Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Turpin sisters on finding courage to develop plan for escape from imprisonment

Sad they look so much like their parents and what is their accent?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131December 8, 2021 2:43 PM

Jordan the oldest is very attractive, although she must be pretty immature for her 33.

by Anonymousreply 1November 19, 2021 11:06 AM

OP - Combo of rural Texas, and being locked away from others, only hearing your psycho parents' speech, accent, patterns.

by Anonymousreply 2November 19, 2021 11:08 AM

Their accent is being chained in a hell house and having no formal education or access to the real world. Their “parents” need to be chained to their beds and set the fuck on fire for what they did to these kids!

by Anonymousreply 3November 19, 2021 11:10 AM

Wow, I didn’t think we’d ever hear from these kids. I’ll be watching. These stories fascinate me.

by Anonymousreply 4November 19, 2021 11:35 AM

So tragic and brutal. And even after the escape still lots of bad shit. Riverside County is basically a shithole. The trustee/real estate agent sounds exactly like that Rosamund Pike character in the "I Care A Lot" movie. Horrible system. The younger, talkier sister was adorable. They all have a lot to catch up on. Hope they are still getting psychological help. I can't imagine it would be easy to just put it behind them. I am rooting for them.

by Anonymousreply 5November 20, 2021 5:27 PM

I hadn't seen Miss Sawyer for some time. The years show.

by Anonymousreply 6November 20, 2021 5:33 PM

I was surprised to hear that the adult children were kicked out of foster care and placed in public housing. They are too naive to be living on their own. These adults need extended foster care where some older adults can give them guidance and teach them basic life skills. Or perhaps a church can take them on, put them up in housing with some of the church families, and provide them with a community of support. They also need continuing therapy, perhaps twice a week.

Their looks will attract a lot of attention, and they are very naive. Someone is going to have to teach them about boys...before boys teach them about boys.

by Anonymousreply 7November 20, 2021 5:34 PM

R7 - I work in child welfare - kids in foster care are all kicked out at 21 (in NY - likely at 18 elsewhere) and sent to public housing - which is seen as a much better permanency outcome than “supportive housing” which ends when they are 26. The system is fucked. You have to have SEVERE developmental disabilities to qualify for permanent housing through OPWDD - which is the closest thing to extended foster care we have in America.

Usually the kids who transition out of foster care into public housing end up having their own kids who then get removed for abuse/neglect and put in foster care and the cycle continues….

by Anonymousreply 8November 20, 2021 5:43 PM

The father, at least, was sent to a hellish prison in Corcoran.

[quote] Riverside County is basically a shithole.

This made me laugh -- I can't disagree.

by Anonymousreply 9November 20, 2021 5:46 PM

Britney should send her minions to protest and get more of that trust fund $ to the kids.

by Anonymousreply 10November 20, 2021 5:55 PM

I can't believe we've missed the most important thing

DIANE SAWYER IS OUT OF HER CRYPT!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 20, 2021 8:08 PM

r11, see r6.

by Anonymousreply 12November 20, 2021 8:15 PM

R3 You don't even have to be chained up in a house . Raised in isolation and homeschooled by a nutter is enough . Case in point the Turpins light version , the Rodrigues kids

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 20, 2021 9:59 PM

Do they have any extended family, grandparents, aunts/uncles, that aren't evil incarnate like the parents?

by Anonymousreply 14November 20, 2021 10:11 PM

I’m fascinated by this story, namely that this went on so long. R14, I think maybe the parents have siblings, but they’re long estranged from them. The parents should burn in hell forever for what they did. They actually enjoyed their lives—and let their kids live in filth.

by Anonymousreply 15November 20, 2021 10:28 PM

Sick parents. It seems like the mother was probably deeply mentally ill. Probably the father too. That doesn't excuse what they did.

by Anonymousreply 16November 20, 2021 10:34 PM

The two sisters who were interviewed, and their teen-aged brother who chose not be on screen, all sound noticeably stunted in intellectual development, especially the brother who sounds closer to a 12 year-old than his actual age.

