Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tom Ford needs to shut up.

Now he's buying into this GQP bullshit?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159November 27, 2021 10:47 PM

Context?!?

by Anonymousreply 1November 11, 2021 12:08 AM

He's right, of course.

by Anonymousreply 2November 11, 2021 12:16 AM

“Tom Ford needs to shut up” OP

The irony

I think you just proved his point OP

by Anonymousreply 3November 11, 2021 12:20 AM

Team Tom Ford

by Anonymousreply 4November 11, 2021 12:28 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5November 11, 2021 12:29 AM

I can’t help but think Tom Ford would be somewhat handsome if he didn’t have the world’s largest forehead.

by Anonymousreply 6November 11, 2021 12:35 AM

Eventually, half of all liberals are going to come out against cancel culture and excessive wokeness, and it’s going to be very difficult for people like OP to paint all those people as right-wing.

by Anonymousreply 7November 11, 2021 12:47 AM

Dolce & Gabana sure didn't get cancelled for all the crazy, bigoted shit they've said. In fact, their recent Venice, Italy runway show was the biggest fashion event in recent memory.

by Anonymousreply 8November 11, 2021 1:17 AM

R8 Because Puritan Witch Burning is a Protestant thing. Catholic countries could not give a flying fuck. That is because extreme Protestant have to burn the purity into people.

by Anonymousreply 9November 11, 2021 1:21 AM

Cancel culture is the modern equivalent of the Salem Witch Trials.

by Anonymousreply 10November 11, 2021 1:24 AM

Go Tom Ford! Fuck cancel culture! Banning books in schools, banning history lessons, cancelling artists, comedians. TEAM TOM FORD. I don't know why the DLers are so into censorship. Isn't that what you eldergays fought for???? To be yourself unabashedly and outrageously?

by Anonymousreply 11November 11, 2021 1:25 AM

Tom ford team

by Anonymousreply 12November 11, 2021 1:32 AM

A vote for Tom Ford.

(And hold the fort Tom, please keep up the whole pretentious old-school taste-lady act...it's refreshing in today's dreary world)

by Anonymousreply 13November 11, 2021 1:45 AM

Tom Ford - TEAM ME!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 14November 11, 2021 1:45 AM

I guess R9 doesn't expect the Inquisition.

He looks like he has Frankenstein bolts in his neck in OP's picture.

by Anonymousreply 15November 11, 2021 2:37 AM

Hey r15 I factored in the Inquistion and also the Wars of Religion , but as Protestant States have basically been the dominant force for the last 200 years it is their voices that dominate the narrative. Ironically the louder the voices the less it has to do with the Church and the more it has to do with the tyranny of starting anew.

by Anonymousreply 16November 11, 2021 3:23 AM

Most of the people that get canceled deserved it.

by Anonymousreply 17November 11, 2021 3:34 AM

R17, you'll get canceled one day.

by Anonymousreply 18November 11, 2021 3:40 AM

So now Tom Ford is a douche bag like Aaron Rogers.

by Anonymousreply 19November 11, 2021 3:50 AM

Conservatives invented cancel culture. They’ve ALWAYS been about censoring this or that due to their extreme pearl clutching. So STFU trying to make this always about LIBERALS canceling stuff. If conservatives had their way gays would be canceled.

by Anonymousreply 20November 11, 2021 3:54 AM

R2, is saying that he is not silencing or cancelling anybody, but is also, ironically, asking us to STFU.

We won't be silenced. And we will vote. Just not the way you'd like us to. Stay tuned.

by Anonymousreply 21November 11, 2021 4:14 AM

This was aimed at r20

by Anonymousreply 22November 11, 2021 4:15 AM

[quote]Conservatives invented cancel culture.

That's true, remember when the canceled the Dixie Chicks over a comment they made about George Bush while they were in Europe? They were against the war and literally all they said was "we are ashamed of our president" That's it. that's what got them canceled by every Republican red neck country music fan on the US. It worked to, they eventually broke up a few years later, lost 80% of their fans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23November 11, 2021 4:26 AM

The Repulitards have no ideology other than stupidity: CRT, Q, Anti-Vax, Trump, Cancel Culture. It is amazing that 40% of America is that dumb.

by Anonymousreply 24November 11, 2021 4:28 AM

There is nothing "GQP" or Aaron Rodgers-esque about Ford's comments. I generally find him to be an insufferable prick, but his comments about people screeching about cultural appropriation when it comes to fashion design are spot on.

by Anonymousreply 25November 11, 2021 4:28 AM

OP reveals himself to be a very shallow thinker.

by Anonymousreply 26November 11, 2021 4:47 AM

The Right tried to cancel me over 20 years ago.

Hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 27November 11, 2021 4:49 AM

Funny how you asshole right-wingers get all twisted and faux outraged about being ‘cancelled’ but never apologize for any of the hateful shit you say or any of the rotten things you do.

by Anonymousreply 28November 11, 2021 4:54 AM

Remember when the repubs tried to cancel culture Roseanne for her bad singing?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 11, 2021 4:58 AM

Later Trump republican Roseanne Barr tried to cancel culture her co star Sara Gilbert for something she had said.

So much for the party of personal responsibility =

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30November 11, 2021 5:01 AM

I’d like to make an Andy Warhol style prediction and predict that everybody will get their moment of cancellation at this rate.

by Anonymousreply 31November 11, 2021 5:11 AM

R21 Is triggered because their argument is turned back on them.Yes, conservatives invented cancel culture. They’ve always engaged in cancel culture. R21 wants you to forget that.

Stay tuned? You aren’t going to vote Iike I want? I’m terrified. OMG. First, I don’t even believe you vote. I don’t care how you vote. You’re obviously an easily manipulated simpleton. I am not surprised if you vote based on something so stupid.

Also, are you trying to set the narrative Ds will lose in the midterms due to this? History already wrote ‘22. The party is power loses seats every fucking time. With a slim majority, Ds will lose their majority. And it will have nothing to do with this non-issue or you. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 32November 11, 2021 10:42 AM

R23 Clear Channel absolutely stopped playing their, Madonna’s, and a few others’ music due to protests against W or the war in Iraq. That was just the beginning. Conservatives have been in the cancel culture game for a long time. The tables are turned on them now. It can go too far, esp the cultural appropriation BS (which our resident conservative trolls will use on a celeb they hate if they get slammed for it), but conservatives are the true cancel culture warriors.

by Anonymousreply 33November 11, 2021 10:47 AM

Watching right and left wingers go back and forth into the void on here is really something.

by Anonymousreply 34November 11, 2021 11:03 AM

R34 Don’t act like you’re above it all.

by Anonymousreply 35November 11, 2021 11:06 AM

It doesn’t really matter if conservatives invented cancel culture. The modern issue is its over-each and manipulation is souring those who normally vote blue. It is a real issue, and those who can’t see where it is headed are either willfully obtuse or just in denial.

by Anonymousreply 36November 11, 2021 11:08 AM

Conservatives are still canceling only this time they want to cancel election results. The Boris’ here are division trolls.

by Anonymousreply 37November 11, 2021 11:09 AM

Conservatives are still trying to ban fucking books from schools. THEY ARE ACTIVELY CANCELING. DL conservatives are trying to get you to not notice.

by Anonymousreply 38November 11, 2021 11:10 AM

What does GQP mean?

by Anonymousreply 39November 11, 2021 11:11 AM

R39 If you have to ask………

by Anonymousreply 40November 11, 2021 11:20 AM

Odd that the only defense either side has against their own censorious natures is "The Other Guys are Doing It Worse!

by Anonymousreply 41November 11, 2021 11:33 AM

I'd like to be on Team Tom but I'm five pounds overweight so I don't know if he'd have me.

by Anonymousreply 42November 11, 2021 11:50 AM

Cancel culture is a movement led by angry entitled minorities to destroy white majority and take over. They have no understanding of the difference between class and "race."

Prove me wrong.

by Anonymousreply 43November 11, 2021 11:53 AM

Cancel culture is not a single black designer anywhere in sight at the top fashion shows

by Anonymousreply 44November 11, 2021 12:07 PM

Since when has done anything daring besides marry an older man?

by Anonymousreply 45November 11, 2021 12:10 PM

The OUTRAGE of western countries at "cultural appropriation" when people wear clothes based on traditional clothing of other countries is hilarious since the majority of people who actually live in those countries see it as a sign that their cultural influence is increasing.

There was a huge controversy a while back about some white woman wearing a Qipao (those traditional Chinese dresses). When they interviewed people from, you know, China, they thought it was great. It was only woke (mostly white) westerners who were OUTRAGED.

by Anonymousreply 46November 11, 2021 12:18 PM

Conservatives are looking to do more than just ban books from schools. It's Conservative Cancel Culture writ large.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47November 11, 2021 12:28 PM

Somebody observed in another thread the spectrum is actually a circle, with the extreme right and extreme left not at opposite ends but standing shoulder to shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 48November 11, 2021 12:36 PM

Fuck . The Outrage of the Left is unnerving. Omg you need to yell “Republicans are evil. Remember that”. How the fuck could we forget? But guess what. Some of you are acting like spoilt children throwing temper tantrums. Cancellation culture is real. Just read OP’s fucking thread title. He wants Tom Ford to shut up. Seriously talk about driving people into the arms of your enemy. You fucking seem only to know “ How to lose friends and alienate people” when you are fucked you will only have yourselves to blame.

by Anonymousreply 49November 11, 2021 1:38 PM

[quote] Funny how you asshole right-wingers get all twisted and faux outraged about being ‘cancelled’ but never apologize for any of the hateful shit you say or any of the rotten things you do.

