Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

You should support whichever candidate you like. Not who you think will win, because:

A) let your real political preferences be known b) theres nothing wrong with voting for someone or a party that loses c) no one knows fuck all about who will win and who will lose anyway as it's just, a political consultants self serving game

This thread is coz I saw a thread saying don't support Beto. No I'm not one of his voters. I just think that sentiment was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 12November 25, 2021 7:16 AM

Can somebody help OP find the Frank Capra Channel?

by Anonymousreply 1November 18, 2021 10:05 PM

OP, the author of the WaPo article cited is an AIPAC promoter and Beto came out forcefully against AIPAC and Netanyahu.

by Anonymousreply 2November 24, 2021 4:00 PM

Thanks r2 that makes sense. More reason not to listen to any negative messages.

Support Beto if you like him; don't, if you don't.

by Anonymousreply 3November 24, 2021 4:07 PM

I agree with this enough of voting for fucking parties ruled by the same corporate masters.

by Anonymousreply 4November 24, 2021 8:11 PM

OP represents every narcissistic millennial and zee who thinks the world revolves around him, and who is privileged and pampered enough to always be buffered from the effects of bad government.

Political participation is a social responsibility, not an exercise in narcissism. If the leading candidates are A and B, and you have reason to believe B will harm poor and moderate income people or deprive groups of basic human rights, voting for fringe candidate C just because she sums up your world view, rather than for candidate A, is anti-social and narcissistic.

by Anonymousreply 5November 24, 2021 8:16 PM

Bullshit R5

BOTH harm everyone. They are owned by the same corporate masters.

by Anonymousreply 6November 24, 2021 9:13 PM

^^Blah, blah, blah...^^

by Anonymousreply 7November 24, 2021 9:30 PM

I don't vote based on party identification. One, I don't like fascism -- I'm just that way. I don't like racists or antisemites or gay-haters or other divisive people. I believe our planet is reaching irreparable harm and will vote for whoever shows interest in correcting it before it's too late. When that Republican comes along, that person might get my vote.

by Anonymousreply 8November 24, 2021 9:58 PM

If after the last 4 years you think both parties are the same you're either a troll or you need your head examined.

by Anonymousreply 9November 24, 2021 10:00 PM

R9, R6 and specimens like him are here to divide democratic voters. They want the younger voters to vote for their artisan fringe candidate so we get the fascist buffoon Trump in 2024.

I see the fecal fingers of Defacto in this.

by Anonymousreply 10November 24, 2021 10:05 PM

It's the centrists like Pelosi who want the Trump buffoon, he is good for fundraising and money is her only god.

by Anonymousreply 11November 25, 2021 6:55 AM

I only vote third party to piss people off, otherwise I would not vote. The Democrats are going to lose horribly in the next two elections. If you want to blame me for that go ahead. I was the one who caused the Democrats to lose Michigan. ME.

by Anonymousreply 12November 25, 2021 7:16 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!