Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Camilla says of herself and Charles in their 70s: "We've still got a lot of snap in our celery"

I love the ol' gal!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204November 30, 2021 11:29 AM

She has face wasting. Cancer?

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2021 6:13 PM

Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2021 6:15 PM

Did people hate Camilla back in the ‘90s? She was so villainized as Diana’s “ugly” competition and everyone felt sorry for Diana.

Do people like her now?

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2021 6:15 PM

[quote] She has face wasting. Cancer?

Honey, she's just old. It's the one illness you don't want to be cured of, as Joseph Cotton says in "Citizen Kane."

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2021 6:16 PM

She seems more snappy than Charles.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2021 6:21 PM

Gross, we don't need to hear about her and Charles' disgusting sex habits.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2021 6:21 PM

R3, if Diana were the mistress, people would've gone after her, too. It had nothing to do with attractiveness and everything with being part of destroying a marriage.

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2021 6:26 PM

R3 In the 1990s, she was hated and polled as the most unpopular woman in Britain. Diana publicly placed the blame on Camilla for her marriage to Charles failing (which actually was not the entire truth, Diana cheated first it has to be said) and so Camilla was vilified as the "other woman." Also thanks to good old misogyny, people could not understand why Charles wanted her over the younger, more traditionally beautiful Diana. The press were vicious to Camilla too (far more than they have ever been to people like Meghan) dubbing her the Rottweiler.

Today, Camilla is more popular, though not beloved. People are comfortable seeing her with Charles and there is acceptance of their marriage, though there are still a number of people who hate her. There is also still a majority of people in the UK (about 55 to 60%) who don't think she should be titled Queen Consort.

Personally, I like Camilla. Second marriages are virtually the norm nowadays and I don't really see the big deal people make. Diana is long since dead and Camilla was only one small factor in the breakdown of Charles and Diana's marriage.

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2021 6:27 PM

Is that a euphemism? Either way…TMI.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2021 6:28 PM

The booze and sense of humor keeps them snappy. Notice she is not hung up on fillers or plastic surgery. I like the realness.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2021 6:29 PM

R7 Diana chased other women's husbands and even stalked that Middle Eastern (?) surgeon.

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2021 6:32 PM

Snap in one's celery has nothing directly to do with sex, you dolt at R6.

And if something is meant for humor, it needs to demonstrate enough intelligence to show that humorist is not a dolt. Just in case and giving you more credit than you apparently are worth.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2021 6:35 PM

R11, Diana was a stalker? Like Glenn Close!? Spill the details, please!

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2021 6:35 PM

R13 Diana was a bit of a nutjob, but we're not allowed to say that publicly because her death has basically canonized her.

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2021 6:36 PM

Dirty whore

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2021 6:39 PM

Game old bird was a smoker and it’s showing on her face. She’d be the one to chose to to talk to have a laugh with, given the chance.

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2021 6:41 PM

So she still rides that 70 year old royal skin flute? Good for the old harlot.

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2021 6:43 PM

Not r11. But, IIRC Diana phone stalked the married art dealer Oliver Hoare. There numerous, like in the hundreds, of calls. His wife would usually pick up and Diana would hang up. The Hostess made a complaint to the police. Upon investigation, it was found they originated in Kensington Palace. I've read this across the years. I'm pretty sure it was in Tina Brown's Diana Chronicles.

Also, she decided she needed to go visit Hasnat Kahn's (the heart surgeon) on her own which perplexed his family and displeased him because he had no intention of marrying her. I don't know if she told him in advance. She'd also show up at his hospital to watch him perform surgeries. Can't recall if it was before or after they got together.

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2021 6:50 PM

R11, is it important that he is Middle Eastern? (He isn't. He was Pakistani) WTF even mention what he was?

by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2021 6:51 PM

^she decided she needed to go visit Hasnat Kahn's (the heart surgeon) *family* on her own

Ugh. I omit so many words typing on my phone

by Anonymousreply 20November 20, 2021 6:58 PM

Good for them -I hope they are happy !

by Anonymousreply 21November 20, 2021 7:00 PM

Was he married, R20? I don't know much about that episode. Did they actually have a relationship?

by Anonymousreply 22November 20, 2021 7:00 PM

I guarantee if this were the black chick talking about her sex life with the married guy she fucked, the same people saying "good for Camilla!" would say how classless and trashy it is to speak of such things.

by Anonymousreply 23November 20, 2021 7:04 PM

[quote]Did people hate Camilla back in the ‘90s?

No one liked her back then, it wasn't about Diana. She was a horse faced tacky royal who openly dated the Prince while he was still VERY married. After Diana died, she hired a PR company and over time now all the Brits seem to lover. They hate Paparazzi there but they sure eat whats ever fed to them like candy.

by Anonymousreply 24November 20, 2021 7:07 PM

Megs stalked the ginger.

by Anonymousreply 25November 20, 2021 7:12 PM

The facts are diana was a whore, liar, stalker all the while pulling the innocent poor me act. She really was a rotten piece of work. Camilla may not beyour idea of a beauty. But nobody reallygives a shit what you think.twink

by Anonymousreply 26November 20, 2021 7:13 PM

[quote] she was hated and polled as the most unpopular woman in Britain. Diana publicly placed the blame on Camilla for her marriage to Charles failing (which actually was not the entire truth, Diana cheated first it has to be said) and so Camilla was vilified as the "other woman."

Thanks for the rewrite of history Camilla! The truth is Camilla was after Charles LONG before Diana even came along. Once he started dating Diana she just turned up her efforts to destroy that relationship from day one. That's why she had no qualms about openly trying to get in between them every chance she got, even if it was obvious to outsiders and the press. Diana was basically fucked from the get go, she was only 19 at the time, and Camilla was an old dried up Cougar.

by Anonymousreply 27November 20, 2021 7:16 PM

Camilla is basically what old Kardashian Trash would be if they came from royal blood lines with bad teeth, dried up skin and tacky behavior.

by Anonymousreply 28November 20, 2021 7:17 PM

No, the surgeon wasn't married and they did indeed have a relationship. This was after the married men. Kahn was/is a very private man who didn't want to be drawn into Diana's world of the spotlight, jet setting, the paps, etc. He was very content just being a heart surgeon. Diana was in love with him and wanted to get married and her ill-advised trip to Pakistan may have been an attempt to force his hand. But his family was very traditional.

I don't know how long after the trip that the relationship was over, but it's been said her vacation with Dodi Al Fayed (Egyptian, the Middle Eastern one) was an attempt to make Kahn jealous. An other ill-advised move.

by Anonymousreply 29November 20, 2021 7:19 PM

She has a nice head of hair. Her face would stop a clock.

Camilla must truly enjoy smoking and drinking Princess Margaret style I do dare say.

by Anonymousreply 30November 20, 2021 7:23 PM

The celery is her brittle bones. A lot of potential snap there, vile hag.

by Anonymousreply 31November 20, 2021 7:24 PM

DIANA WAS A SAINT!!!!

by Anonymousreply 32November 20, 2021 7:29 PM

I love Diana's memory and I wish things had been different. Now, with so much revealed over the years about Diana, Camilla and Charles relationship prior to Diana, the affairs, the duties of their marriage per the Queen, and the fact that Diana has been long gone, I have grown to like Camilla. Everyone says she is easy to work with, does not take herself too seriously, is a lot of fun to socialize with. You never hear about any rivalries between Camilla and Kate. I think had Diana lived, there would have continued to be drama. Borderline personality disorder is very hard to treat and can be very destructive.

by Anonymousreply 33November 20, 2021 7:31 PM

Lets be honest, if Charles had been a real man and taken care of Diana like a real wife the Monarchy would be so much more worshiped today. And Prince Harry would never have left because there would not have been the same strife with the Royals with Diana as his mother. They would have been like the prefect royal family instead of the dysfunctional one they are now on the verge of collapse.

by Anonymousreply 34November 20, 2021 7:33 PM

[quote]You never hear about any rivalries between Camilla and Kate. I think had Diana lived, there would have continued to be drama. Borderline personality disorder is very hard to treat

She did not have borderline personality disorder, that line came from a book written about her. She was never professionally treated or diagnosed as having that. But keep telling a lie and eventually it becomes the truth. Authors are not qualified to make diagnosis of people they never met.

by Anonymousreply 35November 20, 2021 7:39 PM

I honestly don't think William and Kate have much contact with Camilla and even less affection for her.

by Anonymousreply 36November 20, 2021 7:41 PM

r12, the International Space Station just called. They could hear your hissing from orbit.

by Anonymousreply 37November 20, 2021 7:44 PM

When Charles becomes king, Camilla becomes ......what? Queen? How does that work?

