Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Netflix engineer who organized Dave Chappelle protests resigns

Terra Field, a Netflix employee who helped organize protests following the premiere of the controversial Dave Chappelle special, The Closer, has resigned from the company.

In the special, Chappelle doubled down on previous insensitive remarks about the trans community. Rather than asking Netflix to take down the special, protesting employees demanded the company put commensurate resources into the work of transgender creators.

Field was a senior software engineer and part of Netflix’s transgender employee research group. On Monday, she shared her resignation letter on social media.

Field and B. Pagels-Minor both organized a walkout at the company. Field said when Pagels-Minor was fired, it pushed her to make a decision.

When I was looking to change teams at Netflix, when I was trying to decide if I needed a break from my ERG leadership role, and when I was suspended from Netflix in October, there was one person whose advice I sought in all three cases: B. Pagels-Minor. Shortly after B. was fired for something I did not and do not believe they did, I made a decision: sink or swim, I was going to walk side by side with B. as they had for so many of us while they led the Trans* ERG.

Fields wrote her letter specifically to three groups at Netflix: her Base OS team, the Trans* ERG group and Netflix’s I&D team.

Fields said she was incredibly honored to be a part of the Trans* ERG group.

It is impossible to emphasize how important the ERG was to me the entire time I was at the company, and how incredibly honored I was to be a part of it while we grew from just a handful of members to dozens of people attending meetings. The company might prefer the sports team metaphor, but when it comes to the ERG there is only one way I can describe how I feel about you all: Family.

Moving forward, Field said she’ll be taking some much needed time off ahead of her next endeavor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 24, 2021 8:20 AM

Bye Terra! Have a nice life. I hope you develop a sense of humor one day.

by Anonymousreply 1November 23, 2021 10:26 AM

R1, that is an unreasonable hope - people like that can't develop a sense of humour, as they're too self-absorbed.

by Anonymousreply 2November 23, 2021 10:28 AM

I’m so proud of Netflix for now bowing to these woke assholes. Fuck off, Terra, and know that you were on the wrong side of history.

by Anonymousreply 3November 23, 2021 10:32 AM

Best of luck to zher.

by Anonymousreply 4November 23, 2021 10:35 AM

Why do the fat ones all look exactly alike?

by Anonymousreply 5November 23, 2021 10:37 AM

She will be near-missed.

by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2021 10:41 AM

BEAST!

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2021 10:44 AM

R5 You’re right, they all look like 90s Riot Grrrls with their pre-pubescent hair-pins, unnatural hair-dye, and kinderwhore dresses.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2021 10:47 AM

"If you have something you’d be really excited for me to consider, feel free to reach out on LinkedIn."

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2021 10:48 AM

I watched the show and he was funny and well within the acceptable boundary of being a comedian having some fun with political correctness, just like comedians have done for decades. The drama of these well paid (former) staffers is self-sabotaging. Losers.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2021 10:50 AM

Dave is not only hilarious in “The Closer,” but every word he says is true. This fat bitch needs to learn to laugh at herself. She (or they) and people like them have become the joke.

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2021 10:52 AM

[quote] "If you have something you’d be really excited for me to consider, feel free to reach out on LinkedIn."

Consider detransitioning.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2021 10:53 AM

Can condone explain exactly what Chappell said about trannies?

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2021 10:55 AM

Terra was also offered a job at Peacock but declined after they refused to change their name to Peashenis.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2021 10:56 AM

Lol, the moron even posted a tweet for any media or press enquiries. These trans loons really do have delusions of grandeur.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2021 11:00 AM

The Riot Grrls were cute, at least. And, you know, girls.

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2021 11:16 AM

Tell me “she” doesn’t look like an aspie?

by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2021 11:30 AM

Tell me “she” doesn’t look like an aspie

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2021 11:31 AM

Do all trans buy their glasses at the same outlet?

by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2021 12:11 PM

I watched it to see if objectively to see if it was indeed transphobic and it’s not. He uses a comedic narrative to get people to think about the challenges of being trans and hopefully making them more empathetic. I think these trans-formers see any criticism or humor as transphobia and lack the ability to see any nuance or an overarching message.

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2021 12:44 PM

Sperg face.

by Anonymousreply 21November 23, 2021 1:01 PM

Trans love drama and lording their status over others so something tells me he left because he was about to be exposed for something not related to show.

by Anonymousreply 22November 23, 2021 1:34 PM

Clearly with zis work record zhe will have no problem getting another job.

by Anonymousreply 23November 23, 2021 7:33 PM

Zi took 4 personal days a month during zi's period. WOMEN menstruate and trans are no exeption. Then there was the pregnancy scare, and the malpractice suit of zi's gynecologist which so distracts zi from zi's work. ITS ALL TOO MUCH AND ERASURE AND GANG DROIT DE SEIGNEUR LITERAL BODY RAPE RAPE HEGEMONY

by Anonymousreply 24November 23, 2021 10:49 PM

[quote] Moving forward, Field said she’ll be taking some much needed time off ahead of her next endeavor.

This is a mistake. Whenever someone takes time off, it’s really hard to get another job since algorithms automatically see a work gap as a problem and your resume goes in the trash. You can only explain your gape in person but you never get the chance to.

by Anonymousreply 25November 23, 2021 11:16 PM

It apparently is willing to go to all sorts of lengths to alter its appearance...except to stop constantly shoving food in its mouth.

by Anonymousreply 26November 23, 2021 11:18 PM

So what will it do now? You can’t collect unemployment if you voluntarily quit. Just live off his savings for the rest of their life?

by Anonymousreply 27November 23, 2021 11:28 PM

Probably e-beg online, R27.

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2021 1:34 AM

So brave!

by Anonymousreply 29November 24, 2021 4:33 AM

Now she can change her drag name to ‘Terra IncogniTA’

by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2021 4:35 AM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 31November 24, 2021 4:46 AM

Who did what, dear?

by Anonymousreply 32November 24, 2021 7:56 AM

What the odds Netflix HR is committing extra resources to boosting trans diversity after this grave loss.

by Anonymousreply 33November 24, 2021 8:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!