Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gavin Newsom 2024

If Biden doesn't run in 2024, I predict Newsom will win the nomination and the presidency.

You heard it here first. I actually don't like much of his politics but he has what it takes to be president.

by Anonymousreply 284December 29, 2021 9:59 AM

Imagine...a president I'd like looking at on TV.

by Anonymousreply 1November 25, 2021 6:29 PM

Umm, no - I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 2November 25, 2021 6:32 PM

r2

I agree with the OP. You may not like him but he has the looks, the money, the backing and all the women just LOOOOOVVVES him.

by Anonymousreply 3November 25, 2021 6:46 PM

I don't disagree that he has a lot of pluses, but the California thing would probably kill his chances.

by Anonymousreply 4November 25, 2021 6:51 PM

He would lose

by Anonymousreply 5November 25, 2021 6:57 PM

I would love to see it just so his ex-wife Kimberly Guilfoyle’s head and vagina explode.

by Anonymousreply 6November 25, 2021 7:02 PM

Corporate Democrats would love him but my guess is there are a lot of skeletons in that closet involving cocaine and alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 7November 25, 2021 7:06 PM

He's a surprisingly poor politician. Who wouldn't have seen the maskless French Laundry lunch in the middle of his own stay-home-&-wear-masks edict as bad PR? And then he ditched the Glasgow climate summit at the last minute and was incommunicado for a week -- at which time, his explanation that he had to spend Halloween with his kids just sounded pussy-whipped. Stuff like that is superficial and shouldn't matter, but effective politicians realize that it does and they don't get in their own way like he keeps doing. After all the time he's spent in public office, there's no excuse for his being so clumsy about this kind of stupid crap -- it can't be naivete at this point so it must be arrogance.

by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2021 7:35 PM

r8 I agree he is a poor politician but the women and gays think he is "Hubba hubba hubba." That's all it took to get Obama election, who was even a worse politican.

He'll will be president someday if not 2024, then 2028.

by Anonymousreply 9November 30, 2021 11:57 AM

His hair's too groovy.

by Anonymousreply 10November 30, 2021 11:59 AM

Gary Hart.

Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 11November 30, 2021 12:00 PM

You can tell he's a political threat to the GOP by the way they did that nasty recall.

They're worried. They don't want another Bill Clinton (without the baggage) seducing all of the soccer moms, or whatever you'd call suburban moms today.

by Anonymousreply 12November 30, 2021 12:08 PM

R9, Newsom is not in Obama's league. He doesn't have Obama's intelligence or his tremendous organizational ability and ground operation. And Obama did not win just because of women & gays -- he won because of record support from racial minorities and young people.

by Anonymousreply 13November 30, 2021 12:10 PM

He'd be decent but the mere fact of him being from "California" will ignite the right against him - and they're very good at getting their people activated.

And the vague "California" is all that's needed to get them very riled up. Sadly, he'd be easy pickins for the rightwing machine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 30, 2021 12:13 PM

[quote] he has what it takes to be president.

Do you mean Satan? That wasn't enough for me...

by Anonymousreply 15November 30, 2021 12:16 PM

He was an up and coming politician several years ago. While scandals apparently are no longer a bar to running, let alone winning, a politican race, the dems are a lot less forgiving, in general.

The dems have their own version of the same types of political purity tests that the rethugs use (guns, abortion, immigration, health reform death panels).

Newsome won't pass muster in the more belligerently "liberal" areas of the country.

by Anonymousreply 16November 30, 2021 12:21 PM

Gavin has such a massive cock that turned Kim Gargoyle from a wholesome, upper-middle-class bitch into a whorish, sex-crazed, hysterical cunt. I have to respect that dong!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 30, 2021 12:27 PM

Gavin has such a massive cock that turned Kim Gargoyle from a wholesome, upper-middle-class bitch into a whorish, sex-crazed, hysterical cunt. I have to respect that thing!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 30, 2021 12:28 PM

I don’t see another white male heading up the Democratic ticket in the immediate, post-Biden, future.

by Anonymousreply 19November 30, 2021 12:36 PM

[quote]I don’t see another white male heading up the Democratic ticket in the immediate, post-Biden, future.

So, do you see another Dem president post-Biden?

It should not be lost on anyone that the last two presidents have been old white men. This country is not nearly as progressive as many people have deluded themselves into thinking.

For now, I'd rather have and old white guy who is a dem as president than anything the rethugs could put out there.

by Anonymousreply 20November 30, 2021 3:27 PM

Democrats aren’t stupid, a white man will lead many tickets in the near future because they are a winning formula. If black voters can get over that fact and white voters certainly have no issue pushing their own, then who is going to stop a white man from the top job?

Beto remains a darling in Dem politics despite being white. He can claim Hispanic or whatever if he wants but he’s white by all intensive purposes.

Democrats want to win, we play games during the primary, but we try to elect the most electable person. Most of the time it’s a white person. I don’t see that changing anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 21November 30, 2021 4:51 PM

GRUESOME

by Anonymousreply 22November 30, 2021 6:12 PM

He is of very dubious character. He started out as a Getty boy, bought and sold by Gordon.

Women don't love him. He cheated on his first wife. He fucked his campaign manager's wife. He fucked an 18 year old before he gave up the heavy drinking.

Gordon's boy, that is for sure. This slimy creep will never be elected president.

by Anonymousreply 23November 30, 2021 10:48 PM

[quote] but he’s white by all intensive purposes.

Which purposes are intensive?

by Anonymousreply 24November 30, 2021 10:57 PM

[quote] Beto remains a darling in Dem politics despite being white. He can claim Hispanic or whatever if he wants but he’s white by all intensive purposes.

What do you mean? Robert O'Rourke is a white, American of Irish descent. There is noting hispanic about him other than he speaks Spanish.

by Anonymousreply 25November 30, 2021 11:09 PM

I don't see him having much appeal at all in the heartland. He seems an epitome of coastal elite/limousine liberal. And that may be unfair and shallow, but it is what it is. And although he wound up beating the recall campaign easily, the fact that it was ever a question in California of all places is telling to me.

by Anonymousreply 26November 30, 2021 11:24 PM

[quote] Democrats aren’t stupid, a white man will lead many tickets in the near future because they are a winning formula. If black voters can get over that fact and white voters certainly have no issue pushing their own, then who is going to stop a white man from the top job?

Black women are & will remain a key base in any nomination campaign. Black women could support Hillary because they had fond memories of Bill, the "first Black president." Biden won their support due to his loyal vice presidency to the actual first Black president. Can you name any white male politicians on the scene who could capture their support?

by Anonymousreply 27November 30, 2021 11:40 PM

Gavin may run but I think a moderate Dem would have a better chance.

by Anonymousreply 28November 30, 2021 11:42 PM

Ossoff, he is joined at the hip with Warnock and Abrims will use him in GA as well. Many politicians outside of Pete, have enough sense to do something worthwhile at the local level before higher office. A campaign just highlights that work with [insert minority group] and use that to push their character. Done, easy.

by Anonymousreply 29December 2, 2021 10:49 PM

OP call it California dreaming! Highest taxes. gas prices, pollution, traffic in the 48 contiguous states. Homelessness is rampant as is looting.

by Anonymousreply 30December 2, 2021 10:59 PM

^ Posting from moms basement in Mound La.

by Anonymousreply 31December 2, 2021 11:01 PM

That's crazy talk.

by Anonymousreply 32December 2, 2021 11:12 PM

[quote] I would love to see it just so his ex-wife Kimberly Guilfoyle’s head and vagina explode.

Vagina? I don't think she has one of those.

by Anonymousreply 33December 2, 2021 11:13 PM

[quote] [R8] I agree he is a poor politician but the women and gays think he is "Hubba hubba hubba." That's all it took to get Obama election, who was even a worse politican.

