Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

About 22 years ago

I heard this for the first time, it was November 1999, a true legend had debuted and I have been fan since then.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36November 30, 2021 9:25 AM

How do you endure her shouting?

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2021 8:20 PM

This is quite shit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2021 8:21 PM

Why oh why did she get those massive bowling ball sized tits installed? She had such a nice little figure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2021 8:25 PM

i cant stand her

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2021 8:27 PM

It's about 21 years ago she had her last no.1.

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2021 8:41 PM

She's a fucking cunt.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2021 8:45 PM

Shitina Haguilera has been finished for years now. Ain't no one gives any fucks for that dried up washed up poon.

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2021 8:52 PM

Plus everything is fake about Shitina. Fake bottle blond hair. Fake blue eyed contacts. Fake tits. Could the cunt be anymore plastic?

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2021 8:53 PM

Shouting is a sign of talent R1, all the powerful, talented singers are/were talented : Whitney,Celine Dion,Toni Braxton,Mariah Carey...

by Anonymousreply 9November 26, 2021 6:58 AM

Love this song/video!

by Anonymousreply 10November 26, 2021 6:42 PM

I don't get your point R5, A career doesn't need #1s on Billboard to be successful, a career can be very succesful with its #3s #4s #7s #10s

Plus she probably had #1 hits outside of the USA.

And accelerate hit #1 on Billboard dance chart in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 11November 28, 2021 6:01 AM

The billboard dance charts is just a survey of DJs. It doesn't mean sales.

by Anonymousreply 12November 28, 2021 6:07 AM

I preferred the Weird Al cover "Hooker on a Corner"

by Anonymousreply 13November 28, 2021 6:08 AM

Who she?

by Anonymousreply 14November 28, 2021 7:17 AM

Jesus! Britney fans started going into every topic to do childish critiques. They don't know how to deal with the fact that the princess' mask has fallen and shown how crazy and self-centered she is.

by Anonymousreply 15November 28, 2021 8:29 AM

"I heard this for the first time, it was November 1999, a true legend had debuted and I have been fan since then."

Welcome to AA.

by Anonymousreply 16November 28, 2021 8:44 AM

Can’t she just sing a song straight for once?

If anyone ever needed a vocal producer, it’s her.

by Anonymousreply 17November 28, 2021 9:13 AM

Never liked her, and she’s far from being a legend.

Her screaming on stage reminds me of cats in heat, but cats usually look and sound better during their mating calls. I imagine that most stray cats smell better than Christina.

by Anonymousreply 18November 28, 2021 10:02 AM

Xtina doesn't always scream. She was heralded as the next great voice. Her desire to oversing and run every note into meaningless noise along with a bad habit to lower her larynx to growl out sounds with an unhealthy power kind of destroyed her initial promise. Her voice still has many fine and beautiful qualities. Her singing at the Kobe Bryant memorial was very pretty and unforced. Her voice is far from destroyed. She should stop chasing sounds though.

Bionic was a great album for Xtina. That flopped. Gaga had come for her gig. Xtina did it ALL first - and better. She's been unfairly judged.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 28, 2021 2:59 PM

Me too R10

by Anonymousreply 20November 29, 2021 2:02 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 29, 2021 2:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22November 29, 2021 2:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 29, 2021 2:37 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24November 29, 2021 2:38 PM

[quote]I heard this for the first time, it was November 1999.

OP, why did it take you until then to discover it? The song was released in May '99 and was a hit worldwide, reaching #1 in several countries, including the U.S. The music video also played heavily on MTV and VH1 that spring/summer.

by Anonymousreply 25November 29, 2021 2:42 PM

I like her enough... but lol at legend. She's talented, successful and hard working and earns my respect but she only had two big albums and became irrelevant by the end of the 2000s. Even then her debut was not as big as Whitney, Mariah or Madonna. Christina has some anthems like Hurt and Beautiful. But she's lacking in a timeless discography.

by Anonymousreply 26November 29, 2021 2:44 PM

Christina didn’t do as much shouting on her debut album. She would add runs to her live songs to give them more flair but she kept it pretty straight on record.

That said she did a little hollering on Genio Atrapado, the Spanish version of Genie in a Bottle. I think it’s actually way sexier than the English version.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27November 29, 2021 3:01 PM

Christina's problem is one of seld-delusion. She has a mid-to-small sized voice and a limited vocal range, but wanted to prove that she could force out things that she really wasn't capable of doing: the alleged power in her voice is just shouting with a depressed larynx and a retracted tongue, the high notes were always a raspy and strangled-sounding disaster sung with a high larynx (she could never sing them consistently and hasn't been able to hit them for the last 10 years), and she could only reach those much-praised whistle notes by scooping up to them and pushing the air out with lots of tension.

The sad thing is that if she had actually bothered to develop a good technique, she would now be comfortable singing in the C5 - G5 range, would have a solid lower register and a controlled, beautiful head voice up to around D6. She wouldn't sound powerful, but she would still have a listenable voice. As it stands, she is only comfortable singing between B3 - G4; not even a full octave!

Below that, her voice has an extremely airy, thin quality to it, and anything above G4 sounds small and weak, unless she is screaming it - and she cannot scream above C5 anymore, unless it is for a brief moment. It is unfortunate, but she has chosen to destroy her vocal chords out of arrogance, and her record company has failed to impose limits of her. This, paired with the emergence of Lady Gaga and how awful both Bionic and Liberation were, has ruined her career.

Of course, she will never admit it and will continue claiming that her horrible screeches are a sign of true artistry, and God knows how many more nonsensical stories.

by Anonymousreply 28November 29, 2021 4:40 PM

I think Britney and Rihanna despite their lack of a strong voice have very distinctive tones which fit the dance music they make. Christina is pop too but is humorless and tries too hard to sound like a old black lady in church. She has no soul and it comes off as an imitation. Her debut album I feel had her voice at the best. Just enough restraint for pop tunes and interesting production style. Christina is not Aretha, Whitney or Donna Summer who can sing their asses off but know how to transform their voices for light pop tunes.

by Anonymousreply 29November 29, 2021 6:50 PM

Outside of the USA that song started peaking in September of 1999 R25.

The video was shot in April but only released July that year, so much so that she wasn't nominated for any category of the VMA of 1999.

In late 1999 this song was being promoted in several European, Latin American and African after it had been a hit in the USA already.

by Anonymousreply 30November 30, 2021 8:10 AM

R19, sorry but don't even compare Christina to Gaga.

Christina might have a decent technical voice, but she's not in Gaga's league as a performer. Nor does she have even a quarter of the hits Gaga has. Nor has she ever been an imperial pop star.

Compare her to other pop stars who were more one or two hit wonders.

by Anonymousreply 31November 30, 2021 8:42 AM

To most people, Gaga's hit is "Bad Romance." None of the rest of her songs make the grade.

by Anonymousreply 32November 30, 2021 8:44 AM

Wtf?

Lady trash will never be able to scream like Xtina, the songs speak for themselves, in Bad Romance she strained as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 33November 30, 2021 9:03 AM

What's with the Xtina bashing all of the sudden? Is it because she made no comment when recently asked about Britney?

by Anonymousreply 34November 30, 2021 9:14 AM

Really, R32?

You think the only Gaga song that the public knows is Bad Romance?

Have you listened to mainstream radio in the past 12 years?

by Anonymousreply 35November 30, 2021 9:15 AM

I'm not even that much of a Gaga fan, and even I can think of 7 or 8 big hits without much brain strain.

by Anonymousreply 36November 30, 2021 9:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!