Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Second date gift suggestions, or should I?

My first date with my local friend was exhilarating and totally wonderful. We went to the lakefront and had dinner. He is seven years my senior— but honestly he looks younger than me. By far the most handsome man I’ve ever dated, and the first one that wasn’t some online nonsense. We hope to go on a date mid-next week. We also had a wonderful time making out for an hour in his car after our dinner.

I genuinely am developing deep feelings for him and want to give him some kind of sentimental trinket for the hopeful start of our relationship. No, we’re not wanting to hop in bed right away— we genuinely enjoy each other’s company and complement each other so well. Any suggestions? Preferably something on Amazon or target, so I won’t have to go anywhere. Nothing silly, but some kind of pre-promise ring or bracelet. I’ve been looking for leather bracelets but nothing so far that screams ‘us’. And can’t get a single real red rose off Amazon unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 142December 31, 2021 2:13 PM

(I’m almost 25, by the way.)

by Anonymousreply 1November 27, 2021 12:50 AM

Second date? I always give the guy the gist of my virginity. I’ve had a lot of sweet ones dates.

by Anonymousreply 2November 27, 2021 1:02 AM

-10000/10

by Anonymousreply 3November 27, 2021 1:03 AM

He "wants to wait " to have sex ? Bye Gurl ! You're already a distant memory. Dont embarass yourself any further.

by Anonymousreply 4November 27, 2021 1:04 AM

Maybe a tasteful cock ring?

by Anonymousreply 5November 27, 2021 1:06 AM

[quote] some kind of pre-promise ring or bracelet.

WTF? Who does this, let alone on a second date. Are you a lesbian? Are you really 25, or do you “look” 25? This sounds like elder gay fiction.

by Anonymousreply 6November 27, 2021 1:07 AM

How about you just give him a little sanity? Instead of talking about relationships after one date? Sheesh.

by Anonymousreply 7November 27, 2021 1:08 AM

If this is real, which highly doubt, pass on a gift. If you are that similar and so romantic, you are both bottoms....so keep a double headed dildo in mind when gifts really do come up.

Enjoy the date and have no expectations about the future.

by Anonymousreply 8November 27, 2021 1:10 AM

:( I’m very picky and have been single for seven years. He also has a similar tale. Nobody believes in love at first sight?

by Anonymousreply 9November 27, 2021 1:11 AM

You write like a 12 year old girl. Get him a BTS cd.

by Anonymousreply 10November 27, 2021 1:13 AM

Double anal

by Anonymousreply 11November 27, 2021 1:14 AM

He's Bi!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 27, 2021 1:16 AM

R9 So your last "relationship" was when you were 18 ? Let me guess,he was your best friend who's dick you started sucking at 15 then he went off to college and got a girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 13November 27, 2021 1:17 AM

R6 and R7 are right. You need to adjust your expectations radically. You should not give this person any gift. And, for heaven's sake, listen to yourself. Do you know how common love at first sight is compared to how common people think it must be happening to them? You have a situation that exists right now that you can really enjoy. Just live in the moment.

And now I'm annoyed because I think you are going to take a perfectly wonderful situation and ruin it. I'd advise against whining on DL when this goes South because you are forcing your fantasy on him. You will be savaged.

by Anonymousreply 14November 27, 2021 1:18 AM

What R7 said. You had one date and you're thinking it's a relationship and you need to buy a gift? You sound nuts. Meanwhile you're not putting out and you think this guy is equally chaste because you think you're in a **relationship**. Okay, Jan.

by Anonymousreply 15November 27, 2021 1:18 AM

R9 I'm a romantic, I completely believe in love at first sight no matter how much grief it has caused me.

by Anonymousreply 16November 27, 2021 1:21 AM

Welp. I won’t come back on here for these type of suggestions. Close the thread, Muriel.

by Anonymousreply 17November 27, 2021 1:22 AM

[quote]This sounds like eldergay fiction.

Fiction is right.

by Anonymousreply 18November 27, 2021 1:24 AM

OP don't give him a gift so soon (unless it's some good weed or a nice bottle of wine) or you'll scare him away ;-)

And waiting for sex is a deal killer... I've learned the hard way.

by Anonymousreply 19November 27, 2021 1:30 AM

If you don't fuck on a first date it triggers an alarm (you're gay, not going to get pregnant).

