Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Woody Allen's "A Crisis in Six Scenes" on Amazon....

I'm watching it now. It's hilarious. Why did it get such bad reviews? Just because Woody Allen is a sex pest are we not allowed to find him funny?

Elaine May is so funny in it. It's not a great work of art, but it's making me laugh out loud.

by Anonymousreply 10November 26, 2021 1:28 PM

[quote] Just because Woody Allen is a sex pest are we not allowed to find him funny?

yep

by Anonymousreply 1November 25, 2021 11:47 PM

"Sex pest" always makes me laugh. How serious does a sexual offense need to be before it is actually labeled a crime?

by Anonymousreply 2November 25, 2021 11:58 PM

[quote] How serious does a sexual offense need to be before it is actually labeled a crime?

Well, in Woody's case, it doesn't even actually had to have happened.

by Anonymousreply 3November 26, 2021 12:01 AM

To me, a sex pest is anyone who preys. If you don't buy Mama Mia's crusade, Allen is not a sex pest.

by Anonymousreply 4November 26, 2021 12:21 AM

I found CRISIS IN SIX SCENES much more amusing than most of Allen's efforts of the past 20 years. Weird to package it as a series, however -- it's clearly a straight-up Woody Allen film sliced into 2 portions.

by Anonymousreply 5November 26, 2021 12:34 AM

Um, 6 portions.

by Anonymousreply 6November 26, 2021 12:36 AM

I don't really remember much, but I did enjoy Elaine May and Woody Allen together.

Wasn't she also in Small Time Crooks? Or am I thinking of someone else?

by Anonymousreply 7November 26, 2021 12:38 AM

Elaine May was in "Enter Laughing," based ON the life of (and directed by) Carl Reiner. A little uneven, but worth watching.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 26, 2021 3:12 AM

I just rewatched Deconstructing Harry and Bullets Over Broadway (bought dvds because not streaming). Two of the funniest movies ever. He’s produced some true crap in the past couple of decades ( I’m looking at you “Hollywood Ending”) but when he’s good, he’s truly great.

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2021 1:13 PM

There are so many little gems in Crisis—the constant put downs of Woody’s character; elaine May brushing her hair before checking to see if someone has broken into the house; the cops accepting Elain May’s offer to come in for coffee.

It’s a lot of fun. Too bad it wasn’t given a chance because of Woody hatred.

Oh, I’m OP and I’m a woman. I can’t admit enjoying Woody, Roman Polanski and other talented creeps around my friends. Thanks for this space space to celebrate the artistic efforts of clever deviants, DL!

by Anonymousreply 10November 26, 2021 1:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!