Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hideous Christmas tree ornaments

Does anyone else fucking hate Christmas ornaments that are of TV characters? Or food items? How tacky and trashy.

by Anonymousreply 13November 26, 2021 4:30 PM

Growing up I was fortunate to have a father who loved Christmas (the only time the bastard was happy). We had some quite nice ornaments. We also had a bizarre one of "Fozzie Bear" from the Muppets. Someone gave it to us. Whenever I put it up I felt like the rest of the ornaments were shrinking back in mild protest. It was cute in a strange way, but the truth was it was horribly tacky. I don't like ones of donuts (which I've seen). I'm not sure why Christmas shrieks DONUT, exactly.

by Anonymousreply 1November 25, 2021 9:12 PM

Or fish themed ones .people GIVE UP THE BEACH THEMES AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR !

by Anonymousreply 2November 25, 2021 9:12 PM

I find the overuse of ribbons and overstuffing of the tree a crime against good taste

by Anonymousreply 3November 25, 2021 9:21 PM

Alaska Airlines ought to makes Christmas tree ornaments with their filthy bible quotes and hand them out to First Class passengers from Thanksgiving Day to new year's day. Sort of along the same lines that KLM hands out Delft houses to its biz class passengers year round.

by Anonymousreply 4November 25, 2021 10:07 PM

My grandparents had this one really old Christmas bulb, basically a decorative carved out silver sphere. But inside of it was a speaker that would continuously make loud bird chirping noises. Because it was connected to all the other chains of lights on the tree, it would come on every time they turned the tree on. There was no "off" button on it. It was absolutely maddening.

R2, I hear you on the nautical themed Christmas trees. I worked at a Pat Catan's (Now owned by Michaels) back in the 90's and one of the employees there decorated one of the display trees like this. Starfish, sea shells, mini boats, fish, boat rope, anchors, etc... We're in freaking Ohio, there's no beaches or oceans shores anywhere around here.

by Anonymousreply 5November 25, 2021 10:26 PM

Op is expressing his bitterness towards life again.

by Anonymousreply 6November 25, 2021 10:30 PM

My grandparents has a small set of fruit ornaments, that included a bunch of grapes and a slice of watermelon (don't really remember the others). I loved them.

by Anonymousreply 7November 25, 2021 10:36 PM

^^^"had", not "has"

by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2021 10:52 PM

I always imagine those who use the terms “tacky” and “trashy” as themselves being tacky and trashy.

by Anonymousreply 9November 25, 2021 10:57 PM

Who remembers these?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 25, 2021 11:03 PM

I enjoy a complete mix from extreme tackiness, to home made bizzarities, to the ne plus ultra of luxury and refinement.

by Anonymousreply 11November 25, 2021 11:06 PM

Glad you had help writing your "description of me" portion for your latest dating service, R9.

by Anonymousreply 12November 25, 2021 11:09 PM

tacky is as tacky does, to each it;s own but a overfilled xmast tree is an abomination

by Anonymousreply 13November 26, 2021 4:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!