Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Getting my Pfizer booster today

In about 90 minutes.

Told people at work yesterday and several told me not to do it as it is "poison."

Poison? I already got the shots back in March & April earlier this year and no side effects aside from a sore arm after the first.

"No, no, no...you don't understand. The booster is where they really get you. Well it was nice knowing you."

So what happens Monday when I return to work perfectly fine like the last two times?

by Anonymousreply 79November 27, 2021 2:58 AM

Nothing will happen, and eventually they'll move on to the next conspiracy du jour.

They don't want or need to prove anything is true, they just want or need to believe in it. . . for a little while.

by Anonymousreply 1November 13, 2021 3:22 PM

Me too, OP! At 9:20am -- exactly one hour from now. Then we're getting brunch and booze after. See you in hell (from heaven).

by Anonymousreply 2November 13, 2021 3:22 PM

I got my Pfizer booster last Thursday. All went well...just a sore arm and maybe a little more tired. I feel fine and you'll be fine, OP. Good luck...

by Anonymousreply 3November 13, 2021 3:34 PM

If these people are completely unvaccinated I'd stay the fuck away from them.

by Anonymousreply 4November 13, 2021 3:35 PM

Got my booster this past Tuesday. I was surprised I didn’t even have a sore arm.

by Anonymousreply 5November 13, 2021 3:38 PM

I got my booster a couple of weeks ago and had a strong reaction - a day of high fever and GI upsets.

A doctor I know said "Great, you want a strong reaction!", and that it meant the immune system was activating itself. Which is great considering my "essential" job carries a high risk of exposure, but be warned, OP. Some people are sick a day or two after getting the booster.

by Anonymousreply 6November 13, 2021 5:00 PM

I got my booster last week and was sore for a day. I attribute it to the microchip that was injected as part of the booster so that the government can spy on me and know where I am at all times. Other than that, no problems.

by Anonymousreply 7November 13, 2021 5:10 PM

[quote]So what happens Monday when I return to work perfectly fine like the last two times?

They'll know that Bill Gates has gotten to you

by Anonymousreply 8November 13, 2021 5:12 PM

That microchip is a bitch to get through a needle....

by Anonymousreply 9November 13, 2021 5:14 PM

R6, how did you do with the first two shots?

I was really sick for about 24 hours after my second Moderna. My booster is this coming Tuesday, and I’m really hoping it’s not a redux experience of fever, chills, nausea, and aches.

by Anonymousreply 10November 13, 2021 5:22 PM

Can I have your stuff OP?

by Anonymousreply 11November 13, 2021 5:30 PM

Had 3 Moderna shots that include the booster a couple of weeks ago. Only second Moderna shot made me feel iky the second day afterwards. The third shot had less of a sore arm compared to the first two.

by Anonymousreply 12November 13, 2021 5:32 PM

^icky

by Anonymousreply 13November 13, 2021 5:34 PM

Funny how most people are reporting that the 2nd jab and the booster were most painful or uncomfortable for them.

For me, it was the 1st. I checked myself into A&E, because I was in so much pain and couldn’t breathe properly—genuinely thought I was dying (apparently it was a panic attack+an underlying longterm condition waking up from dormancy? So the Dr. said...). After much angst and handwringing and foot-dragging, I did have the second too, and was barely affected by it. Very odd.

As I’m under 30 and not technically in an at-risk group, I haven’t been encouraged to have the booster yet. Not sure if I’ll bite yet.

by Anonymousreply 14November 13, 2021 5:45 PM

Where do you work, OP? At the pork butchery of a Piggly Wiggly in Klansville, Arkansas? a MAGAt meatball factory in Moronville, Missouri?

by Anonymousreply 15November 13, 2021 5:50 PM

How are you doing, OP? It's been about 6 hours since my shot (with a three bloody mary chaser), and I'm still alive. If you don't respond to your own thread by midnight with an update, we'll all assume you're dead.

by Anonymousreply 16November 13, 2021 10:52 PM

8 1/2 hours later and I feel no different then before I got the booster.

