Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

It's me, the Galloping Gourmet! I'm back in time for Turkey Day!!

Good afternoon all! GG here. I have been in an LTR for the past 2 years -- odd timing with COVID -- and have been happily nesting and cooking up a storm. This Thanksgiving, we will be hosting my partner's parents, sister, and husband! Everyone is triple-vaxed and it feels safe. Of course, I would like to roll out the red culinary carpet.

I will serve turkey but, truthfully, I think it's a paltry poultry! Tasteless and bland! To spice things up, I'm doing a butternut squash lasagne with hazelnuts, green bean almondine, butter-glazed honey biscuits, maple carrots, oysters on the half shell, and definitely cornbread stuffing with a Tabasco cream sauce and candied cranberries! Relish tray with all the fixings too.

Dessert is a pip: apple cheddar pie, pecan pie, and of course my famous PB FUDGE pie!!!!

My question is -- should I serve martinis ice cold from a martini cart or offer wine. Wine gives me a horrible headache, but I do know some guests prefer it. I'm so excited to get cooking!

by Anonymousreply 14November 25, 2021 6:05 PM

Serve one round of martinis as a festive kick-off, and plan for wine after that. And Sauternes or champagne with dessert.

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2021 5:02 PM

Will there be a Clash of the Titans when Greg shows up?

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2021 5:19 PM

Didn’t you hear? Greg is dead. Dead.DEAD.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2021 9:42 PM

I hope you use just as much clarified butter as you did in 1968, Graham. Your recipes would make Julia Child shit the bed with so much grease.

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2021 10:07 PM

Martinis during the arrival stage, wines during dinner, port with the fruit and cheese, Armagnac after with the cigars.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2021 11:18 PM

Eyjjje Gormet?

Sheeeszh DEAD, honey. DEAD.

by Anonymousreply 6November 21, 2021 12:04 AM

Greg is DEAD

by Anonymousreply 7November 21, 2021 11:47 PM

Thanks all, I didn't even consider port or chutney! Getting fig jam now in the Vil!!

by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2021 3:08 PM

Graham, you're one of a kind. I used to watch you when I was very young. I always enjoyed your broadcasts.

by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2021 6:56 PM

Without prunes, why should I give a shit?

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2021 6:59 PM

Greg is DEAD

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2021 6:12 PM

Without prunes, r10, how [italic]can[/italic] you give a shit?

by Anonymousreply 12November 24, 2021 8:05 PM

Who is Greg?

by Anonymousreply 13November 24, 2021 8:08 PM

Greg is no longer a person, just some blown up remains of a human, cod, prunes, ragu and Bchamel.

by Anonymousreply 14November 25, 2021 6:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!