The detective(?) involved in the case mentioned that they have no fear factor. This family is destined to be a "where are they now" news segment in the not too distant future and probably over the long term as well. Hopefully, serendipity works in their favor over time.

by Anonymousreply 17November 20, 2021 10:49 PM

I really wanted to catch this last night, but I fell asleep. I watched a few moments of a preview on World News Tonight. No telling really how many other Turpins are out there.

by Anonymousreply 18November 20, 2021 11:18 PM

I’m worried about these people. Can they have a go fund me?

by Anonymousreply 19November 21, 2021 12:27 AM

Diane should do a yearly update like she used to with the Dilley Sixpack (first set of sextuplets who all survived) who grew up to be completely normal, with normal parents, and probably a huge disappointment to ABC (or whichever network Diane was with at the time).

These "kids" should sue the shit out of every agency that failed them, starting with the public school the oldest, Jennifer, attended for a short time before her insane parents pulled her out and "homeschooled" her and the rest of them. They need an advocate with no monetary interest in them. It's really tragic. I hope the younger ones have some semblance of a normal life.

by Anonymousreply 20November 21, 2021 12:47 AM

A reality show in the making.

by Anonymousreply 21November 21, 2021 2:06 AM

I read the title of this thread as "Turnip" sisters rather than Turnip.

by Anonymousreply 22November 21, 2021 2:07 AM

Here’s the full episode below.

The last 15 minutes are devoted to the mismanagement and alleged embezzlement of funds earmarked for the Turpins. It was ironic that, on one hand, there were people talking about how life is beautiful and full of love and potential for these kids, yet on the other hand, money is missing and Riverside County officials, (especially the Public Guardian) and foster care companies have fucked them over. They can end the show with a walk on the beach all they want, but these kids are learning that EVERYONE is an asshole.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 21, 2021 2:16 AM

R16 The mother’s sisters were shown on a TV interview stating they were sexually abused growing up by someone they loved. I think it was their father that did it. Mother Turpin was 16 when she married Father Turpin and both were Pentecostal.

by Anonymousreply 24November 21, 2021 2:18 AM

The Public Guardian, who also sells real estate, set her IG to private.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25November 21, 2021 2:22 AM

[quote] I read the title of this thread as "Turnip" sisters rather than Turnip.

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 26November 21, 2021 2:23 AM

Humans are so adaptable. They'll catch-up.

by Anonymousreply 27November 21, 2021 2:56 AM

The Riverside DA - hot or not?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 21, 2021 4:48 AM

What happened to the $600,000 people donated? It sounds like that bitch real estate agent stole it.

by Anonymousreply 29November 21, 2021 4:58 AM

Why can’t the family all live together on the Nichols-Sawyer estate, for fuck’s sake??!?

by Anonymousreply 30November 21, 2021 5:06 AM

Thanks for the link r23 watching it now

by Anonymousreply 31November 21, 2021 6:59 AM

Jordan is beautiful, I worry about her getting involved with the wrong man.

by Anonymousreply 32November 21, 2021 7:07 AM

A bunch of teenagers who only get a bath once a year, that place must have reeked.

by Anonymousreply 33November 21, 2021 7:08 AM

The younger sister is very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 34November 21, 2021 7:17 AM

this woman has been very vocal about the Turpin case. This is a very interesting video that shows some of their photos on social media. They are not as innocent as they appear.

