Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hogwarts: A History

The streaming service will begin airing Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts on Saturday, Jan. 1, TVLine has learned. The retrospective special will reunite franchise stars Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint… and also will feature Helena Bonham Carter, Robbie Coltrane, Ralph Fiennes, Gary Oldman, Jason Isaacs, Imelda Staunton, Tom Felton, Oliver Phelps, James Phelps, Mark Williams, Alfred Enoch, Bonnie Wright, Evanna Lynch, Ian Hart and more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 5, 2022 2:03 AM

J. K. Rowling not allowed.

by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2021 1:42 AM

I miss Alan Rickman.

by Anonymousreply 2November 17, 2021 1:45 AM

r1 She's still either directly or indirectly from people remembering HP exists again be making money off it so its not like she loses out.

by Anonymousreply 3November 17, 2021 1:46 AM

Will they avoid mentioning JK?

by Anonymousreply 4November 17, 2021 11:55 AM

The Potter films aren’t gay enough or sexy enough to bother about, except for whatever hatefucking those two older-boy rival Quidditch Captains had going on behind closed doors that we never got to see...

Also wonder if McGonagall had a bit of a thing for Oliver Wood. He was defo her favourite and she spoiled him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 18, 2021 4:59 PM

Is Jason Isaacs & Tom Felton going to flirt with one another a lot like they seem to at conventions? Always a pleasure to watch that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2021 2:04 PM

This is about the first film which was one of the worst. Chris Columbus was the wrong choice for it. He also forced stupid decisions like Diagon alley looking like a Disney attraction with its warped storefronts etc. that threw off the rest of the series (and note that subsequent filmmakers avoided showing the wonky Diagon Alley). It was a kid's movie. The movies didn't start to get good until he was no longer directing them.

R3 she is still making money from it, but it's insulting of them to exclude her and cheapens the final product. She was more heavily involved with the first few films and it'd be interesting to hear what she learned from that as a novice.

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2021 2:10 PM

R5 Oliver Wood was played by Sean Biggerstaff. I cannot imagine that casting was not intentional and hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2021 2:12 PM

R5 they will mention her and show archival footage of her, but she isn't involved and won't be joining the cast of hateful betrayers.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2021 2:13 PM

Incidentally, if I were Rowling and they decided to make a new Fantastic Beasts film, I would kill off the lead character and replace him with someone else. That guy came out with I think the first (and strongest) denunciation of her, because that film was pending release.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2021 2:15 PM

R3 How nice to them to show archival footage of her! Maybe they will even give her a thank you in the end credits?

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2021 2:18 PM

So, let me get this straight. These failed child actors are OK milking the vehicle that made them loads of dosh & fame, but reject the woman who created it? Who give said career & money. Real fuckwads aren't they?

Hope the trans can come up with some way for them to keep making money as their stars continue to fade to black.

Do they think her creativity has dimmed? They won't be anything new she creates, which will always have an audience of some kind.

Read the room, dummies. Any new projects will have you altered so you don't have to appear or just flat out written out, i.e. you die behind the scenes. Well, Hogwartians there is always dinner theatre for you.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2021 2:18 PM

I cannot wait until a streaming service does an entire Harry Potter series; one in which JK has full control over, and it totally overshadows the films.

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2021 2:19 PM

R12 She doesn’t need to write them out of anything. Just recast them. People are not going to suddenly not watch Harry Potter because there isn’t any Rupert Grint.

And the minute she makes anything Harry Potter related again, all the trans people who love Harry Potter will still buy it. They may lie and say they didn’t; they may say they got it used or stole it, but regardless, they still love her creativity and the world she created.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2021 2:22 PM

R14 she may in fact need to because she may not have total control over decisions like that. So she must write them out by having them die in a horrible, demeaning manner (perhaps getting raped by centaurs) and then recast them with better and less delicate actors. All of this is likely in her contract.

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2021 3:47 PM

Rowling has been treated appallingly by the young actors, for the crime of saying she believes that woman are entitled to be called women instead of menstruators.

