Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Colton Haynes wrote a book…

What will he discuss in it? Will he be blunt and honest? Will he tell everyone’s secrets?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 19, 2022 3:06 AM

What’s with the title?

by Anonymousreply 1December 9, 2021 7:39 PM

Ahem!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 9, 2021 7:53 PM

Is it out yet?

by Anonymousreply 3May 14, 2022 12:07 PM

He's 33, kind of early for a "memoir"

by Anonymousreply 4May 14, 2022 12:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5May 14, 2022 2:32 PM

Well?

by Anonymousreply 6May 21, 2022 11:26 AM

Any reviews?

by Anonymousreply 7May 31, 2022 10:13 PM

Colton Reads!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8June 1, 2022 3:06 AM

[Quote] I didn't have the teenybopper hearthrob story. Mine was like: "Show me dicks!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9June 2, 2022 6:57 PM

There's an abrupt cut when he begins to talk about Jerreth. He's clearly talking about Podwall circa 35 minutes. And the XY thing is mentioned at about 10:30.

by Anonymousreply 10June 2, 2022 6:58 PM

He was molested (move over, Lorna) aged 6 by a family member. His mother couldn't get her head around that he wanted to talk about it publicly. And then she died.

by Anonymousreply 11June 2, 2022 7:00 PM

He knew the fortysomething "boyfriend"/abuser since he was 12. He claims that they didn't become physical until he was 14.

by Anonymousreply 12June 2, 2022 7:01 PM

He and Jeff evidently signed agreements not to talk about the marriage. Colton does reference in the interview how he spiralled during the marriage, e.g. going on vacation but taking to his bed for the duration.

by Anonymousreply 13June 2, 2022 7:06 PM

Any DL reviews?

by Anonymousreply 14June 3, 2022 9:24 PM

Towards the end he basically call you bitches out fir hurting his feelings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15June 4, 2022 4:22 PM

In the Danny Pellegrino podcast, Colton does admit that upholding the closet was a bad message to send out to people.

by Anonymousreply 16June 4, 2022 4:24 PM

[Quote] He mostly lived with his mother, a sometime bartender who struggled with addiction and making ends meet. She often turned to men for help. “They revolved in and out, never staying long,” he writes. “They were uniformly ugly

Uniformly ugly? Colton is a DLer, no doubt.

by Anonymousreply 17June 4, 2022 4:27 PM

[Quote] He alludes to a producer who was not out and whose nerves were shot when he “got fucked too hard by a guy with a truly massive dick,” and a famous gay screenwriter who told Haynes not to come out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18June 4, 2022 4:31 PM

[quote]But he’s candid about getting there. “I was drunk and reading comments from gay men on the Internet,” he writes, “people I had never met, calling me a fat washed-up divorced flop, perpetuating the lie about how I was the only gay who worked in Hollywood, even though I was barely able to get one job after coming out.”

So Colto was stalking us!

by Anonymousreply 19June 4, 2022 4:43 PM

Maybe it's because I've long visited DL but I would never look myself up on the internet if I became famous.

by Anonymousreply 20June 4, 2022 5:17 PM

So he hints but doesn't name names? This book sounds tedious.

by Anonymousreply 21June 4, 2022 5:36 PM

His childhood was about as stable as living on an active faultline. Parents were an absolute mess, mom was the queen of self-sabotage.

Molested by his uncle at 6 (orally), lost his cherry to a 40+ year old cop at 14. The only identifiable boyfriend in the book is Jerreth ("Jay") who comes across as very sweet. No mention of Jeff, except the meeting with the divorce lawyers about the NDA. Several interesting relationships, including with a VERY dominant waiter.

by Anonymousreply 22June 4, 2022 9:30 PM

Do most people have to sign NDAs as part of their divorce proceedings, I would think getting divorced would be cause not to have to do something like that? Would it have been negotiated in the prenup?

by Anonymousreply 23June 4, 2022 9:47 PM

NDAs are pretty standard with the rich and famous. And given that the Haynes-Leathams lived their relationship like a reality show, understandable that the settlement involved a gag clause. The only references to the wedding/marriage are his mother's reaction to it. Nothing about how they met, what broke them up, nada. Jeff also gets an apology in the acknowledgements.

“A conference room, somewhere in mid-city. A lawyer at the other end of the table looked at me, inscrutable behind his designer eyeglasses. “You understand one of the terms of this divorce agreement is that you may not discuss, publish, or post any information about your ex-husband in any media?” she said. “Without limitation and in any manner. This is a binding nondisclosure and confidentiality agreement.” I nodded and scribbled my signature on the dotted line. Then I leaned back in my chair and stared off at nothing. ”

“Jeff: I’m sorry for the way things ended. Thank you for the most magical day of my life, it helped bring my family back together again, and gave us our final happy memory with my mom. I wish you nothing but happiness in the future. You deserve it.”

by Anonymousreply 24June 4, 2022 9:54 PM

Why Patrick, i had no IDEA your piece on the side was literate!

