood they patrol so they stop behaving like an occupying army" for $400, Alex.

by Anonymousreply 92January 14, 2022 2:04 PM

R89: That was probably 100 years ago. My town was just over the county line form the county that included Cleveland. We had tons of cops (one was the neighborhood perv--peeping in neighbor's bedroom windows!). Then they had to live in the city, so they moved to my aunt's neighborhood on the furthest NE border or lived in a similar area on the West Side of the city. Cops avoid living where they work for the same reason, teachers do--it makes life so much easier.

by Anonymousreply 93January 14, 2022 2:11 PM

[quote]this is totally the right wings fault.

That's not the way the public perceives it though.

by Anonymousreply 94January 14, 2022 3:57 PM

[quote][R82], why do they need the FBI? That’s a local issue and should be handled by local departments.

There's been no official explanation for this, but informal reports are that many of the local FBI investigators are so fed up with the skyrocketing local crime, they're volunteering to help out, even on their own time. After all, they live here, too - and the increasing crime isn't just in the urban core, it has spread all the way into rural areas.

Also, we are fed up with the bullshit that crime is the result of poverty. A. The vast majority of poor people are just as law-abiding as everyone else. B. These people have the money for guns and ammo, neither of which are cheap. Also, as I previously mentioned, a frightening amount of this is committed by young teens.

This is a local cultural thing, not a poverty or race thing. You have families and neighborhoods who either wholly embrace criminality,, or who at the minimum accept their criminal friends and family members, no matter what they do. Including shooting innocent children. They're okay with them having guns and gun battles in the streets, and retaliatory shootings. The ones who don't get the fuck out of those areas and cut off contact with their former friends and family.

by Anonymousreply 95January 14, 2022 7:45 PM

That’s a shame when you’re so Lazy and or incompetent that the feds have to come in and do their jobs.

by Anonymousreply 96January 14, 2022 8:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!