Because of the popularity of the books, she had unprecedented control of the films and approved the casting of Radcliffe, Watson and Grint, despite the fact that they were (even by kid’s standard) appalling actors, and haven’t improved much. Ironically, Tom Felton, who played the villain is one of the few who refused to throw her under the bus.

It says a lot for Rowling that she has never once pointed out that, if it wasn’t for her, many of the younger cast would be giving their best-known performances behind a counter at McDonalds.

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2021 4:00 PM

[quote] Ironically, Tom Felton, who played the villain is one of the few who refused to throw her under the bus.

Not massively into HP, but I’ve got time for Felton. He seems a lovely lad, unpretentious and quite down-to-Earth, albeit slightly fragile. I remember enjoying his acting as a child (I’m younger than him) in films like THE BORROWERS. He’s not without solid performing ability, though he isn’t going to set the world on fire (and that’s fine).

From an outside distant perspective, he also strikes me as a bit lonely and isolated; he’s on IG live every day or two chatting to fans, and he seems to be the member of the young cast most invested in all the reunions and such. He seem to live with a roommate, and doesn’t have much in the way of a family. This could be a wrong assumption on my part, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2021 6:30 PM

JK had very strong involvement in the casting and making of the films, so I don’t think the quality of a streaming show is going to turn on that. Her issue (well, as regards this series) is trying to exert too much control over every tiny detail, like her continued injection of more details of the HP universe even after the books have ended and (worst of all) the mawkish epilogue to the final book.

I’d like to see an adult and sophisticated streaming service like HBO handle the project and make it geared toward a general audience, not just a kiddie one. I liked the idea floated a couple years ago about doing a Marauders series. But I don’t think JK wants to loosed the reins like that, which I understand too.

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2021 6:39 PM

R8 yes, that truly is the best p0rn name. Bit disappointing for him and his lovers if he isn’t well-hung, though...

Watching the clip at R5 closely and slowed down you’ll notice Biggerstaff (teehee) and Jamie Yeates (the dark-haired actor he’s playing against) struggling not to corpse (very professional—not like it’s the final cut or anything..) I assume they were sniggering at the unflattering facial prosthetics Jamie has been put in, but they could also quite plausibly have been holding back laughter at the attempts to ‘act’ by tiny Dan Radcliffe happening before their eyes.

That was the charm of those first few books and films, really—the earnest and mawkish childlike glee of the insular world of school life that they captured. The later instalments are so po-faced, strain too hard to be YA ‘edgy’ by exploding the world-building too ambitiously wide, and eventually disappear up their own arse—no fun to be had.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 23, 2021 11:00 PM

Biggerstaff is a Scot so it's possible he has a large staff!

From my personal experience, Irish and Scots - especially partial redheads (and he has some redhead in him) have bigger cocks.

by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2021 12:50 AM

R20 haha sounds like you’ve done your homework and know your stuff😏hopefully one day someone here can test your hypothesis on Sean...

Don’t know the fella myself, but from a distance he gives me sort of a relaxed heteroflexible/bi vibe (though he married his longterm gf recently). FWIW he has played gay once, about 14 years ago; acting in the BBC 4 dramatisation of the Wolfenden Committee CONSENTING ADULTS, in the role of Jeremy Wolfenden (son of the peer & educator Lord John). I haven’t watched it, so I can’t say if there’s any pleasing scenes of intimacy or nudity featuring him (I’ll try to track it down and stream so I can check...for science ofc).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2021 10:47 PM

🥵 that's a hot kiss.

by Anonymousreply 22November 25, 2021 1:08 AM

R20 I had a very wonderful Irish American friend, sadly now deceased. Miss him more than I can say. God, could he make me laugh!! He had lots of family in the US, back home in Ireland & some in the UK. He traveled back & forth a lot. He always favored an English cock. Said they had the biggest & best, & would jokingly say, "And that's why the Irish hate the English." He also said that was the big deal about a shillelagh. The man with the smallest dick always carried the biggest shillelagh, shil-AY-lee,

Must say I like a nice bit English sausage, myself.

by Anonymousreply 23November 25, 2021 1:28 AM

English guys do sometimes have big cocks!