Who the fuck are you even talking to?

by Anonymousreply 50November 11, 2021 2:12 PM

"The Outrage of the Left"? Are you fucking kidding with this shit? Yes Cancel Culture is real, and Republicans have been using it as a club to beat on the left for years, all the while complaining about the "outrage" of the people they're trying to destroy.

by Anonymousreply 51November 11, 2021 2:41 PM

He's not wrong.

[quote]The 60-year-old fashion icon said on the phenomenon: 'Cancel culture inhibits design because rather than feeling free, the tendency is to start locked into a set of rules. Everything is now considered appropriation. We used to be able to celebrate other cultures. Now you can’t do that.'

by Anonymousreply 52November 11, 2021 2:57 PM

R21, R43, you obviously don't belong here, retard.

by Anonymousreply 53November 11, 2021 3:01 PM

I fully support cancel culture, as long as it “cancels” Billy Porter, BLM, Aaron Schock, Dr. Jake, Tyler Perry, Andy Cohen, and CNN.

by Anonymousreply 54November 11, 2021 3:09 PM

R53 - You don’t get to decide who “belongs here.” The new majority will surface.

by Anonymousreply 55November 11, 2021 3:14 PM

R49 So cancel culture is "real" to you because the OP told Tom Ford to STFU? And that is what's going to be the undoing of the Left..... LOL

If saying "STFU" is all it takes to destroy you then you must have an incredibly weak constitution

by Anonymousreply 56November 11, 2021 3:15 PM

that's why your decrepit looking husband died/is dying. Don't remember which it is.

by Anonymousreply 57November 11, 2021 3:18 PM

R55, lol, you don't belong here dipshit, and you are not the "new majority", you're just one single loser troll with mental problems.

by Anonymousreply 58November 11, 2021 3:19 PM

R21 /43 /55 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 59November 11, 2021 3:31 PM

Tom Ford needs to live his truth.

by Anonymousreply 60November 11, 2021 3:45 PM

[quote]There was a huge controversy a while back about some white woman wearing a Qipao (those traditional Chinese dresses). When they interviewed people from, you know, China, they thought it was great. It was only woke (mostly white) westerners who were OUTRAGED.

R46 I remember that. It was two or three years ago. It was a high school girl who wore it for her prom and posted photos on her social media. The SJWs came out in full force accusing her of culture appropriation and being hateful toward this poor girl. Meanwhile, when the Chinese heard about the outrage, they were flattered by the girl but bemused by the controversy. They were probably thinking "Crazy Americans!"

by Anonymousreply 61November 11, 2021 3:54 PM

Is he throwing shade at Maria Grazia? Because everyone knows deep down that she was a diversity hire and 99% would prefer if Galliano got his job at Dior back.

by Anonymousreply 62November 11, 2021 3:57 PM

Conservatives didn't invent cancel culture. At best they invented pearl clutching outrage which is similar but not the same. Basically cancel culture is the leftish version of that. And it's not a good defense to say the cons started it anyway, all your essentially saying is the people for cc are hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 63November 11, 2021 4:01 PM

The left has given us a much deeper, pervasive and harmful version of cancel culture.

It was something one would expect from the right, but from the left it is surprising.

by Anonymousreply 64November 11, 2021 4:07 PM

He's right. Cultural appreciation is a beautiful thing. Some of the wokesters seem to want segregation.

by Anonymousreply 65November 11, 2021 4:07 PM

Does he still own the compound in Santa Fe?

by Anonymousreply 66November 11, 2021 8:59 PM

Never heard of the Soviet Union, r64?

by Anonymousreply 67November 11, 2021 9:10 PM

An actually insane woman I work with has been posting recently about how burning sage is cultural appropriation and chastises people for even thinking of doing such a thing.

by Anonymousreply 68November 11, 2021 9:11 PM

Another BORIS thread. Must be triggered ASF by infrastructure week. Biden got it done in under 10 months.

R43 said the quiet part out loud. No, I don’t believe the trolls on this thread believe it. They’re just trolling. Some do believe “minorities” want to destroy whites and take control. No, we (I’m white, male and gay) want to destroy the Christian Conservative White Male patriarchy. You better fucking believe it. Nothing has been more toxic than that group.

