Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'How to Refer to Your Nonbinary Family Members'

Nibling, pibling, auncle, niephling, neiph, niephew, chibling, and sibkid are among your many options!

But these present new problems as well:

[quote]“While new, non-gendered terminology is great for a lot of folks, for me, it also comes with a weight,” they share. “My family members have perceived new language in the past as something that associates my transess with whiteness, which makes it difficult for me to feel comfortable using terms like ‘nibling’ to refer to myself.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 25, 2021 1:06 AM

A loveless incel such as OP won't have to worry about this though.

by Anonymousreply 1November 25, 2021 12:29 AM

What about laying down rules about pronouns in your own house? If they don’t like it, leave. Just remember that turnabout is fair play.

by Anonymousreply 2November 25, 2021 12:32 AM

I call my family members "fucking cunts", which works.

by Anonymousreply 3November 25, 2021 12:32 AM

Non-binary family member better watch their ass if they’re coming into my place ok.

by Anonymousreply 4November 25, 2021 12:32 AM

I would refer to them as 'targets' for my crossbow arrows.

by Anonymousreply 5November 25, 2021 12:34 AM

Nibling and Pibling sounds like some sort of old timey racial insults.. I genuinely think if I used them in a work setting HR would call me in on principle just to make sure.

by Anonymousreply 6November 25, 2021 12:39 AM

I dunno, R6, they sound kind of Dr. Suessy to me. Can't you just see all those intersexed-looking Whos in Whoville meeting for Givesthanking with all their niblings and piblings?

Then Tater Tot Timmy greeted its nibling

For the Givesthanking gathering of all of the piblings

"Hello, little Lu! Did you bring your sibkid?"

"Better believe it! Now where is my bib, kid?"

by Anonymousreply 7November 25, 2021 12:44 AM

How to refer to your nonbinary family members?

"Oh, you know them. They've got issues. I decided it was better not to invite them this year. We'll see next year if we can put up with whatever new kick they'll have moved onto by then."

by Anonymousreply 8November 25, 2021 12:48 AM

Next kick, MAPS R8.

by Anonymousreply 9November 25, 2021 12:52 AM

This is real simple: "He" or "She"... Pick one.

by Anonymousreply 10November 25, 2021 12:59 AM

I prefer “Sharon” - makes it easier than remembering all their names. I have a shitload of cousins.

by Anonymousreply 11November 25, 2021 1:03 AM

OP = Boris. Posting this made up “news” to try to divide our LGBTASS2POZ+ community again.

by Anonymousreply 12November 25, 2021 1:06 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!