Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

WHET Sky Ferreira?

She was sort of an "it" girl for a minute in the early 2010s, but it's pretty much been crickets since her debut album was released in 2013. I remember there was a bit of drama when her record came out because she had recently been arrested along with her boyfriend for drug possession—that obviously wasn't great publicity, but I thought the album was pretty good. It had a unique retro pop/indie rock sound and it was different from what her peers were putting out at the time.

I know she's been in a few movies here and there, but her career has pretty much stalled for almost a decade now. She put out a single track in 2019 that I thought was quite good, but that's it. I kind of miss her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 4, 2022 3:52 AM

Never heard of her. Whatever happened to her mother, America?

by Anonymousreply 1November 25, 2021 5:39 AM

She's stuck in a holding pattern. Her stans blame her label. But, really, she's hanging on to potential. If she never releases another album, she can avoid failure.

by Anonymousreply 2November 25, 2021 5:44 AM

The title track from her album (obviously Twin Peaks-influenced) was very creepy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 25, 2021 5:49 AM

I saw her in TP: The Return, & had to Google her as I had no idea who she is, where she came from before this, or where she went after. She played a dirty, grungy character.

by Anonymousreply 4November 25, 2021 6:38 AM

She’s a crackhead and I doubt she will ever release another album. Her first was one of my favorites but I think she’s just dumb.

by Anonymousreply 5November 25, 2021 6:45 AM

I was also wondering about her recently. She had a great single back in 2012 or 2013, “Everything is Embarrasing”, produced by Devonte Hayes a.k.a. Blood Orange. It had fresh sound and has been imitated by many. I’ve heard rumors that Ferreira loved opiates a bit too much, but what happened to Blood Orange?

by Anonymousreply 6November 25, 2021 6:55 AM

He does soundtracks.

by Anonymousreply 7November 25, 2021 7:03 AM

R6 he does a lot of writing and production for and features on other artist’s tracks.

This was the most recent I heard.

His last album was in 2019.

I’ve seen him live several times and he’s a brilliant musician but he also comes across as quite shy and awkward onstage. This is just my guess, but he seams to not enjoy the spotlight being on him.

I saw Skye once also. She was super awkward. I couldn’t tell if it was shyness or she was on something.

I still listen to Everything Is Embarrassing on a regular basis.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2021 7:16 AM

Love "I Will".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 25, 2021 12:27 PM

R6 she performed it live with him in 2013 at the Pitchfork festival—she was gacked out of her mind, either on molly or coke, was crying onstage, grinding her jaw back and forth—she doesn't sound very good in the clips I've seen from it either. She played that festival again a couple of years ago and was sober, and sounded much better. I like her voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10November 27, 2021 4:56 AM

She is very pretty, but always looks so dour and unhappy. Per Wikipedia, she was raised by her grandma (who was Michael Jackson's longtime personal hairdresser??!), which tells me her parents were absent and had issues, probably with drugs. She also says she was raped as an adolescent (and not by MJ). I think she has problems that run deep.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 27, 2021 5:19 AM

I bless the wonder of life! And the newness of living!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 3, 2022 5:59 PM

R12 yikes. She always looks miserable. I can’t help but wonder if she’s still doing drugs.

by Anonymousreply 13May 3, 2022 8:01 PM

Rumored March release was pushed to April and still nothing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 3, 2022 8:02 PM

Why is she still with the same label? They clearly aren't into her music.

by Anonymousreply 15May 3, 2022 8:03 PM

She looks high on dope.

by Anonymousreply 16May 3, 2022 8:04 PM

WHET Terry Richardson? She used to model for him.

by Anonymousreply 17May 3, 2022 8:05 PM

She looks unwell

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18May 4, 2022 3:35 AM

I love her. Saw her at a David Lynch concert and again at The Silent Movie Theatre in LA where she sang and hosted a showing of “Ladies and Gentlemen The Fabulous Stains”. I heard she tried out for the Madonna movie. She did an editorial where she looked just like her. I remember some music reviewer wrote a really misogynistic piece about her tits.

by Anonymousreply 19May 4, 2022 3:48 AM

As Madonna.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 4, 2022 3:52 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!