Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dave Chappelle comes out with new transphobic comedy set

Remember when comedian Dave Chappelle swore he learned his lesson and would never make fun of trans people again? Well, he lied. What do you expect from a TERF? He said his promise to stop punching down at the LGBTQQ2ASSPOZ+ community only counts when the show isn't being recorded.

What short memory Mr. Dave has. He promised to stop punching down on the LGBTQQ2ASSPOZ+ community, saying he would stop making jokes about transgender people at the end of a comedy special full of transphobic jokes, during a performance at Madison Square Garden.

And then proceeded to use an anti-gay slur and make jokes about his relationship with the trans community and pronouns.

Related: Caitlyn Jenner defends Dave Chappelle as “100% right”: “We must never yield”

In The Closer, Chapelle announced he is a transgender exclusionary radical feminist (TERF) before launching into a derogatory diatribe about transgender women’s genitals.

The co-CEO of the company, Ted Sarandos, refused to remove the special and claimed at the time that it does not cross any lines and that Chapelle is simply too popular to remove. Sarandos has since expressed regret for the way he handled the situation.

Chappelle has made it a point to talk about the backlash to his special, claiming he has been “canceled” while continuing to perform around the country to sold-out crowds.

“I’m telling you: It’s done. I’m done talking about it,” Chappelle said at the end of The Closer, saying he wouldn’t make jokes about LGBTQQ2ASSPOZ+ people until “we can laugh together.”

But at Madison Square Garden, the comedian noted that audience members were required to lock their phones into bags before the show began to prevent recording – and hedged his promise.

He said the promise only counted if the show wasn’t being recorded.

“Week four of being canceled,” he sighed before talking about a racist neighbor who had shown up at his door. His wife gave him a gun to protect himself and he joked that “faggot” would be the last word the man said to him.

And if he was sent to prison for killing him, he added, he would simply identify as a woman so jail wouldn’t be as difficult.

He said that he had offered to pay for therapy or rehab for his neighbor but didn’t want the news getting out so that transgender people didn’t show up on his doorstep asking for his help to pay for surgeries.

He also continued gloating that being canceled was good for business. The right and anti-transgender activists have turned the comedian into a cause célèbre.

Last month, a city council member in Virginia who faced criticism for wearing blackface compared himself to Chappelle, saying that, like the transphobic comedian, he doesn’t “go around walking on eggshells, worried about hurting someone’s feelings.”

Earlier this week, two transgender Netflix employees dropped a complaint they filed with the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) regarding how the company treated them in the midst of the controversy. Along with dropping the complaint, one of those employees, Terra Field, also announced her resignation from the company.

Related: How to dilate with ease while multitasking. Get more done in your day.

“I said what I said, and boy, I heard what you said,” Chappelle told the audience in a recent live performance he posted. “My God, how could I not. You said you want a safe working environment at Netflix. Well, it seems like I am the only one that can’t go to the office anymore.”

Madison Square Garden has 20,000 seats and Chappelle made over $24 million dollars for The Closer. Netflix would not confirm that it had even paid the two former employees a severance package.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11December 9, 2021 10:16 PM

Brevity, OP

by Anonymousreply 1November 26, 2021 5:15 PM

He’s attacking gays, gay men specifically.

by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2021 6:04 PM

[quote]LGBTQQ2ASSPOZ+

Anti-gay

[quote]faggot

Anti-gay

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2021 6:05 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2021 6:06 PM

For all his whining how he's been canceled, his check certainly wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2021 9:50 PM

Like it or not we are affiliated with trans they tried and succeeded in tying gay men and women to them. So the jokes and opinions will be as well. :/

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2021 9:53 PM

LGBTQQ2ASSPOZ+ and faggot are jokes? What are the trans jokes he made.

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2021 10:04 PM

It seems Netflix just rewarded him with a new special.

by Anonymousreply 8December 9, 2021 6:18 PM

Dave Chapelle likes trans people. It’s gays and lesbians he doesn’t like. Look at his actions—he’s giving trans comedians opportunities, he’s not giving gays and lesbians opportunities—never, in his whole career, and he’s had a problem with gays since the 90s. He’s leaving money to children of deceased trans parents and makes donations to trans charities. He’s not donating to gay and lesbian charities. I don’t know why trans people have such an issue with him.

by Anonymousreply 9December 9, 2021 10:04 PM

Why can’t assholes like this get a terminal illness? They offer nothing to society.

by Anonymousreply 10December 9, 2021 10:14 PM

The best thing you can do is to cancel your Netflix subscription to make sure your money isn’t going to him (I cancelled my subscription years ago). Also make sure not to support other celebrities who like this asshole (Brad Pitt was at one of his shows for example). Don’t give him attention.

by Anonymousreply 11December 9, 2021 10:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!