Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Harry & Meghan Rejected the Queen’s Christmas ‘Invitation’—Here’s Why They’re ‘Not Coming’

Home for the holidays. While we’ve heard whispers of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attending the royal family’s Christmas dinner, it sounds like a trip across the pond isn’t currently in the cards for the Sussexes. A new report claims that the California-based couple are “not coming” to the U.K. for Christmas with the Queen.

This year will mark the 95-year-old monarch’s first Christmas since her husband Prince Philip’s death in April 2021. Following his death, there have been numerous reports about the Queen’s health issues, leading many to wonder if Prince Harry, 37, and Meghan, 40, would make the trip out with their children—2-year-old Archie and 5-month-old Lilibet—to see the aging royal this holiday season. According to a source who spoke to Page Six on November 17, 2021, an “invitation” was already sent out to the Sussexes, but royal staffers aren’t holding their breath when it comes to getting an RSVP from the couple.

“There’s a lot that goes into the logistics and the planning of the family Christmas, so of course, staff know that Harry and Meghan are not coming,” one source told the site. “If they were, they would have communicated it to their family by now.” The insider went on to note, “But this is Her Majesty’s first Christmas without her husband, so one would have hoped they would want to be with her.”

So, why aren’t Meghan and Harry attending? Well, according to Page Six’s source, the couple are wary about the media backlash that they may face once they return to the U.K. “I think everyone understands there will be a frenzy when they both come back to the UK, but they need to rip the [Band-Aid] off and get on with it,” the insider said.

Meghan and Harry have not spent Christmas with the royal family since 2018. The couple opted to break royal tradition in 2019 by spending the winter holidays with their son Archie in Canada. Then, in 2020, the Sussexes were unable to visit the royal family for Christmas a second time due to travel restrictions that prevented them from visiting the U.K. from California, which is where they relocated following their royal exit earlier that year. Needless to say, it’s been quite a while since the Duke and Duchess have celebrated Christmas with the rest of the royal family—and it looks like this will continue to be the case this holiday season.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271November 26, 2021 5:06 PM

Of course not. They've been trashing them this whole year. Harry already lost all of granny's respect. ATTENTION WHORES!

by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2021 9:02 PM

[quote] Here’s Why They’re ‘Not Coming

‘cause they’re cunts

by Anonymousreply 2November 17, 2021 9:05 PM

Harry doesn't realize this might be his last chance to make his grandmother happy, and try to reconcile with the family.

The gesture of taking his family - or maybe even just his two kids - back to England, would go such a long way with the Queen, Prince Charles, and William.

But he would rather play this stupid little game.

I think the fact that he has two young children, would at least open up some dialogue between Harry and his father and brother. It's hard to keep up a grudge, when you have two little kids by your side. And I'm sure Queen Elizabeth would love to see her great-grandchildren.

It's such a small thing, but the gesture would be huge.

Harry really needs to re-think this.

by Anonymousreply 3November 17, 2021 9:06 PM

They know what they've done, they know why, they know what is true and they know what's not.

Given that, how do they go back? This isn't the Hallmark Channel.

by Anonymousreply 4November 17, 2021 9:09 PM

I think it’s most likely they’ll bring the kids over to see the Queen and Charles (not Will) at a lower-key time, maybe between US Thanksgiving and Christmas, be on best behavior, and then the news will come out once they’ve landed back in the US.

Putting everything else aside, they will want for their kids to at least meet their great-gran, and she’ll want to meet them.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some agreement in place to avoid William and Harry being present at the same time. Clearly bad blood there.

by Anonymousreply 5November 17, 2021 9:10 PM

How many does the queen have to cook for?

by Anonymousreply 6November 17, 2021 9:12 PM

[quote] How many does the queen have to cook for?

I heard she's going to Scotland to shoot the pheasant and deer.

After that, she'll haul them back to England, gut them and clean them, butcher them, then cook it.

by Anonymousreply 7November 17, 2021 9:15 PM

It's a pandemic and they have young children who cannot be vaccinated. So of course they are not traveling.

by Anonymousreply 8November 17, 2021 9:20 PM

Yes, that's definitely the reason. They haven't left California in almost two years.

by Anonymousreply 9November 17, 2021 9:21 PM

You actually believe that there are no infants traveling between the US and the UK right now, R8?

Please.

by Anonymousreply 10November 17, 2021 9:21 PM

R8, when you post something that dumb, something that easily countered, do you think or are you trolling?

by Anonymousreply 11November 17, 2021 9:21 PM

R10 and R11 I know you are looking for reasons to troll MM, but there happen to be good reasons they are not traveling. I know a lot of people that are not bringing their young unvaccinated kids out in COVID.

Grow up already. You look stupid constantly holding this vendetta against them! I'm sure that they give ZERO (and I mean ZERO) Fucks about you! Why all the negative energy? You people are so fucking pathetic!

by Anonymousreply 12November 17, 2021 9:24 PM

@r5, a very reasonable response. Too reasonable for a Harry & Meghan thread. Are you new here?

by Anonymousreply 13November 17, 2021 9:26 PM

they are gonna regret it. The Queen's gonna die pretty soon.

by Anonymousreply 14November 17, 2021 9:29 PM

Harry should go himself - without alerting the media. He has use of a private plane. The week before or after Christmas. A quick in and out.

by Anonymousreply 15November 17, 2021 9:33 PM

[quote]R3 It's such a small thing, but the gesture would be huge.

Traveling unnecessarily with young kids during a pandemic is “a small thing”?

by Anonymousreply 16November 17, 2021 9:34 PM

Why do people care so much what these otherwise uninteresting and rather insipid people are doing for the holidays? Seriously. We're living in 2021 not 1801.

by Anonymousreply 17November 17, 2021 9:35 PM

[quote] According to a source who spoke to Page Six

Yes, the palace communicates with a person who leaks to Page Six

by Anonymousreply 18November 17, 2021 9:36 PM

R12, you need to check with your bosses about which script to follow because you're swinging back and forth between weary mug cradler and hostile thrower of Klan Granny. Make up your mind, dear.

by Anonymousreply 19November 17, 2021 9:39 PM

Who knows ….. Harry probably loves his grandmother …. must knew of her ill health, fear she may not last another year. He left his father, brother, the family. They may not be thrilled to have him in their midst. Then there is her. They will blame her, two kids in tow will not charm them. The press will keep an eye on the H&M digs in CA, so a venture out for a super-secret private night flight to England would set the tabloids on fire. Any rich nobody could do it easily, fly over, use Heathrow private-plane area, quick car to Windsor. Done! Windsor has rooms, Harry could hide from any family he did not want to see, really only have to suffer a family gathering at Christmas dinner. Oh poor Gan! Or ….he, they, could stay home in CA. Harry left duties and family … he does not belong with the Windsor family now, he left.

by Anonymousreply 20November 17, 2021 9:39 PM

You’re all responding to an article in “Stylecaster.com”?

The level of stupidity in the DL these days boggles the mind!

by Anonymousreply 21November 17, 2021 9:39 PM

Sorry, I meant to say this is obviously coming from the California contingent who want to get ahead of the story that they are PNG with the rest of the family.

by Anonymousreply 22November 17, 2021 9:40 PM

[quote]they are gonna regret it. The Queen's gonna die pretty soon.

Yeah, I was thinking that too; I saw a recent picture of her and while she's still upright - that' half the battle at her age - she didn't look particularly well. I don't think she'll see another Christmas. No doubt Smegs sees this as some sort of negotiating ploy, but some day Haz will be sorry he didn't make peace with his Grandma before it was too late.

by Anonymousreply 23November 17, 2021 9:42 PM

R12, one point before I block you. I don't look for reasons to troll her. I don't care about her except as someone easy to mock based on her own behaviour. That can happen to public figures who do what she does. They shouldn't even give zero fucks about me or anybody else. We shouldn't exist for them. We don't. They don't exist for me, except as pompous, clueless peacocks to satirize on here. You have a very odd sense of where they or anybody famous figures in the world.

by Anonymousreply 24November 17, 2021 9:43 PM

R19 The Klan Granny is you. Give it a rest already. Your comments are not even interesting or witty. You are just clamoring for attention by attacking high profile people. You're pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 25November 17, 2021 9:44 PM

He's succeed at hiding in Windsor, given everybody else will be a couple of hundred miles away in Norfolk at Sandringham.

by Anonymousreply 26November 17, 2021 9:45 PM

R24, Why the announcement? Just block me already! I don't want to see anything your unenlightened racist ass types! You don't exist for me. Be gone already you dumbass!

by Anonymousreply 27November 17, 2021 9:46 PM

This article was the Palace getting out in front of H&M (for once). By telling the world they're not coming, they're letting H&M them know they're not wanted, so don't come.

by Anonymousreply 28November 17, 2021 9:49 PM

R13 Just someone who thinks the royals are somewhat twisted and enjoys following this outdated institution as an anthropological experiment in how long a populace will agree a handful of people are somehow born special ;-)

I wish there was less ponderously serious vitriol and more lighthearted mockery in these threads. All the royals deserve it!

by Anonymousreply 29November 17, 2021 9:50 PM

R24 R27 is the idiotic Klan Grannie troll whose sole insult is “dumbass”, which should tell you all that you need to know about that fool.

by Anonymousreply 30November 17, 2021 9:53 PM

Angela Levin has just retweeted from a hate account a fake document that is about Meghan. The document was on According to Taz. Word is this one is going to get the ball rolling legally. A twitter account was set up for tips in regards to the hate accounts. They are squealing on each other. One tip allegedly involves screenshots of private conversations between an RR and the hate account. All alleged but it was shown on a gossip site in private chat and looks legit.

by Anonymousreply 31November 17, 2021 9:54 PM

R30 I know that is you R24! LOL Now you are pretending to be different people? HAHAHAHA! You are too invested in this. LOL Your desperation shows, you are indeed, A DUMBASS! 😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 32November 17, 2021 9:56 PM

Oh, God, this again...

by Anonymousreply 33November 17, 2021 9:57 PM

When the Queen first fell ill weeks ago, H&M's PR said they both wanted to go see her. That must have been declined by the palace because then the PR was that Harry would go see the Queen alone.

