Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What's up with all these "homewrecking" trolls?

It seems like every day there's another old school actress (Joanne Woodward, Vivien Leigh) getting called a cunt because she fucked a married man. I don't care about "misogyny" regarding slutty behavior, but it seems very suburban housewife to insist someone is an awful person because they had an affair.

by Anonymousreply 49November 16, 2021 3:43 AM

It's ONE homewrecking troll

by Anonymousreply 1November 11, 2021 6:11 PM

OP = Angelina

by Anonymousreply 2November 11, 2021 6:11 PM

R2 - LOL I'm actually an Angelina hater because I think she's an overrated, humorless, talentless cunt. Third rate Mia Farrow. Viv and Joanne have both contributed something beneficial to the arts.

by Anonymousreply 3November 11, 2021 6:16 PM

DL fave Vivian Vance was a homewrecker as well. She provided much fodder for tabloid gossip

by Anonymousreply 4November 11, 2021 6:19 PM

I don't see the homewrecker accusations too often except for the Joanne Woodward threads. I find it amusing because DL must be one of the few forums with a user base old enough to not only know who Paul Newman was but that he had a previous wife.

by Anonymousreply 5November 11, 2021 6:30 PM

R3 Angelina's very affected by a mud cradling, casserole cooking, stroller strolling suburban housewife like you OP, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 6November 11, 2021 6:34 PM

"Homewrecker" is also used in a non-literal way. I've used it here on DL, in a non-literal way, and got skewered.

by Anonymousreply 7November 11, 2021 6:39 PM

Joanne Woodward was certainly no better than she ought to be!

The heartless no-account hussy--there's a special place in hell for homewreckers like that shameless Jezebel! Water always finds its own level!

by Anonymousreply 8November 11, 2021 6:48 PM

Did the Joan Plowright troll mention her homewrecking or just her elder abuse?

by Anonymousreply 9November 11, 2021 7:02 PM

Everybody has had sex with a married man. People need to chill out.

by Anonymousreply 10November 11, 2021 7:12 PM

"I will not rest until I have wrecked the home of every nuclear family in the country!"

by Anonymousreply 11November 11, 2021 7:15 PM

Well don't look at me,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12November 11, 2021 7:54 PM

HOMEWRECKING is alive and well. Its a story as old as time. Everyone has to take a position on it, sooner or later. Why deny this?

by Anonymousreply 13November 11, 2021 8:33 PM

OP = Carol Burnett

by Anonymousreply 14November 11, 2021 8:37 PM

Homewrecker is an ancient term that was once applied to women who had affairs with married men, (as if the man deserved no responsibility for cheating on his wife). And if the affair resulted in a separation and /or divorce, SHE was to blame., not him. Extremely dumb, extremely dated.

The Homewrecker Troll thinks he's being funny. Threads like this certainly won't make him stop.

by Anonymousreply 15November 11, 2021 8:58 PM

Sorry but people like Carol Burnett and Elizabeth Taylor need to be called out.

by Anonymousreply 16November 11, 2021 9:08 PM

Homewrecker can apply to any gender and any sexual orientation. Yes, it takes two to tango. The old view of it being out-dated doesn't mean that the concept is false. Each one of you has the right to have a judgement about how people live their infidelities and betrayals. You can deny that home-wrecking doesn't exist, but people who do feel that it happens and its SHITTY are correct as well. It is not a black and white issue. A concept beyond many people ruled by outrage dialectics today.

by Anonymousreply 17November 11, 2021 9:24 PM

Men are not monogamous by nature.

by Anonymousreply 18November 11, 2021 9:25 PM

since there are always PLENTY OF single fish in the sea, you need to ask yourself, a single person why you would get involved with a partnered person who in principal, usually, is not available to be repartnered with you. If you must fuck a partnered person, keep it to sex, and walk away if either you feel that a fantasy relation should be turned into reality. People in unhappy couples who want to stray with their love and emotions, not just their cocks, assies and pussies, should break up.

It's all histrionic and/or narcissistic behavior and unnecessary drama.

by Anonymousreply 19November 11, 2021 9:35 PM

Jesus, some of you are FRAUS.

by Anonymousreply 20November 11, 2021 9:41 PM

Homewrecker title is apt. Thats why its there moron genx

by Anonymousreply 21November 11, 2021 9:42 PM

R17, you're looking at this outdated term from a modern perspective. A person who causes their divorce by cheating is a person who causes their divorce by cheating. There is no modern use of the word "homewrecker."

by Anonymousreply 22November 12, 2021 2:09 PM

So if you just fuck him and his home stays intact are you okay?

by Anonymousreply 23November 12, 2021 2:29 PM

Well there is - just because you haven't heard it or haven't adjusted. I hear home wrecker regularly. cuckold as well.

