Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Damn, Jen Aniston looks a hot tranny mess!

LIVE! The Facts of Life.

Lisa Welchel looks amazing.

by Anonymousreply 305December 22, 2021 10:01 AM

And what is the point of doing these live reenactments if the actors use their own (OLD!) middle-aged voices, and not even try to mimic the originals.

by Anonymousreply 1December 8, 2021 12:10 AM

Who is playing her boyfriend Dirk?

by Anonymousreply 2December 8, 2021 12:25 AM

Great link, moron OP

by Anonymousreply 3December 8, 2021 12:29 AM

Please don't say "tranny." It wounds

the wrong person.

Say, "looks an old haggy mess with a big nose and ugly tits."

Much more effective.

by Anonymousreply 4December 8, 2021 12:31 AM

I hope Nancy McKeon is OK. At the last minute she skipped a low budget reunion movie that they just shot.

by Anonymousreply 5December 8, 2021 12:32 AM

[quote]Lisa Welchel looks amazing.

WHELCHEL

by Anonymousreply 6December 8, 2021 12:32 AM

Nancy McKeon has refused to do FOL reunion stuff for years.

Ann Dowd is doing awesome tonight!

by Anonymousreply 7December 8, 2021 12:33 AM

Edna Garrett is bringing me down.

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2021 12:33 AM

I also like the reenacted retro commercials.

by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2021 12:35 AM

Why is there no link OP? RUDE!!

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2021 12:36 AM

Jen Anniston was on facts ?

by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2021 12:40 AM

Link to WHAT? It's on TV right now (in the eastern and central time zones, anyway.)

by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2021 12:40 AM

Here, fuckwad, so we know who these people are, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2021 12:41 AM

Jen looks a bit harsh

by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2021 12:43 AM

Kim Fields is so visibly uncomfortable with everything Facts related.

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2021 12:49 AM

Aniston looks more than a bit harsh, she looks haggish. Women with Greek genes hit that wall HARD.

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2021 12:51 AM

I have googled it and for some reason, the person who played Blair's boyfriend Dirk Longfellow is nowhere to be found!

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2021 12:54 AM

The Jennifer Beals and Alfonso Ribiero ads are the best part of the night, along with Lisa Whelchel showing they should have just let Lisa play Blair again rather than waste airtime on Aniston.

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2021 12:59 AM

I would literally rather watch a cat lick its own ass than watch that dreck.

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2021 1:02 AM

R5 Nancy is fine she sends her love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20December 8, 2021 1:02 AM

This Diff’rent Strokes bit is shit. And where the fuck is Kimberly.

by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2021 1:02 AM

Aniston was just playing Rachel Green. No effort at all. They should’ve just had Lisa play her. She also looks younger.

by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2021 1:05 AM

Lisa looked great. I though Hen was a man when she first turned around even though I'm only watching because of this very thread.

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2021 1:07 AM

Did Ann Dowd lose weight?

by Anonymousreply 24December 8, 2021 1:11 AM

I'm enjoying the Diff'rent Strokes episode more than I should.

Ann Dowd is nailing Mrs. Garrett.

by Anonymousreply 25December 8, 2021 1:24 AM

The Rerun show did it better.

by Anonymousreply 26December 8, 2021 1:32 AM

Go fuck yourself, R16.

by Anonymousreply 27December 8, 2021 1:35 AM

How one they could only get two Boyz Ii Men. And poor Todd Bridges being the only soul still alive.

by Anonymousreply 28December 8, 2021 1:48 AM

R27 lol. Why so mad bro? Not that poster but why did that set you off,?

by Anonymousreply 29December 8, 2021 1:54 AM

I didn't see this. Was Todd Bridges there?

by Anonymousreply 30December 8, 2021 2:55 AM

Nancy McKeon = Kim Cattrall

by Anonymousreply 31December 8, 2021 4:22 AM

[quote]Nancy McKeon has refused to do FOL reunion stuff for years.

It just never seems to fail that anytime the cast of an old series is reunited, there's always one who refuses to participate.

by Anonymousreply 32December 8, 2021 4:43 AM

Christine Taylor would have done a great Blair. Or Blair herself.

I’m much more of a FoL Vs different strokes fan, but DS was much better cast. I’m not in the least a K Hart fan but that was a good call.

All the FoL girls were awful, esp Jo. Thank God for Mrs G.

by Anonymousreply 33December 8, 2021 6:20 AM

Will Arnett played Blair's boyfriend Dink.

by Anonymousreply 34December 8, 2021 6:21 AM

I loved Kathryn Hahn’s Jo! She should have worn false teeth to mimic Nancy’s horsey choppers, though.

Gabrielle Union didn’t even try.

by Anonymousreply 35December 8, 2021 6:34 AM

FoL was mildly entertaining, DS was a completely snooze. Not as fun by half as the first two iterations.

by Anonymousreply 36December 8, 2021 6:45 AM

[quote]Kim Fields is so visibly uncomfortable with everything Facts related.

That's because Dick Clair and Jenna McMahon forced her to listen to their awful script drafts for the fourth season of Soap.

She said the abuse was worse than pedophilia.

by Anonymousreply 37December 8, 2021 6:53 AM

Kathryn Hahn nailed McKeon's physicality. She and Mrs. Garrett were the best actors by far.

by Anonymousreply 38December 8, 2021 7:53 AM

The best part really was seeing Norman Lear, who must be the youngest 99 year old on Planet Earth.

by Anonymousreply 39December 8, 2021 8:10 AM

Jennifer needs to stop tanning.

by Anonymousreply 40December 8, 2021 8:23 AM

R39 I beg your pardon!

by Anonymousreply 41December 8, 2021 9:04 AM

Lisa looks amazing! Her voice, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 42December 8, 2021 9:08 AM

Js this the best the liberals can do? Lear and Kimmel were so bad, I couldn't watch. Was a 99 year old man saying fuck the highlight of the evening?

by Anonymousreply 43December 8, 2021 9:25 AM

Does anyone under 50 remember these shows? It was ok but seemed really self-indulgent. Why the old actors? I guess I don’t get it and I’m the target audience.

I was relieved to see in the FoL bit that Jason Bateman’s sunken tear ducts were just as bad as mine. Was that Jon Stewart in the head gear?

The early 80s flavored ads were fun!

by Anonymousreply 44December 8, 2021 11:04 AM

The funniest moment was when Lear turned to face the audience and revealed his ponytail.

I guess the point was parody? I thought Tollman was great, and the rest were shit. I wonder why they changed Rocky from having severe acne? It deflated some of the jokes. The whole thing was joyless, unlike the previous specials.

by Anonymousreply 45December 8, 2021 11:08 AM

Where can I see the whole thing? YouTube only shows a few clips.

by Anonymousreply 46December 8, 2021 11:09 AM

Ann Dowd was the MVP as Mrs G. Most of the rest of the casts were pretty bad. How the heck is Lisa Whelchel pushing 60 and looks like she doesn’t age? Why is Nancy McKeon so traumatized as to never show up to anything FOL related? Kim Fields never looks happy, but at least she shows up.

by Anonymousreply 47December 8, 2021 11:09 AM

I hated that fundie Lisa Whelchel looked amazing!

by Anonymousreply 48December 8, 2021 11:16 AM

I think Nancy McKeon is still grieving her brothers death and she hated being typecast as the “rebel” Jo. But bitch please we don’t know you as anything but (well the battered Torrington CT wife TV movie role for hardcore tv fans). Kimmel does this to prove he can get A list actors to do things other than his ass kissing talk show.

by Anonymousreply 49December 8, 2021 11:49 AM

[quote]Christine Taylor would have done a great Blair.

YES! Or Jane Krakowski. Or Elizabeth Banks.

I agree with R44 that the '80s-style commercials were the highlight. Pleasantly surprised to see Jennifer Beals in one of them!

by Anonymousreply 50December 8, 2021 12:37 PM

[quote]How the heck is Lisa Whelchel pushing 60 and looks like she doesn’t age?