H&M probably thought it better to have at least one of them go so that they can maintain the illusion that they're still pseudo royals for their Netflix doc. That must have been declined, too, as now the excuse is they're "too busy".

They do not realize that they are not saving face nor fooling anyone. The whole world knows that they are no longer welcome by the family. We knew it the minute the Oprah special ended.

It would be much better had they not commented at all and left it to wonder. They are fools.

by Anonymousreply 34November 17, 2021 9:59 PM

While sensitive to its ratio decidendi, I am saddened by this decision, and it remains my fervent wish that Uncle Harry and Aunt Meghan might reconsider. Their presence at Christmas would, I know, give us all an opportunity to rejoice in glad tidings while acknowledging the inexorable march of fate.

I should also be delighted to show Aunt Meghan my own storybook, written entirely by my hand and secreted in the basement of a remote cottage deep in the thickets at Sandringham.

by Anonymousreply 35November 17, 2021 10:00 PM

If they wanted to go--with or without the kids--they would.

If Mr. & Mrs. Markle are worried about traveling with kids, they could just go on their own for three or four days. And then do a Zoom call to have the queen see the kids especially Lilibet who no one has seen. The Markles don't want to go.

by Anonymousreply 36November 17, 2021 10:09 PM

"deep in the thickets at Sandringham"--priceless!

by Anonymousreply 37November 17, 2021 10:10 PM

Harry has extreme Stockholm Syndrome. Harry is like Patty Hearst and now solely identifies with his captor.

Markle has succeeded in isolating Harry from all family and friends. And she has isolated herself from all of her own family except maybe her mother. She seems to have no old friends--or even any current ones. Everything is a business arrangement particularly new friends, more aptly called "associates."

by Anonymousreply 38November 17, 2021 10:14 PM

Hilarious R35 ! You just know Charlotte will cut a bitch !

by Anonymousreply 39November 17, 2021 10:22 PM

fuck off you troll cunt

by Anonymousreply 40November 17, 2021 10:48 PM

[quote] Harry has extreme Stockholm Syndrome.

Or maybe Harry’s just a passive guy who wasn’t happy and was angry with his family, so chose to marry someone who would flip everything upside down? People marry this way all the time and then blame their spouse rather than be honest with their own family…

by Anonymousreply 41November 17, 2021 10:52 PM

You're a seriously disabled mentally old cunt, OP

by Anonymousreply 42November 17, 2021 10:53 PM

Meghan is sabotaging her husband and her own childrens relationship with their ENTIRE family. As she offers ZERO family connections to this union as she has alienated everyone but her mom. WHAT A COLOSSAL cunt move. Her own children!!

by Anonymousreply 43November 17, 2021 10:54 PM

Why is it Meghan’s fault and not Harry’s? It’s his family.

by Anonymousreply 44November 17, 2021 10:55 PM

Isn’t Harry planning to publish a tell-all after the Queen’s death? Why would any of the BRF want to see them?

by Anonymousreply 45November 17, 2021 10:58 PM

Harry's family are not monsters and most of them went out of their way to welcome and accommodate Meghan. She made up a TON OF DRAMA. And now she is digging in and ruining her kids chances to have relationships with the Queen of England and their own grandfather, the future Kind of England. Not to mention their uncle, the OTHER future Kind of England. I would say this is mental illness and sabotage.

by Anonymousreply 46November 17, 2021 10:59 PM

They want to see him to help him chill the fuck out. They know Harry VERY WELL. He is dumb as hair and a drama queen like his mother. Still he used to have his charm! Newsflash - they LOVE Harry and want to love his kids too. This is all very unnecessary. He got out. But that doesn't mean he has to destroy all his relationships with his family.

by Anonymousreply 47November 17, 2021 11:01 PM

Even before covid, Harry wasnt going hunting with his brother because Rachel had an issue with it.

He adored his grandmum, and was very close with Will and Kate. This is spousal isolation. They named their damn kid after Her Majesty. The least they could do is visit her and bring the baby before she croaks.

by Anonymousreply 48November 17, 2021 11:03 PM

R46 There is no “King of England”.

by Anonymousreply 49November 17, 2021 11:04 PM

I wonder if Harry publishing a tell-all will finally make clear that he’s the one with major issues with his family (his father and brother especially), and Meghan’s not some evil witch pulling a Hansel and Gretel on her family.

Robert Lacey’s Battle of Brothers goes into great and believable detail about Harry’s strained relationships.

by Anonymousreply 50November 17, 2021 11:05 PM

That book is universally panned.

by Anonymousreply 51November 17, 2021 11:07 PM

It wasn’t panned at all. The Times quite liked it.

by Anonymousreply 52November 17, 2021 11:11 PM

They’ll change their minds, once they manage to grift a private plane to take them.

by Anonymousreply 53November 17, 2021 11:12 PM

I think the queen would like to see Harry again. She’s known him all his life. Megs, she met a handful of times. The kids she doesn’t know at all. At Christmas, she’s got the Yorkies’ new babies to coo over as well as the usual cohort of great grandchildren who are all at the cute/rambunctious stage. It’s a house full. I doubt anyone will give a second thought to Harry and family.

by Anonymousreply 54November 17, 2021 11:13 PM

Queen of the UK.

by Anonymousreply 55November 17, 2021 11:13 PM

Harry will live in regret for the rest of his life if he doesn't go and bring at least the kids with him. This could be his grandma's last Christmas. He needs to grow some balls and just tell Meghan he's going, and taking the kids, whether she goes or not. It's still a family, and it's a family matter, disregarding the whole royalty aspect and celebrity aspect and all that crap. She is his grandmother, and their great grandmother, and she's old and doesn't have many years left. Do the right thing, Harry.

by Anonymousreply 56November 17, 2021 11:21 PM

I would think that Merchie and Merchiebet would be worth a hell of a lot more if they had actually MET the Queen; that alone should encourage the 'Duchess' to send em on along for photo shoot, with our without their mother.

by Anonymousreply 57November 17, 2021 11:25 PM

[quote] Angela Levin has just retweeted from a hate account a fake document that is about Meghan. The document was on According to Taz. Word is this one is going to get the ball rolling legally. A twitter account was set up for tips in regards to the hate accounts. They are squealing on each other. One tip allegedly involves screenshots of private conversations between an RR and the hate account. All alleged but it was shown on a gossip site in private chat and looks legit.

Could someone please translate what R31 posted?

It sounds really interesting, but none of this code-speak makes any sense to me.

"Taz," "RR," "hate account." You might as well be speaking Dutch.

by Anonymousreply 58November 17, 2021 11:35 PM

There was once a woman named Susie Sharp Lynch who got divorced from her husband and went to great lengths to keep their two sons away from him and his family because she was extremely bitter about the divorce.

She was narcissistic, extremely paranoid and was constantly making up lies that her ex-husband had mafia connections and was constantly threatening to have her and their kids murdered. She also hated his family and went from great lengths to keep the kids from seeing their grandmother and aunt.

Eventually she entered into an incestuous relationship with her cousin who was a paranoid schizophrenic gun nut who impersonated a doctor and had him kill her former mother-in-law and sister-in-law because they were well off and helping her ex in the custody battle and then she later had him kill her parents and grandmother because they were going to testify against her in court in favor of her ex.

Eventually a police chase and shootout ensued which ended with her, her cousin, her two sons and their dogs all being killed when her cousin had the car rigged to exploded.

This all happened and the mid-80's and after I was done reading about it I realized how much she reminded me of Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 59November 17, 2021 11:38 PM

Harry slandered the institution and his family in a globally broadcast interview while his grandfather lay dying. He is DEAD to them, no matter what is publicly claimed.

by Anonymousreply 60November 17, 2021 11:39 PM

I’m not sure which post is crazier, R31 or R59.

by Anonymousreply 61November 17, 2021 11:40 PM

[quote] They’ll change their minds, once they manage to grift a private plane to take them.

You're dumb.

