Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Anne Heche OK? Bizarre interview yesterday!

she was talking VERY fast and babbling. Most interesting thing she said IMO was "Ellen was standing up for the right to be respected 100% for how you were born. I was saying I deserve to be respected and so does everybody else 100% to choose what I want to choose in this life. "

I was only a kid in the 90s when she first got famous but is she always like this ? I think she means well but she seems a little nutty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103May 20, 2022 5:38 AM

She seems like she’s on something

by Anonymousreply 1November 20, 2021 2:35 AM

Isn't she undiagnosed? Remember all the Celestia stuff.

When she was in Proof on Broadway I was walking down that street and heard a REALLY loud but familiar voice. I looked around and it was her talking to some people by the stagedoor. What was odd was that it wasn't post-show. It was like midday. It must have been someone she knew but still it seemed odd that a famous person would stand in front of their theater bringing attention to themselves.

She was so loud even if you didn't think the voice sounded familiar like I did I think most people still would have looked at her.

by Anonymousreply 2November 20, 2021 2:36 AM

She's a nutcase, but also a very good actor.

by Anonymousreply 3November 20, 2021 2:37 AM

Anne Heche has NEVER been OK.

by Anonymousreply 4November 20, 2021 2:42 AM

true r3. She was great in Proof.

(and Birth with Nicole Kidman.)

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2021 2:44 AM

Anne Heche was not "blacklisted for coming out". Most people didn't even believe she was a real lesbian. It is true that a lot of producers wouldn't work with her, but it was because she was crazy, not because she was out.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2021 2:45 AM

The first thing I ever saw her in was "Another World"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2021 2:46 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2021 2:48 AM

[quote] a very good actor.

Thank God.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2021 2:51 AM

She's so speedy I almost can't keep up, like she's talking in French or something.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2021 2:55 AM

Sorry. I don't think she was ever OK. Wierdo.

by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2021 3:05 AM

High as a kite. Could only take a few seconds, but never have been a fan.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2021 3:13 AM

High or bipolar.

by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2021 3:14 AM

[quote]High or bipolar.

Hipolar?

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2021 3:16 AM

She’s smart but seems like she is on meth.

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2021 3:17 AM

Probably Aderall. She's reed thin. Who could possibly tolerate her more than 5 minutes? Demonic.

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2021 3:22 AM

Anne being normal would be a real cause for concern.

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2021 3:28 AM

Say what you want about her but she is smart and it’s interesting to hear her speak.

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2021 3:34 AM

Mental

by Anonymousreply 19November 20, 2021 3:36 AM

She is a gemini just like Trump and Angelina Jolie.

by Anonymousreply 20November 20, 2021 3:37 AM

Perfectly normal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 20, 2021 3:41 AM

Cringe inducing appearance. The hostesses are also freaking loud and over animated. Anne makes sense but she is speaks so quickly it all sounds like a word salad.

by Anonymousreply 22November 20, 2021 3:51 AM

she is speaking so quickly

by Anonymousreply 23November 20, 2021 3:53 AM

Call her crazy

by Anonymousreply 24November 20, 2021 3:58 AM

1. Cocaine

2. She's nuts regardless of #1

3. See #1 & #2

by Anonymousreply 25November 20, 2021 4:01 AM

She has a tik tok and here is her tea on the movie 6 days and 7 nights with Harrison Ford.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26November 20, 2021 4:07 AM

Bullet dodged.

by Anonymousreply 27November 20, 2021 4:07 AM

I think this one is about Ellen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 20, 2021 4:09 AM

She says she needed a Novocain injection twice daily during 7 nights, she broke her toe.

Is this tea?

by Anonymousreply 29November 20, 2021 4:12 AM

Another one about Ellen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 20, 2021 4:17 AM

I think this is what real manic episodes look and sound like. It's not like you see in TV shows. People in manic states are hard to be around and to tolerate because their minds are in hyperdrive and they are uncomfortable in their skin.

It certainly could be a stimulant, as well, but Heche has a serious mental illness that could be bipolar with psychoti manic episodes or it could be something on the schizophrenia spectrum. I'd guess bipolar though because she is able to work and because of her hyperness.

From Wikipedia:

[quote] Heche stated she was "insane" for the first 31 years of her life, and that this was triggered by being sexually abused by her father during her infancy and childhood. In a series of interviews with Barbara Walters, Matt Lauer, and Larry King to promote Call Me Crazy in 2001, Heche stated on national television that she created a fantasy world called the "Fourth Dimension" to make herself feel safe, and had an alter ego who was the daughter of God and half-sister of Jesus Christ named "Celestia", who had contacts with extraterrestrial life forms. Heche said she recovered from her mental health concerns following the incident in Cantua Creek and has put her alter ego behind her.

by Anonymousreply 31November 20, 2021 6:05 AM

I think there's no question that she's on coke or speed here.

