Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

In Ohio, COVID killing 2.3 times faster in Trump counties

Wompity womp womp womp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237January 15, 2022 3:48 PM

Predictable and predicted. Thoughts and prayers and all that.

by Anonymousreply 1December 15, 2021 11:14 AM

I don’t wish harm and misfortune on anyone BUT I just don’t understand the reluctance to protect yourself and family with such a simple solution. Vax and wear a mask indoors. Just for the time being. So easy. Makes no sense to me to choose otherwise.

There has got to be a way to convince these folks with love and patience and education and facts or this horror will not end. I wish I had an answer.

by Anonymousreply 2December 15, 2021 11:21 AM

Most likely answer is that they're generally old and overweight.

by Anonymousreply 3December 15, 2021 11:26 AM

The most likely answer, in the words of that astute observer, Melania Trump, is: I really don't care. Do you?

by Anonymousreply 4December 15, 2021 11:35 AM

We’ll see if this has an effect on electoral voting numbers. I don’t think so.

And we have deeper structural problems embedded in the Constitution itself that can favor minority party dominance. There is a reason the founders generally hated the ideas of two dominant political parties.

by Anonymousreply 5December 15, 2021 11:41 AM

On the on hand it’s terrible these folks are dying. On the other hand less ignorant, hateful people in the world as a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 6December 15, 2021 11:50 AM

I meant “fewer”, not “less”. Hope I caught that before being shamed.

by Anonymousreply 7December 15, 2021 11:52 AM

[quote] Most likely answer is that they're generally old and overweight.

No, it’s that they’re unvaxxed

by Anonymousreply 8December 15, 2021 11:55 AM

Interesting results of trusted news source:

The falsehoods included claims that officials are exaggerating or hiding the number of COVID-19 deaths; pregnant women should not get the vaccine or that it causes infertility; that the anti-parasitic drug Ivermectin is safe and effective at treating COVID-19; or that the vaccine contains a microchip, can actually give you COVID or even change your DNA.

None of these are true, yet 78% of survey respondents said they've heard at least one while 32% said they believe at least half of them.

Overall, survey respondents strongly distrusted social media or far-right news sources like Newsmax and One America News. (Compared to Democrats, Republicans were more than twice as trusting of the two ultra-conservative sources.) Fox News got the next lowest confidence rating while local television stations, national network news and CNN scored highest on the overall trust factor.

People who trusted Fox News, Newsmax and One America News were two to four times more likely to believe at least half the eight falsehoods, the polling found.

by Anonymousreply 9December 15, 2021 11:57 AM

My husband works as a engineer in an auto plant in a rural county in Ohio. Just this month in his "area", there were two deaths and one "circling the drain" on a ventilator who they are shipping off to a nursing home. They were all unvaxxed (proudly so, which is how he knows) and overweight. They were also all just under 50 years old.

by Anonymousreply 10December 15, 2021 11:59 AM

I really wish my parents didn't live in Ohio

by Anonymousreply 11December 15, 2021 9:15 PM

How can they be "Trump counties", when he is out of office? The MSM's obsession with Trump is absurd, and it cannot obscure the fact that his disastrous policies are being replicated by the Biden / Harris administration to everyone's detriment. However, I guess that they need to prepare the scene for the dramatic bloodbath that will be the 2022 and 2024 elections, when Democrats are going to be destroyed because of their dishonesty.

Anyway, there is evidence that anyone who dies for any reason and tests positive for COVID, is classed as a COVID death. Could it be that poor people have serious illnesses derived from obesity and lack of access to medical care for other health issues, or else die of drug overdoses (which have dramatically increased during the lockdowns), and they are being classed as COVID deaths just because they tested positive of COVID?

by Anonymousreply 12December 15, 2021 9:22 PM

r12 = Jim Jordan

by Anonymousreply 13December 15, 2021 9:23 PM

Well, that's one way to empty the trash bin! Fuck off, Trumptards!

by Anonymousreply 14December 15, 2021 9:25 PM

[quote]Anyway, there is evidence that anyone who dies for any reason and tests positive for COVID, is classed as a COVID death.

Facebook posts and YouTube videos from grifters, charlatans and trolls do not constitute "evidence."

by Anonymousreply 15December 15, 2021 9:28 PM

[quote]None of these are true, yet 78% of survey respondents said they've heard at least one while 32% said they believe at least half of them.

That 32% is the crazification factor. It's real, baby. And it's impossible to deal with because the approximately 30% of crazies changes depending on the topic! The 30% who believe that 5G is giving us cancer is not the same 30% who believe Queen Elizabeth is a lizard. There's overlap but it's not complete.

There's nothing you can do to persuade that 30%, regardless of the topic, that they are wrong. You might be able to get a few but not enough to make a difference.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 15, 2021 9:37 PM

Faster, faster.

by Anonymousreply 17December 15, 2021 9:45 PM

R12, uh no, people who have died of COVID in that rural town have really died of COVID. If you read the obituaries, relatives make it clear their relative DID NOT die of COVID if there is any way to make that case. One of my husband's coworkers died at home in bed because he refused to make a "big deal" out of a hoax. They knew he expired when his Apple watch stopped tracking his heart beat. If anything, COVID deaths are under reported in rural counties in Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 18December 15, 2021 9:47 PM

Alas, there is some justice in the world.

by Anonymousreply 19December 15, 2021 9:50 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 15, 2021 9:54 PM

There were 28,000 deaths from flu in 2018, r20.

There were 385,000 deaths from COVID in 2020, and more so far this year, about 387,000.

by Anonymousreply 21December 15, 2021 9:58 PM

Ohio is being run by the minority GOP and they are trying to turn us into Texas......BREAKING = The Ohio state senate just passed a law stating you CAN have a concealed weapon WITHOUT a permit!!!.....Last week Ohios Anti Abortion Bill passed....This whole state is garbage. They just Gerrymandered the whole state for the GOP....Murders in the big cities like Columbus are out of control and only 52% are solved!!....10,000 Covid Cases in the state today....Governor is a Trumper...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 16, 2021 3:06 AM

Hi...I am an Ohio Governor. I have been in public office since 1977---that's right---even BEFORE Reagan!!....You're Welcome....Oh, and I praise the Almighty Messiah Trump and I am running for re-election!!!.....Public Service is amazing!!!...And guess what? My name is floated around as a potential running mate in 2024!!!....YaY!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23December 16, 2021 3:20 AM

I’m fine with these awful people dying even though that makes me a different kind of awful.

by Anonymousreply 24December 16, 2021 3:24 AM

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it, r24.

To put it in perspective: I doubt they would give two fucks if you suffered and died.

by Anonymousreply 25December 16, 2021 9:30 AM

R24, I get really angry when people tell me that I should show more compassion when these morons die. I don’t. Not on DL or in real life.

Nobody knows how many people these fools endangered or killed before their demise. Instead of shedding one tear over dead anti vaxxers, I would rather talk about their doctors, nurses, and service staff who can’t afford to stay home and who are exposed and endangered by these selfish assholes every day.

by Anonymousreply 26December 16, 2021 10:06 AM

My niece is a senior in college in rural Ohio, it’s a total shit show off campus. In town wearing masks draws disdain and ridicule. She’s counting the days until she graduates in May.

by Anonymousreply 27December 16, 2021 10:16 AM

This is the attitude of many where I am in Michigan (including the vast majority of my family). I'm sure it describes much of Ohio as well.