Christ's love, baby.

by Anonymousreply 51December 8, 2021 12:57 PM

Wounds who, R4? Autogynephiles and drag queens are men. They're not women. Womanhood is not a costume for men to appropriate..

by Anonymousreply 52December 8, 2021 1:15 PM

I wanted to see Tootie get up on those roller skates but she’s probably had both hips replaced by now.

by Anonymousreply 53December 8, 2021 1:23 PM

Nancy is still close to the cast. She did an IG with Kim Fields recently. She taught Kim how to shave her legs.

by Anonymousreply 54December 8, 2021 1:25 PM

Where was Mindy?

by Anonymousreply 55December 8, 2021 1:27 PM

I noticed some tension between Mindy and Kim....when on set they had zero interaction and stayed clear of each other. Mindy looked great.

by Anonymousreply 56December 8, 2021 1:54 PM

Lisa Whelchel looks like she hasn't aged a day. Mindy and Kim looked okay too, but that's to be expected--black women and overweight women tend to age better than most.

Nancy McKeon is a self-righteous cunt to continually throw a wrench in a complete reunion.

by Anonymousreply 57December 8, 2021 2:03 PM

I've not been able to view the special yet, but the clips I saw of Mindy, Lisa, and Kim were awkward. It's odd, because they all seem to get along on IG...always chiming in on one another's posts. Perhaps they were just nervous.

It seems Lisa's mic was off or turned down when she sung the theme song. As everyone else has mentioned above, Nancy McKeon will use any excuse to get out of reuniting with them all...though she's also friendly and giving shout-outs to them all on IG. I suppose it's no different than any of our own former coworkers doing that.

Lisa Whelchel has had very good, subtle plastic surgery...and also still has the good hair and skin. (And is getting dicked by a new, straight husband after all of these years of being married to a homo.) Kim Fields has aged well and works/directs steadily. Anyone saying none of the original cast have had work done apparently didn't see DL's own Mindy Cohn...her face was lifted up above her blunt bangs! She also seemed very uncomfortable there...I would assume she had at least 11 of her fave gays in the audience to cheer her on.

by Anonymousreply 58December 8, 2021 2:16 PM

Why is Aniston’s plastic surgery so bad? Her nose is actually getting bigger. Switch doctors girl!

by Anonymousreply 59December 8, 2021 2:22 PM

"Mindy and Kim looked okay too, but that's to be expected--black women and overweight women tend to age better than most."

Mindy Cohn looks like shit, her eyes barely exist anymore, they're swallowed up in all the filler.

by Anonymousreply 60December 8, 2021 2:44 PM

Kim got fat, should have worn a decent bra, and her sleeveless top emphasized her armpit fat spilling over. Her movie plug was as tacky as her look. Jon Stewart was the weak link and was doing Jimmy Fallon like laughter.

by Anonymousreply 61December 8, 2021 2:51 PM

[quote]It seems Lisa's mic was off or turned down when she sung the theme song.

Oh, DEAR.

by Anonymousreply 62December 8, 2021 2:53 PM

I thought Facts of Life was better than DS. Lisa Whelchel looks amazing. I was on the phone and not really paying attention at the beginning. When she opened the show I wasn’t sure if that was present day or a clip from when the show originally ran. Kim Fields didn’t look bad, just fat. Mindy Cohn looked terrible. Kim seemed very frosty.

Jennifer Aniston... really, really bad. She destroyed her face. Lisa Whelchel, who’s older, blew her out of the water look wise.

by Anonymousreply 63December 8, 2021 3:15 PM

[quote]I would literally rather watch a cat lick its own ass than watch that dreck.

R19, that is exactly what I did. I bailed about 5 mins after the Jennifer Beals ad. Watched my cat bathe.

After her bath she decided to play Christmas Box-jump. STILL better than that unfunny mess I saw.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 8, 2021 4:05 PM

Didn't Lisa Whelchel turn down the role of Rachel in Friends? She mentioned this in an old interview with Oprah. And now, Jennifer Aniston gets a chance (however poorly) to play Blair.

by Anonymousreply 65December 8, 2021 4:35 PM

Jennifer Anniston looked terrible. It’s time to stop with fillers, etc. and play age appropriate roles.

by Anonymousreply 66December 8, 2021 4:47 PM

[quote] Kim got fat, should have worn a decent bra, and her sleeveless top emphasized her armpit fat spilling over.

You think her husband, "Miss Chris" would have helped her with her wardrobe.

by Anonymousreply 67December 8, 2021 5:04 PM

[quote]I hated that fundie Lisa Whelchel looked amazing!

But she loved the gays enough to marry one.

by Anonymousreply 68December 8, 2021 5:15 PM

I didn’t know Lisa remarried. Good for her!

by Anonymousreply 69December 8, 2021 5:21 PM

Oh, wow, I was going to call bullshit on Lisa playing Rachel because she'd be too old. However, she's the same age as Lisa Kudrow and only a year older than Courteney Cox (which would've made a high school friendship between Rachel and Monica more believable).

Since Rachel was essentially the JAP version of Blair Warner, Lisa would've made Friends seem like a Facts of Life spin-off...which would've cheapened the show.

by Anonymousreply 70December 8, 2021 5:31 PM

Aniston looked like she got hit in the face with a frying pan.

by Anonymousreply 71December 8, 2021 5:39 PM

^^and then had the inner 3/4 of that face sewn around, the stitch pulled to a nasty-looking pucker.

by Anonymousreply 72December 8, 2021 5:46 PM

It made me oddly sad. You can’t go back again - that’s the fact of life.

by Anonymousreply 73December 8, 2021 6:28 PM

[Quote]It seems Lisa's mic was off or turned down when she sung the theme song.

I agree. But she looks great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74December 8, 2021 6:34 PM

A moment of chit-chat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75December 8, 2021 6:35 PM

How awkward was it between Mindy Cohn and Jen Anniston? Mindy is BFFs with Angelina and godmother to one of her and Brad's kids...

by Anonymousreply 76December 8, 2021 6:37 PM

r66 and r76 ANISTON, not Anniston (which is a city in Alabama.)

by Anonymousreply 77December 8, 2021 6:43 PM

Jimmy didn't seem to appreciate Kim sneaking in her plug.

by Anonymousreply 78December 8, 2021 6:49 PM

I also found it odd they switched Rocky's "affliction" from acne to braces.

Why would you call a guy with a dental apparatus "Rocky?" IS mocking acne terrible now, even if it is the bad guys doing it?

Ann Dowd at least deserves an Emmy nomination for this. She didn't full on mimic Charlotte Rae, but she captured her kind spirit. He work in the kitchen scene where she finds out the plan with Rocky was better than this deserved.

by Anonymousreply 79December 8, 2021 6:53 PM

Jen Aniston should have had more fun playing a spoiled heiress given her signature ro!e. She played her more like Maude than Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 80December 8, 2021 7:00 PM

I didn't see it last night but just watched the clip at R75 and goddamnnnn Lisa Whelchel looks fucking amaaazzing. Seriously, looking at her is like looking at a rerun from 1988. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 81December 8, 2021 7:01 PM

Lee is ONLY 96.

by Anonymousreply 82December 8, 2021 7:04 PM

Which Classic Sitcoms Will Be Done Next?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83December 8, 2021 7:15 PM

In the comments section of the article I posted above, someone recommended Jane Lynch to play Maude. I think that would be a pretty solid choice.

by Anonymousreply 84December 8, 2021 7:17 PM

Mindy is morphing to Miss Swan.

by Anonymousreply 85December 8, 2021 7:26 PM

*into

by Anonymousreply 86December 8, 2021 7:26 PM

I love Mindy! She hangs out here sometimes

by Anonymousreply 87December 8, 2021 7:27 PM

[quote]Lee is ONLY 96.

Eat dirt and die, Norman!

by Anonymousreply 88December 8, 2021 7:31 PM

r78 Kim is shameless like that. Janet Jackson did a post on Instagram for Kim's birthday and Kim commented saying thank you and then proceeded to plug her TV show.

by Anonymousreply 89December 8, 2021 7:54 PM

[quote]I noticed some tension between Mindy and Kim....when on set they had zero interaction and stayed clear of each other.

