Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I want to be underwhelmed—Holiday edition - PART 2

We're still in the holiday season of 2021 (moving into New Year's Day, 2022), so this is PART 2.

Link to PART 1:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15January 22, 2022 6:57 PM

How dare you?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1December 15, 2021 5:52 PM

Would've been nice if someone had posted that earlier. I did search. (I know you're being nice, tho.)

by Anonymousreply 2December 15, 2021 5:56 PM

It was posted earlier.

by Anonymousreply 3December 15, 2021 5:57 PM

I meant, would've been nice if someone had posted a link on the older thread (to this thread) at ~ R575.

Oh, well. It's OK.

by Anonymousreply 4December 15, 2021 5:59 PM

MODERATORS!

by Anonymousreply 5December 15, 2021 6:33 PM

R4 It's not okay. It's not okay. Holidays put everyone under stress, Covid is killing us, McDonald's won't make breakfast and now this happens.

IT'S NOT OKAY.

by Anonymousreply 6December 16, 2021 3:55 PM

I ordered parchment paper liners for my air fryer from Amazon. They are 8 inch perforated rounds and fit perfectly in the basket and will make clean up easier.

by Anonymousreply 7December 18, 2021 12:19 PM

I just slept for eight hours straight. I think that happens maybe once a year. I'm excited to think of the energy I'll have today as I wrap up my Christmas preparations. Still in a nice fog from it, having coffee now.

by Anonymousreply 8December 24, 2021 1:21 PM

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas with every Christmas card I write."

"I'm dreaming of a white Christmas; with every Christmas Card I write..."

I didn't look up on the Google thingy the original punctuation of Berlin's written lyrics.

Is he dreaming of a white Christmas while writing his cards? Or, is he actually, in his cards, writing, "May your days be merry and bright and may all your Christmas's be white?

by Anonymousreply 9December 24, 2021 1:36 PM

I'm trying my hand at Sticky Toffee Pudding this year. I will use the America's Test Kitchen recipe from YT. I probably should use an English recipe but I choose to look at it as a blending of the two cultures.

by Anonymousreply 10December 24, 2021 1:58 PM

I will go out this week and buy a rack for roasting meat. I had to use my toaster oven rack because my turkey breast needed to be elevated.

I put together Cosmo's cat tower on Christmas Day. Only 2 mistakes but other than that, it was pretty easy. He's still scoping it out but I think he'll like being able to see out of the office in my office/2nd bedroom.

by Anonymousreply 11December 27, 2021 12:15 PM

I just tweeted JK Rowling some drunken support for her heroism. Happy New Year, everyone!

by Anonymousreply 12January 2, 2022 12:28 AM

Why are we using this thread now? It’s confusing.

by Anonymousreply 13January 2, 2022 12:39 AM

I bought battery-operated ceramic Christmas trees from Target. They are very pretty but tonight will be the last night I use them.

by Anonymousreply 14January 2, 2022 9:15 PM

I am torn about bumping this thread but the other one is locked and I feel the need to report that I just ate six Riesen candies.

by Anonymousreply 15January 22, 2022 6:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!