Not even a sore arm.

by Anonymousreply 17November 14, 2021 1:14 AM

Yeah my brother told me I'd be dead by Christmas.

by Anonymousreply 18November 14, 2021 1:36 AM

I had my third a week ago (Moderna) and as before, no reaction except a slightly sore arm. It’s just weird how some people get strong reactions and some none at all. It’s not like I’m in perfect health. I wish I knew why.

by Anonymousreply 19November 14, 2021 1:45 AM

My first two shots of Moderna in the spring kicked my ass. The booster last week was nothing, not even a sore arm.

by Anonymousreply 20November 14, 2021 2:24 AM

I wonder how many have not gotten the vaccine, not because they are anti-vaxxers, but they are afraid of the after effects that are always brought up when they are in the company of the vaccinated. Also, how many are afraid of needles and see people getting injections every time the news stations talk about Covid vaccines?

by Anonymousreply 21November 14, 2021 2:31 AM

I've had the 2 Moderna vaccines and a Pfizer booster - doctors said ok to mix them. Never had any side affects except I had flu like symptoms after the first moderna for a day. I am a two time liver transplant recipient 14 years ago, so very lucky and have had all kinds of vaccines since then ( shingles, tetanus, etc) no after effects. JFC stop it you are all wimps if you can't get a fucking shot in your arm! Morons!

by Anonymousreply 22November 14, 2021 6:16 AM

i still need to get my booster. i had both shots of pfizer back in Marc/April so it's overdue. I'm not scared.

by Anonymousreply 23November 14, 2021 6:37 AM

Well I'm scared. Had the booster 2 weeks ago. The microchip kicks in after two weeks.

R11 you can have my stuff.

by Anonymousreply 24November 14, 2021 6:45 AM

OP, please walk into the office with a house key stuck to your neck and a quarter stuck to your forehead, never mind that these metals are not magnetically attracted.

People are idiots.

I had my booster last Friday and felt tired, stiff, headache, slightly light headed the next day, and my arm stayed sore, hot and itchy for a week. I just knew it was my immune system revving up.

by Anonymousreply 25November 14, 2021 2:20 PM

If you don't have strong reaction to the vaccine, then the vaccine does nothing to your antibodies because you are either too fat or too old.

by Anonymousreply 26November 14, 2021 2:23 PM

R21 you are right. There are people who fear needles because they associate it with pain. For some, that stems from childhood. Some indeed fear the side-effects. Certain inflaming, and sometimes contradicting messages in the media, including from some pro-vaccine advocates, can generate discomfort. I know a few who were reluctant to take the vaccine because if they get side-effect sickness, they view being absent from work is an outcome that must be avoided. When they chat with co-workers, friends, and even misinformed family members, mixed and false messaging can flourish.

by Anonymousreply 27November 14, 2021 2:24 PM

I had the Pfizer booster over a month ago with no reaction whatsoever. I've had extended exposure to a couple of family members with covid and I've never gotten sick. Maybe I'm one of those lucky ones that never will, who knows. I'm not taking any chances though.

by Anonymousreply 28November 14, 2021 2:45 PM

I got the J&J this past spring, and it put me in bed for a couple of days. At first, I thought it was just a migraine, but the chills and fever etc prompted my boss to suggest it was the vaccine reaction. Which was a nice reminder, since our company provided special paid time off for those getting the shot who had a bad reaction to it.

Friday I went to Costco and got the flu shot in my right arm and the Moderna booster in my left. I thought I was being pretty smart to take care of both at once, but that night I remembered: I sleep on my side. And two sore arms made for a restless night.

I've been fine since, though.

by Anonymousreply 29November 14, 2021 2:51 PM

"No, no, no...you don't understand. The booster is where they really get you. Well it was nice knowing you."