If people vote GQP over this bogus “liberal cancel culture” when conservatives do it more often and worse when they’re also driving us to authoritarianism without hiding it, then this country can’t be saved and I can’t wait to see the look on their faces when they get a boot on their necks from the American Taliban.

by Anonymousreply 69November 11, 2021 9:47 PM

Please refer to him as The Widower Ford.

by Anonymousreply 70November 11, 2021 9:59 PM

Lighten up, it’s just fashion!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71November 11, 2021 10:06 PM

I would just like to note that Tom Ford was the FIRST person to state that he would NOT dress Melania Trump. Enough with "republicans did...". It's the far left which is facilitating cancel culture and it is un-American and not interesting.

by Anonymousreply 72November 11, 2021 10:59 PM

Melania and Tom Ford in a room together would have made botulism airborne.

by Anonymousreply 73November 11, 2021 11:05 PM

R72 Yet the Right is burning books in VA and other states. They’ve tried to cancel gay rights, abortion, and on and on. STFU. The RIGHT is a direct danger to our democracy but your cheerleading of the American Taliban is noted.

by Anonymousreply 74November 11, 2021 11:06 PM

Why does matter if the right does it too? That means we can all agree it’s bad. I don’t get how right wingers practicing cancel bullshit means the left wing doesn’t. Your political stance doesn’t exempt you from anything.

by Anonymousreply 75November 11, 2021 11:15 PM

Cancel? If I had it my way you bitches would be in Gulags at best.

It's OK, they are just re-education camps. Think of it as summer school.

by Anonymousreply 76November 11, 2021 11:18 PM

People think they should be held to a lower standard of behavior because their principles are good while other peoples' are bad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77November 11, 2021 11:22 PM

standing for human rights pisses off the Saudi Royal Family and Russian and Chinese Oligarchys and we want to sell products to them.

by Anonymousreply 78November 11, 2021 11:25 PM

“No, we (I’m white, male and gay) want to destroy the Christian Conservative White Male patriarchy. You better fucking believe it. Nothing has been more toxic than that group.” R69 “We beg to differ .Saudi Arabia and most Islamic countries in the world. Please come here and tell us about being Gay and proud.”

by Anonymousreply 79November 11, 2021 11:32 PM

R79 What a straw man argument. Weak ass.

R75 One party is actively trying to cancel democracy. It ain’t equal you fucksticks.

by Anonymousreply 80November 11, 2021 11:46 PM

The is about me, Tom Ford, goddammit. I'll be in the bath until you can get back to the topic on hand (TOM FORD).

by Anonymousreply 81November 12, 2021 2:25 AM

Is OP the one trying to make GQP happen? Give up!

by Anonymousreply 82November 12, 2021 2:27 AM

He should make another movie. I didn’t mind either.

by Anonymousreply 83November 12, 2021 2:27 AM

[quote] He should make another movie. I didn’t mind either.

Agreed - his aesthetic is impeccable.

by Anonymousreply 84November 12, 2021 2:29 AM

R80 It is a Straw Man Argument if you live in America and never travel and spend your life believing that White Man is to blame for everything, because that is easy to do. If you live on other countries without Christianity or White Men how do you explain the power dynamic?

If you giving White Men so much power then as well as the bad you have to allow the good, which means the reason you can be Gay and free is because of the very society you wish to pull down.

Power is power. To say any Group with power would act the same is complete bullshit. Look at China do you think they give a flying fuck about White toxic masculinity? They are to busy killing their own people.

by Anonymousreply 85November 12, 2021 3:33 AM

R85 conservatives

In THIS country git is white Christian conservative men who are the problem. World wide it is conservatives.

by Anonymousreply 86November 12, 2021 4:03 AM

R85 he didn’t say ALL white men. Many moderate and liberal white men made it possible for us to progress.

by Anonymousreply 87November 12, 2021 4:05 AM

R86 this Black and White argument just doesn’t stand up to scrutiny . We are both good and bad. You can’t yell that Whites are the oppressors at the same time as saying that they are also the first people in the world to free slaves, to give women the vote, to give Gays equal Rights. You can shit on your own culture as much as you like , but it is still the same culture that allows you the freedom to speak, be Gay and frankly follow your own dream. Why the fuck do you think so many people want to come to Western Countries if we are so shit.?Try living your life in a Third World shithole and come back to me about how oppressive White society is. All this does is divide. There is no positive from this. Do you think your the first person who thinks they can create Utopia? Stalin tried that , so did hundreds of others.

by Anonymousreply 88November 12, 2021 4:20 AM

R88 Do you have a reading comprehension problem? The problem is CONSERVATIVE WHITE MEN, not WHITE MEN. Moderate and Liberal White Men are a reason we have gotten all those things you listed. Not TOXIC CONSERVATIVE WHITE MEN. Conservatives in general are an issue in most countries.

