Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden Got More NEGATIVE Press In 2021 Than Trump In 2020

Biden got more negative press coverage for the withdrawal from Afghanistan than Trump did at any point in 2020—when he was openly subverting the electoral process and actively making the pandemic worse.

From the Washington Post Below

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59December 20, 2021 7:07 PM

Agree.

by Anonymousreply 1December 5, 2021 8:21 PM

Why is this a poll, OP? The data doesn't lie.

by Anonymousreply 2December 5, 2021 8:22 PM

Biden committed the Cardinal Sin of raising taxes on the wealthy that own the media, it is as simple as that.

by Anonymousreply 3December 5, 2021 8:24 PM

Disagree and It is coming from someone who voted for him and supported his presidential campaign. I am not happy about most of his policies.

by Anonymousreply 4December 5, 2021 8:24 PM

[quote] Why is this a poll, OP? The data doesn't lie.

Tell that to R4

by Anonymousreply 5December 5, 2021 8:25 PM

r3 Biden hasn't raised taxes on anyone, and no, it's not as simple as that, that is an absurdly simplistic viewpoint, not to mention incorrect.

r5 I WOULDN'T HAVE ASKED BECAUSE WHO THE FUCK CARES what some uneducated hillbilly faux "Democrat" (or worse, "Independent") thinks.

by Anonymousreply 6December 5, 2021 8:27 PM

r4 He hasn't surprised anyone with his policies. If you were actually paying attention to his campaign, all of this is what he campaigned on. The only sticky part is the mess at the border, but that's because all the handwringing from always-online Democrats are expecting him to govern like he has more than the narrowest margin in the Congress and can implement immigration reform that somehow fixes the problem of a bunch of people trying to get into the US because their own countries are falling apart. All of that stuff takes time to fix, so I'm not mad that he hasn't made some magical improvement.

I'm guessing, assuming you are an actual Biden voter, that you weren't paying attention to what he campaigned on.

by Anonymousreply 7December 5, 2021 8:30 PM

The media covered up Joe's incompetence during the length of the campaign and as long into the administration as they possibly could. It's not been that long ago since the press corp's idea of a hard hitting question was what flavor ice cream he preferred.

But they could lie to the public only so far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8December 5, 2021 8:31 PM

Democrats have zero interest in presenting a united front either to the electorate or to the Republicans. They'll sacrifice anyone or anything at the altar of political correctness just to make sure absolutely no one is offended. When you try to please everyone, you end up pleasing no one.

by Anonymousreply 9December 5, 2021 8:33 PM

r8 thanks for the link to the Conservative-owned Newsweek. Please link us to the posts where you discuss how offended you were with all of the lies and broken promises during the Trump era. We'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 10December 5, 2021 8:33 PM

R4 is a fickle straight woman. I don’t give a fuck what she thinks.

by Anonymousreply 11December 5, 2021 8:34 PM

R11 neither do I give a eff but thanks for noticing my post.

by Anonymousreply 12December 5, 2021 8:58 PM

Biden is actually doing a good job. The "news" is the root cause of the vast majority of our divisiveness, at least among Democrats.

It's obvious from fucking Mars.

by Anonymousreply 13December 5, 2021 8:59 PM

When you compare the men's actions as President during those years it is hands down Biden who has gotten the worst coverage. Trump got a lot of negative press but he did a lot of negative things to deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 14December 5, 2021 9:14 PM

𝑵𝒂𝒕𝒆 𝑺𝒊𝒍𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝑺𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒅𝒔 𝑺𝒕𝒖𝒅𝒚 𝑫𝒂𝒏𝒂 𝑴𝒊𝒍𝒃𝒂𝒏𝒌 𝑪𝒊𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝑪𝒍𝒂𝒊𝒎 𝑴𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒂 𝑻𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒔 𝑩𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝑾𝒐𝒓𝒔𝒆 𝑻𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝑻𝒓𝒖𝒎𝒑: ‘𝑪𝒐𝒎𝒑𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒆 𝑪𝒓𝒂𝒑’

Nate Silver @NateSilver538 · Dec 6, 2021

What's probably happening here is that words like "high" and "rise" are viewed as favorable by the algorithm, even if they're taken completely out of context (e.g. "higher taxes" or "stock futures rise"). 3/

Nate Silver @NateSilver538 · Dec 6 These are the articles the algorithm found, out of more than 40K stories, were the most favorable toward Biden. It's just totally random. Lots of stories about the stock market. Many have nothing to do with Biden at all ("Haiti President Assassinated At Home, Wife Wounded"). 2/