Obama was unimpeachable. Excellent credentials. He WAS a worse politician but only because he mistakenly believed that the great majority of white Americans were decent enough to look beyond his race.

Newsom is all ego, privilege, cunning and fake teeth. He's perfect for President.

by Anonymousreply 34December 2, 2021 11:18 PM

what is a "getty boy?"

i stoopid.

by Anonymousreply 35December 2, 2021 11:22 PM

Kimberly Guilfoyle has a vagina full of teeth and razor blades

by Anonymousreply 36December 2, 2021 11:48 PM

Will there be a swimsuit competition? Thong?

by Anonymousreply 37December 2, 2021 11:50 PM

R31 yup, even here in Mound La we know about the wildfires, earthquakes, floods, droughts, power outages, mudslides, Santa Ana winds, oil spills in CA and even Newsom's greasy hair!

by Anonymousreply 38December 3, 2021 12:13 AM

She has a vagina, but it was nailed shut years ago.

by Anonymousreply 39December 3, 2021 5:07 PM

French Laundry incident? Honey, the RepubliQans are gonna have to explain away a little nagging failed insurrection for EVERY general or midterm election from 2022 forward.

by Anonymousreply 40December 3, 2021 5:10 PM

R40 it was hypocrisy from the Governor of the state that had some of the strictest measures in place regarding COVID in 2020. Do as I say not as I do.

by Anonymousreply 41December 3, 2021 6:56 PM

[quote]Ossoff, he is joined at the hip with Warnock

Warnock doesn't have a chance in hell of getting reelected next year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42December 3, 2021 7:14 PM

Would he win? There are so many Repigs who hate him and can you trust Bernie cunts and the far left cunts to vote for him? I'm in Ca and voted for him.

by Anonymousreply 43December 3, 2021 7:18 PM

Yeah, your Orange God ALWAYS does as he says. NEVER as he does.

by Anonymousreply 44December 3, 2021 10:49 PM

[quote]Honey, the RepubliQans are gonna have to explain away a little nagging failed insurrection for EVERY general or midterm election from 2022 forward.

Preaching to the choir is great and all but don't forget that non-choir members see the situation as a minor trespassing situation with selfies.

R26 is correct as it is less surprising that Newsom defeated the recall and more shocking that it was even a thing that materialized in the state of CA.

by Anonymousreply 45December 3, 2021 11:08 PM

If DeSantis is the Repug nominee, out goes the "California" line of attack on Newsom. "He wants to do to America what he did to Florida."

by Anonymousreply 46December 4, 2021 12:47 AM

[quote] Honey, the RepubliQans are gonna have to explain away a little nagging failed insurrection for EVERY general or midterm election from 2022 forward.

That ginned-up bullshit only matters to people who were never going to vote Republican anyway. You're kidding yourself if you think the Left has a stranglehold on the general population. Try as they might.

by Anonymousreply 47December 4, 2021 1:21 PM

r43 Do you think there aren't people who hate Trump? Out of redneck land and Fox "News" he is *more* than just hated. The 81 million people who voted against him haven't changed their minds.

by Anonymousreply 48December 5, 2021 1:33 AM

[quote][R43] Do you think there aren't people who hate Trump? Out of redneck land and Fox "News" he is *more* than just hated. The 81 million people who voted against him haven't changed their minds.

Oh my sweeeeeet summer child! Thank you for the laugh, sweetie.

by Anonymousreply 49December 5, 2021 5:35 AM

Too progressive for America right now.

by Anonymousreply 50December 5, 2021 6:18 AM

R44 and your point is? or is it that you are so obsessed with Trump you can't stop talking about him even though he's not the topic? and remember 2 wrongs don't make a right. And is it possible to find both of them hypocritical. We may have a 2-party system but, that doesn't make everything either or.

by Anonymousreply 51December 5, 2021 10:12 AM

I just like goading you MAGA trash into revealing yourselves and your pro-Trump agenda. Uneducated, uncivilized, uncouth white MAGÀ trash. No one of value wants to be associated with your type. And yes, 81 million Americans did vote against Trump, yes he lost bigly, and he will again if he isn't in prison in 2024. Have a nice day!

by Anonymousreply 52December 5, 2021 7:33 PM

[quote] Uneducated, uncivilized, uncouth white MAGÀ trash.

R52 - Tell us, how was attending Eton and Cambridge? Did you enjoy high tea with Queen Elizabeth?

by Anonymousreply 53December 5, 2021 7:46 PM

R52 'bigly' Oh, dear! Talk about uneducated! Basement dwelling INCEL

by Anonymousreply 54December 6, 2021 5:32 AM

He will show off his biceps and the gays / women will swoon.

by Anonymousreply 55December 7, 2021 9:49 PM

I think it's gonna be the governor of Illinois or Michigan as strong contenders for the Democratic nomination.

by Anonymousreply 56December 7, 2021 10:07 PM

Gavin Newsom cannot run unless he gets a makeover. The hair is just a too overgrown greasy mess. Cut it, style it!

by Anonymousreply 57December 7, 2021 10:37 PM

Lmao

by Anonymousreply 58December 7, 2021 10:51 PM

Kamala is out huh? So much Misogyny

by Anonymousreply 59December 7, 2021 10:52 PM

I met Gavin Newsom about 15 years ago at an event in San Francisco and he was studly looking......yeowww!

by Anonymousreply 60December 7, 2021 11:00 PM

R60 - Was it at the Folsom Street Fair? I understand Gavin will do *anything* for your vote.

by Anonymousreply 61December 7, 2021 11:18 PM

R56 IL Gov Pritzker is pretty well liked but he's obese and looks like Bob's Big Boy.

by Anonymousreply 62December 7, 2021 11:44 PM

Newsom isn't on CNN's list of possible replacements.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63December 14, 2021 12:28 AM

Stacey Abrams is my pick from among CNN’s choices. But she first has to win next year.

by Anonymousreply 64December 14, 2021 1:05 AM

Governor Roy Cooper of NC for President. A moderate Democrat in a Republican with a Republican controlled legislature. Smart and decent.

by Anonymousreply 65December 14, 2021 1:09 AM

However good a general election candidate Cooper might be, R65, how would he get the nomination?

by Anonymousreply 66December 14, 2021 1:12 AM

he just became head of dem. governors' something.

he's gonna try.

but when you are from nash county, no matter how smart you are. you sound like you are from nash county.

by Anonymousreply 67December 14, 2021 3:56 AM

He looks too much like a Batman villain.

by Anonymousreply 68December 14, 2021 4:09 AM

This fool of a man is completely captured by the Church of Trans.

He has no respect for women.

by Anonymousreply 69December 14, 2021 4:47 AM

The amount of RWNJ here is nauseating 🤮. WTF DL?!?

by Anonymousreply 70December 14, 2021 4:53 AM

What is RWNJ? Is that some housewives show?

by Anonymousreply 71December 14, 2021 4:56 AM

Give the rich straight white Christian men a chance, for once!

Far too many poor black lesbian Buddhists have been President. It's time for them to step aside and let a rich straight white Christian man try!

by Anonymousreply 72December 14, 2021 4:57 AM

I think RWNJ is right-wing nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 73December 14, 2021 4:58 AM

Vince McMahon is being groomed for the presidency.

by Anonymousreply 74December 14, 2021 5:00 AM

that's where the bernie sjws went wrong. the system will not change overnight nor possibly a decade or more. yes, a white man still for now.

ya'll bernsters gave us tRump and covid too, fuckers.

see what a couple years of maturity and hindsight gives you?

nope, you would never admit it.

by Anonymousreply 75December 14, 2021 5:02 AM

Tooban, Cuomo, Lemon, Griffith and perennial cellar-dwelling ratings... please! CNN has more than enough problems without Newsom coming on.

by Anonymousreply 76December 14, 2021 11:36 AM

He is so cute. They need a cute election between him and Ron Santos

by Anonymousreply 77December 14, 2021 8:41 PM

Does matter. Republicans will win the White House in 2024.

by Anonymousreply 78December 14, 2021 9:04 PM

[quote]Newsom is all ego, privilege, cunning and fake teeth. He's perfect for President.