Blacks hate Jews.

by Anonymousreply 90December 8, 2021 8:04 PM

Why didn't the girls just play themselves? Because of Jo Nancy? It wasn't watchable with all these idiots. Bateman and Stewart made fools of themselves. Jen got all the wrong kind of attention.

by Anonymousreply 91December 8, 2021 8:04 PM

[quote]Lisa looks amazing! Her voice, not so much.

I'll give Lisa credit; she's got guts. She's acknowledged that she isn't a very good singer, but she put on that damn uniform (something the others would NEVER do), went out there (looking fabulous!) and gave it her best shot. I've heard worse. And she seemed like she was having fun -- but she always does at these reunion-y things. (I also remembered, after seeing this, that she & Charlotte sang the theme song together at the TV Land Awards many years ago)

As for Kim Fields: something went wrong with her entrance. Either she wasn't cued at the right time, or the camera wasn't in the right position? Point is: somebody goofed, and she didn't get her big one-shot entrance with title card. I suspect that's what she was so so annoyed about, not anything to do with Mindy or Lisa. (Kim, Lisa & Nancy have all been on Mindy's podcast within the last year or so)

by Anonymousreply 92December 8, 2021 8:16 PM

I'm sure because Kim was raised in this business virtually from day one (her mother is actress Chip Fields), she has show business in her blood and probably just can't help herself by now.

by Anonymousreply 93December 8, 2021 8:16 PM

R92, I seem to recall that Lisa and Kim also did a movie together a few years ago (on Lifetime or Hallmark or one of those channels).

by Anonymousreply 94December 8, 2021 8:19 PM

By the way, R93 is a reply to R89 (I forgot to properly quote).

by Anonymousreply 95December 8, 2021 8:20 PM

Kim looked great too, wardrobe aside. Lisa is no Fundie anymore. She was great on Survivor and she is a great friend of the gays. She's extremely likable.

by Anonymousreply 96December 8, 2021 8:20 PM

All anyone is talking about is how amazing Lisa Whelchel looks and how she looks the same as she did in the 80s. Who knew she would get all the attention instead of Jennifer Aniston?

by Anonymousreply 97December 8, 2021 8:24 PM

I really thought Dink was played by Bradley Cooper not Will Arnett. That wig fooled me.

by Anonymousreply 98December 8, 2021 8:28 PM

It was a fun watch, seeing a bunch of celebs camp it up through old schlocky sitcom material. I mean, Kevin Hart as Gary Coleman. Hilarious. A far more enjoyable, intentional trainwreck than last weeks god-awful ANNIE. And this time the tie in commercials were actually funny. If only SNL were this goofy.

by Anonymousreply 99December 8, 2021 8:30 PM

[quote]Who knew she would get all the attention instead of Jennifer Aniston?

I knew.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100December 8, 2021 8:39 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101December 8, 2021 8:42 PM

Lisa was on Survivor about a decade ago, and she looked pretty darned good without any make up in a humid location. She was lucky to have good genetics and all those years of "clean living" really paid off. As someones noted, I suspect she's had some suble work done, but it was very good work and she looks like herself.

by Anonymousreply 102December 8, 2021 8:43 PM

Lisa Whelchel is the same age Charlotte Rae was in Charlotte's last season of FOL. What a mindfuck!

by Anonymousreply 103December 8, 2021 8:46 PM

Damn, she does look great.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104December 8, 2021 8:53 PM

I always thought Lisa was the most talented out of the group. She should’ve had a great career in comedy. Blair’s portrayal was what I was looking forward to the most but they blew it with Aniston.

by Anonymousreply 105December 8, 2021 8:58 PM

I love her. ^

by Anonymousreply 106December 8, 2021 9:01 PM

Jen Aniston - stay away from sub and cigarettes, Jon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107December 8, 2021 10:13 PM

Damn it to Hell Lisa Whelchel looks really good! She looked like someone edited her in from the 1980's or something (that makes no real sense, but you all know what I mean). She made Jennifer Aniston look downright homely. Wow.

Good genes, clean cut living, and a bit of subtle work. The only thing which showed her age was her posture in that schoolgirl uniform. You all promise she is no longer a hard core Fundie? I'm thinking of following her on Instagram for the eye candy.

Kim Fields started acting when she was a fetus basically. She can do no wrong. If she wants to wear a church hat and give her latest work some quick p.r. then I could care less. She has every excuse to have done sundry things; drink, do drugs, God knows what else- and yet she works and tries to earn her money in the only real industry she knows. Wear your church hat and do you, dear.

Mindy Cohn looks horrible in the face. Tell me different. You can't. Her hair looked nice and I think it is hers.

Norman Lear is a force. He has every legit excuse to be at home but came out for this. I like that.

by Anonymousreply 108December 8, 2021 10:52 PM

Will Arnett's thighs could crack walnuts.

by Anonymousreply 109December 8, 2021 10:55 PM

I wish they would do a live in studio remake of The Colby's.

by Anonymousreply 110December 8, 2021 10:58 PM

The Colby's what?

by Anonymousreply 111December 8, 2021 10:59 PM

I was completely disappointed they didn’t work in Blair’s classic line, “I just had one of my brilliant ideas”.

by Anonymousreply 112December 8, 2021 11:03 PM

It sounded like the audio was off for both theme songs. At first I thought Whelchel just didn’t have a very strong voice but then Boyz II Men sounded really low in the mix as well. I was only listening through my regular TV audio so maybe it sounded different in a surround mix.

by Anonymousreply 113December 8, 2021 11:03 PM

You aren't an eldergay are ya?

by Anonymousreply 114December 8, 2021 11:04 PM

Lisa looks amazing. Jen looks fine. With all her money, she could let herself go like Marlon Brando at this point. I respect her efforts.

by Anonymousreply 115December 8, 2021 11:05 PM

My comment was for R111.

by Anonymousreply 116December 8, 2021 11:06 PM

I know about The Colbys. I was "oh dearing" you

by Anonymousreply 117December 9, 2021 12:22 AM

Jen needs to affect a higher voice tone to stop sounding old.

by Anonymousreply 118December 9, 2021 1:32 AM

Ratings:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119December 9, 2021 1:52 AM

R118 Yea, her voice and especially her laugh sounds OLD!

by Anonymousreply 120December 9, 2021 2:05 AM

She smoked for years and years.

by Anonymousreply 121December 9, 2021 2:44 AM

R119 I hope they do more, let's have Maude and Sanford and Son next.

by Anonymousreply 122December 9, 2021 2:45 AM

Ann Dowd kicked ass.

Whoever thought of casting her deserves an award nomination.

I went back and watched the original Diff'rent Strokes episode, and Ann added layers of maternal warmth to Mrs. G. Charlotte Rae seemed like Beth Jarrett in comparison!

by Anonymousreply 123December 9, 2021 3:13 AM

Jennifer looks less like a hot tranny mess than an old-fashioned tran wreck.

by Anonymousreply 124December 9, 2021 3:15 AM

R113 Yes the audio mix was off in both theme song performances.

by Anonymousreply 125December 9, 2021 3:18 AM

They should do the Golden Girls

by Anonymousreply 126December 9, 2021 3:19 AM

Jason Bateman should get those eye bags addressed.

by Anonymousreply 127December 9, 2021 3:23 AM

I love that Lisa Whelchel is getting all the attention instead of Aniston, Arnett and Bateman. People can't stop talking about how great she looks.

by Anonymousreply 128December 9, 2021 3:26 AM

I'd love to see a John Lithgow and Kevin Hart buddy comedy.

by Anonymousreply 129December 9, 2021 3:27 AM

Will Arnett stuffed his shorts and is probably upset his bulge isn't being discussed on a gay board.

by Anonymousreply 130December 9, 2021 3:27 AM

R130 I've always suspected he actually has a large one, did he really need to stuff.

by Anonymousreply 131December 9, 2021 3:29 AM

Allison Tolman was awesome in her season of Fargo, but it was weird to see a real actress trying to act Natalie, and it didn't work.

You need a campy chubster. Aidy Bryant would have been a better choice.

by Anonymousreply 132December 9, 2021 3:31 AM

[quote]Jen needs to affect a higher voice tone to stop sounding old.