"The virus simply does not factor into my calculations or those of my neighbors, who have been forgoing masks, tests (unless work imposes them, in which case they are shrugged off as the usual BS from human resources), and other tangible markers of COVID-19’s existence for months—perhaps even longer.

Indeed, in my case, when I say for a long while, I mean for nearly two years, from almost the very beginning. In 2020, I took part in two weddings, traveled extensively, took family vacations with my children, spent hundreds of hours in bars and restaurants, all without wearing a mask."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28December 16, 2021 12:46 PM

r28

[quote]Matthew Walther is editor of The Lamp, a Catholic literary journal, and a contributing editor at the American Conservative.

zzzzz

by Anonymousreply 29December 16, 2021 12:49 PM

Nature decided it was time to thin out the herd and human nature then kicked in with the tidy up.

by Anonymousreply 30December 16, 2021 1:49 PM

Go, Covid, GO!

You've still got lots more work to do.

by Anonymousreply 31December 16, 2021 1:51 PM

There is no remedy for ignorance. I moved from very blue, more educated, more affluent North Jersey to Ocean County in Southern Jersey in 2019. Very Trumpy here. Overall less educated. This county has the highest occurance of cases in the state, and one of the lowest vax rates. Once the state lifted the mask mandate, off they came with a vengeance. When I go grocery shopping, the staff and a few shoppers wearing masks. The restaurants and bars are full up, no masks. Even my chiropractor's office, and he is not vaccinated. I stopped visiting there many months ago. One would think there was no covid.

I don't see us getting out of the covid era anytime soon. I have resigned myself to another winter of caution, limiting my indoor activities.

by Anonymousreply 32December 16, 2021 2:13 PM

Drove past a church in 2020 at the height of the pandemic in Mentor , this is in Lake County where deplorables go to die. I was headed home after walking out of a crowded Walmart because I was the only one wearing a mask. Anyway all these people, madkless, we’re standing elbow to elbow outside of a church, under and awning, waiting to board a hermetically sealed party bus. It was a Covid Wedding,

by Anonymousreply 33December 16, 2021 2:21 PM

^thats Mentor Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 34December 16, 2021 2:21 PM

delish!

by Anonymousreply 35December 16, 2021 2:28 PM

I am from Ohio & still have family in central Ohio. While we disagree politically, they are reasonable people that I thought at least had some common sense & survival instinct. But I think they're so invested in this #FAKENEWS! "fuck you Biden & Nancy" narrative, that they're not willing to consider any other idea. Also, people who tend to die of COVID have other conditions and therefore they write it off as something else. I just recently learned that another branch of the family celebrated Thanksgiving together in '20, which turned into so some super spreader event that killed a couple of the old people & required hospitalization for a 50 year old. And yet nothing changes and they're all still unvaccinated. I really don't know what you can do about this

by Anonymousreply 36December 16, 2021 3:09 PM

[quote] It was a Covid Wedding,

So what? We ain’t killed nobody. Well, ceptin’ Grandma Agnes. And maybe, maybe, Uncle Pete. But they was old anyway.

by Anonymousreply 37December 16, 2021 3:23 PM

So they are dyeing because they are ignorant cunts, right r36?

by Anonymousreply 38December 16, 2021 3:32 PM

[quote] How can they be "Trump counties", when he is out of office?

Because that how much damage he's inflicted on this country.

by Anonymousreply 39December 16, 2021 3:42 PM

[quote]One of my husband's coworkers

Just how many husbands do you have?!

by Anonymousreply 40December 16, 2021 3:56 PM

[quote] So they are dyeing

Only if they go to the salon. The store-bought color washes out too fast.

by Anonymousreply 41December 16, 2021 4:34 PM

Even here in Cleveland, which you’d think would be one of the saner areas of this godforsaken state, NO ONE wears masks. Bars and restaurants are packed and not a mask in sight; you’d think it was 2019.

Thankfully, a few businesses are starting to require masks again, but only a few.

by Anonymousreply 42December 16, 2021 4:38 PM

All of the US is a dumpster fire, not just Ohio. We’ve got the shittiest people here. When we get full fascist Republican control after 2024 watch out. It will be a cold hard slap in the face and maybe we deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 43December 16, 2021 6:37 PM

R40, if I had more than one husband, I think it would have been worded " one of my husbands' coworkers " not "one of my husband's coworkers".

by Anonymousreply 44December 16, 2021 9:39 PM

11, 803 Ohio cases today.....And just like most GOP states ---when the numbers start skyrocketing the state blames "backlogs" for the high numbers...I live in Columbus which has a mandatory mask mandate in public but they do not enforce it. I went to the store today and even my cashier did not have a mask on. I also saw plenty of coughers walking around.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45December 17, 2021 2:02 AM

Grateful I live in California

by Anonymousreply 46December 17, 2021 2:25 AM

R45, I'm in Columbus as well and I'm disappointed and completely discouraged. We moved here from a small town. I was under the impression this would be a masked-up utopia, but it's like everyone thinks COVID is over.

by Anonymousreply 47December 17, 2021 2:48 AM

Who are these dumbasses around the world 'protesting' the only tool we have to prevent death? Are they being recruited by Russians posing as their countrymen online?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 17, 2021 3:43 AM

These people are:

1) Totally brainwashed by misinformation

2) Mentally ill/"DON'T YOU EVER TELL ME WHAT TO DO!" types

3) Utterly ignorant

by Anonymousreply 49December 17, 2021 3:49 AM

NO PEOPLE!!!!!!

SOCIAL MEDIA IS KILLING THE WORLD WITH MISINFORMATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 50December 17, 2021 3:50 AM

Let them all die, culling the herd.

by Anonymousreply 51December 17, 2021 3:51 AM

R47 = And the Columbus crime is out of control..The Homeless are out of control..Covid is out of control...I am thinking about moving. The GOP passing the abortion bill and the no permit concealed weapon shows the minority State Senate is not even following what the Majority of Ohioans want. This place is becoming a dumpster....And look at who is running for Senate---every one of them are insane Trumpers...Can you imagine THIS clown in the Senate? Immigrants are coming here from Mexico to VOTE?....Seriously?...Link...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52December 17, 2021 4:16 AM

Another Trumper running for office in Ohio = "voters should be in person with and ID---and ALIVE"...."When the leftist cheaters lose, you win".......These commercials run endlessly all day long from the Trumpers.....They actually say Democrats stole the election from Trump...Insane....Do not come to Ohio. We are the next Texas level retardation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53December 17, 2021 4:29 AM

Lolz

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54December 17, 2021 1:23 PM

Ohio is the new FL.

by Anonymousreply 55December 17, 2021 2:27 PM

... but with much less sunshine, more snow, and no beaches except Lake Erie.

by Anonymousreply 56December 17, 2021 2:31 PM

9/10 hospitalized Ohioans are unvaxxed. DeWine is calling in the National Guard to help staff hospitals.

Republicans have so much proverbial blood on their hands -- they've wreaked so much havoc -- that there's no way they can ever vindicate themselves in my lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 57December 17, 2021 3:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58December 17, 2021 3:36 PM

The MAGA I know honestly believe that COVID is NBD. Not necessarily a liberal "hoax" but hyped up to control them. **insert conspiracy theory about guns/vaccines/mind control here**

I've been watching how they react the all the COVID deaths. At first, they were lies/"false flags", then were old & sick so were going to die easy anyway, then as COVID starting coming for the younger and unvaccinated (and the fatties, of course) it was the vaccine killing people or the treatment given in the hospital for COVID or just more lies.