And when Charles passes, William becomes king and Kate becomes ...... queen?

And what happens to Camilla when Charles is gone? (Assuming he passes first, not a sure thing considering Camilla's years of smoking.)

by Anonymousreply 38November 20, 2021 7:45 PM

[quote]A 22-year-old Charles met Camilla Shand, 24, the daughter of a British Army officer, at a polo match at Windsor Great Park. In 1992, People magazine reported that, when the pair met for the first time, Camilla said to Charles: “My great-grandmother was the mistress of your great-great-grandfather.

Wink Wink, want to do the same?

by Anonymousreply 39November 20, 2021 7:46 PM

[quote] I honestly don't think William and Kate have much contact with Camilla and even less affection for her.

Interesting. What is this based on? Just a feeling? William is very close with his father, so it's hard to imagine they don't see a lot of Camilla too.

by Anonymousreply 40November 20, 2021 7:48 PM

Because Camilla will always be the other woman who broke up the marriage and as a result, forcing Diana to seek other men as a way out which of course lead to her death. It's not hard to figure our R40

Diana would have been highly protected had Charles respected the marriage and treated her with love kindness instead of letting some whore come between them and for all the public to see. It must have been terribly humiliating for Prince William to see his father do that to his mother.

by Anonymousreply 41November 20, 2021 7:55 PM

Interesting that she went back to Charles after splitting with Shawn Mendes.

by Anonymousreply 42November 20, 2021 7:56 PM

The rumor is Camilla “knows her place” basically and keeps out of the way of William and Harry (before he left the country). She would have a warm relationship with them but they don’t want a relationship with her. I don’t blame either side on that one.

[quote] people could not understand why Charles wanted her over the younger, more traditionally beautiful Diana

I think this is the root of a lot of the scandal—in a situation like that, the public thinks, “who would I pick” and because the answer seemed so obviously to be Diana, it led to a lot of speculation/gossip about prurient things (Camilla is a dirty ho) and judgement about Charles being weak, narcissistic and a fool. The tampon phone call didn’t help. Of course, the real answer is only the two people in any relationship know the truth of it.

by Anonymousreply 43November 20, 2021 7:57 PM

r38: The Palace has long asserted, ever since Charles and Camilla announced their intention to marry, that when Charles is crowned King, Camilla will be given a special title of "Princess Consort" she will from thenceforth use (although in actuality she will be Queen Consort). They've reiterated this claim many times since, though it is hard to believe they won't just crown her Queen at this point, since there has never been in the history of the UK a King whose legal wife was not recognized as Queen. She will retain whichever title she does use when he is crowned until she dies, even if Charles dies first. f she is crowned queen, then when Charles dies Catherine will be "HM the Queen" and Camilla would be "HM Queen Camilla" (otherwise Camilla would then remain "HRH the Princess Consort" until she dies).

If William dies after being crowned king, and Catherine is still alive and George is married to a woman, George's wife will be referred to as "HM The Queen," and Kate will be referred to officially as "HM Queen Catherine."

by Anonymousreply 44November 20, 2021 7:58 PM

Hasnat Khan has never spilled on his relationship with Diana in all this time even though he could probably make a mint on it. Good guy.

by Anonymousreply 45November 20, 2021 7:59 PM

[quote]The tampon phone call didn’t help

Wait What? I missed that one, do tell.

by Anonymousreply 46November 20, 2021 8:00 PM

During the Charles/Diana marriage wars, both of their phone calls were tapped (by the press I believe?). The tapping of Charles’s calls turned up an infamous chat with Camilla in which he was joking around about being her tampon:

CHARLES: Oh stop! I want to feel my way along you, all over you and up and down you and in and out . . .

CAMILLA: Oh!

CHARLES: Particularly in and out.

CAMILLA: Oh, that's just what I need at the moment.

CHARLES: Is it?

CHARLES: Oh, God. I’ll just live inside your trousers or something. It would be much easier!

CAMILLA: (laughing) What are you going to turn into, a pair of knickers? (Both laugh). Oh, you’re going to come back as a pair of knickers.

CHARLES: Or, God forbid, a Tampax. Just my luck! (Laughs)

CAMILLA: You are a complete idiot! (Laughs) Oh, what a wonderful idea

by Anonymousreply 47November 20, 2021 8:04 PM

[Quote]Now, with so much revealed over the years about Diana,

You like many others have come to fall for the subtle consistent Diana take-down by the BRF since her death. They're experts at manipulating The Great Unwashed.

by Anonymousreply 48November 20, 2021 8:07 PM

As "The Crown" has shown, the problems with Charles and Diana were the vast difference in ages and the fact that they had so little in common. Diana liked pop music and musicals, which Charles does not like; Charles like gardening, classical music, mysticism, and literature, none of which Diana really liked. The only thing they both liked was opera. They had their children in common, but by the time Harry was born the marriage was over.

Charles also felt the marriage was forced upon him by his family, which made him resent Diana all the more.

Camilla, by contrast, loves gardening and literature, and is willing to tolerate Charles' mysticism (which i think he has moved away from as he's become older--you never hear about it anymore). She also realized Charles is a narcissist and needs tons of indulgent attention, which Diana could not provide--she needed her own narcissistic needs attended to.

In a weird way Charles and Diana were very similar: they were both exceptionally damaged when you because they didn't get enough attention from their mothers when they were small (the Queen was new to reigning and it took up all her time; Frances Spencer was in a miserable marriage and was focused entirely on getting out of it). They both needed so badly to be adored, and two narcissists rarely make for a good marriage. Camilla gave Charles the adoration he craved without demanding much of anything in return; Diana found the adoration she needed in her string of lovers and from the public.

by Anonymousreply 49November 20, 2021 8:07 PM

[quote]Camilla gave Charles the adoration he craved without demanding much of anything in return; Diana found the adoration she needed in her string of lovers and from the public.

Oh for fucks sake. Cheating on your new wife is not the same as public adoration.

by Anonymousreply 50November 20, 2021 8:18 PM

“The Crown” is fiction, not a documentary R49.

by Anonymousreply 51November 20, 2021 8:19 PM

You go it old girl! He’s still the Prince of WHALES! (It’s an allegory, ok? I know it’s Wales, but it’s an allegory, so stop wailing.

by Anonymousreply 52November 20, 2021 8:19 PM

R50 He didn’t cheat on his new wife. He spoke to Camilla only rarely, and then mainly about her son to whine he was godfather too. And only saw her in public when other people were around. There were three people in that marriage for sure, but Camilla wasn’t the third party, it was James Hewitt, or Barry Manakee, or that art dealer guy(or was it auto?)

by Anonymousreply 53November 20, 2021 8:24 PM

Cornwall? When did I eat Cornwall?

by Anonymousreply 54November 20, 2021 8:26 PM

[quote] He didn’t cheat on his new wife. He spoke to Camilla only rarely, and then mainly about her son to whine he was godfather too. And only saw her in public when other people were around.

Even they now admit they saw each other on hunting weekends to which Diana was pointedly not invited. He absolutely did cheat on Diana.

by Anonymousreply 55November 20, 2021 8:27 PM

Both Charles and Diana show the different but similarly dysfunctional outcomes you can get when children experience emotional neglect. Charles is a narcissist. Diana is alleged to have had borderline personality disorder. People with BPD and NPD are often drawn to one another but it’s a relationship doomed to failure. Neither party in that marriage could give each other what they needed. Charles was used to being the center of attention and didn’t like it when his wife overtook him in that regard. Diana wanted to be the sole object of her husband’s devotion but that was never going to happen.

by Anonymousreply 56November 20, 2021 8:27 PM

R37, your mother just called. She asked me to tell you that copying old quotes from other people isn't funny or insightful.