Jen sounded like a tween compared to Gabrielle Union. It was very unsettling to hear "Tootie" sounding like Tallulah Bankhead

by Anonymousreply 133December 9, 2021 4:23 AM

I love the trajectory Lisa Whelchel's career (and life) has taken. She's become more enlightened and likable. She really does look amazing.

I hope this gives her acting career a second arc.

by Anonymousreply 134December 9, 2021 4:30 AM

Good News....LINK.........Maude and Golden Girls are both being considered for the next episode....Turns out Norman Lears production company produced a lot of these shows...List of considered shows (including One Day at a Time) .......

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135December 9, 2021 4:32 AM

Yes, we get it. Jen BAD. Lisa GOOD. Riiiight.

by Anonymousreply 136December 9, 2021 4:34 AM

You girls are slipping. No mention of Lisas fabulous brother?..He popped up on Survivor.......Link....Interesting Trivia = he was born during a Facts of Life hiatus when unmarried Lisa was well into her teens...This was also during the time Lisa's"weight issues" were being scrutinized....They look like moth---I mean SISTER and brother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137December 9, 2021 4:47 AM

Gabrielle Union was a poor choice for Tootie. She has zero range and she is simply not funny.

by Anonymousreply 138December 9, 2021 4:54 AM

Is it true Aniston took hormone pills of some kind to achieve her bizarrely thin body?

by Anonymousreply 139December 9, 2021 4:55 AM

Gabrielle Union was awful....Holly Robinson Peete was in a Christmas skit with Kimmel tonight and I thought was a better choice she would have been to be Tootie.

by Anonymousreply 140December 9, 2021 4:56 AM

Hopefully now that Lisa has a new husband she will drop the Fundie nonsense. I checked out his IG account, he's NOT a fan of Trump, so maybe that will rub off on her. Women I have noticed almost always morph into their current life partners political interests. I dont know if she was ever a Trumpeter, just saying chances are she was if she was so into that religious stuff at such an extreme level.

by Anonymousreply 141December 9, 2021 4:57 AM

R141=ridiculous.

I never thought of that angle, R137. Her Survivor reaction to her brother was sooo odd to me, but it never occurred that perhaps he is her son.

by Anonymousreply 142December 9, 2021 5:07 AM

Is it true that Lisa at age 58 was filming a crappy reality show while taking some kind of whore moan pills to control her bizarrely fluctuating fat AND thin body?

by Anonymousreply 143December 9, 2021 5:23 AM

Oh jeez, not the secret baby/sibling crap with Lisa, too!

Total horseshit. Justice was born December 1984, in the middle of FOL's 6th season. Lisa was 21 years old, and had been slimmed for a couple years.

by Anonymousreply 144December 9, 2021 5:48 AM

Aniston was OK. She just didn't act like a teenage girl. She needs to chop her hair off and stop trying to look 30.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145December 9, 2021 5:52 AM

Ann Dowd went Method on Mrs. Garrett and stole the damn thing. Kathryn Hahn was fine and fun and would make a great Jo in a stage production of "The Real Live Facts of Life," but Dowd took the assignment seriously.

She's been excellent for years, but if channeling Charlotte Rae is what gets her attention: whatever.

by Anonymousreply 146December 9, 2021 5:55 AM

R142 = Lisas little brother was quite a surprise to Lisas 51 year old mother when he was born!! R144 = And NO Lisa was not slim. Also the cast was on Hiatus between mid November thru the first week of January. The shows were on a different taping cycle in the 1980s and also taped more episodes than the 10 to 18 episodes they film now.. Rumors have always been around about CHRISTIAN Lisa and little brother and how she used to proclaim her virginity and even refused to portray a Blair as anything but a virgin. There was a stigma in the 1980s to unwed mothers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147December 9, 2021 6:05 AM

In 1983 Dana Plato on Diffrent Strokes (the same show creators as Facts of Life) was FIRED after she got pregnant. That was roughly a year before Lisas Little Brother was born....Just sayin'.......It was a different time...Unwed mothers who portrayed teenagers got canned.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148December 9, 2021 6:10 AM

Lisa's mother was 51 when Lisa's "brother" was born? Hmmmm......

by Anonymousreply 149December 9, 2021 6:15 AM

There's a difference between having a kid late in life vs Dana Plato playing a teen on TV and getting pregnant in real life. Going to hide her behind to sofa for 9 months like Lucy Racardo?

by Anonymousreply 150December 9, 2021 6:25 AM

My ex was 17 years younger than his brother. I was always suspicious of that. Their father and mother were ancient. You're telling me for 17 years your parents never had another kid and then you come along?...Nope. I have watched way too many episodes of Young and Restless to fall for that. I once made a remark about it to my ex and it never seemed to have dawned on him until I brought it up. He wasn't a Young and Restless viewer so maybe that's why.

by Anonymousreply 151December 9, 2021 6:36 AM

[quote]Going to hide her behind to sofa for 9 months like Lucy Racardo?

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 152December 9, 2021 6:37 AM

Jennifer appeared very nervous. Her energy was low and she defiantly did not nail the part of Blair. The others were great, Kathryn was fabulous as Jo. Jason Bateman’s wig was so funny. Kevin Hart was hilarious, too.

Jennifer’s face looked atrocious. Very sad. Please just age graciously.

by Anonymousreply 153December 9, 2021 6:37 AM

Aniston fluffed a number of lines, too.

Everyone except Gabrielle Union managed to outshine her.

She might have scored as Mrs. Garrett—I mean, if you can do a dead-on Julia Duffy impression in your 20s, you can do Charlotte Rae in your 50s—but her vanity wouldn't allow it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154December 9, 2021 7:47 AM

Wow did Lisa look great. I seriously questioned if it was her or somebody impersonating her because she looked like Blair……..in the 80s. Lisa has not aged at all. It was VERY disconcerting to see. I agree with many here- she should have played Blair again.

Kim looked terrible. Her face hasn’t aged much but she was fat. Mindy looked terrible. Nancy is a bitch for not showing up. It is NORMAL LEAR bitch.

by Anonymousreply 155December 9, 2021 10:51 AM

Gabrielle Union was fucking AWFUL. Kathryn as Jo did nothing for me. Ann was great but I wanted her to sound a little bit more like Charlotte. Part of Charlotte being funny was her voice. Jennifer, at times, was good as Blair but seeing Lisa looking every bit her 80s self, she should have played Blair (or the fab Elizabeth Banks). I suspect Lisa didn’t play Blair because that would have been a slap in the face to Kim and Mindy.

I enjoyed DS and Snoop was GREAT. Was Dana Plato’s Kim not in this episode? I thought these were line for line like the originals?

by Anonymousreply 156December 9, 2021 11:01 AM

Most women in Hollywood look like a tranny, or a drag queen.

by Anonymousreply 157December 9, 2021 11:11 AM

Regina Hall would've been great as Tootie.

Love the idea of Aidy Bryant as Natalie.

by Anonymousreply 158December 9, 2021 11:20 AM

Reese should have played Blair. Aniston sucked.

by Anonymousreply 159December 9, 2021 11:29 AM

Jen didn’t have Lisa’s snooty stuck up Blair line delivery . She was Jen as Rachel Green as Blair.

by Anonymousreply 160December 9, 2021 11:54 AM

Hasn’t Nancy McKeon cited ‘profound mortification’ has her steadfast reason for turning this down?

by Anonymousreply 161December 9, 2021 11:57 AM

[quote] Her Survivor reaction to her brother was sooo odd to me, but it never occurred that perhaps he is her son.