These people see "cooperation", "compromise" and "compassion" as "tyranny" but have goals of "owning" other people.

No wonder there have been increased reports of UFOs. MAGA and antivaxxers are side-show freaks for the universe to gawk and laugh at.

by Anonymousreply 59December 17, 2021 9:10 PM

[quote] MAGA and antivaxxers are side-show freaks for the universe to gawk and laugh at.

That is SO not true.

by Anonymousreply 60December 17, 2021 9:27 PM

R12, Parody post?

"Trump counties" refer to his vote totals in the Presidential election(s).

Secondly, doctors aren't going to risk arrest by falsifying the cause of death on death certificates.

But of course, Trumptards always have "evidence" of their various and sundry claims, evidence that they somehow can never manage to produce.

by Anonymousreply 61December 17, 2021 9:45 PM

3 DAYS AGO = Governor Trumper = Nothing to worry about. The Covid numbers are high because of backlogs. And we will NOT be ordering in the National Guard because that will take them from places they are needed........TODAY = uh oh...Another 10,000 cases today...I am proud to announce I have ordered the National Guard to help.............Also the Ohio GOP Lawmakers have removed the Governors powers to declare a lockdown and so we can go to 20,000 a day and they will not lift a finger for a lockdown..This state is being run by hardcore Trumpers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62December 18, 2021 2:19 AM

R45, unfortunately, I'm probably in Columbus for the next ten years or so. I thought I'd move here and try to turn some counties adjacent to Franklin blue, but if the Republicans have their way, Delaware County, barely pink in the Presidential election, will be re-districted into Gym Jordan's district. I need to admit defeat.

by Anonymousreply 63December 18, 2021 2:25 AM

Another 10,000 cases in one day in Ohio ....But our GOP State Senate did just get rid of Concealed Carry permits!!.....And we have almost gotten rid of Abortion Clinics!!....So we are getting rid of some things!!....Progress?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 19, 2021 4:38 AM

It's kind of like in "The Poseidon Adventure" when the ship capsizes and a very few survivors climb up the Christmas tree to head up to the hull. Mostly those still alive just stand there like idiots....until the next big wall of water comes flooding in, and they all attack each other to scramble up the Christmas tree, but in doing so break it and it falls over.

I am hoping for a bigger, deadlier wave to hit the unvaxxed like the big flood in the movie as a convincer!

by Anonymousreply 65December 19, 2021 4:56 AM

Godspeed.

by Anonymousreply 66December 19, 2021 4:58 AM

Columbus, Ohio has a mask mandate. But the Trumpers aren't even pretending to wear a mask. You report the mask offenders to the Health Department, who promptly do nothing at all because they are busy with Health Department stuff and the city isn't going to hire new people to go out and look for maskless Trumpers at Krogers...Can you imagine how many beatings would occur when someone tries to ticket the Hillbilly Trumpers for not wearing a mask?..This city cannot get the murder rate under control, you think they can hunt down any violent MAGA clowns?!!...The mask "mandate" is a joke here and everyone knows it...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67December 19, 2021 6:03 AM

Covid started as a virus and has mutated into an IQ test.

by Anonymousreply 68December 19, 2021 6:43 AM

I’m sorry R67 I thought Columbus was supposed to be a little less deplorable, guess not. Stay safe

by Anonymousreply 69December 19, 2021 11:16 AM

R69 = Columbus has gotten bad the last few years...I have to say the city is badly run. Not only is the murder rate out of control in the city but solving the murders is barely 50 percent. Dead person yesterday at a strip club that was then set on fire. Dead person already shot this morning. It is out of control. We are on our second Police Chief in less than 2 years.. I am thinking about selling my house next summer and getting the hell out of this town.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70December 19, 2021 11:45 AM

Gosh, darn! That dang Covid!

by Anonymousreply 71December 19, 2021 11:48 AM

What part of the city do you live in, r70?

by Anonymousreply 72December 19, 2021 11:51 AM

Let's just say I hear gunshots a lot. And I don't live in the Hilltop or Linden.

by Anonymousreply 73December 19, 2021 12:52 PM

German Village, r73?

by Anonymousreply 74December 19, 2021 12:58 PM

Early on in the vaccine release, people in southeastern Michigan who didn't want to wait for an appointment were driving down to Ohio because there was plenty of it there.

by Anonymousreply 75December 19, 2021 3:37 PM

12,502 cases on Tuesday!!.....Looks like Murders wont the only thing breaking records in Ohio this year!!

by Anonymousreply 76December 22, 2021 1:06 PM

Any chance it could infect JD Vance?

by Anonymousreply 77December 22, 2021 1:07 PM

A similar story in a state next door: Michiganders in rural, deep red counties twice as likely to die of COVID.

MLive: Looking at the numbers just for the past six weeks, during the latest surge, the collective death rate is 128% higher for the 16 counties in which two-thirds of voters backed Donald Trump in the 2020 election compared to the 11 counties that voted for Joe Biden.

In the past two weeks, Michigan has reported more COVID deaths than the total number of traffic fatalities for all of 2020.

by Anonymousreply 78December 22, 2021 1:22 PM

[quote] I don’t wish harm and misfortune on anyone

I do in this case, for the simple reason that if they’re dead they can’t help overthrow democracy in America.

by Anonymousreply 79December 22, 2021 1:26 PM

I am double vaxxed and boosted and don’t wear a mask unless it’s required. Idgaf about the unvaxxed and I just assume we are all going to get Covid. Hopefully those who got the vaccine will survive. This is no longer possible to control.

by Anonymousreply 80December 22, 2021 1:30 PM

"This is no longer possible to control" says the poster who refuses to employ proven methods of control.

by Anonymousreply 81December 22, 2021 1:34 PM

It couldn't be that Trump counties are rural and lack adequate health care facilities could it?

No, that would be too much like right

by Anonymousreply 82December 22, 2021 1:36 PM

r82 is an idiot

by Anonymousreply 83December 22, 2021 1:37 PM

[quote]It couldn't be that Trump counties are rural and lack adequate health care facilities could it?

