Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tasteful Friends...How washed up late night talk show hosts live.

Jay Leno is living on a cliff in Newport. Although it's RI, I'm getting a Dark Shadows vibe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 24, 2021 1:12 PM

I so be so 'washed up'!

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2021 3:44 AM

He likes to chain people up and abuse them.

by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2021 3:45 AM

Wanna bet he doesn’t have 10 Friends to fill the bedrooms?

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2021 3:45 AM

Why is Leno living in RI, of all places? When did he leave California?

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2021 3:50 AM

Where does he keep his "East Coast" cars?

by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2021 3:52 AM

The house used to belong to the family of a friend of mine, but it passed out of their hands before either of us was born.

I think it's one of the more interesting such houses in Newport.

Not liking the kitchen or most of the interior updates.

This isn't Beverly Hills. Why not acknowledge the fact.

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2021 3:53 AM

It's a gorgeous house, but seems a bit stuffy for Jay Leno, but maybe they could add on a bit, for the cars

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2021 4:09 AM

Few people in show biz have deserved their lucrative careers less than Jay Leno.

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2021 4:32 AM

Is he selling? Horrible. Looks pretentious and looks like a douchebag lives there.

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2021 4:37 AM

Nice house, ugly decor.

by Anonymousreply 10November 21, 2021 4:38 AM

I seriously doubt he lives fulltime in his summer cottage.

by Anonymousreply 11November 21, 2021 4:48 AM

I love the property itself, but not the home. It's entirely too much in every way conceivable, as far as I'm concerned. I'd rather live in Kim Novak's oceanside cottage (as it was listed here some time ago).

by Anonymousreply 12November 21, 2021 5:01 AM

Leno, the unfunny one

by Anonymousreply 13November 21, 2021 5:04 AM

Jay will probably announce a health issue in 2022. Shhhh.

by Anonymousreply 14November 21, 2021 5:13 AM

Meh........

by Anonymousreply 15November 21, 2021 5:27 AM

[quote]Few people in show biz have deserved their lucrative careers less than Jay Leno.

Agreed.

by Anonymousreply 16November 21, 2021 5:31 AM

I never would’ve guessed this was Leno’s style.

by Anonymousreply 17November 21, 2021 6:37 AM

About a year ago I saw Leno shopping at the West Hollywood Pavilion's. He was all alone. Sort of wondering around the aisle. He was very, very gaunt (at least compared to how he comes across on TV). I've seen a million celebs over the years, but seeing Leno in his state was rather shocking.

That incredibly boring tangent aside, I love the house from the exterior. And that's the only nice thing I have to say about it.

by Anonymousreply 18November 21, 2021 6:39 AM

This is completely opposite of Jay Leno's rather casual contemporary Beverly Hills house

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2021 10:33 AM

The kitchen is darling.

by Anonymousreply 20November 21, 2021 11:00 AM

I’ll see your incredibly boring tangent and raise you a ‘Wha?!’

I saw Leno about a year ago, myself, and was struck by how amazing he looked. He was fit, his hair looked great, and I couldn’t get over how good his skin looked.

Of course this was at night, but it was well-lit. Maybe he had a bunch of tape, wires and pulleys hoisting him into a presentable state for his night on the town.

I wonder if you saw him the morning after I saw him.

Hahahahaha

by Anonymousreply 21November 21, 2021 3:31 PM

Antiques Roadshow visited him here. When he bought the house the contents came with.

The peacock statue was the most interesting. Prior owners had a bronze peacock statue in the driveway. A storm came and the peacock was taken out to sea. Decades later it washed back up. The lady who originally lost the peacock came for a visit and there it was in the driveway again.

by Anonymousreply 22November 21, 2021 3:40 PM

I wonder if the peacock was blown of its perch when Trump hit NBC’s airwaves, and migrated back when he had moved on to whiter pastures.

by Anonymousreply 23November 21, 2021 3:43 PM

How is Jay Leno estimated to be worth $400 million while Jimmy Fallon is worth only $60 million? They both hosted The Tonight Show for the same amount of time.

So where did Leno get all his money?

by Anonymousreply 24November 21, 2021 3:46 PM

[quote]I'm getting a Dark Shadows vibe.

It's about two miles from the Dark Shadows mansion, also known as Seaview Terrace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 21, 2021 3:47 PM

I always heard that Leno banked a lot of his Tonight Show money and would rake in cash doing standup on the weekends. I used to live in Burbank, so I’d see him around quite often. Pretty much in a different vehicle (they weren’t always cars) everytime.

by Anonymousreply 26November 21, 2021 3:51 PM

Leno and his wife have no children.

