Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful friends: welcome to a tacky hi-rise

Aside from the crap decor, WTF is going on with these property fraus?

'Amy' has the neck and jaw strain of a xenomorph seeking to break free from its larval casing, while 'Heren' (?) has enough vocal fry to frizzle an egg.

Does New York naturally create wound-up bizarre critters like these, or are they drawn there?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 27, 2021 2:48 PM

See all the gold? The owners are hoping to sell to Israelis or Qataris.

by Anonymousreply 1November 25, 2021 3:39 PM

It's foreign money.

by Anonymousreply 2November 25, 2021 3:42 PM

Normally I don't care about such things, but the name "billionaire's row" is just so freaking tacky and new money.

by Anonymousreply 3November 25, 2021 3:46 PM

I hate it.

by Anonymousreply 4November 25, 2021 3:46 PM

That is one ugly building

by Anonymousreply 5November 25, 2021 3:52 PM

No one actually lives in these things and they’ve ruined the skyline. Pure greed. If they can’t be dismantled perhaps one day they’ll retrofit them to be homeless shelters.

by Anonymousreply 6November 25, 2021 3:52 PM

Most skyscrapers are just vertical sprawl. Better but not that much better than the horizontal sprawl that dominates the sunbelt. Skyscrapers are actually very energy inneficient. The best buidlings are mid and low rise ones like the ones that dominate Rome, Paris, Barcelona, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 25, 2021 3:56 PM

grift, grift and more grift.

by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2021 4:12 PM

Good way to park your $$$$$ to money launder.

by Anonymousreply 9November 25, 2021 4:15 PM

R9- Hudson Yards was built strictly for foreign RICH RIFF RAFF to be able to park their ill gotten LOOT.

by Anonymousreply 10November 25, 2021 4:18 PM

Oh yes...the new suicide site... ^^

by Anonymousreply 11November 25, 2021 4:23 PM

Isn’t this the building that has so many engineering issues that it’s practically uninhabitable?

by Anonymousreply 12November 25, 2021 4:35 PM

What, $27M and no balcony?

by Anonymousreply 13November 25, 2021 4:39 PM

She needs a fuck. TENSE body language and vocalizations.

by Anonymousreply 14November 25, 2021 4:40 PM

these skinny tall buildings sway and have horrible sounds of the wind passing through. No balcony for obvious reasons .

by Anonymousreply 15November 25, 2021 4:56 PM

I wouldn't want to live in the shadow of that either, for fear it would blow over during a storm.

by Anonymousreply 16November 25, 2021 5:03 PM

$28 mil and the kitchen is still a corner of the living room? Food should be prepared in a separate space!

r12, I think that's 432 Park Avenue, the Tetris Building.

by Anonymousreply 17November 25, 2021 5:05 PM

I immediately saw that too, r17. The kitchen in the living room? Pots and pans? Then schlep the food across the LR to the DR on the other side? Are those sliders to the outdoor? Sliding glass doors yet no balcony. Maybe they only slide a few inches for fresh air.

by Anonymousreply 18November 25, 2021 5:21 PM

[quote] these skinny tall buildings sway and have horrible sounds of the wind passing through. No balcony for obvious reasons .

They’re the Karlie Kloss of dwellings. No shape, farty and zero tits.

by Anonymousreply 19November 25, 2021 5:25 PM

[quote] Hudson Yards was built strictly for foreign RICH RIFF RAFF to be able to park their ill gotten LOOT.

