Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lubbock Texas man was killed trying to pick up his son

I'm sure there were some scummy motherfuckers involved in this one!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237December 1, 2021 1:43 PM

No context, just a video of a man being murdered? Okay, thanks for posting OP, I'm sure you did it for good reasons.

by Anonymousreply 1November 26, 2021 1:22 AM

Looks like it happened on Nov 5.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 26, 2021 1:26 AM

It's a trending story, R1, that's why I posted it.

Here's more info....

[quote] No charges or arrests have been made yet in the Nov. 5 shooting death of 54-year-old Chad Read at a home in the in the 2100 block of 90th Street.

WTF? Why not?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2021 1:29 AM

The shooter's ex-wife is a judge appointed by Gov Abbott. Texas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2021 1:30 AM

Honestly, if the wife was the one taking the video, she didn't sound too upset after he was shot, more just accusatory toward the guy who did it, letting him know she got it all on video. I would think if someone's spouse was murdered right in front of you, you'd have a much different reaction. I hate to say it, but......WHITE TRAILER TRASH.

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2021 1:30 AM

Oh, this is the Chad Read thing? That's been news for weeks, so why post a context-less video without even mentioning Read?

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2021 1:31 AM

These two men were obviously enemies looking for the inevitable showdown. And it was probably over some frau they both fuck(ed).

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2021 1:33 AM

Jesus Christ ! Has this country gone down the fucking drain or what ???

by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2021 1:34 AM

Why don't you put this thread on ignore if you don't like it, R6? Or better yet, start your own thread on the subject?

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2021 1:35 AM

Confederate, gun worshipping trash.

by Anonymousreply 10November 26, 2021 1:37 AM

That was totally unecessary. Now one is dead, and the other probably going to prison for murder. And a boy without a father.

Guns.

by Anonymousreply 11November 26, 2021 1:38 AM

It's a weird, trashy story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 26, 2021 1:39 AM

Thin-skinned babies like r9 are really bringing DL down.

At least link to some NEWS about this instead of random Twitter users.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 26, 2021 1:42 AM

What the fuck? A man is shot dead and no-one involved seems to even care. Like R5 said the woman didn't sound bothered, and the shooter - he just killed someone and he's arguing like nothing happened?

by Anonymousreply 14November 26, 2021 1:42 AM

He's probably not going to be charged, R11. Under Texas law it's justifiable homicide.

Guns. What a great addition to daily life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 26, 2021 1:42 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 26, 2021 1:43 AM

It's the HATFIELDS vs the MCCOYS all over again.

by Anonymousreply 17November 26, 2021 1:43 AM

Guns and straight men. What a combination.

Stay out of Texas. Always!

by Anonymousreply 18November 26, 2021 1:44 AM

[quote]Jesus Christ ! Has this country gone down the fucking drain or what ???

Yes. Just yes.

by Anonymousreply 19November 26, 2021 1:48 AM

I'm so desensitized that I can't bring myself to do further research into this. All I can say is this gun culture we have in The US is disgusting and there's way too many mentally ill, uneducated loons running around with firearms. The GOP and NRA will burn in hell for this beast they enabled.

by Anonymousreply 20November 26, 2021 1:48 AM

Looks to me like a set-up, a trap. They get the dad enraged at not being able to see his son, then the other guy goes in to get a gun to 'defend himself'. And no one seems upset.

by Anonymousreply 21November 26, 2021 1:49 AM

How on earth was it self-defense? The guy didn't appear to be a threat at all.

The backstory in the twitter thread I posted at R12 is just the strangest....the victim's family alleges that the victim was about to expose an affair that the shooter was having.

Something is really strange with all this. R21 might be on to something about it being a set-up.

by Anonymousreply 22November 26, 2021 1:51 AM

how awful for the son.

by Anonymousreply 23November 26, 2021 1:58 AM

It makes you realize what many people are capable when they think they won’t suffer consequences.

by Anonymousreply 24November 26, 2021 2:11 AM

Little dude shot the bigger dude because little dude has a tiny penis?

by Anonymousreply 25November 26, 2021 2:14 AM

We're turning into a nation of self justice and no laws. The shooter was under no physical threat by the boy's father. And 2 weeks later the shooter still have not been charged with anything.

by Anonymousreply 26November 26, 2021 2:18 AM

Green shirt dead guy was really asking for it. If a gun is already pointing at you, grabbing for it is begging for the trigger to be pulled.

by Anonymousreply 27November 26, 2021 2:59 AM

I fucking hate guns. Hate them. I've never touched one in my life. I hate gun people. The Kyle Rittenhouse verdict will encourage many to start carrying guns with them wherever they go.

When it becomes common for most Americans to carry, which seems to be the agenda of many, all is lost. The country I loved is over. I hate redneck flyover trash. Garbage human beings. White trash.

by Anonymousreply 28November 26, 2021 3:00 AM

You're right, R28. A lot more people are going to walking around with guns now. Scary.

by Anonymousreply 29November 26, 2021 3:25 AM

Same here, R28.

It's appalling that this murderer kept repeating "I had no choice. I had no choice!"

Bullshit. He had many choices, OTHER than killing a man.

The other guy wasn't armed. He was heated, but he wasn't threatening the other guy's life.

In fact, green shirt guy threatened to take them to COURT, not to kill anyone.

It was cold blooded murder. And I don't know how that murderer, or the ex-wife can live with themselves.

Hopefully, he'll do the right thing and kill himself.

by Anonymousreply 30November 26, 2021 3:35 AM

It was a little more than threatening to go to court. Note how the big guy is pushing into the shorter guy.

Dead guy should have turned around when he saw the gun but he tried to physically intimidate instead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 26, 2021 3:42 AM

[quote]Jesus Christ ! Has this country gone down the fucking drain or what ???

Did you post this exact sentiment in the Wisconsin thread?

by Anonymousreply 32November 26, 2021 3:44 AM

This is just like the Pennsylvania neighborhood "snow removal" shooting.

It is just mind-boggling to me that when people get into disputes, they feel like the only option is to MURDER the other person.

Americans have lost their motherfucking minds.

by Anonymousreply 33November 26, 2021 3:48 AM

Where was the good guy with a gun to take out the short guy with the gun and save green shirt?

by Anonymousreply 34November 26, 2021 3:49 AM

And the woman who came with green shirt is arguing with gun-toter, while green shirt is dying on the ground.

What a crazy country. Gun nuts are freaks.

by Anonymousreply 35November 26, 2021 3:52 AM

[quote] And the woman who came with green shirt is arguing with gun-toter, while green shirt is dying on the ground.

And completely unbothered that the person she came with is lying there, DEAD on the ground.

As others here have mentioned, not one of them actually seems to care.

Oh, what a world. What a world.

by Anonymousreply 36November 26, 2021 3:53 AM

[quote] trying to pick up his son

Intriguing. Tell me more.

by Anonymousreply 37November 26, 2021 3:57 AM

At the very end you can hear a woman scream something like "oh my God, you really killed him!"

by Anonymousreply 38November 26, 2021 3:58 AM

[quote] This is just like the Pennsylvania neighborhood "snow removal" shooting.