I saw her in person on Larchmont maybe 12 years ago. She was luminous. Really uniquely beautiful. But here she looks like a big pile of dog shit.

by Anonymousreply 32November 20, 2021 6:17 AM

I loved her in Birth. This nutbag can act.

by Anonymousreply 33November 20, 2021 7:42 AM

I miss Men in Trees. I loved that show. I wish it was streaming somewhere. She was great in that.

But yeah, she’s nuts.

by Anonymousreply 34November 20, 2021 7:52 AM

[quote]I miss Men in Trees. I loved that show.

Looks very gurlie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 20, 2021 8:29 AM

Cray cray.

by Anonymousreply 36November 20, 2021 8:40 AM

Sometimes brain chemicals can mimic things you ingest. So it’s hard to say if she’s on speed she took or if she’s experiencing mania.

I think she’s interesting, but I am warily interested in the intelligently insane. I’d rather listen to Heche than some basic sane person like Jennifer Garner.

by Anonymousreply 37November 20, 2021 9:07 AM

The slutty character Heather Graham played in Bowfinger is based on her. Steve Martin dated-her for awhile

by Anonymousreply 38November 20, 2021 9:18 AM

I just watched her Another World eps on youtube and she really is good for a soap actress.

by Anonymousreply 39November 20, 2021 9:22 AM

I feel sorry for her as she is clearly mentally ill but extremely talented. My guess is that she’s on something here but it could be a high dose of a legal stimulant for her condition. She seems very manic and is most likely a rapid cycling bipolar type or some else. She is extremely thin too. Like the skinniest I have ever seen her… which makes me think whatever she’s on helps suppress her appetite. Would love to see her in more things, though. The truth is that many mentally ill people make incredible actors.

by Anonymousreply 40November 20, 2021 9:46 AM

Even though she’s crazy there is something very likable about her. I don’t know what it is.

by Anonymousreply 41November 20, 2021 10:33 AM

I gather Celestia was her imaginary friend. It's very common for victims of abuse to disassociate. That's not evidence of craziness; it's a coping mechanism that allows someone who's trapped a way to tune out unbearable pain. The sister of Jesus Christ business comes of her father being a minister. What's odd is for the imaginary friend to survive so long when she was no longer in an abusive situation. And it doesn't explain the mania.

I thought aging women were supposed to be invisible. I guess that was before social media.

by Anonymousreply 42November 20, 2021 11:50 AM

Didn't they find her on some dirt road in Malibu knocking on a stranger's door claiming she'd been abducted by aliens?

I remember she started to promote her book just as 9/11 happened. Really bad timing.

I couldn't get into her book at all. I'll give it another try.

by Anonymousreply 43November 20, 2021 11:55 AM

I remember she accused her father who was a closet gay man that died of AIDS to have sexually abused her as a kid but her mother and sister strongly denied it.

by Anonymousreply 44November 20, 2021 11:59 AM

She was on drugs during that public Celestia episode and after her relationship with James Tupper ended a few years ago he was reportedly concerned she was using again.

One of her craziest interviews, I thought, was the cover story she did with The Advocate after marrying Coley Laffoon. She managed to go a pretty long time saying the right things but when the reporter asked her (due to a comment she made) if Laffoon was also bisexual, she lost her shit. While she managed to pull it back together, it was particularly odd in the context of the interview.

by Anonymousreply 45November 20, 2021 12:00 PM

R43 I don't think she said she said she had been abducted by aliens; she said she was an alien named Celestia. She later admitted she had taken MDMA, but that doesn't explain her psychosis as far as I know. I read a lot about psychedelic science and MDMA doesn't cause dissociation or psychosis to my knowledge. She either lied about what drug she took or else she has an endemic psychotic or dissociative disorder (which seems likely given other behaviors). Her behavior in the video above could be attributable to drugs but I would bet on a serious mental illness.

[quote] According to television station KSEE, one Fresno County deputy wrote in his report, “She proceeded to tell me that she was God and was going to take everyone back to heaven with her in some sort of spaceship.”

She seems harmless despite it all, which, again, suggests more of a mental illness than drug use. People who have psychosis tend not to be violent or destructive except if they are paranoid, whereas people who are on hard drugs seem to be prone to violent outbursts and are difficult to love.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46November 20, 2021 12:07 PM

Ok,I had no idea her mother is a famous psychotherapist that she even has a full Wikipedia about her. Courtney Love’s mother is also a license psychotherapist and works as a family therapist.

by Anonymousreply 47November 20, 2021 12:09 PM

Manic episode. Watch this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 20, 2021 12:10 PM

It’s fascinating because she is very talented and she’s always working in something.

