Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Stacey Abrams announces second bid for Georgia governorship

The move means a potential rematch against Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp (R), to whom she narrowly lost three years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2021 11:35 PM

GOOD

by Anonymousreply 1December 1, 2021 7:58 PM

Give it up.

You'll never win, Stacey.

No one likes you.

by Anonymousreply 2December 1, 2021 8:00 PM

Do it!

by Anonymousreply 3December 1, 2021 8:02 PM

I hope she wins. And uses it as a springboard to the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 4December 1, 2021 8:03 PM

Has he no longer that other ability to screw around with votes being counted?

by Anonymousreply 5December 1, 2021 8:05 PM

Last I heard, she already was the governor.

by Anonymousreply 6December 1, 2021 8:15 PM

If she wins, will Miss Lindsey call the SoS of Georgia again and try tamper with the certified, recount results?

by Anonymousreply 7December 1, 2021 9:33 PM

He's still being investigated for that. It's not in recent news, as there's so much else going on, but maybe they are trying to time to just right.

by Anonymousreply 8December 1, 2021 9:36 PM

I hope she wins, Trump will keel over on election night.

by Anonymousreply 9December 1, 2021 9:49 PM

Good. This means Black turnout will be higher than normal for the mid-terms. This will help Sen. Warnock.

by Anonymousreply 10December 1, 2021 10:22 PM

Go, Stacey! It's your birthday. Go, Stacey, it's your birthday!

by Anonymousreply 11December 1, 2021 10:24 PM

I love her, and I hope she wins, if that's what she wants.

I really wish she had taken the DNC job instead, though. Probably would have been better for the Democrats.

I mean, what is Jaime Harrison doing? I gave money to the guy, but despite all his money he didn't even come close in his race with Graham, and he doesn't seem very active as head of DNC. Funding levels aren't everything.

DISCLAIMER: I'm still burnt out on politics and haven't been paying very close attention, so I could be totally off base.

by Anonymousreply 12December 1, 2021 10:34 PM

It’s time that Georgia finally had a Governor that was not part of that same small group of good ol boys.

by Anonymousreply 13December 1, 2021 10:38 PM

The last DNC head was worthless and lost seats in 2020.

They need a celebrity type or they need a deep political insider type. Enough of failed politicians becoming party chairs. It doesn’t work.

by Anonymousreply 14December 1, 2021 10:40 PM

When Stacey Abrams first appeared on the national scene, I didn't give her much thought, but I have a new-found respect for her in the past couple of years. She is an excellent strategist and tactician in organizing and getting out the vote. I hope she is successful as a candidate this time around. Good luck to her and the Democrats!

by Anonymousreply 15December 1, 2021 11:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!