That's crazy talk.

by Anonymousreply 162December 9, 2021 12:30 PM

It’s unfortunate if she felt that way about this, R161. It appears these live episodes are set to become an annual holiday special. It seems less nostalgia about the show and more about its creator and his body of work. Going on “Dancing with the Sorta-Kinda Stars” - now that would be mortifying.

by Anonymousreply 163December 9, 2021 12:31 PM

Angelina is the initiator of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 164December 9, 2021 12:40 PM

So Kim, Lisa, and Charlotte all married homosexuals?

by Anonymousreply 165December 9, 2021 1:07 PM

R164 is bi, and licks Jennifer's gash.

by Anonymousreply 166December 9, 2021 1:07 PM

R165 they married bisexuals! No gay men would marry them!

by Anonymousreply 167December 9, 2021 1:08 PM

R166 busted! Your response says it all. 😉

by Anonymousreply 168December 9, 2021 1:08 PM

R168 is a stupid cunt.

by Anonymousreply 169December 9, 2021 1:10 PM

Kim actually looked kind of cute, but she was in terrible clothes and would have looked much better in a outfit that actually fit her, and no hat. She was probably irritated by the issue with the cue, but she was also incredibly nervous, in the clip I saw I thought she was going to burst into tears.

Lisa looked 20 years younger than her age as long as she stood there and smiled. Once she started moving or speaking, the illusion was gone.

by Anonymousreply 170December 9, 2021 1:32 PM

Fucked over AGAIN!

MAGA!!!!

by Anonymousreply 171December 9, 2021 1:54 PM

Nancy McKeon’s extreme mortification coming from the massive speculation that based on her FOL character, she is a major lesbo, R161?

by Anonymousreply 172December 9, 2021 2:00 PM

Lisa has graciously claimed Nancy had family obligations. In an interview, Lisa said Nancy's family had just moved and she had to get her kids in school and blah blah blah. I personally don't believe leaving a 15 and 17 year old for a week would be that cumbersome.

by Anonymousreply 173December 9, 2021 2:43 PM

Seriously, if Norman Fucking Lear could show up at 99 FUCKING YEARS OLD, Nancy McKeon could've dragged her ass to the reunion. WTF else is she so busy doing?

by Anonymousreply 174December 9, 2021 3:37 PM

R169 is a stupider cunt.

by Anonymousreply 175December 9, 2021 3:39 PM

Whatever Nancy's reasons for not being there, from most accounts, she, Lisa, Kim, and Mindy all still seem to be good friends, which I think is the nicest bit of knowledge to come out of all this.

by Anonymousreply 176December 9, 2021 3:43 PM

I wanted Molly Ringwald to show up only to get fired again.

by Anonymousreply 177December 9, 2021 6:18 PM

R177 lol

by Anonymousreply 178December 9, 2021 7:12 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179December 9, 2021 7:37 PM

Aniston looks like Whelchel's older sister.

by Anonymousreply 180December 9, 2021 8:34 PM

Jennifer looks great and is 52. Lisa is 58. One of them is far, far more successful. Take a guess.

by Anonymousreply 181December 9, 2021 8:39 PM

PS I eat mounds and mounds of shit!

by Anonymousreply 182December 9, 2021 8:58 PM

Jo and Blair were going through a serious first time lesbian love affair.

by Anonymousreply 183December 9, 2021 9:13 PM

Julianne Haddock was there at the live. She posted a pic on her Instagram. At least she's not bitter like that Felice.

by Anonymousreply 184December 9, 2021 9:28 PM

I can't wait for next year's "My Mother the Car" reboot.

by Anonymousreply 185December 9, 2021 9:29 PM

Is Nancy still acting? Maybe she’s let herself go and that’s why she didn’t want to appear

by Anonymousreply 186December 9, 2021 9:46 PM

R186 she did manage to make a cameo in the film they all did, I think last year. But she was originally supposed to costar and pulled back to only a cameo at the last minute.

by Anonymousreply 187December 9, 2021 9:49 PM

[quote] Maybe she’s let herself go and that’s why she didn’t want to appear

Why would that stop someone?

by Anonymousreply 188December 9, 2021 9:58 PM

Lisa looked phenomenal standing still or moving.

Glad she pulled back from the crazy religious shit. She realized the “Christians” she was speaking to only wanted to hear negative, harsh judgement and she wasn’t there anymore.

by Anonymousreply 189December 9, 2021 9:59 PM

You take my pussy you take my ass you take ‘em both and there you have the facts of fucks. The facts of fucks.

by Anonymousreply 190December 9, 2021 10:03 PM

R185 was that a. Norman Lear show too?

by Anonymousreply 191December 9, 2021 10:10 PM

Aniston needs a new 'do.

by Anonymousreply 192December 9, 2021 10:13 PM

I subscribe to not channels but want to see this ....any advice?

by Anonymousreply 193December 9, 2021 10:16 PM

[quote]You take my pussy you take my ass you take ‘em both and there you have the facts of fucks. The facts of fucks.

When that boy makes you "late" that you used to date...guess you best masturbate! The facts of fucks. The facts of fucks!

by Anonymousreply 194December 9, 2021 11:02 PM

I wish they'd done the one where Natalie almost gets raped while dressed as Charlie Chaplin.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195December 9, 2021 11:13 PM

Lisa was horribly used and abused by her “church.” She had the charm to go much further as an actress.

Did any of you bitches write the old Blair Necessities blog that followed and spoofed Lisa’s own blog? Some of that stuff was hilarious.

Anyway, I always liked her and I’m glad she’s living her own life now.

by Anonymousreply 196December 10, 2021 12:10 AM

I wish they’d done the episode where Tootie went ape shit because Mrs Garrett said she wouldn’t take her to a Jermaine Jackson concert.

by Anonymousreply 197December 10, 2021 12:16 AM

Tootie's meltdown was Jesse Spano's inspiration for "I'm So Excited."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198December 10, 2021 1:02 AM

Did Tootie become obsessed with Jermaine Jackson before or after her hearing loss?

by Anonymousreply 199December 10, 2021 1:11 AM

[quote] Did Tootie become obsessed with Jermaine Jackson before or after her hearing loss?

All of the Jackson siblings could sing and dance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200December 10, 2021 1:23 AM

[quote]All of the Jackson siblings could sing and dance.

Bless you.

by Anonymousreply 201December 10, 2021 1:28 AM

Lisa was always a big deal back home. We're from the same hometown (Fort Worth, TX). Glad to see she is looking so fabulous.

Also, a couple of points:

(1) I've heard people saying over the past few days that they'd love to see "Golden Girls" be the next one. Though I too would love to see that happen (depending on the casting), I doubt it at this point only because they're only doing shows that were created/produced by Norman Lear. Of course, if ABC would like to branch out to other non-Lear shows, that would open up a lot of other possibilities for great revivals.

(2) Unless they've since decided to only do these during the holidays, I believe the last one aired in May, so perhaps we wouldn't have to wait so long for the next one, whatever show it may be.

by Anonymousreply 202December 10, 2021 1:34 AM

Lisa has always seemed happy and upbeat. Good genes, clean living, yes. Happiness and good energy can do wonders.

by Anonymousreply 203December 10, 2021 1:53 AM

[quote]Of course, if ABC would like to branch out to other non-Lear shows, that would open up a lot of other possibilities for great revivals.

And "Golden Girls" was a Disney (and therefore ABC) property. All of the shows they've done so far were either on NBC or CBS originally.

by Anonymousreply 204December 10, 2021 1:55 AM

Jennifer looks great and is 52. Lisa is 58. Yes but Lisa look far, far more young that that horse next to her. How odd to get someone who looks older than you in real life to play your old part when you are still alive.

by Anonymousreply 205December 10, 2021 1:59 AM

R202 They have expanded things already, since Norman Lear didn't really have much to do with either Different Strokes or The Facts of Life. His production company produced them but he wasn't a creator, producer, or executive producer on either of them. So, I would assume any show produced by Tandem Productions, Embassy, or ACT III is fair game. Which means Married With Children is a possibility. Though, I'm surprised FOX hasn't attempted a live reunion episode, it is still probably their most signature hit other than the Simpsons. The three big ones that Lear played a role in their production that hasn't been done is Sandford and Son, Maude, and Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman. The also haven't done One Day At a Time, but that might be due to the revival being recent. Some popular ones like FOL and DS, he didn't have much to do with but are possibilities because of their popularity is Who's The Boss, and Sliver Spoons.

If he wants to honor his former partner Bud Yorkin, they could throw in What's Happening, which Yorkin produced after breaking with Lear.