I don't think anything approaches the beauty of Irish men though, at least until they hit the magic age of 30.

by Anonymousreply 24November 25, 2021 2:47 AM

I love how everyone gives Daniel Radcliffe credit for his indie movie career because the fact is that he can’t act. I saw an episode of his show with Steve Buscemi and he is awful. He’s on the level of a 13 year old who gets the lead in the school play because his mother is the drama teacher. He’s obviously had taken a lot of private classes and had a lot of coaching but he just doesn’t have it.

Neither does Emma Watson.

by Anonymousreply 25November 26, 2021 4:21 AM

Radcliffe, Watson, and Ron are being dragged for participating in this TERF fest. People are saying they are spineless and only want money.

by Anonymousreply 26November 26, 2021 5:17 AM

[quote] Radcliffe, Watson, and Ron

💀 at referring to grint by his character name

The main actors/characters in HP are the least interesting and likeable ones imo—I always root for the background/tertiary characters whenever I read or watch🤷‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 27November 26, 2021 7:25 PM

People on Twitter can’t believe Radcliffe, Watson, and Ron are participating, especially after they denounced Rowling. They said the trio should stand by their convictions and boycott this special. Now they are TERFs too because they caved in to money.

by Anonymousreply 28November 26, 2021 9:31 PM

Really, it’s highly doubtful that most of the main actors ever in the first place denounced Rowling, not after the break she gave them and the close relationship she formed with them making the films.

The actors may have paid tutting and tsk-ing inferential lip service to cancelling her, but they were never going to be the ones leading the charge to send her down.

by Anonymousreply 29November 26, 2021 9:40 PM

[quote] Really, it’s highly doubtful that most of the main actors ever in the first place denounced Rowling, not after the break she gave them and the close relationship she formed with them making the films.

But they DID! Ungrateful brats.

by Anonymousreply 30November 26, 2021 9:42 PM

Ugh at Watson tweeting this. Talk about cluelessly pandering and virtue-signalling. And this girl went to an Ivy League? She’s a beige bandwagonner bimbo.

[quote] Trans people are who they say they are and deserve to live their lives without being constantly questioned or told they aren’t who they say they are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 26, 2021 9:44 PM

Do not ever use the VS word again. You have been warned.

by Anonymousreply 32November 26, 2021 9:48 PM

R32 ‘warned’?😅🤣that’s adorable, sweetie. ‘Warned’ by whom, exactly?

We DLers don’t take orders from anyone but Muriel, and sometimes not even then.

by Anonymousreply 33November 26, 2021 9:49 PM

This makes most of the DL gays Slytherins by default, then, doesn’t it? 🐍

💚💚💚💚I love my snakey gay brethren! 💚💚💚💚

by Anonymousreply 34November 26, 2021 9:56 PM

R29 they all issued pretty specific statements unprompted that painted her as an out of touch millionaire and then some went even further like Emma Watson who became involved with Mermaids which pushes children into medical transitioning at a young age. I'm not sure why it's "highly doubtful" when their statements are on the internet still for all to see. Some also answered followup questions.

They could have just said "I disagree but she's entitled to her opinions without harassment". The only people who did that are some of the older actors.

This was during the main outrage when everyone was piling on her, sending her death threats, burning Harry Potter books, all trying to out performative virtue each other.

Then when she thought one high profile person - Stephen King - had supported her somewhat - he started getting shit and then shut that down immediately with a TRANS WOMEN ARE WOMEN / TRANS MEN ARE MEN tweet, like he was taken over by a body snatcher. He knew what he was doing and it was cruel.

Eventually she got used to the vilification and that's when she built several towers on her property and began work on the Weather Machine that she will use to wipe out all life in the UK, as punishment.

by Anonymousreply 35November 27, 2021 1:10 AM

[Quote] that painted her as an out of touch millionaire

That would be ironic coming from Emma of all people.