That's why I made the "scummy motherfucker" comment in the OP, R33.

It's insane how they're all just carrying on with their argument while the victim is lying there dead.

by Anonymousreply 39November 26, 2021 3:59 AM

Gun ownership in The US has increased since pandemic. So this will only get worse...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 26, 2021 4:07 AM

It was hard to hear anything over the chicken clucking.

by Anonymousreply 41November 26, 2021 4:09 AM

I just showed my boyfriend, and he seems to believe it's fake or staged because of how odd everyone acted after the man was killed.

by Anonymousreply 42November 26, 2021 4:15 AM

Mental health is a serious issue in this country and needs to be handled as such if we're ever going to get this country back on track.

by Anonymousreply 43November 26, 2021 4:17 AM

I thought so too at first, but nope, R42, not faked/staged. It's every bit as bizarre as the snow removal murders from last February.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44November 26, 2021 4:18 AM

Now, I will preface my comment with an acknowledgement that we are talking about Texas and therefore common sense and logic might not apply, however, surely the little guy must have committed 'murder'. He either came out of the house with the gun, in which case he knew/thought that shit was going to go down, so he should have stayed inside and called the cops. Or, he went out without the gun, the shit started and he went inside for the gun, in which case, that is when he should've stayed inside and called the cops. Probably he hated the guy for some time and created an opportunity to kill him. Green shirt obliged with the necessary aggressive confrontation Shorty needed to justify it.

by Anonymousreply 45November 26, 2021 4:20 AM

Shorty with the trigger finger is kind of hot.

by Anonymousreply 46November 26, 2021 4:24 AM

The ex wife on the right did collapse to the ground near the end....But this is Texas....I'm assuming there are "Stand your ground" gun laws....Big dude did grab his gun and was on the other guys property..Did he deserve to die? No but Texas is about as gun crazy as it gets and I bet in the eye of the law in Texas it was a justified shooting

by Anonymousreply 47November 26, 2021 4:24 AM

Can you just imagine being this guy's kids and being raised by the man that killed your father?

by Anonymousreply 48November 26, 2021 4:28 AM

More straight man rage.

by Anonymousreply 49November 26, 2021 4:41 AM

The white on white crime is out of control!

by Anonymousreply 50November 26, 2021 4:45 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 26, 2021 4:46 AM

[quote] surely the little guy must have committed 'murder'.

Not so cut and dried. They were both monumental idiots. Instead of leaving and calling the cops dead guy got stupid and tried to take the gun away. Not a Texas lawyer but I think it will be a jury question which of the two was the final aggressor and who was the defender when the shots were fired.

by Anonymousreply 52November 26, 2021 4:47 AM

Facebook zombie trash. Zero emotions. It’s all about the video and likes and comments.

by Anonymousreply 53November 26, 2021 4:51 AM

R31

This was being recorded from multiple angles, the homeowner was aware of it, and knew cops and juries would see it.

If there was any chance that this wasn't a CLEAR case of self defense he would never have pulled the trigger.

None of the people responding have ever been in a life or death situation.

by Anonymousreply 54November 26, 2021 4:56 AM

[quote]If there was any chance that this wasn't a CLEAR case of self defense he would never have pulled the trigger.

This is delusional.

by Anonymousreply 55November 26, 2021 4:57 AM

That was DISGUSTING.

This man, clearly baby mama’s boyfriend or husband, murders her sons father with NO fucks given.

This was barbaric.

And it’s absolutely tragic because this is just an over the top experience of what a lot of divorced / separate men have to go through in order to see their own children.

by Anonymousreply 56November 26, 2021 4:58 AM

r45 here. As is obvious from my previous comment, I did not watch the video when I commented at 45 (didn't really want to see someone die) but have now, and wish I hadn't. That fucking ex-wife and her pussy husband/bf seem like real pieces of shit. They didn't have the kid there ready for his father to collect at the arranged time, which makes me think it is likely they knew the father would (understandably) go off. The pussy who came back out with the gun should have just called the cops instead of coming back outside with the gun since nobody was in imminent danger until HE came out with a weapon and escalated things. Definitely think he (they) hoped this would happen and he could shoot him and claim it was self-defence.

by Anonymousreply 57November 26, 2021 5:01 AM

All the videographer was thinking is that “my ship has come in. This will go viral. I’ll be an internet sensation”.

by Anonymousreply 58November 26, 2021 5:03 AM

[quote] They were both monumental idiots. Instead of leaving and calling the cops dead guy got stupid and tried to take the gun away.

But that was not when he got shot. He was already a distance away and not posing a threat when he got shot.

by Anonymousreply 59November 26, 2021 5:04 AM

He felt threatened so he can shoot. Those seem to be the new Kyle rules. It’s definitely weird that no one seems to notice or care that the man is dead.

by Anonymousreply 60November 26, 2021 5:07 AM

R50

Yep.

by Anonymousreply 61November 26, 2021 5:08 AM

I thought this was about a man cruising his own son.

by Anonymousreply 62November 26, 2021 5:09 AM

Won't someone please think of the chickens.

by Anonymousreply 63November 26, 2021 5:11 AM

And get this, if I’m not mistaken.

This guy is actually just banging her.

He’s married.

by Anonymousreply 64November 26, 2021 5:13 AM

JIMMMMAAAAY!

by Anonymousreply 65November 26, 2021 5:14 AM

Bang, bang…my baby mama’s boytoy shot me down.

by Anonymousreply 66November 26, 2021 5:15 AM

R50 Yeah these pro gun rights people are eating their own.

by Anonymousreply 67November 26, 2021 5:17 AM

I'm sorry tall dude is dead but I'm fairly certain he was an angry, easily-incited asshole with a long history of assholiness in his background. Short dude also seems like an asshole, and he and his girlfriend/fuckpiece clearly wanted to piss off tall dude by not having his kid/s ready at the agreed-upon time.

And as most have noted, tall dude's girlfriend/fuckpiece didn't seem all that upset when her man-meat fuckpiece got murdered, and short dude didn't seem all that concerned about killing someone either. Both men seemed happy to act as trashy as fuck and this was probably the most exciting thing that has ever happened to both women.

No doubt everyone involved (including the dead guy, prior to his being all dead and shit) thinks their idiotic, immature, violent assholery is the stuff of old-school country music lore, but they actually all belong on World Star Hiphop. Isn't it ironic? Don't ya think?

by Anonymousreply 68November 26, 2021 5:18 AM

[quote]This is just like the Pennsylvania neighborhood "snow removal" shooting.

It's not. I know you want it to be so you can make up more homophobic stories about Heartbroken Closeted Gays Who Are Driven To Kill, but how about you just do that on your own time and not co-opt a real story?

The issue here is that there are still a lot of areas in the U.S. where someone can commit murder and as long as they're well connected or have a political agenda that the rightwing money machine can rally behind, they'll get away with it.

by Anonymousreply 69November 26, 2021 5:19 AM

And of course the shooter’s name is Kyle!

by Anonymousreply 70November 26, 2021 5:20 AM

Um, COVID, do your thing?

by Anonymousreply 71November 26, 2021 5:21 AM

[quote]It’s definitely weird that no one seems to notice or care that the man is dead.