I could see them keeping this series going after Lear dies or can no longer appear, then they can expand it further. Being that this is a abc show I'm quite surprised they haven't tweaked the format to do one with Betty White taking Lear's honored spot and doing a Golden Girls or even a Golden Girls/Mary Tyler Moore episode.

by Anonymousreply 206December 10, 2021 2:01 AM

Lisa hasn't gotten a good part since 1988.

by Anonymousreply 207December 10, 2021 2:02 AM

[quote]Lisa has always seemed happy and upbeat. Good genes, clean living, yes. Happiness and good energy can do wonders.

True, but she was on an interview and asked if it was because she was a vegan. Her response was great, "i'm a southern girl, my diet is actually the opposite of that". Ha!

by Anonymousreply 208December 10, 2021 2:02 AM

She drinks the blood of teenage runaways.

by Anonymousreply 209December 10, 2021 2:03 AM

R208 of course she isn't vegan, she wouldn't be smiling so much if she was vegan.

by Anonymousreply 210December 10, 2021 2:06 AM

G' Dammit! I watched Lisa sing that song and I cant get that song out of my head right now. Do you know what its like to have The Facts of Life running on a continuous loop 24/7?

by Anonymousreply 211December 10, 2021 2:08 AM

Who could play Maude?

by Anonymousreply 212December 10, 2021 2:09 AM

r212 As previously discussed -- Harvey Fierstein.

by Anonymousreply 213December 10, 2021 2:12 AM

Since Disney owns the old Fox stuff, they own MTM AND the Golden Girls.

by Anonymousreply 214December 10, 2021 2:12 AM

Who would get Adrienne Barbeau's part? It was all about big tits with that girl.

by Anonymousreply 215December 10, 2021 2:14 AM

[quote] Being that this is a abc show I'm quite surprised they haven't tweaked the format to do one with Betty White taking Lear's honored spot and doing a Golden Girls or even a Golden Girls/Mary Tyler Moore episode.

Betty White will turn 100 in January. I doubt she'll be making any more TV appearances.

by Anonymousreply 216December 10, 2021 2:14 AM

R216 Norman Lear is also turning 100.

by Anonymousreply 217December 10, 2021 2:26 AM

Lots of people could play Adrienne Barbeau. Alaska Thunderfuck maybe? Or Mila Kunis. Scarlett Johansson would be dream casting for Carole. Looks and acts as well as AB.

There's a reason Maude hasn't been done. It was surely the next logical step. But very hard to cast and get a big name to agree to. Someone said Jane Lynch? Hell no - she's scrawny and ropey and without vocal nuance. Her line readings are neither withering or warm. Just sarcastic. Maude was also kind of maudlin. Jane is also at least 20 years too old to play Maude Finlay. God will get you for that.

I suggest.....Queen Latifah or Cher.

by Anonymousreply 218December 10, 2021 2:32 AM

Thank god you're not in charge of casting r218

by Anonymousreply 219December 10, 2021 2:40 AM

Thank god your not in charge of sense of humour R219.

R218 is joking cuz Cher can't act and is 80 fucking ugly years old.

I never hear of Maud but nobody would cast Cher in anything where she had to speak live.

Queen Latifah is very likable with a warm strong presents. Maybe she like Maud?

by Anonymousreply 220December 10, 2021 3:00 AM

Nancy participated in the EW facts of life oral history piece, promoted the DVD release of the show, and did the TV land awards. The excuse that was given for her not doing the awful 2001 reunion movie was that she was filming The Division at the time and wasn’t able to take time off.

I thought it was odd that Mindy and Kim didn’t participate in the EW retrospective when just about everyone did.

by Anonymousreply 221December 10, 2021 3:00 AM

[quote] Who would get Adrienne Barbeau's part? It was all about big tits with that girl.

Christina Hendricks has the biggest tits of all

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222December 10, 2021 3:27 AM

Maybe a Jane Kaczmarek and Brian Cranston reunion for Maude and Walter.

by Anonymousreply 223December 10, 2021 3:31 AM

I thought Mindy Cohn looked horrible and then Just like that, I watched And Just Like That.

by Anonymousreply 224December 10, 2021 3:32 AM

R223, great idea!

by Anonymousreply 225December 10, 2021 3:32 AM

[quote]Maybe a Jane Kaczmarek and Brian Cranston reunion for Maude and Walter.

This is a good idea, except I'd cast Cranston as the Conrad Bain character. William M. Macy could be a good Walter.

Viola Davis as Florida. Elizabeth Banks as Carol. Cast two different actors as Phillip and switch them at act breaks.

by Anonymousreply 226December 10, 2021 3:39 AM

If they do Alice or One Day At A Time, DL will be insane.

by Anonymousreply 227December 10, 2021 3:52 AM

[quote]R212 As previously discussed -- Harvey Fierstein.

God will get you for that. R213.

by Anonymousreply 228December 10, 2021 4:12 AM

[quote]Cast two different actors as Phillip and switch them at act breaks.

I love this idea! It would really be great to do with two actors playing Darrin in a "Bewitched" revival (which, obviously, is the one show that could never be performed in a format like this).

by Anonymousreply 229December 10, 2021 4:13 AM

Bewitched is too archaic for the target demo for this.

by Anonymousreply 230December 10, 2021 4:19 AM

[quote]R216 Norman Lear is also turning 100.

And how many TV appearances have you seen Betty White make in the past few years?

by Anonymousreply 231December 10, 2021 4:21 AM

Betty White only has another month to go before she hits 100.

by Anonymousreply 232December 10, 2021 4:22 AM

R231 According to IMDB she has made three appearances this year to celebrate her 99th birthday, an episode of Hollywood Insider and two episodes of something called The Hollywood Moment At Home.

These shows aren't that taxing for someone in the Norman Lear position, you just have to sit in chair say something witty, and accept praise and homage from everyone. I think Betty White could handle that, unless she has severe dementia, and if that was the case I doubt she would be doing those shows mentioned above.

by Anonymousreply 233December 10, 2021 4:36 AM

R221: As I recall, Mindy's reason for not doing the EW project was that she felt "talked-out" about FOL at that point & had nothing new or meaningful to say about the experience.

Nancy also did the 35th anniversary reunion thing at the Paley Center in 2014 with Lisa, Mindy & Charlotte. (Kim wasn't there, but sent a video greeting.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234December 10, 2021 4:47 AM

Is it on torrents yet....I want to see it.

by Anonymousreply 235December 10, 2021 7:52 AM

[quote] Mindy's reason for not doing the EW project was that she felt "talked-out" about FOL at that point & had nothing new or meaningful to say about the experience.

In other words, Angelina wouldn’t give her the weekend off from her nanny duties.

by Anonymousreply 236December 10, 2021 8:56 AM

R206 Lear just did an interview where it seemed he pretty involved with the early years of DS and FOL as a producer, but he wanted to give other talent the credit, thus his production company being credited for those shows

Both DS and FOL were his ideas , FOL because he had a daughter in an all girls boarding school, he was involved in the casting and wanted Gary Coleman to have his own show after being impressed with him on Good Times, Lear also that he was probably at EVERY taping of FOL overseeing things, he likened his input to that of old school studio head

Al Burton said in one of the BTS FOL specials that Lear and him would go over every FOL script in his office and Lear would send “notes”, notoriously about Mindy Cohn and they would say “Mindy has to stop laughing at her own lines”, Lear would also tell Burton as a mantra that he didn’t want FOL to be about fluff and fought for the show to have substance

by Anonymousreply 237December 10, 2021 8:57 AM

There’s also that interview that Mindy Cohn gave where she said, a few years back, that Marion Ross was cast as Beverly Ann on FOL in 1986 and Ross had shot one episode, Cloris Leachman, who was going through the suicide of her son, got wind and called Norman Lear, knowing he owned the show, directly and BEGGED him got the job, so Ross was paid and let go and Leachman was hired and Ross’ episode was reshot with Leachman

Cohn said it was “very awkward “

by Anonymousreply 238December 10, 2021 9:01 AM

The interview I read with Lear (posted upthread) it sounded likely they would do a Happy Days/Laverne & Shirley live next. At this point, I don’t think it matters whether it’s a Lear show or not - besides, Lear said he and Garry were “good friends.”