Nate Silver

Here are the articles that the algorithm deems *least* favorable to Biden, by contrast. These are a little bit more on the mark, but still, mediocre at best. Again, lots of stuff about stock or commodity prices. And lots of polling stories, e.g. about Biden's approval rating. 4/

Nate Silver @NateSilver538 · Dec 6 Replying to @NateSilver538 I know some of you would say the media should have fewer polling-driven stories. I mostly disagree, I guess. But, I don't think it reflects some sort of bias if Biden's approval rating drops 5 points and the news outlet writes about that, and the framing is mostly negative. 5/

Nate Silver @NateSilver538 · Dec 6

𝑫𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒈𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒈𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒂𝒍𝒈𝒐𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒉𝒎𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒉𝒂𝒓𝒅, 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒏 𝒆𝒔𝒑𝒆𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒃𝒂𝒅 𝒐𝒏𝒆.

And as a news consumer, you should be extremely wary of statistical methodologies you don't understand but that confirm your priors. 8/8

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 7, 2021 11:40 PM

If we are just comparing 2020 Trump to 2021 Biden, absolutely Biden has gotten more bad press. By 2020 people had already endured years of Trump's reign and the pandemic dominated the news cycle.

by Anonymousreply 16December 7, 2021 11:46 PM

The press want Trump back so fucking bad they can taste it.

Crazy sells. Actual governance does not.

by Anonymousreply 17December 7, 2021 11:49 PM

R4 Isn’t a Biden voter. If she was, she is a fucking dimwit cunt who didn’t pay attention AT ALL during the campaign. Biden has so far passed legislation that already is or will be of hugely positive consequences for virtually every citizen. The American Rescue Plan and BIF bill are huge fucking deals on their own. Huge. Add whatever he gets from BBB and he is the most consequential president since FDR.

The corporate media isn’t making money off of him so they’re pissed.

by Anonymousreply 18December 7, 2021 11:52 PM

You're all sniffing gasoline if you believe Biden gets treated as bad or worse than Trump.

FFS!

by Anonymousreply 19December 7, 2021 11:53 PM

People like R4 is the only reason why Biden won. People failed to really dig at his policies, and now say they "regret" voting for him. His policies were always there. The issue here is that people simply voted for "not Trump" regardless who the other Democrat candidate was. That's the problem with some Democrats. They assume their candidate is always a good one, just for the sake of being Democrats or "not GOP." Sure, Democrats generally have better policies than Republicans, but these last few years, we've had some incompetent politicians from both parties. The ratio from both parties is starting to look the same. I guarantee you that a big majority of Biden voter's are regretting their vote today. Why? Because they don't do any research and just jump to consequences. We either need more parties like other countries, or stop focusing on the party and look at each candidate individually.

by Anonymousreply 20December 7, 2021 11:57 PM

R18 so tell me what are his policies so far douchebag. Just not name his BBB tell me what is in the bill. I am sure it will be crickets.

by Anonymousreply 21December 8, 2021 10:10 AM

Listen he was the only choice to vote for sadly but not my choice personally. He really is “sleepy Joe”. He stumbles his words and misspeaks. He’s fucked the border and Afghanistan. Kamala is AWOL as a leader but she is shopping and her FUG step daughter is “modeling” now cause of her famous name. Hunters a crack smoking, sneaky, dead beat dad and GAS PRICES + INFLATION. We are FUCKED! The crime is Way worse Than the Terrible Trump years so it’s just 4 more shit show years in other areas. I’d take Trumps crime stances but not his fake religious pandering to get the far right votes. He’s always been friends of gays and fine with abortion but he went all in when he realized the fringe conservatives LOVE HIM so he said what they wanted to hear. His 2 eldest sons should be shot with their hunting rifles. Ivanka is definitely her fathers sexual toy (gagging as I type that) so she’s so far gone with how he’s manipulated her since birth. Tiffany he didn’t acknowledge and Barron clearly LOATHES them all (Hopefully he escaped their cult and runs free to be himself). Biden sucks but as a human he’s a bit better yet he’s too soft and gives criminals a wrist slap whilst victims are left to pick up the pieces of their ruined lives. Crime is out of the world insane. The woke bullshit is over the top. I hate the country right now.

by Anonymousreply 22December 8, 2021 12:04 PM

Trump set up the Afghanistan withdrawal as a trap, and the GOP assumed the new president (if it wasn't Trump) would reneg on the deal or something similar. They didn't believe Biden would actually call their bluff and withdraw troops. He did and the war profiteers went nuts, angry that their profits from this never-ending war were cut off. That translated into the corporate media slamming Biden continuously, mostly in revenge.