by Anonymousreply 25June 4, 2022 10:03 PM

So, the NDA is double binding and works as a a mutual destruction clause should either reveal something? Was there any announcement about whom had to pay who alimony?

by Anonymousreply 26June 4, 2022 10:21 PM

He was just on Tamron Hall pitching the book. My goodness he has a vacant look in the eyes. He wasn’t making a lot of eye contact which was also strange.

by Anonymousreply 27June 4, 2022 10:21 PM

R26 that was literally all he mentioned about the divorce. That one paragraph.

by Anonymousreply 28June 4, 2022 10:22 PM

R27 Is this that so called dead eyes that is so often mentioned here?

by Anonymousreply 29June 4, 2022 10:26 PM

Colton clearly has anxiety. He tends to blink long, presumably to calm himself and re-focus.

by Anonymousreply 30June 4, 2022 10:27 PM

[Quote] Several interesting relationships, including with a VERY dominant waiter.

Was it the one from CYBILL?

by Anonymousreply 31June 4, 2022 10:27 PM

[Quote] My goodness he has a vacant look in the eyes.

You don't have to lie. There are clips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 4, 2022 10:29 PM

Is it really surprising that someone discussing their dead mother and their own suicide attempt might not deliver it all with eye contact? Pointless bitchery is right...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 4, 2022 10:36 PM

[quote]He was just on Tamron Hall pitching the book. My goodness he has a vacant look in the eyes. He wasn’t making a lot of eye contact which was also strange.

It's due to his excessive drug use. Hid mind is shot and can never return to its normal, pre-druggie state. It's a handicap he has to live with for the rest of his life.

by Anonymousreply 34June 4, 2022 11:07 PM

LOL at the cut away to DataLoungers at 4:40 in r33.

by Anonymousreply 35June 4, 2022 11:12 PM

I tried to skim it in the bookstore. Seemed overly wordy and ridiculous. One thing is for certain through, he’s a WHORE DARLIN.

by Anonymousreply 36June 4, 2022 11:52 PM

If he ever read the foolishness that was written about him at Datalounge I am ashamed for all of you.

by Anonymousreply 37June 5, 2022 12:02 AM

[quote] I tried to skim it in the bookstore.

Well that's no good. Next time try reading it right side up without some dude's cock in your mouth.

by Anonymousreply 38June 5, 2022 12:08 AM

DLers don't get cock. That's part of their problem.

by Anonymousreply 39June 5, 2022 12:10 AM

R37 there’s mention of “gay men on the internet”

by Anonymousreply 40June 5, 2022 12:10 AM

I hope he read the suggestions of songs he might do in a cabaret act. My suggestion was "Taco Flavored Kisses."

by Anonymousreply 41June 5, 2022 12:32 AM

I’m still unclear why this whore from teen Wolf thinks he has a life worthy of a memoir.

But if it brings people joy, more power to him.

by Anonymousreply 42June 5, 2022 12:37 AM

The only interesting thing about his life is that he has been a bottom whore for most of it.

by Anonymousreply 43June 5, 2022 12:43 AM

Top whores aren't interesting?

by Anonymousreply 44June 5, 2022 12:44 AM

When I was skimming at the bookstore, I noted he topped a bunch of his teenage buddies in high school. He noted how great it was being inside one of them.

So there’s that.

Isn’t Colton the one who posted something about a perv acting class where he had to do a scene getting fake fucked in the nude and his dick kept slapping up to his stomach? Or am I confusing him with someone else? I kept looking for more details on that in the book but didn’t see anything.

by Anonymousreply 45June 5, 2022 12:48 AM

Oh, that was a standalone article? That did make him look like a complete idiot.

by Anonymousreply 46June 5, 2022 12:49 AM

I appreciate how difficult it must have been for him to be so candid. He has received nothing but ridicule and rejection since coming out and it nearly killed him. I hope this memoir represents some kind of catharsis for him.

by Anonymousreply 47June 5, 2022 12:55 AM

I hope that comedy with the Broad City crew comes together for him. I could picture him as the straight man in a comedy.

by Anonymousreply 48June 5, 2022 12:59 AM

R45 IIRC correctly, he explicitly mentions topping once, bottoming a lot, and a lot of vague "sleeping with".

Vers btm is my guess.

by Anonymousreply 49June 5, 2022 1:20 AM

R46 how did it make him look like an idiot??

by Anonymousreply 50June 5, 2022 7:25 AM

A Lifetime movie is a fitting progression of his career.

EXCLUSIVE: Two new ripped-from-the-headlines movies are planned for Lifetime in October that star Kellie Martin (Army Wives), Colton Haynes (Arrow) and more.

Airing Oct. 22, Swindler Seduction features Haynes in a dual role playing crooked twin brothers. The inspired-by-true events thriller exposes the world of the romantic con artists, i.e. men who earn their living off women who they fool and steal from. It also stars Gabrielle Graham (Twenties).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51August 18, 2022 6:48 PM

Lifetime already?

by Anonymousreply 52August 19, 2022 3:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!