She gave a really haunting performance a few years ago as teenage Jeffrey Dahmer’s bipolar mom in My Friend Dahmer; this reminded me of that.

by Anonymousreply 49November 20, 2021 12:11 PM

Bi-polar, ADD?

by Anonymousreply 50November 20, 2021 12:29 PM

The show itself is pretty manic. That didn't help.

by Anonymousreply 51November 20, 2021 12:35 PM

I'm sticking with my armchair diagnosis of a manic episode.

Here she is six years ago on WWHL. She is not as agitated and excitable; however, her mannerisms are still a little unusual and her speech is a little bit hurried but also a little bit slurred. She was probably medicated here, and I'll assume Andy Cohen also got her as drunk as he could muster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 20, 2021 12:39 PM

The only interviews of hers where i found her normal was in the late 90s when she was with Ellen and shortly after that. Then something happened and it's been downhill ever since. Like every new interview along the years shocks me a little, wether it's uncontrollable hand/body movements, speech, demeanor. There's something very wrong and it's never been clear. WHAT is going on with her ? Substances? Brain ? Is she actually diagnosed with something ?

by Anonymousreply 53November 20, 2021 12:45 PM

^ you can see her husband of that time in her face @ R52's link - interesting how some people absorb their partners in that way.

by Anonymousreply 54November 20, 2021 12:46 PM

R53 see R48.

by Anonymousreply 55November 20, 2021 12:47 PM

R48 is interesting. The medication works in real time for the Young woman who couldn't be understood initially while being interviewed.

by Anonymousreply 56November 20, 2021 1:09 PM

[quote]Ok,I had no idea her mother is a famous psychotherapist that she even has a full Wikipedia about her. Courtney Love’s mother is also a license psychotherapist and works as a family therapist.

Most “psychotherapists” are batshit crazy themselves.

by Anonymousreply 57November 20, 2021 1:55 PM

R52 wow very different in this clip than in OP

by Anonymousreply 58November 20, 2021 5:24 PM

Ann never made a lick of sense to me—even when I was the one licking.

by Anonymousreply 59November 20, 2021 5:29 PM

Do we think she ate Ellen’s pussy-clit or was a cunnilingus bottom?

by Anonymousreply 60November 20, 2021 6:07 PM

My grandma called her Anne He/she

by Anonymousreply 61November 20, 2021 6:44 PM

You gotta admit, she looks great for 52.

by Anonymousreply 62November 20, 2021 6:57 PM

I kicked her in the cunt.

by Anonymousreply 63November 20, 2021 7:13 PM

She looks like hell.

by Anonymousreply 64November 20, 2021 7:14 PM

Painkillers make you babble like that.

by Anonymousreply 65November 20, 2021 8:34 PM

In Op’s clip she comes across as a rich tweeker.

by Anonymousreply 66November 20, 2021 10:47 PM

That was one entertaining roller coaster of an interview. In these days, when everyone's trying to play it safe, this kind of manic interview was just what the doctor ordered.

Anne's a wonderful actress and I'm thrilled she's still getting work. She's fascinating to watch on screen.

by Anonymousreply 67November 20, 2021 11:23 PM

Anne’s scene in Another World when Marley confronts Jake on his hospital bed about having raped her is one of the best pieces of acting I’ve ever seen, whatever the medium. She is insanely good in the scene and deservedly won an Emmy that year.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68November 21, 2021 11:35 AM

"Rich tweaker" sounds like an oxymoron r66. Because even if they were rich at first, they would start to leak money left and right and end up poor tweakers. Wealthy people do blow. Tweak is for trailer trash. And Tina for the gays who don't know better.

by Anonymousreply 69November 21, 2021 11:48 AM

She’s an excellent actor.

by Anonymousreply 70November 21, 2021 6:16 PM

Shitty drugs are for everyone. I have known rich tweekers. Unfortunately .

by Anonymousreply 71November 21, 2021 6:40 PM

She and Jewel could go for twin sisters.

by Anonymousreply 72November 25, 2021 12:55 AM

The Asian woman repeatedly referring to sexual orientation as "sexual preferences" was more annoying than listening to Anne. Anne was ridiculed for being a fake "lesbian". Ellen is no better, because she was also exposed as a fake "lesbian", and like true to form bisexuals they never take an responsibility for their deceitful lying cuntery.

by Anonymousreply 73November 25, 2021 1:13 AM

I don't think this interview is bizarre. I can't hear delusional speech. The rapidity is arresting, of course.

by Anonymousreply 74November 25, 2021 1:17 AM

I thought Heche had been molested by her closeted father and had a breakdown at some point, wandering through stranger's homes. Quite sad. Her movie career seemed short-lived, I just remember she did a movie with Harrison Ford.

