Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tom Cruise fixed his face!

In October, fans started speculating about Tom Cruise’s face because he looked completely different than we are used to seeing him. He didn’t look like himself and of course, that’s when the plastic surgery rumors started to leak out. But it felt like an uncomfortable topic to be speculating about given the fact that the Jack Reacher star is 59 years old and he should be allowed age gracefully.

Well, one month later, Cruise was spotted on the set of Mission Impossible looking every bit like the Tom Cruise we all know and love. (See the photos HERE.) Hopefully, that will put everyone, who questioned that the Top Gun actor was at the World Series game in the first place, at ease. In October, ESPN reporter Molly Knight didn’t believe it was the A-list star, tweeting, “Gonna spend the rest of tonight and all of tomorrow wondering if some random dude convinced the Giants he was Tom Cruise.”

That led to The Sun throwing out several different theories like spaghetti to a wall, hoping one of them would stick. “Tom definitely looks swollen and puffy, which could be due to filler, post-procedure swelling, or weight gain,” Medical expert Dr. Alice Henshaw told the U.K. publication. “Often, surgical procedure such as a platysmal plasty, or neck lift, combined with a mid-facelift could create this type of swelling in these areas, and scars are easily disguised.”

So, everyone can calm down now. Cruise looks like his movie star self again — and whatever was the issue last month (aka none of our business) — we don’t need to worry about it anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 5, 2021 4:02 PM

Jealous, bitches?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2021 11:13 PM

Did his plastic surgery finally "settle?"

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2021 11:15 PM

Yes r1, we're jealous of a picture of him from THREE YEARS AGO. What is the point of the article? The article basically says "Oh Tom's looking like his old self again!" then posts a pic from 2018.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2021 11:30 PM

He's still good-looking but there's no soul in him. Empty vessel.

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2021 11:34 PM

Well it settled or he's beginning to look like Ernest Borgnine.

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2021 11:49 PM

He was bloated from swelling after surgery. He’ll never look the same as he used to.

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2021 12:07 AM

Here's Tom at his latest premiere...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2021 12:07 AM

Nobody ever does.

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2021 5:08 AM

Catherine Deneuve and Sophia Loren have been through the surgery mill and retained their appearance. Depends how it’s done. As soon as Liz Taylor had that chin tuck she stopped looking like Liz.

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2021 5:14 AM

Aren’t there rumours that he has had false teeth put in which on one occasion fell out? Maybe his facial change is due to tooth issues.

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2021 6:17 AM

Katherine Hepburn had pretty good plastic surgery throughout her life. She had it in the 50s and then before Coco. Lansbury as well. They never looked like freaks though you could see they had some tightening done.

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2021 11:29 AM

So what was going on with that puffy face at the baseball game? Fillers or maybe steroids?

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2021 2:13 PM

Sheree Whitfield has a message for Tom...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2021 5:30 PM

Was it broken?

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2021 11:47 PM

So is there really no brand new picture of him? Did I read the article wrong?

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2021 11:49 PM

Never mind, I found the new picture taken on the set of M:I 8. Linked within OP’s article.

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2021 11:50 PM

I think Tom Cruise fucked his way to the top. His rise was incredibly fast. Other actors like Brad Pitt took nearly a decade to get big roles after years of bit parts. Tom rose so fast and it could not have been on talent alone. He had a pointless scene in Zeffirelli's Endless Love, then got a groundbreaking role in Taps and later ended up in Coppola's twink-fest The Outsiders to getting lead roles in All The Right Moves and Risky Business. All within 2 years!

Also did he get speech therapy? Because his voice sounds completely different in Endless Love

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 28, 2021 12:25 AM

I can’t look at him the same after hearing that he beats employees David Miscavige style. And the media said Ellen was horrible yet they still kiss cruises ass?

by Anonymousreply 18November 28, 2021 12:30 AM

OMFG you twats CANNOT READ A TEXT OR AN IMAGE. The dark haired pic of Cruise is OLD.

Here he is NOW. Still looks like the busted hag he was at the ball game.