Nobody is demonizing WHITE people. Only many CONSERVATIVE WHITE MEN.

by Anonymousreply 89November 12, 2021 4:23 AM

Nobody is demonizing white men?

Um, have you SEEN the Internet these days?

by Anonymousreply 90November 12, 2021 4:35 AM

R89 The problem is conervative white men? Guess you never heard of the nely appointed Eric Adams.

And why is race an issue? What makes what a black conservative says different from what a white conservative says?

by Anonymousreply 91November 12, 2021 4:45 AM

[quote] I don't know why the DLers are so into censorship.

Look at you supporting fascists who want to criminalize homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 92November 12, 2021 5:03 AM

He probably wanted to rip off some Hopi indian ponchos and got all pissy when someone told him no. White people hate to be told no. There are literally 3 things they can't do. Cultural appropriation, using the n word and dressing in blackface. They act like it's the holocaust that they can't

by Anonymousreply 93November 12, 2021 5:04 AM

Seems like the left and most Democrats are losing their grip on things. I don't think things are going to go well. I wonder if the Center will ultimately move more right over the next 2-3 years. I'm seeing it in my own workplace and friend circles. Woke is not a good thing to be anymore. It's becoming like "Karen".

by Anonymousreply 94November 12, 2021 5:11 AM

People are demonizing Thomas Jefferson and he was a freedom fighter.

by Anonymousreply 95November 12, 2021 5:19 AM

[quote]I wonder if the Center will ultimately move more right

It happens years ago, there is no center. America is extremely polarized. If you lived in America you would know this.

Nice try Boris.

by Anonymousreply 96November 12, 2021 7:22 AM

R90 ahahahahaahaha you’re going by keyboard warriors? Get a grip. White CONSERVATIVE men are the problem. You know it.

R91 Black conservative men are rare and A VAST MINORITY you numbnuts.

R94 hysterical RW talking point that’s stale.

R95 ahhh the infamous “people are saying” line.

I find it sooooo curious how “regular non-conservative American posters” are soooooo concerned about this “left cancel culture” yet are unconcerned about the right trying to cancel democracy. Russian trolls are all over this site. Russia is full of drunks and whores. A true failed shit hole cunt-try.

by Anonymousreply 97November 12, 2021 10:39 AM

Somebody needs to rip that glued down beaver pelt off his head. THAT will shut him up.

by Anonymousreply 98November 12, 2021 12:22 PM

I hate his perfumes and fashion but love his movies. Does anyone know if he is going to direct more?

by Anonymousreply 99November 12, 2021 12:34 PM

Noticing Thomas Jefferson was a rapist isn't demonizing him

by Anonymousreply 100November 12, 2021 12:56 PM

Your dad was a rapist

by Anonymousreply 101November 12, 2021 1:09 PM

I stand with Tom Ford on this.

No if he could only stop publishing that shitty overpriced book of his.

by Anonymousreply 102November 12, 2021 1:35 PM

Lol, he’s complaining about cancel culture while bemoaning/putting down voices/views that he doesn’t approve of (i.e. normals with access to Instagram). So he’s against cancel culture unless he’s the proctor. Wow, what a bold, well developed thought. Also he’s complaining about homogenization of fashion, but it’s not clear how it can be simultaneously homogenized by stylists and evolving into a cartoonish dystopia with the breakdown of the “rules”. Aren’t rules intended to maintain a sense of order, conformity, one-ness? So are we defending homogeneity or arguing against it? I guess we are supposed to rely on him to tell us what is acceptable conformity and what is an appropriate risk. The humor here for me is that I always thought his fashion is what a stylist would choose for a client because it’s not too edgy.

by Anonymousreply 103November 12, 2021 4:34 PM

BORIS Eat Shit and Die

by Anonymousreply 104November 12, 2021 6:42 PM

What is he doing to his face? He looks like one of the Jonas brothers in that picture.

by Anonymousreply 105November 12, 2021 6:50 PM

Why are people called Boris on here again? Are we back to worrying about the Russians taking over our country or have we moved on.

by Anonymousreply 106November 12, 2021 7:58 PM

R106 Oh hun, we will never ever stop calling out Boris on here. You’ve TRIED to get us to stop, but we won’t. If it’s walks like a drunk, fucks like a whore, it’s Russian.

by Anonymousreply 107November 12, 2021 9:18 PM

Right wingers prefer to call "cancel culture"

blacklisting which they've supported for decades.

