Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What are your Thanksgiving plans?

Will you be preparing the turkey this year?

by Anonymousreply 36November 25, 2021 10:55 PM

Take out traditional thanksgiving food from a restaurant for my mom, aunt, cousin and me.

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2021 8:38 PM

No, no turkey as I have been a vegetarian for 25 years.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2021 8:42 PM

I'm vegan and liberal, and will be attending T'giving dinner with my meat-eating Republican family. I am not out to them btw. While they gobble down on turkey and violent carbs, I will be bringing my own tofurkey, an organic baked sweet potato, and a quinoa salad. I get strange looks, but I couldn't care less what anyone thinks of my eating habits.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2021 8:55 PM

[quote]I'm vegan and liberal, and will be attending T'giving dinner with my meat-eating Republican family. I am not out to them btw. While they gobble down on turkey and violent carbs, I will be bringing my own tofurkey, an organic baked sweet potato, and a quinoa salad. I get strange looks, but I couldn't care less what anyone thinks of my eating habits.

That's entirely believable.

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2021 8:57 PM

I'd bought a small turkey breast and was just going to invite the brother who lives closest to me to come over and share it. Then I thought about my older sister who's retirement age and still working two jobs, so I decided to ask her and her disabled husband over, too. Then one of my other sisters found out, and began bitching because I wasn't planning to invite her. Her fella doesn't eat meat, so she said if I didn't have her over, she'd have no turkey at all. And then I got a phone call from the brother lives farthest away from me, but thankfully he wasn't fishing for an invitation. And the rest of my siblings have plans of their own.

So I went to the free range turkey farm and bought whole turkey for Thanksgiving Day for the six of us, and I'm busy cleaning the house this weekend.

Oh - I also bought a half-gallon insulated pitcher for the gravy. We are all gravy hounds, so I make it by the gallon. Not to mention I'll need lots for the leftover care packages I'll assemble to send home with my guests.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2021 9:11 PM

Good God—how many siblings are there?

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2021 9:13 PM

I’m having 12 over this year, last year 8 of us sat outside and froze our asses off. All getting tested and all triple vaccinated. Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, home made sourdough rolls, a gallon of gravy, Mac & cheese, Brussels sprouts, green salad with pomegranate. Pies and flan for dessert. Looking forward to it, even with my stick in the mud in-laws attending.

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2021 9:31 PM

Working. Keep in mind (in no particular order) the cops, firemen, pilots, flight attendants, airport security. doctors, nurses, hospital health aides, home health aides, bus drivers, train operators, EMS, utilities workers, ferry pilots, military and all the others of all races, ethnicities, and religions who will be working.

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2021 9:43 PM

Thank you for reminding me and all of the others who see your reply, r8.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2021 9:44 PM

My partner and I are having Thanksgiving dinner at his parents' country club. Mom doesn't want to cook and doesn't want us to cook, either. We will probably cook a post-Thanksgiving turkey for ourseleves so we can have leftovers.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2021 9:46 PM

This is going to be our first American-style Thanksgiving dinner! My mom’s work always gave the workers a turkey for Thanksgiving but we’re Vietnamese and mom made turkey curry with it instead of roasting. My brother and I graduated college and got jobs this year so we ordered Boston Market catering to treat the family. I’m excited to try it!

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2021 9:49 PM

R11 hope you have a lovely dinner, and I hope you aren’t disappointed!

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2021 9:53 PM

R11 You will love it! Sounds like a fun day!

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2021 9:54 PM

So much virtue signaling

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2021 10:00 PM

My binary rescue dog and I are going to my liberal lesbian aunt's vegetarian protest march against white Americans.

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2021 10:06 PM

who will be working together.

R8

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2021 10:10 PM

I will be spending the day alone. I am looking forward to eating exactly what I want and watching a few movies.

by Anonymousreply 17November 24, 2021 7:51 PM

First holiday since my sister's husband died, so I am having her over and cooking a traditional (for us) meal. I normally go to their place, and do a day-after dinner for my gay and single friends. This year everyone seems to have someplace to go... I just finished ironing our grandmother's lace table cloth, and have set out the china. Still need to finish some cleaning and make the cranberry sauce. Otherwise, everything is chopped, bagged and ready to assemble.

Whatever your plans, hope my fellow Dataloungers have a safe and enjoyable day!

by Anonymousreply 18November 24, 2021 7:59 PM

I'm a Canadian and we have our Thanksgiving in early October when the weather is nicer. I like ours better!

by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2021 8:13 PM

Some Waiters and baristas and grocery/drug store clerks also have to work. And convenience store clerks.

by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2021 8:27 PM

Hotel bottoms will be working as well.

by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2021 8:29 PM

I just got my booster shot!

by Anonymousreply 22November 24, 2021 8:31 PM

Luxurious dining in high fashion at Mar-a-Lago of course.

by Anonymousreply 23November 24, 2021 9:25 PM

[quote]Hotel bottoms will be working as well.

All bottoms everywhere will be working their asses off one way or another.

by Anonymousreply 24November 24, 2021 9:27 PM

I was invited to my sister's, but there will three unvaccinated people there that I'm aware of. I got my booster nearly two weeks ago, so I should be ok, but I'm very hesitant. I'll probably decide last minute.

by Anonymousreply 25November 24, 2021 9:33 PM

Roasting a Turkey breast, butternut squash, mashed potato (in a ricer, suggested in another thread), gravy (strained, with a tiny splash of cognac), stuffing made separately (technically called dressing), peas and green beans. For wine, a Sancerre. I will eat midday, text a photo to my family, so they know I’m not at the Waffle House or anything like that. I will see everyone at Christmas, but the Thanksgiving break is too short to travel 1800 miles to get home. That’s just the way it is right now, for me at least.

by Anonymousreply 26November 25, 2021 12:00 AM

R25 perhaps you should hurry on down to the store and buy yourself a pair and then brave it up to go.

by Anonymousreply 27November 25, 2021 12:26 AM

Vagitarian

by Anonymousreply 28November 25, 2021 12:42 AM

Deepthroating at noon, then stuffing at 3 pm.

by Anonymousreply 29November 25, 2021 1:12 AM

R5, I hope your turkey is delicious and everyone gets along.

by Anonymousreply 30November 25, 2021 1:28 AM

It's my dead husband's birthday and I celebrated Thanksgiving six weeks earlier.

I will do some combination of crying and reading and eating. Before any of that I will call his parents and wish them a Happy Thanksgiving, and print addresses onto holiday card envelopes.

by Anonymousreply 31November 25, 2021 1:33 AM

R25, if rapid tests are available in your area, the 3 unvaxxed could take them earlier. If they are contagious, you will know and can stay away. They are very good indicators. If negative, you could still wear a mask and, for eating, sit at the other end of the table..

by Anonymousreply 32November 25, 2021 1:41 AM

R26 enjoy. We’re having sancerre too!

by Anonymousreply 33November 25, 2021 2:22 AM

Fresh pet

by Anonymousreply 34November 25, 2021 5:50 AM

Going to my Trump loving in-laws. My boyfriend said if he has to suffer, so do I.

by Anonymousreply 35November 25, 2021 5:57 AM

I’m gonna suck my son off.

by Anonymousreply 36November 25, 2021 10:55 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!