Shock, probably. Sometimes in situations like this your mind simply isn't processing what's happening around you.

by Anonymousreply 72November 26, 2021 5:24 AM

Thanksgiving in deploraville.

by Anonymousreply 73November 26, 2021 5:27 AM

There's just so many weird angles to this story - the shooter and his ex wife the Abbott appointed judge, the affair the shooter was having that the victim was going to expose, the victim's ex is married to the shooter but is being cheated on, the apparent coverup by local law enforcement....

by Anonymousreply 74November 26, 2021 5:30 AM

Shit like this happens in Chicago 2,000 times a day.

by Anonymousreply 75November 26, 2021 5:34 AM

If some dumb ape tried to intimidate me by getting 3 inches from my face I would either tell him that breath smelled like shit or I would try to kiss him. I hate that kind of macho posturing, it's like something from a bad movie.

by Anonymousreply 76November 26, 2021 5:45 AM

Between this and the murdered pregnant librarian, Millennials are entering the mean give no fuck phase of Xers.

by Anonymousreply 77November 26, 2021 5:56 AM

How unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 78November 26, 2021 6:14 AM

The level of violence in this country is just out of control.

Does anyone else think it will ever get better?

Because I don't.

by Anonymousreply 79November 26, 2021 6:16 AM

How did he die so fast, with the two shots?

You sometimes see people get shot and they survive, or they at least live for a while until they bleed out.

But this guy seems to have died instantly.

Obviously he got shot, but what caused his quick death?

by Anonymousreply 80November 26, 2021 6:18 AM

Jesus Christ, these white trash dramas always need a fucking diagram to keep them straight!

“The shooter’s mistress’s son-in-law’s brothers barber was seeing the victim’s daughters mother-in-law.”

by Anonymousreply 81November 26, 2021 6:34 AM

Was he the non-custodial parent? Otherwise I don’t get any of this. After Rittenhouse can we provoke anyone for anything at any time? And then shoot them claiming self-defense?

by Anonymousreply 82November 26, 2021 6:56 AM

Went through spine

by Anonymousreply 83November 26, 2021 6:57 AM

You just know that Borderline bitch of a wife was antagonizing the entire situation. Straight men will do crazy shit when they get pussymatized.

by Anonymousreply 84November 26, 2021 7:17 AM

I'm guessing the mom and/or her BF wanted him to come to the property and start an argument so that they'd have an excuse to shoot him in "self-defense."

by Anonymousreply 85November 26, 2021 7:55 AM

R7 He needs to get out of Spokane and ditched that whore ASAP. I heard got back together with her. So both are somewhat desperate but I think she needs him more than he needs her because she’s a single mother (he’s not the baby daddy). He just needs her to validate himself and appear hetereosexual to whoever he’s trying to impress.

by Anonymousreply 86November 26, 2021 2:58 PM

Wrong thread oops

by Anonymousreply 87November 26, 2021 3:00 PM

[quote] You just know that Borderline bitch of a wife was antagonizing the entire situation.

I agree.

Females are always the instigators, and they use their boyfriends/partners to get what they want.

by Anonymousreply 88November 26, 2021 3:21 PM

[quote] None of the people responding have ever been in a life or death situation.

It was a purely manufactured and preventable situation.

by Anonymousreply 89November 26, 2021 4:41 PM

Did any of the women involved here consider putting down their goddamn phones for two seconds to try to de-escalate the situation? Of course not. Even while a man gets murdered nobody can let go of their phones.

by Anonymousreply 90November 26, 2021 4:59 PM

[quote]Even while a man gets murdered nobody can let go of their phones.

Phones are the new guns.

by Anonymousreply 91November 26, 2021 5:06 PM

Straight couples. They can't stay together for long before they end up hating each other. Unfortunately, they don't realize this fact until after their irresponsible sexual behavior produces one or more kids. Then, once they realize they hate each other, they're still tied together for life because they share a kid. So after they break up, they continue to make each other miserable...and their kid as well.

by Anonymousreply 92November 26, 2021 5:09 PM

R63, maybe they can send them to Montecito.

by Anonymousreply 93November 26, 2021 5:14 PM

The case is in the hands of the Texas AG, after the Lubbock County AG's office recused themselves because "an elected official may be called to testify".

In other words there's no way this goes to court. The elected official aside, there's no way Paxton risks the ire of the NRA and other gun nuts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94November 26, 2021 5:27 PM

Kyle Carruth is a huge metrosexual. Maybe a deeply repressed homosexual.

by Anonymousreply 95November 26, 2021 5:47 PM

It's really starting to look like, what, a third of the country buys a gun with the active intention to kill someone with it, or at least total comfort with the idea they would kill someone with it.

Just fucking unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 96November 26, 2021 5:49 PM

This is what happens when republicans have weapons.

by Anonymousreply 97November 26, 2021 5:57 PM

Well, this should put an end to the thread of Houston vs Boston! Who the hell wants to live in this crazy state of Texas?!

by Anonymousreply 98November 26, 2021 6:15 PM

The homeowner, if charged (being the estranged husband of an Abbott-appointed judge and head of a local gun rights organization, who even knows if he will), may not be able to claim self-defense because the dead guy was at his house for a court-ordered child pickup and wasn’t being allowed access to a child. Shooter may find kidnapping tacked on (IF charged).

The self defense laws are in the US may be in for a rough time.

by Anonymousreply 99November 26, 2021 6:20 PM

Straight men will do anything for a piece of puss.

by Anonymousreply 100November 26, 2021 8:10 PM

Ive been in almost every state in this country,and I hated Texas the second I landed there. Unfortunately I ended up living there 3 different times and I never felt any different. The men were hot,but my god the people were oh so ignorant. That was the first time I ever encountered open and public bigotry on a grand scale. And Im from Florida ,for gods sake !

by Anonymousreply 101November 26, 2021 8:13 PM

[quote]The case is in the hands of the Texas AG

There's a comfort.

by Anonymousreply 102November 26, 2021 8:14 PM

Sad and shocking. There really is a problem with men, guns, and violence in this country, and it is not being adequately addressed by anyone.

by Anonymousreply 103November 26, 2021 8:19 PM

I disagree it's a problem just with men... there was that crazy pregnant woman in Florida shot and killed because she was approaching with a gun.

There is a cultural problem with guns in the country and there's an access problems with gun. Most of the world, at least the west, sees the same gaming and movies but they don't sell guns like the U.S. does.

by Anonymousreply 104November 26, 2021 8:25 PM

There are a lot of Americans who feel entitled to having what they want, when they want it. And, there are a lot of them who are angry, stupid, or have nothing to lose.

Additionally, our society no longer encourages people to exert self-control, only to act out, to pride themselves on being an asshole or a bitch or (the ultimate prize for an American) to "go viral" for shitty behavior.