Oprah or Tyler Perry would provide them with a Private Jet in mere seconds.

by Anonymousreply 62November 17, 2021 11:40 PM

Would that be as thanks for treating the staff so well or for the interview that is now seen much differently?

by Anonymousreply 63November 17, 2021 11:43 PM

I guess that Harry may have to build bridges and visit eventually. However, here's the problem, speculatively speaking, about visiting:

Yes, in theory he probably should visit. But the reality is no one really wants him there. Harry and Markle have deeply hurt, angered and disgusted the British royal family. As a result, Harry would show up with or without Markle and the kids. The queen, maybe Kate, Beatrice and Eugenie would be cordial and fuss over the kids for a couple of hours or maybe an afternoon. But after that, Harry knows he is unwanted. No one will be clamoring to see Harry and no one wants to see Markle or even "ask if she's okay." So what does he do? Where would he go, where would he stay? Sure there are plenty of places for him to stay, but nobody wants to talk to him. So he goes back to his room--and does what?

The family, especially William, doesn't want to see Harry. Charles is hurt, Camilla, Anne and Edward are likely pissed and are not in the mood to coddle Harry. They probably feel like they don't even know him any longer. The family is angry at him for that irreparable lying and toxic interview he and Markle did with Oprah. The media would be all over the Harry's visit. The family would isolate and turn away from Harry and Markle after their initial "Hello and nods." There wouldn't be any good news to report in the media. The visit would damage the family. And if the family isn't all that friendly with Harry and/or Markle, it would give those the opportunity to play the victim once again.

The family is not friendly with with H&M, so what good would a do if they would only realistically spend a couple of hours with each other? No one wants him stopping by for a visit and hanging around their living room when they all have families of their own and want to have happy holidays themselves. Maybe it's better not to force a very unproductive and unfriendly visit. Yes, Harry always says he likes his grandmother, but let's face it, she's 95. She's not going to be hanging around with him for more than an afternoon.

And lastly, they all know he's "writing" (collaborating) on that tell-all book due out next year. A book like that is a deadly and toxic nonstarter with the royal family. They are all going avoid the two Monteshitto grifters as Diana would say, "like a bad rash."

by Anonymousreply 64November 18, 2021 12:34 AM

Why doesn’t Big Liz get off her fat ass and visit Montecito if seeing grandkids is so important to her?

by Anonymousreply 65November 18, 2021 12:54 AM

R65. If Liz couldn't attend Remembrance Day service in London last weekend due to her bad back, do you really expect her to fly halfway around the world?

by Anonymousreply 66November 18, 2021 1:00 AM

I blame Charlotte for all of this.

She's a real bitch.

by Anonymousreply 67November 18, 2021 1:01 AM

She can lie down during the flight.

by Anonymousreply 68November 18, 2021 1:14 AM

That's PRINCESS Charlotte. Now, start practicing your curtsy, trash.

by Anonymousreply 69November 18, 2021 1:18 AM

They will be pelted with rotting garbage , if not bricks, anywhere thy are seen in the UK. Think a whole country likes being portrayed as racist by these 2 prats? Think the family have just forgotten how they made Prince Philip's dying a personal affront to them, an attempt to 'silence' Meghan? As if even a 15"er rammed into her gob could shut that bitch's mouth from spewing her trash. They had no respect for Philip, his life, his service & for the Queen's grief. Hell they even had to pull a grift & merch the wreath they sent. They are trash in the truest sense of the word. They make her family look high class compared to them.

Yeah, I'm so sure the Royal family & all of the UK is just crying that they aren't coming over for Christmas. Everyone knows anything that is said or done will be lied about & twisted to suit there next moneymaking scheme.

The old adage really fits here. Shit on me on shame on you, shit on me twice shame on me.

by Anonymousreply 70November 18, 2021 3:51 AM

I think the saddest/worst part of their divorce from the RF is that they're depriving Archie and Lili of an extended family and possible friendships with their same age cousins. There have been three births in the last year or so: the Yorkies and Zara Tindall. And, of course, their Cambridge cousins aren't that much older.

by Anonymousreply 71November 18, 2021 5:23 AM

yes thats the stupidity and cruelty of it. Is Meghan bringing those kids around to her side of the family? NO. what a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 72November 18, 2021 5:25 AM

Archie and Lilibet will probably never know their cousins, if Harry and Meghan continue on this path.

Which is why it's important that Harry should take them to visit this holiday season.

The Queen is the only one who can bring the family together, at this point.

by Anonymousreply 73November 18, 2021 7:14 AM

[R31] “Hate accounts” are those accounts that are critical of Meghan and Harry. Their possessed followers report the accounts and Twitter suspends them due to the amount of reports.

by Anonymousreply 74November 18, 2021 7:33 AM

R8 It is not like they fly commercial. The fucks have a private jet. All rich folks 'concerned about the planet' have a private jet.

by Anonymousreply 75November 18, 2021 7:43 AM

The Queen seems to be suffering from some heart disease and she will be gone soon. It would be a heartbreaking devastation for me the day she dies even though I am not a Brit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76November 18, 2021 8:07 AM

Exactly how purple are her hands? The man's had is also a shade of purple. Perhaps it's the lighting?

by Anonymousreply 77November 18, 2021 8:35 AM

The real problems will arise when Meghan children are teenagers- a narcissist for a mother and simp for a father is not going to end well.

by Anonymousreply 78November 18, 2021 9:06 AM

For those saying children shouldn't fly between the US/UK. I have done that journey 2x with children, helping a family member. The planes were full of other people travelling with children and everyone was being safe, courteous, and helping each other out. A great many Americans and Brits live in the opposite country and have been travelling to see family on either side. If we mere plebs can do it multiple times safely, I'm sure H&M have the resources to have a safe TransAtlantic journey with their children as well. There are many reasons for them not to go to the UK, but not this one.

by Anonymousreply 79November 18, 2021 9:14 AM

R61, I'm pretty sure the posters who are writing lengthy fantasies about M and/or H being violently killed are worse than the ones obsessed with faked documents passed off as insider gossip. I get comparing the two but good lord that post at r59 is seriously batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 80November 18, 2021 11:04 AM

If they had said they were coming, the British tabloids and all of you would be crying that they were going to disrupt the queen during her I'll health and the stress would send her over the edge, and that they were only thinking of themselves.

Of course since it seems like they aren't coming, you all and the British tabloids are crying that they're offending the queen, banned from the UK, and only thinking of themselves, respectively.

They can't win, you all want them both dead and not living as that is the only acceptable punishment in your minds for going against The Firm, and even then you'd probably find some way to say that the manner of their deaths was offensive to the queen, the UK, or the environment.

They could never win once the Palace started using them to get William and Kate stories off the front pages, they were doomed. Not that any of you care, but just thought I should point all that out.

by Anonymousreply 81November 18, 2021 11:20 AM

R81..Wow you succinctly brilliant statement has convinced everyone, but especially all of the UK of the error of their ways. The queen has just abdicated in their favor. They will be crowned as King & Queen to rule jointly. The crowds are screaming their names. What a glorious day for us all. We all wish there was a way they could rue the world.But they are forever the King & Queen of all our hearts!!

by Anonymousreply 82November 18, 2021 12:25 PM

R81 is right.

And R82 is an example of the over-the-top reaction of "the crazies," when they are told the truth about their behavior.

by Anonymousreply 83November 18, 2021 1:26 PM

In R26, both of them have purple hands because it's freezing in that palace. She's "economizing."

by Anonymousreply 84November 18, 2021 1:36 PM

They were not invited.

by Anonymousreply 85November 18, 2021 1:43 PM

LOL claiming that everyone wants Haz and Megs dead isn't crazy or over the top? I'd love to know what drugs the Megstans are taking.

by Anonymousreply 86November 18, 2021 1:46 PM

It's so weird the way that Meghan loons think that anyone who thinks they're loons have a "boss" telling them what to do. Not everything is complicated, dear. Maybe you're just crazy?

by Anonymousreply 87November 18, 2021 1:46 PM

R81 is Meghan. The stupidity is astounding. R5 seems new here. No way they're going back,especially Meghan. They're not invited nor wanted. Also, for those lacking reading comprehension, r59 was sharing a story ffs. Idiots.

by Anonymousreply 88November 18, 2021 1:52 PM

It's strange how the loony old ladies in Esher who infest this thread act as if they're the Queen's best friend and are in on all the goss.

You need to be more cynical, dears.

by Anonymousreply 89November 18, 2021 1:56 PM

It's the same Sunshine Sachs pattern of saying the exact opposite of what's happening. They throw out shit to see if the BRF will take the bait.

Meghan's mother is going to be invited for Christmas with the Queen. Nope, she wasn't.

Lilibet is going to have a Windsor christening. Crickets.

The Sussexes are going to be invited to Sandringham for Christmas....oh wait...the couple declined.

They can't DECLINE if they weren't invited in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 90November 18, 2021 6:22 PM

Are you sure this one is SS? It doesn't look good to reject an invitation when the queen is ailing and it may be the last chance for Harry to see her and for HM to meet her namesake in person.

by Anonymousreply 91November 18, 2021 6:29 PM

R81 made me laugh. "I thought you should know."

Thanks, so much, fool.

by Anonymousreply 92November 18, 2021 6:36 PM

R91 - let me explain it to you.

SS makes a claim that the Sussexes have been invited to Christmas with the Queen =

Hey, Queenie. We want to come see you so invite us back to England. Maybe we can christen Lilibet while we're over here too!

