Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

OK, who's getting (or giving) the new Bob Mackie coffee table books this Christmas?

Foreword by Carol Burnett, afterword by Cher.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 24, 2021 9:40 PM

BOOK, not books.

by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2021 2:45 AM

The table of contents is pretty spectacular.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2021 2:46 AM

Fantastic. I just found the perfect holiday gift for a prisspot that's impossible to shop for. I wasn't aware of this and it looks fabulous- thanks, OP!

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2021 2:50 AM

delish!

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2021 2:59 AM

That looks like a lot of fun. Though I quickly have my full of Carol Burnett

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2021 3:00 AM

Oooooh I may have to get this for myself. Thanks OP!

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2021 3:05 AM

I already have it and it's fantastic. His sketches are gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2021 3:09 AM

I'll be purchasing it for myself. I never ask my siblings for anything (especially where my special interests are concerned), because while they give decent gifts, it's rarely anything I really want. In fact, I don't even discuss those things with anyone. I just buy what I want, and that's that.

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2021 3:30 AM

I DO have the Decaro book published in 2001. It can be found on EBAY, & elsewhere. It's lovely, but only 144 pages and paperback, however. The new release is 304 pages, but I'll be curious to see the difference in actual writing/content/approach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2021 3:42 AM

I saw this book in the window and I couldn't resist.

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2021 4:13 AM

Mackiesmo.

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2021 4:18 AM

[quote]I may have to get this for myself. Thanks OP!

Same here, R6. Thanks, OP.

by Anonymousreply 12December 24, 2021 5:07 PM

Drag bible

by Anonymousreply 13December 24, 2021 5:11 PM

I already gave copies to several friends and they all loved it!

Amazon Prime had a “Buy 2, Get 1 Free” deal on it a few weeks ago. Not sure if still valid though.

by Anonymousreply 14December 24, 2021 5:15 PM

I'm getting the audio version.

by Anonymousreply 15December 24, 2021 7:27 PM

That does look fabulous. I don't know anyone to give it to and don't want to own it, but I do want to read/look at it -- my library has 2 copies and a waiting list, so I'll be able to borrow it there eventually.

by Anonymousreply 16December 24, 2021 8:18 PM

Back in his Broadway days wasn't the author famous for his sizemeat? Verificatia?

by Anonymousreply 17December 24, 2021 9:26 PM

I approve!

by Anonymousreply 18December 24, 2021 9:40 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!