She would have called you but she still doesn't want you to have her number, your tedious little shit who takes after your father, whoever he was. A Navy man, or one of them, she thinks.

by Anonymousreply 57November 20, 2021 8:45 PM

Camilla will always have the stain of 'the other woman.' It's impossible to look at Camilla and not think of Diana. Diana was beloved around the world as was evident by the daily news coverage and the unprecedented reaction to her death. It was bigger than the reaction to JFK, JFJ, Jr., Pope John Paul, Mother Theresa and other notable figures. Despite all the chatter above about Diana's personality, it was Charles and Camilla who drove Diana to other men. Charles and Camilla sabotaged Diana's marriage at every turn. Camilla was the woman who wouldn't leave someone else's marriage.

Camilla is tolerated now, maybe even liked and accepted now. But the past was so explosive, Diana, Charles and Camilla and by association William and Harry can never live it down. It is forever in our consciousness. And that is separate as to whether or not we accept, dismiss it or remember it forever. If you lived through it, it's pretty damn difficult to forget even if you can move on. But Diana is an elevated figure forever--beyond anyone in recent history--around the world. Charles is not considered such despite recognizing his inevitability as king. And Camilla never will be. She will be the other woman, a good ol' broad, Princess Consort, queen perhaps to some, and then forgotten.

by Anonymousreply 58November 20, 2021 8:47 PM

[quote]Camilla will always have the stain of ‘the other woman’.

Oh, well. Take me or leave me.

by Anonymousreply 59November 20, 2021 8:52 PM

^^Enough gin and tonic can help anyone sleep.

by Anonymousreply 60November 20, 2021 8:54 PM

If you snap Charles' celery too hard, it might just break. Camilla's gin and tonic will prevent her from knowing hers has broken. But she knows her place, so her muscle memory kicks in. But by being a man, if you snap Charles' celery, he'll be tortured. Women are just stronger than men.

by Anonymousreply 61November 20, 2021 8:55 PM

R58 even if it were true that Charles and Camilla drove Diana to other men, she often chose married men, so it’s ridiculous to put Diana on a pedestal above camilla. They have both been “the other woman”.

Even then, no one knows which party cheated first or which party was the most difficult to live with. The one thing we do know is that Diana smeared Charles as an adulterer but Charles never mentioned her affairs, several of which were with married men.

by Anonymousreply 62November 20, 2021 9:17 PM

Charles is a homosexual. They had to get him a beard after the divorce from Diner.

Of course Di was a beard, too- but she wasn't aware of it.

by Anonymousreply 63November 20, 2021 9:22 PM

Look, it's only the titles and fortune that keeps that family from being a Jerry Springer episode.

by Anonymousreply 64November 20, 2021 9:25 PM

[quote]The Palace has long asserted, ever since Charles and Camilla announced their intention to marry, that when Charles is crowned King, Camilla will be given a special title of "Princess Consort" she will from thenceforth use (although in actuality she will be Queen Consort). They've reiterated this claim many times since, though it is hard to believe they won't just crown her Queen at this point, since there has never been in the history of the UK a King whose legal wife was not recognized as Queen.

I remember when Charles and Camilla got married around 2005, the public still wasn't over Diana even though it had been over 7 years since her death by that point. Needless to say, there were objections, particularly from Diana's fans, who resented that Camilla might someday be queen. To ease their fears, the public was told that when Charles succeeds the throne Camilla's title would be Princess Consort, not Queen Consort as is traditional. However, like you, at this point I don't see why they won't just call her Queen Consort (aka Queen Camilla) since the public has moved on and doesn't seem to hate her as much as they did in the '90s and 2000s. Only her most ardent fans have any objections, but they are a small minority by comparison.

by Anonymousreply 65November 20, 2021 9:38 PM

[quote] Camilla will always have the stain of ‘the other woman’.

Thanks for weighing in, Mrs. Stephen Haines.

Do you consider her a hussy and a shameless Jezebel too?

by Anonymousreply 66November 20, 2021 10:36 PM

She was the same age as my big sister, she was 19 going on 45 to normal teenagers.

No teenagers went around in pie crust collars. She was a joke.

She tried desperately to be part of the eighties culture and looked a fool in designer clothes. Don't forget we were just coming out of punk. That silly emerald choker around her head.pfft.

by Anonymousreply 67November 20, 2021 10:46 PM

Sounds like Camilla is weighing in in person at R67!

by Anonymousreply 68November 20, 2021 10:58 PM

R62. Charles and Camilla were romantically involved with each other before, during and after Diana was married. Charles and Camilla were exchanging engraved gifts with each other the night before Diana's wedding. Charles was calling Camilla while he was on his honeymoon with Diana aboard the royal yacht Britannia. Charles was unfaithful from the very start. He was never committed to Diana the way she was to him. It's just that Charles didn't have the balls to say no to marrying Diana. Charles expected Diana to put up with his cheating. But Diana being a woman of her generation was not going to put up with his cheating. Charles was living in another generation, another century.

Diana was not going to deal with watching her husband leave the house for another woman. I'm not excusing Diana's infidelity, but it was entirely motivated by being alone. Charles motivation was his overblown sense of entitlement. Charles and Camilla intentionally set out to ruin Diana's marriage. They even decided Diana was a "safe" bride so they could carry on their affair. Diana was driven to other men because she was looking for love and support since was receiving nothing from Charles. Charles cheated first which is why Camilla wouldn't leave and get out of Diana's marriage. Charles encouraged Camilla to continue hanging around. Yes, both Charles and Diana cheated, but the motivation for each of them is the big difference, if that matters. Charles had the institution of the monarchy behind him to overlook his infidelity. Diana was basically on her own until she put her foot down and demanded Camilla get the hell out. The 12-year age difference, views toward adultery and a blind-eye and continuation of the monarchy is a lot of what doomed Diana and Charles. But Diana was a women of her generation. On the other hand, Charles was going by the some old, archaic notion that doing what he was doing without consequences was fine. It wasn't.

If Charles had been committed to his marriage with Diana, she likely would never have cheated. There still may have been problems in their marriage and ultimately it may not have worked. As difficult as marriage is, Camilla's presence added to any difficulties by being an immovable obstacle. Camilla did not belong there. Couples need to work out their differences--or not. But you can't do it when the third party won't get out of the way--and thinks it's fine to stay in the way.

by Anonymousreply 69November 20, 2021 11:02 PM

Bullshit bollocks to your lenghty screed R69. I can't be arsed to read it, but Cam was smitten with Andrew Parker Bowles, not Charles. She was mother to two young children when Charles married. Geez you all are fucking nuts that believe that because they were friends still they were shagging. Diana ruined Julia and Will Carling's marriage way before Charles and Cam hooked up again.

by Anonymousreply 70November 20, 2021 11:08 PM

Diana has been dead for over twenty years now. If the surviving protagonists have dealt with it, why are some of you queens continuing to beat yourselves up in an orgy of self-torture?

Charles and Camilla finally got together. The sum total of human happiness has increased. What’s not to like?

by Anonymousreply 71November 20, 2021 11:13 PM

It’s not torture to talk about how dull Charles drove Diana crazy by cheating with horsey Camilla, it’s quite enjoyable for stale gossip.

by Anonymousreply 72November 20, 2021 11:26 PM

What an ugly fucking cunt. She has always looked 200 years old.

by Anonymousreply 73November 20, 2021 11:34 PM

^^^Oh, dear. Read a book or two on the subject.

by Anonymousreply 74November 21, 2021 12:02 AM

^^ sorry. That was for the Charles hole licker above.

by Anonymousreply 75November 21, 2021 12:05 AM

Even the Queen referred to this human garbage, Camilla, as "that vile woman.". Never forget this.

by Anonymousreply 76November 21, 2021 12:11 AM

Diana fucked bodyguards, butlers, cooks, gardeners, soldiers and doctors, and they tried to paint Camilla as a home-wrecking whore?

by Anonymousreply 77November 21, 2021 12:19 AM

[quote] Do you consider her a hussy and a shameless Jezebel too?