When the Queen doesn't do what they want = Sadly, the Sussexes have declined her invitation.

Of course, the only way we would know for sure is if the Palace "leaks" that no Xmas invitation was sent to H & M.

Think about it...why would the Sussexes be invited after what Ms. Perjury did? Is the Queen going to ruin everyone's Christmas to accommodate these two losers? Is she going to sully her own reputation and that of the monarchy by having them anywhere near her at this time? I don't think anyone would relish playing "Happy Family".

by Anonymousreply 93November 18, 2021 6:41 PM

As you age you are less able to tolerate stress & high drama. HM is saving herself(or the family is doing it for her)from needless stress & agro. No matter how gracious the RF may be it will get twisted for bucks & attention.

The best way to avoid drama is to avoid dramatic people whenever you can. That's exactly what the RF seem to be doing .Catherine must be on her knees at Westminster Abbey thanking God they are at Monteshitto & praying that they stay there forever more!

by Anonymousreply 94November 18, 2021 7:41 PM

R81. Yes. Everyone loved Meghan’s book and her outfits until the royal family told them not to. Everybody found Harry’s juggling and Meghan’s skit on the Ellen show dignified and hilarious until the Queen issued an royal decree saying otherwise. All Americans wanted to make Meghan president once she cold called senators until the Queen convinced the US government to change the minds of the American people.

by Anonymousreply 95November 18, 2021 9:23 PM

I can't wait to see the fireworks between William and Harry, when the Queen is no longer around.

I think it'll be all-out WAR.

by Anonymousreply 96November 18, 2021 11:55 PM

Harry isn't going to get anywhere near William, r96, and William will ignore Harry's provocations.

by Anonymousreply 97November 19, 2021 12:33 AM

You're, welcome, r92!

by Anonymousreply 98November 19, 2021 12:45 AM

Emoticons are so persuasive. All the great writers and intellects use them.

by Anonymousreply 99November 19, 2021 12:47 AM

You know r81 is true. Pretend otherwise all you want, mentally disturbed crazies.

by Anonymousreply 100November 19, 2021 12:48 AM

Poor r99.

by Anonymousreply 101November 19, 2021 12:49 AM

Yes, yes. Zzzzzzzzzzz......

by Anonymousreply 102November 19, 2021 12:49 AM

[quote]R71 I think the saddest/worst part of their divorce from the RF is that they're depriving Archie and Lili of an extended family and possible friendships with their same age cousins.

Why aren’t these precious cousins who are crying their eyes out every night due to the grief of separation visiting California? Surely they’re welcome.

by Anonymousreply 103November 19, 2021 6:35 AM

Not ever seeing cousins is not a big deal. It's common. I never see mine except at funerals.

by Anonymousreply 104November 19, 2021 9:01 AM

Yes. It’s usually no great loss not to know your cousins but in their case they could use some alternative to their immediate family.

by Anonymousreply 105November 19, 2021 9:14 AM

[quote]claiming that everyone wants Haz and Megs dead

No one has said every one of you weirdos wants Meghan dead. A few of us have said r59 was really fucked up, and it was.

I'm truly unable to understand why you guys think any of this stupidity is planted by the PR from either side. Are you unfamiliar with gossip rags in general? They make things up. There's no need to debate whether some PR firm planted this because it wasn't planted by anyone, it was invented by a gossip website that has one goal: to make money.

by Anonymousreply 106November 19, 2021 9:21 AM

^Well, the article in New York Magazine last week, re the "trolls" that are allegedly harassing MeAgain online, was indeed written by someone at UCLA in an "institute" that is paid for and supported by Archewell. That fact appears nowhere in connection with the piece itself, it was only pointed out by readers in the Comments section, who bothered to look into the author of the piece. So, yes, the Harkles paid for that lengthy and fraudulent "expose' ", which was based entirely on fake forensic science. She paid for this and it was exposed very quickly. The article is still online, it's in their section called "The Cut."

by Anonymousreply 107November 19, 2021 12:36 PM

Okay, but that was in a national magazine (and even that seems like some conspiracy-style jumps, IMO). Thinking anyone is paid to come into Datalounge and post just seems like delusions of grandeur.

by Anonymousreply 108November 19, 2021 12:39 PM

It means quite a lot when you're great-grandma is queen and your grandpa is king, r104. Even when your uncle is king and then, one day, the cousin you barely know is king.

by Anonymousreply 109November 19, 2021 12:39 PM

[quote] That must have been declined by the palace because then the PR was that Harry would go see the Queen alone

This post is like Bigfoot. No proof.

And those who believe in it are stupid and crazy.

by Anonymousreply 110November 19, 2021 1:04 PM

Meghan’s worse crime is she made Harry unfuckable. Nobody wants him now. He looks like a putz.

by Anonymousreply 111November 19, 2021 1:22 PM

[quote]Yes. It’s usually no great loss not to know your cousins but in their case they could use some alternative to their immediate family.

Which might explain why the immediate family likes the arrangements as they are?

by Anonymousreply 112November 19, 2021 1:40 PM

R106, read R81.

by Anonymousreply 113November 19, 2021 2:23 PM

I don't care what the adults in my family do.

I'm just a little girl! Why do you tired old queens keep bringing me into this?

Once my daddy and my granddaddy kick the bucket I will be a REAL Queen!

In the meantime you bitches better keep my fucking name outta your mouth!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114November 19, 2021 8:16 PM

R93 - obviously, it would be separate from the rest of the family if it were to happen.

by Anonymousreply 115November 19, 2021 8:26 PM

Please, Princess Charlotte, can you do anything about the two tosspots residing in Montecito?

I bow down to Thee if you can save us from them and their stupidity.

by Anonymousreply 116November 19, 2021 8:27 PM

You will NEVER be Queen.

I'm the only Queen around here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117November 20, 2021 12:55 AM

R116 Listen you little Whore, what part of "I don't get involved in grown folks business" did you not understand?

R117 George, honey we all know you would rather be a "queen" than King and that's not an option. Don't make me bitch slap you... AGAIN!

by Anonymousreply 118November 20, 2021 8:27 PM

I can't imagine who would want them for Christmas. Adele? More piss stains on her couch. Perry? More staff insulted. Oprah? More bold faced lies. Who? You. Harry not so fuckable anymore, for sure. So I think the appeal ...and just like that its Gone!!

by Anonymousreply 119November 20, 2021 8:40 PM

The George and Charlotte schtick is so fucking tired.

by Anonymousreply 120November 20, 2021 8:44 PM

Maybe George and Charlotte can have a conversation with the Dafur orphan?

by Anonymousreply 121November 20, 2021 8:50 PM

I heard in a documentary that The Majesty used to often visit Kentucky to visit friends who were also horse aficionados. She visited as a private citizen so it never made the news. Anyone know if this is true or even possible. I can't imagine, as some suggest upthread, that the duck and duckass of Grifting could visit the UK totally incognito.

I had the uncanny luck of encountering The Majesty's motorcade one day outside Buckingham Palace than Charles' motorcade the next day by Parliament Square. There were not many cars but the security made it all obvious.

by Anonymousreply 122November 20, 2021 8:51 PM

[quote]R122 I had the uncanny luck of encountering The Majesty's motorcade one day outside Buckingham Palace than Charles' motorcade the next day by Parliament Square.

Was this the highlight of your life… having those cars blow street dust on you as you pressed your face to the glass?

by Anonymousreply 123November 20, 2021 9:12 PM

You're pathetic, R123.

by Anonymousreply 124November 20, 2021 9:15 PM

[quote] Dafur orphan

Oh DEAR.

by Anonymousreply 125November 21, 2021 12:11 AM

Pretty sure there was a scene in The Crown a couple seasons ago in which the queen planned to visit some breeders in the US with Porchy. I can’t remember if she was actually able to go.

by Anonymousreply 126November 21, 2021 12:49 AM

R122, The Queen visited Kentucky a number of times in her pursuit of horse-breeding stock. I never read about Lord Porchester joining her on her visits.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127November 21, 2021 2:45 AM

Big Liz and the BRF need to all get on with their own lives, and stop obsessing about Harry and Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 128November 21, 2021 2:52 AM

Americans should stop calling her “Big Liz” - it’s not at all funny.

by Anonymousreply 129November 21, 2021 2:54 AM

What are we supposed to call her? Just Liz?

by Anonymousreply 130November 21, 2021 3:00 AM

Little Liz, she is quite petite.

by Anonymousreply 131November 21, 2021 3:01 AM

Ickle Liz

by Anonymousreply 132November 21, 2021 3:01 AM

R129. They never mention them.

by Anonymousreply 133November 21, 2021 3:12 AM

How about “HM”, if bigger words frighten you, R130?

by Anonymousreply 134November 21, 2021 3:17 AM

HM is a smaller word than even Liz.

by Anonymousreply 135November 21, 2021 3:18 AM

I don't know about Kentucky but she does own U.S. several properties and does have a few close friends over here she secretly visits once in a while.

by Anonymousreply 136November 21, 2021 3:18 AM

You’re an idiot R135.

by Anonymousreply 137November 21, 2021 3:31 AM

The interest in these inbred twats amazes me.

by Anonymousreply 138November 21, 2021 3:34 AM

And yet here you are, R138.

by Anonymousreply 139November 21, 2021 3:41 AM

[quote]Big Liz and the BRF need to all get on with their own lives, and stop obsessing about Harry and Meghan.

