Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Knives Out! Set design

I am in love with that mansion and the decor. I was watching the movie for Thanksgiving as it reminds me of my family, and was having so much fun looking at the backgrounds that I had to rewind a lot.

Regardless of what you think of the movie plot or the acting, the set design was superb.

(See link for lots of photos).

If anyone knows where to find any of the items shown, please post! I'd love to have the desk lamp that was in the downstairs study, for example, or the amazing giant (?) statuary lights flanking the doorway into the parlor with the clock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 28, 2021 1:27 AM

All CGI.

by Anonymousreply 1November 27, 2021 8:40 AM

Read the story at the link. No CGI. It must be amazing to work in set design or at a prop house.

by Anonymousreply 2November 27, 2021 12:49 PM

R2 A prop house with all that stuff must be amazing. Like a museum, with interesting items from all sorts of things just jumbled together.

by Anonymousreply 3November 27, 2021 2:31 PM

I think they got a lot of it from collectors. That’s an interesting website.

by Anonymousreply 4November 27, 2021 2:40 PM

Off topic but: Daniel Craig really endeared himself to me in this movie. He was obviously having fun and displayed a subtle wit.

by Anonymousreply 5November 27, 2021 2:55 PM

I also loved the set design. Spent a lot of time rewinding - “Ooh, LOVE that chair!”

by Anonymousreply 6November 27, 2021 3:01 PM

It was a fun movie but odd for an theatrical release. They should make them a yearly thing and put it on Netflix. Make it a new holiday tradition.

by Anonymousreply 7November 27, 2021 3:04 PM

Loved the movie

by Anonymousreply 8November 27, 2021 3:04 PM

This article that Set Decorators site did on Downton Abbey the movie and the differences from the TV show was interesting too:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 27, 2021 3:25 PM

The lead was so hilarious she got nominated for a Golden Globe for best actress in a comedy.

Yeah, that was whack.

by Anonymousreply 10November 27, 2021 3:25 PM

R7 I thought it was made for Netflix?

Netflix is making a Knives Out 2 and 3 apparently.

by Anonymousreply 11November 27, 2021 3:26 PM

R5 yeah the character was over the top and he did a good job at it. By the end of the movie when Ransom tells me he's sick of his accent though - I felt that!

by Anonymousreply 12November 27, 2021 3:27 PM

Total piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 13November 27, 2021 3:36 PM

Every boring person I know loves this movie. I don't think it's anything special.

by Anonymousreply 14November 27, 2021 3:42 PM

The point of this thread isn't so much the story and acting as it is the set design. As stated in OP!

by Anonymousreply 15November 27, 2021 4:24 PM

Here's some more and higher detail images of the set!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 27, 2021 6:07 PM

And some more information on the main house used in the movie, as well as some additional photos of the interiors

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 28, 2021 1:27 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!