It's always about money. Always.

by Anonymousreply 23December 8, 2021 12:10 PM

ALMOST as much. Biden hardly gets credit for anything good he's done. Trump got coverage for being an asshole because he didn't do anything--at least not ethically.

by Anonymousreply 24December 8, 2021 12:28 PM

"You're all sniffing gasoline if you believe Biden gets treated as bad or worse than Trump"

Considering that Donald J. Trump (and by extension, his whore wife and his demon seed spawn) is the biggest dirtball,, scumbag, con artist/grifter, asshole supreme, faux patriot/faux Chrisitan, lower than dirt traitor and attempted murderer who ever occupied the Oval Office, Biden has indeed been shafted by the press.

by Anonymousreply 25December 8, 2021 12:32 PM

Disagree. People are still giving Trump bad press 11 months after he left office.

by Anonymousreply 26December 8, 2021 12:36 PM

I take that back. No way has Biden gotten more negative press this year than Trump did last year. However, it seems that the press isn't acknowledging Biden's accomplishments as much as his failures.

I think Trump's negative press outweighs all.

by Anonymousreply 27December 8, 2021 12:43 PM

You're going to have to actually SHOW your data if you're going to claim that this isn't true.

The data from the study is available in the article. If you're saying the data is wrong and the results are wrong, you have to say WHY, you can't just go "well I FEEL like it's wrong so therefore it is."

by Anonymousreply 28December 8, 2021 12:52 PM

And he deserves any bit of it. R26.

How many ex-presidents are wanted for questioning for inciting a riot and attempting to murder his Vice-President and the Speaker of the House?

by Anonymousreply 29December 8, 2021 12:53 PM

[quote] Biden hasn't raised taxes on anyone, and no, it's not as simple as that, that is an absurdly simplistic viewpoint, not to mention incorrect.

R6

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 8, 2021 1:08 PM

[quote] Biden hasn't raised taxes on anyone, and no, it's not as simple as that, that is an absurdly simplistic viewpoint, not to mention incorrect.

R6

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 8, 2021 1:09 PM

Biden and his team have been awful on messaging, especially the incompetent Jen Psaki.

by Anonymousreply 32December 8, 2021 1:18 PM

Boris is all over this thread. You all NEVER come up with anything original or interesting. Just regurgitated Russian/Heritage talking points. Ahahahahahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 33December 8, 2021 1:42 PM

Since Trump left office, the ratings at MSNBC and, in particular, CNN have tanked significantly. There best hope is to have Trump get re-elected so that their ad revenues increase. That being said, I think that the way this research was conducted is suspect. Just based on my own experience, the press was never positive (except Fox) whenever Trump's name was mentioned last year. At least Biden gets some positive coverage most days (again, except Fox).

by Anonymousreply 34December 8, 2021 2:10 PM

No one believes it, OP.

by Anonymousreply 35December 8, 2021 2:28 PM

He didn't subvert the electoral process, he asked for a fair and open recount, which he never got.

There is no way in hell anyone can truthfully say Biden got more negative press. The mainstream media has gone to great lengths to hide his son's deeds alone. Even Jimmy Carter and Reagan were blasted more for their loser relations.

Yet when real issues with Hunter existed they refused to report on it.

You don't like Trump, fair enough, but as a gay your so far in fairyland you might as well be with Jussy in Narnia

by Anonymousreply 36December 8, 2021 2:34 PM

R36 "he didn't subvert the electoral process" are you for real. I agree about hunter stories getting a pass in the mainstream media. You can't even hide your maga bias if you tried.

by Anonymousreply 37December 8, 2021 7:47 PM

Who didn't receive a fair and open recount? You couldn't possibly be talking about Dump? Also what does being gay have to do with it?