Yes, and much worse.

by Anonymousreply 78November 21, 2021 12:32 AM

We can still love Diana and recognize her faults and mental illness. William and Harry recognize this. There was a time when Diana was obsessed with the option that Charles was having an affair with the kids beloved nanny, Tiggy Legge-Bourke. Diana had received false gossip that Tiggy had aborted Charles kid and stormed into an event to tell her just that.

Tiggy is still a prominent figure in William and Harry's lives. She's at all the major family events.

by Anonymousreply 79November 21, 2021 12:32 AM

Butlers and Soldiers and Doctors - Oh My!

by Anonymousreply 80November 21, 2021 12:39 AM

We can understand Diana was a neurotic mess and still see that Cam is a duplicitous, social-climbing hussy.

by Anonymousreply 81November 21, 2021 12:49 AM

I've told this story before but I met Camilla in person several years ago while she was on a royal tour of Canada with Charles ...I think it was for the Diamond Jubilee. Anyways she is much better looking in person. I think she is one of those people who is just does not "translate" well through the camera. She was also very nice and down to Earth. I was there with my now husband who used to work for Dalton McGuinty, the Premiere of Ontario at the time, at a government reception. They split everyone up into groups of six and then Charles and Camilla went around talking to different groups.

by Anonymousreply 82November 21, 2021 1:52 AM

R81 I actually don't think we can classify Camilla as a social climber. If she was, she would've waited for Charles and pushed him to allow parents to okay her. Instead, she dumped him and married her first husband. It was only after both their marriages broke down that they started thinking about maybe marrying after the Queen Mum was dead. Camilla, allegedly, has never been keen on royal life though she is much more comfortable now that she has ever been.

Lets be real, Charles and Camilla have now been married almost twice as long as Diana and Charles were. They are clearly happy together and good on them.

by Anonymousreply 83November 21, 2021 1:55 AM

Queen Elizabeth Apparently Called Camilla a 'Wicked Woman' Following Affair With Charles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 21, 2021 2:01 AM

[quote] Instead, she dumped him and married her first husband.

Didn't Camilla get married but never stopped fucking around with Charles. Diana found out Camilla and Charles were seeing each other just before her wedding but felt it was too late to back out and like all women Diana thought she could fix Charles.

by Anonymousreply 85November 21, 2021 2:06 AM

Yes. Camilla would have come running if Charles wanted to marry her at the time, but the family didn’t think she was good enough for the position. That’s why she and Charles broke up and she married someone else, not because she didn’t care.

by Anonymousreply 86November 21, 2021 3:04 AM

He fits her like a Tampax.

by Anonymousreply 87November 21, 2021 3:06 AM

[quote] if Charles had been a real man and taken care of Diana like a real wife

Don't be absurd. The Prince and Princess of Wales weren't going to be "real" anything. You must have them confused with a local dentist and his wife in Minot, North Dakota.

by Anonymousreply 88November 21, 2021 4:00 AM

[quote] Diana thought she could fix Charles

Diana expected Charles to fix her. Two damaged people are never going to repair the other.

by Anonymousreply 89November 21, 2021 4:02 AM

All I remember is that the week after Diana's death, my local paper printed a cartoon of people crying in the streets and the caption mockingly read: "Diana, Princess of Wails."

by Anonymousreply 90November 21, 2021 5:17 AM

She's not portrayed well in "Spencer" in a couple scenes. Like a sociopathic cunt.

by Anonymousreply 91November 21, 2021 5:39 AM

Diana was sooo overrated team Camilla here

by Anonymousreply 92November 21, 2021 5:41 AM

R92 What marvelous taste you have, dahling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93November 21, 2021 5:49 AM

[post redacted because independent.co.uk thinks that links to their ridiculous rag are a bad thing. Somebody might want to tell them how the internet works. Or not. We don't really care. They do suck though. Our advice is that you should not click on the link and whatever you do, don't read their truly terrible articles.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94November 21, 2021 5:50 AM

Neigh! She'd prefer a carrot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95November 21, 2021 5:53 AM

[quote]Charles is a narcissist. Diana is alleged to have had borderline personality disorder

For the third time in a row, DIANA WAS NEVER TREATED OR DIAGNOSED WITH BOARDING PERSONALTY DISORDER, The concept of that didn't even exist until after she died and an author took it upon themself to speculate about her which helped sell the book. In fact, that is the one thing the book is criticized for as being totally invented without any facts to back it up. The author was not a professional psychologist.

by Anonymousreply 96November 21, 2021 7:28 AM

[quote]Diana expected Charles to fix her. Two damaged people are never going to repair the other.

Well Duh, she literally was chosen by a real life Prince to marry. Most woman have some kind of deep down fantasy about being rescued by Prince Charming. She literally married a Prince. I would not equate that with being damaged.

by Anonymousreply 97November 21, 2021 7:32 AM

Sorry, but if you are repeatedly calling married men hundreds of times, Glenn Close style in Fatal Attraction, you are borderline. If not by diagnosis, Diana displayed traits. Regardless, I love her, but that doesn't mean she wasn't crazy.

Andrew Parker Bowles was THE cocksman/stallion of the aristo set. Camilla wanted his dick over Charles.

by Anonymousreply 98November 21, 2021 7:32 AM

[quote]Queen Elizabeth Apparently Called Camilla a 'Wicked Woman' Following Affair With Charles

She was right. Unfortunately for her paupers in the kingdom, they have fallen for Camella's evil web of propaganda spread through the land like the black death.

by Anonymousreply 99November 21, 2021 7:35 AM

[quote]Sorry, but if you are repeatedly calling married men hundreds of times, Glenn Close style in Fatal Attraction, you are borderline.

You just described Camilla. Only she did it since the age of 24 until she finally got what she wanted.

by Anonymousreply 100November 21, 2021 7:38 AM

Isn't funny how Camella being older and more mature than Diana at the time was no where to be found during the AIDS crisis?

by Anonymousreply 101November 21, 2021 7:42 AM

It’s amusing to read on a message board full of accounts of one night stands, affairs with married men, and open relationships the moralistic condemnation of Charles. A man with fairly limited freedom in whim he could marry, he ended up with someone highly incompatible who also clearly had some psychological problems and who ended having multiple affairs herself. Yet Charles , in his late thirties, is expected somehow to save the marriage, or if not, live a sexless, unparteneted life for the remainder of his days while his spouse has carte blanche to sleep with as many men, married or unmarried, as she pleases. It is because Charles, unlike 99.5% of Datalaloungers, did not live up to this high moral standard, that he and his current wife deserve to wear a scarlet letter forever.

by Anonymousreply 102November 21, 2021 7:47 AM

So the future King of England has no control over he chose to marry or have sex with? Ha, Ha, What a Pussy!! If you believe that BS you just wrote the monarchy will fall when he becomes King.

The truth is he had all the power, age, money, connections, breeding, experience one could ever have over his bride at the time. To even imply that he was the the victim is someone living in an upside down world.

Anyone in their late 30's is already past their prime, so YES he should have been mature enough to enter in an adult relationship and deal with its ups and down starting with ending the long running affair he had going into the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 103November 21, 2021 7:58 AM

If Charles had taken up with a mistress after his marriage was a few years old and they both were starting to branch out, so to speak, that would have been one thing, but instead he and Camilla kept sleeping together even after she got married, then after he got married as well. They apparently told Camilla's husband but lied to Diana about it, who was a teenager at the time he started thinking about marrying her. She went into the marriage unaware of what was in store.