He's also an incredibly sweet guy if you get the chance to talk to him.

He wasn't trying to win my vote either. He was just nice.

by Anonymousreply 79December 14, 2021 9:08 PM

R79 - He just wanted you to swallow.

by Anonymousreply 80December 14, 2021 10:37 PM

[quote] They need a cute election between him and Ron Santos

Who the hell is Ron Santos?

by Anonymousreply 81December 14, 2021 10:37 PM

He is a horrible governor. CA is in bad shape with the homeless problems and he lets men into women's prisons. He just vetoed a bill that would let school teachers get paid maternity leave. He is sleazy.

by Anonymousreply 82December 14, 2021 11:00 PM

There is no current governor named Ron Santos. Do you mean Ron DeSantis of Florida?

by Anonymousreply 83December 15, 2021 1:13 AM

Trumptard troll alert @ R82. We just had a recall election that gave him better numbers than the last “real” election. You lost. Twice. Move.To.Texas. We hate you.

by Anonymousreply 84December 15, 2021 5:34 PM

R79 Nice sweet guys are not malevolent drunks who fuck over those who they are closest too, as Greasy Hair did to his campaign manager. Nice guys don't fuck vulnerable teens as well. He has been repackaged hasn't he - but those of us who lived in SF years ago remember his shenanigans. Without his puppet master Gordon, he would have sunk like a ship with all the mischief he has done in the past.

by Anonymousreply 85December 15, 2021 6:22 PM

Trumptard troll^ Yes, we do remember. He’s the reason we have SSM. DIAGF cunt.

by Anonymousreply 86December 15, 2021 7:13 PM

We've got better talent than that in the party.

by Anonymousreply 87December 15, 2021 7:24 PM

^ Name three.

by Anonymousreply 88December 15, 2021 7:34 PM

Bwahahaha! No.

A Republican from California, mission accomplished. A Democrat from California? No way.

Think: immigration; taxes; "Left Coast"; "Hollywood Liberals".

by Anonymousreply 89December 15, 2021 7:34 PM

1. Joe Biden.

2. Elizabeth Warren.

3. Pete Buttigieg.

4. V-P Kamala Harris.

Adam Schiff would be great as POTUS, but as a candidate he's too Tim Kaine-ish.

by Anonymousreply 90December 15, 2021 7:39 PM

Newsom would be a viable candidate against all four. The GQP is more afraid of him than any of those four. Mayor Pete will never be POTUS. Gay POTUS?!? Not in our lifetime. Uncle Joe is too old. Elizabeth Warren has way too many negatives (more than HRC). Do you honest think Kamala has improved her profile since her own failed campaign (I’m actually a fan, and voted for her in the CA primary)? I think it is an open question, but I would not count Newsom out.

by Anonymousreply 91December 15, 2021 7:57 PM

*honestly* ^ 🙄

by Anonymousreply 92December 15, 2021 8:00 PM

He doesn't have a chance in hell of being POTUS. Not even the liberal bastion of California loves him. How do you think he will do in the Midwest and Northeast? Not well, I predict. He was lucky to beat his recall. He needs to stay in California.

by Anonymousreply 93December 15, 2021 8:01 PM

Love him. Great leader doing the correct things to ensure a better future.

by Anonymousreply 94December 15, 2021 8:04 PM

We will see, R93. His numbers were better in the recall than in the previous general. The worst the fascists can say about him is “he’s from California.” What evidence do you offer that he would fail outside of California? The GQP is most afraid of him after they took out their other big fear: Cuomo. He is charismatic and telegenic. DeathSentence looks like a butterball turkey next to him. Trumputin? Lol Pence would immediately drop to his knees. Only vulnerability seems to be Kimberly Gargoyle. Money says she will remain silent. Too many bodies in her own backyard.

by Anonymousreply 95December 15, 2021 8:08 PM

The only reason he got greater numbers in the recall is that the Republicans were for the recall. It was a tribal thing. And also no one ran who was known or viable. CA is becoming a shithole. Crime is way up.

by Anonymousreply 96December 15, 2021 8:14 PM

R95 Don't get me wrong, I am a Newsom fan. He is mighty fine to look at and he is a DEM, but CA has a lot of problems. Plus he and Liz Warren have the reputation of being Ivory Tower Latte Liberals. The country isn't open to someone like him right now.

Cuomo was on the fast track to the nomination til he (and now his brother) fucked everything up.

Unless someone better emerges, Kamala Harris remains the best option. She is not my choice, but there really is no one else. The GOP would easily trounce everyone else.

I 100% believe Newsom will run, but thankfully I don't see him getting the nom because there is no way he can win a general election.

by Anonymousreply 97December 15, 2021 8:20 PM

Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 98December 15, 2021 8:21 PM

Lol@ R96. Do you live here? They were rabidly for the recall. GQP not for the recall? Really? Lol. No, there just aren’t any of them left! Their fortunes haven’t reversed since Pete Wilson, and now they’re all moving to Texas because it is “too dark” here. California has the world’s fifth largest economy and has only grown since we tossed the Republicants out of statewide offices. Shithole? Look to the third world swamp of States in the Confederacy for real shitholes. You’re making shit up.

by Anonymousreply 99December 15, 2021 8:23 PM

R96 There are a lot of Democrats in CA not happy right now because as you said, it is becoming a shithole. Also as you said, crime is way up, the economy is fucked up too and parts of it look like a war zone. No way Newsom would be elected POTUS in the current climate.

by Anonymousreply 100December 15, 2021 8:23 PM

The arrival of colonizing sock puppets…right on time.

by Anonymousreply 101December 15, 2021 8:25 PM

Please explain why Newsom’s numbers went up in the recall then, R100? Why no primary opponents against him? What was the last election he lost?

by Anonymousreply 102December 15, 2021 8:27 PM

Raskin or Ted Liu.

by Anonymousreply 103December 15, 2021 8:30 PM

I have lived in CA all of my life. I voted for him the first time around. I have since changed my mind about him and I am a second-wave feminist. Didn't vote in the recall because he seems to be OK with women in prison getting raped.

by Anonymousreply 104December 15, 2021 8:31 PM

I like both R103, you honestly think they are the same level as anyone listed by R90, or Gavin Newsom? No way.

by Anonymousreply 105December 15, 2021 8:33 PM

If you’re the drag=misogyny troll, R104, you’re no Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 106December 15, 2021 8:34 PM

He's nothing but a pretty face with a great head of hair. Spare us please.

by Anonymousreply 107December 15, 2021 8:39 PM

RWNJ^ Oh no, hunty. YOU can spare us your GQP/GRU disinformation.

by Anonymousreply 108December 15, 2021 8:46 PM

[quote] Adam Schiff would be great as POTUS

Well he certainly has the megalomania and mendacity part down pat.

by Anonymousreply 109December 15, 2021 10:28 PM

GQP lurker^^^ and queen of projection. Believes DJT never got a fair shake and can’t understand why the “socialists” keep talking about Russians. Lol Has never read the US Constitution and thinks the response to 1/6 is overblown. Thinks coup d’etat is a dip at The Cheesecake Factory. WTF are you doing here? No one believes you.

by Anonymousreply 110December 15, 2021 10:51 PM

Fucktard R86 I am a dem and yes I can criticize Dems as well as Repubs. See how that works?

