Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone here ever met Mick Jagger?

What is he like?

by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2021 2:49 AM

big lips

by Anonymousreply 1November 26, 2021 10:25 PM

He moves like Jagger.

by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2021 10:28 PM

I know an eldergay who went to same school as that other ugly member of Jagger's gypsies. He was in the class below his year.

Old people look decrepit.

I saw Jagger on stage but he was 50 feet away from me.

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2021 10:31 PM

What's the big deal? He's just people, like you and me.

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2021 10:32 PM

Legendary DJ Bill Randall new Mick Kagger. He said he was a latent homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 5November 27, 2021 12:49 AM

One piece of advice if you ever enter into a conversation with Michael Philip. He will draw you out, and listen. You'll find yourself blathering on. He won't stop you. He'll interject with meaningful questions. Otherwise, he's very sane. Unless you do something really offensive, he's fine. No, I haven't met him. I've just studied footage of him since I was 13. He did throw water on me in 1975, but I happened to be standing in a crowd of fellow concertgoers. Then he shot confetti all over us from the mouth of a dragon stage prop. You could tell who was up front as we left the Seattle Coliseum, because we were soaking wet with confetti stuck to us. It was wild.

by Anonymousreply 6November 27, 2021 1:49 AM

I've been a Stones fan since 1969 and I know people who know Mick (I've never met him). Here's what they say about him: 1) Very astute financially (he did attend the London School of Economics) and has spent a lifetime trying to undo the rights he and the other Stones signed away to Allan Klein in the 1960s, 2) Always looking at ways to generate more cash from Stones assets (ever-increasing ticket prices to shows, selling more shirts, re-releasing albums with new tracks), 3) Loves performing, is a fitness freak (his Dad was a high school PE teacher) and is in much better shape at 78 than he was at 28, 4) Likes to put on that he's more educated than he really is, 5) Wears a wig and colors his hair (his dad was completely bald on top), 6) Is always looking for a new female conquest, but is a good and loving father to his kids (8 children from 5 different women), 7) Cuts off people who slight him or who (in his eyes) have wronged him, 8) Has no interest in looking back at the old days (that's why he's never written an official biography), 9) Tries to keep up with new music and interject some of it into new Stones music (not that there's a lot of that these days), and 10) Has no intentions of ever retiring and will continue to play the occasional show and tour as long as he's able (and didn't think at all about quitting when Charlie Watts died recently).

by Anonymousreply 7November 27, 2021 4:00 AM

[quote]8) Has no interest in looking back at the old days (that's why he's never written an official biography)

I can see that he wouldn't have an interest in looking back. Some folks are like that for whatever reasons. But in the interest of leaving a historical record from his perspective is of broad interest not just to Stones fans, but for music, culture, and history buffs. They were at the very center of things and were change agents during an incredible time. I'd love to read it as a counterpoint to Richards' autobiography. I hope someone persuades him, even if it's published posthumously, that it's something worthwhile.

by Anonymousreply 8November 27, 2021 5:33 PM

r8 - in the early stages of lockdown, Jagger said he picked up an early draft of his biography that he'd written some years prior, but he said it bored him so much he couldn't imagine anyone else wanting to read it. So, he stuck it back in a drawer.

by Anonymousreply 9November 27, 2021 7:20 PM

[quote]Old people look decrepit.

R3, why would you promote agism, when you yourself will one day be old?

by Anonymousreply 10November 27, 2021 7:22 PM

I haven't, but worked for a company that was a sponsor for a part of their tour back in the early 90s. Happened to be in a meeting with an assistant at said company that had to oversee their accommodations, following their contracts for setting up their dressing room or whatever its called for concerts, and did meet all of the Rolling Stones. She said they did have a few strict policies. The one I remember was that they were sober, at least at the time, and no alcohol was allowed in their dressing rooms. Otherwise, she said they were fantastic people to work with.

The Rolling Stones are among a handful of people I would actually be intimidated by and feel starstruck.

by Anonymousreply 11November 27, 2021 7:52 PM

R93 - It makes me wonder if any parts of his auto-bio were/are actionable if he's ever signed a NDA or if he might leave himself open to lawsuits if his claims about Stone's finances aren't entirely truthful. True, Keith was addled, Ronnie Wood an inveterate alcoholic probably threatened Stone's financing during a tour (per Richards' Life autobio; he'd vouched for Wood who kept fucking up).

Let's not forget Jagger's proclivities. He fucked a Brian Jones girlfriend (the third one BJ had a kid with before '63, 3 kids in '63😯) before Mick and Keith fucked Anita Pallenberg, another of Brian's girlfriends.

Mick can't write an auto-bio without opening himself up to immense criticism. Could he deal with it? Richards had the perfect IDGAF attitude in his account. Mick's just too corporate and probably thin-skinned to deal with criticism. I have no idea how Jagger deals with scrutiny or criticism interpersonally, but it looks like he avoids it IRL if he can't steamroll (e.g. Marsha Hunt) That's why I think posthumous is the way to go.

by Anonymousreply 12November 29, 2021 6:04 AM

The problem with The Rolling Stones is they very few memorable songs. Queen infinitely outshadows them in terms of music and lyrics. I doubt they'll be remembered long after Jagger snuffs.

by Anonymousreply 13November 29, 2021 6:14 AM

One strange thing I've noticed about him watching the few interviews he's done is that he's strangely UNINTERESTING.

Which is odd considering his extraordinary life and career.

He DID try to write an autobiography, but he's so boring he got bored of it and handed back the advance.

by Anonymousreply 14November 29, 2021 6:20 AM

Considering that his longest term gf killed herself after he refused to prop up her failing business and was cheating on her with his current gf while on tour, I doubt he will ever want to revisit his past in an autobiography.

by Anonymousreply 15November 29, 2021 6:46 AM

I've read he's a difficult interview and keeps his cards very close to his chest . I read Jann Wenner's Rolling Stone interview almost 40 years ago. Must revisit.

by Anonymousreply 16November 29, 2021 6:48 AM

He's a man of wealth and taste....who hides some very dark secrets.

by Anonymousreply 17November 30, 2021 2:02 AM

My high school best friend's cousin married Jerry Hall's twin sister, so I guess that makes me five degrees separated from Mick. Or is it six? I can never remember how that is calculated.

by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2021 2:49 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!