[Quote] Eventually she got used to the vilification and that's when she built several towers on her property and began work on the Weather Machine that she will use to wipe out all life in the UK, as punishment.

There are worse ways to go.

by Anonymousreply 36November 27, 2021 2:41 AM

Is Neville gonna be there with his Hot-ass Brit body??

by Anonymousreply 37November 27, 2021 3:30 AM

WOOD: 👺Where d’you think you’re going, Flint?

FLINT: Quidditch practise!😏😘

WOOD: 😑I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today....

FLINT: Easy, Wood, I have a permit..🐍

WOOD: (takes the note and reads it) This just says, ‘I can do what I want’✖️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 4, 2021 12:36 AM

[quote] she built several towers on her property and began work on the Weather Machine that she will use to wipe out all life in the UK

🎶every time it raaaaaiinns, it’s like the sun coming oouuuuuut

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 5, 2021 9:06 PM

I want to bitch slap Imelda Staunton. Just don’t like that actress.

by Anonymousreply 40December 5, 2021 9:07 PM

I'm richer than all you bitches, so you can kiss my ass!

by Anonymousreply 41December 5, 2021 9:10 PM

^^But are you *happy*, Dan?

by Anonymousreply 42December 5, 2021 9:12 PM

R40 I can’t bear Imelda Staunton. She’s a secret chewer pas excellence. Including in Vera Drake.

by Anonymousreply 43December 5, 2021 9:21 PM

R40 then Staunton was perfect for the eminently slappable role of Umbridge.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44December 6, 2021 3:54 PM

The anti-transers turned into the Prancing Ponies so gradually, I didn't even notice.

by Anonymousreply 45December 6, 2021 3:59 PM

Can’t decide who’s worse a fandom between the Ponies/Rings nerds (who are about to be resurrected thanks to Amaz0n), Marvel stans, SPN geeks, or Potterheads.

They’re all the same type of awful, but it’s tough picking which is the greatest evil.

by Anonymousreply 46December 6, 2021 4:20 PM

It annoys me that middle-aged straight people who love this franchise still have such voracious interest in the plot. It’s a kids’ story (albeit a dark, overstuffed and poorly ghost-written one), so it’s just happily-ever-after, you clowns.

If HP had a gay fanbase, it would be much juicier. We’d have extracted every drop of gossip about who was fucking who on set, which actors had bad blood, disputes between creative and production, Exec emails, the works. I simply do not care to know what sort of wood was used to make the wand of Harry Potter’s kid, etc.

by Anonymousreply 47December 6, 2021 7:53 PM

R46 I vote SPN geeks.

by Anonymousreply 48December 7, 2021 9:10 AM

Is Christian Coulson, the very Rah lad who played Tom Riddle, going to show?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 7, 2021 11:21 PM

Fun!

by Anonymousreply 50December 7, 2021 11:22 PM

So I have a question about brooms—how do the boys who fly or play Quidditch manage to sit on them without crushing, bruising or otherwise damaging their junk?

The idea of riding a bezom or a broom really only works with women, who have accommodating genitalia.

by Anonymousreply 51December 7, 2021 11:38 PM

The brooms include a cushioning charm, so it feels like riding a bike seat.

by Anonymousreply 52December 7, 2021 11:41 PM

R52 fuck off is that the real canon reason😆😂Gods’ sake Jo

by Anonymousreply 53December 8, 2021 1:30 PM

Radcliffe & Watson seem to be doing okay in their middling/mediocre careers; I wonder if they agreed to do this as a paycheck for Grint who doesn't work much & now has a kid to support.

by Anonymousreply 54December 8, 2021 1:59 PM

Rupert Grint is currently on the Apple TV show "Servant". Overall, I think he's done more TV/Film work in England than in the US.

by Anonymousreply 55December 8, 2021 9:46 PM

R49 Christian Coulson is Out, no? Is he the only one of the former young HP cast who has stated openly that they’re gay?