You are such an asshole. Luckily I don't have to read your stupid, witless posts any further.

by Anonymousreply 111December 15, 2021 11:01 PM

R111, You are a dim, to be sure. Don’t go away mad, Trumptard, just go away. See how that works?

by Anonymousreply 112December 15, 2021 11:15 PM

It would be so interesting if Dem politicians/public figures attacked the Republican parts of America with as much gusto as Repubs of all stripes attack the Democratic parts.

Red America is a poor, aging, meth-ed out, Covid-sick hellhole that anyone with brains or ambition gets the fuck out of.

Imagine AOC saying that. She never ever would.

But elected Rs attack her district with glee.

by Anonymousreply 113December 15, 2021 11:25 PM

R90 LMAO!

by Anonymousreply 114December 15, 2021 11:40 PM

I keep thinking about Adam Schiff. I really like him. He seems smart and sensible and I would love to see him run. But Americans want assholes like trump.

by Anonymousreply 115December 15, 2021 11:44 PM

Schiff is unpleasant looking. You need to be a little good-looking. Even Trump (tho i find him physically repulsive) appeals to girls and boys who like to be humiliated by the high school jock.

by Anonymousreply 116December 16, 2021 12:04 AM

R114, Brilliant riposte.

by Anonymousreply 117December 16, 2021 2:40 AM

R115 Have we learned nothing from 2016? Americans vote for POTUS like it is American Idol. If they are not physically attractive (or have an attractive family) they won't win.

by Anonymousreply 118December 16, 2021 3:18 AM

Lol@R117

by Anonymousreply 119December 16, 2021 6:15 AM

[quote] I keep thinking about Adam Schiff. I really like him. He seems smart and sensible and I would love to see him run. But Americans want assholes like trump.

What planet are you on? Even Nancy Pelosi is more popular than he is.

by Anonymousreply 120December 16, 2021 11:31 AM

[quote] Have we learned nothing from 2016? Americans vote for POTUS like it is American Idol. If they are not physically attractive (or have an attractive family) they won't win.

Yes, we were counting on that.

by Anonymousreply 121December 16, 2021 11:33 AM

I don't care who the FUCK it is as long as it's not a Republican. They're amoral, lying pieces of shit. PERIOD

by Anonymousreply 122December 16, 2021 11:38 AM

Let it be known that R122 has voiced his opinion. I'll alert the media.

by Anonymousreply 123December 16, 2021 11:40 AM

R123 Yeah, voicing opinions is kinda the point of the thread.

by Anonymousreply 124December 16, 2021 11:45 AM

Voicing poorly informed, polemical, divisive statements that do not further a rational conversation is the point for R122

by Anonymousreply 125December 16, 2021 11:55 AM

R125 Un-uh. Just because you got a thesaurus for Christmas doesn't impress anyone, FYI

Poorly informed? Nah, my eyes work and so does my hearing. I don't need OR want to have a rational conversation with anyone defending the Republican party ESPECIALLY after the last 4 years and what they're continuing to do by order of their leader. He's not even in office and he's STILL pulling strings. His minions happily comply because they believe they'll get rewarded (It worked for Nunes--Gym is still holding out --not so much for Gatez).

I mean...what's there to discuss? ALL of the backtracking, the lying, the covering up, the suppression--it's ALL public record.

Also? You having the gall to accuse anyone of being divisive is HYSTERICAL.

by Anonymousreply 126December 16, 2021 12:29 PM

I would like to thank the two bickering idiots for killing this thread. Good job... you're both ill-informed. Next time just put each other on ignore instead of ruining it for everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 127December 16, 2021 1:08 PM

Democrats will win in 2024. There just isn't enough red left.

Trump's win was a fluke and came down to Hillary calling working white men racists, when they aren't so. That deplorable speech killed her in Michigan and Pennsylvania. Ever since 2000, the country has been about evenly divided.

The same thing happened to Trump, he didn't solidify his base in WI, MI and PA AND took AZ and GA for granted.

by Anonymousreply 128December 16, 2021 4:30 PM

R128 obviously doesn't realize that the GOP is changing all the STATE voting laws and that if they can't steal the election then they are willing to stage another insurrection.

Democrats apparently don't see that they're in danger. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 129December 16, 2021 4:41 PM

Hardly. His voice is irritating.

by Anonymousreply 130December 16, 2021 5:51 PM

It's entirely possible that Biden will lose all on his own, without any R shenanigans.

by Anonymousreply 131December 16, 2021 11:09 PM

^It is also possible that Hair Furor will be in prison and we will dodge the bullet of fascism.

by Anonymousreply 132December 16, 2021 11:34 PM

[quote] Un-uh. Just because you got a thesaurus for Christmas doesn't impress anyone, FYI

Oh honey, no. None of those words required a thesaurus. Well, at least not for me. Next time, try college.

by Anonymousreply 133December 16, 2021 11:42 PM

[quote] I would like to thank the two bickering idiots for killing this thread.

It's adorable that you think there's only two bickering idiots on this thread.

[quote] Good job... you're both ill-informed. Next time just put each other on ignore instead of ruining it for everyone else.

Or YOU can block them instead of telling people what to do to make you happy.

by Anonymousreply 134December 16, 2021 11:49 PM

Lol @ R134

by Anonymousreply 135December 16, 2021 11:49 PM

Thanks, R135, I have r134 blocked. And, yes, LOL.

by Anonymousreply 136December 17, 2021 2:49 AM

He's sexy, but not very muscular.

by Anonymousreply 137December 17, 2021 2:58 AM

R133 Oh "HONEY," I've been to college. Thanks for your concern. You should try NOT coming across like a pretentious twat. We ALL know that you can recite the Sean Cody roosters from 94-2010, you creepy fuck.

by Anonymousreply 138December 17, 2021 9:15 AM

R138 - Oh honey, it must have been community college if "polemical" confounded you. Keep making shit up in that demented pea-brain, sweetie. You sound like a real winner.

by Anonymousreply 139December 17, 2021 11:27 AM

r136 - fragile snowflake

by Anonymousreply 140December 17, 2021 11:28 AM

No one over 60 for president.

by Anonymousreply 141December 17, 2021 11:38 AM

we love gavin in cali......he smart, cute and knows how to git things done unlike bozo lame biden.

by Anonymousreply 142December 17, 2021 11:51 AM

If R142 is a typical Gavin fanboi, then Gavin definitely won't win anything.

by Anonymousreply 143December 17, 2021 11:59 AM

I don't think so OP, and I'm a California resident.

by Anonymousreply 144December 17, 2021 12:53 PM

He isnt gonna win GA or AZ and maybe not PA or MI. You need an old white dude for that.

by Anonymousreply 145December 17, 2021 1:03 PM

[quote]Democrats will win in 2024. There just isn't enough red left.

R128 You are not taking into account the many moderate liberals who are becoming disillusioned with the Democrats' embracing of extreme wokeness: anti-male, anti-white, anti-America, anti-police, anti-religion (except Islam), anti femininity in women, anti-masculinity in men, anti-tradition in general. It reeks of un-Americanism to many of us who still love our country, warts and all, especially naturalized citizens like myself who were drawn to the American dream that the left is hellbent on destroying. Some moderates have already jumped ship. That is why there is a warning about a red wave in the next mid-term elections.

by Anonymousreply 146December 17, 2021 1:07 PM

R1 my first thought as well. I sure wouldn’t mind looking at him for 4 years.

by Anonymousreply 147December 17, 2021 1:13 PM

R146 You are a moderate jumping the ship... to what? LOL

R146 = GOP trying to do a backdoor insurrection.

by Anonymousreply 148December 17, 2021 1:27 PM

Can R146 name one prominent Democrat who has disparaged men, the police, white people or Christianity?