They have plenty of vaccination sites, which is pretty much all they need to prevent death.

by Anonymousreply 84December 22, 2021 1:41 PM

Working hard to care about the plight of the rural uneducated poor who can still vote. Failing.

by Anonymousreply 85December 22, 2021 2:28 PM

Did NYT send anyone to the local diner to get to the bottom of it?

by Anonymousreply 86December 22, 2021 5:17 PM

Wednesday---12,864 new cases TODAY!!.....Columbus has a mask mandate that is UNenforced. Went to Kroger days ago and probably 35 percent of customers were wearing masks. Also tried to sign up for a Booster and 2 different places (including Kroger) had no shots available...A friend of mine also in Ohio 65 miles away had the same problem..Why is everyone saying "get a booster" but nobody has noticed there doesn't seem to be any available?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87December 22, 2021 11:07 PM

[quote]Why is everyone saying "get a booster" but nobody has noticed there doesn't seem to be any available?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 22, 2021 11:09 PM

I'm in Columbus and got my booster earlier this week at a suburban Sam's Club as a walk-in. No wait and had my choice of Moderna or Pfizer.

by Anonymousreply 89December 22, 2021 11:25 PM

R88 = I am talking about the BOOSTER not a stupid test. Also why the hell is Biden bragging about TESTS?......Who is focused on tests? ...Hillbillies who didn't get vaccinated?...That is a step backwards...I have been vaccinated. I want a booster!!...The tests are only going to make boosters run out faster!!...This whole thing is insane....LINK (by the way = "staff shortage" is slang for "we WILL NOT pay a LIVING WAGE".)...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90December 22, 2021 11:29 PM

Pharmacies need to get their shit together. I had to wait in line at the drive-thru at CVS to pick up a prescription for AN HOUR (once you get so far in the line, you can't back out) because they had one line for tests and pick-up (but had no signage to let you know.) Then I had to wait 45 minutes at Kroger for Sudafed because they also only had one line, while 2 other techs looked on from the back.

by Anonymousreply 91December 23, 2021 12:04 AM

Ohio is now up to 15,989 new cases just TODAY!!!........And Columbus is still having our record high murder rates--5 dead just yesterday!!!!....We are really knocking it out of the ballpark for places you wish you did NOT live in!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92December 23, 2021 10:56 PM

I'm stress about my parents who live in Ohio

by Anonymousreply 93December 24, 2021 12:56 AM

^^^ stressed

by Anonymousreply 94December 24, 2021 12:58 AM

Are your parents vaxxed and boosted r93? We have a problem because so many idiots in this state won't do those simple things.

by Anonymousreply 95December 24, 2021 12:59 AM

R93 = It is bad here. Columbus has a mask mandate for being in public. If you or family are visiting Ohio be extra cautious...We have broken Covid Case records for the 3rd day in a row. National Guard have been called in to help...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96December 24, 2021 1:00 AM

Yes, r95. Fortunately.

I've thought about the nightmare I'd be going through if they weren't.

by Anonymousreply 97December 24, 2021 1:00 AM

That's good, r97. They also need to wear masks. I know no one else does it. I know the locals will look at your parents like they are crazy, but some of us here are taking this seriously.

by Anonymousreply 98December 24, 2021 1:06 AM

[quote] the collective death rate is 128% higher for the 16 counties in which two-thirds of voters backed Donald Trump in the 2020 election compared to the 11 counties that voted for Joe Biden.

Faster, Omicron! Kill! Kill!

by Anonymousreply 99December 24, 2021 1:22 AM

My pussy stinks.

Is that a symptom of something?

by Anonymousreply 100December 24, 2021 1:36 AM

Mobile Morgues are making a comeback....Not a good sign....Akron Ohio is using one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 24, 2021 2:22 AM

At first it was just a notion, but I feel we are actually bumping up against the reality that by November '22 at least a few close races will tilt Democratic because sufficient numbers of Trump voters have decided to exercise their right to die of Covid!

by Anonymousreply 102December 24, 2021 4:37 AM

Fat and old republicunts dying?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103December 24, 2021 4:41 AM

I am watching the 2011 movie Contagion on HBOMax....Creepy...So much of it happened in real life after Covid. The closing of the Airports. The quarantine...The government conspiracy theories....Scary...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104December 24, 2021 4:51 AM

I went to the grocery store today in Western Massachusetts.

Every single person I encountered was properly masked. No exceptions.

I'm very grateful to live in New England right now.

by Anonymousreply 105December 24, 2021 8:36 PM

Ohio Friday = 14,414 NEW cases today. Out of control.....443 dead (in one day)......If you are coming to Ohio, be Covid aware. Also if you are coming to Columbus, our Murder rate is out of control so make sure you have your Will and final wishes in order. Sadly if you are killed in Columbus, you only have a 52% chance of having your murder solved. So, make sure your family knows not to get their hopes up on justice after someone kills you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106December 25, 2021 3:07 AM

[quote].If you are coming to Ohio, be Covid aware.

The New York Times has taken note:

As a fast-spreading new strain of the coronavirus swarms across the country, hospitals in Ohio running low on beds and staff recently took out a full-page newspaper advertisement pleading with unvaccinated Americans to finally get the shot. It read, simply: “Help.”

But in a suburban Ohio café, Jackie Rogers, 58, an accountant, offered an equally succinct response on behalf of unvaccinated America: “Never.”

Health experts say the roughly 15 percent of the adult population that remains stubbornly unvaccinated is at the greatest risk of severe illness and death from the Omicron variant, and could overwhelm hospitals that are already brimming with Covid patients. In Cleveland, where Omicron cases are soaring, a hospital unit at the Cleveland Clinic that provides life support to the sickest patients is already completely full.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 26, 2021 8:41 PM

"In Cleveland, the Covid picture is one of the bleakest in the country. Intensive care units are crammed with patients with the Delta variant, with a surge of new Omicron infections looming. New infections in Cuyahoga County, which includes Cleveland, have grown by 234 percent in the past two weeks.

Ohio, where 60 percent of people have gotten at least one shot, now has the country’s highest rate of Covid-19 hospitalization, and doctors say emergency rooms and I.C.U.s are running out of beds. They are being forced to call people in from holiday vacations as growing breakthrough infections whittle away at their staff levels.

There was just a single open bed in a sixth-floor intensive care unit at the main campus of the Cleveland Clinic on Thursday morning, where about 90 percent of I.C.U. patients were unvaccinated. The demand for intensive care has gotten so great that when a bed opens up, nurses are cleaning rooms and moving patients themselves to make space for the next patient."

by Anonymousreply 108December 26, 2021 8:43 PM

[quote] But in a suburban Ohio café, Jackie Rogers, 58, an accountant, offered an equally succinct response on behalf of unvaccinated America: “Never.”

Yeah, OK. We would expect anything less than someone who looks like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109December 26, 2021 9:28 PM

Ohio Update = 20, 917. Two day total from Christmas Eve and Christmas. The 21-day case average has risen to over 10,000.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110December 26, 2021 10:57 PM

Shrug.

by Anonymousreply 111December 26, 2021 10:59 PM

I wouldn't give a fuck if my family didn't live in Ohio

by Anonymousreply 112December 27, 2021 3:07 PM

8,092 new cases

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113December 27, 2021 7:54 PM

I am in Akron, Ohio and very few are masking or taking any precautions at all. It is as if the pandemic is over and this is a "blue" county in Ohio. I don't know why this is the case.

by Anonymousreply 114December 28, 2021 12:34 AM

This pandemic will finally end when a variant with an extremely high mortality rate emerges and takes out all of the remaining unvaccinated. Until then, there will always remain a large pool of anti-vaxers that will provide the virus a breeding ground to continue to mutate. Face it, our lives have permanently changed.

by Anonymousreply 115December 28, 2021 12:44 AM

[quote] COVID killing 2.3 times faster in Trump counties

That's it? Come on, work FASTER!!!!

by Anonymousreply 116December 28, 2021 12:45 AM

R115 = I think you are right. I also think a newer mortality mutation is in sight.. People saying Omicron is "less deadly" are missing the point of Covid Variants that keep becoming more transmissible than the previous versions....The Big One is coming...Probably two, maybe three years. But it is coming and it is going to take out a whole lot of people and not just the MAGAs...

by Anonymousreply 117December 28, 2021 3:43 AM

On the bright side Pfizer's new antiviral should work against most new COVID strains, with brutal effectiveness.