When you add firearms to any, a combination of or all of those things, you're going to be where we're at. It's sad, frightening, and embarrassing.

by Anonymousreply 105November 26, 2021 8:38 PM

Maybe we could have a nicer country here in the US if people didn't buy into every single goddamned marketing scheme put in front of them. Life wasn't like this 30 years ago. Thanks NRA.

by Anonymousreply 106November 26, 2021 9:01 PM

how ghetto

by Anonymousreply 107November 26, 2021 9:08 PM

Absolutely sickening.

by Anonymousreply 108November 27, 2021 1:28 AM

[quote] Ive been in almost every state in this country,and I hated Texas the second I landed there. Unfortunately I ended up living there 3 different times and I never felt any different. The men were hot,but my god the people were oh so ignorant. That was the first time I ever encountered open and public bigotry on a grand scale. And Im from Florida ,for gods sake !

R101 where in Texas did you live? I stayed in Houston for a few months, liked it (aside from the driving, the concrete, the humidity…), but couldn’t imagine myself living anywhere else in the state.

by Anonymousreply 109November 27, 2021 1:30 AM

I just texted this to my conservative brother in Texas, and his response:

Dang! That's fucked up! I don't think it warranted the use of the gun in any way, shape, or form. I'm not seeing this as a self defense case at all.

by Anonymousreply 110November 27, 2021 1:32 AM

R109 I lived in Dallas,Fort Worth ,Arlington and Houston. Every time we were there for my husbands job .Thankfully never more than a few months at a time. I'll never forget being in a grocery store behind an elderly Mexican man and the white trash cashier was incredibly rude and nasty to him. He had held out his hand with change in it for her to grab the correct amount,and she snarled and practically slapped his hand away while loudly declaring "I dont know why you people come here if you cant even figure out the money" . I went OFF on that bitch . Another time I waiting tables at a Dennys (I liked to make fun money while hubby was working) and this table full of immaculately put together old ladies were spewing the most racist shit I ever heard. Table full of Mexicans right next to them. The only things I really liked there was the Mexican food,the cheap and good pot,and the eye candy . The heat was stultifying ,the people were assholes and it was so fucking boring .

by Anonymousreply 111November 27, 2021 1:43 AM

I live in TX and there absolutely is an undercurrent of racist resentment towards Mexicans. It’s often very subtle, but I imagine it’s the same attitude black folks have to tolerate in the South. It’s gross.

by Anonymousreply 112November 27, 2021 1:49 AM

r109 here again; this hit home for my brother; he just texted:

From what I could tell the father was there to get his son at the court appointed time and the mother failed to allow visitation. The father was rightfully upset and I can guarantee this wasn't the first time this has happened. Mothers do this, look at how [his ex-wife] has managed to get away with it. I've had her in contempt of court twice to the tune of $25k. This is terrible and the courts have let it get out of control, and then this happens. I simple do not see this as self defense. There was no need for the gun, none.

If my conservative Texan brother sees it this way, I wouldn't be surprised if its not shared by others and the Texas AG will be forced to charge the killer with something.

by Anonymousreply 113November 27, 2021 1:53 AM

r112, I taught high school for several years in a suburb of Dallas. The school was about 70% Hispanic, 20% black, 10% white; what stunned me was that the vocal and physical racism wasn't between the whites and the blacks, it was between the blacks and the Hispanics -- every single fight I witnessed was a black kid fighting with a Hispanic kid (fortunately, it never expanded beyond two kids fighting each other). The white kids stayed off to the side, trying not to get involved.

by Anonymousreply 114November 27, 2021 1:58 AM

Unfortunately there’s a lot of passive aggressive behavior that leads up to these confrontations. People feel entitled to do things to antagonize people they don’t like (neighbors, exes, etc). So then when the person finally snaps and reacts , everyone acts all shocked as if they went from 0 to 100 in a minute.

In this case, however, the dad was so exasperated he got upset and confrontational, and the idiot felt entitled to murder him.

This show gave me a different perspective on how people terrorize each other.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115November 27, 2021 2:10 AM

[quote] the vocal and physical racism wasn't between the whites and the blacks, it was between the blacks and the Hispanics

No surprise. Maybe ten years ago somebody took the census data and did racial demographic maps of major cities. The interesting thing was the white and black, and the white and hispanic neighborhoods overlapped and faded into one another. However the black and hispanic neighborhood borders tended to be very abrupt and distinct.

by Anonymousreply 116November 27, 2021 2:12 AM

The dead man should call the cop to look for his son. And he should back off when he saw the gun

by Anonymousreply 117November 27, 2021 2:12 AM

I feel like the two women stoked this shit to some extent. I hate women who feed this kind of shit and provoke their husband/bf into a confrontation—then start screaming STOP! STOP! when it all goes down. And how is that woman filming just prattling on about BS after the dude was just killed right in front of her? Bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 118November 27, 2021 2:21 AM

The lady in the truck thought it was a paintball gun at first because the sound was muffled

by Anonymousreply 119November 27, 2021 3:02 AM

Rednecks, breeders, idiotic would-be machismo, and a custody fight that's more about the parents than the kid.

This used to be settled on Maury Povich, not on the porch of a Lubbock hovel.

by Anonymousreply 120November 27, 2021 3:07 AM

[quote] The lady in the truck thought it was a paintball gun at first because the sound was muffled

Interesting, R119.

I actually thought it was a BB Gun because it was so quiet.

by Anonymousreply 121November 27, 2021 3:12 AM

[quote] I went OFF on that bitch .

What did you tell her?

by Anonymousreply 122November 27, 2021 3:18 AM

The man is lying down motionless and none of the women seemed to notice. They didn’t even call out his name or go over to him

by Anonymousreply 123November 27, 2021 3:20 AM

Y’all get off my lawn!

by Anonymousreply 124November 27, 2021 3:21 AM

Clint Eastwood approves this message!

by Anonymousreply 125November 27, 2021 3:31 AM

Trashy freakshow. In general, Americans need to learn to dial it the fuck down. And this whole medieval " I need to protect muh ladies honor" shit has caused nothing but problems in the U.S. All it's done is make both sexes less safe.

by Anonymousreply 126November 27, 2021 3:43 AM

[quote] this whole medieval " I need to protect muh ladies honor" shit has caused nothing but problems in the U.S.

Although I agree with what you wrote, they seemed to be focused on his "trespassing."

Notice how many times they said something about "leave the property."

By repeating that, I think that they were actually trying to lay the foundation of their case on his trespassing on their property, and thus they had the right to shoot him.

That has already been upheld in Texas, so they were trying to be clever by not only recording the incident, but also by dropping the word "get off the property" multiple times.

This was calculated, for sure.

by Anonymousreply 127November 27, 2021 4:19 AM

[quote] The lady in the truck thought it was a paintball gun at first because the sound was muffled

Did she really say that?

by Anonymousreply 128November 27, 2021 4:21 AM

It's easy to miss, but the clip that's on the news sites (R2) ends with a brief section that's audio only. The widow, who had been filming from the truck and yelling at Kyle, tells her son to call 911 and leaves the vehicle. In the distance you can hear someone (presumably her) cry out "oh my god, you really did it." So I can believe she didn't fully realize what went down until she saw the body.