Something is really shady about that real estate woman. I do hope the kids are able to get the proper help they need.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35November 21, 2021 7:33 AM

What’s with their Eastern Europeanish accent especially the younger girl?

by Anonymousreply 36November 21, 2021 7:49 AM

She learned to speak by watching Justin Bieber videos or something .

by Anonymousreply 37November 21, 2021 7:55 AM

When the cops entered the parents lied and said they only had 13 kids. The mother looks so scared.

by Anonymousreply 38November 21, 2021 7:59 AM

Part 2, her accent is really strong here and she doesn’t know what medication is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 21, 2021 8:04 AM

Jordan Turpin is stunning, she could be a model or actress if she had a normal upbringing.

by Anonymousreply 40November 21, 2021 8:25 AM

I don't know the case. With a abuse like this for so many years, I wonder if there were any children who actually died. Where did the mother give birth? In the house? Over 30 years, there must have been some kids who didn't make it.

by Anonymousreply 41November 21, 2021 8:25 AM

How did two hideous people make such a beauty?

by Anonymousreply 42November 21, 2021 8:26 AM

It made me tear up and I am a cold bitch. Especially seeing Jaycee Dugar wanting to help.

by Anonymousreply 43November 21, 2021 8:35 AM

And the oldest sister is not ugly. I bet the she got the worst of the abuse.

If she had had a normal upbringing, she would look like your run of the mill pretty-ish housewife.

by Anonymousreply 44November 21, 2021 8:35 AM

R17 It reminds me of those poor children in orphanages in Romania during Ceausescu . Most of the children arrived normal and then all become mentally handicapped.

by Anonymousreply 45November 21, 2021 8:36 AM

The father's barber deserves the death penalty.

by Anonymousreply 46November 21, 2021 8:38 AM

Buying all that food, clothes, and toys and not letting the kids have them. The mother had a screw loose obviously. Would like to hear from the father's coworkers, he had to stink to high heaven and how weird did he act?

by Anonymousreply 47November 21, 2021 8:47 AM

Sounds like Jennifer was date raped?

by Anonymousreply 48November 21, 2021 8:48 AM

What's sick is that some of those kids are still defending the parents.

by Anonymousreply 49November 21, 2021 8:49 AM

WTF? The brother

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50November 21, 2021 8:53 AM

Here is the full interview . Can’t get over how stunning Jordan is, and how brave she was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51November 21, 2021 8:54 AM

I can’t believe Diane didn’t interview the Elvis impersonator!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 21, 2021 9:15 AM

How does the brother sound like?

by Anonymousreply 53November 21, 2021 9:16 AM

Here is what the other siblings look like now and some of them have tattoos and looks like regular teen/young adult.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54November 21, 2021 9:28 AM

I could not believe she was 17 on the 911 call. How very sad. The most disheartening part of the call was when she said she has never really been out of the house. Plus, so devastating that she did not even understand how her address worked. I pray these children end up on the right side of life. They definitely could easily be taken advantage of by creepy people, while they search to find who they are and what love really looks like…

by Anonymousreply 55November 21, 2021 9:38 AM

Isn’t the younger sister an actress now? I saw her on The Queen’s Gambit.

by Anonymousreply 56November 21, 2021 10:05 AM

R56 She is prettier than Anya and doesn’t have the FAS far apart eyes.

by Anonymousreply 57November 21, 2021 10:08 AM

Jeff Daniels could play the dad in the HBO movie. Not sure about the mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58November 21, 2021 11:01 AM

R58 OMG I almost spit out my drink laughing so hard. Good one!

by Anonymousreply 59November 21, 2021 11:29 AM

Heartbreaking story, made me cry for them. And for the idiot that said something about Diane Sawyer coming out of her crypt, Diane is beautiful, flawless skin and just as nice as she appears.

by Anonymousreply 60November 21, 2021 11:55 AM

I kind of pictured all the kids living on some farm in the country with horses and fields and flowers.

