Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hillary Clinton has warned that cryptocurrencies could destabilize the U.S. dollar.

She's NOT wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 25, 2021 12:37 AM

So pleased with herself there....

by Anonymousreply 1November 26, 2021 8:53 PM

^ she's should be. she's correct.

by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2021 9:09 PM

Crypto is nothing but monetary musical chairs. And when the music stops playing, whoever doesn't have a seat is royally fucked.

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2021 9:20 PM

She has a point. This is unsettling. I own Bitcoin but I never realized that something like this could happen. The Middle East, Africa, these shit holes are extraordinarily anti-gay garnering this kind of wealth and power—is bad. Very bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4December 24, 2021 6:48 PM

She’s been right about everything.

by Anonymousreply 5December 24, 2021 6:50 PM

Nobody cares what this rapists wife/murderer says.

by Anonymousreply 6December 24, 2021 6:50 PM

And I don’t know what this is, but Nigeria is another brutally violent anti-gay country. I had to look up Jack Dorsey to see what kind of person he was. He does tweet pro-Chick Fil-a tweets during Pride month.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7December 24, 2021 6:52 PM

Jack Dorsey is a Tulsi Gabbard supporter, so that’s questionable.

by Anonymousreply 8December 24, 2021 6:53 PM

and now they sell them through memes?

lollerclogs

by Anonymousreply 9December 24, 2021 6:54 PM

I may bail on crypto simply because of these shit holes also investing in crypto. I don’t like that. I don’t like it AT ALL.

by Anonymousreply 10December 24, 2021 6:55 PM

She’s just pissed she doesn’t have a cut of it yet.

by Anonymousreply 11December 24, 2021 6:59 PM

R8, What is wrong with Tulsi Gabbard? Tulsi is the k my one who isn’t afraid to call out the Joe Bidens and John McCain’s of the world who love war.

by Anonymousreply 12December 24, 2021 7:01 PM

Cryptocurrencies don’t have our military, our patriotic resolve, our big American dicks. They don’t stand a chance against the almighty dollar. We’ll hold these other currencies down and rape them into submission.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 24, 2021 7:01 PM

Gays don’t want a powerful and wealthy Pakistan or Africa, I’ll tell you that much.

by Anonymousreply 14December 24, 2021 7:03 PM

then somebody adopt that god damn orphan.

by Anonymousreply 15December 24, 2021 7:07 PM

Crypto-currencies are dangerous because they are extremely volatile and, most importantly, they are programmable. When (not IF, but WHEN) the government and corporations manage to control them, we will enter a full dystopian future in which people's entire economic capacity will be obliterated with the pressing of a button. Hillary Clinton is only against them FOR THE MOMENT, because her corporate overlords do not control them as of yet - also crypto is competing against the dollar, but it will eventually be aligned to it. Thus, this degenerate war criminal of a cunt will change her tune once crypto is fully under government control and is being used to economically isolate dissidents and enemies, while increasing corporate wealth in the digital markets.

Anyway, with crypto there is the advantage that transactions can be fully tracked as there is a digital trail, which would in principle make it more difficult for criminal organizations to launder money digitally. The problem with crypto is that in the wrong hands, it can devastate many lives and moreover, it works like a pyramid scheme - new investors feed the wealth of veteran investors, and the more recent your investment, the lesser your overall return.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 24, 2021 7:11 PM

buy me meme!

by Anonymousreply 17December 24, 2021 7:21 PM

[quote]The problem with crypto is that in the wrong hands, it can devastate many lives

Yes and that’s why my post at R4 troubles me. I just happened to find that article.

by Anonymousreply 18December 24, 2021 7:23 PM

Etherium leaders are courting Saudi Arabia. Why??

by Anonymousreply 19December 24, 2021 7:24 PM

Hilary Clinton should have warned us about her husband signing the North American free trade agreement in 1994 and how THAT would destabilize our economy.

by Anonymousreply 20December 24, 2021 7:51 PM

Miss Hilly should worry about that wrinkly neck.

by Anonymousreply 21December 24, 2021 8:28 PM

What would she say about this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 24, 2021 8:29 PM

Hillary is right in a way except for the part about some other countries trying to destabilize the US, since in reality it's usually the other way around. Cryptocurrencies are indeed scams trying to create the illusion of a working currencies with any worth by its convertibility to the US dollar.

by Anonymousreply 23December 24, 2021 9:03 PM

Cryptos are also environmentally destructive. Mining them takes vast quantities of energy. Ironic that the same generation squealing about extinction rebellion is so into such environmentally destructive trends.

by Anonymousreply 24December 24, 2021 9:13 PM

Hillary in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 25December 24, 2021 9:20 PM

lollerclogs?

by Anonymousreply 26December 24, 2021 9:44 PM

R25 Over the Hill and Back!

by Anonymousreply 27December 24, 2021 9:46 PM

R24 They think their bitcoins will always increase in worth over the long term, and somehow they are more "free" by owning bitcoins with no "centralized control" by the government (at the cost of wasting a lot of energy mining coins and maintaining a distributed block chain ledge). They don't understand there is no free lunch!

by Anonymousreply 28December 24, 2021 9:53 PM

Is that old cunt trying to be relevant to run again?

by Anonymousreply 29December 24, 2021 10:04 PM

think of tulips, r26.

by Anonymousreply 30December 24, 2021 10:06 PM

Does Hill want to create a digital dollar to compete with cryptocurrencies?

by Anonymousreply 31December 24, 2021 10:14 PM

As someone who has spent his whole career in banking I see a shit load of problems with cryptocurrency. It makes it easier to hide funds involving money laundering, tax evasion, human trafficking, drug trafficking, and many other nefarious activity. Not to mention the obscene amount of energy it takes for crypto mining. Instead of declaring it illegal governments are looking for ways to regulate and monitor it, which is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 32December 24, 2021 10:57 PM

R32 Even legitimate financial companies are pushing cryptocurrencies to their clients and therein lies the danger: people putting too much of their money into cryptocurrencies thinking it's a great investment. But it is actually more like speculating in an unregulated market!

by Anonymousreply 33December 25, 2021 12:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!