by Anonymousreply 108November 13, 2021 1:47 AM

His Joan Crawford-saluting eyebrows are strange attractors to me.

by Anonymousreply 109November 13, 2021 3:17 AM

I bought a really nice tie from his store.

by Anonymousreply 110November 13, 2021 3:29 AM

“Black conservative men are rare and A VAST MINORITY you numbnuts.”r97

Tell me what are their thoughts are on Gay Rights ,?really.

by Anonymousreply 111November 13, 2021 3:55 AM

If he is referring to Insta account Diet Prada, then he is right. Bunch of hypocrites.

by Anonymousreply 112November 13, 2021 10:35 AM

His face never moves.

by Anonymousreply 113November 13, 2021 1:38 PM

R111 Whose thoughts? Black conservatives? They hate gay rights. Most conservatives do. Quit your infatuation with conservatives. They hate you, bruh.

by Anonymousreply 114November 13, 2021 5:22 PM

It's funny seeing gays whine about cancel culture if they were fine with Kevin Hart losing the Oscars gig over gay jokes. So I guess gays think they should decide who is allowed to be offended and who isn't and as a result, cancel anyone who offends them alone. Screw everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 115November 13, 2021 5:25 PM

correction: CERTAIN gays. The ones who always tell us on DL "This is why Trump won"

by Anonymousreply 116November 13, 2021 5:26 PM

There’s a subset of gays who fetishize conservatives. They’re daddy to them. They think they’re “masculine” ahahahahahahaha. Conservative men are the least sure of themselves so they act aggressive to compensate. They’re really the betas. They hate and oppress so many groups due to their lack of confidence.

by Anonymousreply 117November 13, 2021 5:30 PM

In the BDSM community the most likely to be subs are conservatives. Don’t ask how I know this.

by Anonymousreply 118November 13, 2021 5:31 PM

[quote] It's funny seeing gays whine about cancel culture if they were fine with Kevin Hart losing the Oscars gig over gay jokes.

My take on comedy is I am totally fine about jokes about gays if it is equal opportunity to EVERYONE. Kevin Hart might want to break a dollhouse over his son's head because he is acting gay and I might want to make a joke about my kid acting like a thuggish bigger despite growing up in Greenwich, CT. If we are OK with equal opportunity, I can take the gay jokes on the chin.

by Anonymousreply 119November 13, 2021 5:54 PM

Tom Ford is boring af.

by Anonymousreply 120November 13, 2021 5:57 PM

[quote] Because Puritan Witch Burning is a Protestant thing. Catholic countries could not give a flying fuck

You need to read a history book. The Holy Inquisition burned women and millions of natives throughout Latin America since the 1500s in their colonies, there are dozens of written documents on their trials and sins.

by Anonymousreply 121November 13, 2021 6:28 PM

R107 in real life people find your MUH RUSSIA chest pounding exhausting. Trump is gone but he lives in your head rent free.

by Anonymousreply 122November 13, 2021 6:29 PM

Complaining about "cancel culture" is a dead giveaway that you have a low IQ. Not sure why a gay person would side with Sean Hannity, other than extreme stupidity

by Anonymousreply 123November 13, 2021 6:31 PM

R122 Triggered because you know it’s true. What’s exhausting is the infatuation some weird gays have for conservatives. Most of the time it’s rooted in self-hatred.

by Anonymousreply 124November 13, 2021 6:34 PM

Not true at all. Everyone is fed up with cancel culture and real socialists have been criticizing identity politics from an orthodox marxist perspective since the mid 1990s when this nonsense started.

Anyone familiar with policial science and philosophy knows this. That's pretty much the divide you see within the center-right Democratic Party.

by Anonymousreply 125November 13, 2021 6:36 PM

R125 I see what you did there. “Center/right Dem party”. No, cancel culture is what conservatives are and have always done. Now they’re trying to cancel the last election and democracy but do go on and on about how conservatives are getting push back for their disgusting ways.

by Anonymousreply 126November 13, 2021 6:41 PM

In real life people like R124 are very aggressive and angry and this is why they can continue to be so delusional. No one wants to engage with them so they start to believe their own hype. There is a woman at my work who is just like this. She spreads hysterical conspiracies about the Russia and all these cartoonishly nefarious foreign actors who are trying to undermine America. She's basically a left wing QAnon loon. Unbeknownst her her, she is on most peoples' mute lists. so she is mostly just screeching into a void

by Anonymousreply 127November 13, 2021 6:52 PM

The Democratic Party is center-right to anyone outside the US. JFK started 2 right wing dictatorships in Latin America and founded a torture division within the school of the americas to train the repressive police of the right wing dictatorships. So shut the fuck up.