Either you're a troll OR you SHOULD be one.

by Anonymousreply 38December 9, 2021 10:31 AM

The media doesn’t seem to care about kids being out in cages separate by their parents when Biden does it. That was the crime of the century when Trump did it,

by Anonymousreply 39December 9, 2021 10:56 AM

"Under Biden, the American economy has recovered from its Trump-era lows with remarkable speed. Just a year ago, the unemployment rate sat stubbornly at 6.7 percent. Today, only 4.2 percent of Americans are out of work. Similar economic recoveries have normally taken three times as long. The Biden administration is delivering on the fastest sustained economic recovery in American history, yet its messaging struggles to tell that story."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40December 9, 2021 1:45 PM

Bidens violent lying woke pick for US Attorney General should be in jail not being handed a coveted job. She had a road rage incident where she faked being a cop to scare the woman she was chasing and she went apeshit on the media for simple questions the other day. She looks like she just came out of WalMart with her sloppy bun and ghetto mouth. She’s a diversity hire with a chip on her shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 41December 12, 2021 12:34 PM

Example A.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 12, 2021 12:59 PM

Difference being Biden has actually EARNED this.

by Anonymousreply 43December 12, 2021 1:53 PM

That's because its a lie r40. Millions dropped out of the workforce entirely and did you forget about Bidenflation? Highest prices in decades. Fraud has consequences.

by Anonymousreply 44December 12, 2021 1:56 PM

R22 is too damn stupid to be allowed to vote. Let's hope it didn't breed.

by Anonymousreply 45December 12, 2021 2:00 PM

I wish Joe Biden would get away from the woke.

by Anonymousreply 46December 12, 2021 2:02 PM

Its not a recount problem r38 its a fraudulent ballots problem. But you already knew that.

by Anonymousreply 47December 12, 2021 2:02 PM

Psaki has been a synonym for incompetent in Russian since at least 2014. True story. She's beyond stupid.

by Anonymousreply 48December 12, 2021 2:05 PM

The United States lost its mind

by Anonymousreply 49December 12, 2021 2:07 PM

r36- Trump lost 63 lawsuits in multiple states even with judges that he appointed. 63 losses/ 0 wins. Zero EVIDENCE of significant voter fraud so let's blame Hunter's laptop instead while ignoring Matt Gaetz's. Also Kamala should be in jail for the America's Christmas Tree Terrorism #pine11, #neverfirget.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 12, 2021 2:13 PM

R47 SURE. Kinda like the ones Trump was pressing Raffensperger to "FIND." But you already knew THAT.

Why do y'all even bother? You will NEVER win at this.

by Anonymousreply 51December 13, 2021 9:22 AM

There is an incredible amount of evidence of voter fraud in several states. R50. Of course fraudulent criminal Joe would say that. His entire family are corrupt garbage.

by Anonymousreply 52December 20, 2021 4:08 PM

Nate Silver is full of shit with this. He just likes getting his name out there. Even if there are issues with the algorithm, if you're applying the same algorithm to both Trump and Biden, the results are relevant.

by Anonymousreply 53December 20, 2021 4:51 PM

[quote] if you're applying the same algorithm to both Trump and Biden, the results are relevant.

And there we are. The purpose of algorithm analysis is to eliminate such hysteria and prejudice to let the numbers speak for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 54December 20, 2021 5:02 PM

R52 you lying idiot, where is the "incredible" evidence of voter fraud? Where? Come on you lying weezle, point to ONE credible cite that definitively shows where there was fraud getting Biden elected. You can't. You're just a lying mouthpiece for the world's biggest lying mouthpiece, Trump. The BIG LIE.

by Anonymousreply 55December 20, 2021 5:08 PM

Look up the AZ audit results, Racine WI county sheriff, thousands of sworn affidavits by witnesses, there are many many others. You have arms. You're just too triggered because you know you've been duped. You're the big idiot.

by Anonymousreply 56December 20, 2021 6:19 PM

No, idiot. There was no fraud. Trump lost because he is revolting to most Americans. None of your right wing media would let ONE single incident of voter fraud go (unless it was done from the right). All the sworn affidavits have not only been looked at, they've been LAUGHED out of court. You are yet another lying bullshitter who has nothing. Like Breitbart, Washington Examiner, Epoch Times would "let it go" if there was one shred of actual evidence. They'd have any REAL evidence out and up front 24/7. Instead they're being sued for their lies. You, sir, are the definition of idiot. Willful idiot.

by Anonymousreply 57December 20, 2021 6:34 PM

If fact, the right wing media "misinformation" outlets have had memos sent from their legal departments warning them to tread very carefully when reporting voter fraud, since there is virtually no evidence to back up any accusations.

by Anonymousreply 58December 20, 2021 6:58 PM

tRump was a train wreck day in and day out - at least Joe is trying.

by Anonymousreply 59December 20, 2021 7:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!