I rarely see anyone say their problem is ONLY that he cheated, it's that the entire scenario was pretty grim and tasteless, and could have been solved had Charles just not been a pussy and married Camilla in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 104November 21, 2021 8:00 AM

Hi, Charles at R102. So glad to see you aren’t living that “unparteneted” life.

by Anonymousreply 105November 21, 2021 8:01 AM

We’re all armchair heroes. Yes, I’m sure that if you were in Charles’ shoes you would have defied all public opinion and law regarding whom you would marry, consequences be damned. If you were prince charles, I’m sure you would also find yourself overwhelmed with compatible people who want to live with the life-long scrutiny and limitations of royal life. And yes, infidelity and divorce are exceedingly rare outside of royal circles. And yes it’s a lie that Diana had affairs with married men as well. And yes most people are happy being celibate and alone after their late 30s. I think people that age rarely have sex or companionship. You certainly don’t see them on dating apps.

by Anonymousreply 106November 21, 2021 8:15 AM

[quote]We’re all armchair heroes

Look in the mirror Dear. NO we would not all be like Charles in that situation. He's a weak, narcissistic, socially afoul spoiled man child. Most men in is position step up the the plate and deal with the hand they are dealt. Even if their affections lie somewhere else. He just didn't care. He wasn't honest with his bride to be, his wife or the mother of his children. Afraid to break it off with Camilla to at least try to make his new marriage work. Thats the sign of a weak man.

by Anonymousreply 107November 21, 2021 8:24 AM

[quote] And yes most people are happy being celibate and alone after their late 30s. I think people that age rarely have sex or companionship. You certainly don’t see them on dating apps.

WHAT! I have been doing it all wrong then.

You must actually be Camilla or some other old Frau. I am in my 50's and still have an active sex life. No I am not on apps because I don't need them. That dose not mean people over 30 are not having sex. Seriously, I cant believe you even think that.

by Anonymousreply 108November 21, 2021 8:28 AM

R107. Yea, you would have rescued Jews during the Holocaust as well and served as an escort on the Underground Railroad. And no doubt you’ve had only one sex partner over the last several decades.

by Anonymousreply 109November 21, 2021 8:40 AM

[quote]Yea, you would have rescued Jews during the Holocaust as well and served as an escort on the Underground Railroad. And no doubt you’ve had only one sex partner over the last several decades.

Oh Charles you are so dramatic. Saving the Jews is not the same as saving your marriage.

by Anonymousreply 110November 21, 2021 8:44 AM

Haha. I’m far from a Charles admirer, but I’m definitely a Diana detractor, not because she was necessarily that much worse than Charles but because she’s been the object of hyper royalist reverence, unlike Charles. It’s the Disney Princess, Grimms fairy tale view of her that’s irritating. It was absurd and nauseating 30 years ago and even more so now. Neither she nor Charles was a special being. They both had messy lives with divorce and infidelity Charles is self pitying and pampered in his private life. She was grandiose, unbalanced, and hypocritical. She’s not a saint and Camilla’s not a villain by any stretch.

by Anonymousreply 111November 21, 2021 9:00 AM

[quote] Camilla’s not a villain

No without her title she is what most people call trash.

by Anonymousreply 112November 21, 2021 9:30 AM

[quote]Neither she nor Charles was a special being. They both had messy lives with divorce and infidelity Charles is self pitying and pampered in his private life. She was grandiose, unbalanced.

Nope, sorry, not playing they were both the same game. Diana was a naive 19 year girl when they got married, Charles was a 30 something man with power, wealth, connections and understood how the press worked. She was not unbalance, that has never been documented, diagnosed or confirmed by anyone. That's your OPINION of someone you never even met. Based off of what? Media articles?

And as a person she was in fact "better" if you compare apples with apples. When did Charles visit people dying of AIDS in his country? When did he stick up for the poor or woman who were battered or a whole lot of things that someone who actually cares about people would do? Not saying she was perfect, but just based on her actions and not news rag gossip she was a far better person than he is even today.

by Anonymousreply 113November 21, 2021 9:38 AM

Yes. She is quite a deficient human being compared to most.

by Anonymousreply 114November 21, 2021 9:38 AM

I see my question keeps going unanswered, so what did Camilla do during the AIDS Crisis?

What did Charles do during the AIDS Crisis?

by Anonymousreply 115November 21, 2021 9:44 AM

[quote] "We've still got a lot of snap in our celery"

By SNAP she means a CRUSTY TAMPON.

by Anonymousreply 116November 21, 2021 9:46 AM

R113. Have you heard of the prince’s trust?

I’m not relying on her private behaviour. She said in an interview that she wanted to be Queen of Hearts. Isn’t that weird and grandiose?

She criticised her husband’s adultery on a televised interview, saying that there were three parties in the marriage. Did she go on to say, but I have also been a third party in other people’s marriages, but Charles is worse because….? No she didn’t. So that is the hypocrisy.

As for unbalanced, there is the suicide and her ending her days with someone like Dodi.

She also wasn’t a 19 year old virgin when she slept with other men’s husbands. She was considerably older than that.

She was an ordinary person with lots of problems. She did help some people, just as her husband did.

by Anonymousreply 117November 21, 2021 9:46 AM

Other women’s husbands…

by Anonymousreply 118November 21, 2021 9:47 AM

I just don't understand how Charles even found Camilla attractive? As a 30 year old Prince, he could have had any woman in the city. He chose the horse.

by Anonymousreply 119November 21, 2021 9:48 AM

[quote]I’m not relying on her private behaviour. She said in an interview that she wanted to be Queen of Hearts. Isn’t that weird and grandiose?

No, they expected her to have a job. That sounds a lot better to me than wanting to be evil queen or price douche bag.

by Anonymousreply 120November 21, 2021 9:51 AM

Damn it would have been magnificent to see Diana become Queen. She would have been gorgeous and fun. And Harry wouldn't be adrift ar sea. Could have been glorious.

by Anonymousreply 121November 21, 2021 9:52 AM

[quote]She also wasn’t a 19 year old virgin when she slept with other men’s husbands. She was considerably older than that.

Because by that point she realized she was trapped in a marriage that was a lie. She wasn't like that before Charles. He basically forced her into a corner. You cant leave but I wont touch you and I have a mistress on the side so deal with it. Who wouldn't say fuck it at that point?

by Anonymousreply 122November 21, 2021 9:53 AM

Being Queen of Hearts is an actual job?

by Anonymousreply 123November 21, 2021 9:53 AM

Read between the lines R123. Bringing good will to the Monarchy is yes in fact a job. She in fact saved them from themselves by doing those things. And they would not have a modern Prince William who the people like to keep it going.

by Anonymousreply 124November 21, 2021 9:56 AM

I see my question keeps going unanswered, so what did Camilla do during the AIDS Crisis?

What did Charles do during the AIDS Crisis?

Still Waiting, and waiting, and waiting.

by Anonymousreply 125November 21, 2021 9:58 AM

[quote] In the 1990s, she was hated and polled as the most unpopular woman in Britain.

She is the most well known whore in the entire world. They know all about her in every country

by Anonymousreply 126November 21, 2021 9:59 AM

Yes. You also have to give her credit for Prince Harry if you give her credit for prince William. In addition, the royal family was not exactly struggling to survive between Diana’s death and William’s assumption of active royal duties.

by Anonymousreply 127November 21, 2021 10:01 AM

Camilla was a private citizen during the AIDS crisis. Like most private citizens she probably did very little about it. Certainly it would have been weird if, as a private citizen, she had assembled a film crew to record her interacting with aids patients.

by Anonymousreply 128November 21, 2021 10:03 AM

I do give her credit for Prince Harry. He's one of the most normal acting person in that family. I applaud him for leaving a toxic environment. I know, something you Charles fans could never ever in a million years fathom.

by Anonymousreply 129November 21, 2021 10:06 AM

Yes. The monarchy would never have moved with the times if Diana hadn’t existed. In fact the current Queen would be conducting herself like Queen Victoria if the Queen Mother hadn’t existed.

by Anonymousreply 130November 21, 2021 10:09 AM

[quote]Camilla was a private citizen during the AIDS crisis

That's bull shit. She was already WELL KNOWN in the press for her obsession with Charles and their affairs even before Diana. She was a public figure by then. Not only that, she was from a rich family who had the means to do something about it. Her grandmothers, Alice Keppel, was a mistress of King Edward VII. She was already moving in the same circles as the Royals.

by Anonymousreply 131November 21, 2021 10:12 AM

So you’re saying the Diana worshippers would have welcomed her making herself a parallel royal and that she remiss for not doing that?