by Anonymousreply 75November 25, 2021 1:19 AM

R75 She refers to her father as a closeted "gay".man. A gay man who happened to be a sex predator as well, wouldn't molest a female. Crazily, Anne identifed as "lesbian" when she was bisexual all along. So, Anne is known to be a liar, and an extremely confused person, like majority of those in the entertainment industry.

by Anonymousreply 76November 25, 2021 1:24 AM

Just yesterday?

by Anonymousreply 77November 25, 2021 1:24 AM

[quote] I gather Celestia was her imaginary friend. It's very common for victims of abuse to disassociate. That's not evidence of craziness; it's a coping mechanism that allows someone who's trapped a way to tune out unbearable pain. The sister of Jesus Christ business comes of her father being a minister. What's odd is for the imaginary friend to survive so long when she was no longer in an abusive situation. And it doesn't explain the mania.

Um, NO.

She is quite obviously bipolar/manic.

by Anonymousreply 78November 25, 2021 1:26 AM

[quote] Ellen is no better, because she was also exposed as a fake "lesbian", and like true to form bisexuals they never take an responsibility for their deceitful lying cuntery.

Wait, what?! Ellen isn’t a real lesbian? Since when?

by Anonymousreply 79November 25, 2021 1:31 AM

Her crazy assertations show how mental she is of course helped along by copiys amounts of drugs. She needs rehab BADLY

by Anonymousreply 80November 25, 2021 1:31 AM

I watched this a few months ago and knew Anne was out of her mind.

Great actress, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81November 25, 2021 1:37 AM

I can’t stand it when a person taking part in a TV appearance from home doesn’t clean off their webcam lens before going live.

The blurry image really makes my Asperger’s act up.

by Anonymousreply 82November 25, 2021 1:39 AM

Fuck. The Bi Troll is running rampant. Muriel really needs to do something about it.

by Anonymousreply 83November 25, 2021 2:39 AM

Cut from the same cloth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84November 25, 2021 2:42 AM

Is (was?) E. Ashley also crazy? I don’t know anything about her, have only seen her in When Michael Calls, Windows, and (I believe) Murder, She Wrote.

by Anonymousreply 85November 25, 2021 2:53 AM

Well, she lives in a college dorm. And she's 72, Pats.

by Anonymousreply 86November 25, 2021 2:54 AM

omg that cow on the real, forget anne, this broad needs intervention..

by Anonymousreply 87November 25, 2021 3:47 AM

Has she ever been okay?

by Anonymousreply 88November 25, 2021 3:56 AM

[R 84] The interview with Elizabeth Ashley is GOLD! Thank you. I remember her Maggie the Cat like it was yesterday. Love her acting.

by Anonymousreply 89November 25, 2021 4:06 AM

The four of them look like they are transitioning.

by Anonymousreply 90November 25, 2021 7:29 AM

Anne looks rougher and has a rougher voice. And that hairstyle is out of There's Something About Mary.

by Anonymousreply 91November 25, 2021 7:31 AM

Anne named her son's Atlas and Homer.

Was she a Simpsons fan?

by Anonymousreply 92November 26, 2021 5:31 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93November 26, 2021 5:33 PM

She could have played Gloria Grahame in something.

by Anonymousreply 94November 26, 2021 5:34 PM

The mouth diarrhea of a Gemini.

by Anonymousreply 95November 26, 2021 5:44 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 96April 15, 2022 4:13 AM

Drunk. Drunk. Drunk.

Slurring words. Incoherent thought process. Didn't look in a mirror before appearing on National TV?

D.R.U.N.K.

by Anonymousreply 97April 15, 2022 4:33 AM

[quote]R3 She's a nutcase, but also a very good actor.

She was spotted in a high school play (I think she was playing Sabina in “The Skin of Our Teeth”) and immediately offered a soap. I don’t know who else that’s ever happened to… but it can’t be very many (?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98April 15, 2022 4:41 AM

Anne Heche has always been crazy. It might be drugs or her natural bipolar personality but she's always been a tinderbox.

by Anonymousreply 99April 15, 2022 4:45 AM

She’s still a good actress. I would almost say great.

by Anonymousreply 100April 15, 2022 4:46 AM

God that show is awful. Three nobody's reading purple cue cards who feel they have to physically buoy-up the show with 'Right-on, girl- live your truth!'. All ridiculously upbeat, incredibly shallow and melancholia is forbidden.

The only thing more macabre would be a glimpse of their home audience.

by Anonymousreply 101April 15, 2022 4:53 AM

She's a lezzie again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102May 20, 2022 5:32 AM

Nuttier than a Payday bar. Crazies are great fucks, I'm told.

by Anonymousreply 103May 20, 2022 5:38 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!