Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hogwarts: A History

The streaming service will begin airing Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts on Saturday, Jan. 1, TVLine has learned. The retrospective special will reunite franchise stars Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint… and also will feature Helena Bonham Carter, Robbie Coltrane, Ralph Fiennes, Gary Oldman, Jason Isaacs, Imelda Staunton, Tom Felton, Oliver Phelps, James Phelps, Mark Williams, Alfred Enoch, Bonnie Wright, Evanna Lynch, Ian Hart and more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37November 27, 2021 4:30 AM

J. K. Rowling not allowed.

by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2021 2:42 AM

I miss Alan Rickman.

by Anonymousreply 2November 17, 2021 2:45 AM

r1 She's still either directly or indirectly from people remembering HP exists again be making money off it so its not like she loses out.

by Anonymousreply 3November 17, 2021 2:46 AM

Will they avoid mentioning JK?

by Anonymousreply 4November 17, 2021 12:55 PM

The Potter films aren’t gay enough or sexy enough to bother about, except for whatever hatefucking those two older-boy rival Quidditch Captains had going on behind closed doors that we never got to see...

Also wonder if McGonagall had a bit of a thing for Oliver Wood. He was defo her favourite and she spoiled him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 18, 2021 5:59 PM

Is Jason Isaacs & Tom Felton going to flirt with one another a lot like they seem to at conventions? Always a pleasure to watch that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 23, 2021 3:04 PM

This is about the first film which was one of the worst. Chris Columbus was the wrong choice for it. He also forced stupid decisions like Diagon alley looking like a Disney attraction with its warped storefronts etc. that threw off the rest of the series (and note that subsequent filmmakers avoided showing the wonky Diagon Alley). It was a kid's movie. The movies didn't start to get good until he was no longer directing them.

R3 she is still making money from it, but it's insulting of them to exclude her and cheapens the final product. She was more heavily involved with the first few films and it'd be interesting to hear what she learned from that as a novice.

by Anonymousreply 7November 23, 2021 3:10 PM

R5 Oliver Wood was played by Sean Biggerstaff. I cannot imagine that casting was not intentional and hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 8November 23, 2021 3:12 PM

R5 they will mention her and show archival footage of her, but she isn't involved and won't be joining the cast of hateful betrayers.

by Anonymousreply 9November 23, 2021 3:13 PM

Incidentally, if I were Rowling and they decided to make a new Fantastic Beasts film, I would kill off the lead character and replace him with someone else. That guy came out with I think the first (and strongest) denunciation of her, because that film was pending release.

by Anonymousreply 10November 23, 2021 3:15 PM

R3 How nice to them to show archival footage of her! Maybe they will even give her a thank you in the end credits?

by Anonymousreply 11November 23, 2021 3:18 PM

So, let me get this straight. These failed child actors are OK milking the vehicle that made them loads of dosh & fame, but reject the woman who created it? Who give said career & money. Real fuckwads aren't they?

Hope the trans can come up with some way for them to keep making money as their stars continue to fade to black.

Do they think her creativity has dimmed? They won't be anything new she creates, which will always have an audience of some kind.

Read the room, dummies. Any new projects will have you altered so you don't have to appear or just flat out written out, i.e. you die behind the scenes. Well, Hogwartians there is always dinner theatre for you.

by Anonymousreply 12November 23, 2021 3:18 PM

I cannot wait until a streaming service does an entire Harry Potter series; one in which JK has full control over, and it totally overshadows the films.

by Anonymousreply 13November 23, 2021 3:19 PM

R12 She doesn’t need to write them out of anything. Just recast them. People are not going to suddenly not watch Harry Potter because there isn’t any Rupert Grint.

And the minute she makes anything Harry Potter related again, all the trans people who love Harry Potter will still buy it. They may lie and say they didn’t; they may say they got it used or stole it, but regardless, they still love her creativity and the world she created.

by Anonymousreply 14November 23, 2021 3:22 PM

R14 she may in fact need to because she may not have total control over decisions like that. So she must write them out by having them die in a horrible, demeaning manner (perhaps getting raped by centaurs) and then recast them with better and less delicate actors. All of this is likely in her contract.

by Anonymousreply 15November 23, 2021 4:47 PM

Rowling has been treated appallingly by the young actors, for the crime of saying she believes that woman are entitled to be called women instead of menstruators.