OP, no one said this to you, but I guess it is fun to make up stuff to support your thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 30November 14, 2021 2:52 PM

Got my Pfizer booster a week ago. I deliberately got mine on a Friday afternoon so I would have the weekend to be sick if I had a reaction. I felt a little run down for a day, arm was sore for two days.

That's about the same reaction I had to the first Pfizer dose. I had virtually no reaction to the second Pfizer dose.

by Anonymousreply 31November 14, 2021 2:54 PM

I have a friend who was told by some people that everyone who has been vaxxed will be dead in two years because they, you know, did their research online.

by Anonymousreply 32November 14, 2021 2:55 PM

R30 I'm not OP but there people saying this shit. Why do you think it's all made up? It's Q shit.

by Anonymousreply 33November 14, 2021 2:57 PM

R32 All I can say is that I'm on board should Trump become our President again.

by Anonymousreply 34November 14, 2021 2:59 PM

I'd start looking for a new job. Life's too short to have to be around toxic morons all day.

by Anonymousreply 35November 14, 2021 3:10 PM

I'm having a Pfizer booster Wed.

Odd, they say that older people tolerate the vaccines better because their immune system has slowed down. I'm 65 and was sick for two days after shot #2 - flu sick, tired and fever.

by Anonymousreply 36November 14, 2021 3:13 PM

[quote]OP, no one said this to you, but I guess it is fun to make up stuff to support your thoughts.

R30 = anti-vaxxer who doesn't want to admit to himself that he is one of THOSE anti-vaxxers.

You should embrace your brethren buddy.

by Anonymousreply 37November 14, 2021 3:40 PM

R37 Not in the least, but bless your heart.

I know there are many psycho anti vaxxers, but based on OP's other replies/posts, I doubt someone said "Well it was nice knowing you." etc.

I'm vaxxed, with booster coming up in 2 weeks. I just don't have anything to prove.

by Anonymousreply 38November 14, 2021 3:43 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39November 16, 2021 7:42 AM

Got my booster last week. No major reaction and I am really psyched about my chip. Now I don't have to get one of those I've fallen and I can't get up things. The gubmint will know if I've been laying on my bathroom floor for 24 hours and come get me.

by Anonymousreply 40November 16, 2021 8:19 AM

My first two shots were Pfizer, and I decided to mix it up and get a Moderna booster.

I had bad body aches the day after the shot, which went away in 24 hours. But I've been fatigued ever since. That was two weeks ago. It's gotten like 5% better every day, but I still feel like I could close my eyes and go to sleep instantly at any point.

by Anonymousreply 41November 16, 2021 8:42 AM

I'm so tired of the Datalounge Covid nellies, who have been journaling for us their every Covid thought for almost two years now.

by Anonymousreply 42November 16, 2021 8:54 AM

R41, I've felt that way since the clocks turned back and the afternoons are dark. Maybe that has something to do with it? It's a horrible feeling regardless and I hope you feel better soon.

I am getting my Pfizer booster this afternoon. I had 2x Astra Z the first time around and no major reactions from either jab other than feeling tired for about 24 hours afterward. Fingers crossed for similar minor reaction today.

by Anonymousreply 43November 16, 2021 8:54 AM

Pfizer booster last week. Slight headache and sore arm for two days. What's amazing now is that I can play my entire Spotify playlist by just opening my mouth and switch Roku channels by blinking my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 44November 16, 2021 9:39 AM

R42 Yet, you show on such a thread....still.

by Anonymousreply 45November 16, 2021 10:16 AM

Thank you r42. Many of these nellies will soon be dropping like flies. Poor things.

by Anonymousreply 46November 16, 2021 10:17 AM

R44, Lucky! I just got another dose of autism.

