Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Flower Actor Joey Morgan Dead at 28

Hollywood is mourning the loss of a rising star.

Actor Joey Morgan, who starred in films Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse and Flower, died on Nov. 21 at the age of 28. "Joey Morgan passed away early Sunday morning," his rep confirmed to THR. "It was a shock and devastated all of us who loved him. He will be dearly missed. We hope everyone understands how painful this is for his loved ones and can respect boundaries and allow them to grieve in private."

No additional details, including Joey's cause of death, have been shared publicly at this time.

Joey's friend and Flower co-star, Zoey Deutch, took to social media on Sunday to honor him. "rest in peace joey," she wrote on Instagram alongside a photo from the set of the 2017 movie. "a deeply kind, talented, special person. we love you."

Patrick Schwarzenegger, who worked with Joey on 2015's Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse, commented on Zoey's tribute post in disbelief. "What?!? No," he wrote. "Such a hilarious bright star when I worked with him. Wow. This is awful."

Christopher Landon, who directed Scouts, also took to social media to honor the actor.

"Joey Morgan came into my life nearly 9 years ago when I made Scouts," Christopher tweeted. "He was quiet, funny, intelligent and thoughtful. And when the cameras rolled he was magnetic. He passed today and the news is heartbreaking. I am honored to have known him."

Over the years, Joey also appeared in Netflix's Sierra Burgess Is a Loser as well as the Shudder series Critters: A New Binge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2021 1:00 AM

Sad.

I thought he was really good in Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse with Tye Sheridan and Logan Miller.

I wonder what happened?

by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2021 1:48 PM

He reminds me of my son. The one I definitely did not kill, along with my wife.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2021 1:59 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2021 2:02 PM

[quote]We hope everyone understands how painful this is for his loved ones and can respect boundaries and allow them to grieve in private.

Then just grieve in private and do not make any announcement.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2021 2:04 PM

I find it interesting that DLers know who this nobody was, but they call rappers who have 10x+ the following of him nobodies.

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2021 2:05 PM

[quote]R1: Sad.

Is Trump posting here or is this just another fat sow degrading the R1 spot in ignorance of how the DL does things?

Oink.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2021 2:07 PM

You people are mean.

by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2021 7:57 PM

duh!

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2021 8:04 PM

As t least it wasn’t this Joey Morgan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2021 10:30 PM

Speaking of Christopher Landon has anyone here tapped that?

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2021 1:45 AM

What happened to him? Drugs? Covid?

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2021 2:33 AM

bump

by Anonymousreply 12November 25, 2021 2:36 AM

He really was a ringer for the Murdaugh son, it's a shame he won't get the chance to play him.

by Anonymousreply 13November 25, 2021 2:50 AM

I don't know whom this is, but if he died at 28 it was drugs.

by Anonymousreply 14November 25, 2021 2:53 AM

Could be a suicide. It's either that or drug OD.

by Anonymousreply 15November 25, 2021 3:01 AM

Could be Covid.

by Anonymousreply 16November 25, 2021 3:25 AM

laced mary jane!

by Anonymousreply 17November 25, 2021 4:11 AM

Do they know the cause of death yet?

by Anonymousreply 18December 4, 2021 1:00 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!