R23 if you fuck a married man and he has no of leaving his spouse, you are NOT a homewrecker. Nope. Couldn't you figure out that by the meaning of the words!

anyway we use the equivalent term in French - brisseur de couple

Sounds to me that some people don't believe that homewreckers or homewrecking exists in the world, so that's ok. But many people still made sense of actions with this term. So the term stands and is still useful.

by Anonymousreply 24November 12, 2021 2:34 PM

There's a Dory Previn troll on the Mia Farrow threads who is constantly calling Mia a homewrecker.

by Anonymousreply 25November 12, 2021 3:04 PM

Just like that homewrecking Chrissie

by Anonymousreply 26November 12, 2021 9:13 PM

I’m glad to know I can still enjoy married dick without the stigma of being a home wrecker.

by Anonymousreply 27November 13, 2021 4:04 AM

There are some real homewreckers out there. Doesn't have to be an affair with someone outside your marriage, just look at Meghan Markle. She managed to homewreck her own marriage. Look at Harry, or what's remaining of him.

by Anonymousreply 28November 13, 2021 4:14 AM

Beware of Young *Adopted* Girls

by Anonymousreply 29November 13, 2021 4:16 AM

The people who can't help themselves and have to bring up Markle in every thread have a serious personality disorder.

by Anonymousreply 30November 13, 2021 4:17 AM

Sorry, did I offend you R30? Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 31November 13, 2021 4:19 AM

It's a calling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32November 13, 2021 7:07 AM

I'm not gonna let you wreck this home.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33November 14, 2021 11:11 PM

Sleeping with a married man is hot. I kind of want the wife or husband to know but just not confront me.

by Anonymousreply 34November 14, 2021 11:15 PM

Wreaking a home is based on the concept of pursuing a married man and drawing him away from his "perfect" nucellar family, the sacred "home."

None of these things, none of these statuses are true anymore if they ever were. Women are no longer virgin brides marrying for support, men are no longer individuals swayed by an "evil" tempest.

by Anonymousreply 35November 15, 2021 12:03 AM

Well that's your perspective.

by Anonymousreply 36November 15, 2021 1:03 AM

On The Golden Girls Sophia called Dorothy a Tramp for sleeping with a married man

by Anonymousreply 37November 15, 2021 1:05 AM

So if you all say the term "Homewrecker" is outdated and that NO ONE can break up a marriage

Then all you DLers must have warm and wonderful feelings towards Camilla Parker-Bowles

But if you turn around and say Camilla is responsible for the breakup of Diana marriage, then you are nothing more than hypocrite

Because you can't have it both ways.,

by Anonymousreply 38November 15, 2021 1:09 AM

Homewrecking is pretty much an outdated concept, whether it's males or females involved. Being all "Escandalo!" about it on the DL is usually just a joke.

Once in a while it's for real. That chick who bagged Dummy Bezos? Total homewrecker.

Mia, back in the day, total homewrecker (not an outdated concept at that time).

AngieJo, not a homewrecker. They were past it by then.

by Anonymousreply 39November 15, 2021 1:27 AM

I don’t feel anything about Camilla Parker Bowles because I’m not a royal family fan but her and Charles really seemed to be in love.

by Anonymousreply 40November 15, 2021 1:27 AM

Once and awhile it IS real. I've witnessed gay men do this to other gay couples. Yes it takes 2 to tango, though.

by Anonymousreply 41November 15, 2021 1:29 AM

The term is very often misused.

by Anonymousreply 42November 15, 2021 1:35 AM

What about the children?

by Anonymousreply 43November 15, 2021 1:39 AM

If they stay married you’re just a side piece not a home wrecker.

by Anonymousreply 44November 15, 2021 1:42 AM

If they stay married, you're asleep at the wheel!

by Anonymousreply 45November 15, 2021 1:46 AM

"Homewrecker" is when you blame the other person instead of YOUR CHEATING HUSBAND for breaking up the family.

by Anonymousreply 46November 15, 2021 12:56 PM

Homewrecker is YOUR CHEATING HUSBAND, AND the skank who butt in.

by Anonymousreply 47November 15, 2021 3:25 PM

I’ve had affairs with married or engaged men over the course of a few years and it was a fulfilling experience for both of us. If anything it probably reinvigorated the men and improved their home lives.

by Anonymousreply 48November 16, 2021 2:15 AM

Did you check in for the wives opinion on that?

I think its OK to have a fuckbuddy tie to a married men. I have some myself. Its about physical needs and sex exploration, and lite social contact. In my morality it should not cross over to time consuming emotional needs and sharing, to contacts besides sex, etc. I could imagine that being possible but NONE of my married fuckbuddies have been up front with their wives so I never went to that territory of relationship.

As far as gay guys in couples having open relationships, there are so many variations. But I have known too many stories of heartbreak and trauma out of cheaters and falling in love and betrayals and hidden lovers, etc etc etc. You can smell the dishonesty and hurt a mile away so why get entangled in that?

by Anonymousreply 49November 16, 2021 3:43 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!