At best, she'll find some obscure Twitter bitch.

What a tiresome loony troll.

by Anonymousreply 149December 17, 2021 2:30 PM

There cannot be a “red wave.” 🤮 All the Republicunts will be in prison from the coup d’etat failure or dead from COVID denialism. Thank you, Santa! 🎄🎄🎄 Now, about these RWNJ trolls on the DL…

by Anonymousreply 150December 17, 2021 8:40 PM

R112 you should consider charging Trump rent for all the time he's lived in your head rent free.

by Anonymousreply 151December 18, 2021 5:22 AM

Gavin hasn't lost an election, but he's lost the state to droughts, power outages, oil spills, wildfires, looting, homelessness, mud slides, earthquakes, home invasions and the highest taxes, gas prices, traffic and pollution in the 48 contiguous states. Doesn't present a pretty picture for voters.

by Anonymousreply 152December 18, 2021 5:50 AM

Take your own advice, Miss OCD. Anafronil works wonders. Try it, it works!

by Anonymousreply 153December 18, 2021 6:16 AM

R152 That will definitely be the Republican line of attack, but I think he’s good looking and charming enough to overcome it. I think his chances are being underrated.

by Anonymousreply 154December 18, 2021 6:19 AM

R152, And a Republican governor would resolve all and each of your issues exactly how?

Hold back the mudslides, earthquakes, and wildfires?

Prevent tankers from spilling oil onto the shore?

Stop the citizenry from driving?

Find water with the Republican Governor's Divining Rod?

Be a one-man crime-stopper?

Provide homes and jobs for the homeless?

by Anonymousreply 155December 18, 2021 10:53 AM

I suppose we should criticize De Santis for hurricanes, ocean level rise, soaring beachfront property prices, the shitty state of Florida schools, overcrowding and a massive Covid problem?

by Anonymousreply 156December 18, 2021 4:08 PM

R151 Oh my God, I wish you Trumptardsholes would get a new saying. I've lost track of the number of times I've seen that posted. Usually by cousin fuckers with a page full of pro-Trump memes.

by Anonymousreply 157December 18, 2021 4:59 PM

R155 CA is a mess and like it not US voters will look at that rather than his looks. And many voters will see high taxes, looting, gas prices, power outages, homelessness, pollution . . . as the result of his policies not working.

by Anonymousreply 158December 18, 2021 5:14 PM

R157 now you know how I feel about Boris, Trumptards, Repigs, flyover stans . . .

by Anonymousreply 159December 18, 2021 5:16 PM

California is in great shape! I know it is popular to trash us but let's get real. We are deep blue, probably for good. We have a budget surplus. The rich are taxed higher because the people voted for it. We are a sanctuary state for all those who are being shit on by their state legislatures. We supply a huge percentage of the food you eat. We only take back 75 cents for every dollar we send to the Feds. Trash it all you want. Those of us who enjoy the beauty and progressiveness of the state are willing to put up with the negatives. We also don't mind if you stay away.

by Anonymousreply 160December 18, 2021 5:24 PM

R160 Thank you Governor!

by Anonymousreply 161December 18, 2021 5:27 PM

Newsom has finally decided to deal with the looting and 'smash and grabs' after being an activist for reform with 2014s Proposition 47 which ultimately resulted in the current shit show. Newsom's proposing to fight crime with a $300M proposal which includes $255M to place local law enforcement officers in stores.

by Anonymousreply 162December 18, 2021 6:27 PM

It doesn't matter what California looks like or what Gavin did, he will be the nominee if Biden doesn't run.

by Anonymousreply 163December 18, 2021 6:38 PM

R163 You've got it backward: it doesn't matter what Newsom looks like, but it does matter what CA looks like to US voters.

by Anonymousreply 164December 18, 2021 6:48 PM

R156, Actually, for most you listed, yes, we should so blame.

Denial of climate change? ✔

Worship of unfettered private enterprise? ✔

Indifference to public education? ✔

Refusal to acknowledge the seriousness of Covid-19 and concomitant refusal to implement measures to contain its spread? ✔

by Anonymousreply 165December 18, 2021 7:07 PM

I wonder, r158, what voters think when they consider the shacks of Alabama and Mississippi; Tornado Alley; the flooding and/or oil spills of the Gulf Coast; etc.

Every state has its problems. The problem for states with Republican leadership is that Republicans are never, ever willing to spend or raise tax money for preventative purposes. They always wait until disaster or crime occurs, and even then their first instinct is to profit from tragedy ("Disaster Capitalism.") [See: Kushner, Jared. "The Federal ICU equipment supply belongs to us, not to the states."].

Look at the difference between the Parties on gun crime. Democrats want laws in place to help prevent mass slaughter, street vigilantism, accidental home slayings, etc. Republicans prefer, by policy, to wait until the inevitable deaths by gun, and THEN (maybe) prosecute.

IOW, Republicans generally don't care to act on any issue---to actually govern---until they can either profit or punish, or both. If American deaths must first occur, so be it.

So Gavin or Kamala or Beto or the Man in the Moon, all better than any Republican on principle.

by Anonymousreply 166December 18, 2021 7:25 PM

R166 the same thing. I'd imagine! If you think Newsom will run for President, you know all those images of CA that will make the news again. Just like Booty-pig's Mayoral gig was scrutinized when he decided to run for President and Gavin has far more baggage.

by Anonymousreply 167December 18, 2021 8:18 PM

One of the problems, of course, is that Dems don't usually run for office shitting on parts of America that won't vote for them. You'll never hear Biden talk about what a meth-ed out shithole Oklahoma is. Or how Kansas can't educate its people. Or that Texas' entire electrical grid fell apart because it snowed and had to get bailed out by us Blue State communists. Or that Idaho, the most Republican state in the country, has a budget surplus but is still cutting education spending to spite the CRT, that doesn't exist in Idaho.

But Republicans, those patriots, will happily shit all over any American they don't consider 'really' American.

Because Republicans only think white people are real Americans.

by Anonymousreply 168December 18, 2021 11:40 PM

Exactly r69. Voters are sick of that shit.

by Anonymousreply 169December 19, 2021 12:00 AM

Maybe you're sick of it or whatever, but you aren't "voters."

by Anonymousreply 170December 19, 2021 12:14 AM

First Lady Chasten

by Anonymousreply 171December 19, 2021 12:36 AM

R168 True. Dems just aren't interested in those 'basket of deplorables'

by Anonymousreply 172December 19, 2021 1:38 AM

R160 with the wildfires and drought water shortage and expense is causing growers to abandon their orchards. It will affect the food supply.

by Anonymousreply 173December 19, 2021 2:01 AM

Gavin Newsom is a fucking moron. He's liberal and does liberal things and that's good enough for California, a deep blue state with a responsible, heavily democratic legislature. But as president of the US he'd be a disaster. Y'all supporting him are the same people who supported Beto in the Dem primary before he imploded. You're just thinking with your dicks and can't separate politics from being horny. I admit he's hot, but that's not enough to run the country

by Anonymousreply 174December 19, 2021 2:20 AM

R174 I can't even say he's hot. With that greasy, licked back hair, protruding teeth and red rimmed rabbit eyes he's an aging Patrick Bateman

by Anonymousreply 175December 19, 2021 2:25 AM

Right, because Trumputin is a Mensa member. You bootlicking Quislings wanna suck that wart covered toadstool so bad you can practically taste it. Classic projection, the confirmation of Trumptards everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 176December 19, 2021 2:33 AM