I think that would be a good one to do - the shows and characters are beloved but the actors aren’t Bea Arthur level irreplaceable.

by Anonymousreply 239December 10, 2021 9:17 AM

Wow, I had never heard of Marion Ross originally being cast as Beverly Ann. That's odd though because the first thing they filmed with the Beverly Ann character was that tv movie where they went to Australia. It was filmed during the summer of 86 and aired in February 87.

by Anonymousreply 240December 10, 2021 12:03 PM

Marion Ross would have been perfect as Charlotte's sister. Hell they even have the same last name.

by Anonymousreply 241December 10, 2021 12:18 PM

How the hell are Ross and Rae the same last names, R241?

by Anonymousreply 242December 10, 2021 12:44 PM

I was thinking of Charlotte Ross who could easily have been a 3rd sister from Appleton, WI.

by Anonymousreply 243December 10, 2021 12:46 PM

[quote]Who would get Adrienne Barbeau's part? It was all about big tits with that girl.

Lola "Jugs" Consuelos

by Anonymousreply 244December 10, 2021 12:51 PM

I loved the commercials. The Jack-in-the-Box one with the shoulder pads was the best, but I'm curious if they showed it nationwide, since JITB is only in around 25 states.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245December 10, 2021 2:20 PM

Commercials on YouTube.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246December 10, 2021 2:23 PM

“All talked out” means they weren’t paying.

by Anonymousreply 247December 10, 2021 3:18 PM

r247, you beat me to it. I read the article instead of posting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248December 10, 2021 3:52 PM

R237 Do you know where he did that interview because I would love to read/see it. From everything I've read DS, before, it was created basically by committee including a lot of input from star Conrad Bain, who was the second breakout star of Maude. Norman Lear and his company wanted a vehicle for Bain and one for Gary Coleman, so they decided to team them up and build a show around them.

I'm sure Lear had a hand in every show his company produced, but even though DS and FOL would do some "ripped from the headlines" special episodes, they never felt like Lear shows compared to the ones we think of as Lear shows. They were just a little too sweet. Nancy Reagan even guest starred on DS to plug "Just Say No." I couldn't imagine her guest starring on All In The Family, Maude, Good Times, Sanford and Son, The Jeffersons, or One Day At A Time.

by Anonymousreply 249December 10, 2021 4:33 PM

r240, per Mindy's recent interview here, Marion never shot an episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250December 10, 2021 4:44 PM

[quote]Nancy Reagan even guest starred on DS to plug "Just Say No." I couldn't imagine her guest starring on All In The Family, Maude, Good Times, Sanford and Son, The Jeffersons, or One Day At A Time.

I would've paid good money to see Ann Romano slap Nancy Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 251December 10, 2021 4:47 PM

[quote]Nancy McKeon has refused to do FOL reunion stuff for years.

Who the hell does she think she is -- us?

by Anonymousreply 252December 10, 2021 4:56 PM

R251 Nancy would've slapped her right back, and it would've ended with a fight better than the Lilypad one on Dynasty.

by Anonymousreply 253December 10, 2021 5:14 PM

R249 because they were aimed more at kids

I could definitely see Nancy Reagen on ODAAT in the later years which were light and less issue driven

Similar to FOL’s later seasons

If you watch the first 5 seasons of FOL it FEELS 100 % like a Lear sitcom, non stop drama and issues of the week from abortion to drugs to teen suicide to racism etc

And like other Lear shows it felt like a play and everyone shouted their lines

by Anonymousreply 254December 10, 2021 5:41 PM

Someone upthread commented that they thought Kim Fields looked like she was going burst into tears (and was trying to hold it together) -- as opposed to being unenthusiastic about being there (or annoyed/flustered by the missed entrance-cue). Apparently, that's exactly what was happening, as Kim explained on Instagram.

She had me blubbering at the end, talking about Todd Bridges.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255December 10, 2021 5:58 PM

Bullshit, R252. They had a birthday thingy for Charlotte Rae on some morning show once and Clooney sent a tape. McKeon was live via satellite. Kim and Lisa were in the studio with her. No tape, no satellite, no show-Mindy fucking Cohn.

by Anonymousreply 256December 10, 2021 5:59 PM

She looks a lot more relaxed and having more fun in those behind-the-scenes shots and videos on her Insta, r255. Glad you linked to that.

by Anonymousreply 257December 10, 2021 6:12 PM

Kim Fields is more dramatic than a Mexican sosp opera.

by Anonymousreply 258December 10, 2021 6:22 PM

Has anyone watched Kim Fields' show on Netflix, with Wanda Sykes and Mike Epps. It is called The Upshaws and is pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 259December 10, 2021 6:37 PM

I thought Netflix didn't want to give Wanda a decent salary.

by Anonymousreply 260December 10, 2021 6:40 PM

Lear talked about FOL in a recent Variety interview where he said he sat in every taping and was in charge of the show “the way a studio head ran his studio”, the producers and writers were all hired and assigned by Lear and yes if you look at IMDB you see a big overlap of writers/producers of FOL and ODAAT, Lear would switch them back and forth

by Anonymousreply 261December 10, 2021 6:43 PM

Best photo of the night! (or my favorite, anyway). During the end-credit roll, I noticed these two exchanging a few words in the background, and immediately thought: "D'oh!! Someone MUST get photo of those two together!!"

It amuses & delights me to no end. Can you imagine if you were visited by a time traveler in 1996, and they produced this photo, and said (with no explanation): "In twenty-five years, this will happen". 🤯🤣

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 262December 10, 2021 6:44 PM

Love Snoop Dogg.

by Anonymousreply 263December 10, 2021 6:45 PM

Snoop was really mean to Oprah's wife.🐕🐩

by Anonymousreply 264December 10, 2021 6:54 PM

I love The Upshaws! For those who are thinking about checking it out....don't judge it on the pilot. Watch at least two episodes. The pilot is kinda clunky & awkward (especially the first act) -- as many pilots are -- because there's a good deal of somewhat unnatural expository dialogue. It definitely improves.

by Anonymousreply 265December 10, 2021 7:08 PM

R261 It is interesting because it wasn't really talked about for years. I guess when they were on he just didn't publicize his close involvement because these were family shows and his brand was "adult" shows. People might have prejudged DS and FOL if they knew how involved he was.

by Anonymousreply 266December 10, 2021 7:29 PM

R266 true but I always got the feeling that he was more involved with DS AND FOL than many thought

Roger Corman, the legendary B movie producer, would start his own company and produce and oversee these films but also wouldn’t take a producing credit many people didn’t know how hands on and involved he was, Slumber Party Massacre was one of those films and in interviews with the director, she constantly mentions how everything had to be approved by Corman, that he ran the film, despite not being listed as a producer, but his production company, Concord pictures was credited instead

by Anonymousreply 267December 10, 2021 7:35 PM

Ah, Kim Fields is a sweetheart. Feeling all the awkward sentiment at R255. Thanks for posting that.

Tootie looks good IRL.

by Anonymousreply 268December 10, 2021 8:28 PM

Apparently Nancy had an ounce of dignity in her bloodstream

by Anonymousreply 269December 10, 2021 8:36 PM

R256: George, Molly Ringwald, AND Mindy all sent video messages to Charlotte! It was Hallmark's Home & Family show -- in general celebration of FOL & Charlotte, who had recently released her memoir (and was about to turn 90).

Todd Bridges was on as a surprise guest (a surprise to them), as was Geri Jewell (because, of course), and Gloria Loring performed the full theme song. Nancy skyped in during a later cooking segment with Lisa.

Mindy's video is at 2:50 in the first clip:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 270December 10, 2021 9:28 PM

R270 I'm glad to see that Charlotte seems to have been as loved by her costars as Miss Garrett was on screen.

by Anonymousreply 271December 10, 2021 9:30 PM

George & Molly's messages to Charlotte (followed by Todd's intro):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272December 10, 2021 9:32 PM

R259 = Kim Fields

by Anonymousreply 273December 10, 2021 11:31 PM

R273= Kim Carnes

by Anonymousreply 274December 11, 2021 1:15 AM

I was surprised Ann Dowd was the only one who tried at all to get both the vocal and physical mannerisms of the original actor. Kathryn Hahn got Nancy McKeon's physical mannerisms but not her voice, and no one else even tried.

