Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

It's snowing in Jackson Hole!

click on link

Have you ever been there?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32December 24, 2021 8:21 PM

Been there done that. It's a cute little western town just outside of Yellowstone. Probably the nicest one out of all the ways you could enter the park. Lots of money there I think. Some really expensive trinkets and western gear. Probably the most beautiful store i have even seen with exotic fossils and minerals. They had a 20,000 dinosaur head for sale there. Not a lot to do except eat, shot or drink. No gay life. But great luxury stay if you dont want to rough it in shitty over priced lodges in the park.

by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2021 6:15 AM

Don’t confuse Jackson Hole with the town of Jackson. It includes one of the nation’s best ski resorts, a National Park (Grand Teton) and an Elk Reserve. A lot of rich people.

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2021 6:21 AM

Don't confuse Jackson Hole with Jackson's hole.

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2021 6:55 AM

Saddle up the the bar OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2021 7:08 AM

Youtube is saturated with live cams now. I guess it's their new trend. I watch the airport one at LAX, and sometimes Manchester.

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2021 12:02 PM

It's late November which is when it usually starts snowing in places that normally get snow. I love winter weather until January when I'm totally over it by then, but a good snowstorm or two around the Holidays is so, so Hallmark

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2021 12:26 PM

Boyfriend and I were there this summer. Like R2 said, the general area is called Jackson Hole. The town itself called Jackson. A western tourism town through-and-through, a mixture of faux wild-west establishments with a peppering of landscape photography studios, spas ("we're going bison-watching while the misses has her spa day"), adventure companies (e.g., see wildlife by helicopter), and restaurants. Very pricey in-season. It wasn't a bad place, but very touristy and out of our price range.

That arch in the center of the video is made of thousands of piled-up antlers.

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2021 1:17 PM

there wasn't too much snow by the look of it - just enough icy slippery mess on the road to hurt yourself

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2021 2:18 PM

Love it there. Not so much the downtown, but outside it, and of course the natural beauty of the land. I found it magical.

We spent time there in August, when our home city (NYC) was sweltering and humid. Jackson was dry and downright cool at night. The vast open space and thin air was a revelation. I scoffed at the idea of the entire trip, and as soon as we touched down, I was bewitched.

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2021 2:23 PM

[quote]It's snowing in Jackson Hole!

Janet!

You close your legs and get inside!

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2021 2:26 PM

That's so cool, r9

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2021 2:48 PM

I went there a few years ago to see Yellowstone. While we where having dinner, the waitress casually mentioned she worked in the park during the summer and in town during the winter. To which my partner asked "does it snow here a lot" She just rolled her eyes at his clueless questions. But she was really thinking you idiot, thats why the park is closed all winter and I am stuck in this shit job.

by Anonymousreply 12November 26, 2021 8:24 AM

[quote]Youtube is saturated with live cams now. I guess it's their new trend. I watch the airport one at LAX, and sometimes Manchester.

Manchester, England, England...across the Atlantic sea?

by Anonymousreply 13November 26, 2021 8:54 AM

[quote]To which my partner asked "does it snow here a lot" She just rolled her eyes at his clueless questions. But she was really thinking you idiot, thats why the park is closed all winter and I am stuck in this shit job.

You obviously respect your partner enormously.

by Anonymousreply 14November 26, 2021 8:55 AM

Been there, wouldn't go there again…

by Anonymousreply 15November 26, 2021 9:06 AM

I wanted to move there years ago. Not so much now.

by Anonymousreply 16November 26, 2021 9:18 AM

Whazer name lives there. You know, the one from Court TV. The blonde. Not Nancy. The other blonde. Whazer name.

She has horses.

by Anonymousreply 17November 26, 2021 9:58 AM

The national parks there are not closed in the winter; they are open all year long. But in the winter, almost all facilities are closed, and almost all roads are closed to wheeled vehicles. The only ways to get around in the parks during winter are on cross-country skis, snowshoes, snowcoaches, and snowmobiles.

by Anonymousreply 18November 26, 2021 10:39 AM

Yes, I was there while on a tour of the National Parks. We sent to Yellowstone Park, Grand Canyon, Bryce Canyon, Grand Tetons, Zion National Park, Salt Lake City. It was an overnight stopover. Gorgeous part of the country....the southwest and west. It's too bad there are so many trumpers out there. Jackson Hole is a charming western town, with a gorgeous backdrop of the mountains. I recognize the arch of antlers in the video and the Million Dollar Cowboy Bar was a fun (albeit touristy) place. Very western theme. I took a hot air balloon ride in the area, getting a great view of the Grand Tetons. I won't do that again. It was fine, but I don't like heights. This trip was in September, so the colors of the mountains...with the aspens starting to turn their gold, was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 19November 26, 2021 11:09 AM

R19, that trip sounds incredible. How long was it and was it with a tour company?

by Anonymousreply 20November 26, 2021 11:26 AM

R20...Yes, it was with a bus tour company. I was a little skeptical about it at first, but it was one of the most fun trips I've taken. I think it was 12 days long...if I remember. The people were fun... and the tour guide/leader on the trip was very engaging and went out of his way to add little fun extras and interest in the areas we visited. I would recommend it and do it again.

by Anonymousreply 21November 26, 2021 11:36 AM

Stayed there a few years ago while exploring the Tetons and Yellowstone. It was pretty touristy, though they had a cool independent cinema, the kind that has disappeared from my area. Nice wildlife museum. We then moved on to Livingston, WY and Bozeman, MT, both of which I preferred to JH. Like R19, it was September, and the weather and scenery was gorgeous. Just a great part of the country ... through winter would get awfully tedious, I imagine.

by Anonymousreply 22November 26, 2021 12:40 PM

My partner’s sister is taking her three boys there for a surprise snowmobile trip after Christmas.

Don’t be too jealous.

by Anonymousreply 23November 26, 2021 12:43 PM

The winters start early out there...sometimes as early as late September.

by Anonymousreply 24November 26, 2021 12:46 PM

Very nice R23! They will love it.

by Anonymousreply 25November 26, 2021 1:00 PM

I was being a bit facetious, R25, but admittedly I’m a little jealous too.

by Anonymousreply 26November 26, 2021 1:02 PM

A lot of jealousy starting to permeate this thread. It's a Jackson Hole thing, most likely, but I can't be sure.

by Anonymousreply 27November 26, 2021 1:05 PM

Jackson's hole...

by Anonymousreply 28November 26, 2021 1:24 PM

Yes, many years ago in the summertime. I was speechless at how beautiful it was. And I met my first and last in-person moose there. My friend had to relieve herself while we were hiking, and we stepped off the trail a few feet. I was standing guard and suddenly realized a moose was standing quietly watching us from about 15 feet away. I told my friend who proceeded to flip out and make a run for it, trying to pull her pants up at the same time. I didn't know at the time that moose could be dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 29November 26, 2021 2:11 PM

[quote]You obviously respect your partner enormously.

Yes, well I married him for his looks, you get what you pay for.

by Anonymousreply 30November 27, 2021 7:18 AM

It's really coming down now...very Christmasy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31December 24, 2021 8:01 PM

LiveCam PR BOT

by Anonymousreply 32December 24, 2021 8:21 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!