Harry and Meghan need to get on with their own lives, and stop obsessing over their royal connection and using the titles that "Big Liz" allows them to continue using.

by Anonymousreply 140November 21, 2021 1:26 PM

Dying Liz would be more apt.

by Anonymousreply 141November 22, 2021 7:14 AM

[QUOTE] Harry isn't going to get anywhere near William, [R96], and William will ignore Harry's provocations.

Why would Harry want to approach that sour old bully with a head like a boiled egg? He looks like a tall version of Eastenders' Phil Mitchell.

by Anonymousreply 142November 22, 2021 7:15 AM

But Harry is married to the sour old bully r142.

by Anonymousreply 143November 22, 2021 8:46 AM

Meghan Markle is a cunt and has funky feet!

by Anonymousreply 144November 22, 2021 10:07 AM

When can I meet my great-gran?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145November 22, 2021 10:22 AM

^ Never. Anyway, you're not Lilibet whom I want to meet her namesake so that I can make a few bucks out of it, so you're pretty much irrelevant anyway.

by Anonymousreply 146November 22, 2021 10:30 AM

R145 That is a beautiful baby!

by Anonymousreply 147November 22, 2021 11:11 AM

[quote]R145 When can I meet my great-gran?

Do you really want to see a blackamoor brooch that badly?

by Anonymousreply 148November 22, 2021 2:31 PM

I wonder what kind of stories they're going to fill those kids' heads with as they come to realize who their father's family is

by Anonymousreply 149November 22, 2021 3:15 PM

I find Markle and Harry intensely irritating, but I also understand the need to distance yourself from bad family dynamics.

They made the situation worse with all their dramatics, but I do believe at the beginning it was a generally bad situation and they needed to leave.

There probably was some racism, William seems a dick, Kate seems frigidly aloof, Charles has always been an asshole.

Had they gone away quietly and in an organized way, I think the sympathy would still be with them.

by Anonymousreply 150November 22, 2021 3:19 PM

R150 - they left because of many reasons and not any of them are because of the three people you mentioned.

(1) the main reason they left is the incredible need to make money from their titles and they couldn't do it within the BRF because the Queen said no to their "half-in/half out" request.

(2) They left because they couldn't control the bad, mean British press and Buckingham Palace wasn't going to stick up for them because most of the bad stories were TRUE. The Palace gave them people to help, buried the bullying in the hope it would go away. Highly doubtful there was racism.

(3) Meghan needed to find her "voice" and she couldn't do it within the Royal Family. Meghan doesn't like to be any number but No# 1 but alas, in the Windsor family, No# 1 is THE QUEEN. It always has to be about MEGHAN.

by Anonymousreply 151November 22, 2021 3:33 PM

I agree with you, r151. I think Harry and Markle are very unlikeabke.

But I also think Harry has been the family scapegoat for his whole life, and it’s inherently dysfunctional to have one kid raised to be King and the other left at loose ends.

I think the family probably tried their best.

by Anonymousreply 152November 22, 2021 3:44 PM

Markle will neverlet either child set foot in England. She's afraid they would not be permitted to leave.

by Anonymousreply 153November 22, 2021 3:51 PM

[quote]R149 I wonder what kind of stories they're going to fill those kids' heads with as they come to realize who their father's family is

Won’t photographs take care of that?

Big Liz gives her big salute:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154November 22, 2021 4:06 PM

Lol r154, you can thank the idiot who had to abdicate because he'd married a grifting American divorcee for that.

by Anonymousreply 155November 22, 2021 4:15 PM

More carefree family snaps

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156November 22, 2021 4:21 PM

[quote]R154 you can thank the idiot who had to abdicate because he'd married a grifting American divorcee for that.

Nothing to do with Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother, who’s leading the pack in the long suppressed footage? Interesting theory.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157November 22, 2021 4:27 PM

She wasn't Queen Elizabeth or the Queen Mother at the time r157 and, unlike the abdicating idiot and his grifting American divorcee wife, she wasn't a Nazi sympathiser, especially once it had become clear just what a danger Hitler was and after the war had broken out.

If you're trying to suggest that the Queen or the Queen Mother are, or were, Nazi sympathisers, then you're an idiot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158November 22, 2021 4:57 PM

[quote]But I also think Harry has been the family scapegoat for his whole life, and it’s inherently dysfunctional to have one kid raised to be King and the other left at loose ends.

Maybe in some respects, but there seems to be pretty good evidence that the BRF crafty Harry's image as "Naughty Prince Harry" when in fact he was a very dim, immature and mean jerk. But you're right that Harry's insecurity can't tolerate the power imbalance with William so he acts out in petty & self-sabotaging ways

by Anonymousreply 159November 22, 2021 5:13 PM

*crafted*

by Anonymousreply 160November 22, 2021 5:13 PM

[quote]r158 If you're trying to suggest that the Queen or the Queen Mother are, or were, Nazi sympathisers, then you're an idiot.

The House of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (ie, Windsor) is German, right down to the bone.

Look it up.

by Anonymousreply 161November 22, 2021 5:35 PM

So, r161? And Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon was not.

by Anonymousreply 162November 22, 2021 5:40 PM

The current Windsors are German, Scottish, Danish and (from William on down) a healthy dose of aristrocratic English (with a small dash of American mixed in there).

by Anonymousreply 163November 22, 2021 5:42 PM

And all people if German origin, especially those living outside of Germany, were Nazis.

Prince Albert was the last person in the Queen’s direct lineage to have lived in Germany. He left the country around 1840.

by Anonymousreply 164November 22, 2021 5:43 PM

You’re an idiot R161.

The Queen is English and married a Dane. Her father was English and married a Scot. Her grandfather was English and married an Englishwoman of German descent. Her great grandfather was English and married a Dane.

Hardly German “to the bone”.

by Anonymousreply 165November 22, 2021 5:43 PM

[quote]r162 Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon was not.

Oh, she got in line REAL fast. Look at the film footage. It’s at r157, for the whole world to see. She’s the one who leads the salute!

by Anonymousreply 166November 22, 2021 5:45 PM

R166, do you realise that this footage is from 1933, before it was understood internationally what a threat Hitler was? Once it was understood, only Edward and Wallis among the royal family continued to admire him. If you're trying to argue that Bowes-Lyon or the 7-year-old Elizabeth were Nazi sympathisers, then you're talking crap.

by Anonymousreply 167November 22, 2021 5:51 PM

Is this Queen Mum Was A Nazi cunt the same cunt who has been trying to bring up this topic in the LSA's MMUO thread only yesterday and today?

by Anonymousreply 168November 22, 2021 5:56 PM

[quote]r167 Do you realise that this footage is from 1933?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169November 22, 2021 5:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170November 22, 2021 5:59 PM

R170 What does one photograph from 88 years ago have to do with the Queen’s Christmas guest list in 2021?

I’m struggling to make the connection.

by Anonymousreply 171November 22, 2021 6:06 PM

Hardly “long suppressed” R157 - the footage was published in 2015. It was in the news for a day or so then forgotten.

You’ll have to try harder.

by Anonymousreply 172November 22, 2021 6:11 PM

I agree with r85. I seriously doubt they were invited. Harry has that tell-all book coming out next year, and there's no repairing these relationships with that on the horizon.

by Anonymousreply 173November 22, 2021 6:14 PM

The footage was “long suppressed” in that it was kept in the family archives for 80+ years… probably just brought out by them to screen at Xmas and the occasional private rally.

by Anonymousreply 174November 22, 2021 6:29 PM

Sure R174. You’re deluded, but I think we can all see that.

by Anonymousreply 175November 22, 2021 6:32 PM

R174 What does an 88 year old photo have to do with the Christmas travel plans of two residents of California in 2021?

by Anonymousreply 176November 22, 2021 6:40 PM

R176 nothing. Someone here is obsessed with trying to derail the thread.

by Anonymousreply 177November 22, 2021 6:43 PM

The incriminating photo and footage were posted in response to

[quote] r149 I wonder what kind of stories they're going to fill those kids' heads with as they come to realize who their father's family is

by Anonymousreply 178November 22, 2021 8:06 PM

It's always amusing to see people like 174, 178, etc al. doggedly and proudly display their idiocy. Proceed, please. Reach back a little further and whine about Queen Mary and how she wasn't prosecuted for theft.

[Quote]But I also think Harry has been the family scapegoat for his whole life,

What has Harry been blamed for besides his own bad behavior? Certainly not his parents' or relatives' failures. I don't recall reading anything unflattering about him before the wedding besides the Nazi costume incident and calling two of his fellow soldiers "paki" and "raghead." And the time as a teen when he was caught smoking pot.

by Anonymousreply 179November 22, 2021 8:43 PM

R178 Elizabeth I was apparently a right old racist. See if you can dig up some incriminating video of her.

by Anonymousreply 180November 22, 2021 8:46 PM

The claim that the BRF are all racists is M & H's cash cow. If he goes back now, he loses every credibility.

by Anonymousreply 181November 22, 2021 9:45 PM
by Anonymousreply 182November 22, 2021 11:06 PM

If the AC declines the appeal, will ANL have to pay the Sussex's legal costs.

by Anonymousreply 183November 22, 2021 11:09 PM

^sorry, wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 184November 22, 2021 11:42 PM

They weren't invited. The end.