They need to ramp up production stat. Sell that shit over the counter next to the aspirin.

by Anonymousreply 118December 28, 2021 3:49 AM

R118 = Pfizer Stockholder.....Good Luck with your imaginary cure.

by Anonymousreply 119December 28, 2021 7:56 AM

[quote]The Big One is coming...Probably two, maybe three years.

Hopefully, we'll be prepared:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120December 28, 2021 12:33 PM

“ This pandemic will finally end when a variant with an extremely high mortality rate emerges and takes out all of the remaining unvaccinated.”

Viruses rarely become more deadly as new variants appear. More communicable, yes. But not deadlier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121December 28, 2021 1:13 PM

"Ebola, the West Nile virus and the Spanish flu from the 1918 pandemic are all examples of viruses that became more lethal after mutating, experts say."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122December 28, 2021 1:17 PM

From Columbus:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123December 28, 2021 4:18 PM

15,000+ new cases

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124December 28, 2021 6:27 PM

[quote] It couldn't be that Trump counties are rural and lack adequate health care facilities could it?

This is absolutely true. Life expectancy is shorter in rural communities. Plus many residents can't afford adequate health care or proper nutrition. When they do receive treatment, it's often subpar. This has been an ongoing problem for years but only now the media is interested in reporting on it because they can now blame the victims. At the same time, they'll bend over backwards to make excuses for minority populations for being vaccine hesitant.

by Anonymousreply 125December 28, 2021 6:45 PM

[quote] Fox News got the next lowest confidence rating while local television stations, national network news and CNN scored highest on the overall trust factor.

No mention of the poll you sourced but including the words and CNN and Trust factor in the same sentence makes this poll highly questionable.

by Anonymousreply 126December 28, 2021 6:57 PM

[quote]This is absolutely true. Life expectancy is shorter in rural communities.

Especially if they refuse to take free vaccines readily available in supermarkets, drug stores and health clinics across rural America.

by Anonymousreply 127December 28, 2021 7:01 PM

[quote] Especially if they refuse to take free vaccines readily available in supermarkets, drug stores and health clinics across rural America.

Getting vaccinated may still require additional medical treatment for complications. If you're unable to receive adequate medical care, that will affect trust. That's the same argument being used to excuse minority populations.

by Anonymousreply 128December 28, 2021 7:14 PM

Yes, hospitals in urban areas are filled with people suffering from vaccination complications.

by Anonymousreply 129December 28, 2021 7:22 PM

[quote]R118 = Pfizer Stockholder.....Good Luck with your imaginary cure.

Come back when you figure out how clinical trials work, child.

by Anonymousreply 130December 28, 2021 7:34 PM

Unless you've lived in one of these rural Ohio counties, I don't want to hear your supposed facts. People in rural counties are dying because they are not getting vaccinated, then are refusing to get medical treatment until it's too late. If they do see their primary care physician, the less scrupulous doctors are not even mentioning Covid, and are sending patients on their way with a prescription for antibiotics, which is what these old and not very bright people demand.

by Anonymousreply 131December 28, 2021 8:57 PM

R131 Patients are not refusing medical treatment. It's doctors who are turning away mildly symptomatic patients even if they present serious health challenges. However, what this article fails to mention is that the gap in life expectancy between urban and rural residents has been widening even before Covid. Access to health care remains a huge problem for those living in impoverished communities. However, that angle wouldn't generate enough clicks for the rabid partisans in this thread.

I guess I've become cynical. Drug companies escape accountability for getting users hooked on their drugs so no surprise to see the same callousness on display here.

by Anonymousreply 132December 28, 2021 9:08 PM

[quote]Drug companies escape accountability for getting users hooked on their drugs so no surprise to see the same callousness on display here.

As opposed to the grifters who hawk colloidal silver.

by Anonymousreply 133December 28, 2021 9:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134December 28, 2021 11:54 PM

r132 backs up far enough to cast his expected "both sides!" condemnation.

Yawn.

by Anonymousreply 135December 29, 2021 1:12 AM

R132, so which rural county in Ohio do you live? And where is your study that says rural residents aren't dying at a greater clip at home or residential homes? Because I've at least got anecdotal evidence, if not empirical---and that's because relatives will deny, deny, deny that their relative died of Covid, even using their obituaries to proclaim the relative did not die of Covid. For the first months of the pandemic (and maybe even to this day) Covid tests were not given to people who died at home in my former county.

by Anonymousreply 136December 29, 2021 2:02 AM

COVID in Ohio today 15,403....I am going to DOUBLE mask now. No Joke....Kroger and supermarkets will not enforce the mask mandate in Columbus. Also elective surgeries are now on hold because the Unvaxxed Hillbillies are clogging up the hospital beds......And another record = 201 murders in Columbus so far this year...That is just the murders, not the home invasions, robberies, and car jackings in this hellhole of crime...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137December 29, 2021 2:12 AM

Gay Columbus City Council President Shannon Hardin (and likely next Mayor) is Covid Positive!!...Says his husband has symptoms too!!...Shipped their baby off to relatives for safe keeping!!..He also said he has been testing himself so it sounds like HE doesn't have a problem getting test kits?..Best Wishes on a Speedy Recovery. Fortunately his covid will be gone before the skyrocketing crime in Columbus!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138December 29, 2021 3:13 AM

DeWine deploying another 1,250 National Guard members to Ohio hospitals

by Anonymousreply 139December 29, 2021 5:10 PM

Hold me, David!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140December 29, 2021 6:00 PM

Even with all of the new cases, no one is out wearing masks in any of the Ohio counties that I've went

Xmas light watching here in the past couple of weeks. NO ONE!!! Not even the kids (which is really sad).

by Anonymousreply 141December 29, 2021 6:22 PM

Depressing but not surprising r141

Exactly why I stayed in New England for Christmas

by Anonymousreply 142December 29, 2021 6:26 PM

Risking their own health, the health of their loved ones, of everyone around them, and making the lives and jobs of healthcare workers worse so they can own the libs?

Embarassing. Immature. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 143December 29, 2021 6:27 PM

R141 here. I forgot to mention that very few in public were social distancing in

pizza places/gas stations where they didn't come in the same cars together.

Ohio will probably set some new records in the coming weeks...

by Anonymousreply 144December 29, 2021 6:31 PM

[quote] in any of the Ohio counties that I've went.

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 145December 29, 2021 7:13 PM

[quote]DeWine deploying another 1,250 National Guard members to Ohio hospitals

I'm deeply disappointed in Ohio Trumpistas not taking up arms against this blatant attempt at [bold]COMMUNISM!!!1![/bold]

by Anonymousreply 146December 29, 2021 7:54 PM

Ohio is lower mid tier when it comes to deaths per capita. The majority of the adult population is also vaccinated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147December 29, 2021 7:56 PM

r147 = Mike DeWine

by Anonymousreply 148December 29, 2021 7:57 PM

Well, at least something the red states excel at.

by Anonymousreply 149December 29, 2021 7:59 PM

[quote]Ohio will probably set some new records in the coming weeks...

Every state will set new records in the coming weeks, at least in the number of cases.

by Anonymousreply 150December 29, 2021 8:19 PM

[quote]Life expectancy is shorter in rural communities. Plus many residents can't afford adequate health care or proper nutrition. When they do receive treatment, it's often subpar. This has been an ongoing problem for years...