We are all DOOMED with the complete lack of information and visual literacy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 28, 2021 12:30 AM

The monkey glands are working.

by Anonymousreply 20November 28, 2021 12:31 AM

He was beautiful

by Anonymousreply 21November 28, 2021 12:32 AM

He looks OLD

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 28, 2021 12:44 AM

I have long suspected he has Aspergers but will never admit it

by Anonymousreply 23November 28, 2021 12:47 AM

@R17, that's not really a pointless scene because he gives the main character the idea to burn down Brooke Shields' house. However, in that short scene, he takes off his shirt, wears Daisy Dukes, then lies down on the grass with the camera at his feet, pointing at his crotch. His VOICE there was awful. He sounds like Woody Woodpecker or something. He probably did get speech therapy.

by Anonymousreply 24November 28, 2021 12:53 AM

Zeffirelli was a notorious chicken hawk. He likely had Tom's ass.

by Anonymousreply 25November 28, 2021 12:59 AM

voice coaching. Speech coaching. Speech therapy is for people with an impediment, dumb dumbs.

by Anonymousreply 26November 28, 2021 12:59 AM

I wonder if he got a taste of C. Thomas Howell, Matt Dillon, Rob Lowe, Ralph Macchio, Emilio Estevez or Patrick Swayze on the set of The Outsiders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 28, 2021 1:10 AM

Tom Cruise’s original teeth on The Outsiders.

Swayze was pretty much a grown man on The Outsiders.

by Anonymousreply 28November 28, 2021 1:13 AM

R25, Isn’t a chicken hawk a pedophile? Tom cruise was an adult when endless love was filmed.

by Anonymousreply 29November 28, 2021 1:13 AM

He really was, R21. I was watching Eyes Wide Shut last night, and was taken by how handsome he really was.

by Anonymousreply 30November 28, 2021 1:14 AM

Chicken hawk isn't a pedo. Chicken hawk is a twink chaser. Chicken just means young person. Zeffirelli himself was after older teen boys and young men.

by Anonymousreply 31November 28, 2021 1:17 AM

Not a single picture or clip goes out on his/the studio's social that Tom doesn't have approval over. He has his own person to retouch him the way he likes. Tom approves every shot with his likeness in every movie he makes. You can be sure that the photo has been worked.

He does look better than a few weeks ago at the game. He should not have gone out that night, and he's missing someone in his life and career to tell him otherwise. Not surprising. But he hasn't looked quite right, not quite like himself, since about 2013.

by Anonymousreply 32November 28, 2021 1:19 AM

He's unrecognizable!

by Anonymousreply 33November 28, 2021 1:20 AM

R31, thanks. I’ve only ever heard it to refer to child molesters in other places but DL.

by Anonymousreply 34November 28, 2021 1:20 AM

Great picture r27. God, if the Outsiders were made today no way could it have an all-white cast no matter how anachronistic to the time period that would be.

by Anonymousreply 35November 28, 2021 1:35 AM

It's interesting that Tom hasn't "dated" a woman publicly since his divorce from Katie Holmes back in 2012

by Anonymousreply 36November 28, 2021 1:36 AM

He was hot AF in his youth, even when he was sweating like a pig and wearing and mom jeans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 28, 2021 1:39 AM

R36, Wasn’t he dating some barely legal chick a few years back and there was some controversy about that?

by Anonymousreply 38November 28, 2021 1:40 AM

The casting director for the Outsiders was a genius

by Anonymousreply 39November 28, 2021 1:42 AM

I've always thought the same, R39. They certainly knew how to pick 'em.

by Anonymousreply 40November 28, 2021 1:44 AM

I saw the outsiders again recently. I don’t think it aged very well. And what’s with them reading “gone with the wind”. So bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 41November 28, 2021 1:45 AM

The Outsiders was written by a teenage girl in the 1960s. You can clearly see that in how sentimental, affectionate and articulate the main characters to each other were despite being working-class teenage boys from broken homes. Coppola adapted it to the big screen in the 1980s and I think he's an amazing cinematographer and added more dimension to the story. The studio wanted it to be a blockbuster since it was a popular book, so kept the sentimentality and romanticism to it. I think Coppola had way more creative freedom with Rumble Fish which played out more of a neo-noir with morally ambiguous characters. Way more Coppola's style than SE Hinton.

by Anonymousreply 42November 28, 2021 1:51 AM

I enjoy his work . He has a magnetism on screen and he truly was so good looking

by Anonymousreply 43November 28, 2021 1:52 AM

R42 I had no idea the author was a woman. But now it makes sense. The boys are not like any boys I knew growing up. The way they are with each other does seem overly sentimental more like sisters than brothers... The whole “gone with the wind” stuff really threw me. I was wondering if they were trying to imply the kids were gay.