But that’s the Hallmark version of recovery.

by Anonymousreply 61November 21, 2021 12:31 PM

Yeah, my question also. Where did she give birth to all these kids?

by Anonymousreply 62November 21, 2021 1:06 PM

This is like a Stephen King book.

by Anonymousreply 63November 21, 2021 1:06 PM

Now they've seen the other side, full of corrupt monsters of the real world. They are (or were) like babes in the woods...not knowing about the basics of life to navigate through it. It's a terrible story. I hope, at some point, they find some peace and good in their lives. They still need to be protected and taught the basic things that children learn by the time they reach 18.

by Anonymousreply 64November 21, 2021 1:23 PM

Their accent is stunted speech, in which they were rarely exposed to real life and communication...by being locked and chained up.

by Anonymousreply 65November 21, 2021 1:39 PM

Some of them look like attention whores. I can't wait to see who ends up a drugged up mess and doing reality shows. I am sure the pretty ones will get exploited by some Hollywood producer. What their parents did was fucked up but I can see how some of the story ends.

by Anonymousreply 66November 21, 2021 1:41 PM

R66, they're just being young and out in the world. Yes, they may end up on reality shows--without having learned skills in life, why not? Just like the Kardashians--if successful it's a pretty lucrative way to live.

by Anonymousreply 67November 21, 2021 1:49 PM

Yes I saw pictures of the oldest daughter dressed sleazy, I hope she will be okay.

by Anonymousreply 68November 21, 2021 1:52 PM

It must be like being let loose in the candy shop. All these new things. ideas and influences...maybe not yet able to decide what is best for them. How can they have a real sense of themselves? They've been locked up and restricted, just trying to survive...no exposure to life.

by Anonymousreply 69November 21, 2021 1:57 PM

R67 money and fame so what could go wrong to a young damaged and sheltered. Why are we encouraging the idea of fame. They need to stay far away from fame and live a very quiet sane life. They are been exploited right now by the media.

by Anonymousreply 70November 21, 2021 2:04 PM

There's nothing wrong with money, r70. Fame is a different story, but right now, they haven't learned any skills that could help them make money, and with probable learning issues, they may never. They don't need to do anything but live a life they choose, not you. And if they want fame? I say go for it. They were invisible most of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 71November 21, 2021 2:08 PM

She said they weren't allowed to bathe but those girls must have brushed their teeth because they look pretty decent.

by Anonymousreply 72November 21, 2021 2:17 PM

Well they definitely have survival skills.

by Anonymousreply 73November 21, 2021 2:24 PM

Oh I remember those old days, in Turpin times.

by Anonymousreply 74November 21, 2021 2:25 PM

The younger sister is gorgeous! And so charismatic. Hope she doesn't fall for some loser.

by Anonymousreply 75November 21, 2021 2:26 PM

I've worked with people like the father before. Somewhere on the Spectrum, probably Aspie. I bet his office cubicle was stacked with junk and food.

by Anonymousreply 76November 21, 2021 2:31 PM

R71 I am sure if one of the kids develops a drug problem and almost died. You will be commenting on why they weren't protected and they shouldn't be chasing fame.

by Anonymousreply 77November 21, 2021 2:38 PM

r56 is that true? Is she an actress? She's a beautiful young woman, she could definitely be an actress or an influencer. What role did she play?

by Anonymousreply 78November 21, 2021 2:41 PM

Watched the whole thing (streams on Hulu) ... so unbelievable. The Riverside Guardian should be prosecuted for neglect of official duties.

by Anonymousreply 79November 21, 2021 2:51 PM

Where's the oldest brother, the one who went to college? Was he ever charged?

by Anonymousreply 80November 21, 2021 2:53 PM

For what, R80. He committed no crimes.

by Anonymousreply 81November 21, 2021 3:04 PM

The brother seems gay but they won’t show his face. He was speaking a little in this special. I’m so curious. I’d love to offer his comfort and support to integrate him back into society.

by Anonymousreply 82November 21, 2021 3:06 PM

R81, I think it was because he was an adult at the time all of this went down, went to college, and speculation that he was helping his parents contain the younger siblings. That could have all been DL gossip though.

by Anonymousreply 83November 21, 2021 3:09 PM

[quote] So tragic and brutal. And even after the escape still lots of bad shit. Riverside County is basically a shithole. The trustee/real estate agent sounds exactly like that Rosamund Pike character in the "I Care A Lot" movie. Horrible system. The younger, talkier sister was adorable. They all have a lot to catch up on. Hope they are still getting psychological help. I can't imagine it would be easy to just put it behind them. I am rooting for them.

