Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Would you return an electronic to Amazon that arrived with a damaged box?

[...]

by Anonymousreply 14November 26, 2021 1:56 PM

Absolutely. Return and ask for a new one. I’ve done it.

by Anonymousreply 1November 25, 2021 6:49 PM

The OP forgot to say, the box didn't look like that until AFTER he dropped it.

by Anonymousreply 2November 25, 2021 6:50 PM

Gurl Amazon dont care, they have more money than God. Return it

by Anonymousreply 3November 25, 2021 6:52 PM

OP! RETURN IT.

by Anonymousreply 4November 25, 2021 6:57 PM

If the item inside is entirely unharmed why would you be bothered returning it, OP?

by Anonymousreply 5November 25, 2021 7:09 PM

I return things that have been shipped inadequately (books sent in bubble wrap envelopes that arrive damaged, Blu-rays with crushed cases the discs or case is damaged, etc). It’s not my fault Amazon wants to risk damaged product. I don’t care what the box looks like as long as it something that could have been damaged by mishandling. I’d check it out thoroughly.

by Anonymousreply 6November 25, 2021 7:33 PM

Knock it off with the “Karen” crap, OP, and learn to make decisions for yourself.

by Anonymousreply 7November 25, 2021 7:34 PM

How long does Amazon allow for returns?

Something like an Occulus R5 might not show issues until after a while if it was dropped, or you may never know at all and assume it was “normal”. Something like the lenses being shifted/moved.

Great purchase BTW OP. I love my (gen 1) Occulus. The only tip I have is, while the Occulus software is good at “staking out” a gaming area, My man cave in the basement has low ceilings in an area where a heating vent goes through, and I haveI hit the ceiling several times with the damn hand controller.

by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2021 7:42 PM

Something that costs what it costs I would not even open it. If it is an option for you I would return it via Kohls or a UPS Store. I got a refund for something for less expensive just by sending them a picture of the box. Whatever it was I kept it.

by Anonymousreply 9November 25, 2021 7:49 PM

I liked how the new Fellini box set from Criterion is shipped in a protective cardboard box from Criterion. Otherwise you know Amazon would have shipped it in a flimsy bubble envelope and it would’ve arrived trashed.

by Anonymousreply 10November 25, 2021 9:29 PM

[quote] If the item inside is entirely unharmed why would you be bothered returning it, OP?

Because the OP is a drama queen and a discredit to his tribe.

by Anonymousreply 11November 25, 2021 9:37 PM

Does it work, OP?

[quote]Gurl Amazon dont care

Amazon doesn't, but the third party sellers that account for 60% of Amazon's sales do.

by Anonymousreply 12November 26, 2021 2:22 AM

Return it. It's a piece of electronics, not a blanket.

by Anonymousreply 13November 26, 2021 3:34 AM

You should watch those YouTube videos of people who buy pallets of Amazon returns. It's gross what people give back.

by Anonymousreply 14November 26, 2021 1:56 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!