I'm not a MAGAt in the slightest r176

Newsom is vastly superior to any republican choice. But he's bottom of the barrel among democrats. We have many better options than him in 2024. He should stay in Cali, which can govern on autopilot basically

by Anonymousreply 177December 19, 2021 2:36 AM

R177 it's a strange over reaction people have that anyone who disagrees with them becomes Boris, MAGAt, Trumptard, Repig, Nazi, flyover stan . . .R176 is the flip side of the Proud Boys=obsessed with Trump It's a limited purview with an either-or mentality combined with the anonymity of keyboard courage

by Anonymousreply 178December 19, 2021 3:46 AM

R178 exemplifies the true core traits of Trumptards everywhere: projection, obsession, revenge. Rinse, repeat. Move on, guurrrl. Nobody cares.

by Anonymousreply 179December 19, 2021 3:53 AM

R179 Move on? Odd coming from a person who hasn't moved on from the former President. What did basement dwelling INCELs like you talk about before Trump and obsessed over his dick? Who or what did you find as an outlet for your anger and inability to get laid and the stench of crotch rot in your mom's basement?

by Anonymousreply 180December 19, 2021 4:01 AM

granny @ R176 R179 must supplement her Social Security by being paid every time she uses REPUBLICUNT, SOCK PUPPET, FACIST TROLLS, RWNJ . . .or is it senility?

by Anonymousreply 181December 19, 2021 4:12 AM

Just take your Fentanyl and shut up, cunt. You’re not clever, nothing original about you. A cookie reader…ooh…ahh. Die now, you won’t be missed, sonny. Smfh & lol.

by Anonymousreply 182December 19, 2021 4:43 AM

polls say gavin has a very good chance of being the candidate. he pretty much chased covid away in cali with his early strict laws.

by Anonymousreply 183December 19, 2021 5:32 AM

R183 any links to those polls?

by Anonymousreply 184December 19, 2021 5:38 AM

R183 but it's back. Can he chase it away again? Hospitalizations in LA are rising and cases in NY and LA are increasing an alarming rate

by Anonymousreply 185December 19, 2021 5:42 AM

much covid in mexico? its never talkd bout, they seem ok

by Anonymousreply 186December 19, 2021 5:46 AM

R186 Don't worry about us boss we are doing fine here in Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 187December 19, 2021 5:55 AM

cali has one of the lowest per capita rates of covid in nation.

yay mr newsom!!!

by Anonymousreply 188December 19, 2021 6:01 AM

R188 California dreaming! NY and LA are seeing spikes.

by Anonymousreply 189December 19, 2021 6:06 AM

Is LA county still in Cali.? 27 new Covid-19 deaths amid 3,360 new cases

by Anonymousreply 190December 19, 2021 6:11 AM

Has Newsom cancelled his reservations at the French Laundry?

by Anonymousreply 191December 19, 2021 6:15 AM

He has a huge war chest in his run for prez......a shoo in.

by Anonymousreply 192December 19, 2021 8:15 AM

Trump’s invincible! Not even Gavin could come close! DJT is such a manly man, with yuge hands. The hair contest alone…

by Anonymousreply 193December 19, 2021 8:25 AM

R186 It is important to understand demographic information when looking at Covid rates. Mexico has a younger population, and folks there have been more exposed to coronaviruses due to differences in sanitation and living environments. You cannot compare the older US population without exposure to multiple coronaviruses through their lives with the Mexican population.

by Anonymousreply 194December 19, 2021 9:23 AM

Trump's not invincible if he's been indicted.

by Anonymousreply 195December 19, 2021 9:31 AM

GAVIN IN 2024 TO WHIP TRUMPS FUKKIN ASS !!!!!

by Anonymousreply 196December 19, 2021 10:15 AM

In what R196 a pissing contest? Neither will be a candidate.

by Anonymousreply 197December 19, 2021 4:51 PM

R183 the vast majority of people who actually do vote aren't queens obsessed with hair, hands and dicks

by Anonymousreply 198December 19, 2021 4:52 PM

He's a wine salesman with zero appeal to constituents outside his bubble and zero expertise at dealing with a co-branch of government made up at least in half of political opponents who don't give a shit about his woke pandering.

by Anonymousreply 199December 19, 2021 5:06 PM

There's a large portion of DL that doesn't understand you can both want a man to fuck you, and not think he'd make a good president of the United States

by Anonymousreply 200December 19, 2021 5:14 PM

Remember no one wanted to fuck Hillary and she came close to being President

by Anonymousreply 201December 19, 2021 5:37 PM

and no one wanted to fuck Trump and he became President

by Anonymousreply 202December 19, 2021 6:15 PM

R174 I think you’re being naive in thinking that being the best person for the job is what gets you the job. The fact that all of America wants to get banged by him is a far more important factor in his favor.

by Anonymousreply 203December 19, 2021 9:25 PM

I dunno - there are a lot of Democrats in California who wanted to be Governor and he managed to get himself elected. And he won that bullshit recall by a landslide. If everyone was as fed up with his "woke pandering" as the Nazis on the DL say they are, there'd be Gov Larry Elder right now.

He's doing something right.

by Anonymousreply 204December 19, 2021 10:29 PM

Democrats need to run a Southern moderate like Andy Bashear.

by Anonymousreply 205December 19, 2021 10:42 PM

R203 who wanted to bang Hillary or Trump?

by Anonymousreply 206December 19, 2021 10:54 PM

Who wanted to bang Obama?

by Anonymousreply 207December 20, 2021 12:13 AM

newsome is set to run, he has a shit load of getty $$$$

by Anonymousreply 208December 20, 2021 3:15 AM

R160 Mrs. Newsom you may get your wish. California has more people and companies moving out than moving in due to restrictions, high costs, taxes, quality of life issues and natural disasters. A trend that began pre pandemic.

by Anonymousreply 209December 20, 2021 6:53 PM

Yes they're all moving to such Republican nirvanas as Kansas and Arkansas and Alabama, right?? There are no costs there - human life is cheap. You can dump oil in their drinking water and they give you a tax rebate to do it and on top of that they don't tax executive's salaries.

It's heaven, right R209? That's why you live there. Right? Kansas. Right?

by Anonymousreply 210December 20, 2021 8:42 PM

A Cali, elite , pretty boy will not win.

by Anonymousreply 211December 20, 2021 8:44 PM

R210 They're moving out and I would imagine the migration is varied while companies are moving to states with fewer regulations and lower taxes. Your purview seems limited. There are 47 other contiguous states FYI California may be your world but it's not THE world. Ever been to Kansas? South Carolina? Rhode Island? New Mexico?

by Anonymousreply 212December 20, 2021 9:03 PM

OP did you work for Dionne Warwick on Psychic Friends Network?

by Anonymousreply 213December 20, 2021 10:15 PM

[quote] Who wanted to bang Obama?

That whore Scarlett Johansson

by Anonymousreply 214December 20, 2021 10:45 PM

Well according to R212, and right-wing orthodoxy, California is a hellhole for business (and they're FLEEING!) because of liberals taxes and regulations.

So, it stands to reason that if they flee because of taxes and regulations, they'd flock to places with very low taxes and practically no regulations. Right?

Those places include Kansas, Nebraska, West Virginia, Kentucky, Alabama, Arkansas and Oklahoma.

Are businesses flocking there? The evidence is scant. Where are they all going? We're never told. We're just assured that it's taxes and regulations that are the problems.

by Anonymousreply 215December 21, 2021 3:54 PM

R215 who would tell you? Try Google

by Anonymousreply 216December 21, 2021 9:21 PM

Headline business news story: Tesla moved its headquarters from CA to Texas recently. It's been a trend for a number of years

by Anonymousreply 217December 21, 2021 9:24 PM

R216 - yes, let me embark on a daylong research project to refute a snickering, bad-faith Nazi troll.

by Anonymousreply 218December 21, 2021 11:04 PM

R218 Gran, are you still using dial up?

by Anonymousreply 219December 21, 2021 11:30 PM

R218 Your fellow INCELs are using RWNJ, Wingnuts and Trumputin. Nazi is so last week!

by Anonymousreply 220December 21, 2021 11:38 PM

It's so funny the way Nazi trolls assign research projects to people who call bullshit on their lies. "Prove me wrong! Just google it!!"

