Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Best Actor to Never Win an Oscar

Who is it?

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2021 3:38 AM

James Dean deserved an Oscar for East of Eden and Samuel Jackson deserved one for Pulp Fiction. I think Clift was fantastic in A Place in the Sun, but Brando deserved it that year, even though Bogart won. I'd maybe give it to Clift for From Here to Eternity over William Holden in Stalag 17. I don't know which single Cary Grant performance deserved the award. I'd maybe give it to him for His Girl Friday or North by Northwest. I'm not sure about the others deserving competitive Oscars over the actors who beat them, maybe Burton for Virginia Woolf.

by Anonymousreply 1November 24, 2021 2:41 AM

It's Ralph Richardson, you fool.

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2021 2:52 AM

Keanu Reeves.

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2021 2:54 AM

Richard Burton was nominated 5 or 6 times for an Oscar and it bothered him that he never won one. And he didn't live long enough to be given an Honorary Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2021 3:09 AM

I think Marky Mark deserved a nomination for Boogie Nights. I think he was better than the nominated actors except for possibly Duvall and Fonda.

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2021 3:11 AM

R5 Burt Reynolds received his only Oscar nomination for Boogie Nights.

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2021 3:13 AM

Max Von Sydow

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2021 3:15 AM

Richard Burton and Peter O'Toole. The End!!

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2021 3:29 AM

I'm quite fond of that fellow from Albert Nobbs

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2021 3:32 AM

James Dean gave three unforgettable performances then peaced out. So him.

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2021 3:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!