That's strictly their PR doing the manifesting trick: if they say it happened, it will happen.

The Sussexes know that Knauf finally gave that damning shit to ANL's legal team because the Palace, taking the gloves off after the Oprah interview, greenlit it for Knauf. Knauf works for William and Kate now. Charles also won't protect Meghan any longer just to protect Harry. And the Queen was livid about the Lilibet shit.

Christmas lunch with the family? Really? The photo op walk from church at Sandringham with the public waiting outside to boo the Harkles?

I don't think so. And they don't give fuck all about the two kids who are complete strangers to them. Charles has three others he adores and to whose mother and father he has become much closer.

They hate Meghan's guts and she knows it and they know she knows it. They don't want her anywhere near them. If Harry wants to try to make po peace with his Gran before she dies, he should slip in privately to do so.

But of course he won't be interested unless he can broadcast it to the world.

Meghan was just outed as a perjurer through Palace channels. If by some chance ANL pull this off, and I think there's a small chance they could, Meghan will know it was the Palace that fucked her over.

The Palace quietly took the gloves off after that shit in the spring.

People assuring the world that the Harkles got an invitation but turned it down are lying. Getting in front of an unpleasant story is their stock in trade.

They weren't invited.

by Anonymousreply 185November 23, 2021 12:02 AM

I completely agree, R185. Hell will freeze over before that family allows the Sussexes anywhere near them or any official event again. The BRF is smart to project sadness - or softness, even, perhaps a wish to be reconciled - over Harry and Meghan's withdrawal but I have a bridge to sell to anyone who thinks the sentiment behind the scenes is anything other than ice cold resentment. I believe the rift between William and Harry is deep, and probably lifelong.

by Anonymousreply 186November 23, 2021 12:11 AM

[quote]r186 Is this Queen Mum Was A Nazi cunt the same cunt who has been trying to bring up this topic in the LSA's MMUO thread only yesterday and today?

Yes. Because only 1 person knows of the Windsor/fascism connection.

That makes sense.

by Anonymousreply 187November 23, 2021 6:41 AM

Why is anyone reaching way back for Nazi sympathiser evidence when we have this little gem from recent history right here?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188November 23, 2021 9:38 AM

The royal ass kissing on here is grotesque. The thread is jampacked with drooling Klan hags.

by Anonymousreply 189November 23, 2021 10:39 AM

That photo was taken before Megsie rescued Harry! Back then he was still under the influence of his evil and racist family!! Now Harry has been properly neutered and woke!!!

by Anonymousreply 190November 23, 2021 12:47 PM

THE QUEEN IS DYING

by Anonymousreply 191November 23, 2021 7:49 PM

[quote] do you realise that this footage is from 1933, before it was understood internationally what a threat Hitler was?

This isn’t right, especially with respect to a family with great power and social and diplomatic connections inside Germany at that time. It was apparent in 1933 that Hitler was ginning up anti-Semitic sentiment, alarming enough that Germans like Victor Klemperer noticed his neighbors and colleagues bullying Jews and German Jews being locked out of their jobs and homes. Outside Germany, intelligent people who were well-versed in international affairs knew something was going wrong there and were alarmed when they saw the Nuremberg Rally. Remember, the Mitfords and other members of the aristocracy were involved with the British Union of Fascists, which went to Germany in 1933 to meet Hitler.

This doesn’t really show the Queen Mum was a Nazi, but it does show she was vapid, emphasizing that there’s nothing particularly sophisticated about the royal family’s grasp of world affairs. The country has been very lucky with QEII that she is aware of her own limitations in that area and doesn’t take a heavy hand.

by Anonymousreply 192November 23, 2021 8:06 PM

Who know what the intention was in those gestures almost 90 years ago. My first assumption was that they were joking around and making fun of Hitler at a time before the death camps were in place , much less known about. Finding footage of someone imitating Trump 90 years from now won’t necessarily mean that person was a Trump supporter. On the other hand, it is possible they were hard core Nazis, but I don’t think this photo makes that possibility any more likely than it otherwise would have been.

In any event the Queen was a small child. If you want to criticise the royal family, there are probably more plausible reasons than this silly photo.

by Anonymousreply 193November 23, 2021 8:17 PM

[quote] Finding footage of someone imitating Trump 90 years from now won’t necessarily mean that person was a Trump supporter.

I totally agree, but it’s a good sign that of us (me included) were shortsighted and foolish not to take his thread seriously. So if someone produced a picture of me jokingly giving a thumbs up to Trump, it would be fair for people of the future to look at me and go, “stupid fool!” But as you say, that applies to the Queen Mother, not the kids who are just copying along. I’m guessing QEII feels her stomach turn looking at that picture given her war experiences.

by Anonymousreply 194November 23, 2021 8:21 PM

It was a private film, not something they posted on Facebook. I don’t see it as particularly foolish.

by Anonymousreply 195November 23, 2021 8:32 PM

[quote]R194 I’m guessing QEII feels her stomach turn looking at that picture given her war experiences.

I would certainly hope so. And why does she refuse to comment on it? It’s shocking.

by Anonymousreply 196November 23, 2021 8:37 PM

It really isn’t. And it’s neither to be expected nor advisable that she explain every private act, especially those she engaged in as a child, in public

by Anonymousreply 197November 23, 2021 8:42 PM

It's not shocking. She doesn't comment on anything.

by Anonymousreply 198November 23, 2021 8:51 PM

[quote]R296 It’s shocking.

[quote]r197 It really isn’t.

Then why did it make headlines?

Are you in home movies like that??

by Anonymousreply 199November 23, 2021 8:52 PM

Get over it and stop adding 2 +2 and getting 5... even the editor of The Sun, at the time, said it was more about the Duke of Windsor than anything about the Queen or the Queen Mother. The film taken in 1933... the year Hitler first became Chancellor:

Mr Abell told the BBC the video was a piece of "social history" and said the paper had set out the context of the time and explained that the Queen and Queen Mother went on to become "heroes" of World War Two. He denied the video had intruded into the Royal Family's privacy. "I think this is a piece of social history. One of the most significant events in our country's history, the Second World War, the rise of Nazism, one of the most pernicious movements in human history, and I think one is entitled to have a look at some of the background to it." He added: "We're very clear. We're of course not suggesting anything improper on behalf of the Queen or the Queen Mum."

Sun managing editor Stig Abell said he did not accept Buckingham Palace's accusation that the footage had been "exploited". He said the newspaper had decided to publish the story because it was of great public importance and the involvement of Prince Edward gave it "historical significance".

I know that was 1933 and this is 2021 when facts don't matter and you just make anything up to suit any agenda you've got, but for those of us who dwell in the real world, this is what it is and what it was... I think we have all had a moment of foolishness or thoughtlessness witnessed by others that looks stupid in isolation and is explicable if mildly awkward in hindsight.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200November 23, 2021 8:59 PM

First of all I want to confirm that you really honestly consider most or all headlines to be related to matters of great moral importance. If so, I find that very very hard to believe. I think if someone found a film of the Queen doing karate as a child it could well make headlines.

I could certainly imagine myself mocking Hitler innthe early thirties. In case you’ve never heard of it, there was a television program called Hogan’s Heroes that portrayed the Nazis as nothing worse than bumbling fools. And this was a couple of decades after the death camps were publicised. And virtually all the actors playing them were Jewish refugees from Nazi Germany. That I do find a bit bizarre and in questionable taste given the Nazis were known to have committed genocide at that point. However,It was EXTREMELY common for kids and even adults to imitate these buffoonish nazi characters To date none of the executives or Jewish actors associated with the programme has disowned it or apologised for it think it would be even weirder for the Queen to apologise for this innocuous bit of behaviour as a child

by Anonymousreply 201November 23, 2021 9:11 PM

R76, she’s in better health than Wendy Williams.

by Anonymousreply 202November 23, 2021 9:31 PM

Fingers crossed that thrifty Megs finds some online coupon codes for flights. Then maybe they’ll change their minds.

by Anonymousreply 203November 23, 2021 9:33 PM

In 1933, there was still much naivety about the new German government and the British royal family was expected to welcome it. This is so long ago that George V was still on the throne (and, yes, I know the Queen herself is still just about alive).

BBC article that attempts to contextualise this short film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204November 23, 2021 10:46 PM

Yes - she is 95 and her grandfather was monarch at the time. Her uncle was heir to the throne. She was seven years old and never expected to inherit the throne. But yeah, a bunch of Americans are going to obsess about an 88 year old clip published six years ago as if that’s relevant.

by Anonymousreply 205November 23, 2021 10:51 PM

[quote]R205 But yeah, a bunch of Americans are going to obsess about an 88 year old clip published six years ago

The BBC broke the story, didn’t they? So it’s not as if only Americans found it distasteful.