Is every friend or girlfriend of a royal supposed to inject himself or herself into public life?

by Anonymousreply 132November 21, 2021 10:15 AM

Hello. I’m Camilla, the Prince of Wales’ official mistress. I’m here today to promote understanding of the AIDS crisis.,,.

by Anonymousreply 133November 21, 2021 10:19 AM

Camilla injected herself into the public eye anyway, actually in a quite insulting way so that the press would talk about it while Diana was not there. That's pretty fucking rude. Moving in on someone's husband right in plane sight. Not even trying to hide it really. That's why people hated her and thought she was and still is a whore in many people's minds.

Funny how the only things she card about being seen doing publicly was ruining a marriage and not doing anything of good will like the person she wanted to steal her husband from.

by Anonymousreply 134November 21, 2021 10:19 AM

Camilla didn't do anything about Aids. She was a private citizen. What did you expect her to do? Besides she was way to busy abandoning her children for half the week so she could live with Charles at the Wales country house.

Diana and the kids would leave on Sunday night to go back to London and Camilla would show up 15 minutes later. Then Camilla would leave on Friday afternoon before Diana got there. Camilla actually used to host dinners for 10 to 20 guests and she acted as if it were her own house. The servants were ordered to lie to Diana and not mention a word about Camilla living there half of the week

That's what pissed off Diana. The fact that Charles had his mistress living in their house, hosting dinner parties as if she were the lady of the manor

And when Diana dared to say "he's cheating on me', they gaslit her and she was mentally ill and imagining it.

by Anonymousreply 135November 21, 2021 10:20 AM

Wouldn't it be ironic if Charles was caught with an even uglier prostitute than Camilla?

by Anonymousreply 136November 21, 2021 10:20 AM

[quote] That's what pissed off Diana. The fact that Charles had his mistress living in their house, hosting dinner parties as if she were the lady of the manor. And when Diana dared to say "he's cheating on me', they gaslit her and she was mentally ill and imagining it.

EXACTLY. And now they are trying to do that with the rest of the public. "Oh, she was mentally ill, borderline, bla, bla bla" NO SHE WAS NOT. Sorry, facts don't lie she was never diagnosed for having that or even hinted about it. Not even her close friends would say that about her. That is a ROYAL lie, it all came from one book someone wrote about her.

by Anonymousreply 137November 21, 2021 10:25 AM

R136. Impossible

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138November 21, 2021 10:31 AM

Yes. Unless you did something about the aids crisis, you pretty much should have been condemned to death. It was the one and only issue of merit at that time. Diana wins!

by Anonymousreply 139November 21, 2021 1:34 PM

The UK press attacks anybody that will sell their headlines so you can't blame Camilla or Charles unless you have proof. Implying that they broadcast propaganda to air out their family drama seems like a stretch to me. Charles is an Englishman that I can admire - he's promoted Environmentalism and has always been a respectful foreign dignitary in his travels abroad. He's taken most of the heat from the public while sticking with Camilla through all of the insanity and allowing his two sons to have successful lives.

by Anonymousreply 140November 21, 2021 2:19 PM

[quote] Unless you did something about the aids crisis, you pretty much should have been condemned to death. It was the one and only issue of merit at that time.

Clueless to say this here, of all places.

by Anonymousreply 141November 21, 2021 2:22 PM

Yes. Because what affects people on this board is the only thing of merit

by Anonymousreply 142November 21, 2021 2:29 PM

I think one of the huge problems for Diana was the vast age difference between she and Charles. When you are 19, your view of love, romance, life, what is fair/unfair so differently than you would at 30. In the aristocratic set, especially marrying the future king, it was always my understanding that both husband and wife were to always turn a blind eye to these indiscretions. It seems that Royal couples often live somewhat separate lives, with separate sleeping quarters and that their marriages are more of a business arrangement. That would be hard for someone like Diana to comprehend, with her Barbara Cartwright view of relationships. I am sure that Kate turns a blind eye. This is the problem with rushed marriages, both Diana and Meghan. The difference is that Diana grew up in this world so she would have had a better understanding of how this all works.

I have no doubt that based on the Cambridges length of courtship and success thus far, George (and Charlotte's) partners will be heavily vetted before they walk down the aisle.

by Anonymousreply 143November 21, 2021 4:26 PM

In retrospect, Charles and Diana should never have married to begin with. It's shocking to think that even in the late-70s and early 80s, there was still the expectation that Charles needed to marry a virgin and even more shocking that very little was made of the fact that Diana was only 19. Diana had many fine qualities and to her credit did a lot to bring a much more empathetic touch to royal duties. I mean her work with AIDS patients are the height of her legacy as Princess of Wales. That being said, Charles gets too much blame for the breakdown of the marriage. Diana had mental health issues coupled with an unhappy childhood. Charles himself was also screwed up due to a distant mother and overbearing father. He needed a more 'traditional' wife who would 'stand by her man' and allow him to shine. Diana, probably due to her childhood, craved attention and it was a match made in hell. Diana was not only 19, she was a very young 19 and was not exactly book smart.

When Diana was alive, the press buried a lot of her own issues and misdeeds because she sold papers and magazines. In the months leading up to her death, however, her popularity was waning in the UK. Had she not died when she did I do think over time she would have become a more controversial and less beloved figure. I even think is she were alive today, she'd probably be far less relevant. I honestly think that had she lived Charles and Camilla still would have gotten married but not until Diana herself remarried (for some reasons I feel like Diana would have remarried more than once).

R143 In fairness, it should be pointed out that virtually all upper-class married couples had separate bedrooms (some still do), it was the done thing. Philip and the Queen had adjoining rooms as I believe Camilla and Charles do. William and Catherine (according to reports from when they are in tour) sleep in the same bed. I'm not saying that a lot of royal marriage weren't effectively business arrangements but that's not always the case: King George V and Queen Mary had a very happy marriage but separate rooms, George VI and Queen Mum same, and The Queen and Prince Philip, etc.. It's an upper class thing, they have the space. In all honesty, I am happily partnered (have been for 15 years) but I sometimes sleep in the guest room because my hubby's snoring (and occasional farting) drives me nuts.

by Anonymousreply 144November 21, 2021 4:52 PM

It is surprising that her young age caused so little concern at the time. It’s hard to see how it could have been a success. In the other hand, it was considered important at the time that she not have an extensive romantic past. It was a transitional time when many women were in fact having relationships outside of marriage but publicly acknowledging it was still a bit of a taboo. That is one reason why he ended up with such a young bride.

by Anonymousreply 145November 21, 2021 4:53 PM

[quote]Yes. Unless you did something about the aids crisis, you pretty much should have been condemned to death. It was the one and only issue of merit at that time. Diana wins!

Hi Camilla.

Look, the point which went right over your head is that in a position of public notoriety you have the ability to do something good for people or for yourself. Lots of celebrities did that at the time. You keeps saying they were all equally bad people. So the AIDS crisis was an example how they were very different people. But apparent as an out of touch Royal you cant get that. You were to busy stalking the married prince like fatal attraction. Typical.

by Anonymousreply 146November 21, 2021 5:04 PM

Diana has been dead for 24 years. She and Charles were divorced 25 years ago. Charles and Camilla have been married for 16 years.

May I suggest that you all let it go and move on?

by Anonymousreply 147November 21, 2021 6:18 PM

Hi R146. I had a chance to talk to Camille. She admits it did go over her head., but that could be because she is so forgetful at her age and has such notoriously bad judgment. Rest assured she agrees that what Charles has done for disadvantaged youth really doesn’t count and that Diana is superior to both Charles and her

She also regretfully acknowledges that she did virtually NOTHING fir charity, aids-related. or not, in the 1980s and 1990s. At first she saw no shame in this, but she now realises that was wrong. She believes this can be explained—-although of course not excused—- by her vague memory. She now realises she probably was married to Charles during the Aids crisis and that she therefore held a high public title and received public funding every bit as much as Diana. Based on this mistaken recollection she had incorrectly assumed she was a self-supporting private citizen who was not expected to perform any functions for the public good, as would have been expected of Charles and Diana.