by Anonymousreply 47November 16, 2021 11:02 AM

^Roseanne Barr

by Anonymousreply 48November 16, 2021 11:18 AM

Believe me, the biggest anti-vaxxers (esp the men) are pussies who are afraid of needles/getting shots. It's as simple as that and they've embraced a whole conspiracy theory in order to justify their being babies.

by Anonymousreply 49November 16, 2021 11:33 AM

What difference does it make if you feel fine right afterwards when you don't know the long term effects?

by Anonymousreply 50November 16, 2021 11:47 AM

Yeah, R50, the 5G microchips embedded in the vaccine will turn your body into an Internet hub. Not to mention you'll turn into a living magnet -- watch out for flying silverware!

by Anonymousreply 51November 16, 2021 11:52 AM

I got a Moderna booster last week after getting two Pfizer shots last March. Here’s the weird thing. I had a headache for seven months after the first two shots. It went away after the Moderna booster. It is an amazing relief to feel better after so long AND to be safe for the holidays. I’ve looked all over online and can’t find anyone else who had this experience.

by Anonymousreply 52November 16, 2021 11:54 AM

I got my third Moderna shot in August, the day after they cleared it for immune suppressed people. It got me sick for about 24 hours, but when I woke up, my skin had a glow, my waist was smaller, and my penis grew 2 inches.

by Anonymousreply 53November 16, 2021 12:07 PM

[quote] So what happens Monday when I return to work perfectly fine like the last two times?

Don't be surprised if they try placing spoons or paper clips against your body to see if they stick, there is a wacko out there claiming that the vaccine makes your magnetic.

by Anonymousreply 54November 16, 2021 12:23 PM

This never happened.

by Anonymousreply 55November 16, 2021 12:31 PM

It is fascinating the different reactions everyone has, even the same person to each dose.

The immune system is really amazing and working 24/7. For those of you who had a bad reaction, think what would have happened if you had gotten actual covid

by Anonymousreply 56November 16, 2021 12:35 PM

Do you live in Darkest Flyoverstan OP?

Are your co-workers uneducated blue/pink/rainbow collars?

by Anonymousreply 57November 16, 2021 12:37 PM

I can’t wait for my booster. I’m really looking forward to the chip improving my 5G reception.

by Anonymousreply 58November 16, 2021 12:43 PM

Hey, when you get this Bill Gates microchip does Windows stop crashing on you? 'Cause that'd be totally worth it.

Do they have a Steve Jobs one that means your iPhone automatically upgrades without nagging you about it and extends the life of your battery? Come on, Moderna, you can still make that deal!

by Anonymousreply 59November 16, 2021 12:45 PM

My Antivax Christian family thinks all vaccinated people will drop dead at once. So people who selflessly wore masks and got a vaccine for the greater good will all drop dead en masse soon? Sorta like the rapture? Guess they will be stuck here with all the selfish antivax assholes after I’m raptured.

by Anonymousreply 60November 16, 2021 12:45 PM

[quote]Hey, when you get this Bill Gates microchip does Windows stop crashing on you?

Yes, but as R50 points out, that's a long-term effect -- you'll have to wait a good year for it to kick in.

by Anonymousreply 61November 16, 2021 12:47 PM

[quote]So what happens Monday when I return to work perfectly fine like the last two times?

Dunno. A cake?

by Anonymousreply 62November 16, 2021 12:47 PM

Aw, nuts, R61.

by Anonymousreply 63November 16, 2021 12:50 PM

OP, you should play it up. For the next month, come up with the weirdest symptoms you can come up with. You know, just start randomly shaking or making your eyes blink uncontrollably. Stuff like that. They're never going to get vaccinated anyway, so you should just have a little fun at their expense.

by Anonymousreply 64November 16, 2021 12:52 PM

I like your style, R64.