He’s aged quite well, and seems such a lovely bloke. Same for Sean Biggerstaff.

by Anonymousreply 56December 9, 2021 2:12 PM

[quote] she must write them out by having them die in a horrible, demeaning manner (perhaps getting raped by centaurs)

Don’t come for me but the design of the HP Centaurs is kind of sexy...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57December 9, 2021 7:04 PM

Grint has done pretty much fuck all in the UK, r55.

Here he is just a few months ago reiterating his bullshit against Rowling while also trying to take a step back from his 2020 comments ("I don't really understand the issue, I was just being kind") and commend Rowling for her talent.

The Esquire "journalist" is literally lying about what Rowling said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58December 9, 2021 7:20 PM

[quote] This is about the first film which was one of the worst. Chris Columbus was the wrong choice for it. He also forced stupid decisions like Diagon alley looking like a Disney attraction with its warped storefronts etc. that threw off the rest of the series (and note that subsequent filmmakers avoided showing the wonky Diagon Alley). It was a kid's movie. The movies didn't start to get good until he was no longer directing them.

True, but it’s really not surprising that this Xmas/pandemic release docu is only focusing on those more upbeat kid-interest first movie(s). Those entries are the most positive family/friendly and accessible content in the Potter series, plus the most well-known (many casual viewers dropped off after getting a few films deep).

The franchise goes from ‘wow brooms go vroom and school is rather ripping isn’t it?’ in the first half, to ‘btw the last genocidal eugenics-believing maniac tyrant of the Wizarding World is back from the dead and wants to finish the job’ in the second. Mood whiplash, almost.

by Anonymousreply 59December 9, 2021 7:20 PM

I haven't read the books, but didn't they follow the same path? The first couple being intended more for kids, while they got darker with each volume in the series?

by Anonymousreply 60December 9, 2021 7:46 PM

[quote] Grint has done pretty much fuck all in the UK, [R55].

So he’s done everything?

by Anonymousreply 61December 9, 2021 9:01 PM

I have never read the books, and I have never seen the films. When someone starts talking about Harry Potter I switch off. They are for children.

by Anonymousreply 62December 9, 2021 9:24 PM

Yes R60, and don’t be such a Cornelius Fudge, R64.

by Anonymousreply 63December 9, 2021 10:47 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64December 10, 2021 1:21 AM

"Fuck all" means nothing, r61.

by Anonymousreply 65December 10, 2021 6:23 AM

Yeah, he's a rentier r64, i.e. a parasite who does nothing other than push rental and housing prices up for everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 66December 10, 2021 6:25 AM

R66 ia. Rich cunts have got to be legally stopped from doing that. What they do is tantamount to stealing homes and destroying communities.

by Anonymousreply 67December 10, 2021 11:11 AM

On the day Julian Assange is extradited to the US for doing journalism, JK’s exclusion from the reunion show is what the major British journos are upset about.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 10, 2021 11:31 AM

R8 in the third Potter book, there’s a subplot about the House Quidditch Cup—a bit tedious and a repetitive carryover from preceding novels, mostly there to pad out the page count—which culminates in a stinging humiliating loss of a game for Gryffindor. This defeat sees then-18 year old Captain Wood showering off post-match as he all but cries with rage and ‘attempts to drown himself’.

Personally, I think that would have been a hot as well as unintentionally hilarious scene to include, and would have attracted a lot of extra eyes to the film, but alas it was not filmed or included.

by Anonymousreply 69December 11, 2021 12:00 AM

The kids made a mountain of money, and only Felton is said to have Johnny Depp's spending habits. At least in his case, he was an actual child. They're all comfortable.

by Anonymousreply 70December 16, 2021 10:17 PM

The books are Enid Blyton with magic tricks.

by Anonymousreply 71December 16, 2021 10:19 PM

[quote] Oliver Wood was played by Sean Biggerstaff.