I immediately thought of that movie when that "trustee/guardian woman" appeared. When that movie came out, there was some media attention of real life similar cases of court appointed guardians taking money and sending off elderly or disabled people off to assisted living or group homes. The media attention on those types of cases died down, a bit because of the bigger focus on the Britney Spears conservator-ship case.

by Anonymousreply 84November 21, 2021 3:10 PM

They all seem nice looking which I hope doesn’t attract alot of weirdos. I hope the nutjob mother and Keebler elf motherfucker of a father rot in hell.

by Anonymousreply 85November 21, 2021 3:14 PM

[quote] He committed no crimes.

And bad mistakes — he’s made a few.

by Anonymousreply 86November 21, 2021 3:14 PM

R83 You're spewing misinformation. All of the Turpin kids were victims, including him. He went to college AFTER everything went down.

Yes, the older children, out of fear and being victimized even more, complied with their parents in keeping the younger children contained. It's so easy to see here how false rumors spread when people like you and R80 dump out phony gossip.

by Anonymousreply 87November 21, 2021 3:47 PM

It was on the original threads, R87, I didn't make it up.

by Anonymousreply 88November 21, 2021 3:53 PM

I remember the older brother was allowed to attend college also he was allowed a smart phone.

by Anonymousreply 89November 21, 2021 4:05 PM

Yes, R89, he was allowed to attend school, but his peers said he didn't socialize, and appeared to be "always quiet and alone". Despite having excellent grades, he was an obvious outlier.

Being a victim of the environment that he was raised in, he was most likely in no frame of mind to go up against and report his parents. All of the Turpin kids suffered from extreme physical, emotional and social deprivation. I don't see how any of them could be held responsible at any stage of their lives. There's no evidence as of yet that the older ones willingly took part in any abuse.

by Anonymousreply 90November 21, 2021 4:21 PM

[quote} This is like a Stephen King book.

Or a Wes Craven movie!

by Anonymousreply 91November 21, 2021 4:25 PM

This all so sad made even worse by the fucked-up foster care system.

by Anonymousreply 92November 21, 2021 4:34 PM

IIRC the mother drove the son to and from college and waited for him outside like an elementary school mother.

by Anonymousreply 93November 21, 2021 4:36 PM

R93 I remember several articles that mentioned that too. I also remember one article that mentioned the mom was sometimes in lobbies or waiting areas.

by Anonymousreply 94November 21, 2021 4:44 PM

These girls look like Hollywood celebrities in this interview. They do5look like people who we're locked away from society from birth.

They clearly had their hair professionally colored and styled. Makeup professionally done and a wardrobe person dress them for this ABC interview. They look professionally put together to me. Am I the only to notice that?

No wonder they look so good.

by Anonymousreply 95November 21, 2021 4:59 PM

When Jordan met up with the sheriff who saved her, at the end....she is still very thin. She must have been skin and bones before the escape. You can tell that in her young life, she didn't eat or wasn't fed much.

by Anonymousreply 96November 21, 2021 5:05 PM

[quote] they may end up on reality shows--without having learned skills in life

[quote] It must be like being let loose in the candy shop. All these new things. ideas and influences...maybe not yet able to decide what is best for them.

Turpins - stay out of my lane!

by Anonymousreply 97November 22, 2021 1:13 AM

[quote] And for the idiot that said something about Diane Sawyer coming out of her crypt, Diane is beautiful, flawless skin and just as nice as she appears.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98November 22, 2021 3:01 AM

Jordan said her older brothers had smartphones and she would borrow them to watch Justin Bieber videos and make her own YouTube videos. She learned her vocabulary from watching Justin Bieber interviews. So if the older brothers had cell phones, why didn’t they ever call the cops? And why didn’t Jordan call the cops all those years she was watching Justin Bieber videos?

