Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

You cannot hydrate your body by taking a shower

And you do not moisten meat by basting a bird.

Basting can impart more flavor to the skin but each time you open the oven you let out moisture. Use sparingly.

by Anonymousreply 25November 25, 2021 1:50 PM

and why are you telling us this OP? Are you Martha Stewart?

by Anonymousreply 1November 25, 2021 7:56 AM

Do you not understand that basters' crispy skin prevents such a phenomenon? Or are you some weird chemistry or physics major who intends to ruin a dinner they were invited to despite ZERO cooking experience and their need to take over the entire dinner, other than contributing to an 88 cent litre bottle of soda?

by Anonymousreply 2November 25, 2021 8:04 AM

What happens when I beat my meat, OP?

by Anonymousreply 3November 25, 2021 8:17 AM

Why do people use lotion? I just moisturized. I feel its effects.

by Anonymousreply 4November 25, 2021 8:23 AM

OP bastes the juices on its skin or it gets the hose!

by Anonymousreply 5November 25, 2021 8:29 AM

Greg's up early today.

by Anonymousreply 6November 25, 2021 8:40 AM

The lotion you use on your body creates a barrier to further drying or moisture loss.

Oil or butter on the skin of the turkey can also prevent moisture loss but only to a point.

by Anonymousreply 7November 25, 2021 8:47 AM

Germs cannot penetrate through your normal, healthy skin, then how could water and lotion? Just use your brain, fat ho R4.

by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2021 8:50 AM

Sure. The stratified squamous epithelium found in certain living creatures, such as humans, is impermeable. A turkey roasting in the oven, on the other hand, is in the decomposition phase and will absorb some liquid when basted, which will keep it from drying out. Opening the oven door too often simply will prolong the cooking process. Likewise, a decomposing human body resting in water, for example, will also absorb liquid.

by Anonymousreply 9November 25, 2021 9:06 AM

R9 Wrong.

It will absorb liquid in a brine but just pouring some over the skin will not help.

by Anonymousreply 10November 25, 2021 9:08 AM

R10, revel in your obstinate ignorance and enjoy your dry bird as I flip you mine.

by Anonymousreply 11November 25, 2021 9:10 AM

OP why would you give your turkey a shower?

by Anonymousreply 12November 25, 2021 9:18 AM

PS: According to the CDC, do not wash/rinse your turkey before cooking. It'll only serve to spread bacteria throughout your kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 13November 25, 2021 9:29 AM

Fat whores thread.

by Anonymousreply 14November 25, 2021 9:45 AM

I'm showering with my turkey as I type. It's so moist!

by Anonymousreply 15November 25, 2021 9:47 AM

This thread needs more prunes.

by Anonymousreply 16November 25, 2021 9:59 AM

I want r2 at my house today.

Can you repeat that verbatim to some of my guests?

by Anonymousreply 17November 25, 2021 10:31 AM

OP read this article from Southern Living, then made up the most annoying comparison he could think of, just to be a fucking bitch over the holidays.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18November 25, 2021 10:56 AM

Use the cover that came with your roasting pan if you don't want a dry bird. If you desire a brown skin, remove the cover for the final stretch in the oven and butter the skin. But leaving it uncovered and basting for the whole cooking time does not result in juicier turkey.

by Anonymousreply 19November 25, 2021 11:03 AM

I have a recipe for hens that calls for putting a glaze on it two or three times during cooking, I'm a little concerned because I don't like to open the oven door, but the reviews are good so I'll trust that it works.

by Anonymousreply 20November 25, 2021 11:05 AM

[quote] If you desire a brown skin,

Mmm hmm. I’ve got my eye on you.

by Anonymousreply 21November 25, 2021 12:31 PM

"You cannot become a better person through massage!" - Self raising flower

by Anonymousreply 22November 25, 2021 12:38 PM

The CDC has ZERO credibility, R13!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 23November 25, 2021 1:18 PM

Inject your turkey's b-b-breastesses with white wine before cooking. You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 24November 25, 2021 1:42 PM

I think you’re both mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 25November 25, 2021 1:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!