Just a bit curious, how well are the Hudson Yards apartment development selling? Anyone know?

by Anonymousreply 20November 25, 2021 5:29 PM

$27.75 million for only three bedrooms?

by Anonymousreply 21November 25, 2021 5:33 PM

HY received billions in tax abatement by rezoning that area as Harlem. GRIFT.

by Anonymousreply 22November 25, 2021 5:35 PM

the skyline is ruined but the views from the inside out must be incomparable, no balcony necessary

by Anonymousreply 23November 25, 2021 5:49 PM

R23 having a balcony isn't just about the view. It's about having outdoor space and fresh air. Though at that height, it's prob too windy.

by Anonymousreply 24November 25, 2021 6:01 PM

Some years ago I lived in a $850 per month rent stabilized building in a nice neighborhood in Brooklyn with easy street parking and clean air. Sometimes I'd walk a few blocks to the 'F' train and get off at 50th Street station below Rockefeller (Or any other parts of Manhattan) in 35 minutes. Pitiful rich idiots.

by Anonymousreply 25November 25, 2021 6:09 PM

To me, it is really criminal to have these units occupied only a couple weeks a year. Yet we’re stuck with a ruined skyline and homeless people suffering on the streets.

by Anonymousreply 26November 25, 2021 6:12 PM

get rid of tax abatement for luxury construction and charge 30 percent transaction fees for foreigners, homelessness solved.

by Anonymousreply 27November 25, 2021 6:40 PM

Windows can’t open; the hallways are dark and narrow and somehow the view is ugly is and dreary despite the location.

by Anonymousreply 28November 25, 2021 7:13 PM

What if the elevator breaks down?

by Anonymousreply 29November 25, 2021 7:28 PM

They'll never get the smell of curry out of the hallways.

by Anonymousreply 30November 25, 2021 7:45 PM

Here R29

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 25, 2021 7:46 PM

She does look like a praying mantis.

by Anonymousreply 32November 25, 2021 7:48 PM

if the elevator is out, head out to the other place across town.

by Anonymousreply 33November 25, 2021 7:49 PM

Horrific, what a waste of money. Looks like a hotel. NOT worth the $$$

by Anonymousreply 34November 25, 2021 8:03 PM

Why do these apartments look so cheap? Same for the top of 432 Park Avenue, discussed with gusto at DL. They do look like hotel suites, no character, no homeliness. Cold and boring. I know it’s staging furniture but with that money could they not afford an interior designer? David Geffen, if you read this: you can do better.

by Anonymousreply 35November 25, 2021 8:11 PM

I would be a nervous wreck in a building like that. Way too shoddily constructed and way too high. If I had that kind of $$$ I'd buy a lovely townhouse on the UES.

by Anonymousreply 36November 25, 2021 8:32 PM

it IS cheap construction.

by Anonymousreply 37November 25, 2021 8:33 PM

The open air concept - living room, kitchen and dining table all in one place, is for affordable middle class homes the HGTV viewers love. For 27 million, I would expect more. Where is my study? My gym? The children's wing? The sling room? The wine "cellar"? Why am I staring at dirty dishes or the housekeeper cleaning them?

by Anonymousreply 38November 27, 2021 2:41 AM

[quote] sway and have horrible sounds of the wind passing through.

Sounds like my BF after margaritas and Mexican food

by Anonymousreply 39November 27, 2021 2:53 AM

That’s a good point that who would want an open kitchen if the help were preparing meals and doing the cleaning . You would probably not want them in the open living space all the time. Reality is, I think, that since these units are rarely occupied there aren’t any staff doing the cooking. Meals are probably brought in from restaurants when anyone is staying there, and those ultra high end appliances are most likely never used.

by Anonymousreply 40November 27, 2021 2:24 PM

No cooking happens there. This is a 28M pied à terre. They are ordering in and the food is brought up by the concierge staff. Maybe they’ll host a catered get together.

I sometimes stay at a $10m pied a terre in west chelsea. Much more relaxed and “down to earth” than this monstrosity. But still it feels cold as fuck like you are crashing in a fancy hotel suite. These buildings are empty and truly soulless. You never see people walking in or out. The staff is bored shitless as nobody’s even there!

by Anonymousreply 41November 27, 2021 2:42 PM

Amazing how 4,000 square feet can feel so cramped. The lack of east/west exposures is awful. The layout is basic and and the rooms not graceful.

Look at this still from the video. Awful!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42November 27, 2021 2:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!