Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Unaccepting family

My sister would rather I be dead than gay. For 26 years now.

by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2021 4:49 PM

I’m sorry op. She’s an asshole and you shouldn’t care what she thinks. You deserve to be loved and she’s a failure as a human being.

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2021 6:14 PM

I'm sorry, OP. That's....impressively stupid.

by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2021 6:14 PM

Dirty bitch.

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2021 6:15 PM

If indeed true, I'm sorry OP. I hope you have not wasted time trying to change her feelings. She is not worth it or worthy of being a part of your life.

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2021 6:17 PM

Sounds like she needs to be put out of her misery, ignorance and stupidity, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2021 6:19 PM

How much of a dumb redneck is your sister?

Homophobia hasn’t been mainstream since the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2021 6:23 PM

Her loss, OP. You should refer to her as a "relative," not "sister" (if at all).

Count your knowledge of her true character among your Thanksgiving blessings, a silver lining of sorts.

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2021 6:27 PM

I have several family members who outright rejected me for being gay, and many others who've been complicit in their silence. These people don't get a single moment of my time, for any reason. Move on, OP. Life's too short to let damaged people bring you down.

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2021 6:35 PM

I had an aunt who felt the same way. I wasn't invited to weddings, graduations, wakes. She died of COVID complications in August. You are supposed to say nothing but good of the dead. Aunt Nancy is dead. Good. (Hat tip to Bette Davis. )

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2021 6:39 PM

[Quote]These people don't get a single moment of my time, for any reason. Move on, OP. Life's too short to let damaged people bring you down.

This.

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2021 6:42 PM

I don’t think I can ever have a relationship with her again after the last visit. I have to put her in the balcony and never again try to mend ties.

by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2021 6:43 PM

Wutta Kunt

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2021 6:50 PM

No, OP; rather, you do not accept her because she is an ignorant bitch. I love you!

by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2021 6:56 PM

Time to slip in a little cyanide into her stuffing this Thanksgiving...

by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2021 6:58 PM

Don't be afraid to cut family members out of your life. Just because they happen to be related to you doesn't mean they deserve your time.

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2021 4:04 PM

I bet she’s fat.

by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2021 4:07 PM

When I first moved to San Diego, I consulted a local psychic. A mild-mannered Britisher in his 40’s, he took a moment, then told me, “I can sense the spirit of your mother. She wants you to be happy, but she’s disappointed you’re homosexual.” So I told him to tell her to go back to Hell where she came from.

He was shocked.

True story.

by Anonymousreply 17November 22, 2021 4:12 PM

^ Very possible that psychic was projecting.

by Anonymousreply 18November 22, 2021 4:36 PM

Aren't most mothers disappointed their son is a homosexual?

by Anonymousreply 19November 22, 2021 5:34 PM

If she's unaccepting, she doesn't deserve to be called "family". Feel free to cut all ties and move on.

by Anonymousreply 20November 22, 2021 5:37 PM

Call me!

by Anonymousreply 21November 22, 2021 5:38 PM

Stop bitching and make an appointment with a mental health counselor, OP. 26 years, and you're looking to an anonymous message board for sympathy? I have problems of my own, thank you very much.

by Anonymousreply 22November 22, 2021 6:38 PM

OP, Tell her you'll drop a shitty condom on her face in her coffin.

And then do it.

by Anonymousreply 23November 22, 2021 6:40 PM

I'm sorry for your sister as she is quite possibly denying herself the opportunity to have a good relationship with a sibling for completely stupid reasons. I'm sorry for you having to deal with this but perhaps you aren't missing out on anything. Honestly, do you need toxicity in your life.

I had a similar situation with my then boyfriend's family. His sister-in-law let his mother know that she would not be attending the family Christmas if if I was there. His mother let her know quite quickly that no one would be able to dictate who she would have in her home, told her she would be missed and hoped that she came to her senses by Christmas next year. When I found out about this, I thanked her and told her I was sorry. She told me I had nothing to be sorry about and then told me she would rather have me there than her. She said she loved me like one of her own sons while she saw her daughter in law as a childish whiner and complainer, said she hated her attempt to manipulate others. That woman is now my mother in law and I love her and feel closer to her than I did to my own mother.

by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2021 3:25 PM

If it's any consolation OP your sister is almost certainly a stupid, careless anti-vaxxer who will inevitably get Covid-19 and hopefully die from it too.

by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2021 3:36 PM

Same, OP. People are strange, OP. I don’t get it. But life is too short. You’re better off, OP.

by Anonymousreply 26November 24, 2021 3:56 PM

Was she such a cunt her entire life ? Sounds like she is a rotted little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 27November 24, 2021 4:21 PM

Fuck her husband.

by Anonymousreply 28November 24, 2021 4:35 PM

When my aunt went into hospice I flew out to stay with her. Her right wing, nutcase daughter said she wouldn't come home if I was there. Her mother told her it was her choice if she wanted to stay away while she was dying.

The daughter (my cousin) and I got along just fine. But, she is still a right wing nutcase and I live 2,000 miles away so I don't really engage with her.

by Anonymousreply 29November 24, 2021 4:47 PM

Were you disinherited, OP?

by Anonymousreply 30November 24, 2021 4:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!