If only there was a government-backed healthcare plan that was designed to support and protect rural hospitals while providing the same quality of care offered to urban citizens! We could call it something like an "affordable care act" and it would be so popular and successful that it would garner a nickname, probably using the president's name in honor of being the first president to complete a nationwide plan. To make it easier on rural red states, the Federal government would step in an pay 90% of the added costs to make sure every citizen had care regardless of ability to pay, and all these red states have to do is accept the money!

Why, that's socialism! Can't have that! Especially such that it was implemented in time to mitigate a worldwide pandemic that (drumroll please) we all knew was coming after the Republicans shrieked about SARS, MERS, and Ebola outbreaks across the globe.

Oh well. you reap what you sow.

by Anonymousreply 151December 29, 2021 8:41 PM

From Ohio's neck of the woods:

Michigan today recorded its highest seven-day average of new, reported COVID-19 cases since the start of the pandemic with 8,402.

Previously, the seven-day average peaked at 7,654 on Nov. 19. A week ago, the average was 5,762.

The rate of positive tests was also extraordinarily high. Nearly 30% of tests confirmed presence of SARS-CoV-2 on Tuesday, Dec. 28.

by Anonymousreply 152December 29, 2021 10:09 PM

Faster, covid, kill, kill!!

by Anonymousreply 153December 29, 2021 10:11 PM

R151 The irony of your post is that you have several posters, presumably from the left, wishing death on an entire political party.

by Anonymousreply 154December 29, 2021 10:49 PM

Meanwhile, states with even higher vaccination rates and more restrictions with presumably good health care are not doing much better than Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 155December 29, 2021 10:58 PM

Specifically 20,320 cases in ONE day.....Columbus has a MANDATORY Mask Order. I went to Kroger tonight and I swear the MAGA fringe and idiots were in full force and MAYBE 30 percent in the store were masked. It is insane here---MORE cases and LESS mask wearing. How fucking stupid are these people? The woman who walked in the store in front of me was with her whole family and not a frigging mask on any of them..She grabbed one of the sanitized tissues and wiped her cart but wasn't wearing a mask and I felt like asking her how the hell is a clean basket handle going to keep an airborne virus out of her mouth and nose...Fucking Idiots....I am now DOUBLE MASKING....On the upside Crime Filled Columbus got our MURDER of the day logged in this morning...This city is a hellhole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156December 30, 2021 1:21 AM

[quote] The irony of your post is that you have several posters, presumably from the left, wishing death on an entire political party.

How dare a bunch of gay men wish death on those who would like to see them dead. They should try to sing "Kumbaya, My Lord" with them.

In the real world, the left wants good things for all people, even those who hate them. We wish them healthcare, job training, clean water, and a whole host of other things. And for that they spit in our faces and call us communists. But we still try to make their lives better. Funny how that works. In the real world.

by Anonymousreply 157December 30, 2021 1:25 AM

I want them to vaccinate and wear masks. To protect themselves, to protect me, to protect others and to help stop the spread of CVOID. If they don't do those measly things why should I not think they're pieces of shit?

Because if they're not doing those things to mitigate the spread or protect others, they are in turn actively working to spread COVID, actively causing more variants, and actively making others ill. When we end up with a variant that is not only highly transmissible like omnicron but far more lethal, it will be the fault of choads who refused to vaccinate and mask. This shit would be behind us as a civilization had everyone just done their part.

by Anonymousreply 158December 30, 2021 1:44 AM

I don't think the Governor of NY is sending the National Guard to hospitals like they are in Ohio.....so I think we, as a highly vaccinated state, are doing somewhat better.

by Anonymousreply 159December 30, 2021 2:51 AM

R159 = We have a Trumper Governor in Ohio who has been in multiple elected office since 1976!! He is running for re-election and since he is only 75 years old, and at his youthful age, probably has another 20 years to serve. He also opposes same sex marriage. He also hates ObamaCare, Abortion, and Weed Legalization.

by Anonymousreply 160December 30, 2021 3:02 AM

Less voters from the red states.

by Anonymousreply 161December 30, 2021 3:04 AM

r161....FEWER!

by Anonymousreply 162December 30, 2021 5:44 AM

[quote] Specifically 20,320 cases in ONE day.....Columbus has a MANDATORY Mask Order.

Pffft. Amateurs!

by Anonymousreply 163December 30, 2021 12:20 PM

The Mass Trump Suicide will not be stopped

by Anonymousreply 164December 30, 2021 12:24 PM

Michigan woman tests positive in the middle of a flight and isolates herself in the plane bathroom for four hours.

She had taken five of the rapid tests in the days before leaving and they were all negative ... but about an hour into the five-hour flight, her throat started to hurt. She had brought along several COVID-19 rapid test kits, and went to the bathroom to take one. "And within about two seconds, the test came back positive."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165December 30, 2021 12:50 PM

“In Ohio, COVID killing 2.3 times faster in Trump counties”

Finally, some good news! Bye bitches.

No wonder why fuck-face Trump is preaching to get vaccinated. His supporters are dying. I hope these deplorable cunts ignore him

Loved the cat fight between him and Candace Owen the other day. Good times.

by Anonymousreply 166December 30, 2021 1:09 PM

[quote] In the real world, the left wants good things for all people, even those who hate them.

I appreciate the earnestness of your post, but in the real world, I find that reaction to Covid isn't as ideological as the media makes it out to be.

by Anonymousreply 167December 30, 2021 3:07 PM

No shit, R154. I can't imagine why the people who lined up against Obamacare — simply because it was a Democratic administration trying to give them healthcare — are now the objects of schadenfreude. Want to know the best part? My insurance rates are [italic]still[/italic] lower than they were before the ACA kicked in (even after accounting for inflation!) and I have better care with more plan benefits to boot.

They could have had this care. They didn't want this care. I'm willing to pay for their care in the form of higher taxes, but that willingness to be the better man ends when they spit in my face and refuse to do the most simple, effective and small things possible to prevent the spread of a virus that is killing [italic]them.[/italic] Do I wish them dead? No, I wish they'd put on a mask, get vaccinated, and stop voting against their self interests instead of voting for curtailment of my rights.

Moreover, this is not the exclusive purview of the liberal left. Let me remind you that a staple of the right is to use natural disasters to motivate their base all the time. Recall when they said Katrina was God's wrath for Southern Decadence? Or that Sandy was because of marriage equality?