He's not that into you, you'll be friends.

by Anonymousreply 20November 27, 2021 1:31 AM

Listen to R20 ,Op. Personally Im offended if they dont try to bang me on the 1st date. We are gay men,not 1950s teen girls.

by Anonymousreply 21November 27, 2021 1:33 AM

See ya, R17. You wont be missed.

by Anonymousreply 22November 27, 2021 1:34 AM

OP, it’s way too early for gifts.

Also you’re not a man.

by Anonymousreply 23November 27, 2021 1:40 AM

The pleasure of denying your nonexistent date with your very extant vapid company, OP?

by Anonymousreply 24November 27, 2021 1:42 AM

Why not cash? Then he know how much yoo care.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 27, 2021 1:42 AM

And, what 25 year old knows about Muriel....

Hun, you also failed at your attempt because no 25 year old writes like you did.

by Anonymousreply 26November 27, 2021 2:34 AM

Handcuffs.

by Anonymousreply 27November 27, 2021 2:43 AM

A "sentimental gift" on the second date is going to scare him off.

I know you're 25 years old, but GROW UP.

by Anonymousreply 28November 27, 2021 3:33 AM

Oh no you don’t bitch, R17!

You asked for advice (however fake it might be) and you’re going to fucking get it. You’re 25 honey, not 12. You’ve been reading too much gay romantic fiction written by fat straight women. No gifts, no flowers, no poetry. The next date ends in bed. If you’re not compatible sexually, what is the point.

Get to fucking, idiot!

by Anonymousreply 29November 27, 2021 3:47 AM

This will end in tears...

You're going to frighten him off so fast, he won't even finger-bang you.

by Anonymousreply 30November 27, 2021 3:53 AM

Give him some tartar sauce. In a jar.

by Anonymousreply 31November 27, 2021 3:57 AM

Invite him to your place for dinner. Tell him to bring nothing, but see if he brings you a host gift anyway.

by Anonymousreply 32November 27, 2021 4:02 AM

These stories are getting worse all the time...

by Anonymousreply 33November 27, 2021 4:10 AM

[quote] Any suggestions? Preferably something on Amazon or target, so I won’t have to go anywhere.

Does the pre-promise ring represent your pre-promise to make an effort in future?

by Anonymousreply 34November 27, 2021 4:15 AM

[quote]And now I'm annoyed

People, please, stop telling trolls that they annoyed you or made you mad.

by Anonymousreply 35November 27, 2021 4:37 AM

Yeah, go for the promise ring. Let us know how that works out. Do it.

Afterwards, you won't be able to find him with a LoJack.

by Anonymousreply 36November 27, 2021 5:02 AM

[quote]We also had a wonderful time making out for an hour in his car after our dinner.

OP is a straight woman posting from 1952.

by Anonymousreply 37November 27, 2021 5:38 AM

Don't buy him anything. But perform Salome's Dance of the Seven Veils in the middle of the next date. I would suggest Loïe Fuller's choreography from 1886, but I suppose you just are not vulgar. Good for you! Why not Rita Hayworth's?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38November 27, 2021 5:39 AM

Go to Claires at the mall and buy one of those broken heart necklaces. He can wear one half and you can wear the other. Also maybe a gift certificate to Orange Julius.

by Anonymousreply 39November 27, 2021 5:50 AM

Buy him one of those Pandora charm bracelets OP. That sounds up your alley.

by Anonymousreply 40November 27, 2021 5:56 AM

OP get him a lovely candy necklace. You can take turns biting off pieces. You can get them at WWW.NUTS.COM. Here's a link for convenience!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41November 27, 2021 6:14 AM

Get him an engraved cigarette case that says "Mad about the Boy"

by Anonymousreply 42November 27, 2021 6:23 AM

Give him a sample place setting of fine bone china and sterling silverware. Tell him there's 11 more place settings where that came from.

by Anonymousreply 43November 27, 2021 6:26 AM

Invest in yourself first, OP. Buy a large freezer so that you can stuff the parts of him you want to keep and then eat/toss the rest. It’s the gift that keeps on giving!

by Anonymousreply 44November 27, 2021 6:41 AM

a blood test

by Anonymousreply 45November 27, 2021 6:56 AM

Put a handful of candy corn, leftover from Halloween, on some aluminum foil an make it into a ball. Hurl it at his face while you screech "WHY DON'T YOU LOVE ME???" This will result in an instant marriage proposal and you will live happily ever after.

by Anonymousreply 46November 27, 2021 7:00 AM

OP, I suggest you pick him up for your second date in a UHaul. What are you, a lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 47November 27, 2021 8:09 AM

Bring him a peach and then insert a straw into it and give him significant looks.

by Anonymousreply 48November 27, 2021 8:20 AM

[quote]we genuinely enjoy each other’s company and complement each other so well.