Or she could have asked for help in her YouTube videos. She said the commenters asked her why she was always filming while hiding in the bathroom. She should have said because she would be chained up.

by Anonymousreply 99November 22, 2021 3:39 AM

It's an ugly end to a family ripped apart as heirs to the Ben Turpin fortune.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100November 22, 2021 3:44 AM

R99, way to victim blame.

by Anonymousreply 101November 22, 2021 4:48 AM

Thanks from me as well R23.

by Anonymousreply 102November 22, 2021 5:30 AM

Is it just me, or does the blonde one look like AOC?

by Anonymousreply 103November 22, 2021 5:57 AM

It’s their bodies but it’s interesting that some of the the girls are dressed so erotically in their sm accounts. I kinda wonder if they have an OF acc..

by Anonymousreply 104November 22, 2021 6:12 AM

R104, you obviously don’t have any young people in their 20s in your life. They ALL dress like that and pose like that on social media. Yes, even very accomplished young women like my nieces. It’s a different world out there. It’s all about the selfie.

I did see the oldest had a revealing police costume on—I believe that was for a Halloween party.

by Anonymousreply 105November 22, 2021 12:45 PM

R95, it's a tv show. Dateline and 20/20 will clean up all their guests so they're "camera ready." They probably went the extra mile with these girls. Yes, R103, she does look a lot like AOC (especially in still shots).

by Anonymousreply 106November 22, 2021 1:19 PM

[quote] [R104], you obviously don’t have any young people in their 20s in your life. They ALL dress like that and pose like that on social media.

But she’s mid-30s, not in her 20s.

by Anonymousreply 107November 22, 2021 4:19 PM

They were on Good Morning America today. Jordan's got bleached blonde hair and too much makeup on. But she's like a little girl playing dress-up. It's sad. She said after they were freed, she wound up in an abusive foster home. WTF is wrong with California social services?

I worked for years with kids with learning disabilities. They are basically like kids with Down Syndrome: very sweet and trusting. They should have been taught by specialiized educators - like kids with Down's are - to toughen up and learn the world is not their friend. The fact they all appear to have been dumped in foster care provided by people only out to make a buck is criminal.

by Anonymousreply 108November 22, 2021 4:31 PM

Thank goodness the dispatcher who answered Jordan's phone call and the cop who came were legit.

by Anonymousreply 109November 22, 2021 4:39 PM

R107, I’d says she’s reliving her youth since she didn’t get much of one.

by Anonymousreply 110November 22, 2021 5:21 PM

Jordan told Diane Sawyer her two fears that night were (a) her parents killing her on sight and (b) being kicked out of the house and forced to live in the street. I think both were heavily instilled in all the kids by the parents. None of them had a good frame of reference as to what the outside world was really like, and sadly they are finding out now it is a lot harsher out there than those first weeks in the hospital where the nurses and doctors showered them with care and love. Ironically I’ll bet more than a few of the children wish they could go back to the way it was because at least they were all together.

by Anonymousreply 111November 22, 2021 5:22 PM

The older brothers were allowed more privileges like smart phones because the parents knew they’d be harder to restrain and control physically. The older boys were also allowed to go to school because the parents knew the boys would be a source of income if they’d gotten some formal education and gotten jobs. The girls had it much worse because they were smaller and easier to restrain, and the parents being insane Jesus freaks, believed girls to be not worthy of any education.

The foster system in California has its dark side. Working in healthcare, both outpatient and inpatient, I’ve known some great as well as horrible foster parents. Most are in it for the right reasons but a few unfortunately only become foster parents for the $$$. I’ve had to report foster parent abuse a handful of times in my current DNP position. The most recent time was just this past year. For every reported case of neglect and outright abuse, there are likely more cases that are borderline reportable or cases that never/ don’t get reported.

by Anonymousreply 112November 22, 2021 6:36 PM

Pictures of their house that has been renovated, would you want to live there?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113November 22, 2021 11:32 PM

I was surprised on Good Morning America to hear that the oldest daughter lives alone. Why wouldn’t she take some siblings in?

by Anonymousreply 114November 23, 2021 12:51 AM

she's probably only got a room

by Anonymousreply 115November 23, 2021 1:25 AM

It's fucked up that they can't access the money they're supposed to have. Here's the site where people can donate (through Jaycee Dugard's foundation)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116November 23, 2021 9:29 PM

[quote] How does the brother sound like?