That said, cancel culture is post modern hysteria for the Internet age. It will die soon. Look no further than the Netflix trans x David Chapelle fiasco. No support from the trans activists with great reach. Only stupid Dan Levy supported them. Ryan Murphy, Laverne Cox, etc didn't say a word, because they know this type of abusive activism has turned people away from the causes they supposedly fight for.

by Anonymousreply 128November 13, 2021 6:57 PM

R127 Made up story

R128 We aren’t outside the US so, yeah, not a center/right party.

by Anonymousreply 129November 13, 2021 7:12 PM

R129 Nope. I like in woke central Seattle. Most people are getting sick of this shit.

by Anonymousreply 130November 13, 2021 7:14 PM

R128 likes her imagination.

R130 Lies. Oh but they aren’t getting sick of the GQP canceling election and democracy? REALLY? OMG you fucking right wing loons are NUTS. WE DON’T BELIEVE YOU.

by Anonymousreply 131November 13, 2021 7:15 PM

R131 the Russiagate shit is nonsense and deep down you know it. I am a registered democrat and live in one of the bluest cities in the US, so why the fuck would I care about the particularities of how republicans are insane? I already know they're stupid and evil. Apocalyptic screaming about russia wins no allies.

by Anonymousreply 132November 13, 2021 7:20 PM

R125 is correct.

by Anonymousreply 133November 13, 2021 8:51 PM

R115 I think the same but switch gays with blacks. I didn’t think the Chapelle special was transphobic per se, more along the lines of black people are the gatekeepers of oppression, so others are not granted their agency. “You can’t out-oppress blacks, so gtfo with that shit.” Thats what I gathered.

by Anonymousreply 134November 13, 2021 8:56 PM

Wow so much hate when you mention Cancel Culture and the Left. All you hear about is look at the Right, the Right , the Right. Did I say the Right?

If you say the Left are the ones pushing cancel culture at the moment ,you much be a Fascist, or stupid, or Alt Right. Because I say so !!!

No ,most people on this site critical of Cancel Culture are just Left of Centre Gays or Lesbians or women or any other person or minority told what to think or how to think. We must all believe. What? We all have our own journey in this world . Not one of us will have the same one. Why the fuck should we all think the same. It is clear some on the Left have become authoritarian and refuse to counter dissent. The proof ? The constant yelling and accusations of being evil if you dont. It doesn’t work, it just pushes people away.

by Anonymousreply 135November 14, 2021 2:03 AM

R135 No, we are sick of your right wing talking point BULLSHIT. You’re the authoritarian and want to divert attention away from your party’s canceling books, curriculum, democracy and the last election. You’re a POS.

by Anonymousreply 136November 15, 2021 11:02 AM

R132 Russiagate is real you right wing bootlicking scum.

by Anonymousreply 137November 15, 2021 11:03 AM

Is Miss Ford still flashing her bare ass in the shower?

by Anonymousreply 138November 15, 2021 2:14 PM

Headlines:

GOP Rep. Paul Gosar Posts Anime Video Of Him Killing Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Anti-vaxx protests outside Jewish lawmaker's office show Nazi symbols

Disgraced former Trump aide Michael Flynn sparks outrage by saying US must have only one religion

Trump's defense secretary says his goal was to stop him from using the military against Americans in 'the days before, the day of, and the days after the election:' book

He’s a Texas County’s Top Law Enforcement Official. What’s His Name Doing on an Oath Keeper Roster?

Datalounge: Oh my gosh. The left is so angry.

by Anonymousreply 139November 15, 2021 4:42 PM

R139 BINGO

by Anonymousreply 140November 15, 2021 10:34 PM

If you don’t get it , fine,not going to argue. You calm yell and scream and throw tantrums that you are surrounded by Fascists. All you have done , is make it easier for people to go against you.

by Anonymousreply 141November 15, 2021 11:38 PM

[R35] as has been pointed out, you don't see the left pulling traitorous/racist/hateful shit like the gop is engages in. Stop acting like and apologizing for the RIGHT WING ASSHOLES and you won't hear any complaining from the rest of us.

by Anonymousreply 142November 16, 2021 6:37 AM

^^^R135 that is.

by Anonymousreply 143November 16, 2021 6:38 AM

R143 Stop calling everyone who doesn’t agree with you Right Wing. Frankly it is childish. But that is ok. I don’t imagine you can reason with someone who still bed wets.

by Anonymousreply 144November 16, 2021 12:22 PM

I think the reason so many are now speaking out about cancel culture is because they couldn’t do it during Trump’s presidency and election as they wanted to show a united front, that what’s happened with LGB with the trans community.

by Anonymousreply 145November 16, 2021 12:27 PM

My what a cogent argument R144. But it actually illustrates my point. You choose to not want to debate any of the traitorous, anti-democratic actions by The Dump and his allies. Or discuss the white supremecist language. Or condemn the signaling to autocrats around the world that the US will soon be joining them if the loser ex president somehow stays out of prison and is re-elected.