She is checking the dates to see if this is in fact what happened. However, her neglectful conduct could also resulted arisen from her total lack of propriety . She thinks that if she in fact was not married to Charles at the time she still had an obligation to do unpaid charitable work based on the fact that she was a notorious person. Given her poor judgment she had assumed the British public would have found it weird, presumptuous and insulting to Diana for her to take on a public role just because she was sleeping with the prince of Wales. She also felt that because she was vilified for being in a relationship with Charles aids charities might not view her as an effective spokesperson, but she now realised she was wrong.

I must say that I too found it bizarre that being the mistress of a famous person imposed an obligation to perform charitable work. I simply never recalled that happening before but, then again, I do share many of Camilla’s failings. In retrospect I recall the work Monica Lewinsky did for the crack cocaine epidemic, the role Judith Campbell Exner played in the In the civil rights movement, and Missy Lehand’s work to alleviate the effects of the Great Depression . Therefore, although she is not sure of the exact nature of their relationships to the royal family, she has instructed Philip’s carriage driving partner and Rose Hansbury to undertake charitable work immediately to be on the safe side and to avoid the guilt and reproach that attaches to her own behaviour.

In conclusion, Camilla apologises for being such a forgetful selfish slut. Camilla agrees, however, with R147.that it would be best in light of her profuse apologies that we leave all this in the distant past now. Although it is galling that we have to tolerate such a thoughtless whore at the centre of British public life for the next couple of decades, she does hope the British people can take comfort in the fact that Dodi and Diana are reigning in heaven as the rightful king and queen of the United Kingdom and true King and Queen of Hearts, that they are daily bathed in the comfort of little Archie’s and lilibet’s prayers, and that Dodi and Diana are more in love than ever, although dreading the eventual heavenward journey of James Hewitt, whom Diana adored.

by Anonymousreply 148November 21, 2021 8:49 PM

[Quote]May I suggest that you all let it go and move on?

LMAO. Where do you think you are?

I was a Uni student in London when Diana died. I'm not even a Brit and I loathe Hag Camilla. All this goes to Charles' and Camilla's character. It was a crazy time and if you lived it and you were old enough to witness it you know this cunt will never be fully accepted She'll get shredded in history books, as well

by Anonymousreply 149November 22, 2021 12:44 AM

R147 here R149. I too, was a University student in 1997. By 1997 Diana was an embarrassment what with posing for paparazzi on the cote d’azur and doing blue-eyeshadowed media shots during Hasnat Khan’s operations.

I’ve also encountered Camilla twice since then - one professionally and once in a personal capacity.

Both times she was warm, genuine and pretty much unaffected. I’m sure that if I had met Diana I would have been equally charmed, as that was her job.

Life is messy. People do things that they subsequently regret. Calling someone who you don’t know a “cunt” because of something that they did to someone who you don’t know a quarter century ago says rather more about you than it does about her.

by Anonymousreply 150November 22, 2021 1:34 AM

^^ Why yes, it does, doesn't it? Keep licking Hag Camilla's twat. It might get you a BP invite. I've had 2 so far.

by Anonymousreply 151November 22, 2021 1:38 AM

[quote]She thinks that if she in fact was not married to Charles at the time she still had an obligation to do unpaid charitable work.

Yes Camilla charity work is usually done for free. That's why it's called charity.

by Anonymousreply 152November 22, 2021 5:05 AM

[quote]Diana has been dead for 24 years.

So has been Camilla, have you seen her face lately?

by Anonymousreply 153November 22, 2021 5:07 AM

[quote]In retrospect, Charles and Diana should never have married

Agree, but who proposed to who? Charles went into it knowing what he was doing at that point continuing an on going relationship without ever planning on ending it and giving his new marriage a chance. Diana had no clue at that point what she was getting into. Most people end their past romances once they decide to get married. Gee what could go wrong? Talk about major mental illness on display right there.

by Anonymousreply 154November 22, 2021 5:11 AM

LOL r133!

This idea that Camilla--then a private citizen--was morally obligated to insert herself into the AIDS crisis somehow is probably the stupidest self-righteous demand I've ever heard on DL (and I've heard plenty).

Dataloungers can be fucking nuts sometimes...

by Anonymousreply 155November 22, 2021 5:18 AM

R149. We can agree it was a crazy time.

by Anonymousreply 156November 22, 2021 6:14 AM

R222. Yes, because having been damaged by her husband’s infidelity, her natural, saintly impulse was to go and sleep with other women’s husbands.

by Anonymousreply 157November 22, 2021 8:43 AM

[quote]This idea that Camilla--then a private citizen--was morally obligated to insert herself into the AIDS crisis

Stop trying to gaslight us, she was a public figure at that point. Her name appeared in the tabloids did they not? She had an ongoing relationship with Charles which the paparazzi detailed did they not? Once you become tabloid fodder you ARE a public figure. It's not like she avoided the press.

Your excuses for her are ludicrous. Who said you have to be a public figure to care about people with AIDS? Many, many people helped with the cause back then that are totally unknown. Did she volunteers to deliver food for example? I know regular people who did that back then. Every hear of Project Angle Food? Most of that work was done by people of average means who just cared about their fellow countryman.

by Anonymousreply 158November 22, 2021 8:57 AM

Yes. That was the original point I made. Every private citizen who was not immoral should have been doing as much for the aids crisis as Diana did in her publicly funded role and the moment you get in the news that responsibility only increases. Anyone who didn’t do something about aids, even if working in another cause, was essentially worthless

by Anonymousreply 159November 22, 2021 9:03 AM

Camilla was certainly worthless R159.

You are on a GAY chat board, things like AIDS actually affected our community big time. To play that down as drama which is what you are doing with your snarky remarks about people being worthless if they didn't help speaks volumes about your justification for a worthless Royal wannabe Camilla.

She was not just some commoner. She was a public figure from a wealthy family. Her public affair with Charles date way back. Can any woman just call up Prince Charles and ask for a date? Is that how it worked? You know just a "private citizen" working as a common secretary?

It matters not if she was paid, the point of charity is to give of yourself. Diana did what she could in her roll and Camilla didn't lift a finger with her wealth and public status or as a private citizen. Even now that she is officially a Royal, has she done anything about it other than attending parties and praising Elton John or other people for doing that kind of work? Or is she too busy drinking, smoking cigarettes and making Prince Charles the snap in her tampon.

by Anonymousreply 160November 22, 2021 9:25 AM

And don't forget Camilla cuckold her husband at the time. He was a military officer and she brought great shame on him. Article from 1995.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161November 22, 2021 10:35 AM

Can you imagine how fugly the kids would be if Camilla was able to have children? Can you have that much inbred DNA in one family?

by Anonymousreply 162November 22, 2021 10:40 AM

R161.fortunately Diana never slept with married men. Otherwise she’d be a shameful skit too.

by Anonymousreply 163November 22, 2021 10:42 AM

Diana never slept with married men until AFTER it was OBVIOUS her husband was CHEATING ON HER. Pretty much what most woman do if they feel trapped in what was a lie from their partner from the start.

by Anonymousreply 164November 22, 2021 11:09 AM

That’s similar to my aunt’s situation. She was initially upset that her husband was having an affair with another woman. Her husband, however, clarified that the affair began AFTER the other woman’s husband was unfaithful to her. Once that was explained, my aunt welcomed and even enjoyed his adultère.

by Anonymousreply 165November 22, 2021 11:17 AM

The whole thing was a mess—and frankly a mess that’s played out in different ways in many marriages. I know several people today having affairs for different reasons. And in my lifetime, a ton of married people over the years, most of whom divorced. Theirs were played out in the media so we go back and forth about how damaged they are, but in truth, they’re pretty average as far as couples who married the wrong people. Which they totally did, for whatever reasons.

by Anonymousreply 166November 22, 2021 12:26 PM

[quote] In fairness, it should be pointed out that virtually all upper-class married couples had separate bedrooms (some still do), it was the done thing.