Those are both great gay porn names.

by Anonymousreply 72December 16, 2021 10:19 PM

R72 there had to have been endless ribbing and wink-nudges about that. And in a British boarding school story no less😏

by Anonymousreply 73December 16, 2021 11:07 PM

The joke is on everyone. Trans are fucking insane gender deniers.

by Anonymousreply 74January 3, 2022 1:10 AM

Since this Hogwarts doc dropped, I keep queuing it up on HBO and letting it play repeatedly (along with the Potter movies on other services/devices), even when I am not in the room—just to give clicks. And I’m not a Potter fan (to me it’s like Narnia, boring covertly-Christian kids stuff), but I want to support womens’ sex-based rights and gay rights tk their own spaces. Likewise, though I’m no fan of Chapelle, when he sided with Team TERF I spent a week or three repeat-streaming all his content on Netflix anyway, just to send a message.

At this point in the timeline, I refuse to watch shows like The Queen's Gambit/Promising Young Woman/The Umbrella Academy/Stay Close etc., and I will continue to boycott any and all shows with TIP in them. I won't support trans ideology at all, and that includes media that is gaslighting the audience with trans actors. IIn The Queen's Gambit, they snuck the TIM in there and acted like it was just totally normal and that's just normal life for a dude to be a woman somehow. That's even worse than when a show wraps the whole plot around a TIP and makes everything in the show about them (which usually tanks a show pretty quickly).

We need a way to get the message out that consumers straight or gay will not consume media with TIP in it, unless it's an accurate portrayal like Silence of the Lambs or a documentary like Dysphoria. We need to let these content creators know that we aren't having our spaces eroded and our names shamed in the name of regression. Media is where all this starts snowballing, and unless people vote with their engagement or lack thereof, it won’t end soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 75January 3, 2022 11:12 AM

I have never watched a single Harry Potter film, am I alone here? 🤔

by Anonymousreply 76January 3, 2022 11:18 AM

R76 you’re lucky, that’s all I know. While I agree with JKR politically, her stories are fucking asinine dreck, and the movies they made about them are even worse. You’re not missing anything.

by Anonymousreply 77January 3, 2022 12:00 PM

I had an amazing crush on Oliver Wood when I first saw the move when I was like 10-12 I couldn’t stop thinking about him! Too bad he had such a limited role. He and the actor playing Tom Riddle were the cutest boys in the series.

by Anonymousreply 78January 3, 2022 12:23 PM

Mallory Towers with broomsticks.

by Anonymousreply 79January 3, 2022 2:20 PM

R79 or just a poor Boys’ Own ripoff of THE WORST WITCH.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80January 3, 2022 2:23 PM

"Hogwarts: Tournament of Houses" looks like SHIT.

by Anonymousreply 81January 3, 2022 2:37 PM

Which movie had POC for about half the background cast? That was dropped so noticeably in the following movie. Different directors?

by Anonymousreply 82January 3, 2022 2:39 PM

Whoa, that hot piece who played Neville is in the reunion!

by Anonymousreply 83January 3, 2022 2:40 PM

Looks like they spent a ton of dough on the reunion. Jeeze

by Anonymousreply 84January 3, 2022 2:43 PM

After the first hour of this special, I was like "oh, this could be a multi-part TV series - there's so much to cover!"

After the second hour, I thought "ok, that was too long."

by Anonymousreply 85January 3, 2022 2:52 PM

I wanted to see Oliver Wood& the Wesley twins Fuck-suck each other off...shoot their magical loads!! And Cedric Diggory watch them.

by Anonymousreply 86January 3, 2022 2:53 PM

I was kind of surprised Radcliffe agreed to this since he's worked hard to distance himself from the HP days; nothing wrong with it as I'm guessing HBO threw a lot of $$ at him, but I could see where the others needed the paycheck (though I was kind of surprised by Oldman's participation), but he's pretty well set.

by Anonymousreply 87January 3, 2022 3:19 PM

Can't stand these ungrateful pieces of limited-talented shite

by Anonymousreply 88January 3, 2022 5:41 PM

When that fawning feeble Mermaids-supporting Watson started fake-crying over seeing her old costars, I had to switch it off. It was so simpering and saccharine. She’s incapable of expressing a normal human emotion at a normal range.

