Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BREAKING: Police: Parade Suspect was possibly SHOT BY POLICE before crashing

ABCNEWS: Two law enforcement officials, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized the discuss the matter publicly, identified the person as 39-year-old Darrell Brooks

“Thompson said that he did not know if the driver was hit by the officer’s bullets…”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 22, 2021 7:14 PM

Maybe this will open up a discussion about police pursuits. All too many of them result in innocent people dead.

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2021 4:10 PM

This is more police violence at work here if the guy was shot while driving that close to a parade. How reckless.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2021 4:15 PM

R1, that’s a discussion that happens here in NYC. There’s a group of motorcycle/ATV riders that roars all over the city, and it bothers residents. Mostly they stay on the streets and avenues, but sometimes they ride on the sidewalks and endanger pedestrians.

People complain, but the police can’t give chase or even stop them, for that reason. Personally, if they don’t ride on the sidewalks, I think they’re just a nuisance. But they fuck up traffic. There was just an episode where some hot rod cara blocked the Kosciusko Bridge and did donuts on it. Insane footage of these drivers stunting.

I don’t know what the answer is. They like being pesky.

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2021 4:16 PM

Yeah, all that nuance is going to be considered carefully by left and right media and the thoughtful American people.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2021 4:25 PM

Driving straight into a crowd of people is a deliberate act. He wasn't shot. This is simply more black victim deflection horseshit from reality.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2021 4:34 PM

There seems to be a LOT of pre-speculation and water-carrying by media and local law enforcement with this man. i.e., "Now, now, don't go thinking this was race related! He may have been shot! He was just fleeing arrest and didn't intend to do it! Let's all wait it looks like it wasn't terrorist related..."

I'm hoping and (literally) praying that at the very least, this wasn't race motivated. But they never seem to want to calm fears and anger when it's a white dude accused or suspected of violence. CNN especially keeps the temperature turned all the way up, itching for race riots they can cover. But just like with the gay bar shooting in Florida by a young Muslim man, we're being told, before they even give a detailed press conference, not to expect the worse from the person in custody.

It's a theme played out constantly.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2021 4:34 PM

Was he shot and therefore unconscious when he crashed? This is so gruesome.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2021 4:43 PM

[quote] Maybe this will open up a discussion about police pursuits

This doesn't look like a police pursuit from the videos. There is even a video of the SUV before it turns onto the street which is barricaded for the parade and crashed through the barricade. The parade is way the hell down that street - not sure you can even see it from that barricade location.

The camera follows the SUV for a while and there are no cars in pursuit seen.

Same with the other videos. Nothing can be seen following it even with prolonged wide angle aerial views.

Some car pursuits are necessary. Violent, dangerous and armed suspects cannot be allowed to just get away. I suppose this is an instance when shooting him would have made sense. We just can't predict the future. But if we are to err then we need to err on the side of the publics safety, not this guy.

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2021 5:36 PM

“Fleeing a previous crime” isn’t some kind of exculpatory excuse, either. He didn’t mean to kill five people when he was fleeing a stabbing he had just committed…

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2021 5:54 PM

Was he shot or not?

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2021 5:57 PM

So this is Rittenhouse 2.0 already?

Lies, lies, lies until they're proven lies in court.

Then lie about the court case and hopefully cause more violence.

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2021 5:57 PM

He could have been bleeding out of the gunshot wound and slowly losing consciousness.

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2021 5:57 PM

[quote]The camera follows the SUV for a while and there are no cars in pursuit seen.

The police could have been in pursuit but the suspect eluded them.

There have been a number of cases in my area in which people pursued by police ended up smashing into other cars and killing or severely injuring occupants.

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2021 5:58 PM

^^But yes, this is all random speculation. We don't know anything concrete.

by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2021 5:59 PM

I was more shocked it was not a Muslim. They love plowing into all things Christmas in the name of Allah.

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2021 6:02 PM

R15, we don’t know his religion. It’s possible he isn’t, but it’s possible he is. Especially with that scraggly beard.

by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2021 6:03 PM

Gotta love all the excuses being made here for this violent thug. 50 pages of criminal activity on his record. If he was white none of you would be saying any of this.

by Anonymousreply 17November 22, 2021 6:04 PM

Scraggly beards are gross

by Anonymousreply 18November 22, 2021 6:05 PM

Please point out the excuses made on this thread, R17.

by Anonymousreply 19November 22, 2021 6:10 PM

[quote] Was he shot or not?

I thought I heard or read that the police shot AT the car. Not that they hit him. But we just have to wait and see.

If he was fleeing a crime scene then he probably didn't even know about the parade but once there he just didn't give a fuck about and either deliberately hit people or without any regard fled as fast as he could. He did seem to speed up though once he got in view of the parade.

If he was struck by the bullet then it didn't affect him much cause he sped up quite some time after he was no longer near the police, navigated his SUV through the parade and then took off past it like a bat out of hell and made it home parking his car in his driveway. Or so it seems from videos and photographs.

by Anonymousreply 20November 22, 2021 6:14 PM

R20 I think that will turn out to essentially be what happened. A crime of opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 21November 22, 2021 6:21 PM

I thought the police shot at him when he was leaving the scene of the parade? There were only cops on foot chasing his vehicle through the actual parade route.

by Anonymousreply 22November 22, 2021 6:32 PM

This is from an area "investigative reporter"

[quote] Details about #Waukesha suspect Darrell Brooks: -He was recently released on $1000 cash bond in a domestic violence case -That incident happeend 11/5, the victim told police Brooks intentionally ran her over with his vehicle while she was walking through a parking lot

So he was just in a running people over with my cool car mood?

by Anonymousreply 23November 22, 2021 6:32 PM

Lol he wasn't, his skin color doesn't matter He's a murdering piece of shit. He ran over children for fucks sake.

by Anonymousreply 24November 22, 2021 6:33 PM

And no, cops started shooting after he started running over people dolls. Which is logical.

by Anonymousreply 25November 22, 2021 6:35 PM

Thanks, R25. That makes sense. He still got home okay. He even backed into the driveway. LOL! Maybe for a quick getaway.

by Anonymousreply 26November 22, 2021 6:37 PM

I can’t that this anymore. The media lied to us all about Rittenhouse. Now, not even a day later, not even a state away, they are trying to gaslight us again.

We all saw the video. We all know that the terrorist (that is what he is) had a huge rap sheet. And now, they are trying to make this a cop thing? That cops shot him and he lost control of the car? That the cops shouldn’t have chased him?

How can they expect us to believe that?

Despite the sometimes right wing trolling I do on DL, I have never votes for a Republican. I get it out on the cesspool that is DL and then return to the normal world. But, for how much longer? How much longer can the media keep trying to sell us on a narrative that we literally can see is not true.

by Anonymousreply 27November 22, 2021 6:47 PM

Nice try, Kyle is a murdering piece of shit filth too fatty, he ain't getting g off this easy.

by Anonymousreply 28November 22, 2021 6:50 PM

How fucking stupid do you feel right now OP? So more than ready to make shit up to fit your narrative. Fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 29November 22, 2021 6:51 PM

He wasn’t shot or chased by the,polic. He intentionally ran into the parade to kill people.

by Anonymousreply 30November 22, 2021 7:12 PM

..police. This is from the NYT who carefully identifies no one by race. Or even bothered to check on his social media and identify any of his political leanings. Just a man who ran into a crowd with a car.

by Anonymousreply 31November 22, 2021 7:14 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!