For some reason, the clip on Twitter cuts off before this and also starts with an alternate angle of the murder from inside the house. Wonder who shot/edited/uploaded that. The clip on the news sites was provided by the victim's widow.

by Anonymousreply 129November 27, 2021 4:39 AM

The shooter look like FAMILY.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130November 27, 2021 5:05 AM

Agree, R130. He was smelling batches and batches of cookies.

by Anonymousreply 131November 27, 2021 5:07 AM

Who takes a photo in a shoe store??

by Anonymousreply 132November 27, 2021 6:42 AM

The dead guy went there to pick up his son, per a court order outlining visitation rights. The mother (a judge) just said she didn't know where the kid was. If it's an order, it's her responsibility to make sure the kid is there for the father, right?

I hate all this hatred.

by Anonymousreply 133November 27, 2021 6:54 AM

The judge is Anne-Marie Carruth, the wife of Kyle Carruth, the shooter (they've since divorced). The mother was just Kyle's side piece at the time.

I think I have that right, anyway. Hard to tell with these people.

by Anonymousreply 134November 27, 2021 7:19 AM

Texas.

by Anonymousreply 135November 27, 2021 7:34 AM

Jesus, how do people not think twice about the fact that they are going to be responsible for someone’s death, regardless of the reason? In too many instances these people could have just went inside, lock the door and called the cops.

Most of the time these people are trying to antagonize you into reacting or having a meltdown so they can react violently or act like are dangerous.

I have an asshole housemate that does this to annoy me, throwing stuff around the kitchen, slamming drawers, etc to be disturbing to get under my skin when I am in the living room. I can’t ask him not to, because then he will do it more. So I just turned around and started recording it on my phone. Suddenly it stopped when he realized I was recording.

Your best defense with passive aggressive/crazy behavior is recording it. People say whatever they want went down without proof otherwise. When there’s video evidence, it’s hard to contradict for them to claim it was you overreacting, it never happened, etc.

by Anonymousreply 136November 27, 2021 8:03 AM

Did anybody hear FUCKING chickens? Like a Hee-Haw skit.

by Anonymousreply 137November 27, 2021 10:11 AM

R137 I'm assuming you're using fucking as an exclamation regarding the presence of chickens rather than the chickens having sex in the background? Because with this low class trash fest it's hard to be sure.

by Anonymousreply 138November 27, 2021 10:40 AM

Why did he looked like a masc dom top in shooting video but in this picture he seem to be channeling his inner Senatrice?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139November 27, 2021 10:53 AM

Going to prison for murder?? OMFS

by Anonymousreply 140November 27, 2021 10:55 AM

R136...Yes. Gun lovers are at the ready to shoot someone with little provocation. It's like....when can I start using my gun? This is how disputes are solved in deplorable areas today. You go from speed 0 to 100 in a manner of seconds. There's no go between, just pull out the goddamned gun.

by Anonymousreply 141November 27, 2021 10:56 AM

Guns give weak people the mistaken idea that they're actually strong.

The truth is, it makes them even weaker.

by Anonymousreply 142November 27, 2021 11:25 AM

Since she doesn't know where the kid is, shouldn't she be charged with parental neglect at the very least?

by Anonymousreply 143November 27, 2021 11:35 AM

Me too R28....me too.

by Anonymousreply 144November 27, 2021 11:45 AM

R99, you have no grasp of any of this. None.

If the father arrives for a court-ordered pick-up of the child and is denied access to the child, the procedure accepted by the law is that the parent leave peacefully, go to court, and file a petition informing the court that access to the child was denied. The father could try to strengthen his claim by calling the police, showing the cop the court order, and letting the cop try to get the mother to hand over the child. Or, the cops might never show up. But a police report would help a lot when the matter goes before a judge.

Strong-arming your way onto the property using physical force is not how it is done. Nor is entering the property without permission. The father could be on the sidewalk, but not on the property. Once the kid's father chose that course of action, the door to a claim of self defense was opened.

by Anonymousreply 145November 27, 2021 11:57 AM

[quote] If the father arrives for a court-ordered pick-up of the child and is denied access to the child, the procedure accepted by the law is that the parent leave peacefully, go to court, and file a petition informing the court that access to the child was denied.

Or in other words, that CUNT of a mother can play silly little games, antagonize and taunt the father, push his buttons, then when he gets angry, have your adulterous "boyfriend" shoot and kill the father, as part of your manipulative scheme to get rid of him.

Case in point.

by Anonymousreply 146November 27, 2021 12:39 PM

Not if the non-custodial parent stays on the sidewalk.

by Anonymousreply 147November 27, 2021 12:40 PM

Surely the murderer is feeling vulnerable right now. Because if he can kill someone with no repercussions, then surely someone can also kill him with no repercussions?

by Anonymousreply 148November 27, 2021 1:01 PM

Isn’t provoking a situation that leads to someone’s death get you charged with manslaughter? These women than goad men into circumstances where there’s a violent outcome should bear some responsibility.

by Anonymousreply 149November 27, 2021 4:40 PM

[quote]Shit like this happens in Chicago 2,000 times a day.

It's just so funny to read this thread and the sneering at "deplorables", "Texas" etc.

Just Google the date of ANY weekend plus "Chicago shootings". The numbers are outrageous. And those numbers include lots kids shot too.

This incident in Texas is NOTHING in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 150November 27, 2021 5:02 PM

The shooters wife seems seems like a total bitch. Is there any explanation yet of who these people are to each other? Why would they have his son to begin with?

by Anonymousreply 151November 27, 2021 5:07 PM

I think the difference is that in Chicago you have a bunch of criminals, from impoverished and poorly educated backgrounds, acting like criminals. These people, at least from appearances, don't seem to be criminals. It was a domestic situation that got out of hand and out of control and because of our liberal gun laws someone ended up murdered. Criminals are going to shoot and kill because they're criminals. No one should die trying to pick up his kid.

by Anonymousreply 152November 27, 2021 5:09 PM

You Americans are a special breed of retards.

by Anonymousreply 153November 27, 2021 5:23 PM

[quote]Did anybody hear FUCKING chickens? Like a Hee-Haw skit.

I love little chickies!

by Anonymousreply 154November 27, 2021 5:26 PM

I’m a Texan, and the shooter was totally in the right in this situation. This asshole was on his property and was asked to leave multiple times. Then he started getting aggressive and threatening. The shooter had every right to defend his property and family. This is the way justice should be carried out, rather than tie up the courts for years and put the children through hell. He shouldn’t serve one day jail time.

by Anonymousreply 155November 27, 2021 5:30 PM

Classic toxic masculinity with the guy in green thrusting his chest out and the other guy with the gun.

by Anonymousreply 156November 27, 2021 5:33 PM

[quote] The shooter look like FAMILY.