"What", r53. "[bold]What[/bold] does the brother sound like?"

[quote] They clearly had their hair professionally colored and styled. Makeup professionally done and a wardrobe person dress them for this ABC interview. They look professionally put together to me. Am I the only to notice that?

Given how much their parents restricted them from grooming themselves, good for them.

by Anonymousreply 117November 24, 2021 12:44 AM

[quote] It's fucked up that they can't access the money they're supposed to have.

Maybe Britney can take all of them in now.

by Anonymousreply 118November 24, 2021 2:13 AM

R95 um...duh. It was a TV interview. No one goes on TV looking like shit unless its Dr Phil.

by Anonymousreply 119November 24, 2021 2:14 AM

r119 ABC obviously got them professional hair and makeup people - that's normal procedure

by Anonymousreply 120November 24, 2021 12:30 PM

I watched the GMA interview. It's so creepy when Jordan calls her parents Mother and Father. (not her fault) It's like a Flowers in the Attic story come to life.

by Anonymousreply 121November 25, 2021 2:43 AM

my oldest always called me mother and neither us of knew why. I always figured it was some leftover residual from a past life.

I am going to guess that they called them mother and father because that is way the names are written in the Bible so their parents made them call them that..

by Anonymousreply 122November 25, 2021 1:28 PM

Jordan actually refers to them as “Shithead” and “Fuckface” but they had to dub her for network tv.

by Anonymousreply 123November 25, 2021 3:34 PM

Jordan is 20, why are posters claiming she's in her 30s? She was 17 when she escaped in 2018.

by Anonymousreply 124November 27, 2021 11:18 AM

[quote] The father's barber deserves the death penalty.

R46 His barber actually DID get a life sentence. The man clearly cut his own hair.

by Anonymousreply 125November 27, 2021 11:48 AM

R124 Jordan is the now 21-year-old. She was the one who snuck out and called 911.

Jennifer, the brunette is the oldest, 33

by Anonymousreply 126November 27, 2021 11:50 AM

(r58) I could see Frances McDormand playing Mother Turpin for her nine millionth Oscar nomination. She could just grow that hair out a bit and be herself and look the part.

by Anonymousreply 127November 27, 2021 11:52 AM

They look so luminous- being out of the sun for 20-30 years has done wonders for their skin. I am very concerned about Jordan. She is too pure for the career she desires. The world is about to chew her up and spit her up, but I hope I’m wrong. I hope she finds a safe haven and a caring mentor.

Unfortunately, this will probably all end in tears

by Anonymousreply 128November 27, 2021 11:54 AM

R127 Oooh that is good casting for Mother

However, how much to you want to bet that Ryan Murphy options the story and Sarah fucking Paulson will lisp her way through some more scenery chewing

by Anonymousreply 129November 27, 2021 11:56 AM

the 20/20 must have been done a while ago. The sisters were interviewed the next day on GMA and their hair and looks were different. Jordan said to them, you know how bad it was for me the last 3 years. No one elaborated and I am going to guess she was in foster care and was abused but they probably couldn't say anything because of (Hopefully) impending charges. Jordan said she thinks the last 3 years did more damage to her than anything else.

I agree about the sun. I thought when watching them that they had avoided the damage they would have gotten as children from being in the sun, but it was awful price to pay for great skin.

by Anonymousreply 130November 27, 2021 12:56 PM

Late to the party here but why weren't they all put in a house together with a responsible guardian watching over them instead of separating them all? Doesn't matter if some were adults since they were all so childlike and naive.

by Anonymousreply 131December 8, 2021 2:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!