Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Unwanted guests-- Thanksgiving edition

We got roped into hosting the dumbest queen in town-- the one who works the cash register at the flea market. He invited himself and we couldn't say no. I loathe him! How can we minimize the impact he'll have on our party? We're in Hudson, NY.

by Anonymousreply 36November 25, 2021 2:31 PM

Don't eat those appetizers he's bringing.

But you should know that already.

by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2021 7:49 PM

Thanks for letting us know you're in Hudson, NY. I don't know if I would have been able to come up with a suggestion without that bit of information...

Since you didn't have the balls to tell him no when he suggested attending, your only option is to treat him as an honored guest. Anything else and you are a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2021 7:52 PM

Don't open the door when he arrives, and turn off all the lights.

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2021 7:52 PM

I had a guest like this once. I was heavy with my wine pours and before too long he got up from the table, walked over to the couch, and fell asleep. It was restful for everyone.

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2021 7:54 PM

R4 that's brilliant. Makes it look like you're the consummate host/ess but all you're really doing is helping your guest pass out! Genius!

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2021 7:59 PM

[quote] Thanks for letting us know you're in Hudson, NY.

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2021 8:02 PM

R2 gets the vote for the stupidest twat on the DL today.

So far, anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2021 8:10 PM

Do you have an enclosed porch, or an ell added on to your house that's anachronistic with the style of your home? I suggest waiting till just before this boor pulls up and set one or both on fire. As he gets out of his car, race out onto the lawn screaming "people are DYING inside!" and he'll undoubtedly drive off in sheer embarrassment, and YOU will have gotten rid of these offending additions to your lovely home.

Just make sure your partner's inside, armed with an extinguisher!

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2021 8:13 PM

My psychic abilities say he will bring a Taco Bell party pack to your gathering

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2021 8:15 PM

Are any of you named Kevin?

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2021 8:17 PM

Why, R10? Do we need to talk about him?

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2021 8:18 PM

The ne plus ultra of fine entertaining. Please don't thank me, I'm not the recipe creator...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2021 8:22 PM

Maybe he'll bring some Andre champagne bottles and make mimosas. It could be worse...

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2021 8:26 PM

[quote]How can we minimize the impact he'll have on our party?

Paging Dr. Huxtable, Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable to the courtesy phone please.

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2021 8:28 PM

OP. do you have a rose garden? I've read that disturbed earth in a rose garden is rarely noticed as long as everything is put back carefully.

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2021 8:33 PM

Make sure you place hand-written YOU BROKE IT YOU BOUGHT signs throughout your house to make him feel at home.

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2021 8:45 PM

Give him directions to the house where the Lesbian Thanksgiving is being held. Tell him to bring foie gras and veal cutlets. Tell him you'll be waiting and you want to see him make a BIG, FABULOUS entrance.

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2021 9:13 PM

Thank you for your suggestions. He just called and asked if he could bring a friend visiting from Boston. The friend is a caterer, and wants to use our kitchen to prepare one of his signature dishes.

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2021 11:24 PM

You could post about him on Datalounge and give enough clues--including the town you are in--that it is likely to get back to him and then he won't show up!

Oh wait.......

by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2021 11:27 PM

It's Thanksgiving, OP. You need to think about that and about what being a good person means and sometimes demands. You should feel lucky it's not you who is considered an unwanted burden and have a little humanity.

by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2021 11:32 PM

If I were OP, I'd be afraid that someone is going to go up to Hudson, find the flea market and the "queeny cashier" and ask whose house he had Thanksgiving dinner at, then come back to Datalounge and dox OP

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2021 11:52 PM

[quote] The friend is a caterer, and wants to use our kitchen to prepare one of his signature dishes

If it isn’t my PET PEEVE

by Anonymousreply 22November 25, 2021 12:06 AM

All of this sounds like a good nightmare in the making, OP. Please report back, in real time if possible.

by Anonymousreply 23November 25, 2021 12:10 AM

The signature dish is worse than I imagined... It's a seven layer dip, "Hawaiian style," with pineapples, Canadian bacon, caviar and creme fraiche (I don't know what the other layers are). Can I deny him the space to assemble this nightmare?

by Anonymousreply 24November 25, 2021 12:16 AM

I think that’s the best tactic. “That is so, so kind, but I’m afraid I need every inch of space in the kitchen with it being Thanksgiving. I’m sure you know how that goes, being a caterer! Please just come prepared to enjoy and not work.”

by Anonymousreply 25November 25, 2021 12:18 AM

Can’t you stop bitching even on Thanksgiving?

by Anonymousreply 26November 25, 2021 12:26 AM

R26, OP is riffing from an earlier post and thread from the guest complaining about being invited to these old queens”potluck Thanksgiving in Hudson. You must keep up on DL to get the humor.

by Anonymousreply 27November 25, 2021 3:27 AM

Invite sessums. Your odious guest will be eclipsed by sessiepoo and his “stories”

by Anonymousreply 28November 25, 2021 3:39 AM

Don’t touch the figs.

by Anonymousreply 29November 25, 2021 5:37 AM

Just fart on his food

by Anonymousreply 30November 25, 2021 5:49 AM

R25 exactly. I think it's pretty rude of a guest of a guest to expect going to a stranger's home and ask to use their kitchen. No. No. No.

by Anonymousreply 31November 25, 2021 12:51 PM

^ ughh someone did that to me at a dinner party years ago. Totally took over my kitchen, felt like a total “power struggle” move. Very passive aggressive shitty rude behavior

by Anonymousreply 32November 25, 2021 1:04 PM

There are some instances I will be straight-up rude as a host, and someone trying to bring a dish to my dinner party is one of them. Did I invite you to a potluck? No, then throw your own dinner party if you want to show off your cooking, don’t free ride on mine.

by Anonymousreply 33November 25, 2021 1:06 PM

R32 it is absolutely shitty behavior. Don't act like you're contributing to the meal by coming in and messing up someone's kitchen and constantly asking, "where do you keep the..."? "Do you have any....?" "Should I just clean as I go?" ugh!

by Anonymousreply 34November 25, 2021 1:08 PM

[quote]the one who works the cash register at the flea market.

Sounds like you found a treasure.

by Anonymousreply 35November 25, 2021 1:38 PM

R35 I certainly did! A “blue cornflower" Corning Ware piece. A steal at $79.95 ($86.40 with tax, but he cut me a deal for $80 cash). The cashier invited me to a potluck Thanksgiving dinner party later. Hey, maybe I’ll bring something made in this dish!

by Anonymousreply 36November 25, 2021 2:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!