He looks like a figure skater.

by Anonymousreply 157November 27, 2021 5:36 PM

R155 The shooter had every right to defend his property? Defend it from what? Was the other guy planning to steal the property? You patriots and gun nuts are fucking retarded. If you think this tiny little argument they had is enough for a person to loose his life over, you are braindead.

by Anonymousreply 158November 27, 2021 5:45 PM

R158 - The Castle Doctrine allows us to legally brandish and discharge a firearm when an aggressor is on our property. Both men knew about this. The “victim” was actually the criminal here. He was trespassing, and as a result lost his life due to his own stupidity and emotion. Nothing to see here; have a funeral and move on.

by Anonymousreply 159November 27, 2021 5:51 PM

I like to think Lyndon would have done the same thing if someone had trespassed on our ranch.

by Anonymousreply 160November 27, 2021 6:04 PM

R159 Just because something is allowed by the retarded American law, doesn't mean you have to do it. You are allowed to use your own brains, you know?

by Anonymousreply 161November 27, 2021 6:06 PM

Just because something may be technically legal doesn't mean it's right. There's absolutely no reason to settle an ordinary, petty dispute with a gun unless you think killing another person is nbd (which an alarming number of Americans do, apparently).

by Anonymousreply 162November 27, 2021 6:20 PM

R5, the minimal to no reaction by the people in the video made me wonder what the hell was going on....not a single OH! MY! GOD! screech

by Anonymousreply 163November 27, 2021 6:33 PM

The law IS the reason he did it. It's all an NRA marketing scheme. Gun manufacturers created this mindset, and Americans RAN to sign up for it all. We went from Waco (hoarding guns OMG) to pink purse guns and panic-driven ammo shortages.

by Anonymousreply 164November 27, 2021 7:09 PM

"You think I'm fucking scared, you bitch?" This reminds me of the Tim-maaay video where the lady kept cursing at the man who was shooting at her.

When the shooter first told the victim to "get off my property", the victim held his hands up to show they were empty and unarmed. The shooter then runs inside. Instead of grabbing a phone to call the police (who would have sided with the victim), he grabs his gun. (Amurika!).

Then the victim shouts, "You better goddamn use it you motherfucker, or goddamn it, I'll take it and fucking use it on you." The defense will use this to make a case that the defendant was threatened. But...the victim felt pretty threatened when the shooter came out of his house with a shotgun and pointed it at him. The shooter shot the victim's feet. The victim tried to grab the gun away, shoving the shooter in the process. The defense team will try to argue that was assault and made the shooter feel more threatened.

by Anonymousreply 165November 27, 2021 7:15 PM

No one is arresting or charging the little dandy shooter. I would be frankly surprised if they did, because it happened in gun-loving Texas.

by Anonymousreply 166November 27, 2021 7:18 PM

[quote]But...the victim felt pretty threatened when the shooter came out of his house with a shotgun and pointed it at him.

Uh...then the "victim" should have put 2 and 2 together.

by Anonymousreply 167November 27, 2021 7:18 PM

Trashy breeders and a trashy, tiny cookie smeller.

by Anonymousreply 168November 27, 2021 7:21 PM

What happened to having a good ol' fistfight?

by Anonymousreply 169November 27, 2021 7:22 PM

This country is such a trashy shithole now and I would never live in Texas. This country is violent and full of freaks obsessed with guns.

by Anonymousreply 170November 27, 2021 7:23 PM

You're a sick fuck, R155. Just horrible.

by Anonymousreply 171November 27, 2021 7:31 PM

Miget homeowner dude has stated his boundaries. This new chick in his life is a fine piece of ass but man does she come with some baggage. Fucking offspring to support and now her ex is prancing back and forth in the front yard. barking demands, and demasculting his pip squeek size! Not putting up with it, he's got to go and a couple of rounds will do the trick. Luckily, we're in TEXAS!!

by Anonymousreply 172November 27, 2021 7:54 PM

I haven't watched the video, R156 but even in the few still I can see posted here the primitive, simian body language is evident.

R171 is also entirely correct. "Rawr me no care about human life. Me big hard man. Rawr." So fucking tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 173November 27, 2021 8:09 PM

November score to date in Chicago

Total Homicides: 58

Shot & Wounded: 225

One murder every ten hours and eight seconds

One shooting every hour and fifty three seconds

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174November 27, 2021 8:11 PM

r155 screams, WON'T SOMEONE PLEASE THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!! when there is a protracted court case in these situations. No, that's no fun for them but probably preferable to turning their father into a fucking tea strainer on the front lawn. How do you think the kids would feel about that? This is how justice should be done? So no using common sense and going the hell inside and letting the cops handle it? Shit only got physical when the dwarf came out with the gun. That's it. These two created the problem by not having the kid there when they were supposed to. The dead guy says something to the effect that the woman is always pulling this shit, he's probably had enough of the pair of them. I hope they throw the fucking book at both of these shitbags, her for defying a court order and her pussy midget husband/bf for killing someone when he absolutely did not have to do it.

by Anonymousreply 175November 27, 2021 9:17 PM

R155...you've got to be kidding me. No one was threatening anyone's life or property. That man was shot in cold blood for no reason. Any rational individual can see that from that video.

by Anonymousreply 176November 27, 2021 9:30 PM

R155 Obvious troll is obvious.

by Anonymousreply 177November 27, 2021 10:58 PM

The biggest joke of it all is that harpy bitch ex wife will throw Mighty Mouse under the fucking bus with a quickness if they get arrested. Just you watch.

by Anonymousreply 178November 28, 2021 12:40 AM

Local district attorney is out, case transferred to state AG.

This the state Telsa and others are running to?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179November 28, 2021 3:28 AM

I doubt he's charged in Texas - especially since he seems to have friends in high places. Yeah, I get it - it was on his property - which everyone has a right to defend (Castle doctrine, right?) and the ex-husband did get into it with him. But, jesus christ. All he did was get up in his face - without a gun. Self-defense should at least have some sort of reasonableness standard. Would most people see this as a situation where homicide was justified. But, again, being on the property in Texas. I'd really wonder what would have happened if the exact same exchange happened in a parking lot or something.

Welcome to the post-Rittenhouse era. Shoot at will.

by Anonymousreply 180November 28, 2021 5:14 AM

[quote] Self-defense should at least have some sort of reasonableness standard. Would most people see this as a situation where homicide was justified.

Leaving it a jury question as noted above

by Anonymousreply 181November 28, 2021 5:23 AM

As a poster said up thread. This is Texas. You don't even need to show a permit to open carry. "Stand Your Ground" is applicable. The shooter went through all of the steps--verbal warnings, a warning shot, kill shot. The second he aimed and told me to get off his property, there'd be a cloud of dirt behind me. What REALLY helps the shooter's case is Joelene--probably with a Virginia Slim hanging out of her mouth--recording the whole thing while sitting in the pick-up truck.

I mean...it's REALLY a comedy of errors.

by Anonymousreply 182November 28, 2021 9:53 AM

R182 It seems massively open to abuse. There have got to be a lot of people in Texas that have sworn enemies and could lure someone to their property then follow the exact same steps as this guy to ensure they can murder someone they dislike with no repercussions.

The shooter must have known what the father's temperament was like and that deliberately denying him access to his biological son at the agreed time would really piss him off. He likely also guessed that the father wouldn't have been carrying a gun when coming to pick his son up - hence the risk to the property owner's life was very low.