Would love to disown her from the female cohort, tbh.

by Anonymousreply 89January 3, 2022 6:40 PM

[quote]Is Jason Isaacs & Tom Felton going to flirt with one another

I wonder if they ARE, also.

by Anonymousreply 90January 3, 2022 10:43 PM

I enjoyed the special. Sorry, but I'm a big fan of the movies.

There were quite a few big names that did not appear. Haven't heard reason, but I've read people assuming either old age/illness, or work conflicts. Most notable being: Maggie Smith [McGonagall], Julie Waters [Mrs. Weasley] , Michael Gambon [Dumbledore], David Thewilis [Lupin].

by Anonymousreply 91January 3, 2022 11:25 PM

[quote] I wanted to see Oliver Wood& the Weasley twins Fuck-suck each other off...shoot their magical loads!! And Cedric Diggory watch

Nah, no chance mate. Wood likes it rough, and he wouldn’t get that from a ponce like Diggory or those skinny Weasel clowns.

Besides, I’ve been with him a long time and I haven’t had any complaints, yet. Might not be the sharpest tool in shed, but you don’t have to be with a cock like mine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92January 4, 2022 2:06 PM

[quote]I had an amazing crush on Oliver Wood

Glad to see Wood getting love on the DL. I came to the franchise way late, but he was the one I would have had a crush on if he went to my high school. Just something about him. Confident but a little weird, sexy yet attainable. And Cormac of course, the baby-Ryan Phillippe dreamboat. But he was like unattainable high school quarterback, probably right wing, and a total cunt.

by Anonymousreply 93January 4, 2022 2:59 PM

[quote]He’s aged quite well, and seems such a lovely bloke. Same for Sean Biggerstaff.

Sean Biggerstaff is a notorious anti semite bully who no longer acts but targets and baits Jews on Twitter. He's far left Corbynite dickhead. He doesn't use the Palestinian cause as a shield like many Jew obsessed left wing cranks. he's just an out and out racist. He seems to have deleted his Twitter account, no doubt bitter at the lack of invite.

FLUSH!

by Anonymousreply 94January 4, 2022 3:08 PM

R94 recently I was looking through Biggerstaff’s Twitter to catch myself up on what he’d been doing in his career, and from what I gather he has more or less disavowed the Left as a lost cause (thanks to their internecine struggles, precipated if I’m not mistaken by Corbyn himself). I was following for a good month, and didn’t see a single word from him on the topic of Jews or Israel/Palestine. He seemed to tweet mostly at the expense of gentile Tories, or crazed TIMs going after Rowling. Not sure where you’ve been getting your info.

by Anonymousreply 95January 4, 2022 3:12 PM

I watched the second half and the lack of JK Rowling was ridiculous. Hearing from the director about how he changed the final battle with Harry and Voldemort was fine, but all the other conversations between the actors talking about character development, motivation, plot etc without mentioning JK once made them sound pathetic.

Helena BC mentioned her, as I think Robbie Coltrane did.

Emma Watson really is a product of the English class system though. She's really quite stupid but her accent and sense of entitlement makes her talk shite with confidence.

by Anonymousreply 96January 4, 2022 3:15 PM

I quite like the game show that aired in December (Tournament of Houses) hosted by Dame Helen Mirren.

I still like Harry Potter franchise despite JK Rowling joining the fight to make bio genders superior and self-proclaimed identity inferior. Like, that's even an issue worth fighting for?

by Anonymousreply 97January 4, 2022 3:15 PM

Have any of you been to the Harry Potter world at Universal Orlando? What did you think?

by Anonymousreply 98January 4, 2022 3:19 PM

[quote][R94] recently I was looking through Biggerstaff’s Twitter to catch myself up on what he’d been doing in his career, and from what I gather he has more or less disavowed the Left as a lost cause (thanks to their internecine struggles, precipated if I’m not mistaken by Corbyn himself). I was following for a good month, and didn’t see a single word from him on the topic of Jews or Israel/Palestine. He seemed to tweet mostly at the expense of gentile Tories, or crazed TIMs going after Rowling. Not sure where you’ve been getting your info.