You've had ONE DATE!! Holy shit, OP, you don't even know each other.

Give him the gift of cancelling the date and losing his number... YOU ARE UNSTABLE. Give yourself a gift of some therapy before you start dating anyone again you psycho.

by Anonymousreply 49November 27, 2021 8:48 AM

You're a whore, darlin'

by Anonymousreply 50November 27, 2021 9:01 AM

EST: 3.2/10

by Anonymousreply 51November 27, 2021 10:03 AM

He's not that into you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 52November 27, 2021 10:19 AM

Don't gift him anything yet, including access to your special no no place. Wait until he gives you his letterman jacket and makes you his official steady.

by Anonymousreply 53November 27, 2021 10:36 AM

Bring two tickets for you both to see Madame Butterfly at the Met, as a “peace offering.”

by Anonymousreply 54November 27, 2021 10:45 AM

Boy are you a chump. He’s sizing you up to drain your bank account and dump your body in a ditch. Haven’t you seen The Honeymoon Killers? Shirley Stoler is waiting in the wings…

by Anonymousreply 55November 27, 2021 10:52 AM

Put a hand grenade in a gift-wrapped box. Hand it to him and say" This gift tells you everything about who I am."

by Anonymousreply 56November 27, 2021 12:27 PM

Like paisley, a properly cleaned and primed hole never goes out of style.

by Anonymousreply 57November 27, 2021 2:10 PM

Present him with a tiny vile containing your blood on a chain. Tell him this is so he will never be without you. Offer to help him clasp it around his neck right now. Right now.

by Anonymousreply 58November 27, 2021 3:27 PM

[quote]He is seven years my senior

So you're the bottom because and older guy getting fucked by a younger guy is an abomination that isn't aesthetically pleasing...

Shouldn't he be buying you the flowers, being the fuckEE vs the fuckER?

by Anonymousreply 59November 28, 2021 1:19 AM

So what happened, OP? Did you buy him a Precious Moments figurine or not?

by Anonymousreply 60November 30, 2021 3:29 PM

[quote]I genuinely am developing deep feelings for him

No, you aren't.

You have a crush on him. Deep feeling come with time, shared experiences, and intimate knowledge of him.

What you have is a crush.

by Anonymousreply 61November 30, 2021 3:32 PM

Girl, I have the perfect gift for you!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62November 30, 2021 3:46 PM

Let's try that again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 30, 2021 3:51 PM

[quote] Maybe a tasteful cock ring?

Or how about a tasteful and demure presentation of hole. That always seems to be well received and appreciated.

by Anonymousreply 64November 30, 2021 4:17 PM

If you want to creep him the fuck out, then by all means, get him a gift ON THE SECOND DATE. If he shows up, it'll be the last time.

Not trying to be mean (as others have said, it's highly likely this isn't true), but if it is, it's completely offside for reasons that shouldn't require an explanation.

by Anonymousreply 65November 30, 2021 5:06 PM

[quote]He is seven years my senior— but honestly he looks younger than me. By far the most handsome man I’ve ever dated, and the first one that wasn’t some online nonsense.

-99/10

A plot hole so massive that a fat Trump could slither through it.

by Anonymousreply 66November 30, 2021 5:14 PM

It’s for this kind of thread that I subscribe to Data Lounge. I laughed out loud so much in the barbershop that people asked what I was reading.

by Anonymousreply 67November 30, 2021 10:28 PM

Save your money OP. You’re going to need for therapy sessions. Lots and lots of therapy.

by Anonymousreply 68November 30, 2021 10:35 PM

I am going to take OP at their word and assume you are telling the truth.

Here’s the deal - dating in your 30s is a lot different than dating in your 20s. If he is a functional human being (none of you bitches are, btw), then he has probably been burned in the past and isn’t looking for some intense junior high school crap. He probably wants more stable and less drama. If you give him a “gift”, especially a sentimental one, it shows that you have so much drama you come with your own stage and orchestra. I’d say for date 2, offer to do an activity or go somewhere that he mentioned to you- it shows you paid attention when he talked last time.

by Anonymousreply 69November 30, 2021 10:44 PM

A gift on the second date?? 🙄

Newsflash: this is not 1880, and you’re not his “gentleman suitor.”