The fact that where was no real emotion reaction after the shooting makes it seem planned as well.

by Anonymousreply 183November 28, 2021 11:47 AM

Before all the MARYS! come in clutching their pearls and and saying this is just like the Rittenhouse case; no, it isn’t.

In the Rittenhouse case, Kyle was running away when he was chased. He stopped, pointed his gun at Pedo Rosenbaum and then, when that didn’t stop him, he actually continued to run. He only shot when he was cornered a second time. It is all on video (the video the persecution hid from the Defense). And, in Kyle’s case, he was part of a counter protest and have every right to be there.

In this case, the family is hiding his son from him in violation of a custody agreement. The victim was allowed to be on the property because he was there to pick up his son per court order. The man who did the shooting also had ample time to to into his home and lock it if he felt a clear and pressing danger. Unlike Rittenhouse who exhausted all options to flee, this man did none of that. He was also at a safe distance when he shot.

Maybe the courts will find it differently, but from a moral standpoint, the cases are very different. I won’t mourn a dead child rapist, but I will mourn a father killed for wanting to see his child.

by Anonymousreply 184November 28, 2021 12:11 PM

I also wonder whether the massive amount of national and international coverage will have any impact.

I know it shouldn't, but it wouldn't be the first time that a strong public outcry/backlash has had an impact on a case.

by Anonymousreply 185November 28, 2021 12:16 PM

The biggest question is if the court order stated 3:15 as the pick-up time and at the Mom’s residence. There is muffled audio where the parties argue about 3:15, “after work,” and if the son is at the Mom’s mom’s house.

Custody court orders are very specific.

by Anonymousreply 186November 28, 2021 12:34 PM

Reasonableness standard? Who the fuck is going to care what a jury decides about the man who shot and killed you?

A review by a jury of a done deal is does nothing for the guy who was killed. The "justice" available in court for a dead victim is entirely illusory.

by Anonymousreply 187November 28, 2021 12:39 PM

[quote]The victim was allowed to be on the property because he was there to pick up his son per court order.

You know that for a fact, R184? Or is that a massive assumption on your part. Visitation orders are usually written with very specific language that dictate exactly - EXACTLY - where and when the pick up and drop off are to happen.

Just a tip... NEVER go into one of those play spaces at McDonald's. Especially on Friday and Sunday afternoon and early evening. They are filled with angry parents picking up and dropping off their kids. Those places are bloody shootouts waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 188November 28, 2021 12:44 PM

Thank god the victim wasn’t black. We’d be hearing about this for months. This is standard Texas news; we’ll forget it in a week.

by Anonymousreply 189November 28, 2021 1:53 PM

Texas.

by Anonymousreply 190November 28, 2021 2:26 PM

Give it back to Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 191November 28, 2021 2:30 PM

Both white trash. No one cares.

by Anonymousreply 192November 28, 2021 2:31 PM

No way this isn’t a set up by the ex wife to get rid of the child’s father…

by Anonymousreply 193November 28, 2021 2:39 PM

Question, does the ex wife show up at the funeral? And if she does will there be a big messy redneck scene?

by Anonymousreply 194November 28, 2021 2:40 PM

Absolutely what R193 said. She may only have wanted the father scared away, not murdered, but she's up to her ass in making this happen.

by Anonymousreply 195November 28, 2021 2:41 PM

R193 - I was thinking the same thing! I’m from Texas, and I know many conniving, petty women that would do this. I mean, it’s actually kind of genius. Having to deal with the father until the child is 18 years old would be a nightmare. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 196November 28, 2021 2:41 PM

R188 Is that really true? I know that it's cliched at this point--even comedians joke about it--but it would be a trip to see these "transactions" IRL

by Anonymousreply 197November 28, 2021 2:44 PM

Is the judge of the custody case the wife of the shooter, or is she just a random judge who is being cheated on? Her being a judge, with other judge friends no doubt, and a woman scorned could spell trouble for the philandering shooter and his claims of self defense…

by Anonymousreply 198November 28, 2021 2:52 PM

Wow, he just nonchalantly murders someone. It's on tape and he is going to claim stand your ground? Self defense? No one reacted the way they should have after the man was down. I think a set up to murder him and try to claim he was protecting his house, standing ground, etc.

by Anonymousreply 199November 28, 2021 2:56 PM

[quote][R188] Is that really true?

If you are asking about picking up and dropping off kids at McDonald's, yes it is true. It is written into court orders every day by judges presiding in Family Courts. The location is warm, dry, indoors, there's a place for the kids to play. But for the concentration of angry parents, it's a great solution to the problem.

by Anonymousreply 200November 28, 2021 3:00 PM

I agree R199 R198 R193 R189 R184.

by Anonymousreply 201November 28, 2021 3:23 PM

"Before all the MARYS! come in clutching their pearls and and saying this is just like the Rittenhouse case; no, it isn’t. "

It's not like the Rittenhouse case. We're saying the Rittenhouse case will encourage people to shoot no matter the situation and think that they'll be protected under the law - whether they're right or not. Rittenhouse is sort of a gun/American violence cultural apex -- the idea that you bring your weapon everywhere and are always justified in shooting because of you're "scared" or because anybody does anything - walks towards you, runs towards you, etc. But yes, this case is different.

by Anonymousreply 202November 28, 2021 3:41 PM

This clearly could have been a fisticuffs situation. The two men should have thrown punches and the police called to sort it out. The murder was unnecessary.

by Anonymousreply 203November 28, 2021 4:15 PM

I don't think Kyle (the Lubbock Kyle, but maybe both) is capable of handling himself in a fight. Hence the gun. Somehow it's less of an imposition to just shoot someone.

by Anonymousreply 204November 28, 2021 4:22 PM

The Covid death toll continues to rise. I bet green shirt wasn’t vaccinated.

by Anonymousreply 205November 28, 2021 4:57 PM

What it all boils down to really is this just isnt the way civilized people should be acting. Its positively dystopian .As a nation we should all be ahsamed that one of us acts like this.

by Anonymousreply 206November 28, 2021 5:21 PM

Did green shirt present hole?

by Anonymousreply 207November 28, 2021 5:24 PM

Bullet hole, yes.

But that's probably not the hole you're interested in, R207.

by Anonymousreply 208November 28, 2021 5:25 PM

I’m a medical professional and I’m just marveling at how not one person initiated CPR, or even went over to the body! It’s like they didn’t even care. And maybe they didn’t.

by Anonymousreply 209November 28, 2021 6:31 PM

R192 Why was a dead guy a white trash? Cause he wanted to see his child? Cause he's from Texas. You are such a stupid muppet. Repeating that tired old phrase.

by Anonymousreply 210November 28, 2021 7:13 PM

So we still don’t know what the custody order stated in the way of time and location?

That’s truly the answer to whether ex wife and hubby of Judge Anne-Marie were scummy motherfuckers who set up Dad, or if Dad just came barging in.

by Anonymousreply 211November 29, 2021 12:54 AM

Instead of someone screaming, "Jimmmayyyy!!!" we have chickens clucking away.

by Anonymousreply 212November 29, 2021 3:47 AM

I do find how unfazed people are by it—and how they legitimize it like a lawyer—without any greater sense or ethics or morality. If you are only controlled by what’s technically legal or illegal, you have issues.

by Anonymousreply 213November 29, 2021 3:57 AM

Well sniff r213 and his superior sense of morality.