Because of the popularity of the books, she had unprecedented control of the films and approved the casting of Radcliffe, Watson and Grint, despite the fact that they were (even by kid’s standard) appalling actors, and haven’t improved much. Ironically, Tom Felton, who played the villain is one of the few who refused to throw her under the bus.

It says a lot for Rowling that she has never once pointed out that, if it wasn’t for her, many of the younger cast would be giving their best-known performances behind a counter at McDonalds.

by Anonymousreply 16November 23, 2021 5:00 PM

[quote] Ironically, Tom Felton, who played the villain is one of the few who refused to throw her under the bus.

Not massively into HP, but I’ve got time for Felton. He seems a lovely lad, unpretentious and quite down-to-Earth, albeit slightly fragile. I remember enjoying his acting as a child (I’m younger than him) in films like THE BORROWERS. He’s not without solid performing ability, though he isn’t going to set the world on fire (and that’s fine).

From an outside distant perspective, he also strikes me as a bit lonely and isolated; he’s on IG live every day or two chatting to fans, and he seems to be the member of the young cast most invested in all the reunions and such. He seem to live with a roommate, and doesn’t have much in the way of a family. This could be a wrong assumption on my part, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17November 23, 2021 7:30 PM

JK had very strong involvement in the casting and making of the films, so I don’t think the quality of a streaming show is going to turn on that. Her issue (well, as regards this series) is trying to exert too much control over every tiny detail, like her continued injection of more details of the HP universe even after the books have ended and (worst of all) the mawkish epilogue to the final book.

I’d like to see an adult and sophisticated streaming service like HBO handle the project and make it geared toward a general audience, not just a kiddie one. I liked the idea floated a couple years ago about doing a Marauders series. But I don’t think JK wants to loosed the reins like that, which I understand too.

by Anonymousreply 18November 23, 2021 7:39 PM

R8 yes, that truly is the best p0rn name. Bit disappointing for him and his lovers if he isn’t well-hung, though...

Watching the clip at R5 closely and slowed down you’ll notice Biggerstaff (teehee) and Jamie Yeates (the dark-haired actor he’s playing against) struggling not to corpse (very professional—not like it’s the final cut or anything..) I assume they were sniggering at the unflattering facial prosthetics Jamie has been put in, but they could also quite plausibly have been holding back laughter at the attempts to ‘act’ by tiny Dan Radcliffe happening before their eyes.

That was the charm of those first few books and films, really—the earnest and mawkish childlike glee of the insular world of school life that they captured. The later instalments are so po-faced, strain too hard to be YA ‘edgy’ by exploding the world-building too ambitiously wide, and eventually disappear up their own arse—no fun to be had.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19November 24, 2021 12:00 AM

Biggerstaff is a Scot so it's possible he has a large staff!

From my personal experience, Irish and Scots - especially partial redheads (and he has some redhead in him) have bigger cocks.

by Anonymousreply 20November 24, 2021 1:50 AM

R20 haha sounds like you’ve done your homework and know your stuff😏hopefully one day someone here can test your hypothesis on Sean...

Don’t know the fella myself, but from a distance he gives me sort of a relaxed heteroflexible/bi vibe (though he married his longterm gf recently). FWIW he has played gay once, about 14 years ago; acting in the BBC 4 dramatisation of the Wolfenden Committee CONSENTING ADULTS, in the role of Jeremy Wolfenden (son of the peer & educator Lord John). I haven’t watched it, so I can’t say if there’s any pleasing scenes of intimacy or nudity featuring him (I’ll try to track it down and stream so I can check...for science ofc).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21November 24, 2021 11:47 PM

🥵 that's a hot kiss.

by Anonymousreply 22November 25, 2021 2:08 AM

R20 I had a very wonderful Irish American friend, sadly now deceased. Miss him more than I can say. God, could he make me laugh!! He had lots of family in the US, back home in Ireland & some in the UK. He traveled back & forth a lot. He always favored an English cock. Said they had the biggest & best, & would jokingly say, "And that's why the Irish hate the English." He also said that was the big deal about a shillelagh. The man with the smallest dick always carried the biggest shillelagh, shil-AY-lee,

Must say I like a nice bit English sausage, myself.

by Anonymousreply 23November 25, 2021 2:28 AM

English guys do sometimes have big cocks!