I've been getting my information from his Twitter account. He's a notorious antisemite.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 4, 2022 3:20 PM

R99 ah, now I see. Americans misunderstanding British banter and taking it out-of-context.

by Anonymousreply 100January 4, 2022 3:55 PM

[quote] Emma Watson really is a product of the English class system though. She's really quite stupid but her accent and sense of entitlement makes her talk shite with confidence.

Yes, I had the same thought.

You could extract her words verbatim then put them in the mouth of some chavvy provincial aspirant actor (say, an Aaron Johnson), and not notice the difference.

Her posho affectations and accent hides a multitude of sins. She’s a spoiled, dimwit princess, coached to say just the right things to please, with no considered sociopolitical thoughts of her own.

by Anonymousreply 101January 4, 2022 3:58 PM

[quote]She’s a spoiled, dimwit princess, coached to say just the right things to please, with no considered sociopolitical thoughts of her own.

So she's a working actress, basically.

by Anonymousreply 102January 4, 2022 3:59 PM

[quote]Her posho affectations and accent hides a multitude of sins. She’s a spoiled, dimwit princess, coached to say just the right things to please, with no considered sociopolitical thoughts of her own.

Her political statements are the most inane and beige collection of words possible.

[quote]Trans people are who they say they are and deserve to live their lives without being constantly questioned or told they aren’t who they say they are.

[quote]If you want to run for Prime Minister, you can. If you don’t, that’s wonderful, too. Shave your armpits, don’t shave them, wear flats one day, heels the next; We want to empower women to do exactly what they want.

[quote]Free Palestine!

by Anonymousreply 103January 4, 2022 4:23 PM

Bet that skinwalker Ruby ‘Granger’ spent the entire stream fingering her twat to Emma’s empty performance of ersatz camaraderie, anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 4, 2022 7:37 PM

R96 I agree, Watson thinks she's some great intellect when she's actually a minimally talented little know-it-all brat

by Anonymousreply 105January 4, 2022 8:10 PM

Never underestimate Dataloungers' propensity to foster an irrational and undue hatred for people, particularly young people, whom they don't know personally, have not been injured personally by these people, and have absolutely no stake in their lives. You have outed yourselves as bitter, tiny-minded failures.

by Anonymousreply 106January 4, 2022 9:59 PM

[quote]Never underestimate Dataloungers' propensity to foster an irrational and undue hatred for people, particularly young people, whom they don't know personally, have not been injured personally by these people, and have absolutely no stake in their lives. You have outed yourselves as bitter, tiny-minded failures.

Emma Watson is a privately educated, posh, multi millionaire thirtysomething who put in a widely ridiculed series of performances in a popular movies.

She's now an activist who makes inane statements about world issues.

She is the definition of the elite, but being mean about her is verboten.

Ok hun!

by Anonymousreply 107January 4, 2022 10:06 PM

[quote]She’s a spoiled, dimwit princess, coached to say just the right things to please, with no considered sociopolitical thoughts of her own.

No disagreement, but I don't think that's entirely her fault; she grew up as a "stah" of one of the biggest franchises of all time, so I guess it's not surprising she's spoiled, out of touch & not too bright. I remember reading some story about her time in college in the US & while, to her credit she did graduate, she seemed out of place with college students.

Even though he may not be the best actor in the world, I admire Radcliffe for being such a funny, down to earth and gracious guy. It must be weird to be at the center of the weird HP fandom

by Anonymousreply 108January 4, 2022 10:08 PM

Yes, r97, physical reality is worth fighting for over misogynistic, homophobic delusions about "gender identity". Same-sex attraction is real, lesbians don't have penises.

by Anonymousreply 109January 4, 2022 11:43 PM

[quote]Have any of you been to the Harry Potter world at Universal Orlando? What did you think?

R98, I've been there a couple of times, and I love it. The level of detail they've put into it is really impressive. Also, the Hagrid ride is one of the better roller coasters I've been on. (and I love roller coasters)

by Anonymousreply 110January 5, 2022 2:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!