But at the end of the day, the pandemic has shown us that there is nothing that is going to motivate the red-hatted radical right to simply be better people, not even death.

by Anonymousreply 168December 30, 2021 3:09 PM

^And I don't think most Republicans hate gays. In the real world, I have friends and family who accept me for who I am who are very conservative and I know many liberals who pretend to be virtuous, but are the biggest assholes.

by Anonymousreply 169December 30, 2021 3:10 PM

WE MUST DIE FOR THE GREAT ORANGE ONE!!!

by Anonymousreply 170December 30, 2021 3:33 PM

Worked for me.

by Anonymousreply 171December 30, 2021 3:59 PM

r171 was a great American! And a top surgeon!

by Anonymousreply 172December 30, 2021 4:00 PM

In Ohio it's 19, 774!-that's how many NEW Covid cases we have!!!...I love seeing Governor Trumper brag about bringing in the National Guard when only 2 weeks ago he said he would NOT bring in the National Guard because it takes them away from where they are needed!! Weeks ago he also tried to blame the surge on reporting "errors" before he couldn't use that excuse anymore. Trump must be so proud of his minions!!....In a shocking twist NO murders in Columbus today. Cops did sweeps to go get the bad guys guns today!!...No word on how Cops plan to address all the dead stabbing victims this year. Surely the cops will go after knives next?. So much of our local news is "Pretty Please call Crimestoppers if you see this Criminal we couldn't catch"...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173December 31, 2021 3:06 AM

R173, you spoke too soon. Another murder just a few minutes ago.

by Anonymousreply 174December 31, 2021 3:11 AM

R174 = Yep....THREE SHOT and ONE DEAD In Columbus.....Thankfully the dead guy has a 52 percent chance of having his killing solved!!...Otherwise I anxiously await his story on the one year anniversary of his unsolved murder, complete with yet another "Call Crimestoppers because someone knows something" begfest. And the story on the local news last night = "have you seen these two killers from last weekend because we cannot find them"....WTF?..Columbus chose Identity Politics over Masculine Competent Authority when they hired Lady Cop....Holy Geez.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175December 31, 2021 4:02 AM

California experienced a huge surge of cases on Thursday including highly vaccinated counties. LA County experienced more than 20,000 in a single day.

by Anonymousreply 176December 31, 2021 4:09 PM

OUT OF CONTROL = Ohio Today = 667 dead from Covid. Thats a good number of deplorables!!......20,598 total new cases today..Hope those Thanksgiving Celebrations were worth it since they were your last and your caught Covid!!...Crime Update = Columbus racked up our latest murder this morning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 31, 2021 9:10 PM

I'm sure Ohioans are carrying on like nothing is wrong

by Anonymousreply 178December 31, 2021 9:11 PM

R178 = We are.....Mandatory Mask Mandate in Columbus. Nobody wears a mask. I double mask now to keep the Deplorables Virus away from me. These people kicking the bucket are the unvaccinated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179December 31, 2021 9:29 PM

[quote] Ohio Today = 667 dead from Covid.

Say what? This doesn’t sound right. Did you make a typo or something?

by Anonymousreply 180December 31, 2021 9:39 PM

r180 I didn't make the original post, but here:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181December 31, 2021 9:42 PM

Thanks, r181.

Holy fuck! New York State has over 4x the number of new cases today as Ohio (76,000) yet only recorded 76 deaths. WTF?

by Anonymousreply 182December 31, 2021 9:46 PM

I have a few people on my social media feed from Ohio. Unvaccinated, except for one. All of them claim that they are going out to party tonight, to ring in the New Year.

by Anonymousreply 183December 31, 2021 9:48 PM

I assume it's their vaccination rate r182.

Vaccines work!

by Anonymousreply 184December 31, 2021 9:48 PM

Gov. Dumb Dumb bragged about his Ohio lotto vaccine rollout.

Guess there isn't much to brag about now...

by Anonymousreply 185December 31, 2021 9:50 PM

Yeah, we’re at 71.7% of all NYers fully vaccinated and 95% of adults with at least one shot.

by Anonymousreply 186December 31, 2021 9:51 PM

r185, that stupid lottery was worse than useless. The deplorables around here were all, "if he's trying this hard to get us to vaccinate there's NO WAY I'm getting vaccinated now. Checkmate, Libs!"

by Anonymousreply 187December 31, 2021 9:57 PM

And now they're dead, r187.

by Anonymousreply 188December 31, 2021 9:58 PM

At this point, if the MAGAt crowd thinks it's "checkmate, libs!" to refuse the vaccine, get covid, suffer and die, then I'm all for another round of chess. I'll happily "lose" to this end — until they can't play any more. And then I'll set the board again.

by Anonymousreply 189December 31, 2021 10:30 PM

R183 - ….” they are going out to party tonight, to ring in the New Year.”

I hope the ringing in their ear is their brains turning into fucking Jell-O.

by Anonymousreply 190December 31, 2021 11:03 PM

Governor Trumper (still) opposes same sex marriage. To prove his MAGA CRED he sent Ohio Troops to the Mexican Border last summer. And 3 weeks ago he said he wasn't using the National Guard against Omicron, then he flip flopped. He is also friends with Texas Governor Abbott and jumps when Abbott snaps his fingers.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191December 31, 2021 11:18 PM

37,600 two day Ohio total (Sunday).....School Staff Covid cases are causing some schools to go to remote learning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192January 3, 2022 2:08 AM

A childhood friend moved to Ohio a few years ago. She went to the Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert in Cleveland on Dec 30th. Posted selfies with her and her kids in a giant unmasked crowd. Yesterday she posted: "can someone leave soup at my door? I have COVID"

Gee, I wonder what happened...

by Anonymousreply 193January 3, 2022 2:49 PM

Is she vaxxed r193?

by Anonymousreply 194January 3, 2022 2:50 PM

R194 no clue. She doesn't seem to be an antivaxxer, but she is dumb. I haven't spoken to her in years. The only reason I still have her on Facebook is she posts all her personal drama. It's like a soap opera.

But vaxxed or not, going to a crowded concert without a mask...gee I wonder how you got COVID

by Anonymousreply 195January 3, 2022 2:54 PM

she's a stupid cunt

by Anonymousreply 196January 3, 2022 2:59 PM

Fool's Mate, R193.

by Anonymousreply 197January 3, 2022 3:04 PM

People are just .... stupid. No critical thinking skills.

by Anonymousreply 198January 3, 2022 3:12 PM

Almost 19,000 new cases

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199January 3, 2022 6:20 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^*^

Yeah!! Is that traitorous, trumpie-cunt, Gym Jordan among the 19,000?

by Anonymousreply 200January 3, 2022 8:20 PM

[quote]There has got to be a way to convince these folks with love and patience and education and facts

Lol, hasn't worked yet. I used to think that too, but in the 30 years since I moved away, very little has changed there.

by Anonymousreply 201January 3, 2022 9:02 PM

"I don't think most Republicans hate gays" you say at R189, but if they vote for people who do...they might as well. Ultimately they really kinda do. It's the same thing, scream "I'm not a single issue voter" all you want.

Because the hate is active; it's not a neutral position. It's not neglect, or just letting the gays be. The party works actively at limiting or taking away gay rights, not toward any kind of gay equality. Everyone is a second class citizen except the straight, white, Christian, American-born male. If you try to get a piece of the privileged existence they consider their birthright, which manifests itself in sooooo many ways to this day in American society, they consider you an uppity thief and a danger to their way of life that must be vanquished. Their Jesus will be applauding when they kill you with their guns.

by Anonymousreply 202January 4, 2022 2:09 AM

Now the Ohio School System is crashing. ...So terrible for the parents who count on their BABYSITTERS---I mean TEACHERS---to supervise their brats.......Went to Kroger (Eakin Rd) Columbus, and so many coughing maskless clowns. The wet sick mucus coughing...I double masked but our city mask mandate is useless. These Hillbillies do not care about anyone else getting sick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203January 4, 2022 2:11 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204January 4, 2022 4:44 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205January 4, 2022 6:48 PM

Excellent news, R204! Ditto, R205!