Prove to me that low-tax, no-regulation Nebraska is experiencing a flood of fed-up Californians moving there, please.

Can you even Google, Gramps???

by Anonymousreply 221December 22, 2021 9:57 AM

Crime in CA is a nightmare. Look at LA! Newsom got some 'splainin to do!

Homicides are up 46.7% compared with 2019, while shooting victims are up 51.4%, according to police data. As of the end of November, there had been 359 homicides in L.A. in 2021, compared with 355 in all of 2020. There have not been more homicides in one year since 2008, which ended with 384. LA TIMES

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222December 22, 2021 10:10 AM

The homicide rate in Indiana is up 37%.

Oklahoma was above the national average in 2020 with 458 violent crimes out of 100,000 people compared to the U.S. where the number was 399.

In Texas, in addition to the increase in volume from 2019, 2020 proved to be the highest volume violent crime year in over a decade.

In Florida, the number of murders surged by nearly 30%, from 16,669 in 2019 to 21,570 in 2020, the largest year-over-year increase on record.

Remind me who's got SPLAINING to do?

by Anonymousreply 223December 22, 2021 2:23 PM

The crime everywhere is up from last year because if the deplorables haven't noticed WE'RE IN A PANDEMIC. Last year most people were in quarantine and not leaving their homes except for necessities. Of course there was less crime

by Anonymousreply 224December 22, 2021 5:14 PM

No, murder went up everywhere in 2020. The Nazis on the DL want you to think somehow that's Newsome's fault or DeBlasio's fault or literally any Dem's fault. But it's funny how they're silent on how murders went up in Republican states too.

But then, Republican politicians aren't responsible for anything.

by Anonymousreply 225December 22, 2021 5:20 PM

R 223 R224 R225 But what the deplorables might see is that the Biden administration is slow to act on immigration, crime, inflation and Omicron. Too busy with BBB. And Booty-gig is more interested in photo ops than doing his job and Comma-la is a cackling nit wit.

by Anonymousreply 226December 22, 2021 5:31 PM

R226, crime went up LAST YEAR...who was president then?

by Anonymousreply 227December 22, 2021 5:34 PM

R226 and he isn't President now. Hence Biden's low approval rating.

by Anonymousreply 228December 22, 2021 5:46 PM

NY and CA stand to lose a congressional seat due to migration.

by Anonymousreply 229December 22, 2021 5:51 PM

R223 and think of all the tax revenue Indiana is going to lose from tourism?

by Anonymousreply 230December 22, 2021 6:00 PM

[quote]Hence Biden's low approval rating.

Biden's low approval is far more nuanced than just high crime.

by Anonymousreply 231December 22, 2021 6:02 PM

R231 Thanks Dr. Jill

by Anonymousreply 232December 22, 2021 6:04 PM

R232, okay, Donald.

by Anonymousreply 233December 22, 2021 6:08 PM

FR31 Nuance is a not a term compatible with the one-trick pony Biden administration.

by Anonymousreply 234December 22, 2021 6:10 PM

Biden's installed more judges than any president since Reagan, at this point in his term. More than Trump.

He also passed two enormous spending bills and isn't spending his time blaming literally everyone on earth for Covid problems, but is acting to try and help, unlike someone.

He's fallen short in some places. Human beings do that. But he's far and above superior to the criminal god you all worship. Better than any R president in my lifetime.

by Anonymousreply 235December 22, 2021 6:24 PM

R235Wow! and what about the immediate problems affecting and of concern to so many Americans?

by Anonymousreply 236December 22, 2021 6:31 PM

And those problems will be the ones you decide and you will decide he's not doing anything about it. So...yeah.

by Anonymousreply 237December 22, 2021 6:53 PM

And the low approval ratings?

by Anonymousreply 238December 22, 2021 6:54 PM

R224 WE'RE IN A PANDEMIC

Glad you noticed. The Biden administration was too busy pushing BBB and was seemingly unaware of the Delta variant, Omicron and the expected winter surge. Maybe they would have used the PHE Public Health Emergency Act to ramp up production of testing kits and equipment 2 months ago.

by Anonymousreply 239December 22, 2021 7:18 PM

The low approval ratings are higher than Trumps, but they're mostly due to gas prices and grocery store prices, things the President can't do much about.

Biden made a bet on going in hard on funding vaccines, thinking that making them cheap and ubiquitous would lead more Americans to get it. He should have assumed Americans are dumb and spiteful and suicidal and paranoid.

By February, there'll be so many boxes of tests everywhere, you'll be whining about that.

by Anonymousreply 240December 22, 2021 7:32 PM

R240 try living in the present

by Anonymousreply 241December 22, 2021 7:45 PM

R241 and until February? By which time they probably won't be needed.

by Anonymousreply 242December 22, 2021 7:50 PM

Ralph Lauren just announced their new winter collection will be available by St. Patrick's Day!

by Anonymousreply 243December 22, 2021 7:57 PM

Why not go back to predicting Biden's doom based on Afghanistan backlash?

by Anonymousreply 244December 22, 2021 8:02 PM

R211 Once upon a time there was a guy named Ronald Reagan...

by Anonymousreply 245December 22, 2021 8:03 PM

R245 and look how that turned out!

by Anonymousreply 246December 22, 2021 8:06 PM

He'll never get elected with the baggage of this right-wing cunt...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247December 22, 2021 8:07 PM

R244 why stop there? Go back to the border situation and his appointing the always evasive Comma-la to handle it

by Anonymousreply 248December 22, 2021 9:16 PM

What border situation? Is it the same border situation right-wing paranoid racists have been shitting themselves about for the last 50 years?

by Anonymousreply 249December 22, 2021 9:21 PM

No, the surge that started in February of 2021 that Joe in response to appointed Kamala as border Czar in March. Remember when Kamala issued those famous words to Guatemalans: Don't come! Don't come! FYI Michael Jackson died!

by Anonymousreply 250December 22, 2021 9:28 PM

^ R249 Still using dial up?

by Anonymousreply 251December 22, 2021 10:43 PM

Still injecting Tucker Carlson's show into your veins? Still that creepy relative everyone dreads?

by Anonymousreply 252December 23, 2021 12:46 AM

No one needs to watch TC to realize the ineptitude of the Biden Administration! Some people can think on their own.

by Anonymousreply 253December 23, 2021 12:49 AM

R252 and what about that creepy hair sniffer Joe Biden?

by Anonymousreply 254December 23, 2021 12:50 AM

Yes, if there's one thing I can tell about you is what an independent thinker you are.

by Anonymousreply 255December 23, 2021 12:51 AM

R255 and what about that creep Biden?

by Anonymousreply 256December 23, 2021 12:56 AM

Biden issues warning to the unvaccinated. In related news, 28 people in CA who attended a party for the vaccinated test positive for Covid!

by Anonymousreply 257December 23, 2021 1:03 AM

CA isn't in the top 10 of states with the highest vaccination rates. Ironically, West Virginia is #2 behind New Hampshire. Alert Bette Midler.

by Anonymousreply 258December 23, 2021 1:13 AM

Sorry my bad. That was highest partial vaccination rates.

by Anonymousreply 259December 23, 2021 1:35 AM

R223 I'm not sure what any of what you typed has to do with Gavin Newsom running for POTUS on the Democratic ticket in 2024!