Please grab reality very firmly by the horns and hold on extremly tight.

by Anonymousreply 70November 30, 2021 11:16 PM

I might’ve bit off more than I was thinking on the night I made this post. Tasteful Friends, I’ve had a hard 2021. He made me so happy; and I am extremely grateful. I am a dating novice, I don’t exactly know what to do. He’s a beautiful man with a big heart. I don’t care if he’s only a bottom, or a power bottom. I’m likely a vers top and I’m considerably hung. Our bedroom adventures will likely go well. He’s always told me I’m his type; if that makes it more sensical.

We met on an app over a year ago and we’ve constantly corresponded since that time. We did have a pause for a few months as my dad got cancer and my home got destroyed. It ain’t easy being me, and let me tell you; when the ugly responses started coming in, I lost so much trust in everything around me for days. I cried the whole night it started coming in. I was expecting an ‘aww’ type of response, not the blistering hate and bitchery I usually come on here for. I apologize for even considering that as something nice, I guess he’d like some dick more than anything.

by Anonymousreply 71November 30, 2021 11:58 PM

I won’t lie though, many of the joke suggestions were hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 72November 30, 2021 11:59 PM

Have you seen him again, r71?

by Anonymousreply 73November 30, 2021 11:59 PM

R73 — we hope to go out tomorrow evening. It has felt like forever waiting for this. I miss him 🥺

by Anonymousreply 74December 1, 2021 12:01 AM

R61 is totally correct by the way, it’s an absolute crush. I should’ve recognized my feelings better!

by Anonymousreply 75December 1, 2021 12:03 AM

Thank you R69 — that is likely what I am going to do. I’m sure he’s been burned before, we’ve never talked about past relationships, just the internet stuff we have gone through, lightheartedly.

by Anonymousreply 76December 1, 2021 12:08 AM

I'm liking your redemption arc, OP. Keep a clear head on your shoulders, and have a good time on your next date. I am no stranger to the instant crush, but believe me, you've gotta take it easy.

by Anonymousreply 77December 1, 2021 12:12 AM

r71 r72 Chin up OP. Most of the responses here were really just people having a laugh. Nothing to take too seriously. Good luck with your guy ( not being sarcastic).

by Anonymousreply 78December 1, 2021 12:45 AM

Stop it. My friend got blown on a date and sent flowers Respect yourself op

by Anonymousreply 79December 1, 2021 1:05 AM

OP sounds like Marshall Applewhite, before starting Heaven's Gate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 1, 2021 1:15 AM

OP, are you the fledgling prostitute/ex barista who moved to Tx after failing in NYC? You sound familiar.

by Anonymousreply 81December 1, 2021 1:27 AM

R81, unfortunately not. Just a down on his luck Louisiana musician boy drooling over a next-town guy who treats me well. And is an excellent kisser!

by Anonymousreply 82December 1, 2021 3:48 AM

*Actually OP. Don’t drink Gallo Family and DL!

by Anonymousreply 83December 1, 2021 3:49 AM

R71/OP, I apologize for the bitchy comments I have made on this thread. I remember your posts about the hurricane destroying your house. Best of luck with your new guy.

by Anonymousreply 84December 1, 2021 8:26 AM

Thank you R84, much love!

by Anonymousreply 85December 1, 2021 10:13 PM

Awww

by Anonymousreply 86December 1, 2021 10:47 PM

Op: will you report to us what happens on the 2nd date? Whether you give a gift or not.

by Anonymousreply 87December 1, 2021 11:18 PM

R87 - no gifts will be given I'm pretty sure. Our plans had to change last minute -- I'm heading over to his house and watch a movie with him or something (he was called into work). I leave in about two hours. It's definitely late, but I'm perfectly fine with that. All my homophobe family is asleep so I can just walk down the street and let him pick me up. I may prefer a late evening date more in the future than I care to admit!

by Anonymousreply 88December 2, 2021 2:15 AM

Go get 'im! Hope you have fun.

by Anonymousreply 89December 2, 2021 2:16 AM

Just send him a simple, casual video of you screaming PLEASE DON'T LEAVE ME!!!!

by Anonymousreply 90December 2, 2021 2:18 AM

R6 your reply made me laugh so much, I have no idea why

by Anonymousreply 91December 2, 2021 2:18 AM

good luck OP!

best to engage in some penis play tonight.

let us know how it goes!