Don’t put your royalty’s bowing and scraping to Hitler on US.

by Anonymousreply 206November 23, 2021 11:12 PM

I think it was The Sun broke the story. It was 18 seconds of film, not a feature with lederhosen.

by Anonymousreply 207November 23, 2021 11:19 PM

There was no story to break, r206. The film was unearthed, people commented that it was probably naive but in no way a sign of Nazi sympathies, and that was it. It's some dumb American on this thread who is trying to make a big deal out of it, when it really is not a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 208November 23, 2021 11:19 PM

They’re not “my royalty”, R206.

Don’t assume that if I’m not American that I must be British.

by Anonymousreply 209November 23, 2021 11:29 PM

They weren't bowing and scraping. That's ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 210November 23, 2021 11:31 PM

Then it’s even sadder you admire and defend these people.

by Anonymousreply 211November 24, 2021 12:28 AM

Again, R211 - showing your ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 212November 24, 2021 12:37 AM

I really doubt QEII is secretly visiting friends in the USA in recent decades but what do I know.

by Anonymousreply 213November 24, 2021 3:12 AM

Oh R213 she was just here with me and the dog, drinking sherry and asking how to baste a turkey.

by Anonymousreply 214November 24, 2021 3:25 AM

She has visited friends in Kentucky five times from 2984 to 2007.

by Anonymousreply 215November 24, 2021 3:39 AM

by Anonymousreply 216November 24, 2021 3:40 AM

It’s hardly a secret that HM has friends in Kentucky horse country who she has visited occasionally, either privately or while on an official visit to the USA.

by Anonymousreply 217November 24, 2021 3:40 AM

R 211 A friend informed me that the BBC is investigating other recently discovered footage of well known British and American figures bowing and scraping before Hitler. . To make it worse, unlike the Queen, these celebrities are rumoured to have been middle aged at the time and to have done so decades after the Final Solution was put into effect. in addition they are rumoured to have done so very publicly and not in their private garden where they would have assumed no one would see them. It is very disturbing since this behaviour would almost certainly mean that these figures were nazi sympathisers and confined the extermination of Jews and other minorities. The names have not been confirmed, but there are rumours that they include figues as prominent as John Cleese, Werner Klemperer, and Charlie Chaplin.

by Anonymousreply 218November 24, 2021 3:53 AM

[quote] All Americans wanted to make Meghan president once she cold called senators until the Queen convinced the US government to change the minds of the American people.

Such a profound understanding of the ways of the world...

by Anonymousreply 219November 24, 2021 4:06 AM

Such a profound understanding of satire.

by Anonymousreply 220November 24, 2021 8:46 AM

Queen Elizabeth is literally a Fucking Welfare Queen. She has never had to work for anything. She and her entire family collect government checks every month just for waking up in the morning.

Everybody hates these fucking people! They aint shit!

This ridiculous antiquated system based on racism and a birthright privilege takes advantage of the struggling and hard working people of the UK yet somehow you all want to attack the one person who has nothing to do with the shit, doesn't even live in your country anymore and is not even getting a check as somehow being the villain and the opportunist? You fuckers are sick!

If for any reason Harry ever crawls back to those autocratic racist assholes, Meghan should change the locks and tell him to stay his ass over there.

You people deserve to be taken advantage of by your racist Welfare Queen!

by Anonymousreply 221November 24, 2021 10:36 AM

R221 needs to have his nappy changed.

by Anonymousreply 222November 24, 2021 11:20 AM

R222 Needs to get off his needs and try to retrieve his balls from Queen Elizabeth's purse.

by Anonymousreply 223November 24, 2021 11:29 AM

R221 isn't very good at MadLibs.

by Anonymousreply 224November 24, 2021 12:02 PM

[quote] This ridiculous antiquated system based on racism and a birthright privilege takes advantage of the struggling and hard working people of the UK yet somehow you all want to attack the one person who has nothing to do with the shit

Hi Megsie, just give up calling yourself a duchess and everything will be okay. Promise!

by Anonymousreply 225November 24, 2021 12:15 PM

[quote]Hi Megsie, just give up calling yourself a duchess and everything will be okay. Promise!

Then she can go back to being a simple wife of a Prince of the Blood.

by Anonymousreply 226November 24, 2021 12:34 PM

Fun fact: it has an exceptionally high blood alcohol measure.

by Anonymousreply 227November 24, 2021 12:36 PM

R222 Needs to get off his *knees!

by Anonymousreply 228November 24, 2021 1:05 PM

R225 Honey, why do you care what she calls herself? Is that keeping you up at night? Get a Netflix subscription... and chill.

by Anonymousreply 229November 24, 2021 1:07 PM

“Hello Senator? This is the Princess Henry. I’m calling you today about an important issue…”

by Anonymousreply 230November 24, 2021 1:38 PM

R221 you lost me at “her entire family collects government checks every month”. They don’t.

Although it’s a funny visual of them all lined up at the dole office.

by Anonymousreply 231November 24, 2021 3:42 PM

R231 Are you not aware that the Royal Family annually receives money (A Sovereign grant) from the UK that covers monthly expenses?

I know some of you think it is cute to make snarky (yet grossly misinformed) comments but it doesn't make you look smart or even remotely witty. It just makes you look STOOOO-PID!!!!

I have attached an article to save your dumb ass! 🤪

Please educate yourself before trying to come at people who know better than you. It just makes you look like a Dumb Dumb!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232November 24, 2021 4:20 PM

The only one looking stupid here is you, Megh fancunt.

Now be a good girl and fuck off back to LSA or Celebitchy or whatever hole you came out from.

by Anonymousreply 233November 24, 2021 5:10 PM

R233 NOPE, The fool is still you. Your ignorance has nothing to do with me or Meghan or anyone else. That's all on you sis!

You look stupid all by yourself! BTW, very weak attempt at a distraction for you being so grossly misinformed.

Take the "L". You lost this one numb nutz! Now why don't YOU just fuck off! LOL

by Anonymousreply 234November 24, 2021 7:08 PM

R232.

by Anonymousreply 235November 24, 2021 7:14 PM

insider.com?

Right. Author appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 236November 24, 2021 7:15 PM

The government of the UK may be a more reliable source.

"It sets the single grant supporting the monarch’s official business, enabling The Queen to discharge her duties as Head of State. It meets the central staff costs and running expenses of Her Majesty’s official household – including official receptions, investitures and garden parties. It also covers maintenance of the Royal Palaces in England and the cost of travel to carry out royal engagements such as opening buildings and other royal visits.

In exchange for this public support, The Queen surrenders the revenue from The Crown Estate to the government which for 2019-20 was £345 million. The Sovereign Grant for 2021-22 is £86.3 million which is 25% of £345 million. Section 2 explains how this is calculated."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237November 24, 2021 7:20 PM

Thank you, R237 - I’ll take the UK government’s view over insider.com.

R232 you’re not very bright, are you?

by Anonymousreply 238November 24, 2021 7:37 PM

R232 If you’re going to be such a fool as to reference insider.com, it would help that you had read it, as opposed to just googling “Queen’s income” then pasting the first returned URL. There is nothing in that article that supports the content of your rant.

And speaking of rants - there is nothing that denotes that the author of a post is a deranged and uneducated Megstan more than multiple uses of exclamation marks!!, CAPS and the use of “words” such as “NOPE”, “sis”, “NUMB NUTZ”, “STOOO-PID” and “dumbass”. Not to mention your unnecessary use of “FUCK!!”, which handily combines a couple of the above examples.

But thanks for your contribution, “sis” - I can see where you’re from.

by Anonymousreply 239November 24, 2021 7:49 PM

R221 please stick around and continue with your informed contributions to the dialogue. I find you and your communication style wildly amusing, especially when read in what I assume is your accent:

“fucking welfare Queen”

“They aint shit!”

“Stay his ass over there!!”

🤪

“Dumb Dumb”

by Anonymousreply 240November 24, 2021 8:00 PM

R238 You're an idiot. There is no additional information in the article at R237 pertaining to the fact of you not understanding that your Queen is in fact a Welfare Queen! LOL That was the original conversation. Try to keep up! 🤪 Your "friend" did not save you. You are still a FOOL! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

by Anonymousreply 241November 24, 2021 8:15 PM

R233 R238 R239, R240 You sound like the same FOOL! So I will address you together. Oh I intend to stick around and I will always call out a fool LIKE YOU who thinks they can come on here with a snide remark when they are GROSSLY MISINFORMED which is what you are concerning your Fucking Welfare Queen! HAHAHAHAHA!

You are so FUCKING STOOOOO-PID! I love confronting ignorant flamers like you. You deserve EVERYTHING i am giving you because I picture you as some fat disgusting looking loser, with no money no job and a micro penis who comes on to troll people who are better looking and have a job and a life. You are nothing but a petty pathetic LOSER! You obviously come on here to harass people but I am having no parts of it. Just know that I am here to laugh at you! HAHAHAHA!

You are gonna get as good as (actually BETTER) than you give! So bring it on "SIS!" 🤪😂😂😂😂😂

by Anonymousreply 242November 24, 2021 8:24 PM

The stans always reflect so well on Meagain.

by Anonymousreply 243November 24, 2021 8:26 PM

R243 Not a stan - of anyone. I don't give a fuck about her, I'm just not suffering any fools today. 😜

by Anonymousreply 244November 24, 2021 8:28 PM

She’s obviously on a sugar high from her daily McFlurry. Gotta get those trans fats in, right sis?

by Anonymousreply 245November 24, 2021 8:31 PM

'Queen Elizabeth is literally a Fucking Welfare Queen. She has never had to work for anything. She and her entire family collect government checks every month just for waking up in the morning.