Gaslighting nutcases is devious.

by Anonymousreply 65November 16, 2021 12:57 PM

They announced that all adults in New York and New Jersey can get the booster now. I tried several weekdays but no luck but managed to get one for Sunday. All of the anti vaxers and chip conspiracy theorists can just wait for their call from hell as far as I'm concerned. This is about public health and with a very cold winter coming up, people shouldn't be such idiots.

by Anonymousreply 66November 16, 2021 1:05 PM

Use a lot of time off for your vax side effects.

by Anonymousreply 67November 16, 2021 1:05 PM

I felt like a Datalounger when I got the booster from a nice trans pharmacist.

by Anonymousreply 68November 16, 2021 2:29 PM

[quote]Do you live in Darkest Flyoverstan OP?

That's just it...these nuts are everywhere from BFE to Manhattan. From Duluth to Boston.

Conspiracy theorists don't inhabit just a certain area of the country.

Even "well educated" (college grads) espouse this shit.

by Anonymousreply 69November 16, 2021 4:36 PM

Such conveniences thanks to the chip in my booster!

Now I don't have to worry about having a phone. Calls and texts go directly into my brain!

Unfortunately, I didn't get the most up-to-date chip and I can't surf the internet in my head. Still need a computer or tablet/phone for that.

by Anonymousreply 70November 16, 2021 4:58 PM

"watch out for flying silverware"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71November 16, 2021 5:15 PM

I got my Pfizer booster 3 weeks ago and I was kinda bummed I didn't have side effects that I'm expecting. The 1st one gave me a very sore arm, the 2nd, felt quite ill the day after while the booster just briefly gave me a mild discomfort in the injection area.

by Anonymousreply 72November 16, 2021 5:34 PM

I had my Pfizer booster yesterday (after 2x AZ). Totally fine for first 24 hours and then suddenly a brick of fatigue hit, followed by aches, chills, fever, utter exhaustion. I'm now at about 32 hours out from the jab and side effects are starting to subside. It's bedtime here in the UK, so I'm off to bed anticipating that I'll prob feel pretty good in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 73November 17, 2021 8:27 PM

I got Moderna booster yesterday. Not as bad as the first time but got some fever, headache and chills today.

by Anonymousreply 74November 19, 2021 1:59 AM

I did Pfizer/Pfizer initially, but decided to go with the Moderna booster because I've read Moderna seems to remain effective longer. But now I'm thinking I should have just gotten the Pfizer Booster, since I feel I've doubled my prospects for adverse consequences yet to be discovered. At any rate, the two Pfizer shots left me feeling fluish and miserable for 2 days, the Moderna Booster only left me with a sore arm.

by Anonymousreply 75November 27, 2021 2:19 AM

My crazy anti-vaxx, conspiracy freak uncle tried to gatecrash Thanksgiving. My dad stopped him at the front door with a plate my mom prepared for him, covered in tin foil (so he could spruce up his hat, later on). My parents had told him months ago that they would love to have him at the house for the holidays, but only if he was vaccinated. My parents both have health issues and one of my sisters still has a son who is too young to get vaxxed. He's gotten kicked out of various local businesses and I had to block him on social media because he won't stop pushing the conspiracy bullshit. It's all he talks about and he gets right up in your facewith it, too. My sisters, BIL and I all peeked out of the window watched our dad call him a moron and tell him not to come back until he was sane again. It was awesome.

by Anonymousreply 76November 27, 2021 2:33 AM

r76 lmao

by Anonymousreply 77November 27, 2021 2:38 AM

They just went back to mandatory indoor masks where I live and I'm fine with that. I'm getting my booster on 12/3 and I'm not taking any chances.

by Anonymousreply 78November 27, 2021 2:52 AM

They're nuts. I got the Pfizer booster three weeks ago. Once again NO reaction. .. The nurse and hot paramedic who gave me the first two shots were excellent in their shot-giving skills. .. And the only thing about the booster shot was the amateur at the grocery store pharmacy who gave that one to me. I knew immediately I'd get a bruise from it, and did. That's all.

by Anonymousreply 79November 27, 2021 2:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!