by Anonymousreply 92December 2, 2021 2:25 AM

R92 — if it goes that way, I wouldn't mind that honestly. ;) All about the cock with this boy.

by Anonymousreply 93December 2, 2021 2:30 AM

Honestly, OP, I was sorta bitchy earlier, but I am a romantic. It is possible that you might have met another person who is as dramatic as you and I kinda hope that is true. I, too, would love to meet a person I could completely fall in love with and do all the little lovey dovey things I really want to do. Sadly, I haven't found that. So I hope you have and will enjoy it!

by Anonymousreply 94December 2, 2021 2:37 AM

How about a plaster cast of your erect penis and a bag of marshmallows?

by Anonymousreply 95December 2, 2021 2:39 AM

R94 — I'm hoping that is so. Usually one of the classic relationship things I've noticed is having a lot in common. Honestly, we really don't have a great deal in common. He is very quiet, cool, and reserved. I like cats, he likes dogs. He has a dash of mystery in his personality, and that's something I love. He is an excellent kisser and embracer. This type of love was so peculiar to me on that night, but I'm like an addict looking for a fix since that night. That personal, deep affection made me happy. And basically, nothing makes me happy anymore. Hence I had such a huge desire to treat him right and asked if I should give him a gift.

R95— send me a plaster cast and I'll get the marshmallows.

by Anonymousreply 96December 2, 2021 2:50 AM

[quote]Preferably something from Amazon or Target so I don't have to go anywhere.

That is profoundly sad in so many ways.

My "second date" with my husband was a hike. We also "waited to have sex" for a couple months. That was 27 years ago... we are still together. There are very many ways to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 97December 2, 2021 2:51 AM

R97 — You are so correct about that. I am also hiding my relationships around my parents because of their severe homophobia. These are sad times- we don't have a lot of those opportunities to go on things like hiking or even a walk on the beach. Also, that was written when gay Cupid struck me with his arrow of course. I've toned down since then, but am longing for being together still. Which hopefully will be in an hour and a half!

by Anonymousreply 98December 2, 2021 2:58 AM

A bag of weed would be nice

by Anonymousreply 99December 2, 2021 2:59 AM

Or maybe money if you picked him off the street

by Anonymousreply 100December 2, 2021 2:59 AM

[quote]I'm heading over to his house and watch a movie with him [bold]or something[/bold]

Winky wink! Have fun with that "something"!

by Anonymousreply 101December 2, 2021 3:03 AM

If you must give him anything... something you've grown or made. Weed is great for the right folks. But if you grow vegetables or fruit... or can bake.... Or a woven potholder you made at summer camp.

by Anonymousreply 102December 2, 2021 3:04 AM

Sharp eyes, R101. ;) R102 — we actually talked about pot and we both agreed, that it gives us both anxiety even though it has its downsides. He can't drink alcohol because of private reasons, but he can in small moderation if he's home. He also works in healthcare, so pot wouldn't be a good thing to drug test per se, in Louisiana that is.

by Anonymousreply 103December 2, 2021 3:10 AM

R103 OMG, Louisiana! I'm very invested in this sweet Southern love story down in the bayou, now. I really hope y'all have something special.

by Anonymousreply 104December 2, 2021 3:15 AM

I think a house is a nice gift for a second date.

by Anonymousreply 105December 2, 2021 3:15 AM

OP You're at like a 10. Bring it back to about a 6 or 7.

by Anonymousreply 106December 2, 2021 3:23 AM

[quote]r96 He has a dash of mystery in his personality,

Married.

by Anonymousreply 107December 2, 2021 3:30 AM

R107 Nope — pretty sure about that.

by Anonymousreply 108December 2, 2021 3:34 AM

I still think doing the dance of the seven caftans in the middle of a crowded restaurant would be memorable.

by Anonymousreply 109December 2, 2021 3:41 AM

R109 So would jumping in the fountain at the country club and declaring yourself a slut. But, I wouldn't recommend it.

by Anonymousreply 110December 2, 2021 3:45 AM

This will end in tears And quite possibly a restraining order

by Anonymousreply 111December 2, 2021 3:50 AM

I was going to make snide comments to Op,but after finding out he lives in that cesspool of a state I dont have the heart. I condole you ,Op.

by Anonymousreply 112December 2, 2021 4:08 AM

A tattoo of his face on your ass.

by Anonymousreply 113December 2, 2021 4:42 AM

OP, this is sweet and I hope it goes well. I’m not against a small thoughtful present early on. My partner brought over lightbulbs for a fixture he noticed needing replacing early on, probably not the second date, but early on. I thought it was very thoughtful. They were an odd size so I didn’t have any on hand usually.