Good times.

by Anonymousreply 206January 4, 2022 7:50 PM

Why aren't these Ohioans using Listerine?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207January 4, 2022 7:57 PM

Why aren't these folks using silver solution to prevent and cure COVID?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208January 4, 2022 8:02 PM

Why aren't these Yankees using our MIRACLE MINERAL SUPPLEMENT to ward off and cure COVID?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209January 4, 2022 8:05 PM

How can they be "Trump counties", when he is out of office?

Counties with a high percentage of "TRUMP 2020" flags on their Ford F150s = higher unvaccinated rate = higher hospitalization/death.

I know you're here to spread disinformation and pound Republican talking points, but dear fucking Christ at some point ya'll are gonna have to face reality.

[quote]However, I guess that they need to prepare the scene for the dramatic bloodbath that will be the 2022 and 2024 elections, when Democrats are going to be destroyed because of their dishonesty.

Keep fucking that chicken, MAGAT. I don't think the midterms are going to go the way you and uncle Vlad think they will.

[quote]Anyway, there is evidence that anyone who dies for any reason and tests positive for COVID, is classed as a COVID death.

If I ran things you'd be one of the disinformation trolls I'd force at gunpoint to work in a COVID ward unmasked. Sadly I have no such power to make that happen, so let's just be clear that if somebody dies and is infected with COVID, the odds that COVID was the primary cause of death is pretty close to 100%.

The theory that an army of people are dying of unrelated causes who happen to have COVID smells like month-old borsht.

by Anonymousreply 210January 4, 2022 10:05 PM

Researchers from Ohio State University say that deer in multiple northeast Ohio locations had evidence of antibodies for COVID-19, indicating the deer had been infected by the virus.

“The virus could mutate in deer, potentially facilitating transmission of new strains to other species, including humans, or the virus could survive in deer unmutated while it simultaneously continues to evolve in humans, and at some point when humans don’t have immunity to the strains infecting deer, those variants could come spilling back to humans,” Ohio State officials said in a press release.

While it’s unclear exactly how the deer became infected, researchers speculated that the deer became infected through an environmental pathway, such as drinking contaminated wastewater.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211January 5, 2022 12:27 PM

Well, they won't ever stop eating deer meat in rural counties even if you tell them it's plauge meat. Actually, they'll just say it's their "REIGHT!!!" to eat whatever they want and telling them not eating plauge meat and spreading deer COVID would take away their "FREEDUMBS".

by Anonymousreply 212January 5, 2022 1:24 PM

Cry me a river

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213January 6, 2022 5:58 PM

What an idiot. Dewine sends in reinforcements to help with the unvaccinated, and those reinforcements aren't vaccinated? Maybe he should do another vaccine lottery. That worked so well the first time.

by Anonymousreply 214January 6, 2022 6:02 PM

God does have a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 215January 6, 2022 6:03 PM

Womp womp

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216January 6, 2022 6:31 PM

Maybe COVID will wipe out all of the MAGA's.

by Anonymousreply 217January 6, 2022 6:34 PM

MAGA CANDIDATE in OHIO = Biden paid people to sit at home to watch netflix!!!...And Biden INVITED immigrants to storm our borders!!!.....He is also tired of Covid NOT being called the Wuhan Virus!!.......Do NOT come to Ohio...Politically we are turning into Texas...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218January 7, 2022 12:03 AM

MAGA Candidate in Ohio = It's the WUHAN VIRUS!!!....And saying that is not racist!!!....Welcome to Ohio Politics....Fun Quote from the video = "We have to fight back. We have to be free to think and be free our our own thoughts"............(um WTF?).......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219January 7, 2022 12:11 AM

LINK = People are leaving Ohio in droves.....The Minority Fringe GOP has taken over the state. Crime here is as insane. EVERY SINGLE DAY the Columbus Police are standing in front of news cameras asking for the "publics help" to solve yesterdays killing....EVERY...SINGLE...DAY........Now you know why only 52% of the murders are solved....82 year old man shot yesterday while gassing up his car and refusing to hand over his wallet. Welcome to Ohio..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220January 7, 2022 5:53 AM

As the kids say, you love to see it!

by Anonymousreply 221January 7, 2022 6:08 AM

I'm sorry to hear that about Ohio. The COVID numbers, the crime, and the rise in Republicanism. All connected, of course. Can you move, R220? Stay safe, brother!

by Anonymousreply 222January 7, 2022 3:59 PM

Interesting ------>>"There were also 398 new deaths reported"..........That's a lot of dead Trumpers....19,563 new cases.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223January 8, 2022 1:28 AM

Two 49-year-old men died yesterday in my small Ohio town. Judging by their obit pics, it was definitely Covid.

by Anonymousreply 224January 8, 2022 1:51 AM

The crime in Columbus is branching out...The murders aren't the only game in town. Smash and Grab!!!....250,000 dollars in GOLD stolen!!...While the mall was open!!....On the upside the thieves didn't murder anyone. Cha-Ching!!.....And just like every murder---the Columbus Police are asking SOMEONE---ANYONE---to come forward!! Won't YOU help solve this crime?....This town is a crime ridden hellhole. The idiots left their sledgehammer so if they get caught you know it was sheer luck!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225January 8, 2022 9:30 AM

R82, I wonder which Party these rural people vote for and which is loathe to provide help?

by Anonymousreply 226January 9, 2022 2:35 AM

18,310 covid cases on Saturday.....And the DMV is getting so many Anti Biden vanity plate requests from the Hillbillies they are now rejecting them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227January 9, 2022 3:58 AM

[quote]18,310 covid cases on Saturday

Slackers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228January 9, 2022 11:47 AM

[quote] which is loathe to provide help?

Oh, dear!

by Anonymousreply 229January 9, 2022 1:35 PM

Ohio death cult.

“I was the only vaccinated one in my family,” she said. “I told them to go to the hospital and they didn’t listen to me. I knew something bad was going to happen.”

Sara Golembiewski said they all had underlying conditions. Her mother suffered from lupus, hypothyroidism, and diabetes. Her father was obese and suffered from lupus, heart problems, and diabetes. Her aunt also had diabetes and lupus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230January 9, 2022 4:52 PM

r230 is heartbreaking.

Meanwhile:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231January 11, 2022 10:23 PM

19,611 new cases....Our Columbus Crime Alert of the Day goes to PNC Bank, where an (alleged) robber jumped over the counter and proceeded to stab the teller. Someone attempted to help the teller and THEY were promptly stabbed to. After fleeing the bank, yet another customer was shoved to the ground and stabbed. Oddly enough, the most amazing part of this story is that the Police CAUGHT the guy!!!.....WoW!!....Now that was a shocker!!...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232January 12, 2022 3:26 AM

20,000+ new cases

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 233January 12, 2022 6:56 PM

I couldn't imagine what it's like being a teenager and begging your parents to get vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 234January 12, 2022 7:45 PM

Warning....Columbus...."Center for Covid Control"....On Broad Street.....Being investigated all over the country. People are going in and giving all their personal information....If you got tested there or have been there you will want to contact the proper authorities and google them...LINK......Over 20,263 cases yesterday...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235January 14, 2022 3:09 AM

Another article. From Newsweek. If you have been to a "Center for Covid Control" and you have given them your personal and health info, you will want to follow up. They are being investigated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236January 14, 2022 3:15 AM

Thanks r235/r236

by Anonymousreply 237January 15, 2022 3:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!