Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

BILLY of DESI DINO and BILLY is DEAD TO ME!!!

Died the same day as his mother who was 96.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2021 9:45 PM

Sorry DINO DESI and BILLY

by Anonymousreply 1November 21, 2021 3:26 AM

That leaves Desi. Whoda guessed.

I was at Dino's funeral and it was so sad seeing Lucille Ball bawling. I had to remind myself to look away. Best "performance" I ever saw from James Woods who gave a great eulogy.

by Anonymousreply 2November 21, 2021 3:33 AM

I don't know her.

by Anonymousreply 3November 21, 2021 7:36 AM

I hadn't thought of him for years, but I just saw him yesterday on that Dean Martin documentary they ran on TCM. Weird coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 4November 21, 2021 12:28 PM

They sure were cute back in the day...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 21, 2021 12:35 PM

Poor Billy, his bandmates were so much more attractive than he was. You know, Dino and Desi got the good groupies and Billy got the fatties.

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2021 1:40 PM

[quote]You know, Dino and Desi got the good groupies and Billy got the fatties.

Triggered.

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2021 1:46 PM

I was born in the early 60s. I have never heard of this band before.

by Anonymousreply 8November 21, 2021 2:06 PM

[quote]I was born in the early 60s. I have never heard of this band before.

Then, you're a fool.

by Anonymousreply 9November 21, 2021 2:26 PM

Desi, Jr. was getting laid as young as 13.

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2021 6:58 PM

I saw him on that Dean Martin documentary too (it was great, btw) and he looked OK - apparently he had cancer. The band was kind of a flash in the pan, with Dino and Desi basically trading on their names. Kind of like Gary Lewis and the Playboys, only not as successful.

That documentary was a long time in the making, and it featured some people who were already dead, like Florence Henderson.

by Anonymousreply 11November 24, 2021 7:05 PM

I was reading up on this group just the other day. Billy was handsome and had a good voice. That’s too bad.

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2021 7:08 PM

Damn. I've been reading about, and listening to, the Beach Boys this week. Brian Wilson posted on IG about Billy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2021 7:09 PM

Desi Arnaz, Jr.

He's dreamy.

by Anonymousreply 14November 24, 2021 7:53 PM

Billy had cancer of what?

There is no one size fits all cure for cancer. Cancer affects so many different parts of the body. Some cancers are much worse than others.

Some cancers can be cured by simply cutting out the specific body part. Colon cancer, if caught early, has a high survival rate, so does prostate cancer. Cervical, pancreatic, salivary gland and ovarian cancers are usually death sentences. So are certain types of skin cancers.

by Anonymousreply 15November 24, 2021 9:22 PM

I was watching "Billie" starring Patty Duke the other day. What a coincidence.

by Anonymousreply 16November 24, 2021 9:27 PM

[quote] Desi Arnaz, Jr. He's dreamy.

Meh. He's no George Glass.

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2021 9:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!