by Anonymousreply 44November 28, 2021 1:58 AM

What did he do, put a bag over it?

by Anonymousreply 45November 28, 2021 2:06 AM

R44 There was a lot of homoeroticism in the book and film. Pony-Boy, Dally and Johnny seemed to have this love triangle thing going on. The film added tons of scenes that focus on Rob Lowe and Matt Dillon's shirtless bodies. I agree they did not act like actual teenage boys especially from poor white trash homes and supposedly belonging to a gang. But if they did act more realistic though then I don't think it would have become a standardized reading in high schools because it would be a lot more brutal and more politically incorrect.

by Anonymousreply 46November 28, 2021 2:09 AM

19 year old Tom Cruise being interviewed by Entertainment Tonight.

I have to give it to him, he was always very poised and controlled in interviews.

And that bitch of a reporter was flirting with him!

See? It isn't only men who hit on hot young things.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 28, 2021 3:27 AM

Is that his natural hair color in R47?

by Anonymousreply 48November 28, 2021 3:41 AM

I really hate the deep fake Tom Cruise guy on Tik Tok because it makes me miss the young Tom Cruise, if that makes any sense.

by Anonymousreply 49November 28, 2021 3:55 AM

You can smell the Scientology from here. Ick.

by Anonymousreply 50November 28, 2021 4:04 AM

Tom Cruise was a cute,short, guy. Nice little butt and great smile. Back when the elder gays were 35. The end.

by Anonymousreply 51November 28, 2021 5:17 AM

Tom Cruise had that lighting in a bottle screen charisma that doesn't happen very often. He was intensely watchable. Same with Julia Roberts. They just had "it."

by Anonymousreply 52November 28, 2021 5:27 AM

r51 = the ancient white fags troll. Insane. Loser. Time to put on ignore again. Bye bitch!

by Anonymousreply 53November 28, 2021 5:28 AM

When did Tom Get into Scientology?

by Anonymousreply 54November 28, 2021 5:29 AM

His first wife Mimi Rogers got him into it.

by Anonymousreply 55November 28, 2021 5:30 AM

Poor guy . They bought his soul and sanity

by Anonymousreply 56November 28, 2021 5:35 AM

I don’t know her.

by Anonymousreply 57November 28, 2021 5:40 AM

He doesn't want to know you, Suri

by Anonymousreply 58November 28, 2021 5:48 AM

Does he swallow?

by Anonymousreply 59November 28, 2021 6:37 AM

Tom Cruise would have been better as the lead in Endless Love. He's closer to Brooke's age and passed better as a high schooler than Martin Hewitt. Also, he's crazy as fuck in real life. So didn't need to act.

by Anonymousreply 60November 29, 2021 12:41 AM

Tom didn't shower for 9 weeks when filming The Outsiders!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61November 29, 2021 8:21 AM

[Quote] Tom Cruise fixted his face!

There. Fixted it for you OP.

by Anonymousreply 62November 29, 2021 10:52 AM

Ew R61, now I understand this tweet better

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63November 29, 2021 1:17 PM

Was she in the movie, R63?

I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 64November 29, 2021 4:36 PM

He's REALLY getting too old to keep playing the hotshot special agent action hero in those Mission Impossible movies. Cruise is old enough that he could have adult grandchildren.

by Anonymousreply 65November 29, 2021 6:44 PM

How do you not shower for 9 weeks?

That's disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 66November 29, 2021 8:12 PM

The CO$ really ruined his life and he doesn't realize it, probably never will.

by Anonymousreply 67November 29, 2021 8:26 PM

He's uneducated and clearly had issues because of his father. He was always religious as was raised Catholic. I think even in early interviews, he seemed a bit off. So many Hollywood actors have mood or personality disorders. I think that's what attracts them to the arts, they get the love and adoration they feel they lacked in their upbringing. My theory about the appeal of young Tom Cruise was he was a nonthreatening boy next door with a sweet face. Suburban people could relate to him. He was good looking but not extraordinarily so like Rob Lowe nor was he overly rugged or muscular like Arnold Schwarzenegger.

by Anonymousreply 68November 29, 2021 9:12 PM

I’m just sitting here wondering why R63 is randomly holding on to a 10 year old tweet.

by Anonymousreply 69November 30, 2021 10:38 AM

His performance in Interview with a Vampire still holds up. Curdled blonde hair and all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70November 30, 2021 11:18 AM