No, you'd rather bitch and whine and bleat about cancel culture and me calling out right wing assholery. Like THAT is the worst thing.

by Anonymousreply 146November 19, 2021 5:43 AM

That Trump is still all you can discuss is actually tragic . He has not been Office for nearly a year, but he is always there. I find it sad. You can’t let go. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 147November 19, 2021 7:49 AM

Trust me, I don't like thinking about that traitorous fuck either. I"m hope after he's put away (or he flees the country) things may calm down. I'm also hopeful - tho far from convinced - that his assholery isn't going to last past this current generation of morons who support him, that surely the new generation will shun such un-patriotic and racist nonsense.

Of ALL of the people in this country to support, you people had to fall in line behind the most hateful, ignorant, traitorous piece of shit imaginable. I'm sure that shows a lot you don't want to recognize about your character, R147, and all of you other right wing assholes.

by Anonymousreply 148November 19, 2021 11:11 PM

“Of ALL of the people in this country to support, you people had to fall in line behind the most hateful, ignorant, traitorous piece of shit imaginable. I'm sure that shows a lot you don't want to recognize about your character, [R147], and all of you other right wing assholes.

—Momar r 148”

The tragedy of this situation r148 is I don’t support Trump and frankly 99% of the people you have just outed at “Right Wing assholes” are just Centrists and most would be on the Left of Centre. However the Media and the extreme Left have destroyed so much of the language and the discourse, that being rational anymore is impossible.

People like you throw terms like Right Wing and Fascist and Nazi out like it is common as walking on the street every day and passing thousands when going to work. At last estimates aren’t there like 3,000 people part of the Klu Klux Klan or something? .I mean where are these millions and million of enemies you have ? Are you saying that there are more Nazis now in 2021 than there was in 1940? Do you even know what defines a real Nazi or Fascist or extreme Right Wing?

The Media have allowed these lies to fester and are just as culpable as Trump in stoking the divide with in the US. They shit on the poor and talk about how bigoted and stupid they are and then wonder why they don’t vote for their Party. WTF? It is simple logic that you would give a big fuck you to people who kept telling you were the lowest of the low, but somehow this beyond most of you to believe. It is a tragedy because for all the supposed intelligence and openness you believe you have , you are willing to believe half the country can just be divided into stupid and bigoted and you . That makes you deluded and dangerous. It means you will believe anything that feeds the narrative and because you believe you are above believing in conspiracy theories it means you are the easiest to fall into one.

Sad.

by Anonymousreply 149November 21, 2021 1:46 AM

R149

Bravaaa!!Belisimmo!!!!

by Anonymousreply 150November 21, 2021 12:38 PM

OP is a retarded thug.

by Anonymousreply 151November 21, 2021 12:45 PM

[quote] The Democratic Party is center-right to anyone outside the US.

No it’s not and this has been debunked ten million times.

by Anonymousreply 152November 21, 2021 12:47 PM

[quote] Seems like the left and most Democrats are losing their grip on things.

They’re denying science. They’re all about feelings and group think. They’re a bunch of Tipper Gores and the new Moral Majority. They’re demanding that language be rewritten, they’re practicing revisionist history, and they do nothing but scold. They’re no better than the Right. Don’t even get me started on that “believe all victims” bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 153November 21, 2021 12:50 PM

R149 is absolutely full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 154November 21, 2021 3:45 PM

Tom Ford can speak his mind...I think?

by Anonymousreply 155November 21, 2021 10:45 PM

R153 you’re a complete moron - we’re not buying the Putin-produced shit you’re peddling.

by Anonymousreply 156November 26, 2021 2:01 PM

I don’t think the OP read the article he posted.

by Anonymousreply 157November 26, 2021 2:23 PM

Tom Ford needs to cancel the injections holding up his face and making him look he's swallowed a balloon. Ford is free to sell $50 lipsticks that cost .50 to make so I can't imagine he's terribly aggrieved because he can't introduce a line of kimonos.

Twitter mobs exist and can create a drumbeat, in concert with the media, that result in someone getting fired. Republicans have used it time and again so they have no business complaining.

by Anonymousreply 158November 26, 2021 2:35 PM

Is there something unnatural and creepy about Tom Ford?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 159November 27, 2021 10:47 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!