Everybody hates these fucking people! They aint shit!

This ridiculous antiquated system based on racism and a birthright privilege takes advantage of the struggling and hard working people of the UK yet somehow you all want to attack the one person who has nothing to do with the shit, doesn't even live in your country anymore and is not even getting a check as somehow being the villain and the opportunist? You fuckers are sick!'

LOVE THIS AND AGREE 100%

by Anonymousreply 246November 24, 2021 10:30 PM

R244.

by Anonymousreply 247November 24, 2021 10:31 PM

R244, you're suffering one.

by Anonymousreply 248November 24, 2021 10:32 PM

Of course you agree, R246 - you wrote it.

by Anonymousreply 249November 24, 2021 10:35 PM

The only retort the inarticulate Klan Grannies ever make is 'urgh you're a Megastan, get back to LSA ' or 'Hi Meghan'. Proof of their low IQs.

by Anonymousreply 250November 24, 2021 10:36 PM

Oh wait - there's something else they do, as the Klan cunt at R249 kindly reminded me. They claim that all posters who hate them are just one poster on dozens of accounts. Hilarious to see them try the same ruses year after year.

by Anonymousreply 251November 24, 2021 10:38 PM

“Dumbass”? Check!

RANDOM hysterical use of CAPITALISATION? Check!

Multiple exclamation marks? Check!

Unsubstantiated allegations of racism? Check!

“LOL” and “HAHAHAHA”? Check!

Embarrassing lack of understanding of the monarch and the British Royal Family and their place in the UK? Check!

Repeated use of emojis, confirming that she’s unhinged? Check!

Heartfelt belief that anybody with whom she disagrees is British? Check.

Yes folks, it’s the Dumbass troll!

by Anonymousreply 252November 24, 2021 10:39 PM

Actually, R251 - it’s very easy to ascertain.

by Anonymousreply 253November 24, 2021 10:40 PM

Wow, this thread has certainly gone off the rails.

by Anonymousreply 254November 24, 2021 11:16 PM

What would change about Meghan and Harry's life if people didn't dislike them?

Nothing. This is all a bunch of bullshit over nothing.

by Anonymousreply 255November 24, 2021 11:52 PM

[quote]What would change about Meghan and Harry's life if people didn't dislike them?

They would be likeable and have entree into many charitable and money-making opportunities not of their own suspicious provenance.

Minimum - do you think they have unstoppable ability or something?

by Anonymousreply 256November 25, 2021 8:28 AM

R255 Well, to hear them tell it, if people had really liked them, they would have been thrilled to remain second tier modestly wealthy British royals, happy to walk behind Kate and William for the rest of their lives. No negative stories would ever have appeared in the UK press, their staff would have adored them, and the Queen would have issued Leyters Patent making their two kids HRHs.

But no one did like them, except Princess Eugenie.

They put everyone's backs up from the get-go, especially Meghan.

And that's why they are where they are today: hustling for money, estranged from both families, making fools of themselves by telling lies about themselves, and unable to go back to Britain on any meaningful way.

No more BP balcony appearances. No Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet.

Just endless self-marketing to keep themselves on the front pages to pay the mortgage and keep themselves in the style which they believe they deserve.

When it all would have been done for them as working royals . . . Free lovely homes, guaranteed income, extended family, another trust fund for Harry when Charles died, probably for the kids, too . . . Comfort, decent work cut to hand, beautiful clothes, and PR that came with the job.

If only they had just been a bit - more - likable.

by Anonymousreply 257November 25, 2021 10:54 AM

^ or, in words they use but don't understand*, humble and grateful.

by Anonymousreply 258November 25, 2021 12:01 PM

They can't afford a flight to the UK as they've spent everything on incessant Sunshine Sachs PR and overpriced blouses to remind us Meghan is royal and better than us. They'd need the BRF to comp a flight as they probably can't even charge their 'charity' at this point.

It'd be a good time for Harry to rebrand himself and shave off his horrific pube beard.

by Anonymousreply 259November 25, 2021 12:14 PM

It’s an interesting contrast with Wallis and Edward* whose post-abdication strategy was to try and hang onto the remoteness/exclusivity of royalty, putting on airs and acting as if people should be honored to visit them or if they deigned to attend a dinner. Meghan and Harry are striving hard to be celebrities, but are doing more of a “royalty - they’re just like us!” thing, which I find interesting. I can’t imagine W & E trying to talk to “the commoners” via a podcast. It worked to some extent for W & E except that they put themselves on a pedestal too high for regular socialites but too low for Edward’s family (actual royalty) and became very isolated.

* I don’t mean to suggest any approval of these two as people, I read a bio of her that made clear they were contemptible, self-involved, scheming bigots. I don’t think Harry and Meghan hold a candle to them in terms of desertion of duty or bad personal qualities.

by Anonymousreply 260November 25, 2021 12:18 PM

I wouldn't necessarily believe that Eugenie likes them after she had to move her wedding for them then they showed up and did their pregnancy stunt. She may just be polite.

by Anonymousreply 261November 25, 2021 12:46 PM

R261 She was a bit more than polite, including after the Oprah interview. DEAR COUSINS on the birth of Lilibet, joining in that pointless 40x40 "initiative" that went nowhere. And she's living in Frogmore Cottage, presumably having taken over the place's lease with the Crown Estates. Technically, FC is still the Sussex's "UK home" until that lease is up, when Euge and Jack take it over as the primary tenants.

But after the latest debacle when it went from just ignoring Meghan's bad behaviour to Meghan being outed as having committed perjury in a court of law, it may get a bit stickier for Euge to keep pretending.

Scobie is already covering his arse by stating he filmed that bit for the BBC last year (BP "Before Perjury).

Who the fuck sends her lawyer in to a BBC gossip show to tell the world there is absolutely no truth to the bullying accusations before the report is concluded, and for a client who clearly perjured herself in court?!

Because we all know that Afia was saying what she did Because Meghan Told Us There Was No Truth In It

Yeah, the way she told the court she wasn't remotely involved with Finding Freedom, wrote the letter all by herself, and hadn't the least wish for it to be seen by the public.

She'll take the stupid Schillings bitch down with her the way she sullied everything she touches when the real shit hits the fan.

by Anonymousreply 262November 25, 2021 1:06 PM

Eugenie might just be a friendly and easygoing person - her mom is like that, I get the sense it would be near impossible to offend Fergie to the point where she tosses you out of her life (which has its bad and good sides…). Plus Eugenie got the emerald tiara for her wedding!

by Anonymousreply 263November 25, 2021 1:11 PM

[quote]r257 And that's why they are where they are today: hustling for money, estranged from both families, making fools of themselves by telling lies about themselves, and unable to go back to Britain on any meaningful way.

Even if all that [italic]were[/italic] true, surely they’re living more interesting and enjoyable lives in the U.S. (specifically, in one of the toniest neighborhoods of Southern California) than anyone trapped in rainy, racist Kensington Palace or Windsor Castle. What a stifling, insulated, uncreative existence that would be.

by Anonymousreply 264November 25, 2021 2:12 PM

R263 Eugenie got the tiara before Meghan and Harry were engaged. And Eugenie is the Queen's granddaughter. She would always have gotten the tiara.

by Anonymousreply 265November 25, 2021 2:35 PM

I expected to see photos of them spooning out slop at some California soup kitchen.

by Anonymousreply 266November 25, 2021 11:38 PM

I wonder what they did do for Thanksgiving. Did they introduce little Archie to the traditional foods? Did Meghan cook the turkey and spend the whole day in the kitchen?

by Anonymousreply 267November 26, 2021 1:25 AM

Volunteering at a soup kitchen was yet another invitation they declined.

by Anonymousreply 268November 26, 2021 2:59 AM

But it very much is true r264. Those two are ostracised and firmly not included in any of the celebrity events in their own neighborhood! Adele's concert, Enninful's birthday party, that big event for the baby charity she was involved with. All big A list events, and no invites for the fallen prince and his z lister. Meanwhile, Catherine will host a huge Christmas concert at the abbey, her beautiful family in tow. Meghan is a fool and a laughingstock, as is her henpecked husband.

by Anonymousreply 269November 26, 2021 7:07 AM

R 269. So what? Meghan will be host a huge Kwanza event at the Staples Center to help raise money for the Books Defense fund.

It will be ram jam full of celebs. clamoring to participate. Al Sharpton will give the benediction. If only Johnny Cochran was still alive to do the key note address.

Meghan will humbly acknowledge the roaring cries of run for office, dressed in her ill fitting, seam busting sweat stained designer outfit. The web will be awash with praise & messages of gratitude for her largesse, as she opens her designer handbag, pulls out Harry's testes . She will allow him to juggle them center stage illuminated by thousand of audience held lighters, everyone signing. We are the world.

by Anonymousreply 270November 26, 2021 4:57 PM

[quote]dressed in her ill fitting, seam busting sweat stained designer outfit.

Actually, that's more me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271November 26, 2021 5:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!