Try to stick with the thread.

Democrats love to say "well we can run a shitty candidate because Republicans are running a shittier candidate." That logic doesn't work. I point to Election 2016 as exhibit A. [Incidentally I personally don't see Hillary as a shitty candidate (but apparently a lot of other people saw her as shitty).]

Whataboutism is just as stupid when Democrats use it, as it is when Republicans use it.

by Anonymousreply 260December 23, 2021 2:38 PM

Eh - I'm not gonna stick to any thread topic if I don't feel like it. Try and not be a hall monitor.

And if someone's gonna point out that California is a CRIME-RIDDEN SHIT HOLE, I'm going to simply point out that other states, Republican states, are suffering from the same thing and maybe the person pointing that out is full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 261December 23, 2021 7:21 PM

and if someone who's the Governor of a state that is a CRIME-RIDDEN SHIT HOLE that may be problematic if they run for President

by Anonymousreply 262December 23, 2021 8:25 PM

I dunno, De Santis will if Trump doesn't. How much hay will be made of his own state's crime, education and Covid problems? Not much, I'd guess.

Since right-wingers already know what to do!

1. Make up wild accusations

2. Get creepy weirdos in the media to report the wild accusations

3. Get more respectable, but conservative news orgs to "ask questions"

4. Soon, the Liberal NY Times will be asking why Newsom is "dodging questions" and opining about the "optics."

5. Some troll will come to the DL and scream "Why even the liberal NY Times is asking these questions!!!"

It doesn't work the same way in the other direction.

by Anonymousreply 263December 23, 2021 8:30 PM

R236, And they would be? And you would expect a President ---with a couple of Party quislings---to do what about them?

by Anonymousreply 264December 23, 2021 10:54 PM

I like Gavin but the rest of the country is not like CA and many won't go for him.

by Anonymousreply 265December 24, 2021 8:11 AM

R261 And I am merely pointing out that if you expect to WIN by saying other candidates are also poorly managing their states than prepare to lose! That doesn't work for Democrats because we are not a cult. Damn you are stupid!

Your logic is so fucked up and the one completely FULL OF SHIT, is YOU!

by Anonymousreply 266December 24, 2021 9:57 AM

Then*

by Anonymousreply 267December 24, 2021 9:59 AM

So saying that Newsom poorly manages California is ...good? But saying that DeSantis poorly manages Florida is STUPID and FULL OF SHIT!!! Got it.

by Anonymousreply 268December 24, 2021 12:00 PM

R268, NO DUMBASS! I am saying the opposite. You cannot argue that your candidate should win (WHOEVER IT IS) because his opponent ALSO is a shitty candidate who poorly manages his state. That is so FUCKING STUPID!

You can be a Democrat and still criticize other Democrats. That does not make you are a Republican. What happened to wanting what is best for America? Fuck these political parties! BUT ESPECIALLY Fuck the Republican Party!

by Anonymousreply 269December 24, 2021 1:42 PM

I can’t abide Biden. I ain’t havin’ Gavin.

by Anonymousreply 270December 24, 2021 1:55 PM

Gosh someone's full of the Christmas spirit!

I think my point is that Rs will make an issue of California's self-evident shittiness (which is insanely overblown) but Dems won't make an issue of Florida's problems because the media allows Rs to shit all over parts of America they think they'll lose while Dems are crucified if they utter a single word against Republican areas (see Midler, Bette).

by Anonymousreply 271December 24, 2021 2:26 PM

[Quote]I think my point is that Rs will make an issue of California's self-evident shittiness (which is insanely overblown) but Dems won't make an issue of Florida's problems

R271 No! That's not your point at all. Your point is WHATABOUTISM!

That is irrelevant to this conversation.

This is a thread about Gavin Newsom's chances in 2024. Stop trying to distract from your candidate with unrelated bullshit!

Can we get back to discussing the pros and cons of Gavin Newsom winning in 2024 or do you want to distract further?

Oh, and Merry Christmas! 😁

by Anonymousreply 272December 24, 2021 2:39 PM

No, it's more an observation about how the American news establishment (which trickles down to here on the DL) is set up to help Rs. Newsom has a shot, but PA and WI and MI will be a tough one.

Of course, this is all assuming Biden doesn't run again and there's no indication he won't.

by Anonymousreply 273December 24, 2021 2:43 PM

I moved to CA from a red state 25 years ago and have never, ever looked back. Does the state have problems? Yes it does -- but your state doesn't? I'm with [R160] above -- it's a great place to live. Do I love Gavin? Nah, but I'll bet he's smarter and savvier and more pro-gay than your governor. And we do have an all-Dem Assembly and State Senate and progressive (in a good way) policies are possible here in ways they're not most anywhere else in the country. And there's more natural beauty (cue the comments on fires here) than just about anywhere else on the planet. But I do love threads like this, because the worse the reputation of the state gets, the more people move out (or don't move in), and the better the quality of life is for those of us who love it here. Good luck out there in wherever you live!

by Anonymousreply 274December 24, 2021 2:46 PM

All the gays and fraus care about is his muscly arms and the fact he still has a head of hair.

by Anonymousreply 275December 24, 2021 2:52 PM

R273 NO! If this was about the News Media you would have attacked the News Media instead of posters like me. I could care less about Rs and would never vote for one which is why we need a viable candidate. Newsome aint it.

Biden is not running in 2024. He will not say it now because he would immediately make himself lame duck. He will be too old. Frankly, he is too old now. The MSM wants to know this NOW so they can start a 3 year food fight within the Democratic Party. The MSM is pro-Republican.

Don't get me wrong, I like Gavin. I think he is smart and cares about America. And let's be honest. After 4 years of Trump and 4 years of Biden it will be nice to have someone we enjoy looking at on TV everyday. LOL But I digress...

He has a lot of liabilities. Looking at faults in leading Rs doesn't remove his negatives because Rs don't look for quality candidates, they look for someone with an R by their name and they show up in droves. Democrats are not a cult, so to be motivated to get out and vote we need a quality candidate.

We can do better and we should, because we MUST WIN!

by Anonymousreply 276December 24, 2021 2:57 PM

The 2024 election will be decided in about 8 states and California (solid blue) is not one of them. It would be moronic to pick someone from California to run. Dems need Amy K or Pete to run to have a chance at the Midwest. Or someone else with appeal there. Not sleazy Newsom.

by Anonymousreply 277December 24, 2021 3:14 PM

The Rs went with Trump from New York (which they'd never win) and Pence from Indiana (which they'd win in a walk) and they won. I'm not sure that calculation works much any more.

In 2012, they went with Romney (MA, which they'd never win and UT which they'd never lose) and Ryan (WI, which they lost that year).

by Anonymousreply 278December 24, 2021 7:07 PM

Trumputin has lost every election in which he has run.

by Anonymousreply 279December 24, 2021 7:17 PM

R267 Thanks, we never would have figured it out otherwise. :/

by Anonymousreply 280December 28, 2021 8:12 AM

R280 I'm just trying to avoid the annoying "Oh, Dear" Troll. That asshole never contributes to the conversation. She just trolls from thread to thread correcting grammar.

by Anonymousreply 281December 28, 2021 8:31 AM

No doubt, r270, you'd hump Trump, de-pants DeSantis, and cruise Cruz.

by Anonymousreply 282December 28, 2021 11:55 AM

You gays would vote for his muscly arms

by Anonymousreply 283December 28, 2021 12:42 PM

I like Gavin but the rest of the country is NOT California. But we need someone because Joe's too old (Mission accomplished - we just needed him to deny Trump a second term!) and Kamala is AWOL. If mega-marketer Donald can do it, why can't Oprah? C'mon O!

by Anonymousreply 284December 29, 2021 9:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!