Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Deep Fried Bacon

OK so I's look on the Interwebs and find every recipe says you have to bread the bacon. What the fuck am up with dat? How come you can't just put the bacons in the oil directly?

Are this a mystery or how come?

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2021 5:42 AM

Deep-fried bacon? Sounds yummy!

by Anonymousreply 1December 7, 2021 6:13 PM

Double yum

by Anonymousreply 2December 7, 2021 6:21 PM

So why do all the recipes call for batter? Why not dump the bacon in naked?

by Anonymousreply 3December 7, 2021 6:29 PM

Why do they always batter before deep frying? I saw deep frying bread and putting the bread in batter? Why not just fry the bread? Same for bananas, peaches, berries...Always batter them. Why not just eat the fried batter?

by Anonymousreply 4December 7, 2021 8:07 PM

You are what you eat! Pigs~

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5December 7, 2021 8:12 PM

[quote] What the fuck am up with dat?

You sound too angry to cook. Cooking is all about creating.

by Anonymousreply 6December 7, 2021 8:18 PM

Sounds awful.

by Anonymousreply 7December 7, 2021 11:50 PM

When I bread my bacon I always wrap it in bacon strips rubbed in brown sugar so it doesn't dry out in the oil. Also, it's best if you include a stick of butter under the wrapping.

by Anonymousreply 8December 8, 2021 12:17 AM

Chicken-Fried Bacon is a very elegunt first course.

by Anonymousreply 9December 8, 2021 12:18 AM

If you just put the bacon in oil, it wouldn’t be deep fried, it would just be bacon, cooked in extra oil for no reason. And then the oil would come off it.

You need the breading to soak up the oil.

But please don’t ever do this.

by Anonymousreply 10December 8, 2021 12:21 AM

OP “bacons”? Really?

by Anonymousreply 11December 8, 2021 12:23 AM

[quote] "Chicken-Fried Bacon is a very elegunt first course."

I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't eat a few pieces. But I'd rather just have sausage gravy and biscuits, to be honest.

[quote] "But please don’t ever do this."

Yeah, it would definitely have to be a dish purchased in a restaurant, and shared by multiple people. I wouldn't actually make it at home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12December 8, 2021 12:37 AM

I couldn’t eat that because I’m not suthren. I do fry my bacon in water. Add enough water to cover the bacon and cook on medium heat. The water reduces splattering and the bacon is very crispy.

by Anonymousreply 13December 8, 2021 1:22 AM

The water *reduces* splattering?? Water and grease is usually the splatteringest combination you can do in a pan.

I’ve never heard of anyone “frying” bacon in water, but if it works for you, that’s all that matters. I bake mine in the oven and get the best results that way. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Much easier cleanup.

by Anonymousreply 14December 8, 2021 2:48 AM

Bad Daddy's Burger Bar has a burger with breaded deep fried bacon on it. It makes the burger incredibly tall and difficult to eat, and frankly, the breading doesn't really add much to the bacon. Maybe it is better just on its own. I only ordered that burger once, and ordered something else on subsequent visits.

by Anonymousreply 15December 8, 2021 3:14 AM

I travled up north once and they was putting bacon in drinks. I thought that was kind of cool, specially for a yankee.

by Anonymousreply 16December 8, 2021 3:38 AM

My university’s main cafeteria cooked their unbreaded bacon in deep fryers like French Fries it made the best bacon patty melts.

by Anonymousreply 17December 8, 2021 4:00 AM

I just feel so sorry for the pigs.

by Anonymousreply 18December 8, 2021 5:28 AM

[quote]I bake mine in the oven and get the best results that way.

R14 Doesn't your oven smell like bacon for days afterwards?

by Anonymousreply 19December 8, 2021 5:42 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!