It makes me sad because Kim Fields as Tootie is so imitable--she talks in a way I think any good comic actor could replicate.

by Anonymousreply 275December 11, 2021 1:23 AM

R230 whatcha talking bout too archaic? I love Bewitched and I still watch it today. I own the series, yes, I think I am hot stuff. I guess a little archaic, too. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 276December 11, 2021 1:29 AM

R230 I wouldn't say that. The target seems to be people who were kids in the 70s, 80s, and early 90s. Bewitched ended in 1972 and then entered syndication. In the 1980's it entered bartered syndication and became a staple of the "kids sitcom slots" along with The Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, and I Dream of Jeannie.

by Anonymousreply 277December 11, 2021 2:06 AM

r274= Kim Hunter

by Anonymousreply 278December 11, 2021 2:19 AM

These reunion shows always make me a little sad, the passage of time and all that. I loved the late 70s/early 80s so much

by Anonymousreply 279December 11, 2021 2:41 AM

[quote]I love Bewitched and I still watch it today.

I think "Bewitched," with its otherworldly subject matter, still has marketability to a younger audience; however, given the special effects required to stage it, it would likely be too big of a headache to perform in a live format like this.

by Anonymousreply 280December 11, 2021 2:44 AM

R280 Actually, it could provide extra laughs and excitement if they had to create such effects live on air. Though, out of 254 episodes I'm sure they could find one that had only a minimum of magical moments.

But, one thing I think they are sticking to is performing shows that were originally filmed before a studio audience. Bewitched wasn't because of the effects.

by Anonymousreply 281December 11, 2021 2:58 AM

R278 = Kim Jong-Un

by Anonymousreply 282December 11, 2021 4:08 AM

Are y'all suffering from aspergers echolalia? Yeah we get the Kim variations. Shut the fuck up now.

by Anonymousreply 283December 11, 2021 4:12 AM

I was never a huge fan of either of those shows but I probably watched them by default back in the day since there weren't a lot of other options. That said, I thought Kevin Hart, Ann Dowd, and John Lithgow were the MVPs. Other than Dowd, no one in the "Facts" episode did a great job.

by Anonymousreply 284December 11, 2021 2:19 PM

I meant to mention this upthread, but I think I got sidetracked and didn't. Kim Fields' father has worked the sound booth for most of the run of Kimmel's talk show...Kim mentioned this when she was on the show as a guest of--not Kimmel--but her new co-star Wanda Sykes when Wanda was hosting during Kimmel's summer hiatus. We either speculated about that here or on the YT comments; it seems odd Kimmel would've never had her on, even to promote a Hallmark movie. Odd that it took her new co-star guest-hosting his show to have her on.

I follow Nancy McKeon on IG and she's not mentioned a peep about the live show.

by Anonymousreply 285December 11, 2021 2:21 PM

I just watched it and I agree, Aniston played Blair like Rachel 2.0. There's no aloof and self centered, head in the sky in the character like the original... Now about to watch Diff'rent Strokes

by Anonymousreply 286December 11, 2021 2:42 PM

As far as Tootie goes, they would have been better off taking Kevin Hart and putting a mushroom wig on him.

by Anonymousreply 287December 11, 2021 2:57 PM

R286 here. After watching Diff'rent Strokes, I think Aniston would've been better cast playing Dana Plato's character. Why didn't producers choose an episode with Kimberly in it?

by Anonymousreply 288December 11, 2021 3:14 PM

The Diff'rent Strokes episode that they did was from season one. Plato didn't appear in all episodes from that season and actually didn't become a full time cast member until season two. She was mentioned at being away at school (Eastland) a lot until producers thought it'd be good to a have a character young girls could identify with all the time.

by Anonymousreply 289December 11, 2021 3:44 PM

[quote] Nancy McKeon has refused to do FOL reunion stuff for years.

I think that was definitely true early-on, in the late 1990s-early 2000s -- but not now, within the last ten years. Most obvious was her absence from the 2001 reunion movie, but it was also around that time that FOL started popping up on programs like E! True Hollywood Story, Cast Confessions, Truth Behind the Sitcom Scandals, etc. Nancy never did any of those, while Lisa, Mindy, Kim & Charlotte were interviewed for all of them.

And then, of course, she & Charlotte declined to participate in the cast interviews/special features on the S1-S2 dvd. IIRC, Charlotte objected because they weren't entitled to any of the dvd profits as actors (under their original contracts/residual agreements) -- only the producers/writers would profit. I assumed that was Nancy's issue as well, but then she agreed to a handful of interviews with Lisa & Mindy (Entertainment Tonight & the like) to promote the dvd release. That was a little a bit of a head-scratcher.

With the benefit of hindsight, I think Nancy ended up doing the "reunions" that REALLY mattered the most. The 2011 TV Land awards in honor of FOL, the EW oral history, the Paley Center 35th anniversary panel, and the Home & Family show (via Skype) in honor of Charlotte.

by Anonymousreply 290December 12, 2021 12:41 AM

I'd like to see them recreate the shows where Blair and Jo had those awful mullets. And when Natalie lost her flower even though it was without Blair. Also the Jermaine episode. Or is Cindy a lez or just touchy feely tomboy one.

by Anonymousreply 291December 12, 2021 12:51 AM

I wanted to see The Four Musketeers (paint-fight episode) or Take My Finals, Please. Those were the best episodes of FOL -- when it was just the four of them, riffing off each other & Mrs. G.

by Anonymousreply 292December 12, 2021 1:03 AM

[quote]Or is Cindy a lez or just touchy feely tomboy one.

I wath not a lez!

by Anonymousreply 293December 12, 2021 1:03 AM

They should do the episode where Jo taught Blair how to use a vibrator. That one is a classic.

by Anonymousreply 294December 12, 2021 1:29 AM

Ya keep trying, R293/R294.....but you're not as funny as you think you are.

by Anonymousreply 295December 12, 2021 1:50 AM

"Jo, have you ever touched yourself.......down there?"

by Anonymousreply 296December 12, 2021 1:58 AM

Lisa Whelchel & Kim Fields should be a LESSON to young women across the entertainment biz. Don't fuck with your face! Don't get started with with lifts, the lip injections, and what-not. Age gracefully. And everyone will LOVE you, and think you look TREMEMDOUS!

by Anonymousreply 297December 12, 2021 5:37 AM

R297, I think it’s more that they got lucky. Most people age badly. It’s sort of damned if you do, damned if you don’t, especially for celebrities. Like a few months back Andie McDowell and Brooke Shields were criticized for being natural. After seeing Aniston, I might choose wrinkles. I do think she is someone that didn’t need all that to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 298December 12, 2021 5:43 AM

I LOVE those two episodes R292.

by Anonymousreply 299December 12, 2021 5:43 AM

Take my finals was their best episode. But I think that it was less comedic than the one they went with. They also like loading these shows up with guest star cameos like John Stewart and Jason Bateman. I actually like the first season of the show the best, but I knew they would never go that route.

As for the next ones... Alice or ODAAT would be great. I could see Mary Tyler Moore also.

by Anonymousreply 300December 12, 2021 6:01 AM

Never touch the Golden Girls. There’s loads of other cheesy 70/80s sitcoms to play with but you don’t fuck with Bea, Betty, Rue and Estelle!

by Anonymousreply 301December 12, 2021 12:30 PM

B I A to the N C A

what are you doin here today?

by Anonymousreply 302December 12, 2021 12:31 PM

You don't fuck with the Mary Tyler Moore Show either, R301.

by Anonymousreply 303December 12, 2021 1:36 PM

R301 the drag queens fuck up the GG remakes all the time. Just check out Jackie Beat's page

by Anonymousreply 304December 12, 2021 7:20 PM

Merry Christmas!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 305December 22, 2021 10:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!