To whom is all this property, and all the cars, going when he/she/they kick?

by Anonymousreply 27November 21, 2021 3:59 PM

r18 and r21 I will raise you both. Around the time shortly after Johnny retired and Jay took over, I was shopping on Western Ave and Melrose also known as the cheap furniture district. I was exiting a store and who do I almost slam into as they were entering the same cheap furniture store but Jay Leno and a woman who did not look like the wife but didn't look like a side piece either, probably an assistant. It during the week at lunch time.

by Anonymousreply 28November 21, 2021 4:08 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 21, 2021 4:45 PM

The interior decor certainly looks like something designed by a woman named Mavis. What was his wife's profession before he married her, a grammar school lunchroom lady?

by Anonymousreply 30November 21, 2021 11:42 PM

I have a working theory that house size correlates with one's ego.

Cool house/castle though. Would love to be friends with someone like that just for the visits.

by Anonymousreply 31November 21, 2021 11:45 PM

I love it!

by Anonymousreply 32November 21, 2021 11:48 PM

Carmela doesn't like antiques, because her house is traditional.

Definitely not a castle.

by Anonymousreply 33November 22, 2021 12:13 AM

[quote] How is Jay Leno estimated to be worth $400 million while Jimmy Fallon is worth only $60 million? They both hosted The Tonight Show for the same amount of time.

Guessing that Leno got paid more than Fallon. Leno came from a more golden age of late night TV. Now, people have so many more choices. Plus, Fallon is boring (not that Leno wasn't boring, also).

by Anonymousreply 34November 22, 2021 12:17 AM

[quote] When did he leave California?

He tapes "You Bet Your Life" at Burbank Studios, so I don't think he's left the L.A. area altogether.

by Anonymousreply 35November 22, 2021 12:32 AM

About a year after Joan Rivers died , her daughter Melissa related the following. Melissa was at some charity event. She caught Jays eye and he gave her the death stare.

He was carrying Johnny’s torch of hate for Joan. It was obvious how incredibly hurt Melissa was , that he couldn’t muster up a nod for someone who just buried her mother

I was never a fan but now he on my Hate List.

The house suits him: big, pretentious, cold and souless

by Anonymousreply 36November 22, 2021 12:32 AM

He was just on "Let Make a Deal" this week. I didn't think he looked good.

by Anonymousreply 37November 22, 2021 1:11 AM

That house is almost as big as his jawline.

by Anonymousreply 38November 22, 2021 2:11 AM

r29 he's turned into Gary Busey and Ted Kennedy's love child

by Anonymousreply 39November 22, 2021 8:54 AM

"How is Jay Leno estimated to be worth $400 million "

Most people invest money they don't need to live. Jay Leno was paid a lot of money and lives a comparatively modest life, plus all those cars are worth a fortune. It would be quite easy for him to amass a $400 million fortune over all his years in the business

by Anonymousreply 40November 22, 2021 8:00 PM

He seems like a prick.

by Anonymousreply 41November 24, 2021 11:54 AM

[quote]How is Jay Leno estimated to be worth $400 million while Jimmy Fallon is worth only $60 million? They both hosted The Tonight Show for the same amount of time.

The Tonight Show (and all of broadcast TV) was a lot more profitable in the Leno years than it is now. He got a slice of a much bigger pie.

by Anonymousreply 42November 24, 2021 11:59 AM

[quote]Jay Leno was paid a lot of money and lives a comparatively modest life, plus all those cars are worth a fortune

It's not comparatively modest when it involves homes like this one and all those cars worth a fortune.

by Anonymousreply 43November 24, 2021 12:01 PM

He grew up in Massachusetts, I’m surprised he didn’t buy on the North Shore.

by Anonymousreply 44November 24, 2021 12:20 PM

[quote] About a year ago I saw Leno shopping at the West Hollywood Pavilion's. He was all alone. Sort of wondering around the aisle. He was very, very gaunt (at least compared to how he comes across on TV). I've seen a million celebs over the years, but seeing Leno in his state was rather shocking.

That was Jared Leto.

by Anonymousreply 45November 24, 2021 12:55 PM

Guys net worth is total value of all stuff you own, minus debts.

Jimmy Fallon owns plenty of "things", but Jay Leno has far more assets on his books. But then again Leno has been making big money longer than Fallon so had cash to invest and otherwise put into said assets.

by Anonymousreply 46November 24, 2021 1:04 PM

"It's not comparatively modest when it involves homes like this one and all those cars worth a fortune. "

Those cars are a big chunk of Jay's net worth. They're investment grade classics worth millions. Some people collect rare art he collects rare cars. He also produces very profitable classic car shows that make him even more money. Compared to his wealth he does lead a rather modest life

by Anonymousreply 47November 24, 2021 1:12 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!