I don't think anything approaches the beauty of Irish men though, at least until they hit the magic age of 30.

by Anonymousreply 24November 25, 2021 3:47 AM

I love how everyone gives Daniel Radcliffe credit for his indie movie career because the fact is that he can’t act. I saw an episode of his show with Steve Buscemi and he is awful. He’s on the level of a 13 year old who gets the lead in the school play because his mother is the drama teacher. He’s obviously had taken a lot of private classes and had a lot of coaching but he just doesn’t have it.

Neither does Emma Watson.

by Anonymousreply 25November 26, 2021 5:21 AM

Radcliffe, Watson, and Ron are being dragged for participating in this TERF fest. People are saying they are spineless and only want money.

by Anonymousreply 26November 26, 2021 6:17 AM

[quote] Radcliffe, Watson, and Ron

💀 at referring to grint by his character name

The main actors/characters in HP are the least interesting and likeable ones imo—I always root for the background/tertiary characters whenever I read or watch🤷‍♀️

by Anonymousreply 27November 26, 2021 8:25 PM

People on Twitter can’t believe Radcliffe, Watson, and Ron are participating, especially after they denounced Rowling. They said the trio should stand by their convictions and boycott this special. Now they are TERFs too because they caved in to money.

by Anonymousreply 28November 26, 2021 10:31 PM

Really, it’s highly doubtful that most of the main actors ever in the first place denounced Rowling, not after the break she gave them and the close relationship she formed with them making the films.

The actors may have paid tutting and tsk-ing inferential lip service to cancelling her, but they were never going to be the ones leading the charge to send her down.

by Anonymousreply 29November 26, 2021 10:40 PM

[quote] Really, it’s highly doubtful that most of the main actors ever in the first place denounced Rowling, not after the break she gave them and the close relationship she formed with them making the films.

But they DID! Ungrateful brats.

by Anonymousreply 30November 26, 2021 10:42 PM

Ugh at Watson tweeting this. Talk about cluelessly pandering and virtue-signalling. And this girl went to an Ivy League? She’s a beige bandwagonner bimbo.

[quote] Trans people are who they say they are and deserve to live their lives without being constantly questioned or told they aren’t who they say they are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31November 26, 2021 10:44 PM

Do not ever use the VS word again. You have been warned.

by Anonymousreply 32November 26, 2021 10:48 PM

R32 ‘warned’?😅🤣that’s adorable, sweetie. ‘Warned’ by whom, exactly?

We DLers don’t take orders from anyone but Muriel, and sometimes not even then.

by Anonymousreply 33November 26, 2021 10:49 PM

This makes most of the DL gays Slytherins by default, then, doesn’t it? 🐍

💚💚💚💚I love my snakey gay brethren! 💚💚💚💚

by Anonymousreply 34November 26, 2021 10:56 PM

R29 they all issued pretty specific statements unprompted that painted her as an out of touch millionaire and then some went even further like Emma Watson who became involved with Mermaids which pushes children into medical transitioning at a young age. I'm not sure why it's "highly doubtful" when their statements are on the internet still for all to see. Some also answered followup questions.

They could have just said "I disagree but she's entitled to her opinions without harassment". The only people who did that are some of the older actors.

This was during the main outrage when everyone was piling on her, sending her death threats, burning Harry Potter books, all trying to out performative virtue each other.

Then when she thought one high profile person - Stephen King - had supported her somewhat - he started getting shit and then shut that down immediately with a TRANS WOMEN ARE WOMEN / TRANS MEN ARE MEN tweet, like he was taken over by a body snatcher. He knew what he was doing and it was cruel.

Eventually she got used to the vilification and that's when she built several towers on her property and began work on the Weather Machine that she will use to wipe out all life in the UK, as punishment.

by Anonymousreply 35November 27, 2021 2:10 AM

[Quote] that painted her as an out of touch millionaire

That would be ironic coming from Emma of all people.

[Quote] Eventually she got used to the vilification and that's when she built several towers on her property and began work on the Weather Machine that she will use to wipe out all life in the UK, as punishment.

There are worse ways to go.

by Anonymousreply 36November 27, 2021 3:41 AM

Is Neville gonna be there with his Hot-ass Brit body??

by Anonymousreply 37November 27, 2021 4:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!