by Anonymousreply 114December 2, 2021 5:06 AM

[quote]He can't drink alcohol because of private reasons

This may, indeed, wind up in a restraining order.

by Anonymousreply 115December 2, 2021 2:29 PM

Our get together last night was very cozy and wonderful. We are very, very compatible in the bedroom. No gifts needed at all, falling in love was the ultimate gift for the both of us.

by Anonymousreply 116December 2, 2021 4:06 PM

[quote]Second date gift suggestions

Many religious institutions claim to possess the foreskin of jesus-the-christ.

by Anonymousreply 117December 2, 2021 4:09 PM

Fleshlight

by Anonymousreply 118December 2, 2021 4:16 PM

R113 A tattoo of his ass on your face.

by Anonymousreply 119December 3, 2021 1:13 AM

Barf. My idea of a long-term relationship is staying for breakfast.

by Anonymousreply 120December 3, 2021 1:15 AM

Oh, um, R120 I've got an early meeting in the morning so maybe you should go, ok? Oh, and maybe wipe the jizz off your chin before you go outside.

by Anonymousreply 121December 3, 2021 2:35 AM

Herpes!

It's du de rigueur here in Baltimore.

And if it's really serious the second date is not too soon for syphilis. Of course here in Baltimore it's almost always not so much a gift as a trade from both to the other.

by Anonymousreply 122December 3, 2021 2:40 AM

[quote]We are very, very compatible in the bedroom.

Pics or it didn't happen.

by Anonymousreply 123December 3, 2021 5:36 AM

R122 - My dentist told me that in our area, just short of 100% of the adult population carries it.

by Anonymousreply 124December 3, 2021 7:32 PM

OP does a thread about wanting 2nd date gift suggestions then doesn't get a gift and says none was needed, thus wasting everyone's time. Sweet.

by Anonymousreply 125December 6, 2021 7:35 AM

I’m so excited for you both. Please do keep us updated on how things progress between you. Just have fun and enjoy yourselves. You only live once.

by Anonymousreply 126December 6, 2021 11:03 AM

Not sure why anyone here cares about this romance, they’re definitely both fug

by Anonymousreply 127December 6, 2021 1:59 PM

[quote]R125 OP does a thread about wanting 2nd date gift suggestions then doesn't get a gift and says none was needed, thus wasting everyone's time.

I want to speak to a manager.

by Anonymousreply 128December 6, 2021 2:43 PM

Our relationship ended. Sadly, you girls got it right. I have some rough days ahead of me. My heart is lost, and I can’t even cry. I’m sorry I wasn’t good enough for you, Crimm…

by Anonymousreply 129December 30, 2021 1:17 PM

Sorry to hear that OP.

by Anonymousreply 130December 30, 2021 1:20 PM

He doesn't deserve you.

by Anonymousreply 131December 30, 2021 1:37 PM

R130, R131 — Thank you both. Just because I cared genuinely, he dumped me. His Grindr app was more important than me.

by Anonymousreply 132December 30, 2021 5:01 PM

A book on a subject he’s discussed with you. A bio of fav performer or something like that. Shows you’re listening to him and will be something he enjoys.

by Anonymousreply 133December 30, 2021 5:13 PM

Give him an IOU one Rim Job.

by Anonymousreply 134December 30, 2021 5:26 PM

What a sham thread.

by Anonymousreply 135December 30, 2021 5:45 PM

OP, nobody on DL saw this coming. Did we gurls?

by Anonymousreply 136December 30, 2021 5:50 PM

If he had given me the right second date gift, I wouldn't have had to dump him.

by Anonymousreply 137December 30, 2021 5:53 PM

You made out in his car for an hour - who does that?

by Anonymousreply 138December 30, 2021 5:56 PM

A monogrammed tote bag from Land's End or L L Bean would make a delightful second date gift. Personal, but yet not overly intimate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 30, 2021 6:37 PM

[quote] You made out in his car for an hour - who does that?

My mom was entertaining a gentleman caller that night so I really had no choice.

by Anonymousreply 140December 30, 2021 6:38 PM

Sorry OP.

by Anonymousreply 141December 30, 2021 6:59 PM

IF a date gave me a gift on the second date, I would consider it a huge red flag, unless it was lube and magnum condoms.

by Anonymousreply 142December 31, 2021 2:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!