But none of them moves their mistress into the family home, like Charles did

He's a fucking piece of shit. He didn't give 2 shits about his kids. In fact it got so bad the newspapers had a daily tally for how many he hadn't seen his children. He was with his girlfriend . He didn't see them for 2 months. He didn't care if they lived or died. And he proved that when he couldn't be bothered to see his son who was undergoing brain surgery, because he had tickets to the opera

by Anonymousreply 167November 22, 2021 4:07 PM

[quote] And don't forget Camilla cuckold her husband at the time. He was a military officer and she brought great shame on him. Article from 1995.

He was proud of it

by Anonymousreply 168November 22, 2021 4:09 PM

Twenty five years ago. Let it go and move on.

by Anonymousreply 169November 22, 2021 5:15 PM

R168, Ummm, what?? No way. No effing way.

by Anonymousreply 170November 22, 2021 5:19 PM

But the Diana worshippers are too amusingly obsessive to leave in peace.

by Anonymousreply 171November 22, 2021 5:44 PM

[quote] Every private citizen who was not immoral should have been doing as much for the aids crisis as Diana did in her publicly funded role and the moment you get in the news that responsibility only increases. Anyone who didn’t do something about aids, even if working in another cause, was essentially worthless

And what are you yourself as a private citizen doing right now for the COVID crisis? It's killed far more in the last two years than AIDS has in that same amount of time.

Given your expectations, it's clear that as a private citizen you should be doing as much for COVID as Diana did for AIDS. Otherwise, even if working for another cause, you are essentially worthless.

by Anonymousreply 172November 22, 2021 5:49 PM

Apart from a few photo ops with AIDS patients, what else did the Princess of Wales do for the cause?

by Anonymousreply 173November 22, 2021 6:36 PM

Well, r173, that was pretty huge. She may not have done anything else, but what she did had enormous influence.

by Anonymousreply 174November 22, 2021 7:07 PM

R173 - I remember landmines and the homeless.

by Anonymousreply 175November 22, 2021 8:11 PM

Why did people even respond to the non sequitur AIDS troll? Gah.

by Anonymousreply 176November 22, 2021 9:42 PM

AIDS Trolls? So now we cant bring up history on a gay chat board? Who the fuck are you? I am really starting to think Camilla is actually posting here on behalf of herself.

by Anonymousreply 177November 23, 2021 6:03 AM

Diana shined a light on a lot of issues that needed attention. Be it AIDS, Homelessness, Land mines, while Charles was busy masturbating about being a horses tampon.

by Anonymousreply 178November 23, 2021 6:04 AM

Prince Charles was the mentally ill one in the relationship. He attended sessions with Dr. Alan McGlashan for 14 years!

by Anonymousreply 179November 23, 2021 6:07 AM

By my count, forty-three of the posts on this thread belong to the Crazy AIDS Troll.

Many of them are accusing various people of being Camilla (as if she would post here).

by Anonymousreply 180November 23, 2021 6:52 AM

I think the rest are from me, antagonising the crazy aids troll.

by Anonymousreply 181November 23, 2021 7:41 AM

So you are the Camilla Troll, then. Odd how you think AIDS is a joke.

by Anonymousreply 182November 23, 2021 8:02 AM

I wasn’t the Camilla troll until you addressed me as Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 183November 23, 2021 8:05 AM

Someone here is a Camilla Troll, the excuses about her are so dismissive of everything she did, like a person with a very convenient memory. Or trying to pain a picture that they were all equally bad when it's clear 2 out of those three adults were way into it deeper than the one they picked on. Two adults in their 30's should know better than one who is 18. Blind the the fact this is a gay board.

by Anonymousreply 184November 23, 2021 8:16 AM

You type too much, r184.

by Anonymousreply 185November 23, 2021 8:18 AM

Its a text based chat R185, not snap chat.

by Anonymousreply 186November 23, 2021 8:26 AM

Why didn't the AIDS troll ask about Princess Charlene of Monaco, formerly from South Africa, and now in some rehab center? So selfish, not doing jack shit for her home country, an AIDS epicenter, instead selfishly pursuing health goals in a hospital-like setting. What a fucking bitch.

by Anonymousreply 187November 23, 2021 8:42 AM

Girls, can we just agree Camilla and Diana can both be hime wrecking whores and call it a day ?

by Anonymousreply 188November 23, 2021 8:47 AM

Imagine kissing that upper lip...

by Anonymousreply 189November 23, 2021 9:05 AM

No I cannot agree they were both whores R188. That's exactly what the Crown wants. Camilla will never be a Diana. She will be forgotten in history once she crocks and remember for nothing other than being Charles mistress and homewrecker to his first marriage. Diana will be remembers as the Princess of the people, the one everyone loved. In fact she already has.

by Anonymousreply 190November 23, 2021 9:51 AM

The poster on here joking and dismissive of AIDS because she doesn’t want Camilla to look bad is the very definition of a Frau. Comparing AIDS to covid…if you knew even one person who died of AIDS in the 80s you wouldn’t dare open your idiot mouth.

by Anonymousreply 191November 23, 2021 10:06 AM

Being a Diana worshipper is definitely not Frauish

by Anonymousreply 192November 23, 2021 10:22 AM

R191 + 1

by Anonymousreply 193November 27, 2021 9:56 AM

Isnt it funny how the Camilla worshiper likes to compare a young woman of 19, with a 35 year old middle aged woman as both equals when it comes to their bad choices? Sorry but someone 35 should know a lot better to not intentionally engage in a sexual relationship with a newly married man unless you have ZERO empathy for anyone but yourself. They are not two sides of the same coin. It's a false narrative.

Diana was an actual virgin when she met Charles, Camillia had been around the blocks several times, practically the town bike, everyone has had a ride. She should have known better and acted with a little more dignity and class. But I guess that's too much to ask someone who was already a heavy smoking, boozing middle aged whore.

by Anonymousreply 194November 27, 2021 10:12 AM

Diana as. Middle aged woman slept with multiple married men. That is the way in which the two women are exactly identical and why it is just as absurd to worship Diana as it os to worship Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 195November 27, 2021 10:17 AM

R8, Who says "Diana cheated first"? Charles took his Camilla cufflinks on his honeymoon! SHE was the blonde seen with Charles the night before the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 196November 27, 2021 10:44 AM

Nobody knows what went on in the marriage and who cheated first. That’s why it’s absurd to lionise one party over the other.

by Anonymousreply 197November 27, 2021 10:58 AM

[quote]Diana as. Middle aged woman slept with multiple married men. That is the way in which the two women are exactly identical

Diana didn't sleep with some guy who just got married you stupid twat, that's why it's NOT the same. Lots of men cheat on their wives later on in years, usually when the marriage had been on the rocks for a long time. Charles and Camilla never stopped their secret fuck fest before, during or after the marriage. Diana never went after the guy with the intent of replacing the wife so she could be queen. Very different motives and also very different times. Camilla was basically unacceptable trash at the time, that's why Charles married Diana, he needed his new wife to be a virgin.

by Anonymousreply 198November 27, 2021 11:13 AM

Ah ok. Some many subtleties to to take into account. I wasn’t aware of all these really important distinctions. If the wives of Diana’s lovers didn’t send thank you notes to Diana, that would be quite disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 199November 27, 2021 11:24 AM

Yes R199 there are subtleties in relationships. How clueless are you? There is a difference between someone already ending a relationship and someone actively trying to destroy one like Camilla. Please do tell me how many times Diana went to the the other woman's house while she was gone and threw parties that were covered in the press all while lying about there not being sexually involved?

by Anonymousreply 200November 27, 2021 11:45 PM

Diana did things for people the first years of being Princess that Camilla never did. That old horse is now married to the Price for 15 years, so what good has she actually done for the people in all that time?

by Anonymousreply 201November 27, 2021 11:46 PM

Come on, r201; don't be disingenuous. Camilla would not have been welcomed. EOS.

by Anonymousreply 202November 30, 2021 10:50 AM

So she broke a hip?

by Anonymousreply 203November 30, 2021 10:54 AM

So she cant take what she dishes out?

"Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall let out her rage at her former husband Andrew Parker Bowles by harming his car"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204November 30, 2021 11:29 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!