R68 Lowe has aged much, much better but I would’ve picked Cruise over Lowe in their heyday any day.

by Anonymousreply 71November 30, 2021 5:40 PM

Rob Lowe is about equal to me in talent to Cruise. Cruise puts out good performances though rarely any groundbreaking stuff. Just professional and gets the job done. Rob Lowe is wooden in drama but surprisingly he's strong in comedy and has a sense of humor. Rare for extraordinarily goodlooking people like him who can be rather dull. Cruise seems humorless in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 72November 30, 2021 5:46 PM

All it cost was his soul!

by Anonymousreply 73November 30, 2021 5:49 PM

Rock Hudson, Tab Hunter, Cary Grant and William Holden were good at comedy

by Anonymousreply 74November 30, 2021 8:15 PM

I think he's on the Autism spectrum. Everything is so regimented and planned (including that couch-hopping Oprah interview, where someone must have told him to "act enthusiastic"). He would be attracted to Scientology's rules and controls. Turn it all over to Xenu.

by Anonymousreply 75November 30, 2021 8:54 PM

There's an autism spectrum troll on DL.

by Anonymousreply 76December 1, 2021 1:27 PM

No but I kinda agree with R75

by Anonymousreply 77December 1, 2021 2:44 PM

The thing about Tom is that he had an abusive childhood. He is emotionally stunted and empty inside. He talks and acts in an infantilized manner and always forcing a smile. He seems to want everyone to shower him with affection and adoration. He never acts sincere. Narcissism is born out of childhood abuse and neglect and of course the entertainment industry would attract a lot of damaged souls like that. Scientology came to him because he was emotionally fragile and it gave him comfort and fulfilled his needs to be adored by even more people. It's no different than narcissists who get involved in other organized religions or cults with hierarchies.

That said, a lot of people who have worked with Tom said he is a control freak and a perfectionist. He is extremely hard on himself when he messes up and is super professional. But he's also said to be very generous to his staff and coworkers and is very polite to everyone. I'm sure he's done shady stuff with Scientology but he never seemed that bright, so I don't know if he is just used as a figurehead puppet or he's just drunk with power and justifies the church's misdeeds.

by Anonymousreply 78December 1, 2021 2:51 PM

Wait, what childhood abuse??

by Anonymousreply 79December 1, 2021 3:39 PM

His father was abusive

by Anonymousreply 80December 1, 2021 4:40 PM

[quote]Catherine Deneuve and Sophia Loren have been through the surgery mill and retained their appearance

ARE YOU FUCKING BLIND?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81December 1, 2021 4:47 PM

In the 90s I thought he was a cheeseball superstar and had no interest in him. Then the Katie H drama was all so distasteful and made him look like a horrible person.

However, I just saw Collateral, the Michael Mann film and I liked Cruise’s performance in that. He was outshone by Jamie Foxx but still, he did pull off the stone cold killer with a few cracks in the facade quite well.

I think sometimes he is good in a role. I think he is a better actor than Brad “marble mouth” Pitt.

I would rather hang out/have sex with Pitt though!

by Anonymousreply 82December 1, 2021 5:09 PM

Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise are style over substance. Hollywood movie stars to the core. Not thespian actors. They just do their work and are adequate at it but rarely try to rise above their materiel or give provocative performances. Pitt did try to do interesting stuff in the 90s to avoid being pigeonholed as a vapid pretty boy like Kalifornia, Se7en and Cool World though.

by Anonymousreply 83December 1, 2021 7:26 PM

R81, it's all about lighting. Plus poor Sophia always seems to need that heavy mascara which looks frightening up close.

If only everyone was as subtle as ME!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84December 4, 2021 7:09 PM

[quote]Tom didn't shower for 9 weeks when filming The Outsiders!!

In his autobiography Rob Lowe said they were put in the same bed by their host family when they were filming; I don't remember him mentioning the stinky unwashed stuff though.

by Anonymousreply 85December 4, 2021 7:25 PM

Can you even imagine Rob Lowe and Tom Cruise sharing a bed together? What a weird visual.

by Anonymousreply 86December 4, 2021 7:36 PM

R84, Stephanie looks amazing. I always got good vibes from Her .

by Anonymousreply 87December 4, 2021 11:21 PM

She does R87. I've seen other pics of her though where she looks more her age. So she either just recently had work done, or fell apart after the tapes popped off.

by Anonymousreply 88December 5, 2021 4:02 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!