𝑻𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒚 𝒊𝒔 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒌 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒍𝒂𝒘𝒔, 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒄𝒐𝒂𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒐𝒂𝒔𝒕, 𝑴𝒂𝒏'𝒔 𝒍𝒂𝒘𝒔, 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝑮𝒐𝒅'𝒔! 𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒊𝒇 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒅𝒐𝒘𝒏, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒎𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒐 𝒊𝒕, 𝒅𝒐 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒌 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒖𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒊𝒏𝒅𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒘𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒘 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏? 𝒀𝒆𝒔, 𝑰'𝒅 𝒈𝒊𝒗𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝑫𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍 𝒃𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒇𝒊𝒕 𝒐𝒇 𝒍𝒂𝒘, 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒎𝒚 𝒐𝒘𝒏 𝒔𝒂𝒇𝒆𝒕𝒚'𝒔 𝒔𝒂𝒌𝒆!

by Anonymousreply 214November 29, 2021 4:02 AM

It’s like religious people who are only motivated to do the right thing out of a fear of damnation. If your morality is derived solely from a fear of punishment, in reality you probably aren’t really a very moral person.

by Anonymousreply 215November 29, 2021 4:07 AM

Once you adopt r215's point of view, you can justify violating any law, just so long as you feel you are morally right in doing so.

by Anonymousreply 216November 29, 2021 4:17 AM

Just as the bible is used to justify virtually anything.

by Anonymousreply 217November 29, 2021 4:21 AM

Shouldn’t a cooler head have prevailed - like maybe a judge? Or was she too busy playing keep away/hide & seek with the kid?

by Anonymousreply 218November 29, 2021 9:04 AM

R213 ETHICS or MORALITY? That's hilarious. The law outweighs BOTH. To not recognize that is being willfully detached from reality, dude.

Tho I have to admit, I admire your principles.

by Anonymousreply 219November 29, 2021 9:12 AM

As someone who has been in a living situation where they have been the target of an extreme amount of passive aggressive behavior with the intention of provoking anger or violence, I can testify to how it builds up the feelings of frustration and anger, because you feel trapped. Obviously moving or getting away is an the easiest solution, but easier said than done during COVID.

It’s classic gaslighting, because people don’t believe you (because it sounds so bizarre—why would someone do that?), and you can’t react verbally or physically to the behavior, because then you appear to be the only problem). Also, if you ask the perpetrator to please stop doing X behavior, it’s just an invitation to escalate and do it even more to harass you. You’ve basically given them the info to further push your buttons.

The only solution I found was to get a security cam and focus it on yourself while in common areas. Whenever said behavior starts, start filming yourself. Just the knowledge that they might be recorded is a deterrent—and provides proof that you aren’t exaggerating what is going on.

You can get an Amazon Blink Mini for 20 bucks right now. I never thought I’d have to resort to such extremes, but you really start to understand what stalking victims go through. I empathize with anyone dealing with this (women especially, since I notice men—and some lesbians—feel especially entitled to “not be ignored”.

These idiots know how to stay just under the radar. Unfortunately a lot of people only change when they are forced to—or if they might get in trouble. It’s why we have courts and jails. Too many people will do whatever they can get away with.

I’d much rather get a security camera than an a gun.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 220November 29, 2021 12:44 PM

R209 I am assuming it was shock? I wonder is something about recording makes the situation seem not as real. It was the same situation in PA. The woman was so busy recording that she didn’t seem to register that her husband was killed and that she was dying. Or maybe people are so focused on getting evidence that they just lose sight of everything else.

by Anonymousreply 221November 29, 2021 12:58 PM

I just know the ex wife is delighted and relieved to be done with that man now. He seemed like a pushy control freak when he was saying “I’ll subpoena everyone……blah blah blah.” He’s an inconsequential idiot. No loss here.

by Anonymousreply 222November 29, 2021 1:12 PM

This should have resulted in a good ‘ol fist fight, with everyone screaming and someone calling the cops to break it up. And all these trashy, awful people ending up in court. No doubt again.

With guns entering the picture and current gun laws in that state, and generally awful people everywhere, things have taken a terrible turn. I can’t imagine stand your ground-type gun laws will last forever as long as videos like this are circulating.

by Anonymousreply 223November 29, 2021 1:47 PM

As bizarre as this tale is, this thread doesn't come close to the wonderous "snow removal murder/suicide" and "murder twinks" threads. This story had potential but was missing that je ne sais quoi of the murder twinks and poor Jeffrey Spaide and the trashy Goys.

by Anonymousreply 224November 30, 2021 4:49 AM

This was all God's Will.

by Anonymousreply 225November 30, 2021 7:11 AM

omg this is fucking insane!

by Anonymousreply 226December 1, 2021 5:43 AM

I feel sad that people are so callous and jaded about watching someone be murdered. Regardless of whether it was legal or justified, a man is dead and some kids lost their dad. I’ll MARY myself and say good night.

by Anonymousreply 227December 1, 2021 5:51 AM

R227 - You’re a tad dramatic. Scenarios happen like this all the time in Texas. I have many friends with signs in their yard that say “We don’t call the police at this house” with a picture of a firearm. Sometimes good ‘ol southern justice is handled quickly and efficiently. That victim knew what he was doing, and knew the possible consequences when you are on another man’s property. He tested the boundaries and unfortunately lost.

by Anonymousreply 228December 1, 2021 11:14 AM

No, R228. Just no. No matter how hard you try, it is not the dead man's fault that his murderer shot him.

Go get help R228. Your view of the world is badly, badly, fucked.

by Anonymousreply 229December 1, 2021 12:11 PM

God-fearing Christians really love to shoot at people, support the death penalty and support of wars in the Middle East that kill millions.

by Anonymousreply 230December 1, 2021 12:37 PM

[quote] I just know the ex wife is delighted

Will she even keep custody of her kid now? That sure as hell doesn't look like a safe, stable environment for a kid.

by Anonymousreply 231December 1, 2021 12:51 PM

[quote]I have many friends with signs in their yard that say “We don’t call the police at this house” with a picture of a firearm. Sometimes good ‘ol southern justice is handled quickly and efficiently.

What a fucked up, random, lawless way to live.

by Anonymousreply 232December 1, 2021 12:56 PM

The short guy is kinda cute. I'd do him.

by Anonymousreply 233December 1, 2021 1:05 PM

His substitute penis gets a little out of hand

by Anonymousreply 234December 1, 2021 1:11 PM

I guess it's not the victims fault but if someone pulled a gun in me I think I'd assume they intend to use it and act accordingly. This would mean getting the fuck out if there rather than trying to wrestle them for it.

by Anonymousreply 235December 1, 2021 1:36 PM

Neither of these guys was a paragon of virtue. A decent man would not be interested in that trashy mother.

by Anonymousreply 236December 1, 2021 1:38 PM

R1, Based on the video with no description or backstory, it is fairly easy to figure out what's going on here. Don't you have any critical thinking skills?

by Anonymousreply 237December 1, 2021 1:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!